Will the players be playing 2 matches in a day soon? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will the players be playing 2 matches in a day soon?

CVK
06-23-2004, 08:01 AM
Just wondering, like what they do in US Open, of course, with the exception of Andy:rolleyes:.....What a funny weather, it's so hot and sunny everywhere esp in Vancouver, but raining in Britain, guess i was meant to be.

chris whiteside
06-23-2004, 08:20 AM
They're actually not that far behind schedule although today could see no play at all. Tomorrow will be important, if there's any significant stoppage then they'll be in trouble but the forecast is better.

Highly unlikely anyone will have to play 2 matches in any one day.

Lalitha
06-23-2004, 11:31 AM
With the forecast, I won't be surprised if it happens.

Expect, Mr.Mills to give a statement like 'we have completed more matches at this stage than we were in 1991', etc.

*Ljubica*
06-23-2004, 12:52 PM
I think it's highly likely they will do another "Peoples' Sunday" and play on the middle Sunday as well - they have done that before when schedules fell too far behind. The forecast is certainly not good for the next few days here(only Friday looks OK), and it's pretty much the same all over Northern Europe I think.

Auscon
06-23-2004, 12:55 PM
they should move wimbledon, grass and all, to Kalgoorlie....

jeanie_sin
06-23-2004, 01:04 PM
With the forecast, I won't be surprised if it happens.

Expect, Mr.Mills to give a statement like 'we have completed more matches at this stage than we were in 1991', etc.

he already said that just now during an interview with our broadcaster

MissPovaFan
06-23-2004, 01:22 PM
I think it's highly likely they will do another "Peoples' Sunday" and play on the middle Sunday as well - they have done that before when schedules fell too far behind. The forecast is certainly not good for the next few days here(only Friday looks OK), and it's pretty much the same all over Northern Europe I think.

Yep basically all Third Round matches need to be complete by the end of this week so Im sure they will have to use Sunday - unless they put the whole of the doubles/juniors back to start next week but only on outside courts.

YoursTruly
06-23-2004, 01:42 PM
I hope the plants will turn out very nice. :lol:

Yashirobai
06-23-2004, 11:48 PM
In fact they decided to make all double matches be 3-sets in stead of 5-sets until the quarters to make it shorter...