Why can't the WTA be a bit more like the ATP? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why can't the WTA be a bit more like the ATP?

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 02:01 AM

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/19884_Indian_Wells_Tennis_.sff.jpg

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/00003_Indian_Wells_Tennis_.sff.jpg

Roland9
03-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Aha, now that was uncalled for... :lol:

Alex999
03-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Ana is so cute

Sean
03-24-2008, 02:07 AM
you would have thought Sveta would have jumped at the chance of getting up close to Ana.

Spes
03-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Sveta is usually very friendly, I just don't think she likes Ana too much, considering she always loses to her. :lol:

Spes
03-24-2008, 02:21 AM
The WTA very rarely has good handshakes.

wenty
03-24-2008, 02:22 AM
Svetlana :lol:

aeronatasha
03-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah that was a great hug between Novak and Mardy, I liked it.:)

Corswandt
03-24-2008, 02:28 AM
[sexist over-simplifications]

Men have an instinct for kameraderie that the women just don't have. Women's instincts are for bitchyness and jealousy.

[/sexist over-simplifications]

Plus Kuznetsova had just suffered her 434395695727525728th consecutive loss in a final.

aeronatasha
03-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Lol that too.

Bad Religion
03-24-2008, 03:01 AM
This annoying bitch Ivanovic is in everywhere today . Pfff

SwiSha
03-24-2008, 03:02 AM
Ana is so cute

needs a boob job

njnetswill
03-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Novak always gets close to his opponents.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/njnetswill/00000000.jpg

sawan66278
03-24-2008, 03:19 AM

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/19884_Indian_Wells_Tennis_.sff.jpg

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/00003_Indian_Wells_Tennis_.sff.jpg

Interesting, but obvious question, Aloimeh...

Answer: ATP tennis is a sport; WTA tennis is a game.

njnetswill
03-24-2008, 03:25 AM

Shouldn't people playing a game be more lax and friendly? You're attempt to bash the WTA doesn't quite make sense here. :wavey:

Corey Feldman
03-24-2008, 03:26 AM
I dont like the make out sessions after the match

i prefer the bitchyness of WTA style

if you lose, you should be hurting - not smiling like some performing clown.

Forehander
because WTA don't have pe***es.

Bascule

Give me a break!

Johnny Groove
03-24-2008, 03:36 AM
because there are too many bitches on the WTA

Johnny Groove
03-24-2008, 03:37 AM
ATP tennis is a sport; WTA tennis is a game.

YES :worship:

Kristen
03-24-2008, 04:58 AM
needs a boob job
http://i32.tinypic.com/2camq0.jpg
Needs to learn manners. :retard:

The internet has plenty of 'boob job' types. I'm sure you can find them easy enough.

RagingLamb
03-24-2008, 05:00 AM
WTA isnt as gay as ATP

NinaNina19
03-24-2008, 05:02 AM

Djokovic is a clown.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 05:10 AM
because there are too many bitches on the WTA

clown. just because you cant get your hands on one, they are bitches.

could be that you are a bigger bitch. in fact, you know you are. learn to relax.

Corey Feldman
03-24-2008, 05:12 AM
This cat has the right idea of how Nole should be greeted

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3770/djokovicvskittenrq7.jpg
;)

~*BGT*~
03-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Also, woman (coming from a woman) are competitive when it comes to what they want. I think we are more cut throat than men. I think it would be like competing for a man. Two women see a man in a night club and approach him at the same time. One woman gets his attention first. I could imagine the other woman trying to pull him away or doing something bitchy like that. Whereas, if it were two men, the second man would just count his losses and walk away. I don't know. That's just what I was thinking. :wavey:

Fee
03-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Also, woman (coming from a woman) are competitive when it comes to what they want. I think we are more cut throat than men. I think it would be like competing for a man. Two women see a man in a night club and approach him at the same time. One woman gets his attention first. I could imagine the other woman trying to pull him away or doing something bitchy like that. Whereas, if it were two men, the second man would just count his losses and walk away. I don't know. That's just what I was thinking. :wavey:

Have you actually seen this happen, or behaved this way yourself?

finishingmove
03-24-2008, 07:10 AM

this might look stupid at first but... there is that theory about all women suffering from an inferiority complex.

they're always under more pressure , having the need to prove themselves and naturally they see their losses worse than they actually are.

interestingly its very similar to federer's superiority complex and his reactions to losses.

dont take this post too seriously although there might be some truth in it :wavey:

Bayo
03-24-2008, 07:14 AM

Closest reflection of how I feel. Nothing wrong with Svetlana giving them the cold shoulder.

HoistDaColors
03-24-2008, 07:41 AM
I wasn't camped on the practice courts in Indian Wells so correct me if I am wrong: I didn't see many top WTA players practicing with each other. I saw them either hitting with their coaches or some unknown young male or some lower ranking players. Whereas in the men's side, I was quite surprised by some of the players practicing together: Roddick and Kohlschreiber, Roddick and Davydenko, Murray and Malisse...

Perhaps two players hitting with each other is not really indicative of how their relationship is with one another but I get the sense that in the men's side, everyone is kinda cool with each other. No drama.

~*BGT*~
03-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Have you actually seen this happen, or behaved this way yourself?

I have seen it but I wouldn't dare do that. When girls fight, they like to scratch and pull hair. :scared:

Fee
03-24-2008, 07:56 AM
I have seen it but I wouldn't dare do that. When girls fight, they like to scratch and pull hair. :scared:

So you got a fake ID? cool.

~*BGT*~
03-24-2008, 07:59 AM
So you got a fake ID? cool.

The bars on LSU campus let you in at 18 or 19 if you are female. :p 21 if you are male. :rolls:

Lee
03-24-2008, 08:01 AM
I wasn't camped on the practice courts in Indian Wells so correct me if I am wrong: I didn't see many top WTA players practicing with each other. I saw them either hitting with their coaches or some unknown young male or some lower ranking players. Whereas in the men's side, I was quite surprised by some of the players practicing together: Roddick and Kohlschreiber, Roddick and Davydenko, Murray and Malisse...

Perhaps two players hitting with each other is not really indicative of how their relationship is with one another but I get the sense that in the men's side, everyone is kinda cool with each other. No drama.

I saw many women practiced with each other. Svetlana and Amelie were having a great time together since they are doubles partners. Check the pics in my siggy ;) Also Sharapova with Paszek, Peer with Schiavone, Li Na with Zvonareva, and more.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 08:05 AM
I saw many women practiced with each other. Svetlana and Amelie were having a great time together since they are doubles partners. Check the pics in my siggy ;) Also Sharapova with Paszek, Peer with Schiavone, Li Na with Zvonareva, and more.

Lee are you going to Key Biscayne for the next big Masters event?

Lee
03-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Lee are you going to Key Biscayne for the next big Masters event?

Too far away :p

HoistDaColors
03-24-2008, 08:15 AM

Thank you for telling me. I think I remember Svetland and Amelie practicing. The only other group of girls I saw hitting with one another were Domachowska and Penetta. I guess I was at the practice courts at the wrong time.

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Coz women can e real emotional bitches in sports. Not all of them

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 10:04 AM

Oh, ive seen that! But i wish i could see it between tennis players! It also involves punching not just pulling hair. In 7th grade these3 girls were bitches to me and my friends and everytime wed see each oher between classes wed at least strangle each other.

Hank777
03-24-2008, 10:55 AM
this cat has the right idea of how Nole should be greeted

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3770/djokovicvskittenrq7.jpg
HAHA :haha::haha: ... here kitty kitty :lol:

Tutu
03-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Thats weird, Sveta's like the most friendly player and most popular one too. Never seen her look so pissed. About time! :devil:

goldenlox
03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Svetlana is feeling the pressure of losing 8 of 9 finals.
3 this year. When is Fish in a big final? He's thrilled to be there.

MisterQ
03-24-2008, 12:58 PM

Some of these guys don't have much hair to pull... :sad:

star
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I think this has more to do with the players involved than it does the the WTA or the ATP. I've seen many pictures of WTA players kissing each others cheeks after a match and the loser smiling during the trophy presentation. I've also seen pictures of ATP players looking glum or even pouty at trophy presentations and I've personally witnesses less than warm handshakes between the men after a match.

I think that people (mostly men) like to think that women can't get along with one another and like the "cat fight" image, but that's mostly nonsense.

W!MBLEDON
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM

some of them do

ie mauresmo

gnaz
03-24-2008, 04:46 PM

Ivanovic and Nadal have the best tans in tennis. :D:D

r2473
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
HIGGINS
What in all of heaven could've promted her to go,
After such a triumph as the ball?
What could've depressed her;
What could've possessed her?
I cannot understand the wretch at all.

Women are irrational, that's all there is to that!
There heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags!
They're nothing but exasperating, irritating,
vacillating, calculating, agitating,
Maddening and infuriating hags!
[To Pickering]
Pickering, why can't a woman be more like a man?
PICKERING
Hmm?
HIGGINS
Yes...
Why can't a woman be more like a man?
Men are so honest, so thoroughly square;
Eternally noble, historic'ly fair;
Who, when you win, will always give your back a pat.
Well, why can't a woman be like that?
Why does ev'ryone do what the others do?
Can't a woman learn to use her head?
Why do they do ev'rything their mothers do?
Why don't they grow up- well, like their father instead?
Why can't a woman take after a man?
Men are so pleasant, so easy to please;
Whenever you are with them, you're always at ease.
Would you be slighted if I didn't speak for hours?
PICKERING
Of course not!
HIGGINS
Would you be livid if I had a drink or two?
PICKERING
Nonsense.
HIGGINS
Would you be wounded if I never sent you flowers?
PICKERING
Never.
HIGGINS
Well, why can't a woman be like you?
One man in a million may shout a bit.
Now and then there's one with slight defects;
One, perhaps, whose truthfulness you doubt a bit.
But by and large we are a marvelous sex!
Why can't a woman take after like a man?
Cause men are so friendly, good natured and kind.
A better companion you never will find.
If I were hours late for dinner, would you bellow?
PICKERING
Of course not!
HIGGINS
If I forgot your silly birthday, would you fuss?
PICKERING
Nonsense.
HIGGINS
Would you complain if I took out another fellow?
PICKERING
Never.
HIGGINS
Well, why can't a woman be like us?
[To Mrs. Pearce]
Mrs. Pearce, you're a woman...
Why can't a woman be more like a man?
Men are so decent, such regular chaps.
Ready to help you through any mishaps.
Ready to buck you up whenever you are glum.
Why can't a woman be a chum?
Why is thinking something women never do?
Why is logic never even tried?
Straight'ning up their hair is all they ever do.
Why don't they straighten up the mess that's inside?
Why can't a woman behave like a man?
If I was a woman who'd been to a ball,
Been hailed as a princess by one and by all;
Would I start weeping like a bathtub overflowing?
And carry on as if my home were in a tree?
Would I run off and never tell me where I'm going?
Why can't a woman be like me?

alfonsojose
03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Svetlana always loses to Ana and she was pissed because of the Serbian fans.

alfonsojose
03-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Some of these guys don't have much hair to pull... :sad:

pubic hair :drool:

Stensland
03-24-2008, 09:26 PM
my god, this kuznetsova guy is probably the ugliest thing on court these days. when i see her i always think of that steroids engineer that created max zorin, the bond villain - not because of the actual resemblance with him, but the idea that someone "made" her some kinda "manish" female sportsmonster stuck with me.

arm
03-24-2008, 09:28 PM
because in wta they are women!

and we are like that, more competitive I guess... Besides, in the WTA final, the no2 and no3 were playing, which means they were not only fighting for a trophy but also for a spot. They were direct rivals.

While fish and djokovic were not, I mean fish is nos direct threat to djokovic or the reverse.

But thats only my explanation.

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 09:33 PM
my god, this kuznetsova guy is probably the ugliest thing on court these days. when i see her i always think of that steroids engineer that created max zorin, the bond villain - not because of the actual resemblance with him, but the idea that someone "made" her some kinda "manish" female sportsmonster stuck with me.

A small part of me wonders if she is a lesbian and if she has a slight crush on Ana so that whenever she plays her she cannot concentrate. I'm not trying to diss unattractive women, but I simply can't understand how someone who just beat Sharapova (who has been undefeated in 2008) in the semifinal can collapse so pathetically to Ivanovic.

Ma Baker
03-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Because they are goats, and the biggest goats are my favs Justine (still can't forget Bartoli incident) and JJ (checking my make-up,smiling and waving to the crowd during the point):D

Stensland
03-24-2008, 09:46 PM
A small part of me wonders if she is a lesbian and if she has a slight crush on Ana so that whenever she plays her she cannot concentrate. I'm not trying to diss unattractive women, but I simply can't understand how someone who just beat Sharapova (who has been undefeated in 2008) in the semifinal can collapse so pathetically to Ivanovic.

yeah, but if i was kuznetsova and lesbian, playing sharapova and ivanovic in a row would be hell anyways. just imagine playing kirilenko in the qf right before that..:angel: i'd probably be leaking for the whole two days - and pray for a next tournament's first round match-up vs. davenport.

perv-mode off.

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
yeah, but if i was kuznetsova and lesbian, playing sharapova and ivanovic in a row would be hell anyways. just imagine playing kirilenko in the qf right before that..:angel: i'd probably be leaking for the whole two days - and pray for a next tournament's first round match-up vs. davenport.

perv-mode off.

Just as there are matchups in tennis, there are also "matchups" in the lesbian crushes department. ;) Maybe kuzzy has a thing for brunettes in particular?

camnation
03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Just as there are matchups in tennis, there are also "matchups" in the lesbian crushes department. ;) Maybe kuzzy has a thing for brunettes in particular?
If the crush logic is true, then maybe Roger has the hots for Andy Murray. :couple:

Stensland
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe kuzzy has a thing for brunettes in particular?

i guess she has a thing for latinas maybe. she matured in spain, so obviously she must've been exposed to lots of hot latin chicks. her surroundings probably influenced her taste, hence the blast by ivanovic: her looks are pretty latin and the phenotype of the balkans is mediterranean anyways, so she just couldn't focus on tennis. sharapova's maybe too chilly to some extent, her eyes are dead and she'd kill for success. that girl's as sensitive as a cold rock whereas ana seems like a sweety to kuznetsova.

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 10:03 PM
If the crush logic is true, then maybe Roger has the hots for Andy Murray. :couple:

Well, to be quite honest, there have been rumors that Roger-Mirka is a cover and that they're both in the closet, and also that they're having a threesome with Anna Wintour. :o

NinaNina19
03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Or maybe Kuznetsova just plays badly in finals. Kuznetsova is not ugly imo.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 10:09 PM

because she has a massive history of failing in important matches.
she is a choke artist. i have no idea how she won a slam.

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
because she has a massive history of failing in important matches.
she is a choke artist. i have no idea how she won a slam.

She was playing the Queen of Chokers - Demented-ova.

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 10:13 PM
She was playing the Queen of Chokers - Demented-ova.

there you have it.

rocketassist
03-24-2008, 10:41 PM
WTA is full of obnoxious stuck up bitches. Massu and Boredo are my least liked ATP players, but I dislike at least 30 women players a lot more than them. That says it all.

Corey Feldman
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
pubic hair :drool::lol:

jonny84
03-24-2008, 11:14 PM
I wish the WTA was more unpredictable......more interesting on the ATP side with shocks like Fish reaching the final of the Indian Wells Masters.

AndVand
03-25-2008, 12:33 AM
i think ATP grandslams (except for AO'08) have been way more predictable in the past 4 yrs than WTA.

njnetswill
03-25-2008, 02:39 AM
WTA is full of obnoxious stuck up bitches. Massu and Boredo are my least liked ATP players, but I dislike at least 30 women players a lot more than them. That says it all.

Maybe you just have something against women. :shrug:

Slasher
03-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Or maybe Kuznetsova just plays badly in finals. Kuznetsova is not ugly imo.

She's no looker but she's quite alright to me too.

zcess81
03-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Djokovic is a clown.

If Djokovic is a clown, considering that he is probably the best player in the world right now on HC, what does that say about those below him (and under performing no.1 as well)?

Ivanatis
03-25-2008, 03:20 PM

totally agree with that

sportsmanship and players coping with each other offcourt is fine, but I don't want to see any hugging after finals:rolleyes:

Timbo
03-25-2008, 05:56 PM
I remember reading a great interview with one of the women player (Molik I think) who made some really interesting points about the women's tour. She said the women take losses far more personally than the men...with the guys, they lose and feel bad for a day or two, then get over it....but the women stew over it and take it personally. They're also travelling and competing at a much younger age than the men, and usually travelling with a parent/coach/mentor which makes it harder for them to bond with the other competitors.

Iván
03-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Kuznetsova is wild in bed.

Allez-Alejo
03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
The lower ranked players on both tours are equally mentally weak, however the physicality of the mens game allows many more upsets to occur. Even if a top women is having a terrible day in an early round...they nearly always get through because of their superb fitness and/or power. Many men ranked 50-150 are just as fit/strong as those in the top 30, but not at all true for the women. Yes, Fed, Nadal, Djokovic, etc are very fit, but it doesn't give them as much as an edge as the fitness of Henein and Jankovic gives them, or the power of AI, Sharapova and the Williams' give them.

mediter
03-25-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm not trying to diss unattractive women, but I simply can't understand how someone who just beat Sharapova (who has been undefeated in 2008) in the semifinal can collapse so pathetically to Ivanovic.

Aloimeh's ignorance of WTA tennis shining bright here.

maria ,despite her undefeated record ,has no real advantage or superiority over the rest of the tour. The same is the case with sveta.

They are just showing they are not that consistently superior or dominant over the rest and that performance on a given day counts.

Ana seems to be a bad matchup too.

Any more questions????? My flawless analysis amd irrefutable methods are available anytime to clear any mysteries of the tour.

G4.
03-25-2008, 06:48 PM
no question , just wanted to correct you on this " WTA Tennis" : wta is not tennis

Boarder35m
03-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, didin´t she have a relationship with some russian icehockey player? I think that this rumuor Kuznetsova is a lesbian occurs just from her looks. If you see pictures of her from the players parties you see a completely other Svetlana Kusnetsova, but unlike other players she isn´t that much interested to look good on the court.

If the top seeds play each other in the final, you don´t see these friendly handshakes that often, it doesn´t matter if you look at atp or at wta. Nadal and Federer in Roland Garos e.g. didn´t hug each either, so you are not fair in your comparison.

The difference between the wta and atp is, that it occurs more often in an atp match that a top 8 seeds gets beaten by a far lower ranked person. So, in the final rounds there are often players who are really no threat to the ranking list leaders. If one of these ranking leaders loose it would not mean that the other passes them the other day.

Johnny Groove
03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
I remember reading a great interview with one of the women player (Molik I think) who made some really interesting points about the women's tour. She said the women take losses far more personally than the men...with the guys, they lose and feel bad for a day or two, then get over it....but the women stew over it and take it personally. They're also travelling and competing at a much younger age than the men, and usually travelling with a parent/coach/mentor which makes it harder for them to bond with the other competitors.

Its the same shit in real life too :o