WIMBLEDON TOMMY.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WIMBLEDON TOMMY....

YoursTruly
06-21-2004, 12:49 PM
GO TOMMY!!! Let's go mi dulce guapisimo!!! One of the best grasscourt playing guys from Spain!!! ;) :hearts: :yeah: :crazy:

~EMiLiTA~
06-21-2004, 04:02 PM
well he has to play the Italian Starace in the first round...he should be able to beat him, though you can never be sure of these things...second round will be Marray or Beck which will be tougher...let's see, looks like he is playing well on grass at the moment given his Ordina Open results. He's also playing doubles at Wimby with Juan Ignacio Carrasco...

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Tommy,I believe you will win this match,come on!!!

YoursTruly
06-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Tommy has already won half of the battle by being super guapisimo sexiii y simpatico! Hehehehe :lol: :hearts: Buena suerte Tommy!!!

CooCooCachoo
06-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Carrasco is a good partner for Tommy. I am sure he will make fewer mistakes than Braasch did in Rosmalen! I hope Tommy will be a bit more consistent. His match against Burgsmüller was really really poor, but then against Verdasco and Cañas he played really well..

Snoopy_Girl
06-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Well, he's doing well.. let's just hope the rain won't mess things up!
Vamos Tommy :bounce:

hennie
06-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Tommy's playing doubles?? Do you think that will affect his performance in his singles matches? I mean, he'll be pretty tired and all...what do you guys think?

Snoopy_Girl
06-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Tommy's playing doubles?? Do you think that will affect his performance in his singles matches? I mean, he'll be pretty tired and all...what do you guys think?They aren't playing with all this rain anyway, so more than enough time to rest ;)... But no, I don't think he'll be really tired from an extra doubles match. It's not as if he's there to win the Wimby doubles title. The main focus is on the singles and the doubles are more like a little match practice on the side. As long as he doesn't have to play 2 5 sets singles matches and a doubles match in one day, I think he'll be just fine ;).

hennie
06-23-2004, 04:21 PM
As long as he doesn't have to play 2 5 sets singles matches and a doubles match in one day, I think he'll be just fine ;).

Agree with you on that... argh, if only he can finish his 1st round match quick...stupid rain! :mad:

Just worry if him playing doubles will tire him more when he plays singles on a sunny day. :eek:

Snoopy_Girl
06-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Agree with you on that... argh, if only he can finish his 1st round match quick...stupid rain! :mad:

Just worry if him playing doubles will tire him more when he plays singles on a sunny day. :eek:I doubt that. Tommy is a healthy player in good condition.. One doubles match instead of a few hours on the practice courts or a doubles match with a shorter practice session before/after the match.. it's all pretty much the same for pro players... I think it'll help him with his volleys and stuff :)

CooCooCachoo
06-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Tommy's playing doubles?? Do you think that will affect his performance in his singles matches? I mean, he'll be pretty tired and all...what do you guys think?

Not really.. They shortened the doubles matches to BO3 (as opposed to BO5).. But if the rain delays continue, it might well happen that he needs to play 2 or even 3 matches a day, and with some bad luck two days in a row too, and that would break him down. But he is not injury prone, so I hope and expect him to be fine :)

YoursTruly
06-24-2004, 11:26 AM
GO TOMMY!!! VAMOS! ;)

Snoopy_Girl
06-24-2004, 07:00 PM
:bounce: :bounce: He won, he won :bounce: :bounce:

Well done Tommy :kiss:. Beat them all ;)

And CooCoo never say Tommy's not injury prone.. You might jinx it and if he gets seriously injured within a year, you know who I'm gonna blame :p

RogiFan88
06-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Yay, Tommy won easily over Starace today!!! Adelante!!

Raquel
06-25-2004, 09:44 AM
:bounce: Well done Tommy!! :bounce:

Good Luck in the next round!! Vamos :D

hennie
06-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Robredo lost!!!
in 3 straight sets :sad:

CooCooCachoo
06-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Karol is a great grass court player, but so is Tommy and this straight sets loss goes to show how inconsistent he is :sad:

Snoopy_Girl
06-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Tommy :sad: How the hell did he manage to do that? :fiery: :banghead: :shout: You were my last REAL fave left in the draw.. after today.. every single one of them out :(

YoursTruly
06-25-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm so sorry mi dulce Tommy lost! He had a great shot at it but he did his best! Go Tommy!!! ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Tommy,what's going on?Why did you lose in this way again? :banghead: You know I love you and I really care about your result!!! :kiss: Is that guy really so well???I will answer the same what you said the interview after winning Massu in Roland Garros!!!:cool:

TOMMY ROBREDO: Well, I think it's not the thing of my serve. I think it's the thing of everything, no? I played a really good match. He didn't play such a good match and, well, if you get all of these things, he just make the four serve wins on his serve, no? And I think it's not a thing of my serve or a thing of anything, just a complete thing that I played really good, he didn't play that good. Finally I could beat him real easy, no? :rocker2:

I think this is the reason you lost the match!!! :smoke: He played well and Tommy you played not good! :tears: Anyway,hope U will play better later!!! :rocker:

misyou25
06-26-2004, 02:46 PM
next year...is he still in the doubles? no?

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-26-2004, 07:15 PM
In fact I dun know but My Tommy boy :inlove: seems like playing in the doubles!!! :tennis: I have a idea that he should not play in doubles in French Open and no opposite comment if he play this in other 3 grand slams. :sport:

May
06-30-2004, 01:36 PM
It seems that Tommy did best in the week before the Grand Slams... :p
Well I still think Tommy could do well on grass,and after that,there're many TMS waiting.Let's hope he can go further! :wavey: