Novak in INDIAN WELLS thread ( Nole beat Fish 6:2 5:7 6:3 to win the title!!!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novak in INDIAN WELLS thread ( Nole beat Fish 6:2 5:7 6:3 to win the title!!!)

Jelena_78
03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
The draw is finally out!!!

1st round vs BYE :scratch: this guy could be tricky :p
2nd round vs SEPPI or QUALIFIER

http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/4/assets/pdfs/draws/08ATP_MDS1.pdf

Good luck Nole!!!

ataptc
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Come on Nole :dance:

jitterbug
03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
I never like it when they play BYE :unsure: that guy's so consistent. He's made it into every AMS main draw!

kirkicica
03-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I never like it when they play BYE :unsure: that guy's so consistent. He's made it into every AMS main draw!
don't worry. I checked bye's h2h and tournament history. he kinda likes playing only the first round matches. ;)

Jelena_78
03-12-2008, 06:33 PM
don't worry. I checked bye's h2h and tournament history. he kinda likes playing only the first round matches. ;)

Smartie :p :kiss:

I would have never thought of that...checking I mean ;)
Now I don't have to worry anymore

dulkogi
03-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I hate this draw!

Okonsky
03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
I hate this draw!

Mee too.

Kolshchi...in 3rd round....I don't like it.

03-13-2008, 12:05 AM
ahhh i hate this pressure that he has right now... defending final and title is a huuuuugeee thing...and everybody is expecting so much, and i can imagine how he feels right now...i just hope he manages to cool his head and focus on match by match..maybe the draw will open (fingers crossed) i dont want to bring him bad luck by saying this...so, my opinion is that he can beat each and any player on the tour - so GO NOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

finishingmove
03-13-2008, 08:38 AM
the draw is good for novak . why ? because he got the players he cant lose from. not even on a bad day.

maybe on a really bad day from ferru , but that aint happening this time. its gonna be standard issue : ferru clean sweep until nole -> nole wipes the floor with him ;\

(too bad really cuz i like him too)

Herdwick
03-13-2008, 09:30 AM
the draw is good for novak . why ? because he got the players he cant lose from. not even on a bad day.

Theoretically you're right but please don't tempt fate by saying this!

Saumon
03-13-2008, 10:09 AM
All those points to defend scare me. :awww:

Herdwick
03-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Me too.

He seemed nervous in Dubai as well - guess it's hitting home now just how much is expected of him this year.

*Ljubica*
03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Good luck to Nole - especially against that tricky Bye fellow ;)

Sleepwalker64
03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Anybody knows something about it?:)

Athlete Novak Djokovic competes with Athlete Maria Sharapova at the
4th Annual K-Swiss Desert Smash Celebrity Tennis and Golf Event at
the La Quinta Resort and Club on March 11, 2008 in Palm Springs, California.

http://i021.radikal.ru/0803/7a/991509bf3fcb.jpg

http://i045.radikal.ru/0803/b6/516b08e61221.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/734/uj3dk2.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4661/uj5ht2.jpg

belco
03-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Good luck Nole

i hope hes getting into sharapova in the locker rooms :armed:

Scotso
03-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Ew. That's so wrong. Don't even wish that kind of torture on Nole.

star
03-14-2008, 06:22 AM
In the IW program... kind of at the center, there's a two page spread and the title is: THE RIVALRY and on one side is Rafa serving and on the other side Nole is serving. And the path Rafa's racket traces is filled with roaring bulls (toros) and the path Nole's racket traces is filled with snarling tigers. It's really kind of great.

The crowds were HUGE around Nole's practice court today. Enormous.

Alex999
03-14-2008, 07:34 AM
In the IW program... kind of at the center, there's a two page spread and the title is: THE RIVALRY and on one side is Rafa serving and on the other side Nole is serving. And the path Rafa's racket traces is filled with roaring bulls (toros) and the path Nole's racket traces is filled with snarling tigers. It's really kind of great.

Thanks Star. Please keep updating us about Novak.

Herdwick
03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Yes thanks. All Nole news from IW will be eagerly devoured here...

star
03-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Star. Please keep updating us about Novak.

Gladly, but sad to say, I won't be here much next week. I'm leaving on Tuesday.

camnation
03-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice, thanks for the report. :D
So it looks like Nole's picked up more American fans. (Do you think Leno's got anything to do with this or not?)

tangerine_dream
03-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Star, that program sounds very cool. Glad to hear that fans are anxious to see Novak in action.

So it looks like Nole's picked up more American fans. (Do you think Leno's got anything to do with this or not?)
I think Novak's run at the US Open last year probably has something more to do with it but being on Jay Leno doesn't hurt. :)

By the way, do you guys put photos in the tournament threads or just in the photos thread? Here's one of Novak practicing the other day.

Photo caption: Novak Djokovic, left, of Serbia, laughs during practice for the Pacific Life Open tennis tournament in Indian Wells, Calif., Thursday, March 13, 2008.

star
03-15-2008, 06:55 AM

Oh, it may have, but seriously, the fans at IW took Djokovic to heart last year with his run to the final. He was extremely impressive in the semi-final, and it was clear to everyone that except for the nerves in the first set, he would have made a much closer match of it. So, I think most felt like they had seen the breakthrough of a new star. It's sort of like the crowd has always loved Daniela because she won there when she was young.

Of course, on the screens outside the stadium, they show clips of the players and one of the clips is Djokovic doing impressions. People think he is funny.

I saw him today on the grassy area adjacent to the practice courts. He was stretching. It was quite an impressive routine. He does this one thing that I have never seen where he brings his knee up very high and holds it to his chest and then lets go and does a lunge step forward and then balances like that in a deep lunge, and then does it with the other leg. He was doing a lot of stretches for his back. He did one that others were trying to do but didn't do as well as he did. He hooked one leg over the other bent leg and twisted to the side -- while lying down, of course.

Firs up on the stadium tomorrow, so I've got to go to bed. :)

Alex999
03-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh, it may have, but seriously, the fans at IW took Djokovic to heart last year with his run to the final. He was extremely impressive in the semi-final, and it was clear to everyone that except for the nerves in the first set, he would have made a much closer match of it. So, I think most felt like they had seen the breakthrough of a new star. It's sort of like the crowd has always loved Daniela because she won there when she was young.

Of course, on the screens outside the stadium, they show clips of the players and one of the clips is Djokovic doing impressions. People think he is funny.

I saw him today on the grassy area adjacent to the practice courts. He was stretching. It was quite an impressive routine. He does this one thing that I have never seen where he brings his knee up very high and holds it to his chest and then lets go and does a lunge step forward and then balances like that in a deep lunge, and then does it with the other leg. He was doing a lot of stretches for his back. He did one that others were trying to do but didn't do as well as he did. He hooked one leg over the other bent leg and twisted to the side -- while lying down, of course.

Thank you very much :hug:

PennyThePenguin
03-15-2008, 02:46 PM

hey there stranger :hug:

neenah
03-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Nole up 5-2* :D

5-2, 5-0, 5-2, 5-2, 5-2, 6-1, 6-0. :eek: That's reading down the column of first-set scores on the scoreboard of current matches. :rolls:

camnation
03-15-2008, 08:41 PM
He breaks in the second set, is broken, then quickly breaks back! *Whew* Serving for the match!

shy_person
03-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Nole WONNNN!!!!!!! 6-3,7-6(3)

shy_person
03-15-2008, 08:55 PM
:banana: <i always liked this- :)

Spes
03-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Not a very good performance, he'll need to pick it up for Kohlschreiber. :banana:

Ajde Nole!

Lee
03-15-2008, 11:29 PM

Sounds I kept missing you there :lol:

camnation
03-16-2008, 12:37 AM
It was an ugly win, but still a win nevertheless.

Crush 'em in the third round Nole!

Lee
03-16-2008, 12:41 AM
All matches on stadium court 1 are ugly today. That court is the second largest for tennis, only smaller than Arthur Ashe Stadium and with the wind, it's very difficult to play.

silverwhite
03-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Solid first win. Probably Kohli next...

Scotso
03-16-2008, 04:34 AM
It wasn't all that solid, Nole was really shaky today and not impressive at all in the second set.

Hopefully he picks it up, he needs to do well here.

star
03-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Sounds I kept missing you there :lol:

Are you still here? One of these years we must really meet. :) :)

Is your son with you or are you on mother's day off? :)

PennyThePenguin
03-16-2008, 05:12 AM

in case you missed the previous one... HEY STRANGER!!!

star
03-16-2008, 05:15 AM
in case you missed the previous one... HEY STRANGER!!!

I did miss it! :hug: :hug: I love you. I miss you. I never see you anymore. :hug:

PennyThePenguin
03-16-2008, 06:24 AM
well if you wandered in here more often you would! :p

Lee
03-16-2008, 06:26 AM

I am home now. I ate enough sand on Friday. :lol:

It's my vacation. Hubby and son stayed home and had their father and son bonding. :lol:

savesthedizzle
03-18-2008, 05:57 AM
Routine win 6-3 6-2 :yawn:

Goodnight :D

Lee
03-18-2008, 06:10 AM
:banana:

Jelena_78
03-18-2008, 06:59 AM
:rocker:

amdany
03-18-2008, 08:09 AM
:banana:congrats Nole:banana:

*Ljubica*
03-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats Nole :bigclap:

jennyian
03-18-2008, 10:07 AM
He played well. Hoping he improves more and more.

Good Luck on the next match NolÚ!

:)

Saumon
03-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Who's next? *too lazy to check*

jennyian
03-18-2008, 10:13 AM
^Ca˝as, I think.

*Ljubica*
03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Indeed yes - it will be Ca˝as.

gambit84
03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
we are watching a good Novak in IW. I think that Dubai was a digression (and here they played with very speedy balls, very different by the balls used in IW) and I see him very focused

Now Canas and I think he will not have problems. The agentine player hit the ball not so hard and so Novak can play his best tennis

Ajde!

*Ljubica*
03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
we are watching a good Novak in IW. I think that Dubai was a digression (and here they played with very speedy balls, very different by the balls used in IW) and I see him very focused

Now Canas and I think he will not have problems. The agentine player hit the ball not so hard and so Novak can play his best tennis

Ajde!

I agree. Canas came back to the Tour at a really good level after his suspension, but he has had some injury problems recently and is finding it hard to kep to that original level, - so I hope Nole will beat him easily :)

Herdwick
03-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Draw seems to be opening up nicely for him. Really would love to see him take out Rafa and Roger in the SF and the F respectively. I don't feel he's ever going to get any credit for anything unless he meets and beats them both consistently.

Sleepwalker64
03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe I'm wrong...but I expect Tsonga in semi...I don't see Nadal passing Tsonga...and that one will be tricky for Novak

Herdwick
03-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Maybe I'm wrong...but I expect Tsonga in semi...I don't see Nadal passing Tsonga...and that one will be tricky for Novak

Sadly I think you're right - I fear Rafa will get the same treatment as in the AO, unless he is able to change his game to deal with Tsonga and he had no idea how to do that in Melbourne - but would much prefer Nole to play Rafa.

*Ljubica*
03-18-2008, 01:28 PM

Being a confirmed Nadal hater :devil: I sure hope you're right, but I hear Tsonga isn't playing as well at the moment as he did in Australia, and Nadal will know his game better now - so sadly I think Nadal will prevail :rolleyes:

Herdwick
03-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Being a confirmed Nadal hater :devil: I sure hope you're right, but I hear Tsonga isn't playing as well at the moment as he did in Australia, and Nadal will know his game better now - so sadly I think Nadal will prevail :rolleyes:

Awww - how can you hate Rafa?:awww:

*Ljubica*
03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Awww - how can you hate Rafa?:awww:

:awww: Sorry :hug: I could easily give you a list - but I wouldn't be so cruel! Let's just say that although there are several other players that I dislike (no one can like everyone after all!), he is the only one that I truly do :devil: But then wouldn't it be a boring world if we all liked the same people? I have several friends who like Nadal, and we just agree to disagree!!! :)

Herdwick
03-18-2008, 02:41 PM
OK - lunchtime is natter time

Hate away by all means - it's a free world (or I like to believe our bit of it still is). Actually I used to dislike Rafa myself but he's really grown on me in the last year or so. Now he just comes across as a pussycat with big brown eyes and a plump arse.

I don't hate any player so find the hating threads on here a bit weird. Have always disliked Nalbandian though. Don't know why - there's just something about him.

Okonsky
03-18-2008, 04:03 PM
....I hear Tsonga isn't playing as well at the moment as he did in Australia.....

Novak played worse at the moment than Tsonga, I am afraid.

Okonsky
03-18-2008, 04:05 PM
He played well. Hoping he improves more and more.

Good Luck on the next match NolÚ!

Did we watched same match? Honestly? Novak played like unsecure begginer. Luckily, Kohl....was bad enough to win anybody.

*Ljubica*
03-18-2008, 05:15 PM
OK - lunchtime is natter time

Hate away by all means - it's a free world (or I like to believe our bit of it still is). Actually I used to dislike Rafa myself but he's really grown on me in the last year or so. Now he just comes across as a pussycat with big brown eyes and a plump arse.

I don't hate any player so find the hating threads on here a bit weird. Have always disliked Nalbandian though. Don't know why - there's just something about him.

Yes- sadly lunchtime is my only easy natter time - the Boss might catch me if I use MTF too often at other times :o Strangely, I'm the other way around with Nadal - I didn't dislike him so much at first - it's just kind of grown on me :lol: But - as you say - hate is a very strong word, - and I'm not comfortable with all the real "hating" threads on GM either. Once they start attacking a player's girlfriend and family - it just loses me completely :shrug:

Oh - and I understand you with Fat Dave because I don't like him much either :lol: I used to be quite a fan of his a few years ago, but after I met him a few times, I really changed my views. He had such a disgusting attitude towards his fans and the people around him who were working for him,- he was extremely rude to everyone, even his brother and girlfriend, and his work ethic is appaling! So tonight I will be cheering for sexy Radek :hearts: :lol:

Herdwick
03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Umm - just don't get why people are so bitter. Some of the comments about Nole and Nadal are:spit:

Good to hear my gut reaction to Nalbandian is justified. Fingers crossed for Radek tonight.

*Ljubica*
03-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Umm - just don't get why people are so bitter. Some of the comments about Nole and Nadal are:spit:

Good to hear my gut reaction to Nalbandian is justified. Fingers crossed for Radek tonight.

Well at the moment sexy Radek is 4-1 up :woohoo: But can't deny David N. is a superb player - one of the best out there when he commits himself,- so I'm not celebrating quite yet!

neenah
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Keep going Nole. :dance:

Lee
03-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I watched Stepanek practiced with Nole in IW. They played a TB at the end and Nole needed to pull all his tricks to win it. That's when I taped the video.

Lee
03-19-2008, 12:25 AM
All my pics are up. Links in my siggy.

jennyian
03-19-2008, 03:30 AM
Did we watched same match? Honestly? Novak played like unsecure begginer. Luckily, Kohl....was bad enough to win anybody.

Really? Wow. I thought differently. He was waiting for the right big shots, he made terrific passing shots and moved extremely well.

jennyian
03-19-2008, 03:33 AM

I think what he pulled off in Australia was magnificent, but I honestly can't see him beating Nadal the same way.

I actually think Rafa is going to win that match.

Herdwick
03-20-2008, 01:00 AM
3-0 - Nole's looking awesome tonight so far....

Lee
03-20-2008, 02:51 AM
6-2 6-3. Easy one for Nole. Anybody watched the match? How's Nole's play?

njnetswill
03-20-2008, 03:36 AM
Wawrinka might actually be Novak's toughest test yet.

savesthedizzle
03-20-2008, 04:04 AM
I am starting to dislike Wawrinka. I'm not sure exactly why. I don't think it's anything to actually do with HIM, but when I think of him it's not very positive in my brain. :shrug:

Lee
03-20-2008, 04:41 AM
I am starting to dislike Wawrinka. I'm not sure exactly why. I don't think it's anything to actually do with HIM, but when I think of him it's not very positive in my brain. :shrug:

Same here and this is BEFORE he will play vs Nole. ;)

njnetswill
03-20-2008, 04:42 AM

I have that feeling toward certain players too, like Blake, Berdych, and Murray. :shrug:

savesthedizzle
03-20-2008, 04:52 AM
I think my Wawrinka feeling is because he always screws me in TT :rolls:

Scotso
03-20-2008, 05:41 AM
What a great win for Nole. He's obviously playing quite well this week. Be afraid, Fed, be very afraid.

Lee
03-20-2008, 07:41 AM
:bounce: Nole's match will be televised on FSN tomorrow.

*Ljubica*
03-20-2008, 09:03 AM
I think my Wawrinka feeling is because he always screws me in TT :rolls:

:awww: Stan's a good guy - I like him! Still hope Nole beats him though. And - no - sorry Lee - I didn't see the match. I have to be up at 5.30am for work, so it was on far too late for me. I hope to catch some highlights when I get home from work tonight.

camnation
03-20-2008, 06:16 PM
:bounce: Nole's match will be televised on FSN tomorrow.
Okay... *deep breath*. I have high hopes that TSN will air this match. After all, it says it's showing the quarter finals, which starts at 4pm EST, which is 1pm their time, which is Nole's match, which is the first (hence only) QF match, which means they have to air it on TSN! :)

*Ljubica*
03-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Okay... *deep breath*. I have high hopes that TSN will air this match. After all, it says it's showing the quarter finals, which starts at 4pm EST, which is 1pm their time, which is Nole's match, which is the first (hence only) QF match, which means they have to air it on TSN! :)

I wish you luck:) Our TV broadcast starts at 8.00pm (which is 1.00pm in IW), so I should see it live too :) Ajde Nole!

camnation
03-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I wish you luck:) Our TV broadcast starts at 8.00pm (which is 1.00pm in IW), so I should see it live too :) Ajde Nole!

Thank you! Let's hope we're blessed with Nole coverage today! :hug:

Lee
03-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Thank you! Let's hope we're blessed with Nole coverage today! :hug:

I believe TSN gets the feed from FSN. So hopefully as Nole's match started at 1pm and on Stadium 1. Actually, there's no matches on Stadium 2 so Nole's match is the only one.

neenah
03-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm going to be at my grandparents from tomorrow until Sunday and they have a TV. I don't have one so I haven't been keeping track of what channel's showing Indian Wells. Are they showing it on TV?

Lee
03-20-2008, 09:06 PM
It's a tricky one in US. Fox Sport Network is showing the matches but no every local FSN stations will pick the tournament up. So it depends whether your grandparents have cable/satellite and whether they have the local FSN or similar stations.

Let me find the thread in GM with all the info.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=119187

camnation
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
I believe TSN gets the feed from FSN. So hopefully as Nole's match started at 1pm and on Stadium 1. Actually, there's no matches on Stadium 2 so Nole's match is the only one.
Yeah I'm pretty sure TSN's piggybacking off FSN. Their coverage has been spotty at best but they're showing Nole now so I forgive them at the moment. :)

neenah
03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you Lee!! :hug:

FSN = Fox Sport Network. Got it. :p

Lee
03-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure TSN's piggybacking off FSN. Their coverage has been spotty at best but they're showing Nole now so I forgive them at the moment. :)

I am still not happy because there's no high definition. I am spoiled. :p

Lee
03-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Ajde Nole

Lee
03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Notes to Nole:

DON'T HIT YOUR FOREHAND TO WAWA'S BACKHAND!!!!!!!!!!

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I know it is early...but Nole isn't playing that great.:mad:

Lee
03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I know it is early...but Nole isn't playing that great.:mad:

He hasn't found his rhythm yet and he better finds it fast. I don't think Wawa is beating him. Rather, Nole is beating himself.

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I agree about Nole beating himself, he even hit two overhead smashers into the net. But I'm not too worried yet.

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 09:40 PM
YAY for the crazy "commmee onnnn!"

Lee
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Finally and that's quite a howl :lol:

camnation
03-20-2008, 09:48 PM
:):):):):):):)

Lee
03-20-2008, 09:53 PM
:rolleyes:

amdany
03-20-2008, 09:54 PM
YAY for the crazy "commmee onnnn!"

:cool:, and I like the colour of the outfit:)

:mad:he lost his serve

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
WTH is Novak doing there? He's not moving his feet! :mad:

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks to Stan he was not broken yet in this game.

camnation
03-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm getting really nervous...:awww:

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Both players don't want to win this game :rolleyes:

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Ajde Nole

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:09 PM
This is one ugly match.

camnation
03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh my goodness, what is happening here... :sad:

amdany
03-20-2008, 10:11 PM
too many UEs:mad:

camnation
03-20-2008, 10:15 PM
YESYESYESYES he breaks back! (More of Stan's UEs but I'll take it!!)

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:19 PM
It's ridiculous Both players are playing soooo bad.

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Magnificant display of UEs by both. :tape: :tape: :tape:

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
:spit: set point, don't mess it up Nole.

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:26 PM
He almost. BIG *phew*

camnation
03-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Whew... okay, the first set is his. Wipe the slate clean and keep moving Nole!

amdany
03-20-2008, 10:27 PM
:rolls:he celebrated the win of the set like he had won the match

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Ouch, Nole was lucky that Stan didn't challenge that point.

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Who did the commentators say wanted the trainer? Nole?

camnation
03-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Who did the commentators say wanted the trainer? Nole?
I think Wawa because they had the cameras on him... maybe.

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 10:40 PM
They said something about an abdominal injury that plagued him during the AO, but I don't know anything about Wawrinka's injuries, and I can't keep track of Nole's injuries (or time-out injuries:))

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Okay...it is Wawrinka.

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Stan is the one that has injury problems

And where's Nole? He doesn't seem like to be on the court today.

camnation
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Lol at deuce 7.

Cat123
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Livescore seems to be stuck. Hmph. I wanna know what's going on!!!! :awww:

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 10:46 PM
It isn't stuck..it was just an 18 minute game :)

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
1-3 Stan serving 15-15

Lee
03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Nole won first set 7-6(5)

gambit84
03-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm watching the match and Nole confirms he isn't in a very good form

too many unforced forehand errors

vuksa321
03-20-2008, 11:04 PM
It's only a bad day ... in the matches before he played better ...

mtdashkin
03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
4-1!

Lee
03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I lost count on how many bp Nole has in this game and FINALLY HE CONVERTS

camnation
03-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Yay for the double break :)

amdany
03-20-2008, 11:19 PM
it was an ugly match:o with some good shots here and there, but a win is a win right?

Lee
03-20-2008, 11:26 PM
He better plays much better than this match Saturday?

gambit84
03-20-2008, 11:27 PM
but a win is a win right?

yes but if David doesn't beat Roger (he can do), Nole have to win the tournament and he needs his best tennis ;)

jitterbug
03-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Is the match over? :eek:

Lee
03-20-2008, 11:39 PM
yes but if David doesn't beat Roger (he can do), Nole have to win the tournament and he needs his best tennis ;)

Nole has to pass Nadal or Blake in his bottom half first. :o

gambit84
03-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Nole has to pass Nadal or Blake in his bottom half first. :o

a piece of cake for him imho :o

Lee
03-21-2008, 12:18 AM
a piece of cake for him imho :o

Not when he plays like today or even vs Seppi. I don't know how he played vs Ca˝as and Kohlscreiber. But from what I saw of Nadal and Blake, it's not a piece of cake for Nole with the way he's been playing.

Okonsky
03-21-2008, 12:36 AM
I have my opinion (bad form) but i wont hear yours - bad form or bad day(s). Realy.

camnation
03-21-2008, 03:04 AM
He gets a day to rest, so hopefully he can return back to form for the semis. :yeah:

Scotso
03-21-2008, 03:46 AM
I only get the womens' final. :rolleyes:

another nice win for Nole :yeah:

Blake (most likely) or Nadal will be tough. I'd prefer Nadal. Blake can play well on some days. :p

Saumon
03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Nadal it will be. :)

Okonsky
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM
He gets a day to rest, so hopefully he can return back to form for the semis. :yeah:

Thanks. Rare answer to me here these days. If only I could talking about Novak in superlative 24/7 there will be more.
Unfortunately.

Thanks again.

*Ljubica*
03-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks. Rare answer to me here these days. If only I could talking about Novak in superlative 24/7 there will be more.
Unfortunately.

Thanks again.

Hi - I've only just got online today,- so I wasn't ignoring you. My answer is that I was honestly very disappointed with Nole's form last night - I thought he made way too many unforced errors against Wawrinka, and was quite lucky to get through. If he plays like that against Nadal, then in my opinion, he will not go further :sad: I have no idea if it was just a bad day - after all - we all have them :shrug: I hope it was, and that he can improve his level and beat Nadal tomorrow.

silverwhite
03-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Hopefully, he plays better today than he did against Wawrinka. :o

camnation
03-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Anyone watching this match on TV or on a live stream? I see nothing in the live scoring right now and I don't have any visual coverage.
EDIT: Nevermind, I guess the match started a little later than expected or the livescoring is slow.

Saumon
03-22-2008, 10:45 PM
woot! :D easier (from the score) than I expected.

*Ljubica*
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
woot! :D easier (from the score) than I expected.

Yes - I just watched the match on TV, and it was much easier for Nole than I had feared. First set was tight, and he was broken relatively early, but he managed to break back straightaway, and once he won the opening set, there was reall only one winner :)

Call me a b*tch if you want, but whilst a Nole win is always good news for me,- a win against Nadal makes my day :lol: Thanks Nole :hug:

camnation
03-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Nole! I'm so happy for you! :woohoo:^infinity

jitterbug
03-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Roger just dropped the first set to Fish :spit:

savesthedizzle
03-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Nole is going to play Fish :tape: :spit:

But we cannot underestimate Mardy because surely Novak won't be :)

But the best news is ....

HE DEFENDED ALL HIS POINTS!

Ajde! Winning is just creeping him closer to Rafa since Rafa lost 250 from not making the final ;)

njnetswill
03-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Final vs Fish. :D

ataptc
03-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Nole is going to play Fish :tape: :spit:

But we cannot underestimate Mardy because surely Novak won't be :)

But the best news is ....

HE DEFENDED ALL HIS POINTS!

Ajde! Winning is just creeping him closer to Rafa since Rafa lost 250 from not making the final ;)
:rocker2:

jeahhh!
03-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Holy shit we have an IW thread :o I am horrible I know :sobbing:

But yay for being in the final, and yay for defending all his points!:banana:
Ajde!:rocker2:

ataptc
03-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Aww Aimee you've only noticed it now? :lol: :hug:

jeahhh!
03-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Yes :tape: :o

Honestly ever since the AO I have a hard time remembering that Nole actually plays in tournaments. :o

savesthedizzle
03-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Yes :tape: :o

Honestly ever since the AO I have a hard time remembering that Nole actually plays in tournaments. :o

Me too :rolls: :rolls:

jeahhh!
03-23-2008, 01:54 AM
At least I am not alone :rolls: :rocker2:

jitterbug
03-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Alternate universe indeed :rolls:

Cat123
03-23-2008, 02:34 AM
:rocker2: Amazing stuff from Mardy tonight, but he's going down!!! :armed:

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/gemeen%20hondje.jpg

ataptc
03-23-2008, 03:14 AM
:hearts:

Lee
03-23-2008, 08:03 AM
I was busy whole afternoon so it's really late when I could watch the tape. :woohoo: I worked hard to keep myself getting onto internet. :lol:

I was worry that Nole could not handle the high bounce top spin from Nadal and was scared after he was broken in first set. Nadal was not playing his best IMO but Nole definitely played better than vs Wawrinka.

And for Fish, I watched the first set and skipped most of the 2nd set. Federer seemed not to care at all and definitely not moving well. (much much worse than his AO SF vs Nole) Although Fish played very good during the tournament but if Nole doesn't underestimate him tomorrow.................

PennyThePenguin
03-23-2008, 10:49 AM
me :hearts: the puppy!!!!

:woohoo: saw the results on my way back from the crematorium GOOOOO NOVAKITO!!!!!

and PS: evie, i'm jealous you've got all the secret easter eggs :sad:

*Ljubica*
03-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Fish scares me :unsure: He was awesome against Nalbandian and Federer - though Roger was surely not at his best for whatever reason :shrug: He will go into tonight's match full of confidence with nothing to lose and all the crowd support - I hope Nole can overcome all this to take the title tonight- but, as you say - whatever happens, at least he has defended all his points :woohoo:

Cat123
03-23-2008, 02:18 PM
me :hearts: the puppy!!!!

:lol: The cute bad-ass puppy rules! :yeah: I hope his deathstare works against Fish. It worked when I posted the pic in a thread about JJ vs. Lindsay. Look what he did to Davenport's shoulder ;)

Cat123
03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
What idiot organised a meal out on final night when I'm actually in the same house as a TV with the channel that's actually showing the match hmm? Oh that's right, it was me. :rolleyes:

So I just popped in here to say GOOD LUCK NOLE!! I'll be rooting for you, even thouh I won't get to watch the match until the highlights tomorrow morning. :yeah: :lol:

Agassi Fan
03-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Good luck in the final! Win this title!

camnation
03-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Time to get ready for the final! Everyone excited right? Anxious? Nervous?

*Ljubica*
03-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Time to get ready for the final! Everyone excited right? Anxious? Nervous?

Terrified :eek: :lol:

Am now about to go offline and settle in front of the TV with a toasted cheese sandwich and a cup of tea (well I am English :) ) So AJDE NOLE:bounce:

savesthedizzle
03-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Come on Novak :unsure:

ataptc
03-23-2008, 10:34 PM
and PS: evie, i'm jealous you've got all the secret easter eggs :sad:
i admit i cheated a little. had to trade for two of them :o

Ajde Nole! (again, I like both players :awww: )

camnation
03-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Once again, it looks like Nole's going to have to battle the crowd as well as his opponent. :(

ataptc
03-23-2008, 10:46 PM
6-2!

camnation
03-23-2008, 10:46 PM
6-2!

:woohoo:

camnation
03-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know what happened with the fan that shouted? I couldn't hear what they were saying.

mtdashkin
03-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Did something happen right before the second game, my volume was low and they were just standing around and the crowd was cheering? Or was it nothing?

ataptc
03-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know what happened with the fan that shouted? I couldn't hear what they were saying.
Neither did I. My tv volume is low as my family's still sleeping :lol:

savesthedizzle
03-23-2008, 11:01 PM
The chair told the Serbian fans to be quiet ;) And then everyone else cheered. Apparently during Ana (and Nole's match) they tend to cheer at inappropriate times. Ana even mentioned them in her speech.

camnation
03-23-2008, 11:05 PM
The chair told the Serbian fans to be quiet ;) And then everyone else cheered. Apparently during Ana (and Nole's match) they tend to cheer at inappropriate times. Ana even mentioned them in her speech.
Okay, that makes sense. I think they assumed it was Mardy's fan, but then Nole spoke up and said it was his fan. Had to stop play and everything just to chastise a fan, haha. But the commentators for my match said it was good sportsmanship for Nole. :yeah:

ataptc
03-23-2008, 11:15 PM
4-2

ataptc
03-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Double-faulted to give back the break :o

savesthedizzle
03-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Come on Novak darling. Break him for the win :)

camnation
03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Oh no... don't get broken Nole! :unsure:

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... ......

ataptc
03-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Mardy's groundstrokes in that last game :eek:

camnation
03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Damn it, lost the second set.

Fry the Fish in the third!

ataptc
03-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Lost the second 5-7

Bj÷rki
03-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Novak :help:

savesthedizzle
03-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Novak I'm pissed off at you.

camnation
03-23-2008, 11:45 PM
3 aces in a row to dig himself out of 0-40! There's hope!

Bj÷rki
03-23-2008, 11:46 PM
he saved 3 BP :D

adv Nole

camnation
03-23-2008, 11:50 PM
He breaks! He breaks!! 2-0!!! :worship:

Bj÷rki
03-23-2008, 11:50 PM
*2-0 :d

Bj÷rki
03-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Nole 4-1*

savesthedizzle
03-24-2008, 12:05 AM
4*-2

If he gets broken here, which I think he will, I will be pissed.

gambit84
03-24-2008, 12:09 AM
great determination but not a good tennis for him :o

savesthedizzle
03-24-2008, 12:10 AM
5-2*

break him for it novak. i sure don't trust you to serve it out whatsoever.

camnation
03-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Match point... yes!!!!

Edit: Okayy... 2 more left!

ataptc
03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
:banana: :banana:

Bj÷rki
03-24-2008, 12:18 AM
:woohoo: well done Nole :)

camnation
03-24-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm so happy I could cry.

Spes
03-24-2008, 12:30 AM
NOLE! :hearts:

Great win, although he didn't really play that well in the final. Good enough to get the job done. Now head to Miami and get ready to defend your title. :yeah:

uglyamerican
03-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Not the best level of play ever, but impressive mentally. Those 4 big serves in a row at 0-40 in the first game of the third were massive.

Happy Easter to those in the west!

savesthedizzle
03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
:rocker2:

jeahhh!
03-24-2008, 01:10 AM

Saumon
03-24-2008, 01:14 AM
It is so weird for me to support a player somewhat consistant. :scared: :D

I hope there will be a Nole and Ana photoshoot. :inlove:

Lee
03-24-2008, 01:16 AM
:lol: He was nervous. But his mental toughness came thru and pulled himself together at 0-40 in his first service game in final set.

I have more confident on him them himself today. Although I saw him losing the 3rd set, him losing the match never crossed my mind.

CONGRATULATION NOLE!

Jelena_78
03-24-2008, 01:18 AM

'87-ers rule :rocker2::rocker2:

Medina
03-24-2008, 01:19 AM

Grats Nole :bowdown:

he servd so great :O

but too many dropshot's ;)

Lee
03-24-2008, 01:20 AM
This is just sooooooooo cute

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/56/fullj.3f8e156c9ecfde13b44d4112b38e2f97/3f8e156c9ecfde13b44d4112b38e2f97-getty-tennis-atp-djokovic-fish.jpg

Jelena_78
03-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah, that was really nice! :)

savesthedizzle
03-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Mardy is a pretty fun guy with a decent sense of humour so I'd imagine him and Novak to get along pretty well off the court ;)

At Cincinnati a few years ago even Mardy was joking around with Novak while Novak was practicing with someone else. I think he was playing a practice set with Clement :p Anyway, so I'm not surprised there was a nice embrace :D We all know Novak is a hugger :p

jeahhh!
03-24-2008, 01:51 AM
This managed to almost make me laugh, so I figured I would post it :p

http://bestsmileys.com/fish/10.gif

Lee
03-24-2008, 01:54 AM
:rolls: Aimee

neenah
03-24-2008, 02:43 AM
Nole. :)

belco
03-24-2008, 03:19 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

jennyian
03-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Congrats NolÚ! :)

get ready for Miami next week!

:D

ataptc
03-24-2008, 04:01 AM

'87-ers rule :rocker2::rocker2:

that includes me :kiss:

:lol:

CassL
03-24-2008, 04:11 AM
Congrats, Nole! Title #2 this yr with many more to come. :worship: I love that he's so consistent as opposed to my other faves.

Scotso
03-24-2008, 04:39 AM
So happy for our Nolebear. :banana:

Another title, another step closer to #1. :yeah:

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
It was too late for me to come online after the match last night........... but never too late to say CONGRATS NOLE :bounce:

About the incident with the guy shouting out in the crowd......... according to our commentators, the crowd were cheering Nole, because Fish had already started his service action when the guy shouted out, but Nole let him start it all again (in effect gave Fish a "free" serve), because it was the Serbian fans that had disturbed the play. The Umpire had a word with them after this incident. So once again Nole showing what a sporting, decent guy he is, despite what the morons in GM say :rolleyes:

Novak Dj
03-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Great! Good luck in Miami.

PennyThePenguin
03-24-2008, 01:21 PM
WOOOOOT NOVAKITO!!!! that's our boy!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

i admit i cheated a little. had to trade for two of them :o

Ajde Nole! (again, I like both players :awww: )

ooooohhh..wanna trade me? though I think I have nothing to trade you with :o

Sean.J.S.
03-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Congrats, Nole. :worship:

Cat123
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Just watched the highlights. That was close, so relieved Novak managed to win in the end, but if Fish had just made more 1st serves the scoreline would be very different. I worry a bit now about his ability to defend his Miami title. :unsure:

Nole, prove me wrong!!! :yeah:

ataptc
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM
ooooohhh..wanna trade me? though I think I have nothing to trade you with :o
sorry i'm keeping them all :angel:

PennyThePenguin
03-24-2008, 03:48 PM
sorry i'm keeping them all :angel:

:awww: wokeej.

Jelena_78
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
that includes me :kiss:

:lol:

:yippee: :kiss:

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Some nice words from Mardy in his Press Conference after the Final. I borrowed it from the whole interview which is posted here in in Mardy's Forum:-

Q. A lot of guys have good games for the surface, given the way people are playing today and stuff, but are there special things about his (Nole's) game that stand out and strike you as being particularly difficult to play?

MARDY FISH: Well, he's a big guy and he serves well and he just moves so well. You know, he defends -- he can defend with the best of them, and he slides like a clay courter out there on a clay court, and, you know, in the forehand and on the backhand and he can change direction on any ball. He's got great hands from the baseline. He can unload on the forehand whenever he wants, and then he can just tighten the screws up on you and not miss at all. He can play all different styles of play, can play on grass. He can play on clay. He can play on slow and fast hardcourts, and he's going to be here for a while.

peteslamz
03-24-2008, 05:45 PM
It seems like Nole enjoyed his stay at L.A. this week. After his Indian Wells win, he watched the match between Lakers and Golden State Warriors. He was even interviewed by the courtside reporter. It was nice that he is slowly being recognized in the U.S.

amdany
03-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm late but yay, congrats Nole:bounce::bounce:

Agassi Fan
03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Well done Nole!

Alex999
03-25-2008, 01:08 AM
I love this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQvxbAHPSs

aeronatasha
03-25-2008, 02:32 AM

Lee
03-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Are we keep sticking threads where Nole won the tournament? ;)

savesthedizzle
03-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Are we keep sticking threads where Nole won the tournament? ;)

I was considering it :rolls:

Until it gets too crowded ;)

ataptc
03-25-2008, 04:24 AM
I wanted to ask that too :lol:

Lee
03-25-2008, 04:27 AM
I was considering it :rolls:

Until it gets too crowded ;)

I hope we need a big clean up before Wimbledon. :angel:

savesthedizzle
03-25-2008, 04:33 AM
I hope we need a big clean up before Wimbledon. :angel:

Oh yes.

By then we will have threads for Monte Carlo, Rome, Hamburg and Roland Garros getting in the way :)

Saumon
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
We can let Hamburg to someone else. But we wan't to keep Miami, don't we? :angel:

kirkicica
03-25-2008, 04:56 PM
We can let Hamburg to someone else. But we wan't to keep Miami, don't we? :angel:

Agreed!

and btw. I'm so busy these days, that I never had a chance to come online and celebrate the title :sad:

Jelena_78
03-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Agreed!

and btw. I'm so busy these days, that I never had a chance to come online and celebrate the title :sad:

:hug: