Week 16 : Florianopolis 2, Brazil [Winner: Thomaz Bellucci] [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Week 16 : Florianopolis 2, Brazil [Winner: Thomaz Bellucci]

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GugaF1
04-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Yes, I've heard that too. But he is 23 years old yet, I still believe he can make damage in the circuit. He did fight a lot against Dabul yesterday, in a match that he kept foccused and managed to win. Also, as much as he doesn't take his career too seriously as a tennis player should, I saw him outside the courts and he seemed to be a cool guy, very friendly and relaxed. Maybe it's just his way of being :shrug:

Bellucci, by his side, is told to be very professional, but I still don't see any charisma on him, and I also take this into consideration to "choose" my favourite players. Yesterday, during Franco vs Dabul match, he gave an interview. He should talk a little bit more, don't be so shy. He keeps laughing, seems embarrassed when talking to the press. He seems to be ashamed of something, when he shouldn't. Because of that I don't see much confidence on him when the time of playing ATP's come. His match against Giraldo was a good example. He was playing great, then he became totally afraid of winning, started to play poorly and his body stopped to work.

I can be totally wrong, and I hope I am, but I still didn't get totally excited about Bellucci's improvement after I started watching his matches.

I love Bellucci's attitude, he is all business. I agree he is not very outspoken but, those shy, quiet guys are the ones you can look out to. They have that inner confidence and they take what really matters very seriously. Not like many guys that have a loud mouth and have a lot of fun, party a lot. But, are not very serious about their career like Saretta or Ferreiro. Bellucci is a little Nerdy..lol..but, in a good way he seems very serious and focus on what really counts.

Look at a guy like Pete Sampras. In Bellucci's age he was very shy, really introverted, similar to the Brazilian. When it cames to speaking, he let the racquet do all the talking. I am not saying that Bellucci will ever get as close to Pete Sampras but, I notice they have similar personalities, that quiet Driven attitude... I can appreciate that and see charisma in that more then trash talkers..

Caio_Brasil
04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I love Bellucci's attitude, he is all business. I agree he is not very outspoken but, those shy, quiet guys are the ones you can look out to. They have that inner confidence and they take what really matters very seriously. Not like many guys that have a loud mouth and have a lot of fun, party a lot. But, are not very serious about their career like Saretta or Ferreiro. Bellucci is a little Nerdy..lol..but, in a good way he seems very serious and focus on what really counts.

Look at a guy like Pete Sampras. In Bellucci's age he was very shy, really introverted, similar to the Brazilian. When it cames to speaking, he let the racquet do all the talking. I am not saying that Bellucci will ever get as close to Pete Sampras but, I notice they have similar personalities, that quiet Driven attitude... I can appreciate that and see charisma in that more then trash talkers..

I totally admire hard workers, in fact almost all my favourite players are those warriors who fight a lot and never give up. Anyway, I still think Bellucci can relax a little bit, because in the ATP circuit he will have to be brave. But I agree with you, until now it's working pretty well, and I hope it keeps working.

Jader Magri
04-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Congratulations Thomaz Bellucci, you are a monster !!!!
Brazil won 4 challengers in 2008 !!! Spain too...

gagm
04-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Bellucci :worship::worship:

Futuro top 50º :cool:

Zirconek
10-02-2008, 03:46 PM
The owner of the resort where this tournament was held was arrested. Fernando Marcondes de Mattos was previously arrested in May 2007. Both times he bribed public officers to get environental license to install builds in protected areas. Florianópolis is located in a beautiful island with several ecosystems, like rain forest, dune fields, lagoons, mangroves and restinga, which are damaged by the building of fancy houses and hotels.

Zirconek
10-03-2008, 12:45 PM
if anyone is wondering, the other Challenger in Florianópolis (which will be played in next week) is in a different venue (Lagoa Yacht Club).
The one of this thread was played at Costão do Santinho, which is a resort.