Spreading Reputation [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Spreading Reputation

Angle Queen
03-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I don't log in much, much less give reputation...so it makes me go crazy when I get the dreaded message that I've got to spread it around some more. I can't look up who I gave it to last or how many other posters I've got to rep before I can hit the same one again.

Why can't it be tied to "time" instead of "number of other reps" (or whatever the heck it's related to)? Know you probably can't or won't change it; I just want to gripe.

Truc
03-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh yes, it's very annoying. I feel like I give quite a lot of reps, but constantly get that message too.

Lee
03-03-2008, 06:41 PM
IMO, I think it's more reasonable to limit giving reputation to 20/day instead of 10/day and as long as you don't rep the same poster in the same day. No need to rep another 20 posters before you can rep the same poster again.

belco
03-04-2008, 01:59 AM
IMO, I think it's more reasonable to limit giving reputation to 20/day instead of 10/day and as long as you don't rep the same poster in the same day. No need to rep another 20 posters before you can rep the same poster again.

i agree with you :)

i cant remember the last time i repp'ed u but i still cant give u one :(

savesthedizzle
03-04-2008, 02:28 AM
I'd rep you Lee, but I can't :p

I did rep belco though :)

Lee
03-04-2008, 02:42 AM
belco last rep me on 2-23-08 :p

Lee
03-04-2008, 02:43 AM
I'd rep you Lee, but I can't :p

I did rep belco though :)

:mad::mad::mad:

belco
03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
belco last rep me on 2-23-08 :p

:eek:

the system sure does suck :ras:

StevoTG
04-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Yeah this rep thing is the only problem I've got with the running of MTF. If I think someone has made a great point or I agree with someone I can't good rep them if I've good rep'd them recently. However I don't good rep terribly often and used to find myself often agreeing with and good-repping the same people, now I have to look around for others to good rep in the mean time even if it's or something I usually wouldn't consider repping :shrug:

Where's the harm in letting us good-rep whoever we want anyway?

P.S. I feel a good-rep coming on for Angle Queen for starting this thread.

Naranoc
04-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah this rep thing is the only problem I've got with the running of MTF. If I think someone has made a great point or I agree with someone I can't good rep them if I've good rep'd them recently. However I don't good rep terribly often and used to find myself often agreeing with and good-repping the same people, now I have to look around for others to good rep in the mean time even if it's or something I usually wouldn't consider repping :shrug:

Where's the harm in letting us good-rep whoever we want anyway?

I'm not completely sure, but using the example of bad reps, it's probably to prevent someone from constantly badrepping the same people all the time, which would get irritating after a while (even now, some members eagerly count down the four-day rep limit just to bad rep another user). I don't think it's possible to technically separate how good and bad reps work.

martine2
04-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh yes, it's very annoying. I feel like I give quite a lot of reps, but constantly get that message too.

I second that.
I don't give that many reps so when I do, I can't rep that same person for ages :mad:

Jelena
04-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I second that.
I don't give that many reps so when I do, I can't rep that same person for ages :mad:
same with me :awww:

luxsword
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Bad reps should be limited the way it is, but good rep should be unlimited. :dance:
And I'd like to be able to see ALL the reps I was given, too, cause the old ones vanish :awww:

luxsword
07-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I was given reputation a while ago, without any message attached, and it's neither red nor green, but some kind of blue/grey. I asssume it's not meant to be red cause it was by tennisfan444, who seems, according to his/her profile to like Safin and it was for a pic I posted in Marat's picture thread. :shrug: But I wonder why it's of this strange color. :scratch:

Fergie
07-12-2008, 07:12 PM
When a member has less than 50 post all the reputations that spread are grey ;)

Knightmace
07-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I second that.
Yea it's annoying I rep like 15 people.

luxsword
07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
When a member has less than 50 post all the reputations that spread are grey ;)

Woa, thanks for the answer. :worship: :)

Ivanatis
07-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Bad reps should be limited the way it is, but good rep should be unlimited. :dance:
And I'd like to be able to see ALL the reps I was given, too, cause the old ones vanish :awww:

I support all of this 100 %.

Manon
07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I support all of this 100 %.

+ 100 %

Eden
07-30-2008, 12:27 PM

Just copy your reps into Microsoft Word and store them up :) So can have a look at old reps whenever you want ;)

Aenea
08-03-2008, 08:10 AM

I second that. There aren't too many posters I'd like to good rep and I'm not writing to many posts. Why should you limit the good reps? If I find a great post and I have recently good rep the poster I should either write a post like "Oh yeah I agree with you" or send him/her a PM.

but-it's-ok
08-21-2008, 09:40 AM
I've had my 1st bad rep,and it was uncalled for to say the least.. I have a feeling that bad reps arent monitored:( Can someone reassure me?

Neely
08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Relax, a bad rep is only like a feeback of a poster or to express dislike of a poster or so. You're only losing a few reputation points, and it has no consequences and you won't see it anymore as soon as you get enough reps to knock it off the first page of your User CP.

but-it's-ok
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the reassurance Neely:)

Aenea
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Relax, a bad rep is only like a feeback of a poster or to express dislike of a poster or so. You're only losing a few reputation points, and it has no consequences and you won't see it anymore as soon as you get enough reps to knock it off the first page of your User CP.

Is there a second page of User CP? I can't see mine :confused:

Truc
08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
We used to have more than one page, maybe that's why Neely is saying that. We could see all the older reps. But not anymore.

Time Violation
11-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Maybe a noob question, but here goes: what is the purpose of reputation here? It seems to me that everybody have the same level (reputation beyond repute)? :confused:

Naranoc
11-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Maybe a noob question, but here goes: what is the purpose of reputation here? It seems to me that everybody have the same level (reputation beyond repute)? :confused:

As a convenient way of sending messages to other people without the hassle of PMs :p. No one really bothers with 'reputation' itself, which is just as it should be, IMO (unless you have a red bar, which is probably for a valid reason :lol:)

JolánGagó
11-21-2008, 11:40 AM
(unless you have a red bar, which is probably for a valid reason :lol:)

What does it mean? Who makes it red? mods?

Naranoc
11-21-2008, 01:16 PM
What does it mean? Who makes it red? mods?

Nope, other posters by repeatedly badrepping you.

SloKid
11-21-2008, 10:03 PM
With every rep you get a certain amount of points (one tenth of the points the person repping you has, minus 1/20 for a bad rep), there are actually various reputation levels that you get to after reaching a certain amount of points, but as they are set pretty low, they are easy to reach, so quickly everyone has a reputation beyond repute and soon reaches the maximum amount of points (2147483647).

Anyway that all means little, reps are just used as a quick message system or showing someone you agree or don't with their posts.

And for those, who don't know the limit, you have 10 per day and you have to rep 20 people before repping someone again.

Tankman
02-10-2009, 02:15 AM
:ras:

I keep getting that stupid error message now. And I think I have at least 7 hrs left too :(

Also, may I voice my displeasure with the 30 second rule and the 60 second rule and every other draconian measure in place on this board.

Also, I would have liked to comment on the election of moderators, but you locked the thread. So I'll have to voice my approval of this right here. :p