My day at the Ordina Open 2004 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My day at the Ordina Open 2004

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey all!

Today I did visit the Ordina Open today. I was really looking forward to it coz 2 of my favs players had to play. Sad that they had to play each other in the first match of the day. Yes, I'm talking about Guillermo Coria and Arnaud Clement. When I arrived at the tournament both were still practising. I first did watch Arnaud Clement, took several pics and then I walked to the court where Guillermo was. Ofcourse I took many pics there as well. But then it did start raining (for the first time today). Coria wanted to run away, but luckily he gave me an autograph before he left.
At 11.30 am the match of Clement vs Coria did start. The first games took a long time, but Guille had the better start. But at 2-0, 40-40 it did start raining again. That moment was funny, not too far away of court1 there was the place where the players were waiting till the match could start again. Guillermo was signing to the people (fans) on the court when he was standing there, he did even wave to us :cool:. When it did stop raining the players came back, but before they could even hit a ball it did start raining again :o even while they didn't like it they had to leave court again they could see the fun of it, and Arnaud and Guillermo were making jokes ( I got several pics of them with a smile on their face) of it. Luckily after a not too long rain delay they did come back and the match could be finished. There were a lot of unexpectable moments in the match. First I was scared a bit coz Coria seemed to have an injury (have many pics of that as well) but luckily he stay playing. Ofcourse this made me happy, and I started to cheer for him a lot. I shouted 'Come on Guillermo!' 'several times, and I'm sure he did hear it often :).
Then there came the funniest part of the match. Clement didn't like a decision of the umpire and started complaining. That took a looong time, so Coria decided to sit down. And Arnaud was still complaining, did sit down as well and then he did complain again. After a few minutes they were going to play again, but then Guillermo started to complain. And in the break between 2 games they (read: Guille and Arnaud) started to talk to each other. And they did get really mad at each other, still talking about that ball if it was in or out. (I got lots of pics of this moment, I'll post some of these as well).
Finally they could finish their match. It was a great match, and Guillermo did play really good.
Me and a friend of me did take a little break to eat something and went to the center court to watch the 2nd set of the womens final. But that was not really intresting. So when it was finished we left Center Court again, coz on court1 the next match of Guillermo did start. This match was not as good as the match vs Clement. but I guess that is coz both players had played a match in the morning already. But still I did like to see Guillermo again. Ofcourse I was shouting 'come on guillermo' again during this match, and it did bring luck coz now he'll play final tomorrow.
This day was really fantastic, I took 124 pics of Guillermo. I won't post them all, and it will several days before I will start posting them, coz the files are still too big. The ones who really cannot wait can pm me their msnaddress, so I can send some of the pics by msn already. I did like Guillermo a lot already before I visited the tournament, but now I like him much more! (ok I guess he'll never beat Federer on my favlist, but he's getting realllly close).

star
06-19-2004, 11:26 PM
:bigclap: :worship: :bigclap:

I'm so glad you got to see Guille in person!! I think that sometimes all it takes is to see him right there in front of you to start really liking him. :)

And that fight between Guille and Clement was so funny. Why were they so mad? And did Guille look more than just 3 centimeters taller than Clement?

Oh, I have SO many questions to ask. :)

Thank you Yvo! :kiss: :kiss:

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah even my friend did start to like Guillermo. She used to dislike him, but now she's a bit a fan of him as well.
Yeah the 'fight' was really funny, wait till you see the pics ;) :lol: I didn't look at the difference in height, should have a look again on the pics to see it :p
Please ask your questions if you have them, I don't mind answering them

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 11:37 PM
This is one of the pics, when Guille was waiting till Clement did stop complaining :p

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Arnaud being mad

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 11:45 PM
I like this one :)

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 11:47 PM
And the last one for today (this pic is in the match vs. Ancic)

tennyfan
06-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Wow! Great pix! Thanks for sharing them ... and Keep 'em coming. :-)

star
06-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Beautiful pictures!!

I still dont' understand why they started having a fight with one another and I wonder what language they were using to speak to each other. Neither of them speaks English very well

I like the picture of Clement being mad and Guille is shruging his shoulders. :)

Ma. Estefania
06-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Thank you Legolas :clap2: :kiss:

Great pics, such a good quality ;)

As Star, I also like the pic in which Guille is shruging his shoulders, it looks like he's sort of trying to explain that's supposed to be logical to Arnaud. Funny one. ;)

athie
06-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Great stuff leggy :D

gina_
06-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Thanks for sharing :) The funny moment sounds incredibly cute! The pictures too...

MORE PICTURES! :D

It's nice to see a more friendly atmosphere on court, with abit of a humour in between. The tension of the French Open was thrilling and all but it killed my nerves.

Guille's Girl
06-20-2004, 02:19 AM
:haha: :haha: Pure unadulterated comedy!!! :haha: I wonder how they understood eachother or if they DID understand eachother! :haha:

Guille's Girl
06-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Oh by the way, awesome photo qaulity. What camera do you use?

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-20-2004, 03:27 AM
nice pictures!!
keep them coming!

iloveguille
06-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Legolas, thanks so much for the pictures and the updates. Yeah, I wonder also what language they were using...

El Mago jr.
06-20-2004, 05:25 AM
:worship: Come on Legolas, send us some more pics...PLEASE........:worship:

Jazzy
06-20-2004, 06:22 AM
lol, thanx for ur effort legolas :o - keep em coming!!! :)

alita
06-20-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the wonderful pics, Legolas. They make me so excited!! :hug: thanks for post them.

alita
06-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks for sharing :) The funny moment sounds incredibly cute! The pictures too...

MORE PICTURES! :D

It's nice to see a more friendly atmosphere on court, with abit of a humour in between. The tension of the French Open was thrilling and all but it killed my nerves.

Can someone explain what happened in that match guille vs clement? What is the funny moment? Amezauetta. :confused:
Everybody said that was a funny match. Oh~ what happened?

yixiang
06-20-2004, 08:02 AM

hahaha......... what is Guille doing by that gesture? Is he going to slap Clament on his face or he already did so???? :D :D :D :D :D

Really funny............

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh by the way, awesome photo qaulity. What camera do you use?

yeah I was surprised the pics would be this good. It's the first time I used this camera, it's the digital camera of my parents. It's a Panasonic Lumix

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 09:12 AM
nice pictures!!
keep them coming!

There will be many more, but I'm a bit busy. Think I will post most of them tomorrow (while watching Wimbledon)

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Legolas, thanks so much for the pictures and the updates. Yeah, I wonder also what language they were using...

It was hard to hear everything, the fans were all clapping and shouting 'shut up and play'. But I've heard some English words :p.
Guillermo talked a lot in his matches, that was really funny coz nobody could understand him.

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 09:26 AM
the first pic is after his match vs Clement. I was standing next to him :cool: sad that my friend was unable to take a pic while I was standing next to him, there were really too many people around.
The second pic is in his match vs. Ancic

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 09:50 AM
another one, this one is on practising courts

Guille's Girl
06-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Guillermo talked a lot in his matches, that was really funny coz nobody could understand him.

:haha: bwhahaha. Ya he siad he talks to himself cuz if he doesn't, he's day dreaming :p SO if he's talking alot, he's focused! Thanks for the pics!! Nice camera too. Panasonic is the best I promise. Got a 30 year old Panasonic reciever, ain't quit workin' yet.

Guille's Girl
06-20-2004, 10:29 AM
hahaha......... what is Guille doing by that gesture? Is he going to slap Clament on his face or he already did so???? :D :D :D :D :D

Really funny............

:haha: LMAO yeah Guille is like "I'll b*tch slap you back to France!" and Arnaud is like "Do it!!!! C'mon Kenny!" http://www.jakryan.com/images/Laughing.gif

sorry if I offended anybody...

Micca
06-20-2004, 10:47 AM
WOW HOW WAS IT LEGOLAS!?!?! You got to see everything! :O 2 GAMES :O:O JALEOUS!!! I'm sorry, I'm just soooo nervous for this day: GUILLE IS IN THE FINAL!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: OMG!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

kandykane
06-20-2004, 10:54 AM
with a fist like that, i thought arnaud was gonna punch guille's guts out.... funny tho

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 11:06 AM
:haha: bwhahaha. Ya he siad he talks to himself cuz if he doesn't, he's day dreaming :p SO if he's talking alot, he's focused! Thanks for the pics!! Nice camera too. Panasonic is the best I promise. Got a 30 year old Panasonic reciever, ain't quit workin' yet.

It was quiet funny, at one moment he said really loud 'Guillermo' he was not really happy with the way he was playing :p

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 11:22 AM
and another one...

Micca
06-20-2004, 11:25 AM
WOOOOOOW :inlove::inlove: OMG LOOOOOVE HIS ASS :D:D;);) :inlove::inlove: NICE PIC LEGOLAS!! :D:D:D :yeah:

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 11:25 AM
I love this one... :hearts:

Micca
06-20-2004, 11:27 AM
WOW WOW AND ANOTHER WOOOOWW!!!! HE'S SOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!:inlove::inlove:

alita
06-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Woow, thanks Legolas! :hug: NIcE :hearts:

Washa Koroleva
06-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Legolas, thank you soooo much for the report!
It's always nice to hear that from a fan :) and you definetely have a talent in writing, reminds me salinger, because he uses the language we speak with , hehe.
Thank you so much!

Washa Koroleva
06-20-2004, 01:37 PM
AND: thank you for the pics you posted! Especially this one with the... nice ass
:p :p :p :p :p
:cool:

Micca
06-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Hahhaha I Agree! Visit my site http://groups.msn.com/Love4GuillermoCoria and look around....Legolas' pictures are there 2 :) There's an album especially for her :D

Washa Koroleva
06-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Hahhaha I Agree! Visit my site http://groups.msn.com/Love4GuillermoCoria and look around....Legolas' pictures are there 2 :) There's an album especially for her :D

That's a really cool group! Didn't know it was yours. I guess I'm already a member of it. Gotta check it out. If not, then I'll entry that group. Thank you for the link ;)
:worship: :wavey:

Micca
06-20-2004, 02:05 PM
ThnQ to you too :) Glad you like my group :D there's a lot that I need to change, so that will be soon :) Thnq again :D;)

Guille's Girl
06-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Nice pics!!! :hearts: I like the second one :p

El Mago jr.
06-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Guille's Girl, aren't U watching the Formula One Race?
It is held in your country, right?
Or U'r not an F1 fan...:confused:

Guille's Girl
06-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Never heard of it.

stephB
06-20-2004, 09:01 PM
hey yvonne! didnt know that you planned to go to s´hertogenbosch. have been there too. what a pity. so we didnt had the chance to meet us. so sad that you couldnt come to düsseldorf......had a great time there :) hope to hear from you soon

Tricky_Forehand
06-20-2004, 10:15 PM

LOVE that one :D :D

Strikes me funny that these two would have such a heated arguement when neither like to speak English much :lol:

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Legolas, thank you soooo much for the report!
It's always nice to hear that from a fan :) and you definetely have a talent in writing, reminds me salinger, because he uses the language we speak with , hehe.
Thank you so much!

thanks :) I like writing a lot, but I like it's difficult in English. I prefer writing in Dutch :p

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 11:17 PM

Thanks for giving me an own album :kiss:

Nymeria
06-20-2004, 11:20 PM
hey yvonne! didnt know that you planned to go to s´hertogenbosch. have been there too. what a pity. so we didnt had the chance to meet us. so sad that you couldnt come to düsseldorf......had a great time there :) hope to hear from you soon

I guess that is coz I was too busy to reply on your last e-mail. I"ll try to answer it before I go to Australia. Yeah I was sad I couldn't go to düsseldorf, maybe next year.

stephB
06-21-2004, 11:39 AM
yes. hopefully holland will be there too than. but i really dont think so. but you never can know. maybe france and argentinia are there.
would be nice to get an email before you go to australia. but dont hurry :)

Nymeria
06-21-2004, 01:09 PM
yes. hopefully holland will be there too than. but i really dont think so. but you never can know. maybe france and argentinia are there.
would be nice to get an email before you go to australia. but dont hurry :)
I prefer France and Argentinia to Holland :p

xOxTanyaxOx
06-21-2004, 02:10 PM
hey legolas i luv your avatar thing hehe! wait are ya guys talkin bout the davis cup bout argentina and france and so on??:)

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:10 PM
hey legolas i luv your avatar thing hehe! wait are ya guys talkin bout the davis cup bout argentina and france and so on??:)

Thanks, it's one of the pics I took :)

Nah we were talking about the world team cup in Duseldorf

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I'll start with posting the 100 pics now... not all the pics are good, but you get that when you take a few pics in one second :p I will post them all (if I have enough time) so it can be I post the pics I posted before for a second time. I hope you don't mind

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:19 PM
These are during his practise around 10.30 am

Micca
06-22-2004, 06:21 PM
LOOOOOVVEEE YOUR PICS LEGOLAS!! :D:D:D :inlove::inlove: :yeah::yeah:

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:22 PM
more of that practise

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:26 PM
The last of that practise

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:29 PM
vs. Clement...

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:36 PM
vs clement till the first rain delay

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:44 PM
between the two rain delays

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:48 PM
vs Clement back on the court after rain delay + injury (part 1)

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:51 PM
vs clement, injury (part 2)

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 06:56 PM
waiting till Arnaud stops talking to the referee

Guille's Girl
06-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks Legolas!!! :hug:

RacingStone
06-22-2004, 06:58 PM
muy buenas fotos!!!

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 07:01 PM
vs. Clement, Coria starts talking as well

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks Legolas!!! :hug:

you're welcome :kiss:

more pics will come...

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 07:02 PM
muy buenas fotos!!!

English? I don't speak Spanish :p

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 07:07 PM
vs. clement...

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 07:11 PM
the last pics of the Clement-match

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 07:15 PM
vs. Ancic

tousledbaby
06-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks thanks thanks... :wavey: :wavey: , the pics are really great! :worship:

Dutchie
06-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi,
Great pictures, lovely to see them!

That empire hasn't made friends that week, a lot of payers had arguments with him!

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 07:25 PM
still vs. Ancic

RacingStone
06-22-2004, 07:29 PM
yes is spanish , im from argentina.

Nymeria
The last 4...
then my camera gave the sign: 'low battery' :(:p a friend of me did take pics of the end of the match (only 3 or 4 pics) but they won't be as good as these coz she has not really a good camera. and it'll take ages before I get those pics coz she has no digital camera

Nymeria
yes is spanish , im from argentina.

Welcome on board! I like newbies :) especially when they like my favs

Washa Koroleva
06-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Thank you sooooo much for the pics, Legolas!!!!
And sorry that I couldn't talk to you :( You were gone when I came back :(
My mother had to go into the internet, SORRY!!!!
:)

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Thank you sooooo much for the pics, Legolas!!!!
And sorry that I couldn't talk to you :( You were gone when I came back :(
My mother had to go into the internet, SORRY!!!!
:)

I did like posting them :)
Well I really had to watch soccer ;)

Nymeria
06-22-2004, 10:43 PM
This pic is not taken by me, but by Aranince (also a poster on this board). It's from the friday at the ordina open.

alita
06-23-2004, 03:26 AM
OH!Thank you so much! Legolas!!

alita
06-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Legolas, Do you mind if I post your Pics in Guille's Chinese Fan Page. They really fond of Guille, they want more pics. Could I?

Jazzy
06-23-2004, 06:15 AM
nice pix legolas

hey RacingStone!!! :wavey:

gina_
06-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Awesome pictures- thank you so much! muchos gracias.

Nymeria
06-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Legolas, Do you mind if I post your Pics in Guille's Chinese Fan Page. They really fond of Guille, they want more pics. Could I?

Ofcourse you can! as long as you give me the link (not that I can read it, but ok :p) and you mention me (like: these posts are taken by a Dutch girl @ the ordina open 2004)

Washa Koroleva
06-23-2004, 01:42 PM
by a dutch girl, hehe
it's a good idea, but it sounds funny. it sounds as if dutch people are the best photographers. You are :D have to admit that... but they can think of everyone when they hear dutch girl ;)

well, you don't have to understand me. I don't know what I'm talking about, too
:rolleyes: :confused:

Nymeria
06-23-2004, 02:12 PM
by a dutch girl, hehe
it's a good idea, but it sounds funny. it sounds as if dutch people are the best photographers. You are :D have to admit that... but they can think of everyone when they hear dutch girl ;)

well, you don't have to understand me. I don't know what I'm talking about, too
:rolleyes: :confused:
:lol: You're a bit right about that. Maybe better my nick can be mentioned. Not Legolas, coz then they'll think of the lotr-star. But say this: 'these pics are taken by Yvil, a Dutch girl' :p

ah I'm not the best photographer :p still so many things I could do better in these pics

alita
06-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Ofcourse you can! as long as you give me the link (not that I can read it, but ok :p) and you mention me (like: these posts are taken by a Dutch girl @ the ordina open 2004)

:hug: :hug:
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/newsdetail.asp?page=112&id=6812&posts=&dp=&lp=1

But it's a Chinese website.:D

Btw,You are a girl!!! I'm always think maybe you are the only boy in here.
Legolas, isn't it a boy's name??:confused:
:lol: :lol: a Dutch girl, I 'll remember that.

Washa Koroleva
06-23-2004, 03:58 PM

I don't understand anything there, but pictures say more than words in that case! lol :D

alita
06-23-2004, 04:01 PM
LOL, because it's a Chinese website! :D

Nymeria
06-23-2004, 05:37 PM

Well yes it's a boys name, not even a real one, but a fantasy one. I just got that nick coz I'm obsessed with lotr and legolas ;) To make it a girls name I guess it should be Legolàse (I'm not sure about that, my Elvish ain't that good)

btw. Thanks for the link

Micca
06-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Really really really really really really really really really really really great pics YVONNE! :D:D:D In a few days you can all see her pictures on my site too :) (with her permission ;)) http://groups.msn.com/Love4GuillermoCoria ThnQ Yvonne!! :woohoo: :yeah:

Nymeria
06-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Really really really really really really really really really really really great pics YVONNE! :D:D:D In a few days you can all see her pictures on my site too :) (with her permission ;)) http://groups.msn.com/Love4GuillermoCoria ThnQ Yvonne!! :woohoo: :yeah:

You're welcome ;)

kandykane
06-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Legolas, you are probably tired of hearing this already, but i owe your a HUGE THANK YOU!! Really great pix of our gorgeous Guille.

Wish i was there with you tho. ;)

alita
06-24-2004, 04:44 PM
So Legolas's real name is Yvonne~:D nice name. . :wavey:

Nymeria
06-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Legolas, you are probably tired of hearing this already, but i owe your a HUGE THANK YOU!! Really great pix of our gorgeous Guille.

Wish i was there with you tho. ;)

I will never be tired of hearing that :p

Micca
06-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Nice to know ;) And that's why I'm gonna say it again: THANKS FOR THE PICTURES!!!;):p

Nymeria
06-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Nice to know ;) And that's why I'm gonna say it again: THANKS FOR THE PICTURES!!!;):p

:haha:

Micca
06-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Hahahahaha! ;):p