Who's Going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's Going?

alfonsojose
01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I would like to go with my parents but my mom is a disabled person. I've been in Wimbledon , USO and Nottingham on my own, but i'm not sure if the experience could be complicated for my mother. any info /tips?

michelleg
01-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Alfonso, most of the courts have excellent accomodations for disabled persons. The website will explain the accessibility in terms of parking etc., I had to use it one year when on crutches, it was quite close. However, the remote parking (which is what the general public uses...) will prove to be quite inaccessible, as the shuttles over to the venue from parking are tour buses which (if i remember correctly...) are not ADA compliant. (you can call tourney to verify...) However, I was able to secure disabled parking by nothing more than displaying my temp disabled parking permit (if you bring medical verification with you when you rent an automobile, you should be able to get one, but again, verify that through your rental agent.)

If you have any other questions, dont hesitate to PM me....

MrExcel
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if they're going with purple again?

croat123
02-18-2008, 02:21 AM
yup, it's purple

JanineGermany
02-25-2008, 06:52 PM
i hate this purple... i work there and it´s so bright to see...

fedsfan1
02-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I will be in Miami from March 27th thru April 2nd.

Would love to meet some new fans.

pm me or post a note.

cheers mates
laura

JanineGermany
02-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I am going both weeks, but I have to work on 5 days there :)

fedsfan1
03-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I am going both weeks, but I have to work on 5 days there :)

cool Janine
if you see a group of swissed out females....I would be one of them . ;)
Would like to meet you. Too bad you have to work some of the time.

laura :cool:

JanineGermany
03-02-2008, 01:31 PM
cool Janine

hey laura,
I only have to work 5 shifts (3 days and 2 nights), but I am there 2 weeks... the days I am not working I come to watch, so a meeting should be possible :)

if you want you can pm me ;)

Jackie Stephens
03-02-2008, 02:37 PM
cool Janine

Do you want to play?? I live in Miami and I will be a ball boy at the Sony Ericsson. Most of my friends are sponcered so... you will get better from playing some real guys but were not old, I drive though. I'm, 15 and we are all teenagers though ranging from ages 15-17

fedsfan1
03-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Do you want to play?? I live in Miami and I will be a ball boy at the Sony Ericsson. Most of my friends are sponcered so... you will get better from playing some real guys but were not old, I drive though. I'm, 15 and we are all teenagers though ranging from ages 15-17

hay there Jackie Stephens...:wavey:

very cool being a ball boy. I have a friend who also is a volunteer at the tournament.
I guess you mean by ..."do I want to play"....you mean tennis....I hope ;)
Thanks for the invite but I am a fan ...not a player.
Will you be on center court at all ? I have seats right next to the players entrance on center court.

cheers
laura:cool:

fedsfan1
03-03-2008, 01:25 AM
hey laura,
I only have to work 5 shifts (3 days and 2 nights), but I am there 2 weeks... the days I am not working I come to watch, so a meeting should be possible :)

if you want you can pm me ;)

Thats sounds fine to me. I am always happy to meet new people, esp tennis fans. We already have a lot in common .

see you soon & I will pm you

cheers

Jackie Stephens
03-03-2008, 02:01 AM
hay there Jackie Stephens...:wavey:

very cool being a ball boy. I have a friend who also is a volunteer at the tournament.
I guess you mean by ..."do I want to play"....you mean tennis....I hope ;)
Thanks for the invite but I am a fan ...not a player.
Will you be on center court at all ? I have seats right next to the players entrance on center court.

cheers
laura:cool:

No, sorry :sad:

Jackie Stephens
03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
For anyone that is interested in knowing, I train at crandon park sometimes and I'm goign to be a ball boy.

JanineGermany
03-04-2008, 03:29 PM
I will be ball girl :D

so we will see us there :)

~Jesi~
03-05-2008, 04:27 PM
I will go to... just waiting to see who get me tickets hehehe

Do you know if you are allow to go with a laptop??? I need to work too from there but I'm not sure if they will let me in with a computer.

See ya
Jess

911Goran
03-06-2008, 05:21 AM
there all day Thursday through Sunday.

Anyone have thoughts on transportation from airport to tennis center on Thursday morning?

fedsfan1
03-06-2008, 11:24 AM

Anyone have thoughts on transportation from airport to tennis center on Thursday morning?

Super Shuttle....you can get one at the airport. Should cost around $20-$25

~*BGT*~
03-06-2008, 07:21 PM
I was planning but I am preempting if for the USA/France DC quarterfinal. I will be there next year though. :banana:

buddyholly
03-06-2008, 07:31 PM

There is a shuttle bus from Brickell station that runs all day. It drops you right at the gate. It is easily the best way to go. If you go in a private car you have to wait in line to get into the car park, pay a lot to park it and then take a shuttle bus to the tennis centre anyway.

So from the airport you can go to the nearest train station and then to Brickell. Check the maps of the various train routes on the Internet.

A taxi straight from the airport would be about $60 and then you have to get back to somewhere at the end of the day.

Too bad you can't stay until Monday. They put 5 men's matches on the number 2 court and after the crowds of Sat and Sun, it seems like heaven.

buddyholly
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I would like to go with my parents but my mom is a disabled person. I've been in Wimbledon , USO and Nottingham on my own, but i'm not sure if the experience could be complicated for my mother. any info /tips?

Depends on how disabled. The shuttle from Brickell is Miami Public transport and I think the bus is wheelchair accessible. It drops you right at the front gate. Since I discovered this little-used shuttle I stay at "Extended Stay America'' hotel which is right beside Brickell station. There is also a supermarket next door to the hotel and the hotel rooms all have fridge and stove. Thus you can keep your food and drinks in the room and avoid the ridiculous prices inside the tennis (like $5 for a water). Also, when you don't leave the tennis day session until almost 11pm, when most restaurants are closed, you can get cooked food at the supermarket deli and take it to the hotel. I really love this set-up, tennis from 11am to 11pm every day and very little travel time. There is not much going on around Brickell, so this is a place to stay only if your trip is dedicated to all tennis, all of the time. Miami beach is a long way away.

I also envy the people looking after disabled persons. On the number 2 court, where all the latinos play, people in wheelchairs and their ''pushers'' get courtside access.

Only drawback with "Extended Stay America'' of course is that on the first night you need to sweep up the ricin in the room.

buddyholly
03-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh, on the rare occasion when there is a match worth seeing on Stadium Court, I am the one in the very top row, huddled in the tiny square of shade beneath the jumbotron. Of course I can also be identified by my non-stop, one sided, neoconservative rants.

911Goran
03-08-2008, 05:03 AM
Too bad you can't stay until Monday. They put 5 men's matches on the number 2 court and after the crowds of Sat and Sun, it seems like heaven.

trust me, when all you have to compare Miami to is the U.S. Open, even the crowds on Saturday and Sunday seems like heaven.

And thanks for the transportation input.:wavey:

alfonsojose
03-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Depends on how disabled. The shuttle from Brickell is Miami Public transport and I think the bus is wheelchair accessible. It drops you right at the front gate. Since I discovered this little-used shuttle I stay at "Extended Stay America'' hotel which is right beside Brickell station. There is also a supermarket next door to the hotel and the hotel rooms all have fridge and stove. Thus you can keep your food and drinks in the room and avoid the ridiculous prices inside the tennis (like $5 for a water). Also, when you don't leave the tennis day session until almost 11pm, when most restaurants are closed, you can get cooked food at the supermarket deli and take it to the hotel. I really love this set-up, tennis from 11am to 11pm every day and very little travel time. There is not much going on around Brickell, so this is a place to stay only if your trip is dedicated to all tennis, all of the time. Miami beach is a long way away.

I also envy the people looking after disabled persons. On the number 2 court, where all the latinos play, people in wheelchairs and their ''pushers'' get courtside access.

Only drawback with "Extended Stay America'' of course is that on the first night you need to sweep up the ricin in the room.

Thanks for the tips. Finally we are going to stay with my aunt, but she lives in Sweetwater, close to the Florida International University campus, so we'll have to take a cab ($55 aprox., my aunt says). I haven't founf any other mean of transportation that could bring us close to Crandon Park :shrug:

ImmzB
03-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Its better wen itz Green!!

FerrersLinda
03-23-2008, 10:11 PM
I'll be going as every year! So buddy do I have to travel to another country to meet my fellow Tico?:p

libre83
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
hAE

Chiseller
03-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Aussie Open was a joy to watch, too bad they changed it!
Pink is horrible though :D

camnation
03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Aussie Open was a joy to watch, too bad they changed it!
Pink is horrible though :D
Pink would be awesome! Especially neon pink! MUHAHAHAHA!

Filipo
03-24-2008, 09:15 PM
stupid WTA colours :o

Chiseller
03-24-2008, 09:22 PM
lol, I actually read "pink". Still, purple is only slightly better than pink. :D

Bayo
03-25-2008, 12:59 AM
I hate the purple in Miami.

It was one of the last standing green courts.

LivingTheDream
03-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I'll be there all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

buddyholly
03-26-2008, 02:29 PM
I'll be going as every year! So buddy do I have to travel to another country to meet my fellow Tico?:p

Are you flying American? They cancelled 200 flights today.:eek:

FerrersLinda
03-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Are you flying American? They cancelled 200 flights today.:eek:

No flew Martinair. I'm already here. So when are you arriving? Bring a sweater because it's been very cold today. Loads of wind.:awww:

alfonsojose
03-27-2008, 02:11 AM
I'll arrive to Miami tomorrow. I'll be at Crandon Park on friday and saturday. Is it cold :eek: ? i didn't pack any coats or sweaters :(

mistry
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
thanks for the info buddyholly!

i'm gonna be there next wed and thursday :) looking forward to great tennis :)

Nadal_Fanatic
03-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Bring back the green.