shoulder injury? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

shoulder injury?

boliviana
06-19-2004, 02:30 PM
There is a comment on Guille's site that his shoulder is bothering him again. He injured it at RG . . . anybody know anything about it?

Guille's Girl
06-19-2004, 02:42 PM
nope. But I guess it didn't bother him too bad today. Hope it doesn't bother him later either.

boliviana
06-19-2004, 02:48 PM
After Wimbledon, what is he doing? I know he wants to do the Olympics and then there's the USO but that leaves a lot of time between Wimbledon and the Olympics . . . last year he did several clay tournaments and did really well but maybe he needs a bit of rest . . . everyone else does it! But (as I ramble on here) he seems to do better without breaks . . . when he went home to Argentina and then back for Hamburg, he was out of sorts. I think the schedule is so intense . . . look at all the hurt players out there. Wimbledon could be boring, especially on the women's side. I mean really, who wants to watch Serena and Venus again? And you know that that is all NBC and ESPN will show . . . ugh!

Guille's Girl
06-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Um I guess he will do some of the tournaments like last year but I hope he does some USO series events. The first one is on July 12. I think they're all hard court tournaments, and of course he'd rather hit the dirt than hardcourt. But he might play a few to get ready for the Olympics. I agree that he does do better without breaks, unlike other players. He's like the frickin Energizer Bunny :haha: But i think he will get a break in there somewhere :yeah:

The NBC/ESPN coverage of Wimby is gonna be awful I know. Maybe all the americans will lose early again so then we'll get to see some other players :) So sad that we have to root against our country just to see some decent tennis.

Fostin
06-19-2004, 03:21 PM
my godness soooo many injures guille! *snif*

Carito_90
06-19-2004, 03:26 PM
"This is a problem (the fact that he didn't play on Friday the QF), because If I win, I have to play again in the afternoon my semifinal match, and that could get worst the pain I feel in my shoulder. It is an injury that begun to bother me in Roland Garros. And since I should make my debut in Wimbledon on Monday, I will have to see how I feel during the day", El Mago said by e-mail.

Ahm... I guess it didn't hurt much today :rolleyes:
Hopefully it wont be a problem for his match against Ancic. Neither for Wimbledon :)

Oh and one last thing..

"Bad for him: his team (River Plate) was eliminated by his cross-town rival (Boca :worship: ), and Guille had something to say about it: "To the River fans, I tell them that we have to be proud of this team, because it went down putting up a great fight. Penalty kicks definition is pure luck. Especially, I want to support Sambueza and Maxi López"."

HA!!!
C'mon, you lost, the Libertadores wasn't made for you, let your daddy win it :devil:

Fostin
06-19-2004, 03:33 PM
I hope if he feels his shoulder is not ok, he takes the detition...

tennyfan
06-19-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm not typically a pessimist, but I think the shoulder injury is not too reassuring. I saw him rubbining it early in the match against Kohlman, but not too much later on in the match. He started serving very well today, winning almost every game at love. But then there was a VERY long wait at 15-15 in the 2nd set, and I wonder if he called an injury time out? After that, Clement starting taking him to duece on his serves, so maybe the shoulder injury got worse as he continued to play? At any rate, I'm torn between wanting him to play on and WIN here (especially to prove to all the "he's just a claycourter" cynics that he can be a force on grass) and wanting him to quit now and give his shoulder a couple of days rest for Wimbledon, which will accumulate alot more points for him! He doesn't have a coach there to help him make the decision. Why is there always such drama surrounding Guille! LOL!

Micca
06-19-2004, 04:19 PM
OMG!! :sad: poor GUILLE!!! I hope ALL of his injuries dont spoil his game 2day :sad: Now we should wish him very much luck! :D:D

Micca
06-19-2004, 04:20 PM
OH! HIS game just started against Ancic! its still 0-0!!! WISH HIM LUCK!

Ma. Estefania
06-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Guille had something to say about it: "To the River fans, I tell them that we have to be proud of this team, because it went down putting up a great fight. Penalty kicks definition is pure luck. Especially, I want to support Sambueza and Maxi López"."

Oh no....I was all the way supporting River Plate at that match, and Guille is right, it was pure luck,and unfortunately River was the loser here. :o

Carito_90
06-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh no....I was all the way supporting River Plate at that match, and Guille is right, it was pure luck,and unfortunately River was the loser here.

Maxi Lopez is gay lalalala :P

boliviana
06-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Um I guess he will do some of the tournaments like last year but I hope he does some USO series events. The first one is on July 12. I think they're all hard court tournaments, and of course he'd rather hit the dirt than hardcourt. But he might play a few to get ready for the Olympics. I agree that he does do better without breaks, unlike other players. He's like the frickin Energizer Bunny :haha: But i think he will get a break in there somewhere :yeah:

The NBC/ESPN coverage of Wimby is gonna be awful I know. Maybe all the americans will lose early again so then we'll get to see some other players :) So sad that we have to root against our country just to see some decent tennis.

He's not that bad on hardcourt though. I still think Key Biscayne was his if not for the kidney stones. You are totally right that he is like the energizer bunny . . . he is on a mission to make up for the French and who ever stands in his way better watch out. I can't believe he won today . . . amazing and I can't see any of it. :sad:

And I am patriotic and all that good stuff but the idea of two weeks of Roddick and the Williams' sisters is nauseating . . . and when will Bud Collins retire? I like the coverage (when they actually have a tournament on) on the Tennis Channel. They actually make sense. Patrick McEnroe on ESPN isn't too bad either but I really don't like John McEnroe's commentary very much . . . he strikes me as weird sometimes and just "off".

Carito_90
06-19-2004, 06:53 PM
He's like the frickin Energizer Bunny :haha:

:haha: :haha:

Guille's Girl
06-19-2004, 06:56 PM
He's not that bad on hardcourt though. I still think Key Biscayne was his if not for the kidney stones. You are totally right that he is like the energizer bunny . . . he is on a mission to make up for the French and who ever stands in his way better watch out. I can't believe he won today . . . amazing and I can't see any of it. :sad:

And I am patriotic and all that good stuff but the idea of two weeks of Roddick and the Williams' sisters is nauseating . . . and when will Bud Collins retire? I like the coverage (when they actually have a tournament on) on the Tennis Channel. They actually make sense. Patrick McEnroe on ESPN isn't too bad either but I really don't like John McEnroe's commentary very much . . . he strikes me as weird sometimes and just "off".

You have the Tennis Channel eh? Their not showing any of the Ordina open??

boliviana
06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
they don't carry a lot of tournaments. I think they have the Masters series and some other stuff but that is it . . . and no, I don't want to watch some replay of 1975 match with McEnroe and whomever :(

Guille's Girl
06-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Damn right! They show all that old crap on ESPN Classic!!!! I mean, it's ESPN CLASSIC so, why does the Tennis Channel have to show it? :confused:

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 10:35 PM
There is a comment on Guille's site that his shoulder is bothering him again. He injured it at RG . . . anybody know anything about it?

Nothing seemed to be wrong with his shoulder today. I saw both his matches and he played fantastic, only was afraid himself in the Clement-match but he could finish the match (and the other match of the day as well)

Guille's Girl
06-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks Legolas. Good we have someone who can actually SEE the match :(

loeliepoelie
06-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I was at the matches today. Both were played on court 1 so I sat on the front row next to Carla. The long wait at 15-15 somebody mentioned, was because Clement was furious about a serve which was called out. Clement refused to play for a while, so Guille sat in the linesman chair waiting. So nothing happened there. Guille did have one medical timeout, but that was because he slipped (which he does at least ten times a match) and didn't get up for 30 seconds. His upper left leg was hurting, he got treatment on the court and was fine after that. Guille didn't have any treatment in the Ancic match. I don't recall him rubbing his shoulder or anything, he did do that while I saw him practicing, I think that was tuesday... So anyway, I don't think his shoulder bothered him much...

Nymeria
06-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Great that you did see the matches as well! I saw them both as well, and got sooooo many good pics. Did you hear me cheering for Guillermo?

Guille's Girl
06-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks Loe! Good we got someone giving us 411 around here.

For shame Arnaud!!! Bad French dude! :p

loeliepoelie
06-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Legolas, where were you sitting at the quaters and semifinals matches? And where did you see the players wait to come on court? I saw Guille on the balcony of the players lounge, but I don't understand which bit you mean where he was signing autographs...

Nymeria
06-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Legolas, where were you sitting at the quaters and semifinals matches? And where did you see the players wait to come on court? I saw Guille on the balcony of the players lounge, but I don't understand which bit you mean where he was signing autographs...

I was sitting at the side the players were sitting as well. And then very far on the right (there where the players enter the court). That is where Guillermo was sigining autographs as well.

-wokkel-
06-21-2004, 06:16 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/netcam/large/1/018.jpg

Not again.. please!