Aussie TV Coverage [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Aussie TV Coverage

Auscon
06-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Just wondering if any Aussies know whether we'll be getting Wimbledon on free-to-air tv like last year (with ch 7)?

Getting worried because I havent seen any ads for it so far...

lizabeth..*
06-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Apparently Ch 9 will be airing it...but don't hold me to that!! :)

dubis016
06-15-2004, 12:06 PM
CH 9...

Auscon
06-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Apparently Ch 9 will be airing it...but don't hold me to that!! :)

too late...already held :)

9 were great last year, but I thought I remembered seeing some ads a few weeks before the coverage began

kfh_9118
06-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Channel 9 will show Wimbledon from 10.35pm I think. :bounce:

Better than nothing (as in French Open :mad: )

Auscon
06-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Channel 9 will show Wimbledon from 10.35pm I think. :bounce:

Better than nothing (as in French Open :mad: )

cool....works out fine for me then (night owl)...that little 30min bit on sbs wasnt enough :) but they did alright by showing the last few games of the final

Just wont be able to watch much of the first 4 days because of uni exams....ah screw it, i'll probably watch it anyway

Hopefully there wont be too many rain delays though......especially like last year....I was on holiday in Cairns during last years Wimbledon with busy, early start, activity full days everyday I was there, and yet I was up til the early hours of the morn watching Marks bloody rain delayed matche/s :)

azza
06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
CH 9...

it stands for Channel 9 stupid tard :wavey: :retard:

Kat!
06-19-2004, 06:15 AM
anyone saw the "Greatest Wimbledon Rivalries" film shown on channel 9 this afternoon?

somewhat interesting - gees, let's just say I don't miss the short shorts LOL.

Auscon
06-19-2004, 06:27 AM
anyone saw the "Greatest Wimbledon Rivalries" film shown on channel 9 this afternoon?

somewhat interesting - gees, let's just say I don't miss the short shorts LOL.

I'll be watching it....starts here in 40 minutes

And I'm seeing heaps of ads for wimby on 9 now....ie the 'wild boys' (i think thats what it says) one :)

Sparkz
06-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I hope your channel 9 shows lots of Timbledon and you get lots of coverage of Henmans matches :wavey: :)

Bee
06-22-2004, 03:55 AM
No, they will show Hewitt & Philippoussis ...
Oh, at least one good thing came out of the rain delay - they moved Moya's match to Centre Court! :) ... and it continues (1 set all) on Centre Court tonight - after Serena's match, & before Andy's!! [ not that we'll see it on TV, they will go to the Philippoussis match :( ... but at least Carlos is not out on Court 19 !!]

Ketchup
06-22-2004, 04:27 AM
They didn't show Coria's match did they ???coz i fell alseep

Kristen
06-22-2004, 04:39 AM
Ketchup, they just showed us Jurgen *drools* vs Hewitt *vomit*.
Then during the rain delay they showed goran v youzhny / ivo v paradorn, venus v whoever she played, etc. Oh and a bit of molik. Nothing interesting I'm afraid.

Bee
06-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Hmmm, they say it will be Serena tonight on TV ... of course followed by Mark P., not Carlos who follows her on Centre Court ... Aahh, I will just have to go online & watch those web-cammy thingys on C.C. then ...
I so-o-o want Carlos to go through & meet (and beat!!) Lleyton ... only way to get the TV coverage of Moya I think ...

lizabeth..*
06-22-2004, 05:30 AM
Oh, at least one good thing came out of the rain delay - they moved Moya's match to Centre Court! :) ... and it continues (1 set all) on Centre Court tonight

Ohh boy ohh boy...please let Foxtel show that match!!! I bet you they won't, I bet Coria's match will be more appealing!!! :rolleyes:

Max
06-22-2004, 07:01 AM
the coverage has been great, it's on all day on foxtel, and live on fox and ch. 9 at night. at night foxtel show none of the matches that are on ch. 9.
THIS IS SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN FO

Auscon
06-23-2004, 04:00 PM
awesome stuff, due to the rain delay theyre playing some great bits from the Rafter/Ivanisevic final :)

Bee
06-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Well, we should get Channel 9 coverage of the WHOLE Moya/Hewitt match.
Can't wait ... VAMOS CARLOS!
[ I know that Lleyton is the favourite, and I'm an Aussie, but so what? We were denied a Moya/Hewitt match at the D.C. final in Melbourne, this is what I've been waiting for! Moya's never been past the 2nd round at Wimby, but look - he's in the 4th round already, and miracles can happen ... he's under no pressure, enjoying himself on grass ... so watch out Lleyton! ]

My prediction? Moya in 5 ... :)

nando
06-26-2004, 10:12 AM
There was actually taped coverage of the moya/ patience match after the pat/goran match on the day that was raining.

Auscon
06-27-2004, 01:20 PM
are we getting coverage of Wimbledon tonight on 9??

It'd be pretty friggin off if they kept A bloody I on instead of showing Marks match

Bee
06-28-2004, 05:34 AM
There was actually taped coverage of the moya/ patience match after the pat/goran match on the day that was raining.

Aah, nando, you didn't tape it for me did you? :)
I'll be ready for THIS one tonight ...

Ketchup
06-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Well, we should get Channel 9 coverage of the WHOLE Moya/Hewitt match.
Can't wait ... VAMOS CARLOS!
[ I know that Lleyton is the favourite, and I'm an Aussie, but so what? We were denied a Moya/Hewitt match at the D.C. final in Melbourne, this is what I've been waiting for! Moya's never been past the 2nd round at Wimby, but look - he's in the 4th round already, and miracles can happen ... he's under no pressure, enjoying himself on grass ... so watch out Lleyton! ]

My prediction? Moya in 5 ... :)

I don't really like Hewitt much either!! I can't wait till tonight for that match!!