Roger's aged 10 yrs playing Sampras all those times [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger's aged 10 yrs playing Sampras all those times

TheBoiledEgg
03-23-2008, 12:31 AM
cant move
slow to everything
looked drunk out there

no wonder Sampras beat him and took sets of him.

Roger :help: :help:

DDrago2
03-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah, he looks sapped of energy. We should wait for confirmation, but it seems his health is realy going down from something, it may be that this mononucleosis is not over

dijus
03-23-2008, 12:37 AM
yeah but mono didn't bother him to play some exhos :o

OrinUK
03-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Stop with the bloody mono! He was playing fine all week until today, and NOW it's because of the mono:rolleyes::rolleyes:

juninhOH
03-23-2008, 12:49 AM
ya hahah ridiculous how people will still blame mono.

wtf stop playing then if everytime you lose you'll come up with that shit.

TankingTheSet
03-23-2008, 12:50 AM
I am pretty sure Federer was drained last November after winning the TMC, he had to play Sampras two days later -- and then fly 5000km every day to another venue, three times in a row. The results that week (ending a defeat to Sampras) more or less prove what was happening. I definitely think he overextended himself around that time and may have left him susceptible to illness.

feuselino
03-23-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm really really no expert, but I read mono can come and go? Anyone has any insight on this?

DDrago2
03-23-2008, 12:52 AM
with mono it can be up and down as far as I know, he thought he is over it and you can't blame him for trying to come back to form. But I agree he shouldn't come on court in such poor condition. I am realy curious to hear his press conference after this match, I hope he will explain what was bothering him

goldenlox
03-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Federer was unbelievable. 10 straight slam finals.
Now he's just another mug on the tour. It's amazing how quickly it happened.
If you watch his loss in Melbourne, he sucked. He was awful.
He still sucks, 2 months later.

star
03-23-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm all for blaming Sampras for everything. :) :)

DDrago2
03-23-2008, 01:43 AM

Sampras must have already been living through that dreadfull Federer's 15th slam in his head many times :lol: by now I doubt he will be that saddened if Federer does it

gnaz
03-23-2008, 02:18 AM
No more slams for Roger?

Hank777
03-23-2008, 02:25 AM
I am pretty sure Federer was drained last November after winning the TMC, he had to play Sampras two days later -- and then fly 5000km every day to another venue, three times in a row. The results that week (ending a defeat to Sampras) more or less prove what was happening. I definitely think he overextended himself around that time and may have left him susceptible to illness.
This may be so, but FEDERER also skips tourneys to take a rest so that's not it ... he takes his rest more than other players do.

All the same, why are people so hung up over his poor performance today?? GIVE FISH SOME CREDIT, he is playin some good tennis at IW.

Also Fedex just sucked maybe (did not see the match), but I am amazed of how people talk him down after just a few losses, come on stick with him if you also praise during the better performances. :confused:

BTW ... I do think his quote at IW site was ... hmmmm ... FEDEX should learn how to cash a loss with some dignity, that is also a part of being one of the GOAT.

Warrior
03-23-2008, 02:27 AM
This is not looking good. Lately his performance is very reminiscent of Pete's last two years on tour. He can't even win a title. It may be the begining of the end of Roger.

Hank777
03-23-2008, 02:30 AM
This is not looking good. Lately his performance is very reminiscent of Pete's last two years on tour. He can't even win a title. It may be the begining of the end of Roger.
Sheesh !! I am anything but a FEDEX fan, but come on, they guy only lost a few matches ... so what it's an immediate decline ??? :confused:

I never figured I'd defend FEDEX but really, people sure write him off quickly here ... :eek:

Maybe this makes it an official slump, so what, I'm sure he'll pick up if he gets his act together.

VolandriFan
03-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Just like Juanqui's chicken pox?

Burrow
03-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Who knows if its due to the mononucleosis, we are in no position to judge.

Burrow
03-23-2008, 03:18 AM

Chicken pox ruined his career, totally went downhill from their on in.

dylan24
03-23-2008, 03:29 AM

pete is brilliant. he knew fed would break his grand slam record.
got fed to do those stupid exhibtions.
complimented roger about how fed is the greatest ever.

swiss clown relaxed. and now swiss clown is finished.
just like coked up swiss miss hingis.

i think bridgette was the one who gave sampras the master plan.
brilliant pete and bridgette.
too smart for dumb swiss clown

dylan24
03-23-2008, 03:30 AM
No more slams for Roger?

fuck the slams.
swiss clown won't win another title unless he can find some mickey mouse tournament
that the top players avoid

*Viva Chile*
03-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Stop with the bloody mono! He was playing fine all week until today, and NOW it's because of the mono:rolleyes::rolleyes:

mono has ups and downs... some days you feel great and then like crap, ask Ancic how he felt last year ;)

*Viva Chile*
03-23-2008, 03:57 AM

chicken pox is not even nearly as mono in term of decay. If you take antivirals as soon as possible (as aciclovir), chicken pox goes rapidly.