bad manners... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

bad manners...

willie
06-11-2004, 09:09 PM
I am a big fan of Coria, and i know he has many other fans, but he will loose them if he continues like that. i heard that the other day he answered rudly to an american journalist and to an enlish kid that wanted his autograph. I think is a bad moment becuase he lost roland garros and in the way he lost, but he has to stop with this actitude or he will loose many fans and people that want him to win.

Washa Koroleva
06-11-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm sure that he was in a bad mood.
I remember as I posted real bullshit on an other forum, said weird stuff and was very rude to everyone. I deleted all the posts after that (which was thank god possible).
Guille cannot delete that, but I'm sure he'd like to and feels sorry for it. He wouldn't leave us a message if we as his fans would be unimportant to him.
I'm very sure that it might be one reason for his current mood :(

We still love you, Guille! :)

JC`s rainbow
06-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi Willie,

I`m also a big fan, but I know Guille sometimes is a difficult character.
He´s certainly not the cute little fella he appears to be. We all have our bad moments of course, but he tends to let his bad feelings out on others and that`s just not right.

Can you tell us a bit more about this ? Where did you read it and what exactly did he say ?

You are from Argentina- is it right that they call him a "loser" in the Argentine media now ???

Washa Koroleva
06-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Hi Willie,

He´s certainly not the cute little fella he appears to be. We all have our bad moments of course, but he tends to let his bad feelings out on others and that`s just not right.

Can you tell us a bit more about this ? Where did you read it and what exactly did he say ?

You are from Argentina- is it right that they call him a "loser" in the Argentine media now ???

ah, so you're from there?! It would be great if you give us more information.
I think media is something you should be careful with to get to know the truth, lol :)

Guille's Girl
06-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah Guille's not an angel, but he's not Satan either. We all have our....bad habits....fortunately for me I can just go back and apologize (cuz ya know ain't dat many folks) but Guille doesn't have that luxury ya. I've never had too great of a burden to be in an all out bitchy mood but ya know damn. If he's sad, he's REALLY sad, if he's happy, he's REALLY happy and if he's pissed, he's REALLY pisssed. The guy is like...TOO emotional ya and I think he DOES need a psychologist. He said he's thinking about getting one...

Carito_90
06-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I couldn't agree more GG :)

Not true.
It's true that Gaudio is gettin much more attention that Guille but people here love him and everyone respects him. Some people may not like him but the media does so usually when they talk about him they just say a few stuff, not much. I mean, to be honest, people are talking A LOT about Gaudio and almost nothin about Guille. So no, that thing of Argentinean media calling him looser is complete bullshit. At least i haven't heard/read it anywhere.

Ma. Estefania
06-12-2004, 12:28 AM
The guy is like...TOO emotional ya and I think he DOES need a psychologist. He said he's thinking about getting one...

I agree....I think that the psychologist could help him to control a bit more his emotions.

All for his good. :angel:

willie
06-12-2004, 01:44 AM
Hi Willie,

no, isnt true, but suddenly they all stoped talking of him, now you dont see articles of him in the newspaper, is all gaudio...

Guille's Girl
06-12-2004, 01:49 AM
no, isnt true, but suddenly they all stoped talking of him, now you dont see articles of him in the newspaper, is all gaudio...

Well he's probably glad to be "flying under the radar" for right now.

Carito_90
06-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Uhuh, everyone's talking about Gaudio. He's everywhere. It's annoying.

yixiang
06-12-2004, 03:41 AM
Guille had a bad time in RG final and his 1st round loss to a nobody is just a disaster after another. Anyhow I'd forgive him for whatever he did or however his attitude. It might be impossible for me to approach him, to feel the real character of him, so what I care is his performance on the court. Like Guille's girl said he is not an angel... but who is?

yixiang
06-12-2004, 03:47 AM

It's understandable that Gaudio is now the focus everywhere. but this won't last too long, unless he would go on with his miracle in Wimby...

So, just bear the press... :angel:

gravity
06-12-2004, 04:08 AM

Why? He should be a hero and inspiration to every Argentine.... he's worked from having next-to-nothing to achieving real greatness at Roland Garros. From what I know, Gaston came from a poorer background while Guillermo came from a middle-class family and was very well supported.

I'm not bashing El Mago. When I see him play, he definitely has that "special touch" that Diego Maradona brought to the football pitch. I know how much Argentines love diego..... they even play songs about him in all the dance/night clubs around Buenos Aires. It's crazy but I love it. :p I wonder if Guille will ever enjoy the same adulation? :)

Anyway, for someone to achieve what Gaston has is very important in a country where there are so many problems, so many struggling just to survive while their politicians are bending over to appease bloodthirsty bondholders.

Carito_90
06-12-2004, 04:29 AM
Ahm, am i going to discuss to someone that called Guille el 'mierda poco' (which btw, makes no sense at all!)?
Uh i don't think so.

You may wanna ask for a Carla Coria forum, but I'm sorry, this one's for the tennis player :)

star
06-12-2004, 04:39 AM
Posting total bullshit in GM isn't right, gravity. I think you understand that Guille's fans are upset with you.

willie
06-12-2004, 04:52 AM
i dont think gaudio is an inspiration, yesterday on a tv program he said he didnt borried about the injury of coria, he say that for him if coria died in the match better, that shows he isnt a good person.

gravity
06-12-2004, 05:00 AM
Ahm, am i going to discuss to someone that called Guille el 'mierda poco' (which btw, makes no sense at all!)?
Uh i don't think so.

Your loss........ I'm a fascinating conversationalist. Seems like most people in GM understood my elementary level spanish though. :lol:

You may wanna ask for a Carla Coria forum, but I'm sorry, this one's for the tennis player :)

Great idea. :bounce:

gravity
06-12-2004, 05:06 AM
i dont think gaudio is an inspiration, yesterday on a tv program he said he didnt borried about the injury of coria, he say that for him if coria died in the match better, that shows he isnt a good person.

He didn't mean it literally I'm sure. You can take any comment out of context and put a twisted spin on it.

In any event, you have to play tough to win the biggest tournaments. Ask any Grand Slam winner and they would give the same response..... you cannot worry about the guy at the other side of the net, you've got to concentrate on you're own game. Hell I'd smack a grenade over the net if it would help me win the French Open. :haha:

xOxTanyaxOx
06-12-2004, 06:00 AM
well..i think he meant it. which i have to agree with willie doesn make him the nicest person. yeah sure he came from a background that was poor and his family and friendz had to sell a couple of things to send him to the competition..ofcourse he wants to win, but still he didnt have the right to say that. if you go to the french open website and read gaudios interview there..he said a similar thing to "if coria died in the match better" i mean why would he say it more than one time..if he didnt want people to know what he thinks...or clearly..maybe he just isn used to the fame. oh and yeah..he may be like talked a lot in argentina right now. itll end soon when coria goes and wins another title very soon! hehe. :)

Chloe le Bopper
06-12-2004, 06:36 AM
I'm excessively irritable, so I can relate to Coria and his intense moods. I'm just fortunate enough to not have the media and fans in my face when I want the world to just go away. I throw on a hat, sunglasses, and go to the library or smt ;)

alita
06-12-2004, 01:51 PM
I am a big fan of Coria, and i know he has many other fans, but he will loose them if he continues like that. i heard that the other day he answered rudly to an american journalist and to an enlish kid that wanted his autograph. I think is a bad moment becuase he lost roland garros and in the way he lost, but he has to stop with this actitude or he will loose many fans and people that want him to win.

Willie, where did you hear about that?

gravity
06-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I doubt he said anything in Argentina in his native Spanish like that. Maybe he said some words in English that had a different meaning to what he was trying to express - if it happened at all. I cannot find anything in the Roland Garros interview where Gaston is wishing Guille dead. If he did say that, I would agree it's overstepping the line for sure. ;)

boliviana
06-12-2004, 02:56 PM
I think Coria is generally a really nice guy BUT he comes across as really immature. Yes, he's been traveling around the world since he was a teenager but emotionally he gets unraveled so easily on the court and he loses it. In Hamburg he was out of it and would protest calls like two-yr old, jumping up and down, etc. He has huge expectations for himself and he has made the pressure all that more intense. And then you throw in the whole doping scandal and how he feels about that mess and you have a recipe for an explosion. And it doesn't help that when he slips or falls, there are cameras everywhere watching his every move. He has to feel really defensive about last Sunday. There is no way to spin Sunday and make it sound good.

As for Gaudio, there doesn't seem to be much expectation out there that he will do much beyond the one French Open title. He is classless, without manners and generally a clown! Coria brings a lot more dignity and respect and honor to the game and he (and we) have to believe that he will prevail.

Guille's Girl
06-12-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm excessively irritable, so I can relate to Coria and his intense moods. I'm just fortunate enough to not have the media and fans in my face when I want the world to just go away. I throw on a hat, sunglasses, and go to the library or smt ;)

:haha: My point exactly Rebecca. The way my life was about..8 years ago, I was EXCESSIVELY irritable but like you said, you don't have all the folks around always wanting something from you (oh wait yes I did :mad: ) when you're pissed off and obviously having a bad time. :haha:

About what GASton said; if he perfered Guille to die, you can clearly see that he wasn't willing to fight for the title, he wanted a free ride. He got one off Nally with the bad ribs, then Guille with the cramps. So you see, this is why GASton ain't hardly got shit: he's waiting around till someone is injured. If he was half as dedicated as Guille is he'd PROBABLY be a better player. HMM! Nice time to make a cruel joke BUT...oh what the hell: If he was totally broke and some relatives were insured, he'd probably kill or have them killed instead of getting a job. There I said it. I purposely and knowingly wronged my own soul. :o

xOxTanyaxOx
06-12-2004, 06:06 PM
hey guilles girl..yeah i agree with ya that like if gaudio was like a dedicated and extremely talented player he wouldn wait for someone to get injured to win a grand slam..or wait for someone to die. infact im sure he ruined more of his reputation when he said he wanted coria to die...oh i got a quick question...is coria married to carla..or is she just his girlfriend?

Washa Koroleva
06-12-2004, 06:29 PM
hey guilles girl..yeah i agree with ya that like if gaudio was like a dedicated and extremely talented player he wouldn wait for someone to get injured to win a grand slam..or wait for someone to die. infact im sure he ruined more of his reputation when he said he wanted coria to die...oh i got a quick question...is coria married to carla..or is she just his girlfriend?

I agree with what you both said, too.

Carla is Coria's wife :)

Carito_90
06-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Okay, some people here are getting the wrong message.
Gaston didn't say he wanted Guille to die. He said that he didn't care whether Guille died in the match or whatever happened to him, he just wanted to win.
I didn't like very much what he said, it was kinda upseting. But i'm sure he didn't mean it, he's not a bad person, he's not the kind of person that would wish death on someone.
Still, it wasn't nice of him at all.

Your loss........ I'm a fascinating conversationalist. Seems like most people in GM understood my elementary level spanish though.

Well it's obvious they kinda got your idea because if you tell em that 'Mierda' means 'shit' they'd suppose you're not talking about a nice nickname.
But poco mierda means nothing in spanish. Try to get a better translator next time :)

loeliepoelie
06-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Does Coria speak english?

Ma. Estefania
06-12-2004, 11:03 PM
*Sighs* Yes, he does, of course that in a quite limited level, but he does.

willie
06-13-2004, 04:47 AM
I doubt he said anything in Argentina in his native Spanish like that. Maybe he said some words in English that had a different meaning to what he was trying to express - if it happened at all. I cannot find anything in the Roland Garros interview where Gaston is wishing Guille dead. If he did say that, I would agree it's overstepping the line for sure. ;)

Im telling you its true, ask to another argentinean that saw the tv program CQC.

xOxTanyaxOx
06-13-2004, 05:03 AM
so what do most people in argentina think bout what he said though??

Jazzy
06-13-2004, 08:02 AM
It's understandable that Gaudio is now the focus everywhere. but this won't last too long, unless he would go on with his miracle in Wimby...

So, just bear the press... :angel:

well, he can't now!!! coz he withdrew from Wimbledon coz of a foot injury!!!

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Hmm, this thread is about Gaudio's bad manners now :haha:

gravity
06-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Well it's obvious they kinda got your idea because if you tell em that 'Mierda' means 'shit' they'd suppose you're not talking about a nice nickname.
But poco mierda means nothing in spanish. Try to get a better translator next time :)

El mierda poco is nonsensical Spanish? :rolleyes: Eight months studying Spanish and I still can't say even a basic insult properly in the damn language. I didn't use a translator. Maybe I should next time. :p

Anyway the show was a comedy...... Gaston didn't mean any harm towards Guillermo. I can't believe people are still trying to twist his words into actually meaning something. Especially those living in Argentina. Shame on YOU! ;)

gravity
06-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Hmm, this thread is about Gaudio's bad manners now :haha:

Can we go back now to discussing the original topic? :devil: Or should we continue looking for faults in Gaston's persona? :D

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 02:20 PM
We'll keep biting Gastons' head off for now :yeah: And your Spanish is horrible. Are you studying alone? I can no speaka español muy bien either BUT golly gee, at least I got all the basic stuff straight. Maybe if you stop trying to learn insults and focus more on the language, you'll get somewhere. MY SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "YOU! DON'T! WANT! DRAMAAAAAAAAA!!! YOU! DON'T! WANT! NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

xOxTanyaxOx
06-13-2004, 02:28 PM
haha well i think gaudio has more than coria! hehe. easier topic wouldn u say?

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah. But if it was a joke, it wasn't funny. If anyone laughed, I can't believe it. Bad sense of humor. EY! GASTON!!!! YOU AIN'T FUNNY BRUTHA!!! dolt...

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Oh by the way Gravity, a good book to use for practicing your Spanish is Cliff Note's Quick Review, Spanish 1. It's very precise and to the point. Use it with whatever your studying now.

alita
06-13-2004, 02:43 PM
I think Guadio is Ok, he is nice.
Because he CRIED in the ceremony :D
I like people crying……:lol:
Roger cried in Wimby last year, and I like it, Andy cried in USO last year, and I also like it:lol: :lol:

Ok, I go back to this topic, actually, I don't like Guile did that thing. I hope he can change it, really! He really need to control his emotion on some occasion.
He should not be rude to the kids. :o It's fine to be rude to the reporter;)(kidding), but it's really bad to be rude to the kids!!! KIDS ARE THE ANGLEs :angel:

xOxTanyaxOx
06-13-2004, 02:48 PM
whatd he say to the kids?

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Some kids are devils, trust me. And yes it IS ok to be rude to reporters :lol: (on occassion) but I hope he doesn't do it again. Poor kid (the kid). Willie still didn't tell us where he heard this though :scratch: Like this one time some newspaper in Argentina said that after the match vs Gonzalez in Miami, Guille had a "fight" with Gonzo's coach and some Chilean fans. Guille wrote on his website that day and said that shit wasn't true ya. So I dunno, where Willie got this from sooooooooooooooooo yeah.

xOxTanyaxOx
06-13-2004, 02:57 PM
haha i guess reporters can be a pain in the ass at times. sry for the language.

gravity
06-13-2004, 03:06 PM
We'll keep biting Gastons' head off for now :yeah: And your Spanish is horrible. Are you studying alone? I can no speaka español muy bien either BUT golly gee, at least I got all the basic stuff straight. Maybe if you stop trying to learn insults and focus more on the language, you'll get somewhere. MY SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "YOU! DON'T! WANT! DRAMAAAAAAAAA!!! YOU! DON'T! WANT! NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hahaa.... my tutor at uni says the same thing. I spend too much time trying to learn the stupid shit and not enough studying the basics. I was in Buenos Aires in January.... the locals had a lot of fun with me y mi muy terriiiiiiiiiible castellano jajaja. :p

Guille's Girl
06-13-2004, 03:24 PM
:haha: Aww. I guess I'm like Guille with English: He can speak a little but he's scared too and I can speak a little Spanish but I'm scared too :( Not like my sister though. She's studying Arabic and she's damn near perfect after like...2 years!

loeliepoelie
06-13-2004, 11:38 PM
I saw Coria 3 times today at Rosmalen, and he was really nice! The first time I saw him he was practicing with Verdasco, they were joking all the time and after the practice about 10 kids ran up to Coria. They all spoke dutch so he couldn't understand it, but he posed for loads of pics and signed loads of autographs! He was really nice to them! A few hours later I bumped into him while he was walking to the practice courts with Robredo. Just before they got there again loads of kids and grown ups stopped him, and again he posed for pics and signed lots of things and was really a nice guy! After that I saw him again with Carla, I smiled at them and they both smiled back! So i think Guille has great manners!

MissPovaFan
06-13-2004, 11:42 PM
I saw Coria 3 times today at Rosmalen, and he was really nice! The first time I saw him he was practicing with Verdasco, they were joking all the time and after the practice about 10 kids ran up to Coria. They all spoke dutch so he couldn't understand it, but he posed for loads of pics and signed loads of autographs! He was really nice to them! A few hours later I bumped into him while he was walking to the practice courts with Robredo. Just before they got there again loads of kids and grown ups stopped him, and again he posed for pics and signed lots of things and was really a nice guy! After that I saw him again with Carla, I smiled at them and they both smiled back! So i think Guille has great manners!

awwww hes great! :D :worship:

star
06-14-2004, 12:12 AM

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Great report!!! It sounds like Guille is happy and relaxed. I'm glad to hear that.

To me all these reports about Guille being sour and a meanie are put out there by people who don't like him for other reasons. I've never seen it myself and have never seen him act up on court either. He's always been very nice to his fans too when I have seen him. He seems to like them coming up to him and asking for autographs and pictures.

It was so funny at IW after his match on a small outer court, Carla stood with the other fans waiting for Gullie to come off the court. He was siging autographs right and left and she just sort of had to put her hand on his shoulder to turn him to her to give him a victory kiss. One of the men watching thought she was just a fan and was amazed. "He gives out kisses too?" :lol:

Jinx
06-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Here in Argentina Gaudio is appearing in ALL the tv programs :( saying stupid things...like somebody said before is true what he said that if coria died on court it would be better (he didnt mean he wanted coria to died, but they were stupid words anyway) i saw that in cqc too...
This guy is reall anoying (gaudio) specially becasue he says stupid things all the time, like: i cant believe it, and laughs like and idiot....he has no champion spirit, or soul...he just wants to party with the 800.000 euros he won in roland garros!!
Sorry, I dont lik him...specially when he talks about Coria...., buh, i dont like him at all.....he seems stupid :sad:

Sorry, if i offended anyone...but its kind of sad that our more important "sport hero" rigth now is such a silly person.... :mad:

xOxTanyaxOx
06-15-2004, 04:06 PM
hehe yeah coria didnt want the money..he played cuz he wanted the title! like a true sports player!:)

Guille's Girl
06-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Here in Argentina Gaudio is appearing in ALL the tv programs :( saying stupid things...like somebody said before is true what he said that if coria died on court it would be better (he didnt mean he wanted coria to died, but they were stupid words anyway) i saw that in cqc too...
This guy is reall anoying (gaudio) specially becasue he says stupid things all the time, like: i cant believe it, and laughs like and idiot....he has no champion spirit, or soul...he just wants to party with the 800.000 euros he won in roland garros!!
Sorry, I dont lik him...specially when he talks about Coria...., buh, i dont like him at all.....he seems stupid :sad:

Sorry, if i offended anyone...but its kind of sad that our more important "sport hero" rigth now is such a silly person.... :mad:

:haha: :haha: :haha: Hey! Be happy! At LEAST he's not the President! ;) :o *sighs* at least he's not the President.....

Hey thanks for the great report loeliepoelie!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

Carito_90
06-15-2004, 04:57 PM
he just wants to party with the 800.000 euros he won

1.000.000 euros :)

kandykane
06-15-2004, 05:36 PM
hehe yeah coria didnt want the money..he played cuz he wanted the title! like a true sports player!:)

:cool: if guille don't want it, i'll take it

xOxTanyaxOx
06-15-2004, 05:38 PM
haha no course he wantd it. lol. but he wanted the title more. ill split the money with ya!:):cool:

kandykane
06-15-2004, 05:43 PM
:devil: no way, i'm only offering you 5% ;)

Guille's Girl
06-15-2004, 09:18 PM
:haha:

boliviana
06-15-2004, 10:48 PM
I've said it before . . . Gaudio is a clown . . . a peasant. I give him credit for winning some great matches at RG but time will prove that he doesn't have the "stuff" to be consistent. I am sure that just kills someone like Coria to know that he lost to that . . . if he'd lost to Nalbandian or Kuerten, it still would have hurt but those are players of merit and talent and it wouldn't have stung so much.

And in a million years don't think that Coria doesn't sit and count every penny of every deal, every tournament. Adidas, Prince, whatever he does in Argentina . . . I am sure Daddy made sure he gets every penny he can. I don't begrudge him anything because he has worked for it but there are serious dollars there that have nothing to do tournaments. Professional sports are big bucks.

star
06-15-2004, 11:44 PM
I agree. I think Coria is interested in the money. I certainly hope he is. This is one of the reasons someone becomes a professional athlete.

I think Coria is interested in every deal he can find. Didn't he and Carla sell the picture rights to their wedding?

Also someone told me that at IW Coria was staying at the Holiday Inn Express (someone who was also staying there saw him) instead at one of the big fancy hotels that puts up players. So, he appears to like to make his dollars stretch too.

gina_
06-16-2004, 01:52 AM
I have to say this!

I've seen Coria around on the circuit for some time but was never a big fan of his. At all. Until one day, he made one gesture and I really fell in love. I can't remember which match it was...possibly the hamburg final against federer, and I was watching the highlights. Coria was entering the court and walking with a ballgirl along the net to his chair. The ballgirl was super nervous and she was so stiff and walking like a robot. Anyway, when they got to the end of the net, he stopped, and stuck out his hand and bowed a little like a real gentlemen to allow her to walk in front of him. I gotta tell you...I just MELTED.

And he's always so nice to his fans...responding to them on his webpage, its like he's really close to us in a way.

I think he behaves differently on court- he's more compeitive, highstrung but you can't judge him by that. I think in truth- he's a very simple, polite boy who's a real gentlemen and loves his family.

<3333

Guille's Girl
06-16-2004, 02:00 AM
*dies*.....*comes back to life* OMG!!!! That is so sweet!!!! *dies again*

alita
06-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Yeah, that's their job. Play tennis and earn lots of money.
They'd better make money as possible as they can, because their professional career is usaully 10 years around, and the time of being a top player usually not more than few years, isn't it?

xOxTanyaxOx
06-16-2004, 02:22 AM
hehe yea you guys..i was just saying wut the commmentar said on tv that he wanted the title more than the money though this time.:) i wasn sayin he didn want money :lol: who wouldn want money!:lol:

Guille's Girl
06-16-2004, 02:29 AM
If he had to choose between money and....something more important...I think Guille would choose the "something more important", which is the title. :yeah: Money is SO overrated. :p

Carito_90
06-16-2004, 02:59 AM
Definetely GG. Money may be important at the begining but now now. Not after having won 8 titles you know... he already has plenty of money so the 1.000.000 euros he would have gotten if he would have won RG would (yah i got tired of the 'would' too lol) have been not very important for him. He wanted the title. I dont think that when he was 5 years old and he was thinking about RG he was actually thinking of winning it because of the money you know.

And stary... maybe he just stays in those kind of hotels to avoid the 'paparazzi', grupies etc. I don't think he actually NEEDS to take care of his money lol

xOxTanyaxOx
06-16-2004, 03:06 AM
hehe i agree with ya both..plus if your second runners up you would get quitea bit of money too right. not 1 million euros but a lot stil. but why was he so upset and everything?? why did he cry? he got money right? but he wanted the title:)!

alita
06-16-2004, 03:56 AM
Who will laugh when he lost? :lol:

gina_
06-16-2004, 06:09 AM
I think he's got the passion but it's like a job too ya know.

star
06-16-2004, 06:11 AM
hehe i agree with ya both..plus if your second runners up you would get quitea bit of money too right. not 1 million euros but a lot stil. but why was he so upset and everything?? why did he cry? he got money right? but he wanted the title:)!

Oh yeah. I do agree that he wanted the title. I think that had someone said, you can win the title but you can't have the money, he would take the title. I didn't meant to make it sound any other way.

star
06-16-2004, 06:16 AM
I have to say this!

I've seen Coria around on the circuit for some time but was never a big fan of his. At all. Until one day, he made one gesture and I really fell in love. I can't remember which match it was...possibly the hamburg final against federer, and I was watching the highlights. Coria was entering the court and walking with a ballgirl along the net to his chair. The ballgirl was super nervous and she was so stiff and walking like a robot. Anyway, when they got to the end of the net, he stopped, and stuck out his hand and bowed a little like a real gentlemen to allow her to walk in front of him. I gotta tell you...I just MELTED.

And he's always so nice to his fans...responding to them on his webpage, its like he's really close to us in a way.

I think he behaves differently on court- he's more compeitive, highstrung but you can't judge him by that. I think in truth- he's a very simple, polite boy who's a real gentlemen and loves his family.

<3333

:bigclap:

:worship:

Yes! I saw that right away in him. I see him with such different eyes. I don't see what people are talking about when they accuse him of whining etc. He is very competitive on the court. He has to be to win. He's agressive and he doesn't want to give up a single point.

But on the other hand I don't see him throwing temper tantrums on the court either (like one of my favorties does :tape: ) I don't see him screaming at the umpires or smashing his rackets.

Anyway, I'm glad you melted. :)

At IW, the ball girls ADORED him. When he fell and scraped his knee the ball girls were all aflutter. When they had the rotation the girls who came off the court were all ........... "and he was BLEEDING" "poor thing" "so brave" :lol:

Guille's Girl
06-16-2004, 03:21 PM
I think he's got the passion but it's like a job too ya know.

Ya think? He frickin' BLEEDS passion. Like Lleyton used to have. There's nobody in the curcuit with more passion than Guille. Let me think....nope.

At IW, the ball girls ADORED him. When he fell and scraped his knee the ball girls were all aflutter. When they had the rotation the girls who came off the court were all ........... "and he was BLEEDING" "poor thing" "so brave"

Aww!!! :inlove: I'm so jealous. :haha: jealous of the ball girls!

xOxTanyaxOx
06-16-2004, 04:23 PM
:haha:

harder to breathe is a good song! i agree GG! so is this love by them! hehe. :)

Guille's Girl
06-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Yes it's a VERY good song! "How dare you say that my behavior's unacceptable????!!!" I love that! ;)

misha
06-16-2004, 06:14 PM
i believe the hot blood running in guille's veins does not let him act other way. South americans, like people from the Balkans(that includes me), are very passionate and usually let feelings take first place in what they do.
i think other players very often wish to throw their rackets, or scream, or cry, but they don't because of their ability to keep temper.
so probably that's why guille's agression on-court (and sometimes off-court) is confused with bad manners.

alita
06-16-2004, 06:35 PM
:wavey: Misha. You're from Balkans? that's great.

Ma. Estefania
06-17-2004, 01:03 AM
i believe the hot blood running in guille's veins does not let him act other way. South americans, like people from the Balkans(that includes me), are very passionate and usually let feelings take first place in what they do.

Totally agree Misha. But of course, as every person Guille "should" try to control it a bit, you know, at least to not make talk so many of his bashers. :o

But still....I like him just as the way he is. That's the main reason I like him, because his temper, his attitude between cocky and nice on court, etc. :worship:

Guille's Girl
06-17-2004, 04:54 AM
Yeah now McEnroe is saying that players show no passion and are "robots" on the court. Pfft now what?

xOxTanyaxOx
06-17-2004, 04:58 AM
hes probably just jealous that players now are gettin very very talented.more than he eva was!:) haha. actually ive neva seen any of his matches..so..yeah:)

Guille's Girl
06-17-2004, 05:15 AM
Well he was good BUT he was mostly known for his awful temper. I mean...REALLY bad behavior. Safin doesn't come close :haha: I don't see how people can complain about Guille (or Lleyton for that matter).

xOxTanyaxOx
06-17-2004, 05:33 AM
haha yeah. hey i found this article on the web..it was bout coria giving his t-shirt away to the ball girl adn stuff..and it has apicture too. just in case any of ya were interested.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2003/06/07/stpars07.xml

xOxTanyaxOx
06-17-2004, 05:35 AM
haha so he bsically has no right to say anything bad about anyways behavior! hehe :haha:

kandykane
06-17-2004, 05:41 AM
oh, i remember i was so damn jealous of that ball girl that he gave the shirt to, it was in the match against ververk. I think that's the first match i watched him play...

gina_
06-17-2004, 09:45 AM
haha yeah. hey i found this article on the web..it was bout coria giving his t-shirt away to the ball girl adn stuff..and it has apicture too. just in case any of ya were interested.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2003/06/07/stpars07.xml

I remember that match when he threw his racket and he hit the ball girl. But I seem to remember it differently from what the picture shows. I thought he kinda clasped his hands to apologise to her and then gave her his shirt. In the picture, he looks like he's flinging it to her!

erghhh, I don't want to spoil that nice memory I have of him. Lmao.

xOxTanyaxOx
06-17-2004, 09:48 AM
haha yeah..sry.:)

alita
06-17-2004, 10:16 AM
I think these two pics was from that match.
He looked so sorry for that girl.

Guille's Girl
06-17-2004, 02:55 PM
But I seem to remember it differently from what the picture shows. I thought he kinda clasped his hands to apologise to her and then gave her his shirt.

Yeah that's what happened. There's a picture of that somewhere. Don't feel like looking for it :p

Guille's Girl
06-17-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm jealous of your avatar Alita :p :lol: beautiful pic :hearts:

alita
06-17-2004, 03:39 PM
:drool::drool:

xOxTanyaxOx
06-17-2004, 03:52 PM
hehe he has such a great body! omg it like makes me drool! :haha: ;)

alita
06-17-2004, 04:02 PM
:lol: :lol: so cool ~~ and hot

Guille's Girl
06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
hehe he has such a great body! omg it like makes me drool! :haha: ;)

:hearts: nice tan :inlove:

Ma. Estefania
06-18-2004, 12:56 AM
:hearts: nice tan :inlove:

I agree :worship:

xOxTanyaxOx
06-18-2004, 01:51 AM
haha yeah that too!;)

Micca
06-18-2004, 06:22 PM
CUTIE!

gina_
06-22-2004, 01:57 AM
He's so cute and so hot.

Ahh. I feel my hormones raging.

Micca
06-22-2004, 11:40 AM
OooH Don't Even START About it! :inlove::inlove: My heart is racing!! :D:D
Btw, how did you make your avanter Gina_ ?

cool
06-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Misha -- its always good to let feelings to go as it is instead of trying to control it. it will help in the long run.

Micca
06-22-2004, 12:28 PM
hahaha ThnQ for the tip ;) I'll remember that! ;)

tousledbaby
06-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Only to come back to the topic.
I have to tell an interesting story. Once a German reporter said that Coria ran around with a little camera at the tournament in Monte Carlo ( I think it was 2001) and filmed everything. He was just so nice and friendly to all the reporters. And he has sent these videos, which he has filmed, to his friends to Argentina.
I think that's very nice...because most of the players just forget their friends at home. But Coria does not and this proves his faith and friendliness. :angel:

alita
06-27-2004, 01:30 PM
:angel: GUILLE IS A NICE PERSON!! :angel:

Thanks the info,Tousled~

kandykane
06-27-2004, 01:48 PM
we've all believed he's a nice person, he just got a bit grumpy after the RG loss, but he's all nice again now ;) :D :worship:

Alisa
06-27-2004, 03:16 PM
guille is very nice and sweet!! he is just very emotional and like all ppl can lose control. but definately it's just his temperament)) btw, it's one of the reasons we love him)

Guille's Girl
06-27-2004, 04:14 PM
I agree Alisa. I love the fact that's he's so imperfect...as we all are :retard:

gina_
06-28-2004, 08:13 AM
I totally agree. He's normal, he has his imperfections and when all the people start guille-bashing and going on about how he is so whiny and bratty...I mean they're right sometimes but I don't care. I just like him tons, imperfections and all.

I think Guille is very intense on court but he's just a nice person off it and it comes across when he speaks of his family and his fans and those small little actions like letting ballgirls walk first etc.