Rafa in IW 2008 - SF and 2 good wins :yeah: [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa in IW 2008 - SF and 2 good wins :yeah:

Pages : 1 [2]

raven gypsy
03-21-2008, 04:55 AM
woo-hoo ....
Couldn't be happier for him. Really good win for him.

time for Metis to update the list ;)

hra87
03-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Blake - 6-7 7-6 6-0

Edit: considering my quality predictions, I wonder why my vcash is so low?

Djerkobitch - 6-3 6-4 (Injury timeouts at 1-3 in the first and 4-4 in the second; total match time: 4 hours, 20 minutes)

Tiklish
03-21-2008, 05:17 AM
Great to see Rafa fighting through those last two matches and playing so well at the end! Here's to hoping he can keep this up against Djokovic.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
03-21-2008, 05:27 AM
He is the greatest. Talented, powerful, funny, kind, gentle and so very very handsome, sexy and vulnerable looking. What more could we ask for or want.

His interviews are the best.
:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Metis
03-21-2008, 06:11 AM
woo-hoo ....
Couldn't be happier for him. Really good win for him.

time for Metis to update the list ;)

I am happy to oblige :hatoff:

In which round is Rafa going to lose?

1st - (Bye) Blaze-2004, hra87 :lol:
2nd - yana, l_mac
3rd - dulkogi, hra87
4th - scarecrows, mimi, Naide
QF - Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn
SF - tennizen, cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74
F - Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, tennizen
W - l_mac :spit:, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro, Blaze-2004

in bold font: predictions after the draw came out.

yana, l_mac, dulkogi, hra87, scarecrows, mimi, Naide, Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn :ras:

I'm happy to be wrong and I'm sure every other participant shares that feeling; well, except for scarecrows that is :lol: :hug:

Tnn74
03-21-2008, 06:24 AM
:wavey: Hi again people!
I am back from the tournament and I'm happy to say that I've got PLENTY of pics this time around :lol: I was there right at the start of his practice session and got plenty of pics, now if someone could show me how to upload them by thumbnails, i will post them asap :) Also got him to sign my calendar, and I am glad to say, after all the tribulations and how his last 2 matches unfolded, I've never been so proud to be a Rafatard :bigclap: so now that I'm back recovering from the sun burn, I will be posting them pics, vamos Rafito! :banana:

Foxy
03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
"WHO'S NEXT?" :D

Just bring it on!

mallorn
03-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Rafa! :hug: :sobbing: :D :clap2: :crying2: :worship: :hearts:

I'm sorry if I seem hysterical, but it's such an important win! :woohoo:

the_natural
03-21-2008, 10:10 AM
For some reason I believed he could beat Blake from the first point of the match when i saw him going after the ball (at no time did i feel this way during the tsonga match), This is the kind of tennis he was playing a year ago when he won the title, he hasnt played this way in a LONG time, and I actually think he may be even better than last year cos hes able to play this way in bad circumstances, last year he was just on a confidence streak where he was able to play aggressively like this until someone (like Koyla) started matching him and gettin his best shots back with interest, this time around he seems to still be going after his serve and hitting attacking returns even against big first serves, theres still more i think he will need to improve on if he is going to be able to beat someone like Nole or Nalby, Maybe even the swiss, but hes on the right path, maybe he can protect his ranking after all??

But i still dont think he will beat nole unless nole plays like he did today, rafa has had 2 very long exhausting matches just like Canada last year, even if he were to make the final (which he would need 3 tough sets to do against an in form nole), I dont know if hed have the legs left to take on Nalby or the swiss.

But i definatley think the game is there, even though Blake gave away the match (he was in control for most of it) rafa seemed to get more and more NATURALLY aggressive as the match progressed and he really did take away blakes final service game, and he didnt seem to have that little lull of passivity that he usually does when the opponent deflates him with big hitting.

Foxy
03-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Nole is a great player but I think Rafa has more chances to beat him than beating Blake.
I am not so sure about Fed, though. Rafa is playing like a pussy against Fed nowadays on hard.

yana
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Rafa! :hug: :sobbing: :D :clap2: :crying2: :worship: :hearts:

I'm sorry if I seem hysterical, but it's such an important win! :woohoo:

It's a historical win! :worship:

Sean.J.S.
03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Congrats on finally beating Blake, Rafa! :worship:

mallorn
03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Rafa's presser. :D
March 20, 2008

Rafael Nadal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You were very expressive at the end that match. Can you tell us how much beating James meant for you tonight?
RAFAEL NADAL: The thing is not beating James, no? The thing is being in semifinal and beating against two big players like Tsonga and Blake in quarterfinals. So for me it was very important two matches.
Because in the last months I didn't have bad results. Semifinal in Australia, final in Chennai and semifinal in Shanghai and final in Bercy. So it wasn't bad results. But the true is I feel like I didn't win against the best players the world, no? So when I have two consecutive wins against these players, so that's very important for me.

Q. At the same time, obviously the most important is getting through. But because you lost three times before to James, that must feel nice to know that you can win?
RAFAEL NADAL: Sure. I know he's a very difficult player for me for play against him, no? Very aggressive player all the time.
I like to play a little bit more from the baseline, no? And he play so aggressive all the time and it's very difficult for me. Sure, after three loses, it's very important for me and I'm very happy for that beat against big player like James and difficult player for me, no?

Q. Can you talk about the end of the third set, especially the game where you broke him. You were very aggressive with the forehand and the return of serve.
RAFAEL NADAL: I fought all the time. If I have the chance with the second serve in that game, I going to play aggressive. I going to play the winner inside or outside, but I going to try to do the winner with the forehand, no?
Sometimes in the match is some moments you have to do what you feel, no? And at this moment I feel like I'm playing good, good tennis, very good tennis today. I feel very good the ball with the forehand. So I think if I have to win this match, I have to win with my forehand. Well, lucky for me the ball is on the line.

Q. Next match is Djokovic in the semifinal. You have a better score than Djokovic. Any thoughts on that? Are you assuming maybe...
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, probably I play against one of the -- well, the best player of the first part of the season, so -- well, this is an interesting match for me, going to be challenge for me play against him.
The same time, very happy for be in the semifinal. Anyway, right now I have very good tournament, the first Masters Series of the year in hard court for play the semifinal is very good result, and for sure I going to try my best for play against Djokovic on Saturday.
So going to be a very tough match, I know. I have to play like the last part of the match if I want it bin.

Q. If you can compare, if that's possible, his game and Roger Federer's game, aside from the double-handed backhand and one-handed backhand, what are the similarities and differences between the two styles of the game?
RAFAEL NADAL: I'm nobody for speak about that, but I think the style is so different, no? I think, I don't know, what can I say? But I feel like Federer is more talented player, for sure. Both have very good forehand, both have good control with the backhand, and, well, good serve. Good serve for both, no?
Probably not big powerful serve, but always very good direction, 200, 210, 207 kilometers per hour. Perfect serve for his game, no?

Q. In the first set today, you were serving for the first set and you were down Love-40. Can you take us through what you did to turn it around and win that game?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, first, he has one mistake in the return of Love-40 with backhand on second serve. Later I think I played two good points, no? I play one aggressive point. And later in the 30-40 I have a good serve on his forehand and I put one forehand to his backhand and he put the ball out like this.
So, well, the true is it was a very important game, no?

Q. What did you tell yourself going into the third set, because it looked like after the second set he had regained control and he was, like you say, very aggressive and dictating all the time.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, but I didn't feel playing bad, so I am happy for play good. Try to go to the third set for -- try to play my best and enjoy the match and enjoy playing my game, because I'm playing fine. Be concentrate, so that's it.
So just try to play my best tennis. I know if I play my best tennis, my thought was I have to win my serve, because I think I going to have one chance for the break, no? I going to have chances for break.
But I know his big returner, so going to be tough save my serve for all the set. I have some breakpoint in the first game I think.

Q. Can you talk about the hard courts here? Just seem to be very comfortable on these hard courts. How are these different from like other hard courts here in America?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think the different is the ball, no? The ball is getting more topspin here than probably in Australia. The Penn ball is a little bit more favorable for me than the Wilson, that's for sure.
Well, for other reason I have more comfortable with the forehand, with the backhand, no? The ball getting more topspin and, well, my game is better like this.

End of FastScripts

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48323

Castafiore
03-21-2008, 03:20 PM
From James Blake's press conference:

Q. It's like a boxing match playing somebody who gives 100 percent like you do. How difficult and how challenging to play somebody like that?
JAMES BLAKE: Well, I mean, outside of the result it's usually a lot of fun. Playing someone that gets to so many balls, makes you work, can change the pace, can change defense to offense so quickly, it ends up being a lot of fun. You're not playing a man who's one dimensional, that just has a huge serve. :cool:
Those matches tend to be a little more tedious. This one, it's a lot of fun. There's a lot of back and forth, me going for big forehands. Him going for big forehands, big serves here and there.
Just like I said yesterday, I figured it was going to come down to who's going to play a couple of big points better. I think he probably only had tow break points in the third set. I maybe only had one, and he took advantage and I didn't.
I had some break point opportunities at 6-5 in the first set. I didn't get those. That was the difference in the match. Just a couple of points here and there.
You know, I kind of figured that was going to be the case. Just had to play my game and try to play as comfortably as I could and not let his defense and his game affect me. And, you know, he's 2 in the world for a reason, and he did make his presence felt out there. I didn't do enough to hurt him on the big points.
Rest of it can be here (http://http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48324)

Also, Rafa's good memory for points and matches is coming through. They ask the same question to James and Rafa. James says that he can't remember it point-by-point. Rafa starts to give a detailled point-by-point account.

Getta
03-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Yesterday I was too busy and unable to access the Internet. I've just seen the yesterday's matches results.

Well, it's one of the rare cases I love having to repeat myself.

So happy for Rafa. :banana:

And stiff bored with all this nonsense about Rafa's crappiness on hard courts.

Yesss. From crappiness to happiness. :woohoo:

Keep rolling, Rafa. :rocker2:

Getta
03-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Also, Rafa's good memory for points and matches is coming through. They ask the same question to James and Rafa. James says that he can't remember it point-by-point. Rafa starts to give a detailled point-by-point account.

Really? Quite surprising that someone who attended the Harvard University couldn't give a detailed point-by-point account.
Maybe if Blake had dropped out of Harvard in his junior year (instead of sophomore) he could have answered in a way that could justify all the hype about his studies. :)

Metis
03-21-2008, 08:05 PM
From James Blake's press conference:

Rest of it can be here (http://http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=48324)

While I was reading Rafa's interview I was actually thinking how on earth he could remember in so much detail that game in the 1st set especially after such an intense match and all the emotion that followed. :eek:

Really? Quite surprising that someone who attended the Harvard University couldn't give a detailed point-by-point account.
Maybe if Blake had dropped out of Harvard in his junior year (instead of sophomore) he could have answered in a way that could justify all the hype about his studies. :)

they don't call him brainless for nothing :p

Actually, to be fair to Blake I don't think attending Harvard or even having a degree matters much as far as remembering the points he played in detail is concerned. Besides, maybe he wanted to forget that game in order to keep his focus and positive attitude in the 2nd set :shrug:.

The contrast with Nadal's answer though is indicative of Rafa's ability to process in his mind what goes on during a match and adapt his tactics to the best of his ability in order to win it.

l_mac
03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
While I was reading Rafa's interview I was actually thinking how on earth he could remember in so much detail that game in the 1st set especially after such an intense match and all the emotion that followed. :eek:

The contrast with Nadal's answer though is indicative of Rafa's ability to process in his mind what goes on during a match and adapt his tactics to the best of his ability in order to win it.

Metis you ridiculous fangirl :mad: :smash: It is obvious to the great tennis minds of MTF that Nadal is the stupidest player on tour, who only ever has plan A and makes no adjustments on court at all. :rolleyes:

Castafiore
03-21-2008, 08:33 PM
I remember reading about this sort of thing in Filip Dewulf's tennis blog. I can't remember in what context anymore but at a certain point, Dewulf got talking to Costa (former colleagues) about old matches and so on and Costa mentioned that Nadal's memory for matches is phenomenal.

Metis
03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Metis you ridiculous fangirl :mad: :smash: It is obvious to the great tennis minds of MTF that Nadal is the stupidest player on tour, who only ever has plan A and makes no adjustments on court at all. :rolleyes:

You're right. The excessive joy (added to raving Rafatardism) has blinded me :awww:

I remember reading about this sort of thing in Filip Dewulf's tennis blog. I can't remember in what context anymore but at a certain point, Dewulf got talking to Costa (former colleagues) about old matches and so on and Costa mentioned that Nadal's memory for matches is phenomenal.

Also during past matches I remember quite a few times when the commentators showed how he changed his position to return serve from one set to another.

hra87
03-21-2008, 09:15 PM

Yeah, this is actually quite regular for Nadal. But you can't give him THAT much credit, we would remember the shots and stuff better if we were actually there playing. Keep in mind, adrenaline serves to imprint memories. That's why post-traumatic stress disorder is so serious. He still has a great memory, but not as incredible as it seems at first. But it does seem to be better than most players.

Castafiore
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, this is actually quite regular for Nadal. But you can't give him THAT much credit, we would remember the shots and stuff better if we were actually there playing.
:shrug: I wasn't aware that I was giving him THAT much credit.
Dewulf and Costa, both former professional tennis players, were both impressed with Nadal's ability to remember matches. I can't be bothered to look up the blog entry but there was more to this story. Costa gave a specific example about somebody bringing up a match from years ago and Rafa could do a point-by-point reconstruction and Costa said that he can do that about many matches (not just the big ones).

Don't worry, I'm not about to break the code and call Rafa a genius for this. ;) I'm just making one positive comment about his memory for matches. I guess that I shouldn't do that on MTF.

Naide
03-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Ha Blake.
HA HA HA.

hra87
03-21-2008, 09:44 PM
:shrug: I wasn't aware that I was giving him THAT much credit.
Dewulf and Costa, both former professional tennis players, were both impressed with Nadal's ability to remember matches. I can't be bothered to look up the blog entry but there was more to this story. Costa gave a specific example about somebody bringing up a match from years ago and Rafa could do a point-by-point reconstruction and Costa said that he can do that about many matches (not just the big ones).

Don't worry, I'm not about to break the code and call Rafa a genius for this. ;) I'm just making one positive comment about his memory for matches. I guess that I shouldn't do that on MTF.

Heh, no, I'm impressed too. People on here pretend Rafa is stupid, while so many other tennis player comment on how smart he is.

Metis
03-22-2008, 02:57 AM
OOP for tomorrow:

STADIUM 1

Not Before 1:00 PM
[3] N Djokovic (SRB) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP)

Not Before 3:00 PM
[1] R Federer (SUI) vs M Fish (USA) :spit:

Vamos :sport:

hra87
03-22-2008, 04:48 AM
Mardy "two handed backhand down the line, one of the best shots in the game" Fish - 6-0 6-0.

Edit: it's really so funny that the commentator made that comment considering who Fish was playing.

Tiklish
03-22-2008, 05:55 AM
Glad to see Rafa fighting so hard out there the last couple matches and playing so well at the end against Blake. Hope he can keep it going against Djokovic.

Sean.J.S.
03-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Urg...I wanted the Rafa/Nole match to be the night session. :mad:

Does anyone actually give a **** about the Federer/Fish match? :rolleyes: :o

Vamos for Rafa anyway...kick ass. :devil:

GuiroNl
03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Horrible show from Nadal yet again. I thought that he learned something from the Blake match.

But now, his famous arse was on display to the ball boys again and never considered to just bash a second serve from Djokovic straight back at him.

What does it take for this guy to learn?

Aurora
03-22-2008, 10:07 PM
thank you very much for that excellent insightful post.

anyhoo, on to Miami. With the fighting spirit back in full force, I'm carefully positive about the next months :)

raven gypsy
03-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Really disappointing match :sad:

Djoker is steamrolling ahead.

Metis
03-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Really disappointing match :sad:

Djoker is steamrolling ahead.

Well, at least you won the game :lol:

In which round is Rafa going to lose?

1st - (Bye) Blaze-2004, hra87 :lol:
2nd - yana, l_mac
3rd - dulkogi, hra87
4th - scarecrows, mimi, Naide
QF - Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn
SF - tennizen, cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74
F - Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, tennizen
W - l_mac :spit:, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro, Blaze-2004

in bold font: predictions after the draw came out.

The losers:

yana, l_mac, dulkogi, hra87, scarecrows, mimi, Naide, Metis, Xristos, Getta, GuiroNI, mallorn, Foxy, Luvyoyoma1954, tennizen, tennischeto, Bug, The_Pro, Blaze-2004 :ras:

Congrats to the winners:
cmurray, raven_gypsy, MariaV, Tnn74 :aparty:

:mad:

Aenea
03-22-2008, 10:36 PM
What happened to Rafa in this match :sad:
He didn't play well but produced some amazing shots though. It seemed to me he was low on confidence and lacked concentration. After those amazing matches against Tsonga and Blake I thought he would at least put up a fight vs Djoker. :sad:
Whatever...IW is over. Moving on to Miami. There are still big tournaments waiting to be won. :D

alisia
03-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Awful match by Rafa even thou he was hampered by an injury :sad: at least Fish thumped Federer :banana: Better luck to Rafa in Miami :D

raven gypsy
03-23-2008, 12:34 AM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/812/rafiwvo8.jpg
By woa (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/woa) at 2008-03-22

Sums up this day!

RogiRafaFan86
03-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Rafa was tired. After those two amazing wins, he had nothing left to give. Not an excuse, it's just the way it was. I'm sure he did learn a lot from those two wins, he just couldn't do it today. Just about everyone said he wouldn't defend the title, and he didn't. But he had 2 wins that most predicted he wouldn't get, and that doesn't change just because he lost today. Yeah, points wise it would have been better for him to have lost in the final if he was going to lose, but this was the next best thing.

I'm still happy. I don't think that affected his confidence one bit. I mean...at least he didn't lose to Mardy Fish. :lol:

Bring on Miami! And then please God bring on the clay season!

Tnn74
03-23-2008, 01:45 AM
:sad: Yes, God please bring on the clay season! :awww:

Tnn74
03-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Well, at least you won the game :lol:

I would have loved to be wrong in this case, at least it would have been great to at least get to the finals, not give djoker another shot at closing in on his faymoose ass, any closer and Novak would be the one pulling on Raf's butt :rolleyes:

GuiroNl
03-23-2008, 09:25 AM
So he was tired, even more reason to come on court with different tactics right?

I mean, in the Blake and Tsonga matches, Nadal was standing just behind or on the baseline. But he didn't against Djokvic. He decided to stand far behind the baseline and try to get back everything when tired? Questionable tactics to say the least.

mallorn
03-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Rafa's presser.
March 22, 2008

Rafael Nadal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You seemed to have trouble finding your game most the day, and you appeared to have an injury. Give us an overview of what happened.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, sir, no. No injury. I didn't feel very well playing tennis. I had more mistakes than usually. Well, I feel a little bit tired from last two matches. That's sure. Because, well, in the runs I feel a little bit more slowly than days before.
Well, if you play against one player like Novak you have to play 100% if I want to have chances to win.

Q. Can you compare him from this time last year when you beat him in the finals?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I can't compare Novack with last year. I play more times after the last year final from here, so we can't compare with other matches. I play like four or five matches. And, well, this one is the one who -- one he beat easier to me, I think is the one I play worst. That's sure. Well, the true is he play better than me, and for that reason he beat me. Difficult to say more things.

Q. Do you know why you didn't play your best today? Were you not feeling so good getting on the court, or did you know beforehand that you were not maybe 100% in your tennis?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I have very tough matches in the rounds before, very tight matches. You have to be 100%, so he play, for sure, less hours than me on court, easier matches, and he play better than me, so cannot do a thing. That's it.

Q. Did you still feel that you can take confidence from the matches you won this week?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me it's a very positive tournament, no? Play semifinal in the first Masters Series of the season in hard court, beating two big players against Blake and Tsonga.
Today unfortunately I didn't play my best, and day was easier than I would like. But tennis is like this. The positive thing is I'm in semifinals, no? I have to think in positive and try to go to Miami with my best chances. I going to try my best for play a very good tournament there, no?

Q. Which tournament suits you better, this one or Miami, because of the conditions? Where do you feel more comfortable?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me here is very good conditions, no? Semifinals, Champions semifinals. I think in no other tournament in hard court I have this results, so maybe this one is very good conditions for me.
Miami I have final after one quarterfinals, third round, and fourth round, something like this. Not bad, too.

Q. What did you take the medical timeout for? What was happening with your foot?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I was -- I don't know exactly, no? But very tough in English for me. I improve but not a lot.
MODERATOR: Just next to the nail, next to the toenail. It was just, you know, bothering me. It was hitting -- every time I was pushing near the toenail.
RAFAEL NADAL: I'm not saying that this affect something in the match. It's not an excuse.

Q. Even though you were tired and he was playing well, you did have some chances.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. I had the break in the first set. Well, he break me in the next game so it's too soon. If I won that game 3-1, I can get more confidence because he had start the match having some mistakes, too.
It was tough, the break back after my break, no? So, well, after this I feel he (in Spanish).
THE MODERATOR: With very little he was hurting me much more than I was doing to him.
RAFAEL NADAL: And I think that this thing happened because I was a little bit slow, slower than the day before, no? So I can't go to the ball and continuing running 100%.
So he play very inside the court. He always beat me the position inside the court easier than I can do against him. With his backhand, cross backhand, it is bothering me a lot.

Q. It seems like with Djokovic now as opposed to last year - I think you played him seven times in the last year - it's hard to hit through him to find places to exploit him.
RAFAEL NADAL: He's a very complete player, no? Very good serve, very good backhand, very good forehand. He's moving fast and moving well. He has very good position on court.
He has the position -- feel the position inside the court very easy, and that's very difficult when you're playing with these fast balls. He can do it, so that's exceptional quality.
So, well, the only way for beat him is the way when I play against him in Shanghai: Very aggressive. All the time playing the ball with -- touching the ball with big powerful backhand, forehand, and try to play very good.

Q. On a hard surface, how would you compare a guy like Novak to someone like Roger in terms of being difficult to play against?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know, no? I don't like to compare the players, no? Everyone have his style, so that's it.

Q. Did you feel you were moving slower than usual right from the very start of the match or a few games into the first set?
RAFAEL NADAL: I feel slower from the beginning, I think, no? Well, I am coming more tired during the match, no? I think I start the match --
BENITO PEREZ: Spark.
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know in English. Sorry.

Q. How good do you think Novak is playing right now? He's had such good result this year. Do you think he's maybe even better than Roger right now the way he's playing?
RAFAEL NADAL: Another comparation (sic).

Q. Really more his level.
RAFAEL NADAL: Right now he's No. 1 on the race, and he going to continuing be No. 1 because he has a very good result here, no?
I think he's not better than Roger, but in the first part of the season he play better than no one, so going to have big chances for be No. 1 this year for sure. Why not?

Q. What do you do now? Do you rest a little bit? Take some time off? Disengage everything? Or do you go back out there and work hard?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I have a lot of hours this week on court. I have to rest one day, that's sure.
Tomorrow I going to have day off, and I think fly tomorrow night to Miami. I going to practice in Miami late Monday, late in the afternoon.

Q. Will you do anything on your day off? Play golf or anything, or just sit around the room?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, sleep a little bit and well, love to play golf, yes. That's it. Maybe watch a little bit the final tomorrow. I don't know. Depends.

Q. Nothing special, Rafa, for Easter? You know it's Easter Sunday.
RAFAEL NADAL: Nothing special, no? I would love to go to Los Angeles for watch the Lakers, but Gasol is injury, so I am thinking. I don't know yet.

End of FastScripts
Rest up and come back bouncing. :bounce:

the_natural
03-24-2008, 07:34 AM
I think he played pretty well, I was impressed, I didnt think there was anything wrong with him at all, but he was tired so if hes fully refreshed in miami, the skies the limit.