2 new player forums added [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2 new player forums added

Neely
01-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Dear members,

finally two new player forums from last year's application period were added.

The new player forums are:
Marin Cilic (--> Croatia)
Filippo Volandri (--> Italy)

We ignored the requests for Tsonga, Simon and Young at this time because our main aim was to look at the requests which were made in time during the last application period.

The support for Malisse and Söderling wasn't too big. With this result and the activity in their already exisiting threads during the last months, we clearly thought that this would not be anywhere near to justify an own forum at this time.

The request for Delic was more complicated. On one hand, we had a more than convincing voting result (58 yes to 11 no), but we only had about 22 posts in January so far by 6 or 7 different people, despite the player had some AO action. We felt the discrepancy between people who voted and who are actively posting about this player is too big here and did not give this forum the nod for now.

The activity for Cilic (about 200 posts in January) was convincing to us and we thought that this could be a good base for the future although his voting results back in July 2007 weren't that good. So we hope for continuing support and that, despite the meager voting result, his new forum would not turn into a ghost town.

Sorry again for these late decisions.

The next application period will be March 2008. Considering that we skipped one period (November 2007) which was our fault, we would not like to hold it against our users and thus the threads and voting results for Simon, Young and Tsonga will be counted and be resumed for the "March 2008 April 2008 player forum requests".

Blue Heart24
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
It's great we have a Cilic forum,but it's unbelievable that Karlovic has no forum.

Neely
01-30-2008, 03:36 PM
It's great we have a Cilic forum,but it's unbelievable that Karlovic has no forum.
I don't know anymore what we have said the last time Karlovic applied, but at the moment I would say that Cilic got about as much attention in one month than Karlovic over the last half year. And this is not your, Deathless Mortal's or Ivo#1fan's fault.

Our goal here is to setup forums which are not created only for the sake of it, but which don't end up being a ghosttown in foreseeable future, and the current activity for Ivo Karlovic is not enough. You see a few examples around the board of which you could think that they weren't too successful so far despite some people asked for it, that's why we implemented this policy and therefore reject more requests than in the past.

Deboogle!.
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
The request for Delic was more complicated. On one hand, we had a more than convincing voting result (58 yes to 11 no), but we only had about 22 posts in January so far by 6 or 7 different people, despite the player had some AO action. We felt the discrepancy between people who voted and who are actively posting about this player is too big here and did not give this forum the nod for now.:awww: :sad: I think the reason for this is that when there were so many votes in July, Amer was having good results, some good wins and was well into the top 100, and his thread was much more active..... but since nothing happened til now with the decisions, in between his results fell.so it's no wonder less people are posting. :(

01-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Dear members,

finally two new player forums from last year's application period were added.

The new player forums are:
Marin Cilic (--> Croatia)
Filippo Volandri (--> Italy)

We ignored the requests for Tsonga, Simon and Young at this time because our main aim was to look at the requests which were made in time during the last application period.

The support for Malisse and Söderling wasn't too big. With this result and the activity in their already exisiting threads during the last months, we clearly thought that this would not be anywhere near to justify an own forum at this time.

The request for Delic was more complicated. On one hand, we had a more than convincing voting result (58 yes to 11 no), but we only had about 22 posts in January so far by 6 or 7 different people, despite the player had some AO action. We felt the discrepancy between people who voted and who are actively posting about this player is too big here and did not give this forum the nod for now.

The activity for Cilic (about 200 posts in January) was convincing to us and we thought that this could be a good base for the future although his voting results back in July 2007 weren't that good. So we hope for continuing support and that, despite the meager voting result, his new forum would not turn into a ghost town.

Sorry again for these late decisions.

The next application period will be March 2008. Considering that we skipped one period (November 2007) which was our fault, we would not like to hold it against our users and thus the threads and voting results for Simon, Young and Tsonga will be counted and be resumed for the "March 2008 player forum requests".
:woohoo: Volandri :yeah: And now do you think we could please have Italy added to the countries that are named on the Forum site--please :angel:

Carlita
01-31-2008, 07:22 AM
:woohoo: Volandri :yeah: And now do you think we could please have Italy added to the countries that are named on the Forum site--please :angel:I don't think it's possible atm, if Italy goes in, another country has to go. I will ask again, maybe things have changed ;)

adee-gee
01-31-2008, 01:11 PM
I don't think it's possible atm, if Italy goes in, another country has to go. I will ask again, maybe things have changed ;)
Get rid of Britain and just have Muzza in the other countries section :o

belco
01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't think it's possible atm, if Italy goes in, another country has to go. I will ask again, maybe things have changed ;)

how about move Serbia to the top of the list :ras:

Carlita
01-31-2008, 01:50 PM
how about move Serbia to the top of the list :ras::tape: :nerner:

belco
01-31-2008, 02:02 PM
:tape: :nerner:

well im going to send that PM now :p but im not sure if you got the message to inform you of the PM im sending... i got database error when i replied to u the other day.. or was it yesterday :scratch:

Zirconek
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM

:lol:

indeed :)

02-01-2008, 02:34 AM
I'm sorry ~*Carlita*~ I'm confused. You mean if Italy is added, another country has to be dropped? Or do you mean if Italy is added, another country has to be added at the same time :confused: Either way I don't understand why it has to work like that :unsure: IMHO every country that has a Forum should be named so posters know exactly where they need to go at MTF ;)

Carlita
02-01-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry ~*Carlita*~ I'm confused. You mean if Italy is added, another country has to be dropped? Or do you mean if Italy is added, another country has to be added at the same time :confused: Either way I don't understand why it has to work like that :unsure: IMHO every country that has a Forum should be named so posters know exactly where they need to go at MTF ;)I was told once that the part where you see the countries on the homepage has no space left (in the lay out of the forum) to add Italy (or any other country). So in order to add Italy another country would have to be accessed the way Italy is now.

Don't think too much about it :lol: I've asked again if they can add. And either they can or they can't it's as simple as that ;)

02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
I was told once that the part where you see the countries on the homepage has no space left (in the lay out of the forum) to add Italy (or any other country). So in order to add Italy another country would have to be accessed the way Italy is now.

Don't think too much about it :lol: I've asked again if they can add. And either they can or they can't it's as simple as that ;)
As many changes as have been made to MTF you would think someone would have noticed that the space should be larger :rolleyes: Tennis is a growing sport in many countries. Also do you think anyone can get rid of the AO
ad since it is well over? Or may be it could be left up until next year :lol: :p

Sorry I just looked :o Italy has been added :bowdown: And thank you very much ;)

Nathaliia
02-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I think it makes sense.

Ivanatis
02-16-2008, 08:01 PM
good
those two deserve it :)

is it maybe possible to include a link to the "Asian assault forum" on the main page because all other subforums are linked?

02-17-2008, 02:48 AM
good
those two deserve it :)

is it maybe possible to include a link to the "Asian assault forum" on the main page because all other subforums are linked?
Deck when I wanted the Italian Forum added there I was told the problem was space in that area. They got Italy in because they took "Rest of the World" out added Italy and the word "More" after it. Thankfully Italy only has five letters so they could squeeze it in ;) But MTF would definitely need more space in that area to get in "Asian Assault Forum" :sad:

Ivanatis
02-17-2008, 09:10 AM
well..
Asia would work fine for me too:devil:

02-19-2008, 07:30 AM
well..
Asia would work fine for me too:devil:
:lol: I don't even think there is enough room to get in Asia now. I wonder if more space can't be added to that section :unsure:

Jackie Stephens
03-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm a a Filippo fan so this I likey :worship:

Kolya
03-03-2008, 08:22 AM
I probably should have put more effort in for the Soderling forum.

Needed more room in my signature :p

GlennMirnyi
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Volandri should never have a forum. Mug player and fixer.

bad gambler
04-18-2008, 12:18 AM
***Update***

All,

3 new player forums have been added after the latest round of player forum reviews. They are as follows:

1. Gilles Simon (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=971)--->France

2. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=972)--->France

3. Ernests Gulbis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=970)--->Rest of the World