New Coach [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Coach

star
06-13-2004, 01:35 AM
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — No. 3-ranked Guillermo Coria has fired his trainer only days after losing the French Open final.

Fabian Blengino told the Buenos Aires daily Ole on Saturday that Coria fired him this week.
"It took me by surprise," he said. "He said it wasn't anything personal, only that he wanted a change."

Blengino took over as Coria's trainer in February, helping him win the Buenos Aires and Monte Carlo Masters tournaments. Coria also was a finalist at the Miami and Hamburg Masters.

Coria, who is training for Wimbledon, has not announced a replacement.

CORIA OPTS FOR A COACHING CHANGE
Current world number three Guillermo Coria has dropped his coach Fabian Blengino, because he "wants a change".

Although the Argentinian has enjoyed superb results over the last few months, Coria has decided not to extend Blengino's contract, which finished after Roland Garros in France.

"He told me that nothing had happened. He just wants a change," Blengino said.

"Since the first moment I knew we had an agreement until Roland Garros, but this decision surprised me.

"I thought we could continue together, because the job I did I thought was good, and we had positive results."

Under the guidance of Blengino, Coria won the ATP tournament in Buenos Aires and the Monte-Carlo Masters Series, and he reached the final in the Miami and Hamburg Masters Series as well as at the French Open.

Blengino, 38, had replaced Alberto Mancini at the start of the season, and Coria is yet to announce who will take his place.

alita
06-13-2004, 03:18 AM
I think the man is good.
I don't like that. Why players always change their coaches in such frequency?
Oh, Guille is one of such player now.:o Just like Marat:o
But it's Guille's decision, we should respect his decision,anyway.

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 04:02 AM
Getting like the Orlando Magic eh? :haha: ok not funny. I better not comment. It's best I just go watch tv.

xOxTanyaxOx
06-13-2004, 04:29 AM
ha thats weird. his coach was really good. wasn he with him for a while thoug?

Jazzy
06-13-2004, 08:18 AM
lol GG

not sure what the answer to ur question is xOxTangaxOx!! sorry!

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 02:28 PM
He's had him for.............6-7 months I believe. But um, he probably "needs a change" cuz all his coaches have been from Argentina and probably don't know much about coaching on GRASS. SO he might get a European coach this time. I'll be surprised if he gets another coach from Argentina.

xOxTanyaxOx
06-13-2004, 02:30 PM
but he needs a coach that speaks spanish well...he could get a coach from spain.

Fostin
06-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Its his desition his tryin to find the right one...