Who's going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's going?

Sandra
01-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I think I will go with my parents on a trip there, but i'll have to go to the tennis alone ... so I was wondering is anyone else coming? :D

Sommarsverige
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I am going for sure :bounce:

enqvistfan
03-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Me, I received my tickets yesterday :)

GRAEME
03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
As this will be my first visit to Monte Carlo Masters I was wondering what the weather is likely to be compared to previous years. Also what can you do if there's a rain delay :(. With regards to food, should I bring my own or buy something there or is it too expensive?

*Ljubica*
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
As this will be my first visit to Monte Carlo Masters I was wondering what the weather is likely to be compared to previous years. Also what can you do if there's a rain delay :(. With regards to food, should I bring my own or buy something there or is it too expensive?

Hi Graeme :wavey: In my experience, Monte Carlo is always colder than you think it's going to be. Even when the sun is shining, there's always a brisk breeze coming off the sea, and in the evening matches, it can get quite chilly. I've often worn gloves there in the evenings before now :o and you definately need a fleece jacket or thick sweater.

There used to be one court with a retractable roof, that could be closed so that there is always one match going on in case of rain delays. As far as I know that will still remain this year, though it gets very packed as everyone is trying to push their way in there :lol:

I always take my own food, because I'm vegetarian and they seldom sell any sandwiches or rolls that I can eat - but the prices aren't that expensive. I advise you to take your own water though, as they charge the earth for very small bottles there.

Have fun - it's a beautiful place and a fantastic tournament :)

enqvistfan
03-29-2008, 05:32 PM
:wavey:

Unfortunately, I have to cancell a part of my trip to the MS Monte-Carlo, and I will be there only for the week-end.

I sell my tickets for the other days.

Here are the tickets I can sell :

Monday : Court des Princes, price 19 €
Wednesday : Court des Princes, price 26 €
Thursday : Court des Princes, price 27 €

If you are seriously interested, please send me a private message.

Thank you :)

Nessa
04-02-2008, 06:29 PM

Bring yours, the prices are expensive, too expensive :rolleyes:

enqvistfan
04-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Now, I'm selling my tickets on ebay :)

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220220789552&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

fresh
04-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I am going for the whole week as I did the last year. Fantastic place, fantastic tournament.

fresh
04-05-2008, 08:22 PM

Last year it was quite cold in the beginning of the week (10-12 degrees with a strong wind) and then it was rather hot - up to 25-27 degrees! So you need to be ready for any eventuality.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
the whole week... but Tomas Berdych out :sad:

irish_mike
04-14-2008, 01:08 AM
When will we know the draw for next week?

I cant wait for the tennis next week):)

I'm going to be staying in Nice:):)

irish_mike
04-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi
Who will be staying in Nice for the Masters Series Monte-Carlo?, or any tennis buses on for the masters?

Do they have weekly train tickets you can buy for the week of the tennis?

Thaksnk
Míchéal

fresh
04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Just a reminder for those that go the tournament, but will be staying in Nice. If you go to Monaco by train the nearest station to the courts is the one next after Monaco gare (but make sure that the train stops on that station).

enqvistfan
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM
For the ones, who want to have the train timetables :

http://montecarlo.masters-series.com/4/en/event/travel2008.pdf

The exact name is : Monte-Carlo Country Club :)

Just a reminder for those that go the tournament, but will be staying in Nice. If you go to Monaco by train the nearest station to the courts is the one next after Monaco gare (but make sure that the train stops on that station).

fresh
04-17-2008, 05:27 PM
The exact name is : Monte-Carlo Country Club :)

Tout à fait. :)

Just checked the weather forecast for the coming week. It's raining in Monaco on Sunday and Monday. From Tuesday on apparently the weather will start to improve. Over to you fellow tennis fans. :)

FluffyYellowBall
04-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Im going from the 3rd round to finals. CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTT!!!!!!! Sorry im SOOOO EXCITED! I havent been sleeping well for a month. My first time to MC open. Went to madrid in 05. Oh its gonna be wonderful.

cmurray
04-18-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm going starting from Tuesday on.

Thanks for the tip about the jacket/fleece. I would not have thought that would be the case.

Sunset of Age
04-18-2008, 03:15 AM
I'm going starting from Tuesday on.

Thanks for the tip about the jacket/fleece. I would not have thought that would be the case.

Bloody hell it is. It can be pretty cold out there, especially in the evenings!

Have fun out there folks. I'm jealous. :angel:

irish_mike
04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
who is playing on mon and tuesday?

*Ljubica*
04-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Bloody hell it is. It can be pretty cold out there, especially in the evenings!

Have fun out there folks. I'm jealous. :angel:

Yes that breeze off the sea can be evil in the early evening :eek: I've worn gloves there before now :o

I'm not going this year because of work, and I wish I was now :sad: So have fun everyone :) Enjoy!

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
04-18-2008, 02:13 PM
waiting for the draw then time to pack and leave :cool: All the staff in Monte Carlo so nice with everyone. I even tasted The Red Cross for a little problem of-nothing-at-all and just for me I got a doctor and two nurses :p It was at the same time Nieminen had pain in his wrist.

And don't take things like knifes, cutters... there is check point like @ the airport :wavey:

Sommarsverige
04-18-2008, 02:40 PM
I am flying to Nice tomorrow and I am also sooooo excited :bounce: :bounce:

Though also still a bit clueless what to pack, because I am used to only sun in MC ;)

enqvistfan
04-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Have fun everyone especially Sommarsverige and the chicas, promise, I come back next year

Have a safe trip :) :hug:

Sommarsverige
04-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Have fun everyone especially Sommarsverige and the chicas, promise, I come back next year

Have a safe trip :) :hug:

Thanks Val :hug: So sad you can´t come with us as it was planned :(
But I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Peru :hug:

fresh
04-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, I confirm it's really raining in Monte-Carlo. :(
Voila le court central sous la pluie.

http://photofile.ru/photo/orthodox77/3538321/xlarge/76828219.jpg

sorrowman
04-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I will go! I have tickets for QF , SF and F :D ... I will stay 23-25 April in Nice and 25-27 in Monaco !!!

But I want to ask something...its legal to sell my tickets via ebay??I saw a post for someone and said that he is selling his tickets via ebay !

enqvistfan
04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
I tried to sell my tickets on ebay. Yes, it's legal, personnally, I didn't sell them 10 x the original price. Finally, I didn't sell them because people were interested by two tickets each day.

A friend of mine who is on spot at the moment will sell them for me

But I want to ask something...its legal to sell my tickets via ebay??I saw a post for someone and said that he is selling his tickets via ebay !

sorrowman
04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes but if you try to sell them 10x the original price is also legal?? I dont think so :confused::confused: actually I dont think that how much that you will sell your tickets is so important to say that its legal or ilegal

enqvistfan
04-21-2008, 12:24 PM
For me, it's legal if you don't sell the tickets 10 x the original price.

Personally, I made a discount of 50 % because I needed to sell them and I didn't want to lose the total amount.

My friend will sell my tickets on spot at the original price and not higher

Yes but if you try to sell them 10x the original price is also legal?? I dont think so :confused::confused: actually I dont think that how much that you will sell your tickets is so important to say that its legal or ilegal

irish_mike
04-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Here are a few images from the last two days play:-

ATP -Masters Series 2008

http://image.irishphoto.org/albums.php?albumId=42720