Wimbledon [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Wimbledon

Pages : 1 [2]

Alison
07-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Glad you had a good birthday Ulla :)

I watched Seb play Mayer,and also saw the Ginepri match,thanks to BBC's digital interactive ;) but missed the interview about the shoes ! :p

wilma
07-08-2004, 06:42 PM
but missed the interview about the shoes ! :p
What shoes? Did you see him as a kid in the lurid green/pink trousers, though?

He has the rest of his life to be a perfect husband and dad
As a mother I most sincerely object to this remark. He'll never be able to make up the lost time with his kids when they are older. But that doesn't mean he can't win a major title. Yes, he should work on that killer instinct (and that makes me wonder in that Tulasne interviewette, why he isn't planning to get a mental coach ;) he sorely needs one) and he should schedule his tournaments carefully, so he can spend enough time with his kids (and wife) to feel comfortable and happy.

faraway
07-09-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm so agreeable with you wilma, though I'm not a mother yet.

zyim333
07-09-2004, 10:49 AM
he needs to be less of a model husband & father (just for a time, ladies and gentlemen) and focus more on being a ruthless tennis player with only one goal in mind!!! I mean, really forget the sweetness and the family idyll - and just think about tennis! He has the rest of his life to be a perfect husband and dad, until then could he please concentrate on the importance of winning a GS before retirement??? HE DESERVES TO WIN A BIG TITLE.

:bigclap: lol...ulla, you know me well. :smooch:

zyim333
07-09-2004, 10:57 AM
As a mother I most sincerely object to this remark. He'll never be able to make up the lost time with his kids when they are older. But that doesn't mean he can't win a major title. Yes, he should work on that killer instinct (and that makes me wonder in that Tulasne interviewette, why he isn't planning to get a mental coach ;) he sorely needs one) and he should schedule his tournaments carefully, so he can spend enough time with his kids (and wife) to feel comfortable and happy.

yes, i would agree with u if i were from your position. it is always hard for a professional player of any kind to deal with something like that. fortunately, seb is almost successful in this aspect. he has been doing it all so well. we don't have to be much worried. but what he does lack now is one more title after he collecting the selfconfidence...

Lizan
07-09-2004, 01:55 PM
I dunno, I don't know what's good for Seb.. He was close at WImbledon, although he didn't had much chance against Roger (only the second day maybe)..
Do u guys think he could have won if they played the second day (the day they finished the match)?????

wilma
07-09-2004, 02:14 PM
I really don't know. He didn't seem nearly as confident as he did in his previous matches at Wimbledon or at Queen's. I mean, if he doesn't believe in himself, he'll never win. I feel that is often the case with Seb: whenever he goes for the big points, like a (semi)final, he loses confidence. Bless him :)

Lizan
07-09-2004, 02:23 PM
I agree.. He was indeed really confident at Queens.. He was so quite (or sth, I dunno) at Wimbledon..

wilma
07-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Yes, timid! Like he was overwhelmed with the surroundings, his opponent, everything. I thought he would have done better this year, having been there before. Ah, but well... I really think he did well, reaching the semis and all, but he could have put up a bit more of a fight!

Lizan
07-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes he came so far, I'm really really really proud of him.. To be his supporter lol.. After all, he lost to the Wimbledonchampion.. So yeh. The only dissapointment was that everybody on tv thinks he doesn't belong to the top 10. Which I so disagree about, but I'm so disspointed every time I hear that..

wilma
07-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Stupid people!

KellyluvsGrosjean
07-12-2004, 04:11 PM
I remember, last year my friend (who likes Rafter) told me, "Hey I saw Seb on the TV... He got into the Semis of Wimby!" I then said, "Yea he lost to Mark" BUT my friend just reminded me, "C'mon, that's SEMI-FINALS! Only 4 out of 128 players could make it...!"
I think sometimes I want too much... but when you take it the other way round, you will see how much he made, how much he worked...