Rafa in IW 2008 - SF and 2 good wins :yeah: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa in IW 2008 - SF and 2 good wins :yeah:

Pages : [1] 2

Metis
03-06-2008, 07:50 PM
It's been a ...great season so far for Rafa :lol: and the best is yet to come! In other words it's time to stop horsing around and get to work to defend all those valuable points :armed:

So what do you all think? In which round will Rafa lose in this tournament (if he is to lose)?
Those to guess correctly will get... well nothing really, just the satisfaction of telling everyone else "I told you so :ras:"

:shrug:

In which round is Rafa going to lose?

1st - (Bye) Blaze-2004, hra87 :lol:
2nd - yana, l_mac
3rd - dulkogi, hra87
4th - scarecrows, mimi, Naide
QF - Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn
SF - tennizen, cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74
F - Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, tennizen
W - l_mac :spit:, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro, Blaze-2004

in bold font: predictions after the draw came out.

yana, l_mac, dulkogi, hra87, scarecrows, mimi, Naide, Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn, Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, tennizen, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro, Blaze-2004 :ras:

Congrats to the winners:
cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74 :aparty:

:mad:

Sunset of Age
03-06-2008, 07:52 PM
So what do you all think? In which round will Rafa lose in this tournament (if he is to lose)?
Those to guess correctly will get... well nothing really, just the satisfaction of telling everyone else "I told you so :ras:"

Ah, new tournament, new hope, new thread! :D

As for this quiz - I don't think it's reasonable to think that he will be able to defend all his points here (nor in Miami) - but if he makes it to the quarters I'll be okay with that. Should he get ever further, even better!

A lot depends on the draw, of course. We'll have to wait and see before making any predictions...

tennizen
03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Let me bold and wildly optimistic for no reason at all and say he will reach the semi's here.

acionescu
03-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Let me bold and wildly optimistic for no reason at all and say he will reach the semi's here.

Are you for real? :hug:

yana
03-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Second round if he meets some 234 ranked player

Sunset of Age
03-06-2008, 08:03 PM

That's the spirit! :hug:

scarecrows
03-06-2008, 08:04 PM
4th round :wavey:

acionescu
03-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Second round if he meets some 234 ranked player

Does he have a bye in the 1st round? In this style, even bye shall be a threat! :scared:

Getta
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh dear. What is Genci doing here? :eek:

Do you mean QFs? Or SFs because the seeded players have a bye in the first round?

Sunset of Age
03-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Does he have a bye in the 1st round? In this style, even bye shall be a threat! :scared:

As far as I know, yes, he indeed has a bye the first round. :lol: btw.

scarecrows
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh dear. What is Genci doing here? :eek:

Do you mean QFs? Or SFs because the seeded players have a bye in the first round?

i just wanted to play the game

128 draw with 32 seeds that have a bye in 1st round, 4th round is before the quarters

Metis
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM

:ras: You need to be a registered Rafatard to participate. Shall I put your name down as a new member? :D

Getta
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
i just wanted to play the game

128 draw with 32 seeds that have a bye in 1st round, 4th round is before the quarters

I was joking, Genci.

As for the draw, you're right. I didn't know that it's a 128 draw with 32 seeds. :o

Metis
03-06-2008, 09:25 PM
let's all remember the good old days...

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/CG_Brouwer/RafaelNadal/IndianWells2.jpg :lol:

so far we have

PREDICTIONS BEFORE THE DRAW:

1st - Bye
2nd - yana
3rd -
4th - scarecrows
QF - Metis
SF - tennizen
F -
W -

l_mac
03-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Champion! :woohoo:

Lovely pic, Metis.

Metis
03-06-2008, 10:32 PM
:lol: I knew that photo would make people more optimistic. :p

Johnny Groove
03-06-2008, 10:50 PM
He will lose first round

hra87
03-07-2008, 12:43 AM
He will lose first round

He is no match against the almighty bye. The poor guy is just due for a W.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
03-07-2008, 04:10 AM
:ras: You need to be a registered Rafatard to participate. Shall I put your name down as a new member? :D

In the finals.

Foxy
03-07-2008, 07:45 AM
My prediction:
He will do quite well here if he is not injured. I give him a FINAL. He has always played better in IW. 2006 SF, 2007 Winner. The court suits his game - not fast enough, high ball bouncing. Weather suits him. Hot dry climate. I have no reason to believe he will lose early. He lost the previous year in QF in Dubai too and then won IW. The draw however will be the key factor. And losing early in Dubai may give him some more time to adapt and to rediscover him form.

In fact Rafa defended absolutely all points up until IW from the prevoius year even he added some more.
If he loses early before QF or SF we should worry.

Xristos
03-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Qf.

Mimi
03-07-2008, 08:19 AM
i think he will only wini 2 rounds maximum :scared:

MariaV
03-07-2008, 08:31 AM
He is no match against the almighty bye. The poor guy is just due for a W.

You never know with this Bye. :awww:
I'm not gonna predict anything yet. :lol:

Metis
03-07-2008, 02:59 PM
update :)

2nd - yana
3rd -
4th - scarecrows, mimi
QF - Metis, Xristos
SF - tennizen
F - Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954
W - l_mac :spit:

cmurray
03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm with Hema. I say semifinals. :shrug: I'm feeling optimistic today.

Doesn't matter. That idiot Clay Death has sealed in Roger's victory with the "who will take Roger out" poll.

l_mac
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm with Hema. I say semifinals. :shrug: I'm feeling optimistic today.

Doesn't matter. That idiot Clay Death has sealed in Roger's victory with the "who will take Roger out" poll.

Yeah, I saw that thread. He's got to be a double account Fedtard.

Aenea
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Put my nickname against W.

Getta
03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Rafa should have no problems reaching the quarters. :shrug:

Anything above that is a bonus.

GuiroNl
03-07-2008, 07:56 PM
QF at best but of course I would be very happy if he gets more out of it.

Bug
03-07-2008, 09:25 PM
He'll win!!
I believe!! ;)

cmurray
03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
He'll win!!
I believe!! ;)

aww. :hug: That's very sweet. :)

The Pro
03-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes. I BELIEVE IN HIM TOO.

Put me down for the win! I BELIEVE Rafa has had enough of losing, it's for mere mortals anyhow.

Mark my words. :p

raven gypsy
03-08-2008, 01:22 PM
If it hasn't been posted here yet - from the PL website:

2008 Qualifying Draws To Be Posted Sunday, March 9 (WTA) and Tuesday, March 10
2008 Main Draws To Be Posted Monday, March 10 (WTA) and Tuesday, March 11 (ATP)

*puts colored glasses on*
he pulled it together in time for IW last year

*closes eyes and crosses fingers*
I'm hoping for W, but I'd settle for SF.

Metis
03-08-2008, 02:17 PM
time for another update :)

2nd - yana
3rd -
4th - scarecrows, mimi
QF - Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI
SF - tennizen, cmurray, raven_gypsy
F - Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954
W - l_mac :spit:, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro

I like the optimism :yeah:

Clay Death
03-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Yes. I BELIEVE IN HIM TOO.

Put me down for the win! I BELIEVE Rafa has had enough of losing, it's for mere mortals anyhow.

Mark my words. :p

i like the spirit but unfortunately he has allowed his overall game to drop too much and in all 3 critical areas---the the movement, the serve, and the return of serve. his movement is a function of his fitness and flexibility. he has suffered some casualties there as well.

he really should have hit the south american clay circuit so he could at least get his ground game tuned up. he has little or no confidence off the ground either at the moment.

in short, he is fucking up big time and it is costing him. still no title since last july. there is no way he is going to pull it off in Indian Wells or in Miami. i am just hoping that he makes the quarters in both and escapes without any injuries. its time to start getting ready for the clay circuit. hopefully he will have learned his lesson and he will avoid going to rotterdam and dubai and head to south america instead next year.

way too much is riding on the clay circuit for him. he basically has to win every single tournament which means every single match. quite frankly, its not going to be easy this time. i pray like hell that i am wrong.

Foxy
03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS9_ngRLctY

I want to bring some winning IW spirit into this thread. Cheerz! :bounce:

Clay Death
03-09-2008, 04:25 PM

i saw that match. he was fit and moving well. in addition, he was solid off the ground and particularly assault minded. he just took djokovic apart in the first set and coasted home for the title in the second.

semis was good too where he just demolished Roddick. he needs to find that form somehow before heading into the clay circuit.

MariaV
03-09-2008, 04:27 PM
ClayD, so are you R=FK or not? :scratch:

Johnny Groove
03-09-2008, 05:11 PM
When we seriously think about it, his 2008 results (for a claycourter on hardcourts) isnt that bad.

Lost in Chennia final to Misha, a much better hard court player than him.

Lost in AO to Tsonga, who was en fuego, like Gonzalez in 07.

Let's throw out the Seppi loss :p

And Lost to Roddick, a player who has won a hard court slam, been ranked #1, is currently 6, who went on to win the title.

This is all on his least fave surface.

I mean, i dont see Roddick playing in Buenos Aires. I dont see Volandri playing indoors in Memphis or SJ, etc. etc. etc.

For a player on his worst surface, not too shabby.

But he should play more clay :devil:

Clay Death
03-09-2008, 05:31 PM
ClayD, so are you R=FK or not? :scratch:

no. rfk has joind t4u. i have talked to him there. he seems like a reasonable person to me.

i am Hercules at t4u.

Johnny Groove
03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
no. rfk has joind t4u. i have talked to him there. he seems like a reasonable person to me.

i am Hercules at t4u.

So now you suddenly know who RFK is :rolleyes:

Before, you denied it heavily

Clay Death
03-09-2008, 05:36 PM
When we seriously think about it, his 2008 results (for a claycourter on hardcourts) isnt that bad.

And Lost to Roddick, a player who has won a hard court slam, been ranked #1, is currently 6, who went on to win the title.

I mean, i dont see Roddick playing in Buenos Aires. I dont see Volandri playing indoors in Memphis or SJ, etc. etc. etc.

i hear you. i am just worried. the form is just not there and neither is fitness and his usual movement. he is nothing without his fitness and accordingly his movement.

also the fighting spirit seems to be absent. even now he is screwing around in Mallorca when he really should have left for Indian Wells straight from Dubai.

he will try to play doubles to to quickly get acclimated to the conditions and the courts. that is just not working out. no less than 500 points are at stake and he is fucking around in Mallorca.

i am just not believing what i am seeing. he could have already taken over the #1 spot. just too stupid to know how to do it.

mallorn
03-09-2008, 05:48 PM

i am Hercules at t4u.
:spit: Oh it's a dead giveaway. :lol:

I want to see the draw before I guess. :p

Clay Death
03-09-2008, 05:50 PM
:spit: Oh it's a dead giveaway. :lol:

i dont understand. whats a dead giveaway? why not visit that site--t4u--and check for yourself. rfk is rfk there and i am Hercules.

that should settle it.

mallorn
03-09-2008, 05:59 PM
i dont understand. whats a dead giveaway? why not visit that site--t4u--and check for yourself. rfk is rfk there and i am Hercules.

that should settle it.
No one other than RFK could possibly consider him reasonable. :lol:

As if creating multiple accounts has ever been a problem.

MariaV
03-09-2008, 06:55 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: @ the convo here.

I just wonder why the ClayD account hasn't STILL been banned here.

l_mac
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Is Rafa in Mallorca??

:tape: :tape: :retard: :retard:

Castafiore
03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Are you asking or confirming?

No idea about his schedule. When did he go to the US last year?

l_mac
03-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Are you asking or confirming?

No idea about his schedule. When did he go to the US last year?

Asking. I foolishly assumed he would go straight to IW. Maybe he is taking the chance to be at home while he can. I suppose he will be very busy the next few months (hopefully)

Great to see my most favourite new Rafa "fan" posting here.

Castafiore
03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Maybe he is taking the chance to be at home while he can. I suppose he will be very busy the next few months (hopefully)
Sorry, can't help. Indeed, I assume he's spending a couple of days home right before his schedule makes it next to impossible to do so.

mallorn
03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
^^ I checked on VB. Last year he went there on Tuesday, the day of the draw. So maybe this year he'll do the same.

Metis
03-09-2008, 10:50 PM

:awww:

Memries, :music:
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we? :sobbing:

That highlights video sure cheered me up :lol:

:yeah: Now this cheered me up! :D

:mad: you can change your guess after the draw comes out

Clay Death
03-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Asking. I foolishly assumed he would go straight to IW. Maybe he is taking the chance to be at home while he can. I suppose he will be very busy the next few months (hopefully)

Great to see my most favourite new Rafa "fan" posting here.

thanks for the welcome. i am still not very happy with him. way too much good life and fucking around.

he could have occupied the #1 spot already. just decided that golfing and fishing was much easier to do.

Getta
03-10-2008, 02:58 AM
thanks for the welcome. i am still not very happy with him. way too much good life and fucking around.

he could have occupied the #1 spot already. just decided that golfing and fishing was much easier to do.

Has ever crossed your mind that perhaps golfing and fishing are the "silly" things that helped him to reach the #2 spot?

Clay Death
03-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Has ever crossed your mind that perhaps golfing and fishing are the "silly" things that helped him to reach the #2 spot?

ok so he reached #2. is he now to rest on his laurels for the rest of his life.

he readily admits that the field is gaining on him fast. why the hell is it that they are all improving except him. i have seen no improvement in his overall game in 2 years.

all nadal fans want him to be #1 and they all desperately want him to improve. he is getting some help from Fed so this was a great time to strike except that he cant.

watch and learn. the trend in his game is decidedly downward. there is hardly anybody rational around who is expecting him to do well in indian wells and in miami.

my biggest concern is that he will be affected by the improved field and his own failure to improve even on clay this year. it is just going to take a bigger bite out of him. he failed to keep up and at least make the game little easier for himself.

i am just praying that he can win in rome and at roland garros. that is the extent of my expectations from him on clay this year.

as for next year, he has to come back much stronger and try to create a little distance between himself and the rest of the field. it will be no fun seeing rafa out of the top 5 if he doesnt do something. at the current rate, he could drop out of top 5 next year.

tennizen
03-10-2008, 01:08 PM
ok so he reached #2. is he now to rest on his laurels for the rest of his life.

he readily admits that the field is gaining on him fast. why the hell is it that they are all improving except him. i have seen no improvement in his overall game in 2 years.

all nadal fans want him to be #1 and they all desperately want him to improve. he is getting some help from Fed so this was a great time to strike except that he cant.

watch and learn. the trend in his game is decidedly downward. there is hardly anybody rational around who is expecting him to do well in indian wells and in miami.

my biggest concern is that he will be affected by the improved field and his own failure to improve even on clay this year. it is just going to take a bigger bite out of him. he failed to keep up and at least make the game little easier for himself.

i am just praying that he can win in rome and at roland garros. that is the extent of my expectations from him on clay this year.

as for next year, he has to come back much stronger and try to create a little distance between himself and the rest of the field. it will be no fun seeing rafa out of the top 5 if he doesnt do something. at the current rate, he could drop out of top 5 next year.

He couldn't care less what his fans want. And all Nadal fans aren't really dying for him to be #1.

mallorn
03-10-2008, 01:15 PM
:mad: you can change your guess after the draw comes out
OK... QF?

MariaV
03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Booooooo a QF exit would be so depressing. :( :awww:
I am being bold and predict a semi final. :)

For me much more important than Rafa getting to the No 1 spot would be him winning Wimbledon one day. :p

Clay Death
03-10-2008, 07:22 PM
He couldn't care less what his fans want. And all Nadal fans aren't really dying for him to be #1.

that indian heat has fried your brains. read the damn post again and try to understand.

he is missing a golden opportunity to overthrow one of the greatest ever. its just that simple.

now that honor is likely to belong to Djokovic. i like djokovic as well but nadal is my player.

tennizen
03-10-2008, 07:38 PM
that indian heat has fried your brains. read the damn post again and try to understand.

he is missing a golden opportunity to overthrow one of the greatest ever. its just that simple.

now that honor is likely to belong to Djokovic. i like djokovic as well but nadal is my player.

ClayDeath, you repeatedly write the same things everywhere. You are spewing out so much nonsense that I am not going to bother from now on. And I would urge you to stop sounding as if anything you said or discussed here will change what is happening in the tennis world at large. But of course, it's not like you will listen to me.

Naide
03-10-2008, 08:32 PM
VAMOOOOS for a 4th round :banana:
Lucky, lucky, lucky

Clay Death
03-10-2008, 09:33 PM
ClayDeath, you repeatedly write the same things everywhere. You are spewing out so much nonsense that I am not going to bother from now on. And I would urge you to stop sounding as if anything you said or discussed here will change what is happening in the tennis world at large. But of course, it's not like you will listen to me.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz:

tennizen
03-10-2008, 09:44 PM
:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz:

Your ability to use the sleep smiley is impressive:rolleyes:

Tnn74
03-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Vamos to Linda's new avi and sig. :worship:
yes, let us remember the good days :angel:

I would be happy with a SF, yet, of course, trading
this title for Miami :lol: oh so close, yet far...:awww:

I am spending he whole day there on Sat., hopefully I will get a glimpse of him, his practice sessions are always jam-packed :rolleyes:

Clay Death
03-11-2008, 06:37 PM

I am spending he whole day there on Sat., hopefully I will get a glimpse of him, his practice sessions are always jam-packed :rolleyes:

good deal.you will have to report your findings. let us know how he looks in practice. for instance, if he is able to go at close to 100% or at high intensity.

Metis
03-11-2008, 08:28 PM
final update before the draw is announced

2nd - yana
3rd -
F - Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954
W - l_mac :spit:, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro

if you change your mind after the draw let me know :)

(I don't know why I bother doing this :lol: )

l_mac
03-11-2008, 08:54 PM
(I don't know why I bother doing this :lol: )

I love it! I think we should do it for every tournament.

elessar
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I love it! I think we should do it for every tournament.
Yeah that'll be extra fun during the clay season :banana:

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF -
SF -
F -
W - l_mac , tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro,Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn, tennizen, cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74, Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, Blaze-2004, hra87,yana, scarecrows, mimi, Naide

tennizen
03-11-2008, 09:00 PM

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF -
SF -
F -
W - l_mac , tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro,Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn, tennizen, cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74, Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, Blaze-2004, hra87,yana, scarecrows, mimi, Naide

You underestimate my negativeness. My name will be there for a SF/F for atleast one or two of the clay events:)

l_mac
03-11-2008, 09:01 PM

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF -
SF -
F -

Strayed out of the chat thread by mistake, have we?

That tagline above your avatar isn't so flattering for Mikey now :awww: :lol:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
:haha:

Looks like Hema's "Fedtard on the loose" alarm went off also :rolls:

:armed: Back to the chat, Claire.

tennizen
03-11-2008, 09:03 PM

Always on the prowl:lol:

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Clay court season, our fab 5 makes their brave and bold prediction:

1st round - l_mac, yana, MariaV, Mallorn, Tennizen

elessar
03-11-2008, 09:11 PM
You underestimate my negativeness. My name will be there for a SF/F for atleast one or two of the clay events:)
You think Rafa's gonna lose twice during the clay season :lol: I wish :drool: :p
Strayed out of the chat thread by mistake, have we?
No, just looking for some posts to copy/past to the Fedforum :D

That tagline above your avatar isn't so flattering for Mikey now :awww: :lol:

I forgot about that :lol:

Always on the prowl:lol:
I'm sure both your radars went off went you saw two posts in less than ten minutes in the Rafa forum :hug:

mallorn
03-11-2008, 09:14 PM

:angel:

I didn't see your IW prediction. :p

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 09:17 PM
You don't miss much, do you, Ania? :p

tennizen
03-11-2008, 09:18 PM

:angel:

Casta predicts a win all the time. No need to state it:p;)

You think Rafa's gonna lose twice during the clay season :lol: I wish :drool: :p

He has to lose someday:shrug:

I'm sure both your radars went off went you saw two posts in less than ten minutes in the Rafa forum :hug:

Rafa forum is the most active forum on MTF:angel:

tangerine_dream
03-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Blake in Rafa's quarter. Again. :o

Tsonga in the fourth round. :scared:

Naide
03-11-2008, 09:22 PM

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF -
SF -
F -

Nah we all know Nole will get the golden slam. He's the GOAT, i'm not bothering believing in Rafa's chances.

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Casta predicts a win all the time. No need to state it:p;)
:rolleyes:

mallorn
03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
You don't miss much, do you, Ania? :p
Well, it looks like I missed the mark with my prediction. :crying2:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
METIS!!!

Change me to 2nd round please!

Eschauer :scared: :unsure: :sad:

Foxy
03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Average draw for Rafa. Tsonga or Mathieu in R16. Blake or Gasquet in QF. Nole is in his half.

tennizen
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Well if I predict a first round for him on clay, its only natural that you predict a win.

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Well if I predict a first round for him on clay, its only natural that you predict a win.
Fair enough.

I'm not a natural born optimist by a long shot by the way.

elessar
03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Nah we all know Nole will get the golden slam. He's the GOAT, i'm not bothering believing in Rafa's chances.

I knew I had forgotten something :sobbing:

Tnn74
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Worst draw ever for Rafito :scared:

Johnny Groove
03-11-2008, 09:55 PM
LOL.

Its not too bad.

Blake might not even make it that far, he could lose to Gasquet, and Richie is cannon fodder for Rafa. Tsonga is lacking match play. Nadal owns Lopez.

Metis
03-11-2008, 09:56 PM
The draw is not too bad, no? If Rafa finds his IW mojo that is.... :unsure:

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF -
SF -
F -

METIS!!!

Change me to 2nd round please!

Eschauer :scared: :unsure: :sad:

:lol: OK I think I'll include the revised picks in a 2nd table so that we can compare the before and after predictions.

l_mac
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
LOL.

Its not too bad.

Blake might not even make it that far, he could lose to Gasquet, and Richie is cannon fodder for Rafa. Tsonga is lacking match play. Nadal owns Lopez.

Jonathan, these things don't matter. I thought you had learned your lesson about making such sweeping statements, considering Rafa's hardcourt "form" (or lack of it)

Can't see him making the semis, in all seriousness.

mallorn
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
LOL.

Its not too bad.

Jonathan, shhhhh! :o

Metis
03-11-2008, 10:00 PM
LOL.

Its not too bad.

Errr... not exactly. It's 2-1 with the 2 wins on clay one loss on carpet.

Besides, Rafa used to own Pics too... :sad:

RogiRafaFan86
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Nadal owns Lopez.

He sure does.

Oh, you meant on the court? I dunno about that.

Seriously though, I think it's a normal draw, considering the field. It's Rafa's current HC form that makes the draw 'bad'.

Tnn74
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Blake may not even make the QF, Tsonga won't play that type of match at the AO again, Raf's first matches are always tricky, who knows how he will handle Feli, but all in all, the draw still pretty much sucks... and his current form on HC...? :ras:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Jonathan, these things don't matter. I thought you had learned your lesson about making such sweeping statements, considering Rafa's hardcourt "form" (or lack of it)

He sure does.

And people say we are of one mind :o :lol:

Johnny Groove
03-11-2008, 10:12 PM

sweeping statements? I just said how i feel. He could win it all or he could lose to Lopez or anything in between.

I feel like Nadal is Safin now :rolleyes:

"If he plays like he is capable of, he can beat anyone" :o

He sure does.

Seriously though, I think it's a normal draw, considering the field. It's Rafa's current HC form that makes the draw 'bad'.

I'll go back in my corner now :awww:

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
:hug:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes, in you go young man!

:lol:

I like that you still believe in him.

I'll need to see the proof before my faith is restored :sad:

mallorn
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
And people say we are of one mind :o :lol:
:hug: Seriously speaking I envy your optimism. :awww:

mallorn
03-11-2008, 10:18 PM

And again... :lol:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 10:18 PM

Aaaaaaand again!!! :haha: :haha:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 10:19 PM

TERRIFYING!!!

mallorn
And again! :rolls:

mallorn
:spit: :haha: :rolls:

Johnny Groove
03-11-2008, 10:20 PM
:scared:

Now, im REALLY going back in my corner :bolt:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
:lol: That was scary.

Let's delete these posts before Hilde sees them :unsure:

mallorn
03-11-2008, 10:24 PM
:scared:

Now, im REALLY going back in my corner :bolt:
Come back, we're back to normal now, I promise. :angel:

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
:armed: Too late, Linda.

Ania used to be part of the optimistic lot until the MTF Nadal Fan collective got to her. Assimilate, resistence is futile. :sobbing:

:armed:

Johnny Groove
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Creeps out slowly *oddly enough, Korn is playing on my computer* :o

mallorn
03-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Ania used to be part of the optimistic lot until the MTF Nadal Fan collective got to her. Assimilate, resistence is futile. :sobbing:

It was the Loss That Shall Not Be Named that broke my resistance. I was reasonably optimistic until then. :awww:

Jon :lol: :hug:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 10:30 PM

:ras: I'm pretty sure Rafa's awful form is the reason for the wave of pessimism sweeping the Rafafandom.

I think he should handle Werner! :yippee:

l_mac
03-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I think I'll just leave this thread and let Ania give all the answers :lol:

mallorn
03-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I think I'll just leave this thread and let Ania give all the answers :lol:
Incredible, no? :tape:

Metis
03-11-2008, 10:32 PM

:confused: I'm afraid anxiety and uncontrollable posting have permanently traumatized some people here.

Jonathan :hug:

Nobody predicted 3rd round loss. Something tells me that's where it will happen :haha:
Lalo will do the job...

Johnny Groove
03-11-2008, 10:33 PM
It was the Loss That Shall Not Be Named that broke my resistance. I was reasonably optimistic until then. :awww:

Jon :lol: :hug:

?

Which one was that? :o Seppi? Pics?

elessar
03-11-2008, 10:34 PM

I'm here to join your army Hilde, I'm tired of all these pessimist Rafatards plaguing the forum, and I'm ready to fight dirty if need be :armed:

I have faith in my Rafito, he'll win IW for sure :rocker2:

mallorn
03-11-2008, 10:36 PM
?

Which one was that? :o Seppi? Pics?
:o First guess is correct.

mallorn
03-11-2008, 10:37 PM
:confused: I'm afraid anxiety and uncontrollable posting have permanently traumatized some people here.
:p
Nobody predicted 3rd round loss. Something tells me that's where it will happen :haha:
Lalo will do the job...
It did cross my mind too. :tape:

elessar
03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Ania, fear not I've got a new recruit for you, she's a Djokotards but she's got the perfect mindset to become a Rafatards :
I dont really think djokovic got a really easy draw. I mean clearly federer has a more difficult one. Still, djokovic is likely to meet seppi as a first opponement, and seppi is not easy to beat. And if he does it, he will be meeting kohlschreiber next match...

I wouldnt say it is that easy.

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
:lol: Claire. Good find, she/he'd fit right in! :yeah:

Incredible, no? :tape:
Oh stop it. :lol:

Let me see if I can summarize the merging process of the Fan Collective:

The Nadal Fan Collective before a draw:
:unsure:

The Nadal Fan Collective when the draw is known:
:help:

The Nadal Fan Collective when Rafa loses:
:singer: MUG :singer:

:shout: and/or :hysteric:

How did I do, Ania. :nerner:

Castafiore
03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Sounds just as believable as when JM posts stuff like that. :ras:

raven gypsy
03-11-2008, 10:56 PM

ooooh, please give us an update.
This is one of the tournaments that I would most love to attend. The atmosphere, the beauty of the CA desert, close to my time zone, lots of local bloggers, and of course the good feelings left over from last year.

I'm so jealous.
Have fun, just don't forget to be prepared for the heat.

MariaV
03-11-2008, 10:56 PM

:haha: :haha: TOO BIG! :haha: :haha: :rolls:

elessar
03-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Sounds just as believable as when JM posts stuff like that. :ras:

That's just because you're a pessimist and you don't have as much faith in Rafa as I do :o:):p

Johnny Groove
03-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Rafa can win it

mallorn
03-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Ania, fear not I've got a new recruit for you, she's a Djokotards but she's got the perfect mindset to become a Rafatards :
No matter how good she is, no Djokotards allowed. :armed:
Let me see if I can summarize the merging process of the Fan Collective:
How did I do, Ania. :nerner:
Hmmm... here's how I see it:
The Nadal Fan Collective before a draw:
:unsure:
Hilde:
Hope for the best :D and expect the worst.

The Nadal Fan Collective when the draw is known:
:help:
Hilde:
Hope for the best and expect the worst. :sad:

The Nadal Fan Collective when Rafa loses:
:singer:MUG:singer:

:shout: and/or :hysteric:

Hilde:
:singer:MUG:singer:

and later
HOPE FOR THE BEST AND EXPECT THE WORST, DAMMIT! :shout:
;)

I had to type that TWICE because my post got lost in cyberspace. :mad:

veyonce
03-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Hmm.. A tough draw imo. Roger & Djokovic have easier draws unless upsets happen again. It will be interesting if Rafa faces Tsonga...

Aenea
03-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Rafa can win it
:bigclap:

Exactly! I'm expecting a win. Rafa is capable of beating anybody. I only hope he finds his self-confidence and motivation. But I'm optimistic. :)

Go, Rafa!

Naina
03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Vamos!!!!!!!
If he stands closer to the baseline and is agressive he can win it.

dulkogi
03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Con feli en 3 :(

Tnn74
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
If he plays exactly the way he played last year, on the baseline,
controlling points, DEEP shots, he will win it. ;)

Clay Death
03-12-2008, 11:42 PM
:bigclap:

Exactly! I'm expecting a win. Rafa is capable of beating anybody. I only hope he finds his self-confidence and motivation. But I'm optimistic. :)

Go, Rafa!

i would kill ot be optimistic but i know that damn truth. he has lost fitness and it is costing him.

one or 2 really long matches and it is going to get difficult for him. hard courts are more punishing for him anyway. they just take too much out of him.

he spent 4 hours against moya in chennai and couldnt walk the next morning.

Xristos
03-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Hmm.. A tough draw imo. Roger & Djokovic have easier draws unless upsets happen again. It will be interesting if Rafa faces Tsonga...

Good point V!

star
03-13-2008, 05:08 AM
I saw Rafa today practicing with FeLo. Crowd was two and three deep all around the practice court and beyond. All the Spaniards had been missing and people (women) were wondering where they were. They all arrived on the same day -- probably sometime yesterday.

I wish Rafa luck. He has a tough draw. The best thing is that every morning when I walk into the tennis site, there is a huge, I mean HUGE poster of Rafa on the stadium outside wall as last year's tournament. One of Daniela is beside him. I guess they wanted to keep Roger happy because there is one of him on the other side of the stadium. :lol: :lol: Well, one of Sharapova too. :) Rafa's picture is on my tickets. Very faded out and in blue, but it is there. :)

raven gypsy
03-13-2008, 05:35 AM
I wish Rafa luck. He has a tough draw. The best thing is that every morning when I walk into the tennis site, there is a huge, I mean HUGE poster of Rafa on the stadium outside wall as last year's tournament. One of Daniela is beside him. I guess they wanted to keep Roger happy because there is one of him on the other side of the stadium. :lol: :lol: Well, one of Sharapova too. :) Rafa's picture is on my tickets. Very faded out and in blue, but it is there. :)

Awesome report -- please keep us updated.
Make sure to stay hydrated, I've heard about the heat in the CA desert. Do you have tickets? If so, for what days?

Have fun.
Signed,
Jealous Lady

raven gypsy
03-13-2008, 12:00 PM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9265/iwellsoh7.jpg
By woa (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/woa) at 2008-03-13

Who says Rafa's form is bad :) He looks just fine....

Luvyoyoma1954@co
03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I donot understand people thinking Rafa has been weakened physically. I know what happened in Chennai was a shock, but literally everyone has days they cannot deal. I think fitness is the least of his problem.

l_mac
03-13-2008, 09:12 PM
lalala

Clay Death
03-14-2008, 12:38 AM
By woa (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/woa) at 2008-03-13

Who says Rafa's form is bad :) He looks just fine....

appearances can be decieving. watch and learn.

i would kill to see him win this title again here but i have my doubts this time around.

platinum
03-14-2008, 12:42 AM
appearances can be decieving. watch and learn.

i would kill to see him win this title again here but i have my doubts this time around.

My gut feeling tells me he has better chances of winning Miami than defending IW. When has Rafa defended a HC title? BTW when has Nole defended a title? :p

platinum
03-14-2008, 12:47 AM
He looks just fine....

He ALWAYS looks fine. Hottest, sexiest tennis player ever :hearts::inlove::rocker::rocker2::crazy::yeah: :bigclap: :clap2::bounce::drool::kiss::worship:

lau-mza
03-14-2008, 04:42 AM
I think he looks more than "just fine" ;)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3103/iw080313conferencia8023am8.jpg

Clay Death
03-14-2008, 04:54 AM
My gut feeling tells me he has better chances of winning Miami than defending IW. When has Rafa defended a HC title? BTW when has Nole defended a title? :p

one thing is certain. he needs a few matches under his belt. lets hope he can get the match play he needs to be effective.

star
03-14-2008, 05:18 AM
In the IW program... kind of at the center, there's a two page spread and the title is: THE RIVALRY and on one side is Rafa serving and on the other side Nole is serving. And the path Rafa's racket traces is filled with roaring bulls (toros) and the path Nole's racket traces is filled with snarling tigers. It's really kind of great.

Clay Death
03-14-2008, 06:39 AM
In the IW program... kind of at the center, there's a two page spread and the title is: THE RIVALRY and on one side is Rafa serving and on the other side Nole is serving. And the path Rafa's racket traces is filled with roaring bulls (toros) and the path Nole's racket traces is filled with snarling tigers. It's really kind of great.

cool. i take it that you are Indian Wells. lucky you.

i am definitely making plans to be there next year.

MariaV
03-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Friday, March 14, 2008

STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
[8] P Hanley (AUS) / L Paes (IND) vs D Ferrer (ESP) / R Nadal (ESP) - ATP

That will be a good warmup/test against a top doubles team. VAMOS! :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee:

Aenea
03-14-2008, 01:50 PM
So it will be Santiago Giraldo in the first single. Don't know anything about that guy, never watched him play, is he good on HC. :scratch:

This must be from the "Feel it" campaign. I like it, nice idea.

star
03-14-2008, 02:21 PM
cool. i take it that you are Indian Wells. lucky you.

i am definitely making plans to be there next year.

Seriously? That's great! You know this year they started the men's qualies on Tuesday, and it was free! Best free day of tennis ever.

I already renewed for next year. Sadly, I can't be here the whole time this year, but I do have a ticket for sale if someone can get there on short notice.

hra87
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
So it will be Santiago Giraldo in the first single. Don't know anything about that guy, never watched him play, is he good on HC. :scratch:

This must be from the "Feel it" campaign. I like it, nice idea.

Surely better than Rafael.

Clay Death
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Seriously? That's great! You know this year they started the men's qualies on Tuesday, and it was free! Best free day of tennis ever.

I already renewed for next year. Sadly, I can't be here the whole time this year, but I do have a ticket for sale if someone can get there on short notice.

yeah the qualies are free. this looks like a great venue. i am there fur sure next year.

let us know if you get to speak with any of the players.

MariaV
03-14-2008, 09:35 PM
[8] P. Hanley (AUS) / L. Paes (IND) d D. Ferrer (ESP) / R. Nadal (ESP) 6-3 6-4 :sad:

Clay Death
03-14-2008, 10:04 PM
[8] P. Hanley (AUS) / L. Paes (IND) d D. Ferrer (ESP) / R. Nadal (ESP) 6-3 6-4 :sad:

this doubles deal is not working out. last time--in dubai--he lost 1 and 1. clearly its a waste of time. i would find a practice court and just work out for 4-5 hours.

he does it to get used to the conditions but he is not on the court long enough. also, just how many balls can you really hit in doubles when he needs to hit a million balls right now to find his ground game again.

you never saw Borg waste his time with doubles. he would find a practice court and hit for 6 hours. it got him 11 slams.

tennizen
03-14-2008, 10:06 PM
^^ Rafa is not Borg. And he is playing doubles considering the Olympics too. His ground game is fine. He does not need you to tell him how many hours to practice.

Metis
03-14-2008, 10:08 PM
^^^ It's not just for practice; they are trying different doubles combinations for the Olympics.

So, I'm guessing Rafa is playing tomorrow since the top half is playing today...

EDIT: I see Hema was quicker :)

raven gypsy
03-15-2008, 12:56 AM
OOP Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Seppi (ITA) vs [3] N Djokovic (SRB) - ATP
Not Before 12:30 PM
G Dulko (ARG) vs [24] L Davenport (USA) - WTA
[Q] S Giraldo (COL) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP) - ATP
[1] A Ivanovic (SRB) vs I Olaru (ROU) - WTA
Not Before 7:00 PM
M Gicquel (FRA) vs [9] J Blake (USA) - ATP
C Dellacqua (AUS) vs [7] N Vaidisova (CZE) - WTA

Schedule for Rafa to lose to a qualifier tomorrow. :)

Clay Death
03-15-2008, 04:30 AM
^^ Rafa is not Borg. And he is playing doubles considering the Olympics too. His ground game is fine. He does not need you to tell him how many hours to practice.

you are like a parasite tennizen. is there any way to shake you?

:haha::haha::haha:

MariaV
03-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Is there any way to ban you R=FK? ;) :wavey:

Let's hope the singles work out better! :D VAMOS! :banana: :yippee: :bigclap:

Oh, and let's hope they find the best combination for the Olympics. :) I am not too bright about the criteria for admission to the Olympics but it's according to the ranking and seems like there's still some time till we know which players from Spain will be eligible to play at the Olympics, also in doubles. I should check out the deadline but isn't it somewhere in June?

tennizen
03-15-2008, 12:02 PM
you are like a parasite tennizen. is there any way to shake you?

:haha::haha::haha:

I knew your sense of humor and mine are soooooooo alike ClayDeath. But as to your question, I guess not. As long as you are around and making innumerable number of silly posts, you will find me around:lol:

Castafiore
03-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Ignore the guy, FFS.

Eden
03-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Don't know if this was already posted elsewhere.

Rafa's pretournament interview:

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/IndianWells/Interviews/0,,11444~1265839,00.html

star
03-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I watched the doubles (of course) Rafa and Ferrer weren't that good. Of course, they were up against the legend himself, Leander Paes! But Rafa wanted to win badly. He's such a competitive boy! :) He looked good, but not so much like he was having fun. :lol: Rafa and David get out of position and then try to pound the ball really hard which doesn't fool those experienced doubles players because they know that bullet is going to land out and it does. Anyway, it was nice to see him and there was a good turn out early for the match. :)

A woman walking around with an orange t-shirt with VIVA RAFA handwritten in magic marker or something on the front. :) :) I liked her spirit.

mallorn
03-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't know if this was already posted elsewhere.

Rafa's pretournament interview:

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/IndianWells/Interviews/0,,11444~1265839,00.html
Thanks Doris! At the beginning it seemed Rafa forgot all his English. :tape:
I watched the doubles (of course) Rafa and Ferrer weren't that good. Of course, they were up against the legend himself, Leander Paes! But Rafa wanted to win badly. He's such a competitive boy! :) He looked good, but not so much like he was having fun. :lol: Rafa and David get out of position and then try to pound the ball really hard which doesn't fool those experienced doubles players because they know that bullet is going to land out and it does. Anyway, it was nice to see him and there was a good turn out early for the match. :)

A woman walking around with an orange t-shirt with VIVA RAFA handwritten in magic marker or something on the front. :) :) I liked her spirit.
Thanks for the report. I think it was the first time they played together, so no wonder they lost, but it's good that Rafa looked competitive. :yeah:
Enjoy the tournament! :wavey:

elessar
03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Doris! At the beginning it seemed Rafa forgot all his English. :tape:

Thanks for the report. I think it was the first time they played together, so no wonder they lost, but it's good that Rafa looked competitive. :yeah:
Enjoy the tournament! :wavey:

Double practice is great for Rafa, it doesn't matter if he loses, it's a great way for him to improve his volleys (which he has) his ROS, his passing shots ( not that there ever was any needs to). It's certainly not a waste of time, and it enables him to get used to the surface faster. More and more single players are doing it, which is great for doubles :yeah:

Clay Death
03-15-2008, 05:00 PM

star it seems that the weather is going to be even worse today than it was yeasterday. the wind is gusting at 22 mph there and the low for the day is 46 degrees. it is dificult to produce great tennis under those conditions.

mallorn
03-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Double practice is great for Rafa, it doesn't matter if he loses, it's a great way for him to improve his volleys (which he has) his ROS, his passing shots ( not that there ever was any needs to). It's certainly not a waste of time, and it enables him to get used to the surface faster. More and more single players are doing it, which is great for doubles :yeah:
All true, but what made you say something serious like that? :scratch: :lol:

Foxy
03-15-2008, 05:40 PM
It's very useful for Rafa to play doubles. He can use these matches to make some kind of experiments with his shots. Of course it is a great way of improving his volleys and his serve itself. But he should not tire his body so much. I guess he should play doubles but just one match meaning he better lose but after using it in a possitive way, fine-tuning his elements of the game.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
03-15-2008, 06:24 PM
My guess he will be in the finals and with those wins he will have up to that point he will be emotionally flying.

MariaV
03-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Rafa beat Giraldo 6-3 6-3 in 1 h 5 min. :D Not impressive but at least he got it done quickly in these difficult windy conditions. VAMOS! :banana: :bigclap: :bounce:

l_mac
03-15-2008, 11:54 PM
What a performance! :worship: :worship:

He looked lovely.

Metis
03-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Let's see where we stand now:

2nd - yana, l_mac
3rd - dulkogi, hra87

yana and l_mac :ras:

tennizen
03-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Let's see where we stand now:

yana and l_mac :ras:

Since the semi-final is likely to be Djokovic, I would like to change mine to final:p:p

Metis
03-16-2008, 02:13 AM
:lol: edited!

Clay Death
03-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Rafa beat Giraldo 6-3 6-3 in 1 h 5 min. :D Not impressive but at least he got it done quickly in these difficult windy conditions. VAMOS! :banana: :bigclap: :bounce:

lets hope he can destroy Young on monday and then start getting ready for Tsonga.

he has a day off tomorrow. the buffoon better hit the practice courts at least twice tomorrow.

hra87
03-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Change my vote to 3rd round. He is no match for The Don.

mallorn
03-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Rafa's interview is up. He learned a new word - whew. :)
March 15, 2008

Rafael Nadal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How much of a problem was the wind out there today for you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Whew, big wind for me today. :lol: With these conditions, it's always very important, all the wind, so maybe today I win, and that's it, no? I can't do too much.

Q. You set a really wonderful pace for two or three years and you helped bring a lot of players up, and now it looks like they're going to force you to go up another level here. Is that accurate or inaccurate?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, right now it's -- I think when when I arrive on tour it was a lot of big players, too. When I arrive, it's Roddick, Hewitt at the top, I don't know, some more. So it was tough for me to come to No. 2. Right now I have three years of already being the No. 2 in the world.
The true is right now there is a lot of young players coming well, but the same age like me. No more.

Q. But they owe you a lot.
RAFAEL NADAL: What? :scratch:

Q. They owe you a lot.
RAFAEL NADAL: :scratch: Sure, going to be difficult right now. But I going to try my best for continue being in the top positions. I know if I am playing good, I'm playing fine, at my best level, I have chances for do this, no?

Q. What are the most difficult weather conditions to play in? Is it wind? Is it heat? Which is the most difficult?
RAFAEL NADAL: The true is only difficulty is the wind. Because if rain, we stop until another condition that we can play.

Q. Your thoughts about your next match? Could be Feliciano or Donald Young.
RAFAEL NADAL: You know what's the score right now?

Q. When I came in, it was about 5-5.
RAFAEL NADAL: There, it's there. Can you tell me? Behind you. :rolleyes:

Q. First set to Young and second set is 6-5 Young, on serve. So 6-5, Donald Young is serving for the match.
RAFAEL NADAL: Young is serving for the match? Okay, so we don't know yet. (laughter.) :haha: Donald Young, I don't know him. I saw him one or two matches in my career, but I don't know him very well.
Feliciano, for sure I know him a lot. I practice, for example, today. So both. Both players are going to be tough. :angel: I am focused on me, no? Try to play my best tennis, and if it is like this, and Donald beat me, congratulations.
I am focused on try to play. Better if not the same wind as today.

Q. If you were to play Feliciano, do you approach the day any differently? Would you still practice with him, or would you just keep away from each other until after the match?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I play Feliciano, I'm going to start to win the match tomorrow in the golf course. (laughter.) I don't have many problems, no, for this, no. I know it's going to be -- can be the next opponent of me and anyway I practice with him today.
In Dubai, I play the first round against Kohlschreiber, and I practice with him the day before. :) I think some players have -- don't like these things, but I think we know each other not perfect but good, and one practice before not going to change nothing.

Q. Who is the better golfer out of the two of you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, right now I don't know. But I think -- I only know the Spanish players, and, well, in this tournament I am little bit, no? Two loss -- two wins, he lost, zero lose, so Ferrero have to improve little bit. He was at the range yesterday. I have to practice in the afternoon, have to go to the range. Maybe today, too.

Q. Which courses do you like playing out here?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think every one is very nice.

Q. You've played all the courses out here?
RAFAEL NADAL: What?

Q. How many courses have you played out here?
RAFAEL NADAL: I played on one, two, three, four.

Q. Four?
RAFAEL NADAL: But not this year.

Q. Not this year?
RAFAEL NADAL: This year only one.

Q. Your greatest strength as a golfer? Playing golf, the best part of your game?
RAFAEL NADAL: Depends at the moment. Sometimes the drive. Sometimes the irons. I lost the drive right now.

Q. Which is a tougher game: golf or tennis?
RAFAEL NADAL: Difficult to compare, no? But I always say the same. Mentally I think both are very tough, because in golf you can't have any mistake. But in golf you play very good shot you are going go birdie, no?
In tennis you do very good shot and you can lose the point. So I think on golf you play against yourself. In tennis you play little bit against yourself, but especially against opponent, so that's difficult to compare for that reason. I prefer play golf, no, because all the time depends on you, no?

Q. Do you play right-handed?
RAFAEL NADAL: I play right, yes.

Q. The theory is that left-handers grow up playing right-handers and they have a mental program for right-handers. They have their toughest time against left-handers. That's what Laver once said. Is that true for you?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't understand that. :o (Spanish interpretation.) Whew. Can you repeat, please? :p

Q. You're left-handed.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah.

Q. And when you grow up playing tennis --
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah.

Q. -- you play mainly against right-handers.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, okay. I understand that.

Q. But now you have to change the mental approach because you're playing a left-hander, maybe. If you're playing a left-hander, do you have to think differently? I'm only quoting Rod Laver, who said for him the hardest player for him to play was left-handed. (laughter.)
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it change a little bit strategy, because the normal shot is crosscourt, not against the backhand of the other. But you play against left-hander you have to change little bit and put little bit more on the backhand of the left -- you have to play more -- I don't know in English. Down the line, yes.
So, but for the rest I think is not many difference. Really, we play a lot of times against left-handers, we practice. I think this doesn't matter.

End of FastScripts…

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48142

Metis
03-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Rafa's interview is up. He learned a new word - whew. :)

:lol: I see Rafa's improvement in mastering the English language parallels that of his performance on hardcourts... :p

Xristos
03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Vamooos Raf.

Take the Don down!

Tnn74
03-17-2008, 01:18 AM
:wavey: Hi guys!
I just gotten back from the tourney, I got to see him practiced and was there for the match. He looked good in practice, I wish I could say the same about the match (despite the results, although, I'm not complaining ;)), anyhow, I got some pictures from the match I will try to upload as soon as I can, I was only able to get some practice shots in because I almost got stomped by old ladies running after and literally mobbing him, destroying everyone in their paths... Although I got to squeeze his slightly smaller right arm to get his attention, :lol: He wasn't hitting any winners in the match, he simply was putting the ball in play so Girardo could self destruct, but all that matters is that he bagged that in straights... I will be back on Tuesday, hopefully I'll catch more of him in practice and be back with another update :angel:

l_mac
03-17-2008, 01:22 AM
I just gotten back from the tourney, I got to see him practiced and was there for the match. He looked good in practice, I wish I could say the same about the match (despite the results, although, I'm not complaining ;)), anyhow, I got some pictures from the match I will try to upload as soon as I can, I was only able to get some practice shots in because I almost got stomped by old ladies running after and literally mobbing him, destroying everyone in their paths... Although I got to squeeze his slightly smaller right arm to get his attention, :lol: He wasn't hitting any winners in the match, he simply was putting the ball in play so Girardo could self destruct, but all that matters is that he bagged that in straights... I will be back on Tuesday, hopefully I'll catch more of him in practice and be back with another update :angel:

Thanks for the report :hug:

But if Rafa plays like he did yesterday, I don't think he'll still around on Tuesday :(

Tnn74
03-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the report :hug:

But if Rafa plays like he did yesterday, I don't think he'll still around on Tuesday :(

I agree :awww: every time Rafito dropped the ball short, Girardo unleashed a massive FH in his face... He was lucky to get so many UE's from the Columbian, hopefully he will take the next match to a higher level, especially because he doesn't really know Young's game much, but the guy did go a 3 setter with Lalo, so hopefully Raf's experience will carry him through... hope for the best, God knows it doesn't get any easier from here, maybe he should spend less time on the golf course, perhaps :rolleyes:

MariaV
03-17-2008, 07:46 AM

:o :o @ the old ladies part, so many perves. ;) :lol:
Girls, bear in mind that it was extremely windy so understandably he wasn't going for winners just putting the ball in. I hope he'll do much better today. :D

STADIUM 1 start 11:30 am
[3] J Jankovic (SRB) vs [27] A Sugiyama (JPN) - WTA
Not Before 1:00 PM
[19] C Moya (ESP) vs [9] J Blake (USA) - ATP
[WC] D Young (USA) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP) - ATP

Perfect, as I'll be able to see it before going to sleep. :D VAMOS! :banana: :yippee:

Aenea
03-17-2008, 10:58 AM
:o :o @ the old ladies part, so many perves. ;) :lol:
Girls, bear in mind that it was extremely windy so understandably he wasn't going for winners just putting the ball in. I hope he'll do much better today. :D

STADIUM 1 start 11:30 am
[3] J Jankovic (SRB) vs [27] A Sugiyama (JPN) - WTA
[19] C Moya (ESP) vs [9] J Blake (USA) - ATP
[WC] D Young (USA) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP) - ATP

Perfect, as I'll be able to see it before going to sleep. :D VAMOS! :banana: :yippee:

That's right. Why should he do anything more in that particular match if putting the ball in was enough to secure him a win? Should Rafa push for a double bagel? This was not a demanding match, the weather was terrible and Rafa did what he needed to do to win easy without pushing too much. I'm satisfied with his play in that match. Bamos for the 3rd round!! :bounce:
I'm having a terrible TV coverage back here :mad: and I relay on internet only to watch any matches.

wedda
03-18-2008, 05:29 AM
and he won, and a way better performance than that of the last couple of months

Change my vote to 3rd round. He is no match for The Don.

I guess he is not a match ;)

Foxy
03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
As I have said before I don't mind Rafa defending and retrieving. I like this style of play. But what I hate most is to make stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid mistakes while retrieving. I hope he will clear the mistakes from his game and crash this lucky Tsonga. As I have also said after AO, Nadal will never lose to Tsonga again. Let we see if I was right. :)

Metis
03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
So Rafa lives to fight another day :D. Time to get serious! :mad:

2nd - yana, l_mac
3rd - dulkogi, hra87

yana, l_mac, dulkogi and hra87 :ras:

MariaV
03-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Naaah Metis, tonight is bye-bye time. :D :bigwave:

Metis
03-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Naaah Metis, tonight is bye-bye time. :D :bigwave:

We'll see about that. I stand by my prediction... :armed:

l_mac
03-18-2008, 03:45 PM
We'll see about that. I stand by my prediction... :armed:

You better add Adam crazy-head to the people who think Rafa will win IW :)

Nice new title :rolls:

hra87
03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
So Rafa lives to fight another day :D. Time to get serious! :mad:

yana, l_mac, dulkogi and hra87 :ras:

If I could change my vote again, I'd change it to W. After he managed to upset 'Bye' and THE DON, the rest should be a cakewalk.

tennizen
03-18-2008, 06:49 PM
If I could change my vote again, I'd change it to W. After he managed to upset 'Bye' and THE DON, the rest should be a cakewalk.

:lol:. Sure it is.

Metis
03-18-2008, 06:53 PM

Sorry, no more changes are allowed at this point. Rien ne va plus! :p

adee-gee
03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
You better add Adam crazy-head to the people who think Rafa will win IW :)
I don't think he'll win it...I just think he'll beat Tsonga.

I'd be confident if he played 'no cajones' Gasquet in the next round, not at all if he played Blake though.

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 08:08 AM
I don't know what to think about today's match. I was pretty confident that Nadal would win his AO match against Tsonga even though he had only played clowns up to the SF, but he got a similar ass whooping like he did in the QF at the AO against Gonzalez (I was pretty confident about that match as well :angel:).

Can you please find something of your agressive game back again Rafa. :secret: I will do your dishes and clean your house and everything if you do :rolls:

MariaV
03-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

[10] A Radwanska (POL) vs [2] S Kuznetsova (RUS) - WTA
[17] J Tsonga (FRA) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP) - ATP

I have no expectations but we'll see tonight. VAMOS! :banana: :yippee:

Betty
03-19-2008, 09:05 AM
edit sorry

hra87
03-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Tsonga 6-0 6-0. Mark my words, I've never been wrong before.

Xristos
03-19-2008, 04:24 PM

Well your about to be wrong.

tangerine_dream
03-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Bamos Rafa. Today is the day you get your revenge. Move yer ass. :armed:

l_mac
03-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Bamos Rafa. Today is the day you get your revenge. Move yer ass. :armed:

Who will you be pulling for if both Rafa (:haha: unlikely) and Nole (banker) make the semis? :armed:

tangerine_dream
03-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Who will you be pulling for if both Rafa (:haha: unlikely) and Nole (banker) make the semis? :armed:
Rafa, because he needs the win more than Novak does. :p

neenah
03-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Rafa. :awww: Down 6(4)-7 0-1*

l_mac
03-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Rafa, because he needs the win more than Novak does. :p

I get the feeling you won't need to be making that choice.

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I support Nadal. Makes my tennis cheering life much harder :( :haha:

neenah
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
He broke back. :)

Anyone watching the match?

Foxy
03-19-2008, 09:32 PM
God, I am going to be mistaken about my prediction for the future matches against Tsonga.
At least Tsonga's luck is gone which was ENORMOUS at that AO semi.
However, I don't like Tsonga's attitude on court. It's something like a mix of Stepanek's and Youzhny's behaviour.

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm watching this match neenah.

Tsonga is playing at his normal level ( = hit more UE than winner ). Still Nadal is struggling. He should just go for the jugular here! He pushes Tsonga back behind the baseline often but then moonballs one shot short of the service line again to let Tsonga back in. Really weird.

l_mac
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't like Tsonga at all. I thought he played brilliantly during the AO, but tonight is reminding me why I don't usually like players of his type.

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I_mac, are you saying that you don't like Tsonga's game or that you don't like the guy. Or both :)?

neenah
03-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks GuiroNl :)

Foxy
03-19-2008, 09:43 PM
In fact Rafa is playing well. Better than prevous two rounds. But would it be enough?

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I think this match is in Nadal's hands but he does not seem to realize this himself.

Foxy
03-19-2008, 09:46 PM
I think this match is in Nadal's hands but he does not seem to realize this himself.

Yeah. It's a pity! He can gain huge confidence boost if he wins it.

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Tsonga was just trying to kill some bugs on the ground with his serve in that last game. Nadal had no chance on the BPs :).

Foxy
03-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Nadal is so tentative and unsure with that backhand. God, I should teach him how to use properly this favourite shot of mine. :)

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Nadal is so tentative and unsure with that backhand. God, I should teach him how to use properly this favourite shot of mine. :)

Which by itself is a weird thing as he has amazing acceleration from that wing. He usually hits his best backhands when his opponent makes an UE and he just takes a swing at it :rolleyes:.

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Nadal starts agressively in the TB. Now just hold on to your 2 mini breaks please!

Herdwick
03-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh no - broken.

Really starting to dislike Tsonga now. And the Ali comparison is hacking me off...

neenah
03-19-2008, 11:33 PM
6-7(4) 7-6(3) 7-5

:dance:

GuiroNl
03-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Let's hope that Gasquet wins now :haha:

l_mac
03-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Awesome fight from rafa today. I have to say I expected him to fold after he lost the 1st set TB, and then certainly expected it when he went down a break in the 3rd. But all credit to him, he kept on fighting and Tsonga helped out with some :retard:ness. :yeah:

mallorn
03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
It's so good to finally see the never say die attitude again. :woohoo:

l_mac
03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
It's so good to finally see the never say die attitude again. :woohoo:

I suppose we saw it in Chennai in the Moya maych, but for some reason this win makes me feel better :shrug:

I reserve the right to withdraw such thoughts when he loses 1 and 2 to Blake/Gasquet :lol:

Getta
03-19-2008, 11:49 PM
So happy for Rafa. :banana:

And stiff bored with all this nonsense about Rafa's crappiness on hard courts.

Yesss. From crappiness to happiness. :woohoo:

Metis
03-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Unexpected win especially after losing the 1st set and then being a break down in the 3rd; it makes it all the more sweeter :). But when Rafa looks like this you know he means business :p

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/faf39963-b7e1-4b2c-82d9-0f4ea556e339.jpg

mallorn
03-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I suppose we saw it in Chennai in the Moya maych, but for some reason this win makes me feel better :shrug:
Maybe because it took an hour less. :lol: And because it's a bigger tournament. And he didn't get schooled by the same player twice in a row. :yeah:
I reserve the right to withdraw such thoughts when he loses 1 and 2 to Blake/Gasquet :lol:
Here's hoping they play three TBs. :p

anon57
03-19-2008, 11:58 PM
But when Rafa looks like this you know he means business :p

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/faf39963-b7e1-4b2c-82d9-0f4ea556e339.jpg

Yep, that was one of the biggest differences with some of his losses this year. Expect for maybe the first game in the second set, there was no point where he started getting negative and looking lost on court. He looked fierce and focussed for almost the entire match and didn't give up which is a big part of what won him the match imo.

mallorn
03-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Waiting for Adam to come and say 'I told you so.' :lol:

mallorn
03-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Rafa's in the QF. I'm proud of my budding optimism, i.e. not changing my vote after the draw came out. :yeah:

Metis
03-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Moving on... :dance:

2nd - yana, l_mac
3rd - dulkogi, hra87

yana, l_mac, dulkogi, hra87, scarecrows, mimi, Naide :ras:

What can I say? I hope my prediction is wrong...

l_mac
03-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Rafa is the night match tomorrow.

tennizen
03-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Rafa did a great job today. I was longing to see such a performance from him. I am not keeping hopes alive for tomorrow because usually he loses the day after a great match but I just so badly wanted him to avenge the loss to Tsonga.

Metis
03-20-2008, 02:46 AM
So Blake it is for the QF. He's fresh after his 65 minute match against Gasquet and he seems to be playing great. Difficult task for Rafa...

hra87
03-20-2008, 03:14 AM

Nailed it.

Naide
03-20-2008, 06:40 AM
:awww: i was close

MariaV
03-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Nailed it.

Hamid! :lol: :hug: :hug:

Yeah but vs Blake there's no way Rafa will win. Blake seems to be in great shape and we all know the matchup. :D

Aenea
03-20-2008, 08:03 AM
But when Rafa looks like this you know he means business :p

Great picture! One of the best of Rafa I've seen lately. This is how I want to see him in every important match! I watched the entire match and though sometimes it looked bad I didn't have any doubts Rafa was going to come victorious from this one.

Bamos Rafa! Be on fire today, you must! Blake or no Blake you've got to win after disposing of that Tsonga. Congrats for your fighting spirit and amazing defense you showed yesterday.

Castafiore
03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
So happy for Rafa. :banana:

And stiff bored with all this nonsense about Rafa's crappiness on hard courts.

Yesss. From crappiness to happiness. :woohoo:
:)

Foxy
03-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Some of you probably won't agree but IF Rafa plays with confidence and IW2007-like Blake doesn't stand much chance to take even a set.

wedda
03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
that was a hell of a fight :yeah:

this is really the Rafa I know, even when he's not playing his very best never say die till the umpire says game set and match

MariaV
03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Rafael Nadal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA
March 19, 2008

Rafael Nadal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Did you think at all about the match in Melbourne during this match?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, no. 100% not, no? It's always a different match and normal match. In Melbourne, he played at an unbelievable level. I didn't play my best, for sure, there.
But the ball and the court is a little bit different here, no? The ball is getting a lot topspin, so much more than Australia, so that's help me a little bit for me.
For the rest, well, I didn't play -- I play better today than in Australia, but I say the conditions are better here for me.

Q. Can you talk about what happened from 5-2 in the third set ahead?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know, no? I always try to fight every point. I have a little bit lucky, for sure, because maybe come back in the match with 5-2, losing 5-2 in the third, especially against big server like Tsonga, the normal thing is lose 6-3, no?
But, well, I have tough first point in 5-3, so long. Finally I can won this point, and that gives me confidence, no? So important for me having I think having this victory anyway. The victory important for me, but the victory like this always a special and give me confidence. I will be better.

Q. Seemed like at times you were playing well defending, and then you would go offense aggressive and then defending, then offense. Talk about how you were feeling mentally and what your approach was to the match?
RAFAEL NADAL: Tsonga is a tough, because if he serve well, it's very difficult to try play aggressive. His second serve is tough, because the bounce is very strange and difficult to attack.
The true is when I have the chance, I try to have the point on the forehand and trying to start the point with -- against his backhand.
But when he has the chance, he has unbelievable forehand, no? So I think I didn't play -- I play a good match. I play comfortable match, because I didn't have too much mistakes.
Probably I have some mistakes with the forehand was because in the last weeks I didn't have very good results, but I feel very well, the ball. :o :shrug:

Q. Looking back on the Australian match going into this match, did you feel like it was a chance for you to really even the score with him? Did you look at it as a very important match?
RAFAEL NADAL: When? Today?

Q. Today, yes.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, always important beat against one player that he beat against -- he beat me the last time, no? Because especially in semifinals in Australia like this is a match, always tough, no?
But today I say it's not revenge, not a special match, but the true is important win this match for me. Going to be one of the rivals for this year, try to be in the top positions, so try to win. These matches are very important always.

Q. Were you nervous?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. Nothing special, no.

Q. In Australia you never got into the match. He just kind of flew away from you. Today it seemed like you were working hard just to stay in there to push him.
RAFAEL NADAL: It was so different, no? I say the conditions are different here. I am playing better right now, I think. Well, for the rest, there the match start very bad for me. Break against in the first game, and his serve very well. He play unbelievable tennis in the first set, and it was very tough later for me.
Here he start with break, and the next game he break me and I break me again. I break myself (laughter). Two easy forehands outside.
Well, but anyway, the start of the match was so different, and sometimes the first games of the match can change all the match, I think.

Q. So talk about the mental game at the end of third set. He's obviously a very talented player, Australian Open final. But you have the three Grand Slam Championships, the three French Opens, many titles. At the end it looked like you were mentally stronger than he was.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it's difficult to say something like this in one match, no? The true is, well, I have more years on the top position, like I have three years I win a lot of matches like today.
Well, some important matches, like two finals in Rome, some matches, a lot of the matches, no? Youzhny in Wimbledon, this year against Moya, one match like this in Chennai.
So the important thing is try to be there all the time, no, try to believe in the victory. Anyway, if you're losing 5-2 in the third, try to be focus in every point. The normal thing is lose, but if you are there, you're going to have one chance, no?

Q. In Australia you said, Let's see if Tsonga can maintain his level. Do you feel like he's in the top 10 players at this point?
RAFAEL NADAL: Sure. If he play like this, he going to have his chances in the Masters Cup in Shanghai, for sure. He has a lot of points right now. You know, 700 in Australia and right now 75 more.
So if he continues normal year, I think he going to be to be in the Masters, no? Because 700 points in the first week of the year is a lot.

Q. More specifically, do you think he could get to the very top with the top two or three players, like you and Roger and Novak, that level?
RAFAEL NADAL: Who?

Q. Jo.
RAFAEL NADAL: Tsonga?

Q. Yeah.
RAFAEL NADAL: I know the same like you. I don't know. What do you think? I don't know. Because for be in the top positions, you know, depends. You have to three, four matches during the season, and if you win you going to have your chances for be in the top level.
If you lose, you going to fight for another things. Because if you arrive to the semifinals quarterfinals in Masters Series, Grand Slam and you win these matches, it's a lot of difference, points, no?
But if you lose third round or be in quarterfinals or semifinals is big difference. So you always in one, two matches, change your qualifications I think, your ranking, no? So depends this. My opinion. He has very good shot for be there.

Q. Are you saying that he needs to win matches like he lost today to be at that level?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I didn't say that, no? I say if he, during the year, win these matches, he going to be there. If he lose, he going to have more problem for be there. Like me. Like every player, no?
No difference between him and me. So for be there I have to win these matches, too.

Q. Tsonga expressed he was a little disturbed about how long you took with the serve, and he said he complained to the umpire. Did you hear the complaint, and does that ever effect you when players complain about how much time you take on your serve?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I think it's not nice for the other player to go to the umpire and go to say you have to put time violation to other player, no, because the umpire is there for this. So you don't have to do that, no?

Q. Did you hear him complaining during the match?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I am focus about me.

Q. Just talk a little bit about either Blake or Gasquet.
RAFAEL NADAL: Against Blake, I never beat him before, so it's a challenge for me try to play against him and try to beat him. So going to be nice match for me if I play against him.
Against Gasquet, I played more matches and have more wins, but always very tough matches, no? So going to be very tough quarterfinals if James or Gasquet. Anyway going to be very tough.

Q. Can you also talk about what you remember about playing against James here two years ago?
RAFAEL NADAL: 7-6, 6-3, something like this.

Q. Yeah, I believe so.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, so I have some chances. But, well, in the second set I was 6-3 but I was closer than the result. Well, the last match against him was in Masters Cup in Shanghai. I lost the first set 6-4, and later I was winning like 4-0 in the second.
Finally I lost 7-6, 7-6, no? So in the last matches against him I have chances, but I didn't convert these chances.

Q. Why is it so hard to convert those chances against James when you're able to do it against other players?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, James is very aggressive player. He's always playing aggressive. If he's playing at 100% level, it's very difficult play against him, no?

Q. Yesterday after his match, Roger said he liked playing French players who I think show a great variety, more than the Spanish players who get the ball back. Comment on the difference between the Spanish and the French style and Roger's comment.
RAFAEL NADAL: If I win the match 6-1, 6-1, later I say it's very nice to play against one player, too. That's my opinion. If you win one match like me today, it's different. Your mind is different, no?
I think it's not French style, Spanish style or Swiss style. Every player has different style. My opinion.

Q. So you think there's a lot of variety within the Spanish players, not just a tremendous baselines, but a lot variety within the Spanish players?
RAFAEL NADAL: Feliciano serve and volley. Me, I play from the baseline, but David Ferrer play from the baseline too, but different than me for sure. Verdasco play with unbelievable forehand. Moya play very aggressive, very good serve, very good forehand. Not the same backhand. (Laughter.)
Well, the styles are different for every player, that is my opinion.

End of FastScripts

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48247

dulkogi
03-20-2008, 04:54 PM
OMG!

come on rafa!

hra87
03-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Blake - 6-7 7-6 6-0

Edit: considering my quality predictions, I wonder why my vcash is so low?

l_mac
03-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Great presser.

I love Rafa. :D

Luvyoyoma1954@co
03-21-2008, 03:02 AM
I love our Rafa too.:wavey::wavey:

neenah
03-21-2008, 03:06 AM
First set to Rafa 7-5.

Two days in a row of beating past roasters? ;) I shouldn't jinx it. :tape:

neenah
03-21-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm a fantastic jinx. 3-6 in the second set. :awww:

MariaV
03-21-2008, 04:30 AM
Now THAT was a good win! 7-5 3-6 6-3. And that was some great tennis, boy I am glad I set my alarm clock and got up for the match. :worship: :bowdown:
Of course brainless James messed it up big time, far too many UEs (42) and Rafa stayed tough. :worship: :bowdown: VAMOS vs the Djoke now! :banana: :bigclap: :bowdown:

Aenea
03-21-2008, 04:32 AM
1 more win against a player Rafa had problems beating before. :bigclap:
I'm just so happy!! :dance:

Go, Rafa!! You’re doing great so far!

GuiroNl
03-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Good. My prediction was wrong :)

neenah
03-21-2008, 04:50 AM
:dance: