Dvd To Make Him Remember Forever [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Dvd To Make Him Remember Forever

tifosa
01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
As Guga is to retire :sad: :worship:
I think that his incredible career should definitely be immortalized! A tribute dvd should be released. I'm thinkin of
some kind of official documentary including best moments of his career, best shots, interviews, memorable matches like 3 Roland Garros finals, etc...

but dunno how to make it happen...
Any ideas? Who should we contact? Maybe any sports channel?

We might also make an online petition to support this idea
Are you up for it?

:help:

Lee
01-17-2008, 03:43 PM
As Guga is to retire :sad: :worship:
I think that his incredible career should definitely be immortalized! A tribute dvd should be released. I'm thinkin of
some kind of official documentary including best moments of his career, best shots, interviews, memorable matches like 3 Roland Garros finals, etc...

but dunno how to make it happen...
Any ideas? Who should we contact? Maybe any sports channel?

We might also make an online petition to support this idea
Are you up for it?

:help:

His official web site?

tifosa
01-17-2008, 04:19 PM
His official web site?

That sounds like a good idea!
My only concern is...can we do this in English or should we do this in Brazilian Portuguese?
what do u think?
btw I don't speak Portuguese...so maybe Brazilian GUGA fans could help us...

Lee
01-17-2008, 04:26 PM
That sounds like a good idea!
My only concern is...can we do this in English or should we do this in Brazilian Portuguese?
what do u think?
btw I don't speak Portuguese...so maybe Brazilian GUGA fans could help us...

His current site is in Portuguese only but if you send your request in English, I don't think there's any problem.;)

tifosa
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
His current site is in Portuguese only but if you send your request in English, I don't think there's any problem.;)

I'll give it a try then and we'll see
hope there's a chance to make it happen!

tifosa
01-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Is anybody else interested in this initiative?

k2brazil
01-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Is anybody else interested in this initiative?

I don't speak English well but I'll try help you. In Gugas'site official, you can choose a idiom in the left side (upper). I guess these sites aren't updated with all the notices in other languages (English, Spanish and French) like in Portuguese but if you prefer, write in English in his Portuguese site.
Or if you prefer write in Portuguese, I'm translating for you your text like a question to Guga and I've included a sugestion to DVD be subtitled to other languages and I'm finishing saying that you'd like so much have this memory and you think his other fans would like to. And asking him to think carefully in it.). Here we go:

Guga, acho que uma carreira tão incrível deveria ser imortalizada. Já pensou em lançar um DVD (incluindo opção de legendas para outros idiomas) com um documentário oficial de sua carreira, melhores jogadas, entrevistas, matches memoráveis (como as 3 finais de Roland Garros) e outras coisas mais? Gostaria muito de ter uma recordação de sua carreira como esta e penso que outros fãs também gostariam. Pense com carinho nisso, por favor!...

tifosa
01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't speak English well but I'll try help you. In Gugas'site official, you can choose a idiom in the left side (upper). I guess these sites aren't updated with all the notices in other languages (English, Spanish and French) like in Portuguese but if you prefer, write in English in his Portuguese site.
Or if you prefer write in Portuguese, I'm translating for you your text like a question to Guga and I've included a sugestion to DVD be subtitled to other languages and I'm finishing saying that you'd like so much have this memory and you think his other fans would like to. And asking him to think carefully in it.). Here we go:

Guga, acho que uma carreira tão incrível deveria ser imortalizada. Já pensou em lançar um DVD (incluindo opção de legendas para outros idiomas) com um documentário oficial de sua carreira, melhores jogadas, entrevistas, matches memoráveis (como as 3 finais de Roland Garros) e outras coisas mais? Gostaria muito de ter uma recordação de sua carreira como esta e penso que outros fãs também gostariam. Pense com carinho nisso, por favor!...

Thank you very much!!! This what you wrote for me is really cool.
I've already sent it to Guga's website. I'm very grateful!!!:worship:

I think that everyone who is interested in this dvd should write an e-mail (in Portuguese, English or Spanish) to Guga's website asking for the dvd to be released.

C'MON ALL GUGA'S FANS LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

k2brazil
01-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Thank you very much!!! This what you wrote for me is really cool.
I've already sent it to Guga's website. I'm very grateful!!!:worship:

I think that everyone who is interested in this dvd should write an e-mail (in Portuguese, English or Spanish) to Guga's website asking for the dvd to be released.

C'MON ALL GUGA'S FANS LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

You're welcome!!;)
I'm always reading Guga' site. If I'll read some answer for you, I'll try translate here, ok?
I guess someone will make this DVD. I don't think he'll retire and nothing like that happens. He is very special to be forgotten.
If I see something - even in Portuguese - I'll inform you.
I have a wonderful book about him, named: Gustavo Kuerten e Roland Garros - Uma História de Amor.
It has beautiful pictures and it's really nice.
I remember I've read here someone (brazilian) translating some pages from this book.
To order, look in www.buscape.com.br (this is a nice brazilian site to compare prices and stores), click and section Books, type this name and look for a bookstore who send to exterior.
The book's name in English is: Gustavo Kuerten and Roland Garros - A Story of Love. It's a wonderful recordation of him.
I'm sorry about my English! I'm learning yet!
If you need something else that I can help, you only need type!:wavey:

Lee
01-20-2008, 11:13 PM
You're welcome!!;)
I'm always reading Guga' site. If I'll read some answer for you, I'll try translate here, ok?
I guess someone will make this DVD. I don't think he'll retire and nothing like that happens. He is very special to be forgotten.
I have a wonderful book about him, named: Gustavo Kuerten e Roland Garros - Uma História de Amor.
I remember I've read here someone (brazilian) translating some pages from this book.
To order, look in www.buscape.com.br (this is a nice brazilian site to compare prices and stores), click and section Books, type this name and look for a bookstore who send to exterior.
The book's name in English is: Gustavo Kuerten and Roland Garros - A Story of Love. It's a wonderful recordation of him.

I am not sure you're referring to this one or not. Anyway, this is a very good read and many thanks again to the very original Gugaholic (unfortunately, he's too busy to be on the internet these days)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=1099

k2brazil
01-22-2008, 02:10 AM
I am not sure you're referring to this one or not. Anyway, this is a very good read and many thanks again to the very original Gugaholic (unfortunately, he's too busy to be on the internet these days)

Yes! It's exactly I was talking about. It's a wonderful book. Thank you! You have a good memory!
This is the book's cover.

tifosa
01-22-2008, 10:50 AM
You're welcome!!;)

Wow!!! THANK U!!! :):):)
It's great to have u here!
Big thanks for your help and very precious tips :) u r an angel!
I hope that sb will help us with this DVD. It would be fantastic to have it!
And thx for letting me know about the book.
Don't worry as your English is really good.
Now we have to wait and keep an eye on Guga's website!
BIG THX :wavey:

tifosa
01-22-2008, 10:52 AM

And big thanks for this Lee!:worship::wavey: