A note about Fed

FedFan_2007
03-25-2008, 08:19 PM
ATP Race:

1. Djoko 330, 4 events
2. Nadal 179, 5 events
3. TSonga, 170, 5 events
4. Federer, 135 , 3 events

Federer is in 2nd place if you go by points/event at 45, so let's not say it's all doom.

arm
03-25-2008, 08:25 PM
still it doesn't work like that does it?

that's no argument at all

FedFan_2007
03-25-2008, 08:34 PM
It's an argument that he's at least playing 2nd best this season. He's only played 3 events.

arm
03-25-2008, 08:55 PM
It's an argument that he's at least playing 2nd best this season. He's only played 3 events.

I am sorry but he is not playing "second best" as you said, otherwise he would be number 2 in ATP race. Which he isn't.

That's false and I'll tell you why:

If you only consider the 3 tournements he has played, thn nadal is still the second, because they both reached the semis of Australian Open and Indian Wells, but Nadal did better on Dubai.

So tell, who is teh second best? Still Federer?

Think about it.

Adler
03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
FedFan is a dedicated fedtard, but he has a point. Roger is not playing dramatically bad, he's still able to reach high rounds, and saying he's doomed is overreacting and exaggerating by a mile

arm
03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
FedFan is a dedicated fedtard, but he has a point. Roger is not playing dramatically bad, he's still able to reach high rounds, and saying he's doomed is overreacting and exaggerating by a mile

true, but he cant say that because of that federer he is "playing second best" this season.

what you're saying is true, but the way he said it, it is false.

Do you understand me?

The argument he is using is not valid.

bluefork
03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
I think it would make more sense to just take the top 3 results of the players, rather than to divide their total points by number of events entered.

So it would be more like
Djokovic - 327
Tsonga - 170
Nadal - 159
Federer - 135

So Federer would still be fourth.

At the same time, I agree that it's too early to declare Federer doomed. If after 6 or 7 events, he's not in the top 2, then it's time to worry.

arm
03-25-2008, 09:17 PM
I think it would make more sense to just take the top 3 results of the players, rather than to divide their total points by number of events entered.

So it would be more like
Djokovic - 327
Tsonga - 170
Nadal - 159
Federer - 135

So Federer would still be fourth.

At the same time, I agree that it's too early to declare Federer doomed. If after 6 or 7 events, he's not in the top 2, then it's time to worry.

:worship::worship:

someone saying something wise

I ttally agree that it is too early to say he is done.

But wht he said in this thread is totally senseless!

You're raking makes much better sense.

Thank you.

Caerula Sanguis
03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
You can't reward the players who play less events by saying that he lost less match. That being said, I don't think Federer is worry about the ranking at all at least not until the Third quarter of the year. He can beef up his points by playing optional tournaments if he choose to.