---Miami Draw Discussion--- [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

---Miami Draw Discussion---

Stensland
03-24-2008, 03:03 PM
it's coming out in a couple of hours, right? what i'll focus on is

1) haas - he won't be seeded obviously so i'm hoping for the best (no fed, davydenko or djokovic in rd. 2 for example)

2) fed's draw as i still haven't quite made up my mind concerning his current form

3) canas, given his run last year it will be interesting to see who kicks him out early on... :p

the one guy who's (in my opinion) pretty much a seed for the semifinals is djokovic. no matter who he's gonna face, he probably won't even lose a set - just too hot atm.

can't wait! http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/party/1.gif

*edit: the draw is out: http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/403/mds.pdf

gusman890
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I am happy because it is in my time zone.

Is it really coming out today and not tuesday?

Stensland
03-24-2008, 03:05 PM
here http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/home/ it says monday afternoon.

alansk
03-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Time check: 11am in Miami

Labamba
03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
the draw will be here in about 4 hours

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 03:09 PM
here http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/home/ it says monday afternoon.

Monday afternoon in Miami is pretty much middle evening for us here in Europe :sad: So still a while to go yet I'm afraid.

Spes
03-24-2008, 03:09 PM
If it comes out at the same time as the women's draw, it will be out at 2:00PM EST, which is about 2 hours and 50 minutes from now.

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
I am happy because it is in my time zone.

Is it really coming out today and not tuesday?

Im happy its 6 hours and not 9 hourse difference like IW :sad:

Stensland
03-24-2008, 03:37 PM

yeah, so am i. i'm thinking about subscribing to masters tv this time because i have some time off during this week. i didn't want to watch tennis at 5 am last week but in miami the night session begins at 1 or 2 am which is not brilliant but alright.

*edit: @ fluffyyellowball

could you edit your signature please? i hate vertical scrolling. thanks.

Xavidbz
03-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Let's see if Uncle Toni comes up with his magic one more time. :D :p

mashamaniac
03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
WOW! I can't wait to see what will be rafa's draw?! hope he'll have a better and easier draw here other than in IW!!

Sunset of Age
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Either Raf or Rogi isn't going to be happy seeing Djoko in his side of the draw... :scared: - if they manage to make it to the semis to start with! That doesn't seem so obvious like it used to be anymore...

Mansave_75
03-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I think in some minutes the draw will be anounced! let's cross fingers for "our" Nadal!!!!

Ranger
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
When will the Main Draw start with first round? On IW-homepage there was a good schedule for all 2 weeks but on the homepage from Miami I don't see anything. Thanks for help.

davis
03-24-2008, 04:49 PM
When will the Main Draw start with first round? On IW-homepage there was a good schedule for all 2 weeks but on the homepage from Miami I don't see anything. Thanks for help.

1st round Wednesday & Thursday.
The Miami Website sucks in my opinion; for the tournament schedule, check the "tickets" section. It's fairly helpful.

Xristos
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
How long til the draw?

mashamaniac
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Any idea when exactly will it be out? in CET plz...

Chiseller
03-24-2008, 04:55 PM

Indeed + one good stream and I am fully satisfied. TVU crap is getting on my nerves.
By the way, the time difference will go up 1 hour as soon as the we get switched to summer time.

Labamba
Any idea when exactly will it be out? in CET plz...

around 8 pm CET

arm
today??
really?

I read it was wednesday? what time? GMT? is Miami time the same in New York?

Xristos
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
around 8 pm CET

How long to go?

arm
03-24-2008, 05:00 PM
miami's web site really sucks

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 05:02 PM
How long to go?

About 2 hours

arm
03-24-2008, 05:04 PM
can barely wait

gusman890
03-24-2008, 05:04 PM
if its coming @ 2pm, then an hour.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 05:05 PM
About 2 hours

draw is out in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Xristos
03-24-2008, 05:10 PM
draw is out in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Cheers.

Fed Express
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Nice. Can't wait to see it.

Greenday
03-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I think if fed gets a tough draw...meaning a formidable oponenet in the first couple of rounds, then he might withdraw...or he might try to defend his points(that is get to the fourth round) and get out of Miami....He better do tht...The guy looked like a ghost in the semifinal with Fish....He needs some rest...and be prepared for clay season....because there are lot of points to be defended in the clay season, and he needs to be at his best to even defend them....good thing is he atleast can gain some points in estoril and rome...even if he crashes out early in Montecarlo......

kiwi10is
03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
the draw will be made (!) 2:20 pm local time... plus it should take an hour or more until they put it online...

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
I think if fed gets a tough draw...meaning a formidable oponenet in the first couple of rounds, then he might withdraw...or he might try to defend his points(that is get to the fourth round) and get out of Miami....He better do tht...The guy looked like a ghost in the semifinal with Fish....He needs some rest...and be prepared for clay season....because there are lot of points to be defended in the clay season, and he needs to be at his best to even defend them....good thing is he atleast can gain some points in estoril and rome...even if he crashes out early in Montecarlo......

of course he is going to withdraw. i predicted that in my "strategic tank" thread.

he knows that as a top seed he will get a few hapless qualifiers or wild cards so he may decide to knock them off and call it a tournament. he is in no shape to take on surging "Asphalt King" (aka Djokovic).

remember that Fed is trying to build a case for being the greatest ever. it does not serve his purpose to be owned by too many players in his own era. Nadal has him 8-6 and he owns him on clay.

Asphalt King now clearly owns everyone under the sun--including the 7 time hard courts grand slam champion (Fed)-- on hard courts. Fed is simply not going to face him again except on his own terms whih are clay and grass and more importantly, when he is 100%. he should be ready and well enough to take his chances with him at the u.s. open obviously.

there is way too much at stake here. he cannot afford the let the world believe that there are others who own him in his own era. it is is much easier to say that Fish, who will never amount to anything anyway, had a good day. Fish is not exactly the one who is going to dethrone the king. it is Djokovic.

Stensland
03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
isn't there some live draw thing available like they had it back in melbourne?

Commander Data
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
of course he is going to withdraw. i predicted that in my "strategic tank" thread.

he knows that as a top seed he will get a few hapless qualifiers or wild cards so he may decide to knock them off and call it a tournament. he is in no shape to take on surging "Asphalt King" (aka Djokovic).

remember that Fed is trying to build a case for being the greatest ever. it does not serve his purpose to be owned by too many players in his own era. Nadal has him 8-6 and he owns him on clay.

Asphalt King now clearly owns everyone under the sun--including the 7 time hard courts grand slam champion (Fed)-- on hard courts. Fed is simply not going to face him again except on his own terms whih are clay and grass and more importantly, when he is 100%. he should be ready and well enough to take his chances with him at the u.s. open obviously.

there is way too much at stake here. he cannot afford the let the world believe that there are others who own him in his own era. it is is much easier to say that Fish, who will never amount to anything anyway, had a good day. Fish is not exactly the one who is going to dethrone the king. it is Djokovic.

If Fed wants to keep his aura he better stops playing until he is 100 % unfortuantely he seems not to care :mad:

BTW I don't don't think Novak is a given for the Semis. If he is tired he is beatable.

Roland9
03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
remember that Fed is trying to build a case for being the greatest ever.

I noticed you keep saying this...

Indeed, I remember he said something like that in an interview or two (actually, where and when?) but I don't think he cares about it too much, perhaps even not at all at this moment after all he accomplished so far (yes, even without RG). In fact I remember before IW he said he wasn't really concerned about losing the No. 1 spot, but he was concerned of getting back to playing and winning matches... He definitely wants to be the "best" though, and that is the correct line of thought in a sport like this anyway, I would even say it's probably unavodiable for most players.

The thing is, you can't be so sure about his mentality on this... Actually, no one can be sure about anyone's mentality or anything of course, but that's another story.

star
03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
the draw will be made (!) 2:20 pm local time... plus it should take an hour or more until they put it online...

2:20? and not 2:00?

Ok, I was watching the clock. :(

stebs
03-24-2008, 06:09 PM
If Fed wants to keep his aura he better stops playing until he is 100 % unfortuantely he seems not to care :mad:

At the end of the day the aura isn't going to win Federer GS titles. There are too many good players who won't be intimidated by what a guy has acheived in the past. What will win Federer the matches he seemed to win routinely just a few months ago but is struggling with right now is improved tennis. Whether it is repurcussions from the virus he had, plain old bad form or lack of motivation we are seeing Federer play for sure as poorly as he has since he turned on a switch in his head at TMC '03. However, it's not like he hasn't played bad and bounced back before. Look at him this time last year, losses to Canas x2 and Volandri had people declaring him gone and he has won 2 slams, 2 AMS events and a TMC since then.

It's obvious that the Federer that obliterated the worlds best week in week out is gone and will almost surely never come back consistently, in fact we barely even saw that in '07 except for the AO and the TMC but it didn't stop him winning slams and other events. He is an extraordinary tennis player and the expectations he set for himself were out of this world. 10 straight GS finals? I would be shocked to see anyone reach even half that figure in the next decade. He still has the strokes and if he finds 100% fitness and concentration he still has most of the movement that had Fedtards calling him ninja. He has big wins left in him and that is to do with his tennis not his 'aura'.

Outfielder
03-24-2008, 06:13 PM
The most dangerous unseeded players are Fish, Ancic, maybe Safin, and than Tipsy, Felisiano Lopez,...

Kohlschreiber could be surprise...

Ivo#1Fan
03-24-2008, 06:17 PM
The most dangerous unseeded players are Fish, Ancic, maybe Safin, and than Tipsy, Felisiano Lopez,...

Kohlschreiber could be surprise...

Safin?? I'm not too worried about him. I'd put him at one of the least dangerous. Most dangerous to his racquet maybe.

star
03-24-2008, 06:18 PM
At the end of the day the aura isn't going to win Federer GS titles. There are too many good players who won't be intimidated by what a guy has acheived in the past. What will win Federer the matches he seemed to win routinely just a few months ago but is struggling with right now is improved tennis. Whether it is repurcussions from the virus he had, plain old bad form or lack of motivation we are seeing Federer play for sure as poorly as he has since he turned on a switch in his head at TMC '03. However, it's not like he hasn't played bad and bounced back before. Look at him this time last year, losses to Canas x2 and Volandri had people declaring him gone and he has won 2 slams, 2 AMS events and a TMC since then.

It's obvious that the Federer that obliterated the worlds best week in week out is gone and will almost surely never come back consistently, in fact we barely even saw that in '07 except for the AO and the TMC but it didn't stop him winning slams and other events. He is an extraordinary tennis player and the expectations he set for himself were out of this world. 10 straight GS finals? I would be shocked to see anyone reach even half that figure in the next decade. He still has the strokes and if he finds 100% fitness and concentration he still has most of the movement that had Fedtards calling him ninja. He has big wins left in him and that is to do with his tennis not his 'aura'.

Aura gives him important points that sometimes translates into entire matches against lesser players, and that's all but a few. So many players are defeated before the match begins. There are a few who aren't overcome by it and fight well. It's been sort of depressing to watch. It's great now that there are players who aren't intimidated. (btw, I've seen this happen with many number one players over the years. I'm not just Fed-hating.)

But, I do agree that Federer is far from done. Remember Sampras? Long after his days of winning regular tournaments routinely was over, he could win slams. I predict Federer will be a force at slams even if he isn't one week to week on the tour, and that will go on for several years after his week to week domination has ended. He is going to have good wins for several more years. But, one day it will all be over for him as well. A new annoying person will take his place. :p :p

CrossCourt13
03-24-2008, 06:18 PM
How fast are the courts here, faster than the ones in IW?

Hopefully its gonna be a good draw for Ancic and Cilic. It would be nice to catch a good seeded player who is out of form in the 2nd round- Fena, Youzhny, Robredo come to mind.

Ivo#1Fan
03-24-2008, 06:19 PM

Hopefully its gonna be a good draw for Ancic and Cilic. It would be nice to catch a good seeded player who is out of form in the 2nd round- Fena, Youzhny, Robredo come to mind.

I'd put my money on Ancic to go far with almost any draw.

star
03-24-2008, 06:23 PM

Rated as a slow hard court. It might be a bit faster surface than IW, but at IW the balls fly and bounce higher because of the arid conditions. Miami is humid and at sea level, so the balls are heavier.

btw, there have been endless discussions about this during IW. :)

Deathless Mortal
03-24-2008, 06:26 PM

He had a good draw in IW but didn't go far :shrug:

CrossCourt13
03-24-2008, 06:27 PM

There are couple of guys I don't think he can beat right now like Nole or Nalbi. Federer and Nadal are in that category as well but I wouldn't say he's chanceless there :devil:.
Wouldn't also like to see Ferrer, Karlo and Ljubo in the second round as they had the mental edge over him in the last couple of matches they played.

stebs
03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Aura gives him important points that sometimes translates into entire matches against lesser players, and that's all but a few. So many players are defeated before the match begins. There are a few who aren't overcome by it and fight well. It's been sort of depressing to watch. It's great now that there are players who aren't intimidated. (btw, I've seen this happen with many number one players over the years. I'm not just Fed-hating.)

No doubt it has won him matches that other players would have lost but if Federer is playing bad he isn't going to be winning big titles anyway and I think the player that Federer has become is unlikely to be concerned with the difference between 4th rounds and quarter finals at big events. He wants to win more big events and for that to happen he needs to play well.

But, I do agree that Federer is far from done. Remember Sampras? Long after his days of winning regular tournaments routinely was over, he could win slams.
I'm not making any prediction about whether Federer will win more slams. Each case is different and there's no point reffering back in history. Many players have stopped winning slams suddenly and some, like Sampras, have continued to win them.

I predict Federer will be a force at slams even if he isn't one week to week on the tour, and that will go on for several years after his week to week domination has ended. He is going to have good wins for several more years. But, one day it will all be over for him as well. A new annoying person will take his place. :p :p
This is certainly a possibility that can't be ruled out. Federer will always have big match skills that dwarf those of regular players even if he becomes nothing more than a solid top 10 player in the next few years. I mean, domination is hard to define. If we define it as what Federer has done then he is the only one ever to have done it. However, if we are saying Sampras was dominant then right now Djokovic and Nadal are both dominant in tennis; they each have a slam, an RU, multiple AMS events, far more than Sampras had on his resume much of the time.

I am being realistic here, Federer is not done, that is knee-jerk rubbish. You don't go from crushing several of your closest competitors (TMC '07) to being a non-factor in just a few months unless you have lost motivation and I really don't believe that Feds has stopped caring. However, there is no point denying that he has been declining for a long time and frankly I think it was a ridiculous acheivement to win 3 slams in '07, a year which, by his previous standards ('04, '05, '06), he did NOT dominate. The only questions are how fast will his decline continue to be? Is he 100% now and if not will he be soon? Will he be good enough to win more slams?

All of these cannot be answered with mindless theorising, only time will tell.

Ivo#1Fan
03-24-2008, 06:31 PM
There are couple of guys I don't think he can beat right now like Nole or Nalbi. Federer and Nadal are in that category as well but I wouldn't say he's chanceless there :devil:.
Wouldn't also like to see Ferrer, Karlo and Ljubo in the second round as they had the mental edge over him in the last couple of matches they played.

I think he'd take Ljubo and Nadal (unless this is REALLY slow court), 50/50 with Karlo, yeah Ferrer, Federer,Nole and Nalbi would be BAD draws.

star
03-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Well, Mr. I'll just stop jerking my knee around you, then. :p.

CrossCourt13
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Rated as a slow hard court. It might be a bit faster surface than IW, but at IW the balls fly and bounce higher because of the arid conditions. Miami is humid and at sea level, so the balls are heavier.

btw, there have been endless discussions about this during IW. :)

Thanks.

Well its certainly good that the bounce will be lower but I don't quite understand the influence of the balls being heavy.
Does it mean they fly slow through the air or..?

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 06:36 PM

BTW I don't don't think Novak is a given for the Semis. If he is tired he is beatable.

Fed will avoid Djokovic here under all costs. you heard it from me first.

Or Levy
03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
The only thing that worried me about Roger is not his motivation, or skills, or sudden decline - it is his health.

My worse fear is that the lingering affects of the mono, not percieved in the normal person, will take those 2%, 3%, 4% out of him required to keep his satima up for very long, even if he is his own dominating self in the early rounds.

Take away Roger's movement, and ability to get there faster than most - and you get the Fed who nets easy balls into the net and shank foreheads all over the place.

I think he's healthy right now, but I do think he's far from a 100%, I'm worried he'll never be a 100% again.

arm
03-24-2008, 06:44 PM
so when teh hell is it going out? shouldnt it had already been released?

Filipo
03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
it's stated for 2.20 pm local, which was 25 minutes ago. so be patient ;)

ryan23
03-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Yes not long now :)

CrossCourt13
03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken it took them around 45min-1 hour to publish it in Indian Wells last week so shouldn't be long now.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:00 PM
The only thing that worried me about Roger is not his motivation, or skills, or sudden decline - it is his health.

My worse fear is that the lingering affects of the mono, not percieved in the normal person, will take those 2%, 3%, 4% out of him required to keep his satima up for very long, even if he is his own dominating self in the early rounds.

Take away Roger's movement, and ability to get there faster than most - and you get the Fed who nets easy balls into the net and shank foreheads all over the place.

I think he's healthy right now, but I do think he's far from a 100%, I'm worried he'll never be a 100% again.

this is precisely why he tanked that match against Fish. he is not well and felt no need to get decimated by Djokovic. the news around the world is already about Djokovic being the best player in the world he simply cannot afford to give any more advantages--physical and psycological. i would have done the same thing had i been in his shoes.

now the smartest thing he can do is check out of this tournament. he does not want to make it look too obvious that he is avoiding Djokovic. the lead is safe and Djokovic cannot gain on him here. it is best to get the hell out of here and go get well. and then hit the clay circuit running. Nadal`s game is in shambles and he has a comfortable lead over Nadal again and it too is safe.

Commander Data
03-24-2008, 07:01 PM

When I think about it I pretty much agree with you. if Fed plays at a 100 % he can win any match no matter what aura he has. On the other hand, if he is not 100 % others will take advantage of that no matter of his aura. You are right...

But I still think, it would be better for him to rest until he is 100 %, not only cause of his health but also cause of psychological reasons.

star
03-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks.

Well its certainly good that the bounce will be lower but I don't quite understand the influence of the balls being heavy.
Does it mean they fly slow through the air or..?

Bounce won't be much lower if any. :)

The air is heavier with the humidity plus the balls collect some dampness so this means a heavier ball -- slower. :)

These are things that are only degrees.

Stensland
03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
@ clay death

i think you're reading too much into this djokovic-thing from fed's point of view. heck, that guy won 12 slams and you think he's really intimidated by some guy who beat him a couple of times? no disrespect to djokovic, but i think roger can handle pressure for sure - he doesn't need to tank "strategically" just to avoid a humiliation. sure djokovic is on fed's map, but implicitly bowing to him? no way.

Shox
03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
How far will Canas fall in the rankings?

i think Ljubicic will make it to atleast a QF here, he seems to like it in Miami and has had a lot of success there. last week at IW he showed he can still go shot for shot with anyone with his backhand and the serve will always be there. if he can stay clear of Federer QF, he will be there.

Commander Data
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
this is precisely why he tanked that match against Fish. he is not well and felt no need to get decimated by Djokovic. the news around the world is already about Djokovic being the best player in the world he simply cannot afford to give any more advantages--physical and psycological. i would have done the same thing had i been in his shoes.

now the smartest thing he can do is check out of this tournament. he does not want to make it look too obvious that he is avoiding Djokovic. the lead is safe and Djokovic cannot gain on him here. it is best to get the hell out of here and go get well. and then hit the clay circuit running. Nadal`s game is in shambles and he has a comfortable lead over Nadal again and it too is safe.

maybe that would be smart a decision but i think Rogers will to win is too big to think this way.
I seriously don't think he avoids Novak. I think Rog still thinks of himself as the best. I hope he is realistic enough though, to see that he is not the best at the moment and that he needs to do what ever needed to start playing better if he wants to win some major titles this year.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Bounce won't be much lower if any. :)

The air is heavier with the humidity plus the balls collect some dampness so this means a heavier ball -- slower. :)

These are things that are only degrees.

its 71 degrees there now but the humidity is 81%. we have a cold front coming through so expect significantly higher temperatures.

heavier ball will not translate into a higher bounce here Star. the conditions may favor guys like Roddick and Djokovic or some of the other big hitters and servers.

we can leave Fed and Nadal out. I expect Fed to check out out of here as he is not 100% and Nadal`s is in a massive slump. i hope he gets the hell out of here fast and go find clay court. enough screwing around on hard courts already.

BlueSwan
03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Clay Death - how exactly is the lead safe. Federer is already around 1000 points behind Djokovic for the year and will end up 1500 points behind if he withdraws here while Djokovic takes the title. Cutting a gap of 1500 points on a player as consistent as Djokovic will be exceedingly hard.

gambit84
03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
no doubts. David will win easily

star
03-24-2008, 07:13 PM
maybe that would be smart a decision but i think Rogers will to win is too big to think this way.
I seriously don't think he avoids Novak. I think Rog still thinks of himself as the best. I hope he is realistic enough though, to see that he is not the best at the moment and that he needs to do what ever needed to start playing better if he wants to win some major titles this year.

I agree that Federer isn't running from Djokovic. It's not just ego either, imo. Federer got to where he is by being extremely competitive and confident. Most of these guys in the top fifty want to play against the best competition they can get. Certainy, the guys in the top 10 do. They relish it. For Roger, there are only a very few people in the entire world who can push him in a match. When you are a competitor, you want that challenge. It's not something you avoid.

iriraz
03-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know if the final this year will continue to be best of 5 sets?

JediFed
this is precisely why he tanked that match against Fish. he is not well and felt no need to get decimated by Djokovic.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, whatever dude.

Wouldn't it be best to beat Djokovic and cut him from his points? :confused:

star
heavier ball will not translate into a higher bounce here Star. the conditions may favor guys like Roddick and Djokovic or some of the other big hitters and servers.

I did not say it would be a higher bounce. I said it wouldn't be much lower. Mami is not a tournament that favors servers over baseline players, imo.

iriraz
03-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Draw is out.Federer will play either Monfils or Isner in second round.Interesting match

Deathless Mortal
03-24-2008, 07:18 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/403/mds.pdf

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
I did not say it would be a higher bounce. I said it wouldn't be much lower. Mami is not a tournament that favors servers over baseline players, imo.

you could be right now that i think about it. while the heavy ball has the tendency to say low on hard courts with humid contitions, it does not mean that it will speed away.

my mistake.

NinaNina19
03-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Murray has the nicest draw he could have.

rofe
03-24-2008, 07:22 PM
For the old Federer, this would be a great draw. For the new Federer, who knows?

mangoes
03-24-2008, 07:24 PM
For the old Federer, this would be a great draw. For the new Federer, who knows?

My thoughts exactly.........

Tzar
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Nalby draw :drool:

Lalo is a seeded :drool:

Clement :o vs. Fish!

Robredo Vs. Lee R2 :smash:

I see federer losing to Soderling or Isner :shrug:

dejosav
Does anyone know if the final this year will continue to be best of 5 sets?

I think it's best of 3 from this year

Tzar

theres someone called Mario ancic :)

Outfielder
03-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Fair draw.

edited: Djokovic is already in the semi.

Adler
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Djokovic on Nadal's side once again, we may also see rematch with Canas
Tricky draw for Federer, but I smell no surprise here
Fish has got a good draw :haha:
And Nadal too, no one can knock him out before QF I think
Murray's got a kind one, let's see if he'll choke or not

Llodra may have good result

Deathless Mortal
Ivo-Tsonga 3rd round :eek: Should be interesting. Ancic-Murray second round :( Ancic was defeated by him not such a long time ago, probably will happen again. Marin will probably lose to Mathieu in 2nd round too. Now the good thing. Ivan has a good draw, Santoro could be tough but Ivan should win, Blake is one of the best 3rd round opponents Ivan could've got, although Seppi might beat him in 2nd round, then in 4th round Nalbandian who is playing really well but is Ljubo's pigeon :devil:

zcess81
Not a bad draw for Novak...once again he's in the same half as Nadal! What were the odds of that happening? Federer's draw is a cakewalk.

NinaNina19
theres someone called Mario ancic :)I know, I just saw that :unsure:. I was just looking at the seeds.

BlueSwan
03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
First round against Monfils/Isner is slightly uncomfortable but shouldn't be THAT big of a problem. From then on it's looks OK. Infact all of the top 3 seems to have gotten decent draws - especially Djokovic. Can't really see him being bothered until the semifinals. Nadal avoids roasters until the quarters where he might face Fat Dave or Flake. Federer hasn't gotten any piece of cake opponents, but he avoids the likes of Djokovic and Fat Dave in his half. He can only meet cheese-cutters like Murray and Fish (?) in the semi. Tsonga in the quarters might prove tough, but maybe Roddick takes out Tsonga before that.

Tzar
03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Not a bad draw for Novak...once again he's in the same half as Nadal! What were the odds of that happening? Federer's draw is a cakewalk.

50-50

Jaap
03-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Djoko should clinch it.

zcess81
03-24-2008, 07:32 PM
50-50

He sure seems to be meeting with Nadal quite often for 50-50...more like 80-20.

KitinovRules
Again Futures draw for the Faker.

Jaap
Nalby draw :drool:

:

Blake should knock him out.

Horatio Caine
03-24-2008, 07:33 PM

Yeah he has a good shot at defending all his SF points, but given his current state, it is by no means impossible that he messes up somewhere along the line. I mean, Ancic, Simon, Davydenko, Kohlschreiber and Ferrer are all quality players, as we very well know...Muzza will need to be playing close to his best to avoid losing to any of those.

Draw has been most kind to Rafa imo. Hard to see him losing before QF stages, and even then I think Blake and Nalbandian are no more than marginal faves to beat him...and it isn't as if either is guaranteed to even progress that far.

shawshank
03-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Ofcourse Djoko is on Rafa's side. Obvious, as always Fed has easier draw :/

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/403/mds.pdf

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah he has a good shot at defending all his SF points, but given his current state, it is by no means impossible that he messes up somewhere along the line. I mean, Ancic, Simon, Davydenko, Kohlschreiber and Ferrer are all quality players, as we very well know...Muzza will need to be playing close to his best to avoid losing to any of those.

of the top players, Djokovic seems to have the best deal in this draw early on.

Adler
Shall we?

Federer - Tsonga
Murray - Youzhny
Djokovic - Ferrero
Nadal - Blake

:wavey:

Mansave_75
Nadal and Djokovic also together, damn!!!!

Rogieva
Did you not see the big thread under you labeled "Miami Discussion Thread" :retard:

Roland9
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Federer - I think this is tougher than IW, especially considering Fed's form. Possible Isner/Monfils, Wawrinka, Hewitt/Robredo, Tsonga/Roddick/Karlovic, respectively. SF will be tough as well, Andy Murray/Davydenko/Ferrer/Youzhny/Ancic.

Nadal - Easier than IW, not so easy still, again considering his recent form. Possible Nieminen/Haas, Mathieu/Moya, Nalbandian/Blake, respectively.

Djokovic - Easy. Possible Canas, later Berdych/Ferrero/Gasquet.

Djokovic and Nadal may meet in SF again. But I don't think they will.

I don't see Federer going too deep, unless he picks himself up, that is.

KitinovRules
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Nadal will lose to Haas.
Faker again Futures draw full of qualifiers and Michael Berrer :)

Horatio Caine
03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
of the top players, Djokovic seems to have the best deal in this draw early on.

I think it is hard to point to more than a handful of players who have a realistic chance of beating Djoko now (certainly off clay and grass). :lol:

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:38 PM

right now i will be just happy to see Nadal defend his points here and then go find a clay court fast.

Commander Data
03-24-2008, 07:38 PM
If Fed doesn't make the finals with this draw his slump is official

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 07:39 PM

I don't want to suggest the draw is rigged, but they do seem to be in the same half more often than not, at least in the really big events (e.g. IW 2008, FO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, USO 2007), with the notable exception being AO 2008.

Stensland
03-24-2008, 07:40 PM
if the indian wells haas shows up he might have a chance vs. nadal. he's gotta take it to him, no doubt, but he knows he's got what it takes to make him run like a rabbit. if the insecure and quick-tempered haas shows up, even kiwi could take him out in round 1.

jcadam2003
03-24-2008, 07:41 PM
oh man, federer is so lucky! he avoids djoko in his half of the draw again!!

Why does he end up on rafa's side all the time! With the exception of australia, it seams like every big tournament rafa gets the short end of the stick having novak on his side of the draw!

Yappa
03-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Haas-Kiefer. :eek:

Wow, this sucks big time for several reasons.

1) If Kiefer defeats Haas, Haas might really decide not to play in Bremen, who knows. OTOH, Kiefer could need a good showing, to make sure that he's nominated, in case Waske can't play.
2) I like both, so it's a pity, that one will have to lose in the first round.
3) I won't be able to watch that match.

Clara Bow
03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Draw has been most kind to Rafa imo. Hard to see him losing before QF stages, and even then I think Blake and Nalbandian are no more than marginal faves to beat him...and it isn't as if either is guaranteed to even progress that far.

I will have to disagree with you here. Rafa's draw if pretty fair I think. Moya gives him trouble on hard courts at times and if Tommy is feeling better and is playing the same way he did in Miami that isn't easy.

I don't think there is any way Nole will be out before the quarters...heck semis , wherease I could see Rafa be taken out by Carlos or Tommy before he gets to the quarters. I do not expect another Nole/Rafa semi. At this juncture, I think it could be Nole/James.

Feds has some potential land mines there. I hope he picks up his from from the Fish match. I would like to see a Feds/Jo match- could be fun.

It would be neat to see how the Murray/Ferrer/Youzhny/Ancic side ends up. Ferru has traditionally done well in Miami- but he seems to be fading. Who knows what Murray will show up- same with Youzhny.

Stensland
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
2) I like both, so it's a pity, that one will have to lose in the first round.

same here, but given the volatility of their performances i'm pretty happy we'll at least see one of them making round 2.

arm
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Clearly djokpovic has the easiest draw of the # (nadal, federer and djokovic).

Howevere, federer may consider himself very luck for not having to meet djokovic in semi-finals. So from federer and djokovic, I dont know who is the luckiest.

Yappa
03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
same here, but given the volatility of their performances i'm pretty happy we'll at least see one of them making round 2.

The best we can hope for, is a very tight match with a 3rd set TB. I don't want to "see" (well, score board) a thrashing from either one.

Adler
03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
The best we can hope for, is a very tight match with a 3rd set TB. I don't want to "see" (well, score board) a thrashing from either one.
Isn't it better to wish any of them an easy victory so that he'll preserve more fuel for The Nadal Show?

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't want to suggest the draw is rigged, but they do seem to be in the same half more often than not, at least in the really big events (e.g. IW 2008, FO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, USO 2007), with the notable exception being AO 2008.

seems that way anyway. it happened even in Rome in 2007. IF they end up on the same side again at Roland Garros and at Wimbledon, i will say it is rigged.

Manon
03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Nadal/Djokovic side is easier I thing. Fed has a job, good job.

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 07:55 PM
oh man, federer is so lucky! he avoids djoko in his half of the draw again!!

Why does he end up on rafa's side all the time! With the exception of australia, it seams like every big tournament rafa gets the short end of the stick having novak on his side of the draw!

Actually, I just checked the tournaments from the past year or so, and it turns out that Djokovic was in Roger's half of the draw in AO 2007, IW 2007, Monte Carlo 2007, Hamburg 2007, Cincinnati 2007, Paris 2007, and AO 2008. He was in Nadal's half in Miami 2007, Rome 2007, FO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, Montreal 2007, USO 2007, Madrid 2007, IW 2008, and now Miami 2008. So, it seems evenly matched in terms of numbers but definitely for the most important events Djokovic fell into Nadal's half.

Outfielder
03-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Rafa have tough draw again.
R3: Tommy; difficult
R4: Moya/Mathieu; the easiest round for Rafa
QF: Fat Dave (Blake); 50/50
SF: Djokovic. Clay season begin.

TMJordan
03-24-2008, 07:57 PM

He is not winning his QF match.

If Haas plays with a brain he will beat Nadal.

jonny84
03-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Quite a good draw for Fish. Possible for him to take out Youzhny and Ferrer possibly.

Murray could face Davydenko again.

Tursunov vs Gasquet again in second round.

Could have a Novak vs Canas rematch in 4th round!

Potential for Haas vs Nadal too

Overall looks like some great matches!

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 08:00 PM
seems that way anyway. it happened even in Rome in 2007. IF they end up on the same side again at Roland Garros and at Wimbledon, i will say it is rigged.

Don't the people at Wimbledon reserve the right to "hand-select" players to certain parts of the draw (other than the No. 1 and No. 2 being on opposite ends), partially ignoring the ATP rankings? If so, I have NO doubt that Novak will be "hand-selected" into Rafa's half in Wimby 2008.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Don't the people at Wimbledon reserve the right to "hand-select" players to certain parts of the draw (other than the No. 1 and No. 2 being on opposite ends), partially ignoring the ATP rankings? If so, I have NO doubt that Novak will be "hand-selected" into Rafa's half in Wimby 2008.

excellent point. that will be the case there. we can all make book on it.

canas
03-24-2008, 08:01 PM
I wish Nalbi vs Rafa in QF :cool:

tennizen
03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Not a bad draw for Nadal
R3: Niemenen/Haas: He has beaten both before
R4: matheiu/Moya : Again the same thing
QF: Nalby/Blake: Nalbandian is not exactly in blistering form and Blake getting to second straight OF is not too sure( And if he does, Nadal has just beaten him so he will be confident)
SF: Djokovic (He played as badly as he could against Djokovic. He can only play better and might actually win this time:cool:;)

peterparker
03-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Is monfils fully healthy? it will be an interesting check of the fed. fitness to see him matched up against an athletic grinder with a big serve. Hope monfils gets through,

Parker

daddy
03-24-2008, 08:05 PM

First he has to pass Mario Ancic, who's the last player you want to play in first/second round!

Chiseller
03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I see Wawrinka kicking Federer out. That will give some nice headlines.

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 08:06 PM

Wimbledon's seedings are done on grass court results over the previous years, and therefore differ slightly from the "normal" seedings everywhere else. They are not exactly hand-selected though - there is a formula which they have to adhere to, which I believe has been explained here once before in one of the old Wimbledon threads. I don't know it well enough to explain it now, but it isn't completely random!!!

juninhOH
03-24-2008, 08:07 PM
haha noone noticed

but GUGA will face Sebastian Grosjean :D

Guy Haines
03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
He is not winning his QF match.

If Haas plays with a brain he will beat Nadal.

I don't know where people get the idea that Tommy has it good against Nadal, even if he played well for the first time in a while last week.

Rafa has beaten and overpowered Tommy in straights both times they played. Both matches were on hard courts. Both were at a time when Tommy's ranking was much higher.

Who knows, maybe Tommy could do to Rafa what Rafa did to Blake. But it would take a real change in game plan.

More than the percentages, it's the timing of when Nole falls into Rafa's part of the draw that generally works well for Roger. God, I'd love to see a Roger-Tsonga quarter. But the chance of it isn't very high.

Roger's quarter is W-E-A-K when you consider that most players there are familiar mugs for him. The only way he's in trouble is if Soderling plays lights-out tennis or Wawrinka builds on IW to get over his Swiss inferiority complex. Or if Roger doesn't show up.

Nole has a relatively easy draw again, in comparison to Nadal and Federer. Part of that is the draw, and part of it is that he's the most solid player now.

Rafa vs. Nalbandian in a hard court quarterfinal is not the kind of match Rafa wants going into clay season. He'd be better off playing Blake again, even if he loses.

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Possible Isner/Federer encounter anyone?

Chiseller
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM

You are probably the most naïve person I've seen on here. It looks like you second every statement that Aloimeh makes.

Aloimeh: Did you know, the earth is flat.
ClayDeath: I was never in doubt.

:haha:

Stensland
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
@ fluffyyellowball

could you edit your signature please? everytime you post in threads people have to cope with vertical scrolling because it's just too long to fit in the frame.

Manon
03-24-2008, 08:20 PM

That is not tough for mighty Nadal on clay. On the contrary.

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 08:22 PM
@ fluffyyellowball

could you edit your signature please? everytime you post in threads people have to cope with vertical scrolling because it's just too long to fit in the frame.

okaaay didnt know that

Stensland
03-24-2008, 08:27 PM
thanks. :)

Yappa
03-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Isn't it better to wish any of them an easy victory so that he'll preserve more fuel for The Nadal Show?

Not for me, since I am thinking about my DC tickets. :D

gnaz
03-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Looks like the ATP want nole to be the new #1 by wimbledon, they keep giving him cupcake draws......

gnaz
03-24-2008, 08:31 PM

i smell upset:sad::sad::sad:

arm
03-24-2008, 08:32 PM

looking forwards to it...

Let's see if isner learnt his lesson last year at USO..

He could beat federer, in fact he could.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 08:35 PM
You are probably the most naïve person I've seen on here. It looks like you second every statement that Aloimeh makes.

Aloimeh: Did you know, the earth is flat.
ClayDeath: I was never in doubt.

:haha:

moron. with thousands of people posting here, its not unusual to find some who may think alike. i happen to value his analysis and thought.

the guy is intelligent. if you dont have to guts to tell him that then i will do it for you.

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
i smell upset:sad::sad::sad:

Possible...If federer had done well in IW id root for Isner but its really no time to lose for federer eventhough im a huge Isner fan..:(

Deathless Mortal
03-24-2008, 08:37 PM
No way Isner beats Roger.

arm
03-24-2008, 08:41 PM

the guy has a huge serve...

And he won a set when he played federer in USO, and by that time federer was playing what we consider normal for him..

So I guess there's a slight chance..

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 08:44 PM

With the way he was returning against Fish, hes in for a flushing, unfortunately. And fish served at 36%

DDrago2
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
If Fed doesn't make the finals with this draw his slump is official

The "slump" already is official, only it's not a slump but health-problems and drop in from following from them. So there is a chance he will go out in the first round, which we can't be sure he will play at all

Djokovic again avoids explosive players ala Rodick, Ancic, Blake etc. that show to be the most dangerous for him, so his draw is again the best among the favourites. Roddick has the worst draw, others quite good. It's a balanced draw all together

stebs
03-24-2008, 08:50 PM

:lol: What do you mean 'excellent point'? That is total rubbish.

Wimbledon seeds are decided as follows:

Top 32 players on the ATP entry system position (ESP) but rearranged on a surface-based system
Take ATP entry system points
Add 100% points earned for all grass tournaments in the last 12 months
Add 75% points earned for best grass tournament in the 12 months before that

It is mathematical, simple and leaves no possiblity for 'hand-selected' draws.

stebs
03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Draw is about fair I think. No section overloaded with good players.

Probably will see Djokovic and Federer in the semi's. Nadal may well join them. The other quarter is a bit more questionable but I would say Murray is just about favourite.

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 08:59 PM

Top 32 players on the ATP entry system position (ESP) but rearranged on a surface-based system

Thanks for posting that. I just couldn't remember the formula to save my life - I just knew there was one :)

Corey Feldman
03-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Federer losing to Roddick in QFS here, you heard it here first (unless anyone else posted it)

Viken01
03-24-2008, 09:17 PM

No way Isner beats Monfils.

Commander Data
03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Looks like the ATP want nole to be the new #1 by wimbledon, they keep giving him cupcake draws......

Thats paranoic. The ATP certainly does not mess with the draws. Humans tends to see patterns in random things, your brain is programmed that way ;)

People who think Nole Fed etc get easy draws: It is not easy to get on top of the Rankings, they deserve easy draws. They earned it!

Adler
03-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Federer losing to Roddick in QFS here, you heard it here first (unless anyone else posted it)
Roddick also plays rubbish :shrug:, unless his performance against Haas was a bad slip, but that can be also said about Federer

Ranko
03-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Possible early surprises:

Nadal vs. Haas
Gasquet vs. Lopez
Wawrinka vs. Soderling
Murray vs. Ancic
Verdasco vs. Tipsarevic

star
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I will have to disagree with you here. Rafa's draw if pretty fair I think. Moya gives him trouble on hard courts at times and if Tommy is feeling better and is playing the same way he did in Miami that isn't easy.

I don't think there is any way Nole will be out before the quarters...heck semis , wherease I could see Rafa be taken out by Carlos or Tommy before he gets to the quarters. I do not expect another Nole/Rafa semi. At this juncture, I think it could be Nole/James.

Feds has some potential land mines there. I hope he picks up his from from the Fish match. I would like to see a Feds/Jo match- could be fun.

It would be neat to see how the Murray/Ferrer/Youzhny/Ancic side ends up. Ferru has traditionally done well in Miami- but he seems to be fading. Who knows what Murray will show up- same with Youzhny.

If the Spaniards are Rafa's friends, they should just give him walkovers. :p

Totally not serious here before I go getting bad reps. :) :)

Corey Feldman
03-24-2008, 09:51 PM
If the Spaniards are Rafa's friends, they should just give him walkovers. :pFinger over the mouse and clicking on star's rep - red dot .........

Totally not serious here before I go getting bad reps. :) :) ..... Finger away.

l_mac
No way Isner beats Monfils.

:spit:

Gael Monfils?

star
I see Wawrinka kicking Federer out. That will give some nice headlines.

In a parallel universe, yes.

In this one? Not unless Roger has mono and food poisoning and double pneumonia. :)

l_mac
03-24-2008, 09:52 PM

Totally not serious here before I go getting bad reps. :) :)

I was just about to good rep you with my agreement - they should let him win! :(

star
Finger over the mouse and clicking on star's rep - red dot .........

..... Finger away.

Whew!

Close one.

:lol:

Clara Bow

His fellow Spaniards give up all of thier good will to him during clay season. They like to beat up on him a bit on North American hard courts (JCF, Moya, Ferrer). :boxing:

I am looking forward to the potential Monaco/Murray third round match if it should come to pass, even if just for the vocalized angst from the two fellows. I think that whole quarter could be the most fun.

TMJordan
03-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Monfils will beat Isner.

I hope Nadal makes it to the match against Nalbandian :)

Clara Bow
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
I was just about to good rep you with my agreement - they should let him win!

:lol: Yes, friends don't let friends have slumps- so they should do their part.

Albop
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
moron. with thousands of people posting here, its not unusual to find some who may think alike. i happen to value his analysis and thought.

the guy is intelligent. if you dont have to guts to tell him that then i will do it for you.

of course

It's Doc aloimeh :D

tripb19
03-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Nalbandian Blake would be an interesting match up.

Hoping Murray goes far.

But Nole is going to win again.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
of course

It's Doc aloimeh :D

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

Albop
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

:yawn:

good draw for fed :D

vamos gonzo win a match here :rocker2:

TMJordan
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Nalbandian Blake would be an interesting match up.

Hoping Murray goes far.

But Nole is going to win again.
If anyone could beat him, it's a Fit Dave :bigclap:

zcess81
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM

Hammering another nail in Fed's coffin.

star
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Now that MTF has written Fed off, he's sure to win the tournament. :lol:

Corey Feldman
03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Now that MTF has written Fed off, he's sure to win the tournament. :lol:If he cared about tennis, he could still win anything :shrug:

star
03-24-2008, 10:26 PM
If he cared about tennis, he could still win anything :shrug:

I think he definitely cares about being the number one player in tennis. He mentions that all the time. Also I think he wants the slam record.

And you have to admit he cares at least about tennis exhibitions. :)

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 10:28 PM
:yawn:

good draw for fed :D

vamos gonzo win a match here :rocker2:

relax. Fed will be exiting the tournament by the quarters unless Tsonga can manage to beat Roddick which i do not see happening.

75 points is all he needs to defend here. he will go get the much needed rest and then head to Estoril whiere he will pick up 200 additional points for winning the title there.

he is not well and he does not need to be here anymore than he has to. looks like 75 points will pretty easily. i expect him to avoid even Roddick in the quarters.

watch and learn.

vamos. lets hope for the best for Gonzo. he needs a good tournament.

Corey Feldman
03-24-2008, 10:30 PM
And you have to admit he cares at least about tennis exhibitions. :)Yep >>>>>>>> more than his ranking.
:o

The Fed who walked around court on Saturday letting Fish hit winners from his pansy mid court shots = rather be home milking cows or having dinner at Gwen Stefani's house

who knows

freeandlonely
03-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Monfils will beat Isner.

I hope Nadal makes it to the match against Nalbandian :)

I hope Nalbandian makes it to the match against Nadal.

l_mac
03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Hard to see R. Nadal not walking away with the trophy.

TMJordan
03-24-2008, 11:10 PM

Hard to see him not eating a bagel against Nalbandian.

l_mac
03-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Hard to see him not eating a bagel against Nalbandian.

:hug:

arm
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

hard to see nadal walking away with the trophy

Adler
03-24-2008, 11:15 PM
hard to see MTF not making sense

vincayou
03-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I'd love to see Federer against Tsonga, but I fear none of them will make it that far :sad:

acionescu
03-24-2008, 11:19 PM
:hug:

Don't hug him, he should buy us all dinner, he's rich now! :worship:

Stensland
03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
I'd love to see Federer against Tsonga, but I fear none of them will make it that far :sad:

who should federer keep from advancing to that stage? wawrinka would have to play 150% vs. fed to take a set and as of now he doesn't even come close to 100%. and check out the other two seeded players in his draw: robredo and hewitt. i bet roger's laughing his ass off as we speak - he owns both of them even if they'd break his wrist.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
hard to see MTF not making sense

hard to see Djokovic not taking food off their tables and their mortgage money.

l_mac
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

hard to see nadal walking away with the trophy

:confused:

The Freak
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Allez Gael!! Take out Fed! :cool:

HeretiC
03-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Wimbledon's seedings are done on grass court results over the previous years, and therefore differ slightly from the "normal" seedings everywhere else. They are not exactly hand-selected though - there is a formula which they have to adhere to, which I believe has been explained here once before in one of the old Wimbledon threads. I don't know it well enough to explain it now, but it isn't completely random!!!

But only if AO stays at same formula based only on rankings for seedings as before. If they decide to go like in Wimbledon it will be much harder to predict seedings.

Wimbledon uses the following formula to calculate the points used to determine a player’s seeding:
ATP ranking points
+ Grass court points earned in the past year
+ ¾ of the points from the player’s best grass court result the year before that.

;)

arm
03-24-2008, 11:28 PM
:confused:

what didnt you understand?

I ask because I am getting confused with my own english, i am not even sure of what I wrote means.
:retard:
I think I should go to bed, I am not making any sense right now.

Sorry :help:

vincayou
03-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Tsonga will have to beat guys with monster serve. Karlovic, Roddick... we will some aces in that quarter.

Il Primo Uomo
03-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Nadal is dead and buried :help: Tough draw, one again!:o

Sunset of Age
03-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Reasonably fair draw to all, Fed's being the most favourable of all the top seeds. If he doesn't manage to pull through this one he's only got himself to blame.

Bad luck for Rafa drawing the Djoko in his half once again - but then again, we'll have to see whether Rafa AND Roger will be able to even make the semis this time. I consider that far from a given.

nazgul82
03-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Bad luck for Rafa drawing the Djoko in his half once again

If Rafa is #2 and Djoko is #3 of this tournament, isn't that 101% known that Rafa and Djoko will be after draw in the same half ?

Sunset of Age
03-25-2008, 12:59 AM
If Rafa is #2 and Djoko is #3 of this tournament, isn't that 101% known that Rafa and Djoko will be after draw in the same half ?

NO. The only thing that's sure about the draw is that the #1 and #2 can't meet each other until the final. The #3 (etc.) is placed in either side of the draw at random, so 50% chance for either Rafa or Roger to have Djoko in his side of the draw. So Rafa's been having quite a bit of bad luck to draw Djoko in his side of the draw yet again after IW.

gusman890
03-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Sometimes I disagree.

I'm a big believer in the traditional 1V4, 2V3. Only seems natural.

Marek.
03-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Okay draw

aussie_fan
03-25-2008, 02:34 AM
hewitt can make the 4th round here providing he doesn't stuff up again.

Lunaris
03-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Nalbandian vs. Stepanek again, that sucks. :rolleyes:

Ferrero Forever
03-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Ferrero's draw is the best he could have asked for. So naturally he'll screw it up. Sometimes I'd seriously rather see him have 3 players in the top 20 for him to contend with in the first 3 rounds. He always finds a way to screw up easy draws.

Chiseller
03-25-2008, 07:50 AM

Keep it up champ :haha:

leng jai
03-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Great draw for Haas....Kiefer/Niemenen/Nadal.

Kolya
03-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Kolya vs. Kohli...

Hmm...

Machiavelli
03-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Ancic first up against Simon, and then the clash versus Murray; but if he would be able to take revenge on Muzza for the loss in MArseille his part of the draw would be open..

C'mon Mario

gjr
03-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Great draw for Nole. A walk in the park to the Semi's. Not much in the Nadal quarter to stop him reaching the final. With Fed in the form he's in, the other half is open for the other final spot.

I expect Nole to retain the title here and then the pressure is on the other 2 to stop him being the next number one by the end of the season. Winning AO, IW + Miami at the start of the season = should be number one by the end of it IMO.

zcess81
03-25-2008, 09:44 AM

After IW I wouldn't be surprised by anything anymore.

zcess81
03-25-2008, 09:51 AM

Moya, Blake, Nalbandian, Novak...all in Rafa's draw. As much as I'd like to see him do well in Miami it's gonna be very difficult for him to reach finals. But he can do it of course.

zcess81
03-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Ancic first up against Simon, and then the clash versus Murray; but if he would be able to take revenge on Muzza for the loss in MArseille his part of the draw would be open..

C'mon Mario

I'd love to see Mario-Murray re-match...and Mario kicking his butt of course.

zcess81
03-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Great draw for Nole. A walk in the park to the Semi's. Not much in the Nadal quarter to stop him reaching the final. With Fed in the form he's in, the other half is open for the other final spot.

I expect Nole to retain the title here and then the pressure is on the other 2 to stop him being the next number one by the end of the season. Winning AO, IW + Miami at the start of the season = should be number one by the end of it IMO.

All Nole has to do is defend his Miami points (not an easy task by any means)...the rest will be done by Nadal/Fed during clay court season/Wimbledon. He will be no.2 come Wimbledon imo.

maria_marie
03-25-2008, 10:38 AM
even if he's no.2 remember that Wimbledon has a special seeding system so I doubt that Nole will be the no.2 seed because Rafa has two finals from the past two years (look at what happened to Hewitt 2005 I think-he was no.2 but he was seeded 3rd in Roger's half)

Benny_Maths
03-25-2008, 01:36 PM

So Agassi should've been the year end no.1 in 2001?

Ad Wim
03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
After IW I wouldn't be surprised by anything anymore.

You were surprised after IW?! How surprised were you the rest of the season then?! :rolleyes:

Black Adam
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I just love all the fear for Djokovic. Who would have thought a fews years back whne people thought he was all talk, that one day we would be worrying that our favorite player doesn't get Djoko in their part of the draw???? Interesting how things have changed.

Corey Feldman
03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Calleri takes out Nole in 1st round, no doubt about it to me.

l_mac
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Great draw for Nole. A walk in the park to the Semi's. Not much in the Nadal quarter to stop him reaching the final.

So true :worship:

Haas, Moya, Blake, Nalby. :shrug: I don't even know why they're bothering making him play these matches. Too easy. :dance:

Roland9
03-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Nadal has to fight hard again... And Fed has to fight much harder than IW.

gnaz
03-25-2008, 10:43 PM
True meanwhile nole has a very easy draw like at IW..... It's like the ATP want a new #1.....

rofe
03-25-2008, 11:01 PM
True meanwhile nole has a very easy draw like at IW..... It's like the ATP want a new #1.....

Shhh...:bolt: