Let's Get Together!! CHAT THREAD!! [Archive] - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

Let's Get Together!! CHAT THREAD!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

Truc
02-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh, I know that, I'm not always an :angel: myself in real life, I was actually making fun of my stereotyped way of thinking in that case.

adee-gee
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Oh, I know that, I'm not always an :angel: myself in real life
I refuse to believe that :p

Truc
02-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Do you remember that interview of Safin, when he was talking about the fact that you show your real character on a tennis court (he said something like "I just need to have one look at a person on a tennis court and I can tell you what he is like")?
That so made me laugh because I'm like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when I am on a tennis court. I'm a Danni Köllerer, I'm getting mad, I swear all the time, I also cheat sometimes... :lol:

adee-gee
02-09-2006, 02:10 PM
:rolls: now I know why you like Guille ;)

Truc
02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I put an end to my brilliant tennis career some time ago, I guess I would be much calmer now. But I was bad, really, really bad! And if Safin is right and that's my real nature, that's scary! :scared: :lol:
I'm not like that at all outside of a tennis court, I'm very shy. :angel:

adee-gee
02-09-2006, 02:26 PM
I've put an end to my tennis career too. Only out of sheer lazyness, I haven't played for months. I used to be pretty good, county level but when I realised I wasn't good enough to go pro I got disheartened. My old coach is currently playing Challengers :lol: and he's failing miserably. I used to be able to give him a decent game, he'd usually win 6-3 or 6-4 if we played a set.

napki
02-13-2006, 04:43 AM
My old coach is currently playing Challengers :lol: and he's failing miserably. Please tell me it's not that guy. :lol: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=50515 http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/rfnz/board/get%20out/tomato.gif

adee-gee
02-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Please tell me it's not that guy. :lol: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=50515 http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/springa/board/smilies/tomato.gif
:rolls: no, it's this guy :p

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playersearch=Bamford,+Neil

star
02-14-2006, 01:19 PM
i got bad repped for being reasonable about justine at the aussie open, while being fairly supportive of her despite my critique.

so i get a bad rep stating, 'a fan of coria shouldnt talk'

to which i responded with 'at least coria FINISHES his grand slam final losses.'

:D

i hate the repping system, by the way, because i dont troll up and down the boards looking for people to rep, one way or the other, and so whenever i want to rep someone, it prevents me, saying i need to spread more love around first. but actually, i DONT...what i need is for them to just let me rep someone if i want to. its so irritating.

I know this is late, but :haha: :haha: :haha:

I love this post all around.

star
02-14-2006, 01:22 PM
I´m fine. Nothing new... I have to study......, again :tape:
And I´ve been living in Buenos Aires for 9 years, but I´m from Neuquén (a province in the North of the Argentine Patagonia) and I plan to move there again in a couple of years. ;)

Patagonia :hearts: I've always wanted to travel there. :)

lau
02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Patagonia :hearts: I've always wanted to travel there. :)
I know you don´t lurk in GG´s forum :p , but I posted yesterday some pics I took of my last holydays. :) I´m not from there, I´m from Neuquén Capital (a city with a 250,000/300,000 population) , but that´s a place I love :hearts:

http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3066594&postcount=370

Of course the Patagonia have a lot of different landscapes and places to visit. It´s not all like this. :)

star
02-14-2006, 01:41 PM
That was wonderful!!

Thank you so much.

I love uninhabited places with wide open skies. That's why I moved to the high desert in the U.S. :)

What is the name of the trees? They are very unusual. Are they part of the conifer family?

I also loved that picture of the horses. And those rolling graslands with hardly any trees! :hearts: and the rocky outcrops.. Looks like granite or basalt... not sure... sort of fractured more like basalt. It's absolutely lovely. Too bad it's kind of cold there. :lol: But maybe I could go in January. :)

lau
02-14-2006, 02:04 PM
That was wonderful!!

Thank you so much.

I love uninhabited places with wide open skies. That's why I moved to the high desert in the U.S. :)

What is the name of the trees? They are very unusual. Are they part of the conifer family?

I also loved that picture of the horses. And those rolling graslands with hardly any trees! :hearts: and the rocky outcrops.. Looks like granite or basalt... not sure... sort of fractured more like basalt. It's absolutely lovely. Too bad it's kind of cold there. :lol: But maybe I could go in January. :)
I like that kind of landscapes too :yeah:
The names are called "araucaria" or "pehuén" in the Patagonia (Argentine and Chilean) there are the only forests that exist of them. Some of them have thousands of years, they grow very slow and the survived from the dinosaurs age :D They are a symbol of Neuquén and it is in the provincial shield ;)
http://www.sup-trib-delsur.gov.ar/sup-trib-delsur/nqesc.gif
And yes, they are from the conifer family.

The horses are in a Mapuche (original inhabitants of Neuquén) community. It´s a huge portion of land they own and their animals are "free" there, but you can ride those horses, they are not wild ones.
And those are basaltic rocks ;) Of volvanic origin. The volcano is right there... :lol: That´s why you can have incredible thermal baths and there´s a big thermal spa in Copahue :yeah:
And, unless you are an expert skier ( the skying "tracks" are not totally ready and you have to sky in the easier ones), you can go there in winter too and if you have a minimum aerobic training you can do some cross-country skiing between the araucarias :hearts: In sunny days is lovely and is like doing some jogging, but you totally forget you are "excersicing" cause the view is incredible :yeah:

star
02-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Nice! Thanks for all the information. :)

I try to stay far away from snow. Most of the snow here is in our mountains and not in the valey. I like looking at snow from about 30 miles away. :) :)

I'm quite fond of volcanos though. Our mountains are lacolithic mountains... an intrusion of magma but not extruded as with volcanic mountains.

I would love to see those trees. They are magnificent. Also big dinosaur digs in Patagonia, right?

I'll try to find a link to pictures of where I live --- although it's not as exotic as Patagonia. :)

Truc
02-14-2006, 02:28 PM
I already knew the pics since I'm lurking in the GG forum, as everybody knows! They are incredible, lau. :yeah:

You were right, btw, I'm a "girl" - in fact a 36-year-old woman (sometimes acting like a 16-year-old girl on MTF, I know)! It's very funny you first thought I was a guy! Is it because of the name "Truc" (it's a male name indeed) or because of my posts?

star
I don't know how to post a link to a single post, but if you scroll down till you see my avatar, you can see where I live. :) It's post no. 33

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=22780&page=1

lau
Nice! Thanks for all the information. :)

I try to stay far away from snow. Most of the snow here is in our mountains and not in the valey. I like looking at snow from about 30 miles away. :) :)

I'm quite fond of volcanos though. Our mountains are lacolithic mountains... an intrusion of magma but not extruded as with volcanic mountains.

I would love to see those trees. They are magnificent. Also big dinosaur digs in Patagonia, right?

I'll try to find a link to pictures of where I live --- although it's not as exotic as Patagonia. :)
Would love to see some pics of where you live!!! :D :yeah:

And yes, the Patagonia has got a lot of dinosaurs fossils. :) I even was walking with some friends close to the place where one of biggest dinosaurs was discovered and found some fossils. Of course, I told to the people of the Comahue University that were working a couple of kilometers from there :angel:

star
02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
I already knew the pics since I'm lurking in the GG forum, as everybody knows! They are incredible, lau. :yeah:

You were right, btw, I'm a "girl" - in fact a 36-year-old woman (sometimes acting like a 16-year-old girl on MTF, I know)! It's very funny you first thought I was a guy! Is it because of the name "Truc" (it's a male name indeed) or because of my posts?

I thought you were a guy too at first. I think it was the name and the sort of very clean unemotional logic in your posts. :)

star
02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Would love to see some pics of where you live!!! :D :yeah:

And yes, the Patagonia has got a lot of dinosaurs fossils. :) I even was walking with some friends close to the place where one of biggest dinosaurs was discovered and found some fossils. Of course, I told to the people of the Comahue University that were working a couple of kilometers from there :angel:

Also dinosaurs where I live because many of the deposits are of the Jurassic and Cretatous eras. :) :)

lau
02-14-2006, 02:38 PM

I thought you were a guy too at first. I think it was the name and the sort of very clean unemotional logic in your posts. :)
:lol: I thought she was a man because of the screen name, but then I thought it was a girl (or woman if you prefer :p ) because she was very calmed and kind and "logic".
Not a lot of men can be like that when their faves are bashed :p

Also dinosaurs where I live because many of the deposits are of the Jurassic and Cretatous eras. :) :)

And, star, the place you live is :hearts: !!!!! I love those landscapes!!! :yeah:
And the place I´m from, Neuquén Capìtal, is surrounded of what can be described as a "desert" ;) although Neuquén is in a very fertile valley where some of the best apples in the world come from :p

star
02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I thought it was a girl (or woman if you prefer :p ) because she was very calmed and kind and "logic".
Not a lot of men can be like that when their faves are bashed :p

Excellent point! :lol:

lau
02-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh!, BTW, just to let you know... I edit a lot my posts :lol: I change my mind when I write because it´s not so easy expressing myself in English. ;)

Truc
02-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I know that problem, lau. I edit all my posts too. :o

That's funny, I always thought it's the opposite with the male/female fans, men don't care about the "bashers" and women have much more emotional reactions.

I'm going to the Monte Carlo tournament, we just decided that with my friend! :cool: In fact, we'll spend a few days in other cities like Nizza, not in Monte Carlo, but we'll go to the tournament 1 or 2 times too.

lau
02-14-2006, 03:42 PM
I know that problem, lau. I edit all my posts too. :o

That's funny, I always thought it's the opposite with the male/female fans, men don't care about the "bashers" and women have much more emotional reactions.

I'm going to the Monte Carlo tournament, we just decided that with my friend! :cool: In fact, we'll spend a few days in other cities like Nizza, not in Monte Carlo, but we'll go to the tournament 1 or 2 times too.
Men usually insult and can be more offensive, you are far from that ;)
Women, generally (not all of them) can have more emotional reactions, but they don´t usually try to hurt or be offensive on purpose, even when they might be. At least that´s my opinion about the MTF posters :p

And take a lot of pictures!!!! :) And do it everywhere :lol: Not only in the tournament :D
I´m sure you´ll have a lot of fun! :D

I have to go now :wavey: Have a nice day everybody!! :)

daze11
02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't know how to post a link to a single post, but if you scroll down till you see my avatar, you can see where I live. :) It's post no. 33

well that only looks like heaven on earth, no big deal! ;) do you just feel free every day like the spirit of the great eagle, or what?! :D that kind of nature is amazing.

i live in ugly nyc. :bigcry:
http://english.people.com.cn/200512/21/images/newyork.jpg

psichogaucho
02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
eh, lau, I lived six years in Bariloche!
I was several times in Neuquén :)

lau
02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
eh, lau, I lived six years in Bariloche!
I was several times in Neuquén :)
:woohoo: another patagónico ;)

well that only looks like heaven on earth, no big deal! ;) do you just feel free every day like the spirit of the great eagle, or what?! :D that kind of nature is amazing.

i live in ugly nyc. :bigcry:
One of the 3 cities I would like to visit in USA is NY (the others are San Francisco and New Orleans...., before the hurricane...) :hearts:

psichogaucho
02-14-2006, 06:36 PM
something like, yeah, my sis and her childs still live in Bariloche, so I go there from time to time :)

daze11
02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
:woohoo: another patagónico ;)

One of the 3 cities I would like to visit in USA is NY (the others are San Francisco and New Orleans...., before the hurricane...) :hearts:
NY is by far the best of those cities...but we are starved for awe-inspiring natural beauty, thats for sure. its the people that makes NY special.

star
02-15-2006, 02:18 AM
I like San Francisco a lot. Really good food there and it's a good city for walking. :)

I've never been fond of New Orleans -- The smell of stale beer and urine. Not my favorite. :)

Chicago is a surprisingly nice city to visit.

But really, the U.S. isn't so great for visiting cities as is Europe. Much nicer is to see the wide open spaces and national parks.

A friend from France visited last year and rated her trip of the southwest as her third favorite trip. 1st was Chile, then British Columbia mountains in Canada, and then here. :) I think she likes the snow too much. ;) And maybe she wouldn't like it here in the summer when it is normally 40+ :)

Truc
02-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Men usually insult and can be more offensive, you are far from that ;)
Women, generally (not all of them) can have more emotional reactions, but they don´t usually try to hurt or be offensive on purpose, even when they might be. At least that´s my opinion about the MTF posters :pOK, now I know how you meant it and I agree with you, that's why I thought Peoples was a guy!

Since we are talking about this: I must admit I'm not completely sure for napki! napki, if you read this post! :wavey: :lol: I first thought you were a guy, now I'd say you're a girl (because of the warm tone of your posts) and the name "Kay" doesn't help me, unfortunately, I have no clue if it's a male or a female name...

Truc
02-15-2006, 08:40 AM
I just had a look at the pics, star, they are indeed stunning. But do you live "in the middle of nothing"? Or in a city in that area?

I always thought the last pic was a painting when you had it as an avatar, it looked so unreal!
(I mean this pic, it looked a little bit different in small: )
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33669

Truc
02-15-2006, 08:42 AM
To post the link to a single post, you just have to click on the number right above the post (#32 or #3283 for this post) and copy the URL, btw. For your post, it would be: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1039620&postcount=32
But it's nice you linked the whole thread, I had a look at the other pics too.

star
02-15-2006, 12:57 PM
I live in a town. I think one of the picutres in that post was a picture of a downtown street. And there was one picture from up on high looking down into the valley where I live. It's a very small town ... Maybe about 6 or 7 thousand. There are only 8 thousand people in the whole county. Most of the land around is public land that is eiher national parks or public lands that are leased out for grazing where suitable, or are just there.... with nothing on them because... you know... it's desert. Those pictures I posted are spectacular... I mean much of the area is spectacular. I live in a valey that has steep cliffs on the two long sides of the valley. The cliffs are about 1,000 feet high on one side and maybe about 6 or 700 on the other side... but not as steep on that side. Then in the background on that side there are the mountains you see in that picture. I can see them -- but a different view from my window right now with the sun rising behind them. One of the major rivers of the Western U.S. runs across the valley just to the north of the town.

star
02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Here is the golf course. Grass like this is not natural. :lol: :lol:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/travel/tg/lp/7c/500x500_7c9cc4d00c51e75bf56656eb5e3ca44f.jpg

daze11
02-15-2006, 02:25 PM
OK, now I know how you meant it and I agree with you, that's why I thought Peoples was a guy!
i think peoples IS a guy...but a guy 4 guys, if you know what i mean. ;) but i am not sure...if thats a woman, i would run across the street if i saw 'it' coming.

daze11
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
I live in a town. I think one of the picutres in that post was a picture of a downtown street. And there was one picture from up on high looking down into the valley where I live. It's a very small town ... Maybe about 6 or 7 thousand. There are only 8 thousand people in the whole county. Most of the land around is public land that is eiher national parks or public lands that are leased out for grazing where suitable, or are just there.... with nothing on them because... you know... it's desert. Those pictures I posted are spectacular... I mean much of the area is spectacular. I live in a valey that has steep cliffs on the two long sides of the valley. The cliffs are about 1,000 feet high on one side and maybe about 6 or 700 on the other side... but not as steep on that side. Then in the background on that side there are the mountains you see in that picture. I can see them -- but a different view from my window right now with the sun rising behind them. One of the major rivers of the Western U.S. runs across the valley just to the north of the town.you dont seem like someone who grew up in that, however.... have you had to adjust to such a small town environment, and do you find people on the same page as you easily???

adee-gee
02-15-2006, 02:57 PM
People I'm taking a break for a month or two from MTF to concentrate on my studies (yes I know that's a major shock) :p

So I hope you all have fun in the next couple of months, and I'll talk to you all soon.

:wavey: :hug:

daze11
02-15-2006, 03:01 PM
People I'm taking a break for a month or two from MTF to concentrate on my studies (yes I know that's a major shock) :p

So I hope you all have fun in the next couple of months, and I'll talk to you all soon.

:bigcry: it wont be the same without our adam and my carla....but we will persevere!!! :) :hug:

napki
02-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Star, the place where you live is amazing, and Lau, i'm speechless. I always lived in the flat areas and that place just seems unreal. :hearts:

When we moved to a new place (Israel) there was a small mountain nearby and i was amazed by it since i never saw anything but small hill patches with a dense forest around it. I even started walking to school instead of taking the bus! (ok, not everytime but i did walk more than i had to)

That's the mountain: pic1 (http://www.israelweather.co.il/files/24952286.JPG) pic2 (http://www.israelweather.co.il/files/Day9_12_03.JPG), and it's less than 3000 meters high! If we were lucky (or unlucky, depending on interpretation cos it meant it was cold) we had a few months of snow up on the top. And if we were really lucky (or again, really unlucky) we had about 2 months to go and ski there!!! I went there once with my friends, nobody knew how to ski downhill of course but we still had a lot of fun just getting in the snow and being "in the mountains (http://www.israelweather.co.il/files/25430883.jpg)." :lol:
Another one: http://www.myk-8.co.il/vf/ib_items/7218/007218_106283397.jpg

That's one of my favorite spots- i could just walk there (40 minutes), it wasn't too high and i loved the view. :inlove: http://www.nuriel.co.il/images/guest-pic/1.JPG

star
02-15-2006, 04:03 PM
you dont seem like someone who grew up in that, however.... have you had to adjust to such a small town environment, and do you find people on the same page as you easily???

I grew up in a very small town, population 123 if you counted everyone in the whole square mile, but I've lived in big cities too -- Hamburg for a couple of years, Washington D.C. for a brief time, and Houston for a long time. Oh yeah. And I went to school too. :)

This is a tourist town, so there's a lot more here than you'd normally find in a town this size. It's also a kind of "liberal" spot in Utah, so there are a lot of people who think the way I do politically. Lots of anger here against the Iraq invasion. And now with the internet, it's very easy to stay conncected to the rest of the world. :)

The only thing missing really is lots of shops, but I don't like to shop. I do it when I have to only. :)

star
02-15-2006, 04:04 PM

Good luck in your studies! :)

The internet is such a distraction. I'm glad I didn't have it when I was going to school.

napki
02-15-2006, 04:10 PM

:wavey: :hug: You, study? :speakles: :hug: Make it worthwhile then! And good luck http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/rfnz/board/smilies/fez.gif

You can still pop in once in a while. ;)

napki
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Since we are talking about this: I must admit I'm not completely sure for napki! napki, if you read this post! :wavey: :lol: I first thought you were a guy, now I'd say you're a girl (because of the warm tone of your posts) and the name "Kay" doesn't help me, unfortunately, I have no clue if it's a male or a female name...
:haha: You figured me out Truc! :lol:
I don't know why i was sure you were female, i don't know much about french names so i couldn't say anything definite about yours. Maybe i read it somewhere? :confused:
But then there were a few posts in GM where while being all logical and everything you didn't sounded as "he" at all. :p

BTW, my name is the story of its own, lol. I changed it several times, not because i wanted to (at least not in the beginning :lol: ) but because no one could pronounce it as it should be pronounced in foreign language. :p So instead of sticking to the deformed one i adopted the translation. Then i got tired of it and when i moved again i picked up a new one but after a few years i got bored with it too. :rolleyes:
Kay is actually the 5th, :eek: and i chose it only because i was tired of thinking of the new ones and it was the first letter of my real name (the one in the birth certificate :lol: ). :wavey:

Truc
02-15-2006, 06:37 PM

:wavey: :hug:We will miss you, but it's a great decision, have fun in your Internet free time! (or is it just a MTF free time?)
Like star, I'm so happy there was no Internet when I was younger and I didn't spend all my time in front of a computer.
We'll keep the Carla thread alive for you if we have new pics!

Truc
02-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I don't know why i was sure you were female, i don't know much about french names so i couldn't say anything definite about yours. Maybe i read it somewhere? :confused: Thanks for your answer, so the only remaining enigma is Peoples! :lol:
You're right, "Françoise" is a female name in French (Françoise Sagan, Françoise Hardy, Françoise Durr, etc.)

There are a lot of mountains in this thread!
I'm living in Germany now (in Berlin), but this where I'm from (Audierne):
http://www.audierne.fr/Ad08.03.jpg

lau
02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
:inlove:

Truc
02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes, it looks nice when the sky is blue, but it's not always like that! :lol:
We have "Wimbledon weather" in that part of France.

star
02-15-2006, 07:20 PM
I looked it up! It's right on the Atlantic Ocean. And the town shield has lobsters on it! :hearts:

Some people who visited said along the coast there were lovely clean beaches. :)

star
02-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Star, the place where you live is amazing, and Lau, i'm speechless. I always lived in the flat areas and that place just seems unreal. :hearts:

When we moved to a new place (Israel) there was a small mountain nearby and i was amazed by it since i never saw anything but small hill patches with a dense forest around it. I even started walking to school instead of taking the bus! (ok, not everytime but i did walk more than i had to)

That's the mountain: pic1 (http://www.israelweather.co.il/files/24952286.JPG) pic2 (http://www.israelweather.co.il/files/Day9_12_03.JPG), and it's less than 3000 meters high! If we were lucky (or unlucky, depending on interpretation cos it meant it was cold) we had a few months of snow up on the top. And of we were really lucky (or again, really unlucky) we had about 2 months to go and ski there!!! I went there once with my friends, nobody knew how to ski downhill of course but we still had a lot of fun just getting in the snow and being "in the mountains (http://www.israelweather.co.il/files/25430883.jpg)." :lol:
Another one: http://www.myk-8.co.il/vf/ib_items/7218/007218_106283397.jpg

That's one of my favorite spots- i could just walk there (40 minutes), it wasn't too high and i loved the view. :inlove: http://www.nuriel.co.il/images/guest-pic/1.JPG

I love that view -- esp with the poppies! :) :) Where in Israel is that. I feel so stupid. I never realized Israel had mountains so high.

lau
02-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Yes, it looks nice when the sky is blue, but it's not always like that! :lol:
We have "Wimbledon weather" in that part of France.
But, it´s by the sea, right?
And you can sail there!!! :D
Looks incredible, no matter what the weather is :yeah:

napki
02-15-2006, 08:26 PM
I love that view -- esp with the poppies! :) :) Where in Israel is that. I never realized Israel had mountains so high. That's the only mountain that there is, and it's on the northern border with Syria and Lebanon. It took us more than 2 and a half hours to get from Kiryat Shmona (the city in the poppies pic) to the place where you can ski, and there's nothing on the mountain itself but a few druse villages and some military bases so it's prety far from the 'civilization'. I worked as a waitress in a restaurant that's located on that road and we didn't have many people come in because it's too far away, even though the views are gorgeous.

Besides mount Hermon, there is a mountain range going nearby Jerusalem, that's why sometimes you can see pics of the city in snow. :) It happens once in 3 or 4 years and doesn't last more than a few days. The range itself is much lower in height and the climate there is different, in some parts it becomes a desert (north (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/he/2/2a/JerusalemMountainsB.jpg), south (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/he/0/05/Hareyehuda.jpg))

napki
02-15-2006, 08:47 PM
It looks beautiful. :) It looks somewhat like Gloucester, but it's cleaner :unsure: and more cozy. Or maybe it's just sunnier :D

Truc
02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
The pic is pretty flattering, but it is a lovely place, yes. Nothing amazing, people don't travel from the other end of the world to visit it, but it's very nice.
It's the Atlantic Ocean, at the Western end of Brittany.
But sailing is one of the few things I don't miss at all, lau! I always found it pretty boring (or I'm scared when it's very windy!)

Do you live in Gloucester Bay now, napki? I looked it up, it looks nice in the pics!

napki
02-16-2006, 01:58 PM
No, i live an hour from the coastline but i've been to Gloucester several times. It's a nice place, a lot of fishing boats everywhere and restaurants that serve fresh lobsters and plenty of other fish caught the same day. :) In short it's a fishing town, with some very nice historical sites.

I still wouldn't want to live there. :p I need to get away from those small towns i lived for the last 5 years to where interesting stuff happens, say NYC ;)

daze11
02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
BTW, my name is the story of its own, lol. I changed it several times, not because i wanted to (at least not in the beginning :lol: ) but because no one could pronounce it as it should be pronounced in foreign language. :p So instead of sticking to the deformed one i adopted the translation. Then i got tired of it and when i moved again i picked up a new one but after a few years i got bored with it too. :rolleyes:
Kay is actually the 5th, :eek: and i chose it only because i was tired of thinking of the new ones and it was the first letter of my real name (the one in the birth certificate :lol: ). :wavey:
once you start with changing names, it can be a can of worms...but fun too. there was an artist named viktor IV...aptly named (self-named) because it was his FOURTH name! he was karl gluck by birth and as he traveled around the world became jack sun, then stayed in amsterdam and lived on a ship and became bulger finn (sometimes bulger time) and then finally the name he is famous for is VIKTOR IV (pronounced 'four'). I love that one!! :D

napki
02-19-2006, 05:32 AM
once you start with changing names, it can be a can of worms...but fun too. there was an artist named viktor IV...aptly named (self-named) because it was his FOURTH name! he was karl gluck by birth and as he traveled around the world became jack sun, then stayed in amsterdam and lived on a ship and became bulger finn (sometimes bulger time) and then finally the name he is famous for is VIKTOR IV (pronounced 'four'). I love that one!! :D
I didn't go that far! :lol: I only changed my first name, the last name is the one i was born with. as yet. :p

psichogaucho
02-21-2006, 02:59 PM
finally, after years and years of watch and talk about tennis, I decided to play tennis. I bought a racquet today, and only need a coach, and try to reach the Legends Tour :lol:
my only fear is discover, at 36 years old, that I have a huge talent, and that I wasted it :haha:
so, probably you'd never read anymore a single complain about Gulle's serve, or kinds like that :)

lau
02-23-2006, 02:47 PM
finally, after years and years of watch and talk about tennis, I decided to play tennis. I bought a racquet today, and only need a coach, and try to reach the Legends Tour :lol:
my only fear is discover, at 36 years old, that I have a huge talent, and that I wasted it :haha:
so, probably you'd never read anymore a single complain about Gulle's serve, or kinds like that :)
Good luck with that!! :yeah:

coriafans
02-27-2006, 08:52 AM
:D Hello everybody!!!
i am the new member of this forum and actually i have always been a great fan of Coria since i watched his match three years ago...
i hope that all of u would welcome me and i would log in to provide more information about our hero

Pam.... Coriafan :wavey:

fabolous
02-27-2006, 11:42 AM
hello pam :wavey: new members are always welcome! are you from thailand?

coriafans
02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
:worship: Yes, i come from Thailand..
When is Coria going to play again??
I hadn't heard of any news since australian open...
Anybody went to Thailand before?????
it's a great place

Truc
02-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi, Pam, and welcome around here! I'm a HUGE Asia fan, I've been in Thailand a few times already.

Guille played in Buenos Aires 2 weeks ago, but you didn't miss much. :tape:
Now he's playing in Acapulco, we have a tournament thread here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=70783
He will play his first match tomorrow against Di Mauro.

Truc
02-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I just opened a thread with his schedule for 2006, so that you can see which tournaments he's supposed to play in the next few months and which ones he's already played.
But as you probably know, he's having a lot of problems at the moment and I don't know if he will play a full schedule. We must be patient. ;)

Edit: Neely just told me that a lot of people don't like this kind of "Schedule"-stickies in the other player forums. So if you don't want it, just tell me and she will change it again, no big deal!

star
02-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Dont' worry about it. Maybe it is different in other fourms where they have a dozen "sticky" threads. Having too many gets kind of annoying, but we haven't gotten there yet. :) :)

star
02-27-2006, 02:06 PM
:D Hello everybody!!!
i am the new member of this forum and actually i have always been a great fan of Coria since i watched his match three years ago...
i hope that all of u would welcome me and i would log in to provide more information about our hero

Pam.... Coriafan :wavey:

:wavey: :hug: Good to have you here!

psichogaucho
02-27-2006, 02:45 PM
:woohoo:
I'm going to see U2!!

Truc
02-27-2006, 03:13 PM
And how is your tennis career going, psicho?
Were your fears justified? Did Argentine miss another potential great talent?

psichogaucho
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
haha, I didn't started yet, next week I'll get my first lesson...
watch out ATP, here I go... :lol:
I don't know if I can play serve & volley in our red clay courts, but, we'll see

Truc
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Good luck then, and don't have too high expectations either, you know that most of the time, people suck badly when they start playing tennis and it looks MUCH easier on TV! ;)
I always found it pretty frustrating to play again after having watched a lot of tennis on TV.

psichogaucho
02-27-2006, 03:46 PM
nah, for me, tennis will be serious fun, just want to have some fun one day a week...

coriafans
02-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Thank you so much STAR for all the schedule that u have given me...
i know about his certain injury. i wish he would get well soon...
i just played tennis today and i fell down haha my legs hurt terribly..
BUT i would still continue playing tennis.It is the greatest sport in this whole wide world
Agree with me??

willie
03-03-2006, 04:08 AM
hi everyone in here, long time since i last enter.
hope everyone is okay:)

:bigwave:

star
03-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Willie!!! So happy to see you! :hug: :hug:

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for Indian Wells. I hope I see Guille there. :) :)

napki
03-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for Indian Wells. I hope I see Guille there. :) :) He won't be there. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/rfnz/board/smilies/no1.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3163588&postcount=14)

While he's figuring out his issues outside the court you'll have more time to fish out for Lleyton. :devil: Have fun! :bounce:

alita
03-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Why he withraws from INW? Did he just want to have a rest?
What's wrong?

Truc
03-04-2006, 12:32 PM
He probably preferred to go back to Argentina and try to regroup rather than to spend 2 or 4 more weeks in North America for nothing.
He hasn't made any statement about a break yet, as far as I know, the thread in GM is a bit misleading. The journalist from La Nacion wrote that he's going to skip Miami too and it sounds logical, but 2 weeks ago, the same journalist wrote that he would probably skip the other South American clay tournaments and he did make a new try in Acapulco – let's wait for more official announcements.

(At least a guy from Acapulco confirms in the thread in GM that he saw Guille practicing in Mexico and that he looked happy!)

star
03-05-2006, 03:55 AM
He won't be there. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/rfnz/board/smilies/no1.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3163588&postcount=14)

While he's figuring out his issues outside the court you'll have more time to fish out for Lleyton. :devil: Have fun! :bounce:

Oh, I'm so unhappy. This takes away a lot of my joy in the tournament. I love watching Guille. No Guille :sad: No Guga :sad:

I like Lleyton, but he can never make up for Guille or Guga :sad: :sad:

I hope Martina is here beceause that will make up a lot for the loss of others I love. :)

fantomas
03-05-2006, 02:32 PM
:sad: :sad: Guillermo :sad:
I hope Nalbandian will be good :D

napki
03-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh, I'm so unhappy. This takes away a lot of my joy in the tournament. I love watching Guille. No Guille :sad: No Guga :sad:

I like Lleyton, but he can never make up for Guille or Guga :sad: :sad:

I hope Martina is here beceause that will make up a lot for the loss of others I love. :)
:hug: :hug:

You're right, Guille lights up the place when he's around, that's why it's hard to see him troubled so much on the court. And Martina is always the star of the show, even if it isn't her show to begin with. :cool:

This is only gives you more room for discovering something new about other players and the tournament itself. :drive:
When i went to USO it happened to be the "wrong day" cos almost none of the players that i wanted to see played that day. Roger, Lleyton, Kim, and Williams sisters were scheduled for the next day, when i couldn't be there, but it still was a blast (and not only because i discovered Guille! I didn't even know who he was back then ;) ).

star
03-05-2006, 07:53 PM
:hug: :hug:

You're right, Guille lights up the place when he's around, that's why it's hard to see him troubled so much on the court. And Martina is always the star of the show, even if it isn't her show to begin with. :cool:

This is only gives you more room for discovering something new about other players and the tournament itself. :drive:
When i went to USO it happened to be the "wrong day" cos almost none of the players that i wanted to see played that day. Roger, Lleyton, Kim, and Williams sisters were scheduled for the next day, when i couldn't be there, but it still was a blast (and not only because i discovered Guille! I didn't even know who he was back then ;) ).

I like seeing players I read about but never see on TV. I am anxious to see Baghdatis because I have never seen him in person. I think he will be fun. I hope Nadal shows up... but not sure he will. I've been looking at the draw and haven't found anyone I'm thinking I will love, but when I first saw Guille, I went to a match to see Andy and wound up thinking Guille was special. :)

coriafans
03-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I am so sorry for Guille that he is not going to play in this tournament....
I have been looking forward to support him :sad: :sad: :sad:
WHy????? :confused: :confused:
i wish he would be able to play soon

03-06-2006, 01:00 AM
I am so sorry for Guille that he is not going to play in this tournament....
I have been looking forward to support him :sad: :sad: :sad:
WHy????? :confused: :confused:
i wish he would be able to play soon
Guille hasn't been playing well at all this year :sad: And it is felt that if he took some time off the Tour it would be good for him. I look for Guille to come back strong and rested so he can return to the Tour :) And I also hope he will have better results on the Tour in the future ;)

adee-gee
03-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I just thought I'd announce that I'm back :p

daze11
03-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I just thought I'd announce that I'm back :p:hug: yay!!! we missed you!

Guille's Girl
04-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Wow this thread is dead and bleeding all over the place @.@ So......help me! :D

Coria room people: "We don't want to help you Saara! You never post and you always spy on us!"

Fine! So I suck! Please help me? :awww:

Coria room people: "Fine since you're gonna beg us :rolleyes: "

Thanks! Well I'm doing a NEW comic and I need 7 Argentine dudes. BUT! I can't decide on which guys to have. Ok! So I got Guille OF COURSE (no he's not the star...but mostly :p ), Nally, Ch-ch-ch-chela, Acasuso, gaudio (heheheHE), Puerta, Canas and Calleri. That's 8 so...who should I exclude? and don't say gaudio cuz that would ruin the show :p Ok! ^^

star
04-11-2006, 03:34 AM
ummmm.... either Puerta or Canas.

Guille's Girl
04-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Ok thanks ^^ Someone else said Canas too. I was thinking about excluding him anyway so, if he gets no support, he's gone.

star
04-12-2006, 03:03 AM
I can't wait to see the comic. :) :) :)

star
05-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know the Columbian singer, Cabas?

And how about Anna Nalick?

wenty
01-19-2007, 05:52 AM
*bump*

Guille's Girl
01-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Ah damn why'd you bump this?? I have long since scraped my wonderlous idea for that comic. :p
I still have the script though and...I think it's funny but :shrug:

So where does everybody work??? I work in a medical uniform store. We sell good stuff dirt cheap; the other uniform place hates us :devil:
edit:
I'm the only one with unstable employment :o