Eschauer def. Coria 2-6 6-1 7-5 in 1st round Barletta CH [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Eschauer def. Coria 2-6 6-1 7-5 in 1st round Barletta CH

dijus
03-25-2008, 02:38 PM
:sad:
probably too many DF's by Coria after 1st set. Anyway Guille fought, he was 4-5* down in final set, rebroke him, but got rebroken immediately :sad:

Kristen
03-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Is this Werner's first win in....what seems like forever? *Goes to ATP site* :)

EDIT: Yep, close enough. Since Chennai. He looks so ancient in his profile picture. Nicer in person IMO!

Mateya
03-25-2008, 02:41 PM
:sad:

Its hard to play without a serve. However its not all about serve...
This is kind of opponent Coria would school 6-3 6-1 couple of years ago.
Why cant he play like in his good old days, or at least near it? :sad:

Labamba
03-25-2008, 02:44 PM
things were looking up for Coria while leading 6-2 *1-0, but then the old double fault disease struck again :sad:

only 3 in the first set, then 7 in the second...nobody knows how many in the third

TMJordan
03-25-2008, 02:45 PM
It's all over for him.

guille&tati4life
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
It's all over for him.

I'm not gonna stop supporting him, but i'm inclined to agree. :awww:

lucho_coria
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I have not more faith in Guillermo , all is over for him , Good luck in your life Guille , you are very good person , you fight , fight but not more Guilee!!

Retire , is the best for you now!!!

jonny84
03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Shame for Coria. And on clay too........

gnaz
03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Retirement just around the corner for Coria :unsure::scared::sobbing:

*Ljubica*
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I can't deny I don't like Coria - but I still think this kind of result is sad. Like him, or hate him, he was a great player, and to be reduced to a ranking down in the 800's and first round losses in Challengers is kind of tragic I think :shrug: He must have accrued a fair amount of money in his good days, and he has a beautiful wife and supportive family, and I'm sure he isn't enjoying tennis life the way it's going for him now.......... so why doesn't he just move on, and get on with the rest of his life? If he is prone to stress and nervous problems anyway (which I guess is partly the issue with the continuous double-faults) these kind of results must hurt him dreadfully and mess with his head. There must be more to life for a young man that this surely :shrug:

Kitty de Sade
03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm not gonna stop supporting him, but i'm inclined to agree. :awww:

I agree with this sentiment. :yeah:

It's tough, but until he says he wants to stop, I will keep hoping for the best for him. :sad:

Fee
03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
What is this all about for him, if anybody really knows. Is it just a very bad case of the yips, or has he lost faith in his shoulder because of the surgery and the changes, etc? Does anyone have an educated theory what is going on with him, or perhaps interviews where he discusses it himself?

Snowwy
03-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Great match for Coria. He almost beat a player who won 4 challengers on clay last year.

This is a good step on his comeback trail.

Now please play next week :o

Sunset of Age
03-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Coria. :tape:

Anyway, thanks for the cash Werner... somehow I knew this would happen.

guille&tati4life
03-26-2008, 01:24 PM
What is this all about for him, if anybody really knows. Is it just a very bad case of the yips, or has he lost faith in his shoulder because of the surgery and the changes, etc? Does anyone have an educated theory what is going on with him, or perhaps interviews where he discusses it himself?

There is a huge amount of disagreement about this. I've always said that the shoulder injury did mess him up to a large extent. I mean, it can certainly be blamed more than the loss at Roland Garros. Coria had a very decent year and a half after the Gaudio loss and so to claim that it has been the decisive factor in what's happened to him seems wrong.
On the other hand I don't think the shoulder injury can be responsible for his complete slump in form, somewhere along the way he's lost all his confidence.

Great match for Coria. He almost beat a player who won 4 challengers on clay last year.

This is a good step on his comeback trail.

Now please play next week :o

I've got to disagree. On the face of it it may seem like a good match but Eschauer lost to Bob Bryan on clay this year, his results have been horrible.

Burrow
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
He's only just came back after ages for christ's sake. Give him a bit of time.

lorenz
03-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I will wait for him. What a pitty...
We all expect better results quickly, but it seems very improbable

prima donna
03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Unreal. You'd have to see it to believe it.