Please Help!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Please Help!!!

RSPP89
02-10-2008, 03:50 AM
Ok, I play with a k factor 6.1 tour 90, I recently cracked the very top of the frame.The crack is dead center at the top but the thing is, it doesn't go all the way through.You can see a SLIGHT crack on each side of the frame but if you look in the middle between the 2 spots there is nothing. So it hasn't gone all the way through.It has been this way for almost a week now and it hasn't lost any feel or control.It still plays great.My question is do you think it will last. If so, how long? Will it be ok for restringing or not.Also, is there any type of e-poxy I could use to mend the slight crack?:confused:

jazar
02-10-2008, 09:00 AM
most stringers would not restring it as it could make the crack worse and they wouldnt want to be blamed for it. however, it can still be restrung as long as the crack hasnt reached the grommet. i've done this several times with my own rackets. i'm not sure how effective using glue is to repair tennis rackets. i know its used to repair badminton rackets, so you could give that a go

RSPP89
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Do you know what type of glue, or just regular super glue or something??

jazar
02-10-2008, 06:37 PM
i believe its some form of super glue

CivicLx
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
when did you get the racquets? I have cracked a couple of frames and was able to get them replaced. One was the head liquidmetal instict and the others were prince shark racquets.