* Who Are Your 3 Favo Tennisplayers & Why ?! * [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

* Who Are Your 3 Favo Tennisplayers & Why ?! *

Micca
06-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey guys! Just out of curiosity, I wanted you to ask: who are you 3 favorite tennisplayers and why? I started this a little bit in the thread: delicious Coria on pictures!!!! But they advised me to start it somewhere else, so...here it is ;):p So tell me :p I'll teel mine first:
1. Guillermo Coria ['Cuz he's really good and raelly cute!! ;):D:inlove:]
2. Tim Henman [He's also very good and when he's not playing against Guille I'm for him ;)]
3. Martin Verkerk [He's a very good dutch tennisplayer and he smashes every serve with 200 km/h (STANDARD) over the net :D Very cool! :D]

star
06-22-2004, 05:27 PM
My top two favorites are:

1. Guga Reasons are obvious, I think. :angel:
2. Guille I like Guille a lot but Guga will be my favorite until he doesn't play anymore. I love Guille's game. I loved it from the first time I saw him play. I fell in love with Guga's game in the same way.

After that I have a bunch of players that I like pretty much the same, but I like them quite a lot. Andy, Lleyton, Swedish players (but PimPim and Jonas best)

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 05:51 PM
1) Roger Federer, I love his game, and he's a great person as well
2) Guillermo Coria, he's just lovely. He already was my 2nd fav, but I like him even more since last saturday
then there are many more players I like, by example Clement, Kuerten and Ivanisevic

iloveguille
06-22-2004, 05:52 PM
1. Guille
2. Guille
3. and Guille!

Seriously...1. Guille (because HE IS the REASON I watch tennis! Love everything about him)
2. Nadal (so inspiring. I can see him as No. 1 player one day)
3. Paradorn Srichaphan (same country with me...nice smile and a nice gentleman!)

El Mago jr.
06-22-2004, 06:16 PM
So iloveguille, U'r from Thailand then...I've been wondering where did u came from
And now I have discovered...:clap2:
btw, I had asked u in da "pray for rain" thread where R U from but U didn't reply :sad:
So now I knew where R U from :lol:

Micca
06-22-2004, 06:17 PM
iloveguille, your reason for watching tennis: I COULDNT AGREE MORE! ;) I watch tennis because I like it, but THATS ONE HELL OF A REASON!!! :D:D:D :yeah:

iloveguille
06-22-2004, 06:21 PM
El Mago jr, didn't go back in 'pray for rain' so didn't see your question. Do you play tennis?

Guille's Girl
06-22-2004, 06:38 PM
1. I won't have time for the other 2...Guille. Why? Pfft, well hell, he's the strongest, most dedicated, devoted and determined player in the whole frickin' circuit. He maintains what he does without taking any kind of supplements and that's like-...wow. He works off his own strenght alone for cryin' out loud. He's been through hell and back to achieve so much. The kid never backs down from a fight and never gives up. Die hard I swear. Plus he's hot :inlove:

iloveguille
06-22-2004, 06:41 PM
MiCca, I don't think I missed his matches (if televised, that is) since Monte Carlo last year. If I travel, I ask someone to tape the matches for me. Also have his picture with his autograph so I can see every morning when I wake up...Talking about crazyyyyyyyyyyy, huh?

Jazzy
06-23-2004, 05:44 AM
yeh, ur right there iloveguille, u are crazy lol :lol:

-it's hard for me to say who is my favourite player!!

but guille's up there, with JCF

donno who to choose!

there both good!

El Mago jr.
06-23-2004, 08:53 AM
El Mago jr, didn't go back in 'pray for rain' so didn't see your question. Do you play tennis?

yeah sometimes I do play....
but I enjoyed watching it on tv even more especially when Guille's playin':rocker2:

gina_
06-23-2004, 09:48 AM
1. Lleyton Hewitt: Lleyton was the player who got me interested in tennis. I still love his style of play- he's intense, fiercely competitive and there's always a kind of whip to his strokes that are just awesome to watch. He's got such mental strength and courage and there's just so much passion in him. He never has a boring match.

2. Juan Carlos Ferrero: Juanqui is just so nice. He's humble, sweet, loving, understated and such a fighter. He runs his socks off, he's kind to everyone around him and he has a real kind of quiet dignity. I remember when he lost to roddick at the US open finals and his eyes were moist and so sad but he was so dignified in defeat. Thats something I really admired about Juanqui; he's got such a good heart. And of course his cross court strokes are wonderful!

3. Guillermo Coria: Guillermo is just perfect. I mean he's not perfect, he has his flaws, but his flaws are so part of him that they do seem perfect to me. He's sucha lovely person, so open, honest and simple. He's not all interested in glitz or the fame game. He's so incredibly sweet to his family, his wife, his fans. I love his persistance on court and how he goes for every ball. I love that he plays on surfaces he's bad in and how he never ever stops trying. On court, he's stubborn and intense and acts stupid but you know...that's whats endearing to me about Guille. He just doesn't give up. And of course, his strokes are so inventive and he's so quick, he amazes me all the time! And not to mention that wicked drop shot and trickiness to his game.

That was long but in tennis- you win some, you lose some. And so personality comes into a big factor of the game...and after a while I still admire their tennis skills but a part of them kinda grows on me too because they're really nice people. Personality is what makes me a fan of these 3 players; i can admire other players but my heart, my passion and soul goes to these 3. :)

Washa Koroleva
06-23-2004, 10:50 AM
1. Guille ;) Reason: All your Arguments in one :p (my prince of Tennis)
2. Guga Reason: He's an awesome player, who I learned to like because of my mother, who's fave player Guga is. I love Brasil! (Is that a reason?) And he has this very lovely Tatoo... :D
3. cannot decide... I have to choose between Mr. Henman and Mr. Federer...
ok, 3. Federer
4. would be Henman then :devil:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Agassi Fan
06-23-2004, 10:56 AM
1. Andre Agassi: He is the best! :-)
2. Tommy Haas
3. Guillermo Coria

tennyfan
06-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Rafter - still in mourning over his retirement
Agassi - Plays with his heart. Love the way he thinks through each game.
Coria - Same as Agassi. Plays with his heart, dissects his opponent and exposes his weakness, love his competitive spirit and how he never gives up.

Guille's Girl
06-23-2004, 03:47 PM
1. Lleyton Hewitt: Lleyton was the player who got me interested in tennis. I still love his style of play- he's intense, fiercely competitive and there's always a kind of whip to his strokes that are just awesome to watch. He's got such mental strength and courage and there's just so much passion in him. He never has a boring match.

I used to feel that way about Lleyton. But I dunno, he's not as fiery as he was before. I think it was after he tried to sue the ATP over some interview something BS, whatever. I mean, you still get the occasional "c'mon!" or "C'mon mate!" but it's been a while since I've heard the infamous "C'MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!" What was up with that match vs. Gaudio in the simis of RG? Where the hell was he? Obviously not on the court :rolleyes: but I still like him :yeah: He's definitely in my top 10 of fav players.

MissPovaFan
06-23-2004, 03:50 PM
I love the "CMON" its great I think :D

Guille's Girl
06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
I like the "C'mon mate!" :p

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-24-2004, 04:51 AM
1) Coria - i absolutely adore his determination and passion for the game....makes me want to root for him so much more! hez also pretty cute and has a greaatttttttt body :D

2) Safin - besides the obvious fact that he is so incredibly hott, he makes the game more entertaining, you never know what you're gonna get from him...[sometimes its a lil frustrating though!!] but also, he is such a character! [especially with his lil incident at RG and pulling his pants down :p]

3) Henman - i love his serve and volley game, its so amazing how well he can volley! i also think he is cute [aside from the teeth ;)]

Guille's Girl
06-24-2004, 05:09 AM
Henman! :bounce: Ok kinda weird I guess but I like him too :D I call him "Hennessy" :p hehe. Marat is Sam.

gina_
06-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Oh yea, Lleyton just has got the whole neversaydie, throwmewhatyouhave, spirited attitude. Guille reminds me a little of him, actually. Just a little milder.

Micca
06-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Hey GG, why do you call Henman hennessy?? ;) Like the name, but whats the reason?? :p

Guille's Girl
06-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey GG, why do you call Henman hennessy?? ;) Like the name, but whats the reason?? :p

Hennessy is a hard liquor beverage ofter mixed with another liquor called Hipnotic. Not that I've ever drank the stuff. (not even a beer :angel: ) But where I live it's popular sooooooo yeah.

As for "Sam" for Marat: Safin, Marat. :p

kandykane
06-24-2004, 04:31 PM
1. Guille, duh! as for why, i don't think there's much i can say, u guys said it all.
2. :worship: Lleyton, he WAS my #1 until Guille caught my eyes. he's actually the one that got me into tennis, the first time i ever watched tennis was '99 davis cup finnal, and he was great there (so was mark ;) )! and i love his "Cmon"s, they really bring the spirits into a match. Then i figured out he had the same birthday as me, :p it was a good feeling, knowing that your fav player had the same bday as you.
3. ok, this is hard to decide. there's Sampras, Andre, Nadal, Tommy Haas and JC... :confused: too hard to choose

Micca
06-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Keej GG, nice thinking! :D;)
And to everybody, my number 3 in the top 3 is always difficult for me too ;) Because I like Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt, but I just chose Martin Verkerk because he's from the Netherlands :p;)

Washa Koroleva
06-24-2004, 06:36 PM
' "His shots are weird and sometimes he is inconsistent", Guille's coach Gabriel Markus said, "but hi is a dangerous player", he added. '
(www.gcoria.com)

That's another reason why he's our favourite ;)

:worship:

Micca
06-24-2004, 06:43 PM
EXACTLY!!! :D:D:D Good thinking Keira!

xOxTanyaxOx
06-26-2004, 11:53 AM
1. CORIA!! - by far is my fav. cuz he is HOT! n a very very dedicated player!! and he also wants to keep on improving his game and get better and better..until he becomes the BEST! like he said int he interview! i admire him for that..he is like my idol!!
hehe:) oh and he has long hair;)

2. safin - cuz he is soooo hot! and although he has a bad temper..there is something bout him that makes you want to watch the game more..and he strokes are just AWESOME!

3. Malisse - think he never gives up, he thinks of different ways to come around his opponent if one thing isnt working! its a good technique really! and hes HOT too! hehe. he has long hair too;)

misha
06-26-2004, 07:23 PM
above all i adore smart players, who play tennis with great determination and never give up. so that's why i'd definitely choose:
1. David Nalbandian
2. Guillermo Coria
3. probably Roger Federer

Alisa
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
1.Juan Carlos Ferrero
2.Guillermo Coria
3.Marat Safin / Lleyton Hewitt

they all show amazing tennis and each have very unusual personality. They bring their emotions, pation and energy on the court! its great!

gina_
06-27-2004, 02:19 AM
Observation: Do you think alot of Coria fans are also Ferrero fans? I've kinda noticed that.

El Mago jr.
06-27-2004, 02:24 AM
i think most of Guille's fan r also Marat's fan...:confused:

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-27-2004, 03:08 AM
i'm a fan of both Ferrero and Safin :)

kandykane
06-27-2004, 05:08 AM
i think Ferrero and Safin are both gorgeous, but not exactly a fan of them

El Mago jr.
06-27-2004, 06:38 AM
i'm a fan of both Ferrero and Safin :)

Where's JC on your list? Is he in the 4th place? :confused:

Alisa
06-27-2004, 12:58 PM
gina_, i also noticed that!! ferrero and coria fans always chat together! rather interesting...)

gina_
06-27-2004, 02:28 PM
maybe it's cos they're both cute in the same way. and they're both genuinely nice guys! <3

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Where's JC on your list? Is he in the 4th place? :confused:
yes...he is :tape:
would you like me to add him? :D

Alisa
06-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by |-Safin_Coria-|
yes...he is
would you like me to add him?

Yea! add him to the third place ;)

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Yea! add him to the third place ;)
i can't replace Tim Henman!! [mm...maybe i can..lol]
i'll add him at the end for now ;)

El Mago jr.
06-27-2004, 04:12 PM
i can't replace Tim Henman!! [mm...maybe i can..lol]
i'll add him at the end for now ;)

may b u should think again after his match against Arazi minutes ago... :rolleyes:

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-27-2004, 07:39 PM
may b u should think again after his match against Arazi minutes ago... :rolleyes:
do you mean that i should or shouldn't replace him? :confused:
all i know is that he won :D

Guille's Girl
06-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Hmm I used to like JC. Dunno what happened. I mean, I LIKED him, but I never had a fav player until I discovered Guillle! :inlove: I mean, an EXTREME fav, cuz the only player I really really really liked was Rafter. Then he retired :sad: But ya know I never liked a player simply cuz he was hot...

LubiG
06-28-2004, 01:59 AM
kandykane, i luv your signature :lol:

Well my fave players are

1- Guille (NOOO!!?? Duh...) :lol:
2- Carlos Moya. I think he's a great player and he has a unique style, not to mention he's very hot ;)
3-uhmmm.... Guille?
No, seriously i dunno who my nº3 fave player would be. I like Agustin Calleri, Ferrero and Andy Rodick, but i can't choose between them.

El Mago jr.
06-28-2004, 08:21 AM
do you mean that i should or shouldn't replace him? :confused:
all i know is that he won :D

i think that Tiger Tim can b at number 3 on your list for now until JC win something...I hope ... :worship:
(just my opinion) :D

mordicus18
06-28-2004, 06:45 PM
the 1st for me : guillermo coria :p (coz I've begun to be interesting in tennis(players ;)) since I've seen him for the first time at RG 2003, and coz I think (and I'm not the only one) he one of the best tennisplayer at the moment (and he IS the best on clay at the moment, the reporters said it at RG 2004), and, at the same time, coz he's one of the cutest guys I've ever seen :rolleyes: )
the 2nd(s) for me : agassi/nadal (it is hard for me to make a choice because agassi was the only one player I knew the name some years ago, and cause he is a good player, and nadal, cause he's a good player too, and cause he's good looking :rolleyes:, he can beacome one of the best players of the world)
the 3rd for me : paul-henry mathieu (because he's french :devil: :D, and one of the best french tennisplayers :wavey:, and he plays in my town :cool:, he's part of the local club (that's what he says, but I've never seen him).

:devil: mordicus :devil:

P.S. : I'm sorry, I haven't gone on the forum during 2 or 3 weeks cause I had some pbs with my computer (it didn't want to let me go on the web :( ) but now it's ok (except winamp, it stills be hill :p ).

Micca
06-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Don't worry! My computer crashes every time! On the most stupid moments! and than I can't come to the forum for a day or 3...And that''s really NOT handy 'cuz when you come back you missed a LOT of things! and than you have to react later...That's so stupid!
But thanks for your vote ;) :rolls:

mordicus18
06-30-2004, 10:51 PM
gna gna gna... when I came back, I've read ALL your messages !! it was long but as I don't understand english well, I have only see the longest msgs and read the others ;)
and now I've Eurosport channel, I have heard on it news about guille :rolleyes:
and my computer is not ok as well, coz winamp don't want to run again :( :( stupid winamp !!
:devil: mordicus :devil:

LubiG
06-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Oooh that winamp pisses me off!! I dunno who he thinks he is.... :rolleyes:

Micca
07-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Whats winamp?? :p

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Whats winamp?? :p
winamp is a program that plays music

Micca
07-01-2004, 01:49 PM
ok :p ThnQ ;)

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
ok :p ThnQ ;)
anytime :)

Micca
07-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Ok! Nice to know that ;)!

LubiG
07-02-2004, 01:19 AM
I had to delete winamp and kazaa.... because of the viruses =(

Micca
07-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Aaah! That's not fair! My father installed a program that protects our computer from viruses and stuff :) Thank GOD! Because all of the things I hear...It's not good...Good luck, LubiG :hug:

LubiG
07-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Thank you! :wavey:
Viruses do suck... :rolleyes: I think i have one right now

spikeys_girl
07-03-2004, 10:52 AM
1. Nalbandian - coz hes a great player and hes very talented.
2. Roddick - coz i love his game.
3. Coria - coz its really nice watching him play... except when he starts doing weird things.. for example in the french open. lol

Micca
07-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Thank you! :wavey:
Viruses do suck... :rolleyes: I think i have one right now

Good luck with that too! Hope ya don't have one!! :)

Ferrero Forever
07-03-2004, 01:09 PM
1,2, and 3, JUAN CARLOS FERRERO because he's just so perfect. He's the hottest guy ever, he's very humble, he's a great player, he's been number 1 in the world before, he can play on all surfaces, especially clay, the words he uses for interviews (you know, tennistically, tennis it like this etc.) and just everything else about him

if i had to choose a second and third player it would be federer because he's a really great player, and i dont know why, but i like coria as well. I also like romirez-hidalgo and ancic

Micca
07-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Hahaha, ok! Nice to know that you're fan of JC Ferrero, but three the same isn't what I meant...Of course I wanna say GUILLERMO CORIA GUILLERMO CORIA GUILLERMO CORIA! But that's not why I started the thread ;) Hahahaha, what's really your top 3? :)

Ferrero Forever
07-03-2004, 01:21 PM
JC is my favourite, federer is 2 and coria 3, but i thought i wrote it on my last post

Micca
07-03-2004, 01:31 PM
OH I'M SORRY!!!! I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT!!! Really sorry :o!!!

LubiG
07-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Thanks Micca, i think the evil virus did go away after all :D

Micca
07-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Well thank GOD that the :devil: evil :devil: virus is gone! :D And if it wasn't...I would scare it away MYSELF! :p Hahaha ;)

esther
07-04-2004, 05:35 AM
1 and 2: Arnaud and Seb. Cant split them so NEVER ask me to choose who i love more lol. ARNAUD...he's the cutiest guy ever...he can be such a baby (sometimes a drama queen like guille can be) but is definitely a fighter and his accent is the funniest thing u will ever hear. He's so quick and because he's not powerful he has to use everything else he has to win over an opponent. and he's SOOOOOO CYUUUTEEE!! SEB...Apart from his down to earth, sweet personally...and that he's so unbelievably charming...he's SUCH a nice guy and is really really sweet...apart from all that, when he's in form he's one of the top players in the world. He is SUCH a flashy player...he will pull off shots most players wouldnt dream of attempting and his speed is incredible. He's exciting to watch and all he needs is a bit more self belief and he'll win a grand slam before he retires.

3: Guille/JC Ferrero. Guille is a flashy player like seb, but everyone here knows he never gives up, he's a fighter and a joy to watch. And look at that face!!! JC Ferrero...he earnt that number one spot in the world and even tho he's gone off form lately he'll be back soon. Hes sooo humble and shy and stunning of course.

Micca
07-14-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm sure we haven't had all of them ;) I just wanted to bring this forum up again ;):p

Corinna
07-14-2004, 09:28 PM
1) Ferrero
2) Coria
3) Volandri
they're all so cut

Corinna
07-14-2004, 09:28 PM
1) Ferrero
2) Coria
3) Volandri
they're all so cute!

Micca
07-14-2004, 09:31 PM
I like your avantar Corinna (although Im not a big fan of JC ;))

mordicus18
07-14-2004, 09:37 PM
1) Guillermo Coria
2) Rafael Nadal
3) I'm not sure : Andre Agassi or Paul-Henri Mathieu

Micca
07-14-2004, 09:39 PM
OMG Mordicus! You didnt even give up your top 3???? :eek: Hahahaha, glad you did now! ;)

mordicus18
07-14-2004, 09:47 PM
I've even written it, but now it's different ;)