Who's Going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's Going?

Blue Heart24
01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm interested in how this ticket thing works there :lol: (i will maybe go)

Anyone who has been,can you tell me:

1.Can you reserve tickets by the phone or online few months before?

I dont understand,they say on the website that you need to overnight there to get a ticket??? :confused:

2.And,what price is THE GROUND PASS for the first few days Monday,Tuesday etc??? nothing on the website..with the pass you can watch courts to 3-19...
For centre,court 1 and 2 there are special tickets,I know that.But can you order them before and they just wait you when you come? ;)

Thanks.

*Ljubica*
01-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm interested in how this ticket thing works there :lol: (i will maybe go)

Anyone who has been,can you tell me:

1.Can you reserve tickets by the phone or online few months before?

I dont understand,they say on the website that you need to overnight there to get a ticket??? :confused:

2.And,what price is THE GROUND PASS for the first few days Monday,Tuesday etc??? nothing on the website..with the pass you can watch courts to 3-19...
For centre,court 1 and 2 there are special tickets,I know that.But can you order them before and they just wait you when you come? ;)

Thanks.

Hi :wavey:

Wimbledon Showcourt tickets are sold in a ballot which runs from August to December the previous year, so you are too late to buy any that way :sad: However, they do sell 500 each day in the first week to people who queue - and yes - if you wanted a Showcourt ticket you would have to be there overnight. However, if you want outside court tickets (Courts 3 to 18 and also standing room at the back of Court 2), you should be OK as long as you get there by 7.00am in the morning.

Last year they started a new thing - that a few tickets for the Showcourts were also sold online through www.ticketmaster.com from about a week before the tournament (you printed out a voucher and picked them up at the Box Office on the day) - but I don't know if that will be happening this year again, or if it was just an experiment :shrug:

Last year, I think the Grounds Pass tickets for the first few days are around £25.00 (35-40 euros), which is not cheap but you do get a lot of choice of good matches on the outside courts for the first days. As to whether you should come - speaking as a local - I hate Wimbledon - it's crowded, overpriced, over-hyped, and I personally prefer watching tennis almost anywhere else :lol: If you're in the UK anyway and really like to watch grass court tennis, go to Queens or Nottingham instead - much cheaper and nicer in my opinion :) BUT............ many people love it, - it does have an atmosphere of it's own and if you are a real tennis fan it's probably worth going just once to experience it for yourself.

Blue Heart24
01-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi :wavey:

Wimbledon Showcourt tickets are sold in a ballot which runs from August to December the previous year, so you are too late to buy any that way :sad: However, they do sell 500 each day in the first week to people who queue - and yes - if you wanted a Showcourt ticket you would have to be there overnight. However, if you want outside court tickets (Courts 3 to 18 and also standing room at the back of Court 2), you should be OK as long as you get there by 7.00am in the morning.

Last year they started a new thing - that a few tickets for the Showcourts were also sold online through www.ticketmaster.com from about a week before the tournament (you printed out a voucher and picked them up at the Box Office on the day) - but I don't know if that will be happening this year again, or if it was just an experiment :shrug:

Last year, I think the Grounds Pass tickets for the first few days are around £25.00 (35-40 euros), which is not cheap but you do get a lot of choice of good matches on the outside courts for the first days. As to whether you should come - speaking as a local - I hate Wimbledon - it's crowded, overpriced, over-hyped, and I personally prefer watching tennis almost anywhere else :lol: BUT............ many people love it, - it does have an atmosphere of it's own and if you are a real tennis fan it's probably worth going just once to experience it for yourself.

Thank you very much The Cat Lady (or Rosie :p) :worship:

Just to clarify:

Practically,for me,its almost impossible to get a ticket for Centre and court 1 now (the only way is to be there overnight and buy one of those 500).

As for the tickets for court 3-18,which I'm interested it,
They are selling it on the particular day,right?( I want a Monday ticket so I need to be there on Monday morning)
You dont need a special ticket for outside courts?
With the ground pass ticket,you can watch any match in courts 3-18?
I heard that on court 3-18 there are no marked seats,you just come and seat where you wish,true?

Sorry for making so many questions,but this indeed looks like a complicated Slam :lol:

*Ljubica*
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Thank you very much The Cat Lady (or Rosie :p) :worship:

Just to clarify:

Practically,for me,its almost impossible to get a ticket for Centre and court 1 now (the only way is to be there overnight and buy one of those 500).

As for the tickets for court 3-18,which I'm interested it,
They are selling it on the particular day,right?( I want a Monday ticket so I need to be there on Monday morning)
You dont need a special ticket for outside courts?
With the ground pass ticket,you can watch any match in courts 3-18?
I heard that on court 3-18 there are no marked seats,you just come and seat where you wish,true?

Sorry for making so many questions,but this indeed looks like a complicated Slam :lol:

No worries - you're welcome :) And don't worry about the questions - it IS undoubtedly a complicated Slam.

And - yes - you are right with all your assumptions.

(1) Yes, it is impossible for you now to buy ShowCourt tickets unless you do the queueing thing, or can afford hugely expensive black market tickets :rolleyes: And I would suggest don't even think about this, as the Police are very strict here on ticket touts, and even buying a black market ticket can get you into lots of serious trouble.

(2) For Courts 3-18, yes they are sold for each particular day. If you get there by 7.00am you should be fine. Doors open at 9.30am. There are loads of burger vans and coffee places along the queue, and they give you a numbered ticket to keep your place, so if you need to leave for a while you can get back into your rightful place. You know we Brits are great at queueing :lol:

3) No - you don't need a special ticket for the outside courts - the Grounds Pass gets you anywhere on Courts 3-18. Also, as I said before, standing room on Court 2.

4) Yes - you can watch any match. Play starts at 11.00am and normally finishes about 9.30pm depending on light and weather conditions.

5) Yes - there are no numbered seats on the outside courts, you can sit anywhere you want, apart from on the Coaches/Players' Guests seats. There are only a small number of these by the side of each court near the front(maybe 10) and they are clearly marked "Reserved".

Btw - a few tips if you come........

1) Bring your own water and food - Wimbledon is really expensive.

2) Try not to bring a rucksack or any big bags, because security is really tight, and everything gets searched and may be taken from you, and also slows down your entry through the gates.

3) Take a raincoat and/or an umbrella. It really does rain a LOT :)

Have fun - and if you need anymore info, please feel free to PM me or ask anymore questions here.

Rosie :cat:
xxx

mirzic
01-24-2008, 03:17 AM
hey peeps
i am looking to go to wimbledon for the 1st time this year
maybe for the 1st 5 days of main draw and possibly qualies
i am interesting in getting advice from others who have been before
i would like just a ground pass. does that entitle you to go to any main stadium (centre court or court 1)? can you get tickets on the day? do you have to line up? or do you have to buy them before hand?
also what about accomodation? i am thinking maybe find a hostel close to the venue. any suggestions?
hope someone can help me out
any assistance will be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot in advance

*Ljubica*
01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi - tennisfancroatia started a similar thread to this a few days ago called "Tickets", and there are some answers in there that may help you.

adee-gee
01-24-2008, 02:06 PM
The ticket system is diabolical for Wimbledon.

But don't worry Marko, Ljubo won't be on a show court ;)

If you do want a show court ticket, queuing overnight is actually more fun than it sounds, especially if you're with some friends or something (and it doesn't rain).

Ground passes are good for the 1st week as well, usually some good matches. Centre Court and Court 1 are 99% beatdowns and Brits losing.

savesthedizzle
02-12-2008, 02:15 AM
This thread made me want to go to Wimbledon again :sad:

reversevolley
02-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey guys has anyone in the UK heard back from the ballot yet? I applied for and got tickets last year but cannot remember when I heard about them although it was Feb/March is I think.

shirleysafin
02-23-2008, 08:40 PM
the prices for court 3-8 sounds much cheaper than those in the center, that's killing me, emmm, maybe I could watch marat safin in those courts, haha

CooCooCachoo
03-14-2008, 09:15 AM

:hug:

I really hope I will be able to go again :o

Jimnik
03-16-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm definitely there. ;)

I'll probably do the same as last year and turn up to the final round of qualifying at Roehampton. Qing overnight is a must for at least one or two nights per year and I'll probably go for gound passes on most of the other days.

Puschkin
03-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Has anyone outside the UK heard from the ballot?

vodka007
04-19-2008, 01:46 PM
I am going to queue overnight at Wimbledon for the 1st week (Monday-Saturday).

Has anyone queued at Wimbledon before? any tips?

Who else is going to Wimbledon this year?

jazar
04-19-2008, 02:14 PM
i will be queueing when i'm not at work.

some tips for the queue: take clothes for all weather conditions and something to occupy yourself with and food

groundstroke
04-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Federer. Federer. Federer.

adee-gee
04-19-2008, 03:47 PM
I want to meet Jazar :D

Fee
04-19-2008, 09:58 PM

Me too. :sad: And Roehampton. I loved going to Roehampton, it's so laid back there (taking the bus from Shepherd's Bush, I transfer at a station that has a grocery store right there, so I could buy cheap sandwiches and snacks to take along). Watching people carry a chair from court to court amused me to no end. :lol:

LaTenista
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Another year and I still won't be able to attend the tournament. :sad:

savesthedizzle
04-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Me too. :sad: And Roehampton. I loved going to Roehampton, it's so laid back there (taking the bus from Shepherd's Bush, I transfer at a station that has a grocery store right there, so I could buy cheap sandwiches and snacks to take along). Watching people carry a chair from court to court amused me to no end. :lol:

Awww I liked going to Roehampton too :sad: :awww: Next year I'll be back (maybe) :p

CooCooCachoo
04-30-2008, 09:06 PM

Roehampton is soooooooo awesome :hearts: I love love love it :inlove:

And I didn't see that many people dragging their chairs along, but yeah there were a few :lol:

Didn't like those fenced courts though. Wasn't nice to watch when your favourite player was out there.

ImmzB
05-06-2008, 08:52 PM
How much is the prices for the out side courts??

The passes when you travel around the out-side courts??

CooCooCachoo
05-07-2008, 07:59 AM
How much is the prices for the out side courts??

The passes when you travel around the out-side courts??

Ticket price info is here:

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/about/tickets/tickets_prices.html

adee-gee
05-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Seems like a small MTF turnout this year :(

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Seems like a small MTF turnout this year :(

They're scared of you :p Or of me.

But I am sure there will be plenty of people coming ;)

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm not scared of either of you :p :nerner: You both know of my Wimbledon hate :o But I will be there a few times I guess - if only because Dima has more chance of winning a match on grass than he ever has on clay :o And I would like to watch him one match live this year :lol:

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 11:32 AM
:lol: You should come to Roehampton, Rose, and enjoy the wonders of the real Wimbledon :angel: :p

adee-gee
05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
They're scared of you :p Or of me.

But I am sure there will be plenty of people coming ;)
Surely of you :p

I agree that Rose should come to qualies, she can find some new favourites to support seeing as I don't like many of her current players :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2008, 11:48 AM
You're both wrong. There's less of a turnout because I'm not coming this year :p

Don't worry I hope to be back next year :D

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 11:58 AM

I agree that Rose should come to qualies, she can find some new favourites to support seeing as I don't like many of her current players :lol:

Sorry but I'll be at Stoke Poges (Boodle and Dunthorne Exhibition) that week, because Nole is playing there :) My office in Slough is literally 5 minutes from there and I've got free tickets - I can hardly not go can I?:shrug:

And Adam - what makes you think my "new" favourites, would be even more to your taste than the present ones? I still love you - that's all that matters :angel:

gaynor
05-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry but I'll be at Stoke Poges (Boodle and Dunthorne Exhibition) that week, because Nole is playing there :) My office in Slough is literally 5 minutes from there and I've got free tickets - I can hardly not go can I?:shrug:

And Adam - what makes you think my "new" favourites, would be even more to your taste than the present ones? I still love you - that's all that matters :angel:

I got an letter offering a £3 discount to that in the post this morning :lol: I take it you won't be buying the 45 grand package that allows you to arrive by helicopter and have a butler as well.

I'll probably be at Wimbledon for all of the first week.

adee-gee
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM

I'll give you free tickets to qualies :angel: and me > Nole :D

I would make sure of it ;) :p but your love of me at least means you have some good taste :kiss:

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I got an letter offering a £3 discount to that in the post this morning :lol: I take it you won't be buying the 45 grand package that allows you to arrive by helicopter and have a butler as well.

I'll probably be at Wimbledon for all of the first week.

:lol: You would be right :) Actually a friend of mine works in the Bar at the Club, so I won't be paying anything at all :o She's allowed a free ticket for a guest, and she knows I like Nole, so she taking me :) I'm surprised more people on MTF aren't taking up the £45,000 package though :)

And to Adam - thanks for the offer, but I'll stick with Nole thanks! And of course I have good taste! It's just yours that is a little questionable :lol:

Nathaliia
05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm going to be in UK in the Wimbledon quallie time (well, I'm supposed to work at Eastbourne WTA but no way someone forces me to go there daily :o) and I'd like to know where are the Wimbledon quallies and how are the ticket prices.

:wavey:

adee-gee
05-13-2008, 05:17 PM
And to Adam - thanks for the offer, but I'll stick with Nole thanks! And of course I have good taste! It's just yours that is a little questionable :lol:
:tears:
I'm going to be in UK in the Wimbledon quallie time (well, I'm supposed to work at Eastbourne WTA but no way someone forces me to go there daily :o) and I'd like to know where are the Wimbledon quallies and how are the ticket prices.

I might go to Eastbourne for a day actually, I'm quite liking WTA at the moment.

Wimbledon qualies are free, they're in Roehampton which is a couple of miles from the actual tourney.....the address is Bank Of England, Sports Club, Priory Lane, London, SW15 5JQ :hatoff:

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Adam - please don't cry :awww: You know you would put Carla, and Serena, and Ana and Alize > me, - I am just returning the favour :lol:

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 06:29 PM

I am not that scary though. Have met plenty of people and don't think I have frightened anyone :bolt:

And yeah, she definitely can do with a couple of substitutions.

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 06:29 PM
You're both wrong. There's less of a turnout because I'm not coming this year :p

Don't worry I hope to be back next year :D

This is partially true, of course! ;)

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 06:30 PM

Well, you can not go ;) Roehampton > exhibition, surely ;)

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 06:31 PM

Eastbourne is quite far from London still. It'll be expensive to travel up and down.

Adam already answered your other questions :lol:

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
BTW Entry list should be out today.

Nathaliia
05-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Eastbourne is quite far from London still. It'll be expensive to travel up and down.

Adam already answered your other questions :lol:
Yeah, I would have to stay in Eastbourne, not sure if that tournament guarantees any hotels or special offers for media (some tournaments do, for example all in Poland), but fact is, I would prefer to stay in London for the quallies and go to Eastbourne only once or twice to have a clue what I'm writing about :o

adee-gee
05-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Adam - please don't cry :awww: You know you would put Carla, and Serena, and Ana and Alize > me, - I am just returning the favour :lol:
Ok ok....as long as you come to Wimbledon, I'll forgive you for skipping qualies :angel:
And yeah, she definitely can do with a couple of substitutions.
You haven't got such good taste yourself, Mr Chardytard :ras: ;)
I've got friends in Brighton, so I could fit a trip visiting them around it :p

Edit - I see you weren't talking to me but nevermind :o

Nathaliia
05-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh silly me, Eastbourne, I'll sleep at Sjengster's.

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I would have to stay in Eastbourne, not sure if that tournament guarantees any hotels or special offers for media (some tournaments do, for example all in Poland), but fact is, I would prefer to stay in London for the quallies and go to Eastbourne only once or twice to have a clue what I'm writing about :o

Accommodation in Eastbourne is not going to be cheap either as it is a seaside resort infested with old-age pensioners. And it's summer time then. Still, have heard good things about the event. I'd definitely check it out. It will make more sense to go to Eastbourne for you, by the way, as qualies officially is only four days.

CooCooCachoo
05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
You haven't got such good taste yourself, Mr Chardytard :ras: ;)

I've got friends in Brighton, so I could fit a trip visiting them around it :p

Edit - I see you weren't talking to me but nevermind :o

If you drag me to Montcourt's sole match, you can surely expect me to drag you to one of Jérémy's matches :woohoo: I will be quite vocal probably :rocker: Allezzzzzzz :shout:

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Well, you can not go ;) Roehampton > exhibition, surely ;)

Sorry Martijn :hug: But Nole is at the Exhibition, and my free ticket includes "Access All Areas" etc and hospitality as well :angel: So carrying my own wooden chair across the grass at Roehampton would not compare favourably for a fangirl such as myself :p And what do you mean "substitutions" :fiery: "My" players are all perfect and no one is going to be substituted :lol: Enjoy quallies anyway, and hope to meet you again if you are going to be around for the Main Draw matches :)

adee-gee
05-13-2008, 11:35 PM
If you drag me to Montcourt's sole match, you can surely expect me to drag you to one of Jérémy's matches :woohoo: I will be quite vocal probably :rocker: Allezzzzzzz :shout:
Sounds good, I'll cheer on whoever his opponent is :sport: ;)

Fee
05-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Apparently I'm the scary one, which is why someone in this thread didn't meet me at Roehampton last year, and practically ran when he saw me coming (at least that's what Adam told me). ;)

I wish I could go back, maybe 2009.

CooCooCachoo
05-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Sorry Martijn :hug: But Nole is at the Exhibition, and my free ticket includes "Access All Areas" etc and hospitality as well :angel: So carrying my own wooden chair across the grass at Roehampton would not compare favourably for a fangirl such as myself :p And what do you mean "substitutions" :fiery: "My" players are all perfect and no one is going to be substituted :lol: Enjoy quallies anyway, and hope to meet you again if you are going to be around for the Main Draw matches :)

Yeah, I will be there for the first days of the MD as well, so I will see you there! But I won't be having show court tickets :p

CooCooCachoo
05-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Sounds good, I'll cheer on whoever his opponent is :sport: ;)

:ras:

CooCooCachoo
05-14-2008, 05:45 AM
Apparently I'm the scary one, which is why someone in this thread didn't meet me at Roehampton last year, and practically ran when he saw me coming (at least that's what Adam told me). ;)

I wish I could go back, maybe 2009.

:spit: I have done that to someone at ATP Rotterdam :rolls: But in general I find that people from MTF and WTAWorld are very nice, even if some are completely weird :unsure: But the weirdest guy I met at Roehampton was this photographer who started talking to me and seemed to have this obsession with underage Eastern European tennis players :unsure:

You should go back :D Roehampton is the best venue I've been to, to be honest. I :hearts: it.

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I will be there for the first days of the MD as well, so I will see you there! But I won't be having show court tickets :p

Well I will have a Showcourt ticket, but chances are I won't watch anything on there apart from Nole :) I somehow doubt people like Janko and Dima will be on Showcourts, so I'll be out in the grounds mostly too :)

Fee
05-14-2008, 05:02 PM
:spit: I have done that to someone at ATP Rotterdam :rolls: But in general I find that people from MTF and WTAWorld are very nice, even if some are completely weird :unsure: But the weirdest guy I met at Roehampton was this photographer who started talking to me and seemed to have this obsession with underage Eastern European tennis players :unsure:

You should go back :D Roehampton is the best venue I've been to, to be honest. I :hearts: it.

If I go back, do you promise not to run away from me? ;)

Yeah, if I ever make it back to England in June, Roehampton is definitely part of the schedule. I just really liked it there, casual and fun, but still lots of tennis.

Balaenopteramusculus
05-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm going for the first time:banana:

Taz Warrior
05-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm going on the first 2 days and getting ground pass tickets :banana:

Missed out in the ballot :(

CooCooCachoo
05-17-2008, 09:33 AM
If I go back, do you promise not to run away from me? ;)

Yeah, if I ever make it back to England in June, Roehampton is definitely part of the schedule. I just really liked it there, casual and fun, but still lots of tennis.

I promise :cool:

Exactly, very laid-back, beautiful surroundings and so much tennis to choose from. The players themselves are also quite laid-back :lol:

almouchie
05-17-2008, 09:49 AM
ok here it is
I will be in london during the first week of wimbledon (on my honeymoon) & would love to be able to watch some matches
as I understood, the queue tickets allows u to watch cournt 3-18,
but what does it mean to to queue overnight? what time and where do people usualy stand up waiting?
is it likely that I cant gets tickets into the grounds if i wait a couple of hours before the day starts?

adee-gee
05-17-2008, 09:59 AM
ok here it is
I will be in london during the first week of wimbledon (on my honeymoon) & would love to be able to watch some matches
as I understood, the queue tickets allows u to watch cournt 3-18,
but what does it mean to to queue overnight? what time and where do people usualy stand up waiting?
is it likely that I cant gets tickets into the grounds if i wait a couple of hours before the day starts?
Does your partner not mind? :p

Queuing overnight is only necessary if you want Centre Court or Court 1. If you get there around 8-9am you can get tickets for courts 3-18 for sure :)

Fee
05-18-2008, 09:39 PM
I promise :cool:

Exactly, very laid-back, beautiful surroundings and so much tennis to choose from. The players themselves are also quite laid-back :lol:

Cool 'cause I was bummed that I didn't get to chat with you in person. Adam, Jess, and Nik were fun. Next time we have to arrange a pint somewhere (Adam can buy the round). :)

savesthedizzle
05-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Cool 'cause I was bummed that I didn't get to chat with you in person. Adam, Jess, and Nik were fun. Next time we have to arrange a pint somewhere (Adam can buy the round). :)

I will be back in 2009 :) So we can all go back then and make it happen ;)

Martijn is fun :D I enjoyed his company :dance:

CooCooCachoo
05-19-2008, 05:57 AM

A pint :scared: I will have a Baileys, Frangelico, Mojito or vodka then :angel:

I concur that Adam and Jess were fun :D Also met some others that were nice :cool: Who is Nik?

Can you tell I am the only non-straight person in that group? :lol:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Maybe I should come too - get you all to change my mind on Wimbledon and everything connected to it :)

adee-gee
05-19-2008, 10:51 PM
:lol: :hatoff:

I concur that Adam and Jess were fun :D Also met some others that were nice :cool: Who is Nik?

:rolls:

Come on man, you can't come to England and not have a pint :p
Maybe I should come too - get you all to change my mind on Wimbledon and everything connected to it :)
You should! :hug:

Fee
05-21-2008, 01:15 AM

MTF user Jimnik, sorry I should have used that name instead.

Wimbledon was chaotic, Roehampton is fun (and free!) and Adam is buying a round, so yes, you should come too. ;)

~*BGT*~
05-21-2008, 06:15 AM
i will be queueing when i'm not at work.

some tips for the queue: take clothes for all weather conditions and something to occupy yourself with and food

Is queueing safe? :scared:

CooCooCachoo
05-21-2008, 07:21 AM
MTF user Jimnik, sorry I should have used that name instead.

Ah yes, I met him only very briefly.

CooCooCachoo
05-21-2008, 07:22 AM

It should be :unsure:

Thousands of people do it every year :p

Jimnik
05-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I'll definitely be in Roehampton on the Thursday, just like last year. Can't wait. :bounce:

Such a shame that not everyone will be there.

I'll hopefully be bringing along a friend from the JCF forum too.

Jimnik
05-23-2008, 09:08 PM
You definitely should. :yeah:

We must have come so close to bumping into eachother last year because were both at Surbiton and Queens on the same days (at least if I remember correctly). Hopefully we can recognise eachother this time. Has anyone on MTF met you yet?

savesthedizzle
05-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I'll definitely be in Roehampton on the Thursday, just like last year. Can't wait. :bounce:

Such a shame that Jess and Fee won't be there.

I'll hopefully be bringing along a friend from the JCF forum too.

:awww:

I will be there next year :p

Have funnnnn everyone :D

savesthedizzle
05-23-2008, 11:53 PM

Yes! And fun! :lol: Especially playing tennis-related games with the drunk people next to you to pass the time :rolls:

CooCooCachoo
05-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Yes! And fun! :lol: Especially playing tennis-related games with the drunk people next to you to pass the time :rolls:

I missed that :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe Adam can join me and Freya in the queue this year and teach us those games :p

savesthedizzle
05-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I missed that :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe Adam can join me and Freya in the queue this year and teach us those games :p

I'm missing queuing with you and Freya? :sad:

Everyone is going this year :sad:

The games are pretty lame, but what else are you going to do... :shrug:

adee-gee
05-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm missing queuing with you and Freya? :sad:

Everyone is going this year :sad:

The games are pretty lame, but what else are you going to do... :shrug:
I don't think Martijn does overnight queuing, he's a snob :p :angel:

CooCooCachoo
05-24-2008, 03:57 PM

I am a tennis snob in the sense that I don't care for the Nadals and Sharapovas of this world, so I don't want to go to the show courts ;)

adee-gee
05-24-2008, 05:47 PM
I am a tennis snob in the sense that I don't care for the Nadals and Sharapovas of this world, so I don't want to go to the show courts ;)
If something remarkable happens and Chardy reaches #1, will you ditch him as a favourite? :p

CooCooCachoo
05-24-2008, 06:30 PM
If something remarkable happens and Chardy reaches #1, will you ditch him as a favourite? :p

Of course not :ras: It's different :ras:

savesthedizzle
05-24-2008, 09:50 PM

If I overnight queue again, I'm getting a tent dude. :lol: Tent > car :D

But the experience of overnight queuing is the best part :) We did it even before we knew Rafa and Nole would be on centre that day, that just made it even nicer for me and Adam, pluse we got the end of Henman-Moya so I got to see Tim Henman play at Wimbledon, which is an experience as well :)

You should do it <3 If you come in 2009, I will kidnap you and make you stay in the street all night with me :D :dance:

Dude, if I knew Viktor had drawn Federer or Murray or someone surely on Centre, I would camp out for that for SURE :) And since up until this week Viktor has had awful luck with draws, that almost surely would have happened.

That will probably be his Wimbledon draw now, wait and see. :lol:

adee-gee
05-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Of course not :ras: It's different :ras:
I'm not a glory hunter :sad:

Murray I discovered was Scottish so followed him through juniors, when I first went to watch him in the juniors at Wimbledon there was like 15 people there, and he lost to some Chinese dude that I've never heard from again :o Nadal I suppose was always going to be good, but I have been a fan long before he reached the top 10 :armed:
I'm going to politely remind you of this statement when you're knocking on my car window because it's pouring with rain, freezing, windy, and your tent is falling down :cool:

savesthedizzle
05-25-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm going to politely remind you of this statement when you're knocking on my car window because it's pouring with rain, freezing, windy, and your tent is falling down :cool:

Meh, okay. You win, but I will sleep in the front next time even if those stupid footballers freak me out. at night... bobbing at me. :scared:

My tent wouldn't fall down though. I'm good at setting them up :D

CooCooCachoo
05-25-2008, 07:46 AM

But the experience of overnight queuing is the best part :) We did it even before we knew Rafa and Nole would be on centre that day, that just made it even nicer for me and Adam, pluse we got the end of Henman-Moya so I got to see Tim Henman play at Wimbledon, which is an experience as well :)

You should do it <3 If you come in 2009, I will kidnap you and make you stay in the street all night with me :D :dance:

Dude, if I knew Viktor had drawn Federer or Murray or someone surely on Centre, I would camp out for that for SURE :) And since up until this week Viktor has had awful luck with draws, that almost surely would have happened.

That will probably be his Wimbledon draw now, wait and see. :lol:

I definitely want to do the overnight queuing one day, but not this year :angel: I will wait for 2009, if I can come then :D

CooCooCachoo
05-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm not a glory hunter :sad:

Murray I discovered was Scottish so followed him through juniors, when I first went to watch him in the juniors at Wimbledon there was like 15 people there, and he lost to some Chinese dude that I've never heard from again :o Nadal I suppose was always going to be good, but I have been a fan long before he reached the top 10 :armed:

I wasn't saying you are a glory hunter :p But neither am I ;) Jérémy won't be #1, I think, but he can and should reach Top 50 :cool:

savesthedizzle
05-25-2008, 09:58 AM

I definitely want to do the overnight queuing one day, but not this year :angel: I will wait for 2009, if I can come then :D

:rocker2:

gaynor
05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Has anyone ever queued overnight for more than one day??

I'm planning on sleeping on the pavement for most of the first week:eek:

adee-gee
05-27-2008, 06:09 PM

You'll be dead after a couple of days man....do you want show court tickets all the days?

I wouldn't advise it mate :o

gaynor
05-27-2008, 08:17 PM
No, just a ground pass each day. I guess I could just go home if I get completely knackered after a couple of days.

Jimnik
05-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I usually queue overnight a couple times per year but never on two nights consecutively and I certainly wouldn't recommend it. You need at least a day to recover before doing it again.

You can easily get ground passes any day without even getting up too early. I turned up last year at mid-day and had no problems getting a pass without negotiating a queue.

savesthedizzle
05-28-2008, 02:07 AM

You'll be dead after a couple of days man....do you want show court tickets all the days?

I wouldn't advise it mate :o

I agree, you'd pretty much feel like absolute death and probably wouldn't enjoy day 3 on. :tape:

I think we all felt pretty crappy after we overnight queued, I would never have been able to go back and do it again immediately after. We went last year early in the morning on Monday for a grounds pass and then as soon as play was pretty much over for the day got right into the overnight queue. So it was like.. two consecutive days of it...

And really, no energy whatsoever. And I didn't even sleep on the ground, I got to sleep in the amazing comfort of someone's car. :tape: Plus if there are rain delays, that tends to drain a lot of energy out of you too :awww:

adee-gee
05-29-2008, 12:21 PM
I wonder if Martijn will still have a big smile on his face when I see him in a few weeks after today's result :o

CooCooCachoo
05-30-2008, 12:57 AM
I wonder if Martijn will still have a big smile on his face when I see him in a few weeks after today's result :o

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Montcourt never did such a thing :angel:

ae wowww
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Going to try and go this year, I know the basics like it's at Roehampton etc. didn't know if anyone can tell me more? Is there somewhere inside to get food and stuff or what? Anyone else going also?

PinkFeatherBoa
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi,

Yes there is food and drink inside the grounds, the club has a self-service cafe/restaurant and I saw a drink stand nearby but of course like at Wimbledon itself, it's best to bring own food/drink because of the high prices. But if you don't mind paying the big prices, it is available. :)

What else do you need to know? :p That would be easier...

I'll probably go this year again for a couple of days, depending on when I'm at Nottingham.

ae wowww
06-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi,

Yes there is food and drink inside the grounds, the club has a self-service cafe/restaurant and I saw a drink stand nearby but of course like at Wimbledon itself, it's best to bring own food/drink because of the high prices. But if you don't mind paying the big prices, it is available. :)

What else do you need to know? :p That would be easier...

I'll probably go this year again for a couple of days, depending on when I'm at Nottingham.

Ah ok, thanks. I don't know really, it's just because Jim said he may need to play quallies with Harel. Will probably see you then, just any general tips I guess! Any parking near or on-site?

sashatennis
06-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Dobar Dan :)

Are you needing accommodation for the tennis?, what is your budget?.

I have luxury room near the tennis, en-suite, all mod cons etc etc

£60 a night or £350 for the week

Sasa

ileana
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
You can easily get ground passes any day without even getting up too early. I turned up last year at mid-day and had no problems getting a pass without negotiating a queue.
That's a relief :) I have problems getting up early and I also have to travel for 1 1/2 hours, I think, to get to Wimbledon.
Thanks everyone for the information provided on this thread. It's good to know that the qualies will be held in Roehampton :) if I hadn't read here, I would have gone to Wimbledon on 21 and 22 :o it's my first Wimbledon :o
Could someone tell me if there are seating places at Roehampton? I read smth about chairs :rolleyes: And which is the nearest tube or rail station? thx a lot :)

Fee
06-15-2008, 06:45 PM
There are a few chairs scattered around at Roehampton, but people either bring their own portable foldy things or claim one early on and carry it from court to court (and I giggle when they would hold them over their heads, looked like an advancing army of sorts).

Use the London Transport planner to find your easiest way to get there, I used buses as there really wasn't a tube station nearby. It was very easy, the busses all stop at the top of the road that leads to Roehampton (so yes you will have to do some walking, and it really seems like an uphill trek at the end of a long day, worse if it's raining).

Nathaliia
06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm gonna be there :D Does it start tomorrow? I guess yeah so taking a trip tomorrow.

Jimnik
06-16-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm coming Wednesday and Thursday. Hope to see some of you guys there. :wavey:

savesthedizzle
06-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Could someone tell me if there are seating places at Roehampton? I read smth about chairs :rolleyes: And which is the nearest tube or rail station? thx a lot :)

There are a few chairs scattered around at Roehampton, but people either bring their own portable foldy things or claim one early on and carry it from court to court (and I giggle when they would hold them over their heads, looked like an advancing army of sorts).

Or, if you don't want to carry around a chair with you on public transport, if it hasn't been pouring rain you could probably just bring a small towel or something to sit on and sit on the grass, or just directly on the grass if you don't mind. Near a few of the first courts you see when you enter, it's a pretty steep sloped hill and you can just sit/lounge on the ground and watch too, which is what I did last year. :)

MLB Baseball
06-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Anyknow know which is the Players Hotel?

Thanks

gaynor
06-16-2008, 09:24 AM
I've never been to Roehampton, but hopefully I'll be there tomorrow. Would you recommend I brought a chair with me, or are the ones already there easy to move from court to court?

adee-gee
06-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm coming Wednesday and Thursday. Hope to see some of you guys there. :wavey:
My only day off is Wednesday, so I'll probably come then although the forecast looks crap :mad:
I've never been to Roehampton, but hopefully I'll be there tomorrow. Would you recommend I brought a chair with me, or are the ones already there easy to move from court to court?
There's a few, I usually end up standing most of the day though.

Sir_Lance
06-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I am tempted to make a trip to watch the Qualifying action tomorrow.

Am I correct in believing the qualifying is actually held at Roehampton where the National training centre is?

Does anyone have any details regarding cost etc, think I saw the junior tournament there once and it was just a case of wondering in.

Winnipeg
06-16-2008, 03:36 PM
its at roehampton
and qualifying is FREE !!!!

Sir_Lance
06-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Cool, thought that was the case. Cheers.

Nathaliia
06-16-2008, 04:50 PM

Thanks
great first post :worship:

anyway i didn't get there today since im at portobello atm... having a coffee :D

but tmrw im there for sure cheers

Fee
06-16-2008, 05:20 PM

Thanks

There is no players hotel for Wimbledon. They are paid per diem and they all make their own arrangement, usually within the driving radius given to them by the transportation services. They could be anywhere within 10 miles of Roehampton or 10 miles of Wimbledon (or whatever the distance is).

adee-gee
06-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Crap, didn't realise it would be all women tomorrow :o

Bah I'll still go, it's my only day off work this week.

gaz
06-18-2008, 12:58 AM
i will be at wimbo for quite a bit

Drikke
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Can someone tell at which tube station I have to leave the underground ? Wimbledon park or Southfields I renember that I was wrong last year, but I don't know which i took :p

gaynor
06-18-2008, 10:05 AM
I think Southfields is quicker, at least that's the station I always use.

Drikke
06-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I think Southfields is quicker, at least that's the station I always use.

Then you've to walk a bit, and enter the park on your left ? That's how I did it last year is that southfields ? :)
Thanks

Fee
06-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes, you get off at Southfields (and they make thousands of announcements telling you to do just that), and then follow the crowd across the intersection and down the road to the entry points (to the right if you already have a ticket, to the left if you need to queue).

gaynor
06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
But walking down from Southfields will mean Wimbledon is on your right.

safin-rules-no.1
06-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes, you get off at Southfields (and they make thousands of announcements telling you to do just that), and then follow the crowd across the intersection and down the road to the entry points (to the right if you already have a ticket, to the left if you need to queue).

I thought there was only one queue this year for both ticket and non-ticket holders? :confused:

Nathaliia
06-19-2008, 07:39 PM
who was beeping and waving to me in that turqouise (sp?) car at roehampton? :lol:

anyway i was leavin a bit before the end just after przysiezny lost and he was so properly pissed...

Jimnik
06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm going to try to go on Saturday and Sunday but I think officially it's not open.

Smidster
06-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi all,

I will be going down on Monday and Tuesday. On the Tuesday I will be heading from the grounds back home, Coventry, so will have luggage with me.

I see there is mention of 'Left Luggage' facilities on the website. Does anyone have any experience with it in terms of things like cost and availability. Also does it stretch to suitcases?
This is for someone getting a ground pass.

Many thanks

*Ljubica*
06-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi all,

I will be going down on Monday and Tuesday. On the Tuesday I will be heading from the grounds back home, Coventry, so will have luggage with me.

I see there is mention of 'Left Luggage' facilities on the website. Does anyone have any experience with it in terms of things like cost and availability. Also does it stretch to suitcases?
This is for someone getting a ground pass.

Many thanks

Not sure about cost, but they tend to search everything VERY thoroughly for security purposes at Wimbledon, so if you can leave your suitcase anywhere else, (like left luggage at the station you will leave from in the evening), it would be better for you. I think the Wimbledon left luggage facility is big enough for suitcases, but it's quite a long walk from Southfields if you're carrying a heavy suitcase, so I wouldn't recomend it.I'm assuming you'll go back to Coventry from either Paddington or Euston :shrug:so probably best to leave it there, or at wherever you were staying and picking it up afterwards. Enjoy anyway.

CooCooCachoo
06-22-2008, 09:32 AM
question : the stadium is opened sunday or not ?

We tried on Friday, but didn't get very far :tape: Last year I got in on Saturday, though. I guess it depends on how strict the security is at the moment you try. This year it was too strict, unfortunately.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey people,
I might have a single ticket available at face value for Wed Court 1 and Fri Centre this week since the LTA ballot/my club ballot think people only come in pairs :rolleyes: (they make you have the pair or nothing!). So if anyone fancies going to any matches on those days/courts I guess PM me nearer the time (so I can be sure they're still available) and I'll see what we can arrange. The downside is you'll have to sit next to me unfortunately :p but it you can tolerate my cheering that should be ok (and I will probably mostly be at outside courts anyway).tickets now Gone

Hope everyone has a fun Wimbledon (whether going or not), I'm personally not looking forward to the queueing (they're bound to be longer with positive weather forecasts) but hopefully it'll be worth it.
Hope to see some of you there, I'll be the one yelling "allez" at almost all French guys (+ Stan's) matches, if anyone fancies saying hi.

Taz Warrior
06-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Going down tomorrow and getting a ground pass...the OOP for the outside courts for tomorrow looks quite good :D

DavidW
06-23-2008, 07:21 AM
This will be my first year going and doing overnight queuing. I was just wondering what time do people normally get there the night before? I know time can vary, but generally speaking what time is best to get among the first 500 for a Center Court ticket?

Thanks.

06-24-2008, 08:31 AM
I am hoping to go on Saturday, and I'll either queue overnight or try to get some returned centre court tickets beforehand. It's my first time and I'm very excited! I would be a bit upset if I got centre court tickets and Nadal was playing that day but on court 1. I think this is very unlikely but would they perhaps not put him on centre court? also is it already known which half of the draw will play on Saturday? (assuming no rain) is it likely I'll get to watch nadal play? I'd go anyways to see the outside courts etc, but as a Spanish fan seeing Nadal would definetely be a high point!

lukela85
06-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm going on Monday after work so will be hoping to get in as near to 5pm as possible. Does anyone know how long the queue for an evening ticket is?

tiptop
06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi!

I had the flu this past week and couldn't go.For those who have been there: What time would you recommend to turn up for a groundpass. Since Murray is playing I guess I have to turn up quite early. Is 6 am early enough?

Thanks in advance. :)

PinkFeatherBoa
06-29-2008, 06:06 PM
lukela85, as an example for how long you might expect to queue for an evening ticket, yesterday I joined the queue at 4pm and got in just after 6pm, so I would recommend coming at about 3pm or just before to get in for 5pm.

tiptop, yes I think 6am should be fine to be assured of getting a ground pass tomorrow. I've turned up as late as 8am during last week and still got in just after gates opened (10.30am) but of course 2nd Monday is always quite busy as they're a lot of great matches, so yeah I would come before 7am to be safe.

Enjoy the tournament!

tiptop
06-29-2008, 06:28 PM
tiptop, yes I think 6am should be fine to be assured of getting a ground pass tomorrow. I've turned up as late as 8am during last week and still got in just after gates opened (10.30am) but of course 2nd Monday is always quite busy as they're a lot of great matches, so yeah I would come before 7am to be safe.

Enjoy the tournament!

Thank you. :)