FluffyYellowBall
03-23-2008, 11:29 PM
What does that mean? :eek: :confused:

finishingmove
03-23-2008, 11:30 PM
it was a tribute to rafa

Metis
03-23-2008, 11:31 PM
It was a message: "I am the real No2" ;)

Fee
03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Tournament trophies taste better than American food.

camnation
He thought it was a real whale on the trophy.

Metis
It was a message to the commentators.

:rolls:

your explanation is better :D

arm
03-23-2008, 11:37 PM
he was saying "I've just eaten real fish" =P

or maybe just sending a message not to the commentators, but to rafa, who did the same a year ago.

gnaz
03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
A message to the world that he is a "pillow biter" like Rafa? ;);););););););)

Clay Death
03-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Tournament trophies taste better than American food.

he was mocking Nadal. payback awaits in Monte Carlo.

njnetswill
03-23-2008, 11:47 PM
A message to the world that he is a "pillow biter" like Rafa? ;);););););););)

:lol:

Manon
03-23-2008, 11:51 PM

Exellent!

arm
03-23-2008, 11:54 PM
why a message to the commentators? I am sorry but I didnt get that? what kind of message?

Petrovic
03-23-2008, 11:56 PM
It was quite funy coz Mardy FISH looked at him and thought hmm "don't bite that FISH" :eek:

milkidy
03-23-2008, 11:56 PM

he was saying "I've just eaten real fish" =P

or maybe just sending a message not to the commentators, but to rafa, who did the same a year ago.

he was mocking Nadal. payback awaits in Monte Carlo.

u guys r brilliant:cool:

arm
03-24-2008, 12:02 AM
u guys r brilliant:cool:

nooo. I mean we probably are brilliant, but not because of that. That only tells we have imagination =p

thanks anyway =D

Lori42
03-24-2008, 12:56 AM
He was showing everyone what a real and total JERK he is...... I sure hope he goes down really fast. Can't stand the guy. He is a bad example of what sportsmanship is....

aeronatasha
03-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Bitter are we not?

Lori42
03-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Bitter are we not?

Nope, not bitter....Just stating the facts

Metis
03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
It looked sexier when Rafa did it :shrug:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/20dbf392-90be-45a4-b085-a6cf051aef29.jpg

gnaz
03-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Bitter are we not?

Nole is actually a biter! A Pillow biter :lol:

Lori42
03-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Looks like he could think of something original.

gnaz
03-24-2008, 01:09 AM
It looked sexier when Rafa did it :shrug:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/20dbf392-90be-45a4-b085-a6cf051aef29.jpg

Coz Rafa gave it a blowjob, that's why :lol:

aeronatasha
03-24-2008, 01:26 AM
He was showing everyone what a real and total JERK he is...... I sure hope he goes down really fast. Can't stand the guy. He is a bad example of what sportsmanship is....

I'm sure you'd stand him a lot better if he won less against Americans in particular.:rolleyes:

*Viva Chile*
03-24-2008, 01:44 AM
I thought this thread will be invaded by the perv squad :lol:

amierin
03-24-2008, 01:59 AM
I saw that pic and said "Oh no he didn't!!!"

Lee
03-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Did he really "bite" the whale? I haven't seen any pics other than the one here that pretended to do so.

Sean.J.S.
03-24-2008, 07:14 AM

Roger isn't world #3 just yet. :shrug:

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Did he really "bite" the whale? I haven't seen any pics other than the one here that pretended to do so.

if he really did, its obvious he was mocking Rafa. i would think that he would exercise better sense and show some respect to the players that are ahead of him.

Ferrero Forever
03-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Geez, Whales don't need to be scared of the Japanese, but of whoever wins Indian Wells.

Greenday
03-24-2008, 07:37 AM
HA HA!!...The Guy was clearly mocking at Rafa....but thts not funny!

~*BGT*~
03-24-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm sure you'd stand him a lot better if he won less against Americans in particular.:rolleyes:

And you wouldn't like him if he weren't Serbian. :rolleyes:

Bascule
03-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Look from the bright side for once at least, folks, don't be so negative. Understanding his mentality, it was for fun, a little tribute to Rafa, but in a positive way. He does respect Rafa a lot. And he showed he's a gentleman and true sportsman (even on this match with Fish).

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Look from the bright side for once at least, folks, don't be so negative. Understanding his mentality, it was for fun, a little tribute to Rafa, but in a positive way. He does respect Rafa a lot. And he showed he's a gentleman and true sportsman (even on this match with Fish).

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz up Bascoooooooooooolina my favorite poster?

evidently something has happened. we know Nadal goes out of his way to be nice to everybody. clearly Djokovic has pissed him and Fed off somehow. not very cool on his part in my opinion.

squeakyshoes
03-24-2008, 08:11 AM
it was a non- derrogatory act to me,

just emulating the last title holder there.

why the need to try to spin it negatively? :confused:

MariaV
03-24-2008, 08:46 AM

HUH, isn't he the real No 1? :D :D :D

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 08:50 AM
There was nooo need to do that at all:o

The Pro
03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Nole was encroaching, and he better not do it again. :(

SloKid
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
It was quite funy coz Mardy FISH looked at him and thought hmm "don't bite that FISH" :eek:
Whales are not fish.

Manon
03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Whales are not fish.

Say it again, PLEASE. Good God....

The Pro
03-24-2008, 10:57 AM
just emulating the last title holder there.

In the interests of emulating previous title holders I hope he one day drops the Barcelona trophy on his foot. :D

DDrago2
03-24-2008, 11:03 AM

So it's important what Raffa isn't rather than what he is.
And I wanted to believe it's only his parents...

amierin
03-24-2008, 12:22 PM

To use the vernacular "fruit don't fall too far from the tree".

savesthedizzle
03-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Novak has been biting his trophies ever since the first one he ever won, it has absolutely nothing to do with mocking Rafa or any of the other nonsense I've read today.

Let's take a trip back to Amersfoort 2006. Nole's first title.

http://www.novak-djokovic.com/srb/fotogallery/2006/Amersfoort2006//Amersfoort%202006/nole_amersfoort_15.jpg

But I guess no one cared about it then. He's biting a freaking iPod.

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Novak has been biting his trophies ever since the first one he ever won, it has absolutely nothing to do with mocking Rafa or any of the other nonsense I've read today.

http://www.novak-djokovic.com/srb/fotogallery/2006/Amersfoort2006//Amersfoort%202006/nole_amersfoort_15.jpg

Jess :hug: You are far too logical for the haters in GM :worship: Thanks for stating the obvious though..............no doubt someone will say you photoshopped the picture now though :rolleyes:

groundstroke
03-24-2008, 01:13 PM
He's happy?

Hank777
03-24-2008, 01:23 PM
I wonder what the context was ... MAYBE someone in the crowd yelled NADAL or something... :confused: ???

Otherwise I figure it's not the best Djoke in the world, I mean, why do you wanna go there Djoker ... :eek:

I still think he's a nice fella, not a diplomatic one though ... I bet McEnroe is LOVING this though!! :D

Hank777
03-24-2008, 01:29 PM

http://www.novak-djokovic.com/srb/fotogallery/2006/Amersfoort2006//Amersfoort%202006/nole_amersfoort_15.jpgWell GOOD research Cat Lady ... I had no idea he shared NADAL's biting habits, what are the ODDS on that !! :eek:

SloKid
03-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Btw the whole biting thing is old, but it was usually limited to people biting medals, because it's an old thing that by biting gold you can test its authenticity.

I guess through time it spread to everything people won in sports, as kind of a way to "check if it's real".
Here's an article on the matter: http://www.slate.com/id/2136438/

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Well GOOD research Cat Lady ... I had no idea he shared NADAL's biting habits, what are the ODDS on that !! :eek:

It wasn't me that researched and posted it - but Jess (savestheday91). I couldn't possibly take the credit for it :o But thanks anyway :)

Bilbo
03-24-2008, 02:07 PM
rosie, you seem to be a big fan of nole

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 02:10 PM
rosie, you seem to be a big fan of nole

Yes - I like him :shrug: I think he's an excellent player who will definitely be Number 1 one day, and whenever I've met him, he's always been really polite and pleasant. Can't say fairer than that :shrug: :)

amierin
03-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice for his fans to try and say he's been doing this since 2006 but what he's biting in 2006 is an iPOD box not a trophy. If he's been doing this all along why is there no photographic evidence of it? I think I'm pretty safe in saying this is the first time he's done it. If anyone can find a picture of him biting an actual trophy before IW 2008 I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Otherwise this pic is what it is.

Bilbo
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
is it just me or does nole looks arrogant when biting the iPod?

Branimir
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Novak is the main villain in today's tennis. Everything he does is monitored through dense and clean lens.

DDrago2
03-24-2008, 03:07 PM

When I saw Novak biting the trophy I thought it's quite charming, but then I read it was ment as a mockery. As I never saw him do that before I took it, thanks for clearing things out now

Metis
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM

You had to go and spoil all the fun, didn't you? :(

Jess :hug: You are far too logical for the haters in GM :worship: Thanks for stating the obvious though..............no doubt someone will say you photoshopped the picture now though :rolleyes:

You tell them Cat Lady! :yeah: As you say, Nole's gesture was not meant to be offensive at all; it was a tribute to his friend Rafa whom he idolizes :worship:.

Metis
03-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Nole is such a novice at gumming whales. :rolleyes: :angel:

Cut him some slack.:rolleyes: He still has a lot to learn from Rafa... :shrug:

Bilbo
03-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Nole's gesture was not meant to be offensive at all; it was a tribute to his friend Rafa whom he idolizes :worship:.

He's idolizing Rafa when he's the better player? It shows again how Nole is fucking around yet many people don't see that.

gnaz
03-24-2008, 04:27 PM

Compare Rafa's parents with Nole's parents :o:o:o:o

enough said, really........................................

To use the vernacular "fruit don't fall too far from the tree".

Exactly!

aeronatasha
03-24-2008, 04:31 PM
And you wouldn't like him if he weren't Serbian. :rolleyes:

I like a lot of players who aren't Serbs and don't like quite a few who are (Pashanski for example). I'm pretty indifferent towards Ana and Jelena. I respect their results, but that's pretty much it. Yeah I like the fact they're Serbs of course.

I like Novak both as a person and as a player. I met him and that's how I feel. I'm sure you can relate to that.:shrug:

But I'm not a fan of anyone. More of a supporter, I just don't take it that seriously.

camnation
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow, I can't believe Novak's catching heat on MTF for this. He didn't actually bite it, it was just some light-hearted ribbing from one champion to another. Rafa's '07 bite was pretty imfamous, why not make a joke about it?

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Nice for his fans to try and say he's been doing this since 2006 but what he's biting in 2006 is an iPOD box not a trophy. If he's been doing this all along why is there no photographic evidence of it? I think I'm pretty safe in saying this is the first time he's done it. If anyone can find a picture of him biting an actual trophy before IW 2008 I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

look he was mocking Rafa. he has been mocking both Fed and Nadal for a while now. there is a reason why they both have turned against him.

Nadal goes out of his way to be nice to him so this really not needed. for instance, Nadal ordered his waitress to bring him a bottle of champagne when he spotted Djokovic in the same restaurant where he was having dinner. this took place in Montreal a few months ago. Nadal is known for these types of acts of kindness.

There is a lot to like about Djokovic and he is just what tennis has needed but he does need to be thoughtgul and sensitive toward those who tennis elite who have come before him. and last time checked, they have not left yet.

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow, I can't believe Novak's catching heat on MTF for this. He didn't actually bite it, it was just some light-hearted ribbing from one champion to another. Rafa's '07 bite was pretty imfamous, why not make a joke about it?

If Novak turned into Mother Teresa overnight, he would still get made into an ogre by some people on GM :rolleyes: It's kind of funny really and certainly not worth stressing about :shrug:

star
03-24-2008, 05:26 PM
look he was mocking Rafa. he has been mocking both Fed and Nadal for a while now. there is a reason why they both have turned against him.

Nadal goes out of his way to be nice to him so this really not needed. for instance, Nadal ordered his waitress to bring him a bottle of champagne when he spotted Djokovic in the same restaurant where he was having dinner. this took place in Montreal a few months ago. Nadal is known for these types of acts of kindness.

There is a lot to like about Djokovic and he is just what tennis has needed but he does need to be thoughtgul and sensitive toward those who tennis elite who have come before him. and last time checked, they have not left yet.

Well, yes. But, I think Nole just gets these funny ideas in his head and acts on them. He's a very humorous, non-serious kind of guy, and doesn't realize that maybe his humor should be kept more private. :) He'll figure it out. Nadal has been taught respect for an opponent at his father's knee. It is a way of life for him. Nole doesn't have the same sort of sporting background, but I don't think he is malicious. I may be proven wrong. I hope not.

camnation
03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
If Novak turned into Mother Teresa overnight, he would still get made into an ogre by some people on GM :rolleyes: It's kind of funny really and certainly not worth stressing about :shrug:
Very true.

Still, though, of all things... him pretending to bite his trophy gets its own thread! It is kind of funny. :D

connectolove
03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
If he did, he was just being a jerk copying Nadal and saying "I am the real #2... going for the #1 SPOT!"

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, yes. But, I think Nole just gets these funny ideas in his head and acts on them. He's a very humorous, non-serious kind of guy, and doesn't realize that maybe his humor should be kept more private. :) He'll figure it out. Nadal has been taught respect for an opponent at his father's knee. It is a way of life for him. Nole doesn't have the same sort of sporting background, but I don't think he is malicious. I may be proven wrong. I hope not.

i like the Asphalt King (aka Djokovic) a lot but this is not a good time to be mocking Rafa.

star
03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
i like the Asphalt King (aka Djokovic) a lot but this is not a good time to be mocking Rafa.

No time is a good time to mock Rafa. :)

I'm just not sure he meant to mock Rafa.

savesthedizzle
03-24-2008, 06:09 PM

That WAS the trophy :shrug: Maybe I need to bring back my signature of his collection of ridiculous trophies... but the iPod WAS the trophy in Amersfoort. Otherwise why the HELL would someone bite that.

Oh I forgot. Rafa is the first and only person to ever bite anything :D

The Pro
03-24-2008, 06:23 PM

That must be where this started. I can imagine Nadal being all extravagant and showing off, handing the champagne to Nole on bended knee, making Nole look like a cheapskate and a proper fool.

Nole's been nursing hot tears of resentment ever since. "Why won't they take me seriously?" he asks. :mad:

star
03-24-2008, 06:25 PM
That WAS the trophy :shrug: Maybe I need to bring back my signature of his collection of ridiculous trophies... but the iPod WAS the trophy in Amersfoort. Otherwise why the HELL would someone bite that.

Yes, it's true. Never a trophy bitten before Rafa. Rafa put the teeth in tennis. :) :)

Clay Death
03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
No time is a good time to mock Rafa. :)

I'm just not sure he meant to mock Rafa.

i hear you Star.

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2008, 08:02 PM

Well Nole hasnt done it since he won that i pod. Not even when he won AO

Lee
03-24-2008, 08:11 PM

Rafa has the patent on biting trophies. Whoever doing the same thing infringed on it and should be sued.

For most people, imitating someone is an act of admiration but for Novak Djokovic, it must be malicious and mocking. :shrug:

amierin
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Well Nole hasnt done it since he won that i pod. Not even when he won AO

Which is exactly my point.

Metis
03-24-2008, 08:34 PM
He's idolizing Rafa when he's the better player? It shows again how Nole is fucking around yet many people don't see that.

I was being sarcastic ;). Or rather I was being silly, teasing the quoted poster who is a notorious Rafa hater. :D

aeronatasha
03-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Actually Novak is very fond of Rafa, I have no idea where do you get all these. I've read numerous interviews where he says Nadal is a very kind person and quite different and shy off the court, which surprised Novak at first.

Here's and article in Serbian:
http://www.novak-djokovic.com/srb/clanci.php/2008/01/01/nole-za-sport-nadal-je-najbolja-faca-2-2

"Pričalo se da si dobar prijatelj sa Nadalom. Pominjala se i mogućnost da dođe na tvoj rođendan, a onda i na spektakl u Areni. U kakvim si odnosima sa njim?

- Mnogi ljudi greše što se tiče Španca. Uglavnom imaju neki pogrešan utisak, jer se on ponaša pomalo nadmeno na terenu. Možda izgleda da je prepotentan. Ali to nije tako. Govorim to, jer ga znam privatno. Rafa je jako, jako dobar dečko i stvarno jedan od retkih fer-plej igrača. Toliko je neiskvaren i dobar sportista i profesionalac. U toj meri da me je baš iznenadio. Očekivao sam da ga van terena sretnem u tom prepotentnom izdanju, ali doživeo sam potpuno suprotno iskustvo."

Roughly Novak says Nadal is a very fair player, great proffesional and a true athlete.

He was not mocking him for fuck's sake.:rolleyes:

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Actually Novak is very fond of Rafa, I have no idea where do you get all these. I've read numerous interviews where he says Nadal is a very kind person and quite different and shy off the court, which surprised Novak at first.

Here's and article in Serbian:
http://www.novak-djokovic.com/srb/clanci.php/2008/01/01/nole-za-sport-nadal-je-najbolja-faca-2-2

"Pričalo se da si dobar prijatelj sa Nadalom. Pominjala se i mogućnost da dođe na tvoj rođendan, a onda i na spektakl u Areni. U kakvim si odnosima sa njim?

- Mnogi ljudi greše što se tiče Španca. Uglavnom imaju neki pogrešan utisak, jer se on ponaša pomalo nadmeno na terenu. Možda izgleda da je prepotentan. Ali to nije tako. Govorim to, jer ga znam privatno. Rafa je jako, jako dobar dečko i stvarno jedan od retkih fer-plej igrača. Toliko je neiskvaren i dobar sportista i profesionalac. U toj meri da me je baš iznenadio. Očekivao sam da ga van terena sretnem u tom prepotentnom izdanju, ali doživeo sam potpuno suprotno iskustvo."

Roughly Novak says Nadal is a very fair player, great proffesional and a true athlete.

He was not mocking him for fuck's sake.:rolleyes:

Translation:

Questioner: It's been said that you're good friends with Nadal. The possibility of him coming over for your birthday has been mentioned, and also to the spectacle at the arena. How do you get along with him?

ND: Many people are incorrect about the Spaniard. Primarily they have the wrong impression, since he acts a bit haughtily on the court. Maybe he looks conceited. Rafa is a very, very good person and really one of the rare "fair-play" players. He's so uncorrupted and a good sportist and professional. In this regard he really surprised me. I expected that off the court I would see him in the conceited version, but I observed the complete opposite.

star
03-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Translation:

Questioner: It's been said that you're good friends with Nadal. The possibility of him coming over for your birthday has been mentioned, and also to the spectacle at the arena. How do you get along with him?

ND: Many people are incorrect about the Spaniard. Primarily they have the wrong impression, since he acts a bit haughtily on the court. Maybe he looks conceited. Rafa is a very, very good person and really one of the rare "fair-play" players. He's so uncorrupted and a good sportist and professional. In this regard he really surprised me. I expected that off the court I would see him in the conceited version, but I observed the complete opposite.

Thatk you! :kiss:

Novak and Rafael are both great for the game. :)

I love that "uncorrupted and a good sportist"

l_mac
03-24-2008, 10:34 PM
God, Nole is the devil. What an ass.

This year Novak seems to have lost a lot of crowd support. I wonder why that can be :confused:

:D

Bascule
03-24-2008, 10:39 PM

This year Novak seems to have lost a lot of crowd support. I wonder why that can be :confused:

But, fortunately, there's Linda the ass-kisser to give him as support as such ass deserves.

Aloimeh
03-24-2008, 10:48 PM

Because he's coming out of nowhere and beating up the No. 1 and No. 2 who over the past 3 years have amassed gigantic fan bases, and because he doesn't kowtow to Federer (which is heresy for Federer fans/worshippers), and because he just beat two "red-hots" (Tsonga, Fish) who are popular with the crowd, and one of them on his own home turf (Fish).

Did you read the above post on Novak's comments on Rafa. Do you still stand by this thesis that he was sneering at Rafa with the bite gesture?

star
03-25-2008, 12:11 AM

I don't see that. He was playing against Fish in the final. Can't expect crowd support there.

I see Djokovic as popular with the crowd.

yarina
03-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Djoker imitates all the time: I think none of us can ever forget his so many times reteated impersonations, then when he won the Aussie Open he kissed the court, which is what Safin has done when he won the US Open in 2000 - I don't think anybody remembered that anymore. Also, taking his t-shirt off after a victory was "borrowed" from Ivanisevic and now he took the biting thing from Rafa. And probably there is more imitation going on which we haven't noticed yet. So, I'd say nothing significant this time, just one more of his "borrowings". Hats off to him for playing such solid tennis : he's still very young, so hopefully there is enough time for him to develop a personal style as well so that he need not borrow from peers in the future :).

arm
03-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Djoker imitates all the time: I think none of us can ever forget his so many times reteated impersonations, then when he won the Aussie Open he kissed the court, which is what Safin has done when he won the US Open in 2000 - I don't think anybody remembered that anymore. Also, taking his t-shirt off after a victory was "borrowed" from Ivanisevic and now he took the biting thing from Rafa. And probably there is more imitation going on which we haven't noticed yet. So, I'd say nothing significant this time, just one more of his "borrowings". Hats off to him for playing such solid tennis : he's still very young, so hopefully there is enough time for him to develop a personal style as well so that he need not borrow from peers in the future :).

I hope he doesn't start crying when he wins tournements.. like federer did in some finals...

Oh come on, just because he does somethings that other palyers have done before it doesn't mean he is imitating anyone.. Can't he just do it because he felt like to? regardless of what others have done before?

yarina
03-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh come on, just because he does somethings that other palyers have done before it doesn't mean he is imitating anyone.. Can't he just do it because he felt like to? regardless of what others have done before?

It can be a coincidence once, but when it happens more than once one wonders...Anyway, I do not want to be bitchy with him: as I said before, hats off to him for such consistency when he's only 21 (?).

arm
03-25-2008, 12:37 AM
It can be a coincidence once, but when it happens more than once one wonders...Anyway, I do not want to be bitchy with him: as I said before, hats off to him for such consistency when he's only 21 (?).

He is 20.

So what you're saying is that everytime he wisna tournements he does something other player had done before on purpose?

I am sorry, but I think that's hard to believe.. Besides, he doesn't need to imitate the greatest, because he is already one of the greatest..

I dont know if you understand what I mean.

Anyway, each person understands things ina different way. I just guess we understand them different. :hug:

star
03-25-2008, 12:47 AM

I don't mind borrowing. :)

I love it when Lleyton does the "vicht." Maybe Djokovic can start doing that too.

MrChopin
03-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Because he's coming out of nowhere and beating up the No. 1 and No. 2 who over the past 3 years have amassed gigantic fan bases, and because he doesn't kowtow to Federer (which is heresy for Federer fans/worshippers), and because he just beat two "red-hots" (Tsonga, Fish) who are popular with the crowd, and one of them on his own home turf (Fish).

Did you read the above post on Novak's comments on Rafa. Do you still stand by this thesis that he was sneering at Rafa with the bite gesture?

Or maybe it's that the tennis media is infatuated with his incredible "personality," evidenced by this recent display of unique creativity... maybe it's the way he's questionably called trainers during matches... maybe it's the way he's taken well over the given time limit again and again and again... maybe it's the way he's imitated a bunch of players on tour as a means to gaining attention... maybe it's his lack of maturity within his position of growing popularity... maybe it's his on-court antics... maybe it's the way he's looked to aggressively intimidate umpires... maybe it's the way he's openly taunted crowds... :confused:

camnation
03-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Or maybe it's that the tennis media is infatuated with his incredible "personality," evidenced by this recent display of unique creativity... maybe it's the way he's questionably called trainers during matches... maybe it's the way he's taken well over the given time limit again and again and again... maybe it's the way he's imitated a bunch of players on tour as a means to gaining attention... maybe it's his lack of maturity within his position of growing popularity... maybe it's his on-court antics... maybe it's the way he's looked to aggressively intimidate umpires... maybe it's the way he's openly taunted crowds... :confused:
Do you have something against Novak or something? Your post is ambiguous.

Metis
03-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Maybe Rafa can take Nole to Lord Carlos, since that's where he learned "everything." :eek: :bowdown:

:yeah: I expect another 'battle of the surfaces' in Mallorca with half clay - half hardcourt this time. Excellent opportunity for Nole to get some training :devil:.

Gldngrl
03-25-2008, 03:20 AM
In the interests of emulating previous title holders I hope he one day drops the Barcelona trophy on his foot. :D

:lol:Not one day anytime soon though;)