bossboss
02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before. but it deserves its own thread

Shaq trade to Phoenix has been completed and offical :eek::confused:

Edit : OOps Found it in yesterday's thread a post by BG
Any way discuss here

Gamblore
02-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Isn't Amare Stoudamire supposed to be the Shaq of the Phoenix Suns.

callitasicit
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Shocking deal, is Marion that much of a distraction in Phoenix or did he just badly want to leave. Trying to understand the logic of bringing Diesel here considering how oft injured he is as well as how out of shape he is!! Seems like a better deal for the Heat.

its.like.that
02-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Big Shaq Shaq Shaq!!!

Gamblore
02-06-2008, 10:53 PM
They traded Marion for Shaq. Bad deal in my opinion.

JMG
02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Looks like a risky trade for Phoenix. :D

its.like.that
02-06-2008, 11:04 PM
So many soft cock conservatives :rolleyes:

The Freak
02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Makes no sense for Phoenix, Shaq can't keep up with their fast paced offense, he is old and slow. Phoenix only made this move because the Lakers just got Gasol and they are trying to counter that. Won't be surprised if this makes the Suns worse. The Lake show is the team to beat out west right now. :worship:

Gamblore
02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Problem is that Shaq is getting old and tires quickly. He still would be a hell of an addition in the centre and having Nash to dish him the ball, could be still a deadly combo. I would have thought Amare would have been enough for the Suns.

bossboss
02-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Shocking deal, is Marion that much of a distraction in Phoenix or did he just badly want to leave. Trying to understand the logic of bringing Diesel here considering how oft injured he is as well as how out of shape he is!! Seems like a better deal for the Heat.

from yahoo sports
"Marion, weary of being third fiddle to Nash and Amare Stoudemire, asked to be traded before the season began. He didn't get his wish and, although he refused to talk publicly about it, remained unhappy with his role. "

Also the article says they needed a big man inside and Shaq fitted this catagory

"Their interior defense is among the NBA's worst. Kerr apparently felt that without a large presence inside, Phoenix could not combat the big men, such as Andrew Bynum and Tim Duncan, in the playoffs. "

callitasicit
02-07-2008, 12:17 AM
from yahoo sports
"Marion, weary of being third fiddle to Nash and Amare Stoudemire, asked to be traded before the season began. He didn't get his wish and, although he refused to talk publicly about it, remained unhappy with his role. "

Also the article says they needed a big man inside and Shaq fitted this catagory

"Their interior defense is among the NBA's worst. Kerr apparently felt that without a large presence inside, Phoenix could not combat the big men, such as Andrew Bynum and Tim Duncan, in the playoffs. "

I thought Amare was enough? I guess not. I guess Marion is a baby, why would you complain when you can play with Nash who is the most unselfish player in the league!!!!

bad gambler
02-07-2008, 12:54 AM
I don’t think it is necessarily a bad trade for the Suns provided Shaq is actually fit to play (seems like a big if these days).

This will allow Stoudemire to play in his preferred position of PF and Shaq being Shaq will still attract the double team from opposing teams which will open up the floor for all the Suns’ shooters.

bad gambler
02-07-2008, 01:02 AM
The trade deadline is February 21st so won't be suprised if the Mavs try and finalise a deal with Kidd

its.like.that
02-07-2008, 01:45 AM
And I wouldn't be surprised if Duncan ends up at the Timberwolves.

sports freak
02-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Best move the Suns have made in a long time,after requiring Steve Nash!!Duncan to the Wolves is abit drastic,maybe the Shitblazers??but very unlikely for the champ who is a loyal citizen!!

its.like.that
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
lol