Miami QR1: Harel Levy def. Steve Darcis 6-1 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami QR1: Harel Levy def. Steve Darcis 6-1 6-2

Labamba
03-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Steve :confused: no fight today, only 47 minutes

too bad a player currently ranked 47 had to play qualifying here

Spes
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Didn't see that one coming. :eek:

Adler
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
More surprising than Fish advancing to a MS series final

EagleWatch
03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
well done harel, u can make the main draw.

jonny84
03-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Shame for Steve. Thought he could qualify here.

cobalt60
03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Harel :yeah:

Sunset of Age
03-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Never heard of this Harel guy... is he really good, or was Darcis THAT bad?

EagleWatch
03-24-2008, 03:41 PM

was ranked 30 at his best. once managed to win all his way from the quelies to the final in toronto, losing to safin in the final.
likes to serve&volley most of the time.
suffered from a serious injury in his prime, in his lower back, same as kuertan suffered from. real shame.

Sunset of Age
03-24-2008, 03:46 PM
was ranked 30 at his best. managed to win all his way from the quelies to the final in toronto, losing to safin in the final.
likes to serve&volley most of the time.
suffered from a serious injury at his prime, in his lower back, same as kuertan suffered from. real shame.

Thanks for the info! :yeah: Impressive, regarding the injuries - I hope he will manage to make a good run here.

TankingTheSet
03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Come on, Harel Levy is a mug, but if you follow tennis you have to know this guy. He even played for Israel last month in Davis Cup.

He can play OK at times, his results in Sunrise last week weren't that bad and it seems he's in good shape right now.

Sunset of Age
03-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Come on, Harel Levy is a mug, but if you follow tennis you have to know this guy. He even played for Israel last month in Davis Cup.

He can play OK at times, his results in Sunrise last week weren't that bad and it seems he's in good shape right now.

Well, at times I happen to miss someone, even if I do follow the game. :angel:

Rogiman
03-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Come on, Harel Levy is a mugYes.

He had a bright future back in 2000/1 when he nearly cracked the top 30, but went through a hip surgery shortly after, and from there there's no turning back (see: Guga, Magnus Norman).

He can't compete at the highest levels, but he has a nice backhand.

EagleWatch
03-24-2008, 03:58 PM

excuse me, but harel managed to cope with an injury which no one, but him, to comeback to his tennis career. real talented guy who bad luck and somewhat problematic character prevented him from having a successful career.

Rogiman
03-24-2008, 04:00 PM
excuse me, but harel managed to cope with an injury which no one, but him, to comeback to his tennis career. real talented guy who bad luck and somewhat problematic character prevented him from having a successful career.In his case I believe it's only physical. He's a little arrogant, but that's almost an advantage for a tennis player :tape:

cobalt60
03-24-2008, 04:03 PM
In his case I believe it's only physical. He's a little arrogant, but that's almost an advantage for a tennis player :tape:

How true is that:p But the more one loses you'd think the less arrogant one would become :tape:

EagleWatch
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
In his case I believe it's only physical. He's a little arrogant, but that's almost an advantage for a tennis player :tape:

arrogance is one of many negative "qualities" harel has.
as a said before, real shame for a real gifted player.

Xavidbz
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Steve :sad:

Ivanatis
03-24-2008, 04:27 PM
aw.

Steve is so average when it's not indoor or clay:o

Burrow
03-24-2008, 04:46 PM

He was pretty decent before in 2000 but he doesn't seem to be going anywhere these days, been out in the wilderness a long time.

Burrow
03-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes.

He had a bright future back in 2000/1 when he nearly cracked the top 30, but went through a hip surgery shortly after, and from there there's no turning back (see: Guga, Magnus Norman).

He can't compete at the highest levels, but he has a nice backhand.

This member cracks me up, he can recognize that injury can ruin anybody's career except Safin's. :worship:

cobalt60
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
arrogance is one of many negative "qualities" harel has.
as a said before, real shame for a real gifted player.

-sounds like you have history here; although I have to give Levy credit for continuing to play.

Fee
03-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Harel :yippee:

Wasn't expecting that win, but glad to see it.

EagleWatch
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
-sounds like you have history here; although I have to give Levy credit for continuing to play.

i'm a fan of harel, but facts are facts, no matter what the context is.
harel deserves all the credit, of course he do, but opposed what rogiman said, his character didn't helped him, to say the least, in his career.

Jelena
03-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Harel :yeah:

As it was stated before he had a serious injury that cost many other players the career, and though he never got again at the level he had he's still playing. :yeah: But to be honest I didn't expect he would win against Steve, not to talk about that scoreline.
Harel :yippee:

Wasn't expecting that win, but glad to see it.
I agree completely. :)

Rogiman
03-24-2008, 05:54 PM
This member cracks me up, he can recognize that injury can ruin anybody's career except Safin's. :worship:I've never ignored Safin's injuries, I only mocked some of his :retard: fangirls who kept talking about Safin as a possible threat to win anything and about him being unpredictable when in fact his matches are as easy to predict as a Man. U vs. Derby County game, and of course the "most talented" and "Safin at his best" talk is mock-worthy too.

Fee
03-24-2008, 05:59 PM
i'm a fan of harel, but facts are facts, no matter what the context is.
harel deserves all the credit, of course he do, but opposed what rogiman said, his character didn't helped him, to say the least, in his career.

Are you talking about his 'character' or his mouth? I've only known Harel for the last few years, and admittedly not very well since I only see him about twice a year, but he does not seem like a bad person. I can see where there could be arrogance and being self-centered (every tennis player has both to some degree), and I know that he has said things in the past to his federation and made some decisions that angered people, but are you really saying that he is a bad person?

EagleWatch
03-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Are you talking about his 'character' or his mouth? I've only known Harel for the last few years, and admittedly not very well since I only see him about twice a year, but he does not seem like a bad person. I can see where there could be arrogance and being self-centered (every tennis player has both to some degree), and I know that he has said things in the past to his federation and made some decisions that angered people, but are you really saying that he is a bad person?

i wasn't saying harel is a "bad person". i only mentioned that certain "qualities" didn't helped him in his course of his career, that's all. don't get me wrong.

zicofirol
03-24-2008, 06:25 PM
im gld he won, as for darcis, wtf...

CooCooCachoo
03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
This is just the way Steve is :shrug: He will have very bad losses throughout his career, but also good wins.

valexie03
03-24-2008, 06:56 PM

lst rd. results in Sunrise: Jan Hernych CZE vs. Harel Levy ISR | 7-5 3-6 6-0. How bad can it be :confused: Hernych didn't even make the QD in Miami ;) BTW is Levy playing doubles in Miami :wavey:

matanuriel
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
lst rd. results in Sunrise: Jan Hernych CZE vs. Harel Levy ISR | 7-5 3-6 6-0. How bad can it be :confused: Hernych didn't even make the QD in Miami ;) BTW is Levy playing doubles in Miami :wavey:

Before the 3rd set Harel knew that even if he will lose he will get into MD as LL, so he prefered to save his powers to get some valubale points (like getting past 1st round which he was close) than 3 points for qualify.

rocketassist
03-24-2008, 10:11 PM
I've never ignored Safin's injuries, I only mocked some of his :retard: fangirls who kept talking about Safin as a possible threat to win anything and about him being unpredictable when in fact his matches are as easy to predict as a Man. U vs. Derby County game, and of course the "most talented" and "Safin at his best" talk is mock-worthy too.

Yep, agreed. Safin 2000-02 and AO 05 was great, the Safin other than that isn't really that good.

dylan24
03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
good job levy. always good to see that fucker darcis lose. hope steve never wins a match again