Tommy at Delray Beach - Feb. 11-17, 2008 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy at Delray Beach - Feb. 11-17, 2008

01-16-2008, 03:21 AM
Tommy's name is on the entry list and he is seeded #1. I hope he can play by then :bounce:

TommyB.
01-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I hope he can play there. Tommy wants to play DB, San Jose, Memphis and Dubai. A nice program. ;)

yumo
02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Main Draw

(1) BLAKE, James USA v KENDRICK, Robert USA
CAPDEVILLE, Paul CHI v (WC) BOWLES, Clint USA
KUNITSYN, Igor RUS v BECKER, Benjamin GER
QUALIFIER v (7) HANESCU, Victor ROU

(4) SELA, Dudi ISR v RUSSELL, Michael USA
(WC) GINEPRI, Robby USA v MONTCOURT, Mathieu FRA
NAVARRO, Ivan ESP v SERRA, Florent FRA
QUALIFIER v (8) FISH, Mardy USA

(6) SPADEA, Vincent USA v GREMELMAYR, Denis GER
MULLER, Gilles LUX v (WC) LEVINE, Jesse USA
ODESNIK, Wayne USA v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
SCHUKIN, Yuri RUS v (3) QUERREY, Sam USA

(5) MAYER, Florian GER v QUALIFIER
YOUNG, Donald USA v QUALIFIER
REYNOLDS, Bobby USA v MALISSE, Xavier BEL
HARTFIELD, Diego ARG v (2) HAAS, Tommy GER

yumo
02-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Not bad draw:D
C'mon Tommy:bounce:

Tommy fan
02-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Yay he plays!! :woohoo:
Good luck Tommy! :D

TommyB.
02-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Auf geht's Tommy!! :)

But still some doubts that he won't play. :unsure:

02-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Why wouldn't he have already withdrawn, if he wasn't going to play? If he can't make it past the 1st Rd, we will know he is in trouble :scared:

TommyB.
02-11-2008, 09:08 AM
During the Davis Cup against Korea, German commentators said Tommy will try to play. And he plays Hartfield today. ;)

02-12-2008, 01:28 AM
During the Davis Cup against Korea, German commentators said Tommy will try to play. And he plays Hartfield today. ;)
"Try to play" is right :rolleyes: He got defeated by Hartfield :eek: I don't know if it was lack of Match play, his shoulder, or what :confused: But someone like Hartfield should never have defeated him :sad: The Match did go to three sets, but that's the only good thing I can think to say right now :crying2:

TommyB.
02-12-2008, 08:15 AM
You should beat Hartfield on hardcourt but it was his first match and without a good preparation.

Tommy needs more practise & match time.

Haas, who had shoulder surgery in November, struggled to serve over 110 MPH the entire evening. He said: "Overall (the shoulder) feels good. It's my first test. Unfortunately the shoulder went away a bit at the end of the second set. I didn't have the pop anymore. I didn't really have any pain, just no power." (atptennis.com)

Tommy fan
02-12-2008, 01:22 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
Very bad loss... Hartfield on HC :o
I hope next match will be better..

Thanks for the report TommyB..

Has anyone seen it?

Fee
02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
No power suggests a bit of muscle atrophy from lack of practice and working out. So, does he work out some more and take some time off, or does he try to play San Jose? I suppose he'll do both, keep practicing in Florida and play next week if he has been reassured that it won't do any damage.

I hate to see this happening to him. Last summer I spoke to him very briefly at the Cincy Masters to ask him about his hip or leg because he had favored it in practice the previous day. He made a throwaway comment that he was 'getting old' and his body had a lot of wear and tear on it. He's such a talented and beautiful tennis player, I'm not ready to see him fade away like this yet. :sad:

Fee
02-12-2008, 11:29 PM
I guess this answers my question:

Safin withdraws from San Jose, Hass to face Sampras
February 12, 2008

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- Marat Safin withdrew from the upcoming SAP Open because of a stress fracture in his right leg and stomach flu.

Safin missed last weekend's Davis Cup tie for Russia against Serbia. He had been scheduled to play an exhibition next Monday against Pete Sampras to start the tournament. Tommy Haas will replace Safin in that match.

Fernando Gonzalez and Juan Martin Del Potro withdrew Monday from the San Jose tournament with injuries.

Updated on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm, EST

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-sanjose-safin&prov=ap&type=lgns

02-13-2008, 02:05 AM
One of these days I think his right arm is going to fall off at the shoulder :scared: I just don't see how much more that poor shoulder can take :sad: I never did hear
what that 3rd shoulder surgery was for :confused:

kiwi10is
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
I never did hear
what that 3rd shoulder surgery was for :confused:

guess this is the answer

another little shoulder problem that occurred to me in the middle of last year and forced me to have another shoulder surgery because I had a little nerve impingement.

Tommy fan
02-13-2008, 03:24 PM
"Originaly posted by Tommy Haas" lol

I hope he'll get better until San Jose..

02-14-2008, 04:42 AM
"Originaly posted by Tommy Haas" lol

I hope he'll get better until San Jose..

Straight from the Haas' Mouth :lol: He didn't make that surgery sound like much, but then Tommy always seems to try to make so little of any shoulder problems. May be he knows it scares his fans to death :scared:

Tommy fan
02-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Straight from the Haas' Mouth :lol: He didn't make that surgery sound like much, but then Tommy always seems to try to make so little of any shoulder problems. May be he knows it scares his fans to death :scared:

It certainly dcares me :sad: Poor Tommy.. So many problem in one shoulders! :sad:
Why can't it just gone for 2 years? Just so he can finish his career in a good way...

02-15-2008, 04:57 AM
I wish Tommy hadn't had to have all those shoulder surgeries myself :sad: But to be a right handed tennis player and have 3 surgeries on your right shoulder it is amazing he is still able to play at all :angel: