Federer Says Novak Is The Best [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer Says Novak Is The Best

vrishti
03-26-2008, 10:40 AM
a friend of mine translated it
:)

FEDERER: NOVAK IS THE BEST
Zurich
Generous as always, the world's best tennis player Roger Federer has agreed to speak for "Vecernje Novosti" after giving interview to Austrian "Blik". After bad start of the season due to mononucleosis and big successes of Novak Djokovic, the unsurmountable leader of the ATP list is aware that he will have to invest maximum effort to defend his no.1 spot.
- I know that Novak wants my throne and for now he is on his best way, but I am still not for „old iron“. I’ll fight despite illness that is bothering me in my quest to stay at the throne as long as possible – Federer says exclusively for „Novosti“ – I am surprised just how much Djokovic has gotten serious on court. He is playing phenomenally; and that he is at the moment the best in the world, is indicated with big tournaments, where he en-route beat Nadal at Montreal and Indian Wells, an myself at Montreal and Melbourne –
Federer thinks that Serbian ace has considerable chances at being the next no.1 on ATP list.
- Djokovic has all the become my successor, but I also have ambitions to remain no. 1, and as many other tennis players who also wont my spot. In any case, I sincerely congratulate Novak on his successes, and am eagerly looking forward are next meeting so I could get my revenge (he said „revanš“, which is not revenge but something bit more of sporting meaning, don’t know exactly how to translate)
- I am also proud of „our“ Ana who is a Basel representative, as myself. I congratulate her on success at Indian Wells i and wish her to claim to no.1 WTA after Wimbledon where she belongs. My Mirka is a big fan of Ana, and she follows all of her matches with great interest – says Federer
- You know, we from Basel are big fans of all whose surnames end with „ic“. At the football club, there are always seven-eight players form your lands and they have brought us many titles. Personally, I’m a big fan of football and I like watching Serbians Ergic, Kuzmanovic and Perovic as Croats Petric and Smiljanic and others

MaryX
03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
I must say I'm very doubtful about this.I've heard about that, but what confuses me is that it's the only newspaper where you can find this kind of Fed's statements, it isn't the first time.Looks like to me that journalist who writes from Zurich is just making up this kind of things all the time.

vrishti
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
no, it was a serbian magazine, not swiss, and you must sometimes atleast sometimes appreciate roger

Chiseller
03-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Just ignore it and keep hating him, who cares? :devil:
Everyone needs a villain, right?

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I read in a Swiss newspaper today that Novak just claimed being superior to Roger :)

vrishti
03-26-2008, 11:06 AM
:retard::wazzup:roger villian:eek::eek:
you cannot be serious:confused::wazzup:

vrishti
03-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I read in a Swiss newspaper today that Novak just claimed being superior to Roger :)

nole the great at it again, WTF:(:(:rolleyes::mad:

gjr
03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
No matter if it'd been Roger or anyone else spinning it the truth is that Nole is the main man at the moment.

He's won AO and IW, the most important events this year. It doesn't take much to work out who is the player to beat.

If he defends Miami or goes close he's still in the box seat to be the number 1 by the end of the year.

MaryX
03-26-2008, 11:11 AM
no, it was a serbian magazine, not swiss, and you must sometimes atleast sometimes appreciate roger

You don't have an idea to which extent I appreciate Roger, I've said it already, the guy who is hard to outpass.The other thing is that I don't like his dominance.

I don't appreciate that magazine you are talking about and that journalist.I think he's making things up.C'mon, "I’m a big fan of football and I like watching Serbians Ergic, Kuzmanovic and Perovic as Croats Petric and Smiljanic and others" !We, Serbians don't love those guys much, why would Fed care for them and know their names?!

Novak, on the contrary, said he didn't want to think of himself as the best at the moment, because it causes the pressure.

vrishti
03-26-2008, 11:15 AM
@maryx
its up to him who he wants to like, to which magazine he gives interviews, atleast i feel so

zeleni
03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't appreciate that magazine you are talking about and that journalist.I think he's making things up.C'mon, "I’m a big fan of football and I like watching Serbians Ergic, Kuzmanovic and Perovic as Croats Petric and Smiljanic and others" !We, Serbians don't love those guys much, why would Fed care for them and know their names?!

Federer was training football before he switched to tennis. He loves football and supports his hometown club - what is so strange about that?:confused:

edit: those guys he named are/were playing in Basel.

vrishti
03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Federer was training football before he switched to tennis. He loves football and supports his hometown club - what is so strange about that?:confused:

ditto that:wavey:

Chiseller
03-26-2008, 11:23 AM
!We, Serbians don't love those guys much, why would Fed care for them and know their names?!

Federer is known as huge football fan and especially of FC Basel. FC Basel is indeed full of serbians and croats for many years now. Everyone knows the names of the players of "his" club.
I wonder why you "don't love those guys much"?

FNT
03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Plus he always said he followed his hometown club closely and attends their games every time he gets a chance.
There is a great chance he knows all these guys personally as well. Since he knows people who know people, you know. =))

vrishti
03-26-2008, 11:35 AM
so now the debate is over the fact that he likes those footballers or not

tennisman.
03-26-2008, 11:38 AM
What a mug

zeleni
03-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Original text (http://www.novosti.co.yu/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=118490&datum=2008-03-26)

"Vecernje novosti" is rather decent newspaper, so no need to be suspicious about authenticity. Translation is also correct.

Anyway, I am surprised to read what Federer said about DJokovic having in mind some disrespectful comments about Nole before. Maybe Federer was more generous because he was speaking for Serbian newspapers.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe Federer was more generous because he was speaking for Serbian newspapers.

Maybe :devil:

On the other hand Novak isn't quite as diplomatic, when he claims being the best to some Swiss newspapers, that makes him sound even more arrogant than he actually is :angel: :)

http://www.lematin.ch/fr/sport/tennis/la-serbie-fait-la-revolution_12-122185

zeleni
03-26-2008, 12:04 PM

On the other hand Novak isn't quite as diplomatic, when he claims being the best to some Swiss newspapers, that makes him sound even more arrogant than he actually is :angel: :)

Give me link to that Swiss newspapers.

Djokovic isn't arrogant. He is just self confident.
He always speaks about Federer with respect.

vrishti
03-26-2008, 12:05 PM

On the other hand Novak isn't quite as diplomatic, when he claims being the best to some Swiss newspapers, that makes him sound even more arrogant than he actually is :angel: :)joker is the epitome of arrogance, but why would the nole tards care:cool:

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:06 PM

I've edited my post with the link. That's in French though ;)

Of course, when Novak speaks out of his arse he's just being self confident... But whenever Roger breathes it's either arrogance or false modesty... :rolleyes:

Puschkin
03-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Generous as always, the world's best tennis player Roger Federer has agreed to speak for "Vecernje Novosti" after giving interview to Austrian "Blik".

Blik - probably it should read Blick - is not an Austrian, but a Swiss paper.

vrishti
03-26-2008, 12:08 PM

:rolls::zzz::haha:
you dont mean it, right

Roland9
03-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Federer really is a great man.

I suspect most of the people here actually agree with what he is saying but they will come out dissing him for this...

Remember that he probably just speaks his mind and there is nothing wrong with saying "Nole is the best at the moment", because he clearly is.

The footballers thing... *shrug*

zcess81
03-26-2008, 12:14 PM

Of course, when Novak speaks out of his arse he's just being self confident... But whenever Roger breathes it's either arrogance or false modesty... :rolleyes:

No. Novak is arrogant, no question about that, and that's fine with me...makes me like him even more, cause it's always entertaining when players have a pissing contest. But what gets to me is when Fedtards claim that their master is all about class, modesty etc. He's just as arrogant as Novak, he hides it better, but when under pressure he reveals his true nature. Federer is as arrogant as Novak...no more, no less. I know that this is a hard thing to hear for all Fedtards but it's true.

Castafiore
03-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Djokovic quote from the article P.Antonius linked to:

«Je sais que beaucoup de gens me voient comme le meilleur joueur du monde en ce moment. Et, d'ailleurs, je pense que, en regardant les résultats, je mérite de l'être. Mais je ne veux pas y penser pour ne pas me mettre de pression supplémentaire. J'en ai suffisamment»,

Translation:

"I know that a lot of people view me as the best player in the world at this moment. Besides, looking at the results, I think that I deserve to be. But I don't want to think about it in order to not add more pressure. I have enough of that already".

zeleni
03-26-2008, 12:19 PM

What kind of newspapers is "Le Matin"? Is it reliable or some trash tabloid?

Nole made the oposite statement these days - he still isn't #1 in spite of good start this year.

I don't believe that "Le Matin" article...

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Djokovic quote from the article P.Antonius linked to:

Another nice quote from the article:

«Je pense qu'en regardant les résultats, je mérite d'être considéré comme le meilleur joueur du monde»

Translation:

"I think that when you look at the results I deserve to be considered the best player in the world"

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:22 PM

Nole made the oposite statement these days - he still isn't #1 in spite of good start this year.

"Le Matin" is the biggest newspaper from the French speaking part of Switzerland :shrug:

vrishti
03-26-2008, 12:22 PM

which article do you believe:devil:

vucina
03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
This article is probably legit. Novosti is respectable newspaper and they don't make up this kind of things. Anyway, it sounds like something Federer would say, specially that "I am surprised just how much Djokovic has gotten serious on court". In Fedtalk that means "he doesn't take fake timeouts anymore".
Fed is a classic Swiss, talks nice about Nole for serbian magazine, and then badmouths him in front of everyone else. Novak is arrogant, but he never said a bad word about him.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Fed is a classic Swiss, talks nice about Nole for serbian magazine, and then badmouths him in front of everyone else.

:scratch: hum, being "false" is a typical Swiss thing? Hum, I love those Serbians more and more... :inlove: :bounce:

zcess81
03-26-2008, 12:26 PM

«Je pense qu'en regardant les résultats, je mérite d'être considéré comme le meilleur joueur du monde»

Translation:

"I think that when you look at the results I deserve to be considered the best player in the world"

Is that statement not true? He's pointing out the facts. In 2008 he is no.1 in the race and that means that CURRENTLY he is the best player in the world. Likewise, Roger is no.1 in the world, and he always mentions that during his pre/post match interviews. How is that different? What should he avoid saying "I'm no.1 in the world" cause that might make him sound arrogant?

zeleni
03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
"Le Matin" is the biggest newspaper from the French speaking part of Switzerland :shrug:
That doesn't make them persistent to mistakes like wrong unimtentional translation.

Jelena_78
03-26-2008, 12:28 PM
You don't have an idea to which extent I appreciate Roger, I've said it already, the guy who is hard to outpass.The other thing is that I don't like his dominance.

Novak, on the contrary, said he didn't want to think of himself as the best at the moment, because it causes the pressure.

Maybe cause Ergic and Perovic play for his hometown FC club,and Kuzmanovic played from '05-'07. And they've played really good...and he says he loves football... so that's why he would care...:shrug: and it's not true that we here don't love those guys much...where did you get that from?! Maybe you just don't follow footbal that much

And if Fed said all that both about Nole and Ana :worship: cause that's the way things really are at the moment. :)

bokehlicious
[/B]

Is that statement not true? He's pointing out the facts.

Nope, entry rankings matters, and last time I checked he wasn't #1 :shrug:

vrishti
This article is probably legit. Novosti is respectable newspaper and they don't make up this kind of things. Anyway, it sounds like something Federer would say, specially that "I am surprised just how much Djokovic has gotten serious on court". In Fedtalk that means "he doesn't take fake timeouts anymore".
Fed is a classic Swiss, talks nice about Nole for serbian magazine, and then badmouths him in front of everyone else. Novak is arrogant, but he never said a bad word about him.

you mean swiss people are fake:eek::eek:

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:31 PM
you mean swiss people are fake:eek::eek:

Another well-educated Serbian, nothing surprising here... :shrug: :sad:

zcess81
03-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Nope, entry rankings matters, and last time I checked he wasn't #1 :shrug:

Now you're either playing stupid or your love for Fed had blinded you. The whole point of race rankings is to show who's the best player on tour in any given year.
No.1 in the race means that you're in the best form and CURRENTLY THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. And that is what Novak said...that currently he's the best player, NOT no.1 in the world. I don't think even you can argue with that. Fed is no.1 in the world but he is not the best player in the world RIGHT NOW. Nobody can dispute that. I'm not saying Fed won't get back on track, but right not he's below both Novak and Nadal.

vrishti
03-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Another well-educated Serbian, nothing surprising here... :shrug: :sad:

what does these serbs wanna prove, :rolleyes:

vucina
03-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I just don't like hypocrisy.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Now you're either playing stupid or your love for Fed had blinded you. The whole point of race rankings is to show who's the best player on tour in any given year.
No.1 in the race means that you're in the best form and CURRENTLY THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. I don't think even you can argue with that. Fed is no.1 in the world but he is not the best player in the world RIGHT NOW. Nobody can dispute that. I'm not saying Fed won't get back on track, but right not he's below both Novak and Nadal.

The race is only relevant at the end of the year :rolleyes: otherwise the guy that wins Doha is automatically the best player in the world at the beginning of January? :scratch: :retard:

FNT
03-26-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't like Djokovic all that much as a person, but what he said is legit. He DOES deserve to be called the best in the world at this very moment. So does Roger. The both deserve to be called the best.
Everyone understands that this is pretty much mindgames, besides, I don't think Novak is really the guy to be the best consistently. He is slightly too emotional for that. We might see him going up and down in the future.
Tard alert: I'm not bashing the guy, he's a tremendous player. That's just my opinion of him.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I just don't like hypocrisy.

And all Swiss are hypocrite? :confused:

I guess it's like saying all Serbians are clones of Milosevic? :angel:

:retard::retard::retard::retard::retard:

FNT
03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
The race is only relevant at the end of the year :rolleyes: otherwise the guy that wins Doha is automatically the best player in the world at the beginning of January? :scratch: :retard:

Oh, come on. It's not as if he only won Doha. He won the two biggest tourneys of the year so far. You can't compare that to winning one MM. The race matters in March. Even more so in April, it's useful to figure out the dynamics.

vucina
03-26-2008, 12:41 PM
No, P. Antonius, we are not well educated, we are all savages, live in mud hutes, and have no morality unlike you Swiss. We would probably eat Federer if he ever comes to Serbia.

aeronatasha
03-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Q. Where does this huge confidence that you have this year coming from? I think this is the biggest difference in your game in the last couple months.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, if you win more and more matches you get more confident. I think that's obvious fact. But I'm trying to remain focused on results and tennis, because I already achieved a lot with only 20 years of age, and I know that people already see me as one of the best players in the world.
But I need to stay calm and just go step by step and try to get to my lifetime goal which is to be No. 1. It's getting closer, but still, I don't want to go too fast and skip some things. I really need to be consistent with my results in the most important events, major events. I started the year in the best possible way, but still, it's not over yet. I need to play finals.

http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/players/interviews/2008/djokovic322.asp

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:44 PM
No, P. Antonius, we are not well educated, we are all savages, live in mud hutes, and have no morality unlike you Swiss. We would probably eat Federer if he ever comes to Serbia.

You didn't answer my question. Is hypocrisy a Swiss trademark? :confused:

vucina
03-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, among other things. Are you saying it's not?

aeronatasha
03-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd say accuracy is a Swiss trademark. :)

zcess81
03-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Are you kidding me? We're not talking about someone winning Doha we're talking about winning 2 MAJOR tournaments...and Fed winning NO TITLES SO FAR. There is a HUGE difference between winning Doha (which does not include all the best players) and gs and ms (which includes the world's best). Race is relevant throughout the year. It's a good indicator of performance. The only reason why the race becomes more relevant towards the end of the year is cause of the Masters Cup and qualifying. The reason why tennis fans and journalists are saying that Novak's the best right now is because he's been playing great and Roger has been playing EXTREMELY POOR and the margin on the race rankings between them is huge. Roger's current level of play is exactly what it is on the race, which is no.4.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes, among other things. Are you saying it's not?

How many Swiss do you personally know? I know only one Serbian, Milosevic, does that mean that all Serbs are like him?

:tape: :retard: :tape: :retard: :tape: :retard:

vrishti
03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
a question to all you serbs: if your countryman mr.djoker wasnt there, would you have been saying the same things:confused:

aeronatasha
03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
This is getting out of hand.. no need to insult one another regarding nation.

Roland9
03-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Mumbo-jumbo talk is clearly a trademark of MTF.

zcess81
03-26-2008, 12:53 PM
How many Swiss do you personally know? I know only one Serbian, Milosevic, does that mean that all Serbs are like him?

:tape: :retard: :tape: :retard: :tape: :retard:

I think you should apply your own wise statement to your sig. Are all Serbians on MTF the same? Cause you hate them all, and I'm sure you don't know ALL of them. If you can generalize here, how is it any different when others say something bad about the Swiss?

vucina
03-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Really funny P Antonius. You're the one to talk about nation bashing. You've been saying crap about us since the start. You have it even in your sig.

vrishti
03-26-2008, 01:00 PM
i guess this thread was to discuss about roger's comments and not to start a fight on nation grounds

Grunge
03-26-2008, 01:00 PM
For my Serbian fellows who say "vecernje novosti" is serious newspapers:
Where did you live for last 20 years? Even if we forget that those papers were one of main mind-poisoning weapons of Milosevic regime, I beg you to take some time and actually read articles in those papers. It is perfect example of unprofessional journalism. Just look how they twist words in interviews (that are available in video form) to make it more appealing to their target audience (wide range of mostly uneducated people). Or how they like to make spectacular articles like "Serbian genius teenager became master on US college in one week", without even checking if those facts they are writing about are true or not. If you are interested, send me PM, and I will give you few links on online articles by those newspapers, so you can see what I am talking about.

HNCS
03-26-2008, 01:01 PM
:retard: at this thread....or at least what this thread has become.

Even the Fed Vs Nadal wasn't this ugly in MTF....:confused:

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Really funny P Antonius. You're the one to talk about nation bashing. You've been saying crap about us since the start. You have it even in your sig.

I never bashed Serbia. I bash Serbian MTF posters that popped up out of nowhere gloating their pseudo superiority feelings because of Djokovic' recent success... I am really convinced that most Serbians are wiser and smarter than that ;)

Kolya
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Who cares what Federer says these days anyways...

elessar
03-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Who cares what Federer says these days anyways...
way too many people on this board :zzz: and not necessarily his fans.

Is it possible for a thread not to degenerate into a bashing session or a political discussion everytime it's posted on GM...
nevermind.

zcess81
03-26-2008, 01:05 PM
I never bashed Serbia. I bash Serbian MTF posters that popped up out of nowhere gloating their pseudo superiority feelings because of Djokovic' recent success... I am really convinced that most Serbians are wiser and smarter than that ;)

You're still generalizing...your statement says that if you are MTF poster and if you are from Serbia, you hate them.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
You're still generalizing...your statement says that if you are MTF poster and if you are from Serbia, you hate them.

So what? There's maybe 10-20 MTF Serbians whereas we're more than 7M Swiss... Not exactly the same generalization if you ask me :retard:

Action Jackson
03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
The Entry Ranking is the one that counts.

So when Koubek, Santoro and Andy Murray won Doha they were #1 at that time, therefore the best in the world.

Tenez
03-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I really would like to see more Fed v Djoko matches with a fit Federer before passing on the title to Nole. But from what I have seen from Novak, he has not reached the same level as Fed reached before his illness.

zcess81
03-26-2008, 01:15 PM
So what? There's maybe 10-20 MTF Serbians whereas we're more than 7M Swiss... Not exactly the same generalization if you ask me :retard:

It does not matter...is it better to generalize against 7M Swiss than 1.32bn Chinese? Where exactly do you draw the line? At 20...50...1000? If your retarded logic was actually applied, then it would be OK to generalize the Swiss cause there is only 7m of them, which is nothing compared to China, USA, India, Brazil etc. Numbers don't matter. It's the intent that matters. If tomorrow 20 or 100 more Serbian MTFers showed up, you'd hate them just cause of their nationality.

vucina
03-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I never bashed Serbia. I bash Serbian MTF posters that popped up out of nowhere gloating their pseudo superiority feelings because of Djokovic' recent success... I am really convinced that most Serbians are wiser and smarter than that
Hypocrisy again. And patronising.

elessar
03-26-2008, 01:25 PM

His swissitude is pouring out of every word of his :(

MaryX
03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
For my Serbian fellows who say "vecernje novosti" is serious newspapers:
Where did you live for last 20 years? Even if we forget that those papers were one of main mind-poisoning weapons of Milosevic regime, I beg you to take some time and actually read articles in those papers. It is perfect example of unprofessional journalism. Just look how they twist words in interviews (that are available in video form) to make it more appealing to their target audience (wide range of mostly uneducated people). Or how they like to make spectacular articles like "Serbian genius teenager became master on US college in one week", without even checking if those facts they are writing about are true or not. If you are interested, send me PM, and I will give you few links on online articles by those newspapers, so you can see what I am talking about.

:worship: Nothing more to add.Except that this journalist had this kind of "chats" with Roger before.That was quoted here, too.

Maybe cause Ergic and Perovic play for his hometown FC club,and Kuzmanovic played from '05-'07. And they've played really good...and he says he loves football... so that's why he would care... and it's not true that we here don't love those guys much...where did you get that from?! Maybe you just don't follow footbal that much

Sorry, but we don't love these guys.Me and people around me.I think Serbian football players and Serbian football is anti-propaganda of this beautiful game.That's all :shrug:

Chiseller
03-26-2008, 01:50 PM
It does not matter...is it better to generalize against 7M Swiss than 1.32bn Chinese? Where exactly do you draw the line? At 20...50...1000? If your retarded logic was actually applied, then it would be OK to generalize the Swiss cause there is only 7m of them, which is nothing compared to China, USA, India, Brazil etc. Numbers don't matter. It's the intent that matters. If tomorrow 20 or 100 more Serbian MTFers showed up, you'd hate them just cause of their nationality.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9788/clapzf0.gif
Same goes to vucina and many many others.
Those bigots are truly annoying.

Art&Soul
03-26-2008, 01:50 PM
The Sebtards here are so pathetic, way more annoying than the Croat before:retard: And the Faker is so arrogant to say he is the best in the world just because he got 2 major titles so far in HC :rolleyes: so if in clay season Nadal win FO and some other clay titles does make him the best then :shrug:

tennizen
03-26-2008, 01:55 PM
What a degeneration:lol:

Regarding the subject matter at hand, at this point Roger can do nothing but to acknowledge Novak as a genuine threat. He has been increasingly complimentary of him(grudgingly though)and he would be blind otherwise. Having said that, I doubt if he will ever effusively praise Djokovic( as this translation seems to indicate). All his previous interview suggest a coldness and until I hear more interviews from him, this is what I will go with.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 01:58 PM

Hypocrisy? Because I don't like the recent Serbian gloating and their superiority feelings? :confused: Huh :scratch: :retard:

KitinovRules
03-26-2008, 02:00 PM
The Sebtards here are so pathetic, way more annoying than the Croat before:retard: And the Faker is so arrogant to say he is the best in the world just because he got 2 major titles so far in HC :rolleyes: so if in clay season Nadal win FO and some other clay titles does make him the best then :shrug:
He just pick the moment to play his best tennis.
He could not had any chance if Fed plays today like he played in 2005,2006 - Jesus Fed.
C'mon he got easiest possible draw in IW, and even more easier in Miami.
Faker will drop his game soon.

And Serbtards were never arround when Roddick wiped the court with the Faker in Dubai.

Grofica
03-26-2008, 02:01 PM

so you said you bashed all serbian MTFers? so what is your reason to bash me? Since I am Serbian MTFer, what have I said for you to hate me? I really don't know and I must admitt I think I saw you today for the first time, which mean we are not visiting same threads...so what is the reason to hate me?

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
so you said you bashed all serbian MTFers? so what is your reason to bash me? Since I am Serbian MTFer, what have I said for you to hate me? I really don't know and I must admitt I think I saw you today for the first time, which mean we are not visiting same threads...so what is the reason to hate me?

Don't be so sensitive sweetheart :hug: :D

:secret: sig edited :angel: ;)

Grofica
03-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Don't be so sensitive sweetheart :hug: :D

:secret: sig edited :angel: ;)

damn..... I didn't expected this reaction :) I had nasty reaction preparerd for your reaction.....but now I am cool :angel:

NinaNina19
03-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I post on WTAworld and the Serbian posters there know how to behave and they really contribute well to the forum. They also respect other posters and their opinions. The Serbian posters here are like :retard:. And I figured out why. Here they are mostly male posters and there they are largely female.

arm
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
well if it its true..

I can't believe he said it! He playing defense now! amazing from him!

zcess81
03-26-2008, 02:13 PM
He just pick the moment to play his best tennis.
He could not had any chance if Fed plays today like he played in 2005,2006 - Jesus Fed.
C'mon he got easiest possible draw in IW, and even more easier in Miami.
Faker will drop his game soon.

And Serbtards were never arround when Roddick wiped the court with the Faker in Dubai.

He broke him ONCE...the result was 7-6 6-3...how is that wiping the floor???? :retard::retard::retard::retard:

Or Levy
03-26-2008, 02:13 PM
My take on the article is that Roger decided to lower the flames a bit.

There's this buzz going on in the Tennis community about the hostilities between them, Nole said stuff, Roger said stuff (a while back, but still), Nole's parents said stuff. Throw in Pete Sampras' comments "If you call that personality" and Roger "Trying in vain to supress a grin" and you get a sensitive situation.

I don't think Roger wants a REAL rivlary here, he's never going to be Nole's buddy, but I don't think he want animosity between them. I'm sure he is very respectful of Nole's accomplishment in the past year, especially since IW started, and maybe feel the need to be a little more clear on that.

Plus, it was to a Serbian newspaper, Roger was a bit more complimentry than he otherwise would be. Diplomacy at its highest.

star
03-26-2008, 02:17 PM
That's kind of an odd interview. He said at the same time in Blick that he was feeling just fine, but in the Serbian interview he says he is fighting despite the illness bothering him. Something is fishy is journoLand.

xelena
03-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Mon Dieu!

the swiss Le Matin has an article saying that Nadal's carrer is over by the end of 2008.

a close guy to nadal Milan Sterba said that Nadal's health problems and then moral problems (uncle tony, family) is going down the hill.. And Nadal on his website says that he created a charity foundation and he will dedicate himself to this and not to tennis (??)

adiooos Nadalos :sad:

http://www.lematin.ch/fr/sport/tennis/milan-sterba-la-carriere-de-rafael-nadal-est-bientot-terminee_12-122166

HNCS
03-26-2008, 02:39 PM
That's kind of an odd interview. He said at the same time in Blick that he was feeling just fine, but in the Serbian interview he says he is fighting despite the illness bothering him. Something is fishy is journoLand.

i take that to mean that the illness has bothered him insofar as it's sapped all his energy and fitness levels, not actual illness.

HNCS
03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Mon Dieu!

the swiss Le Matin has an article saying that Nadal's carrer is over by the end of 2008.

a close guy to nadal Milan Sterba said that Nadal's health problems and then moral problems (uncle tony, family) is going down the hill.. And Nadal on his website says that he created a charity foundation and he will dedicate himself to this and not to tennis (??)

adiooos Nadalos :(

http://www.lematin.ch/fr/sport/tennis/milan-sterba-la-carriere-de-rafael-nadal-est-bientot-terminee_12-122166

never liked nadal, but this is truly bizzare and will be saddening it's it true.

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Mon Dieu!

Already posted in Nadal forum ;)

xelena
03-26-2008, 02:44 PM
i know, he's a great athlete and to end his career at 22y. is terrible ..
but then again , i doubt it's true..
Cause, if this guy is close to Nadal and his team, why is he revealing info like that? hmm?

sorry Antonious, i just read the article on Serb tennis and saw this one about Nadal.. :)

arm
03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Mon Dieu!

I hope it is not true. Tennis would lose and excellent tennis player and a nice guy (as far as I can see).

Top 3 wouldn't be funny anymore.

Anyway, he is 21, I dont really believe that

Spes
03-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Nice (and a bit unexpected) words from Federer there. :)

dijus
03-26-2008, 03:37 PM
a friend of mine translated it
:)

Zurich
Generous as always, the world's best tennis player Roger Federer has agreed to speak for "Vecernje Novosti" after giving interview to Austrian "Blik". After bad start of the season due to mononucleosis and big successes of Novak Djokovic, the unsurmountable leader of the ATP list is aware that he will have to invest maximum effort to defend his no.1 spot.
- I know that Novak wants my throne and for now he is on his best way, but I am still not for „old iron“. I’ll fight despite illness that is bothering me in my quest to stay at the throne as long as possible – Federer says exclusively for „Novosti“ – I am surprised just how much Djokovic has gotten serious on court. He is playing phenomenally; and that he is at the moment the best in the world, is indicated with big tournaments, where he en-route beat Nadal at Montreal and Indian Wells, an myself at Montreal and Melbourne –
Federer thinks that Serbian ace has considerable chances at being the next no.1 on ATP list.
- Djokovic has all the become my successor, but I also have ambitions to remain no. 1, and as many other tennis players who also wont my spot. In any case, I sincerely congratulate Novak on his successes, and am eagerly looking forward are next meeting so I could get my revenge (he said „revanš“, which is not revenge but something bit more of sporting meaning, don’t know exactly how to translate)
- I am also proud of „our“ Ana who is a Basel representative, as myself. I congratulate her on success at Indian Wells i and wish her to claim to no.1 WTA after Wimbledon where she belongs. My Mirka is a big fan of Ana, and she follows all of her matches with great interest – says Federer
- You know, we from Basel are big fans of all whose surnames end with „ic“. At the football club, there are always seven-eight players form your lands and they have brought us many titles. Personally, I’m a big fan of football and I like watching Serbians Ergic, Kuzmanovic and Perovic as Croats Petric and Smiljanic and others

:retard:

HNCS
03-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Mon Dieu!

Translation provided by Shopper at Rogerfederer.com

Here's a rough translation (à la Chloë, not Google):

Milan Sterba: 'Rafael Nadal's career is soon over'

Former international referee and friend of the Spaniard, the man from Lausanne, Milan Sterba, is worried

While Roger Federer is wavering on the world no.1 throne, his heir is also in bad shape. Even worse, according to Milan Sterba, the world no.2 will soon be forced to hang up his racquets, at the age of 22. The fault of a persistent injury on the left ankle (?), a healf-hearted attitude as well as some questionable choices. 'Rafa has been suffering for more than 2 years,' says the former Czech-turned Swiss, 'he has no way to cure it.'

A pessimist, Milan Sterba predicts that at the end of this year, Nadal's career will be finished.

The former referee had a friendly fell in with the Mallorcan when the latter was aged 15. It's of course natural that he became close to the Nadal clan. A sort of confidente. 'Rafa never recovered from his defeat at the Wimbledon final against Federer,' he says. 'Since, his tennis has dissolved. His parents are very worried.'

Injured, mentally fragile, equally Nadal would be too well-meaning to implement radical changes. 'Rafa is a victim of his family. He is scared to distress his close aides by separating himself from Tony (his uncle and coach). However that would be a good thing for him.' Therefore the hour of questioning would have sounded for the lefthander from Manacor, 'At 22, Rafa realizes that he is at a turning point in his life. He is a little bit confused,' concludes Milan Sterba.

[With the Rafa Nadal Foundation, the Spaniard hopes sport to be a method of integration for the more underprivileged. 'That can be the beginning of my future,' Nadal declared on his website. Milan Sterba will be lending a hand, since he is proposing to organise a wheelchair tournament in Manacor, Nadal's home village.]

prima donna
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
What complete and utter tabloid garbage.

tangerine_dream
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
What a bunch of bogus articles, both Roger's and Rafa's. They actually make the UK's Sun look legit. :lol:

gnaz
03-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Roger would never say this :o

bokehlicious
03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Roger would never say this :o

:eek: you seem to know him very well?? Are you Mirka? :confused: :bounce:

Branimir
03-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Bullshit, all articles.

Clay Death
03-26-2008, 04:31 PM
What complete and utter tabloid garbage.

exactly. total rubbish.

Sunset of Age
03-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Sincerely hoping - and thinking - that that Rafa article is indeed rubbish - what so-called 'friend' would reveal such rather personal AND sensitive information to the press? :(
If not... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Grunge
03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I post on WTAworld and the Serbian posters there know how to behave and they really contribute well to the forum. They also respect other posters and their opinions. The Serbian posters here are like :retard:. And I figured out why. Here they are mostly male posters and there they are largely female.

All of us? :p

Btw, it is more like around 50% of MTF posters are :retard: no matter where they are coming from. (or maybe they are ok people, but they want to make others think they are :retard:). I think main problem here is that there is too many kids young people, which are not ready to take part in some serious *fact driven* conversation. It is always easier to bash, spit...and what is sad is that some people enjoy in it. I really cannot believe that people are ready to fight about one sentence in unreliable newspapers over 10+ forum pages. To be honest, if I am moderator here, at least 50% of threads, posts and users wouldn't even exist on this forum. So, all of you guys should consider yourself very lucky I will never become moderator :devil:

Saturn
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
If he did in fact say those things, I respect him.

FedFan_2007
03-26-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm not buying this article at all. Federer would never refer to "his throne".

BalkanBoy
03-26-2008, 09:13 PM

Translation:

:haha: If he really said it word by word I don't think he realises how arrogant he is.