aust open 2008 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

aust open 2008

Via
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
the draw came out this morning, and if i remember correctly (sign of an ultra lazy poster...) arnaud will play rainer schuettler in the first round. it's right near the bottom of the draw.

people are speculating that roger will request a tuesday start... meaning that rafa's (and thus arnaud's) half will start first on monday. so..... he'd better find a way to beat mr. schuettler, cos i won't be there in time on monday.

ps. where's everyone? new year holiday still? happy new year!:angel:

Kristen
01-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Arnaud was training today [I came in here because I saw this thread was the most recently updated!] with Bruno and some french guy...actually I dunno who he was. He had the sunscreen all over the tattoos, working on the tan. He mustn't have been doing too great because by the end his racquet was thrown at the fence behind him! Didn't get any photos as I was besotted with Thomas Johansson and Magnus Norman. :lol::wavey:

higherlaw
01-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Je suis la!

Yup, Schuettler. Their H2H is 1-3, Rainer.

If I don't expect him to win, I won't be disappointed :rolleyes:.

Marine
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM

:lol:
It sounds so ...true. It's always been my way of thinking about arnaud unfortunatly LOL

Well, here's the famous FFT Site for the french players:

http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2008/?id=3430

audio and pics coming soon...

Via
01-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Arnaud was training today [I came in here because I saw this thread was the most recently updated!] with Bruno and some french guy...actually I dunno who he was. He had the sunscreen all over the tattoos, working on the tan. He mustn't have been doing too great because by the end his racquet was thrown at the fence behind him! Didn't get any photos as I was besotted with Thomas Johansson and Magnus Norman. :lol::wavey:

'baghdatis' on the aust open forum claims that he's got that racquet. i've made him an offer :lol:

gee his foul mood has extended from sydney to melbourne! lol

:wavey: catch up later if i run into you next week!

Je suis la!

Yup, Schuettler. Their H2H is 1-3, Rainer.

schuettler hasn't done much lately, has he? guess they are well matched :tape:

baghdatis
01-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Yes I saw Him :lol:

Sunscreen all over his tats and my dad was like WTF? :lol:

And guess who ended up taking the smashed racquet home ;)

ME!! :D

Via
01-12-2008, 10:41 PM
clement v schuettler 1st up at show court 3 on monday. nice of the organisers to put them there, since neither is seeded, or australian :lol:

allez arnaud.... you better win this one! :mad:

Via
01-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes I saw Him :lol:

Sunscreen all over his tats and my dad was like WTF? :lol:

And guess who ended up taking the smashed racquet home ;)

ME!! :D

:mad:how dare you come here and brag about it???? we worship him on a pedestal here, including his broken racquets!

:p:p

baghdatis
01-12-2008, 11:16 PM
:lol:

esther
01-13-2008, 01:09 AM
via- just sent u an SMS but how long are u going to be in melbourne for? i'll be there for arnauds match in the morning... hopefull he can get thru so u can see him on weds!

Marine
01-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Nice to see you back here Esther ! :wavey:

Kezzi
01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Show court 3, I'm hoping the Dutch channel will show something of that match :) They always show the smaller courts if I don't want to see them, so hopefully they'll also show it with a match I do want to see :p

Alle Arnaud! :bounce:

kiwi10is
01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
clement v schuettler 1st up at show court 3 on monday. nice of the organisers to put them there, since neither is seeded, or australian :lol:

well they are both former finalists... maybe they didn`t forget about it. Although I am German I will cheer for Arnaud! I just love that guy

Hangdog
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
:worship:
And when was the last time Arnaud was doing well in Australia, in 2001? :o

allez arnaud.... you better win this one! :mad:
Yes, it's indeed quite surprising to see this encounter placed at show court 3! Could be a good chance to get a coverage, but since it's one of the opening matches I guess they will rather start it from the main courts.
Good luck to Arnaud and I suppose he'll be around even in case of a loss because it's unlikely he'll skip doubles there.

Great time at the Open to everyone who is going :wavey:

Via
01-14-2008, 12:43 AM
well they are both former finalists... maybe they didn`t forget about it. Although I am German I will cheer for Arnaud! I just love that guy

:yeah:

aussies must have longer memories than most others lol

anyway i'm following live scores (stupid fool that i am, could be sitting there with esther right now :( )

looks like rainer has broken 5-3 :(

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
:yeah:

aussies must have longer memories than most others lol

anyway i'm following live scores (stupid fool that i am, could be sitting there with esther right now :( )

looks like rainer has broken 5-3 :(

Hi Esther and Via! :wavey:
I'm lucky enough to have access to a livestream so I'm watching it. Seems like he has a lot of supporters there.
Orange shirt and new sunglasses.

Via
01-14-2008, 01:00 AM
:wavey:

yes sure arnaud always has supporters in aus.... they don't seem to remember rainer as well ?? lol

anyway first set goes to rainer :(

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 01:21 AM
When are you guys going to Melbourne?

So, now it's a white shirt and blue bandana. He keeps putting sunscreen on is face at each changeover... then has to clean his sunglasses each time--after time is called. Oh, and of course he's complaining about movement in the stands and line calls. No ball kid abuse. Yet.

I have to say that the duck or goose, some type of bird which I hear in the background, would really distract me if I were playing.

Via
01-14-2008, 01:34 AM
it's a bad sign when he's so fussy, and getting cranky. :o

1-5 now 2nd set, it's looking worse.

i'm going tomorrow! esther should be bearing witness to the match right now.

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 01:36 AM
ha ha ha they just showed some girls with fake owl tattoos!

Well, this doesn't look good (nor for Tommy Robredo!), so I hope you can see him again practising!

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 01:41 AM
He just got a code violation for an obscenity!!!!!!

Via
01-14-2008, 01:44 AM
:rolleyes:

esther just sms'd saying basically he's gonna lose... as if it isn't obvious enough right now

Via
01-14-2008, 01:46 AM
i should be glad that i don't have to watch this match!

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 01:50 AM
:rolleyes:

esther just sms'd saying basically he's gonna lose... as if it isn't obvious enough right now

Sorry, I misread your post. Esther is at the match? Got it! Is she wearing a fake owl tattoo?? lol

:banghead::banghead:

Via
01-14-2008, 02:17 AM
lol i don't think she's that well prepared but of course i could be wrong :p

her friend rachel would be more likely to think of such things... but rachel is a seb fan only :)

the very idea of wearing tattoos for arnaud is :yeah: i applaud!

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 02:30 AM
I think the fake owl tattoos are quite clever!

Well, he's made progress, but I'm not too hopeful. I was just watching Jankovic/Paszak for awhile.

Via
01-14-2008, 02:38 AM
he's fighting a 3rd tie-break right now! :eek:

go arnaud

Via
01-14-2008, 02:39 AM
our tv is showing jankovic's match.

and a commentator has noted that rainer has only won 4 matches in his last 4 grand slams :o

he's got the 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

now their scores are identical to robredo/zverev lol

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 02:43 AM
I hope Esther is taking pictures! Especially of Arnaud lying on the court before he went over to the Chair to complain!

btw, Via, your pictures on your site are great.

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 02:45 AM
our tv is showing jankovic's match.

and a commentator has noted that rainer has only won 4 matches in his last 4 grand slams :o

he's got the 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

now their scores are identical to robredo/zverev lol

um, that could be Arnaud, too, perhaps!

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 03:31 AM
:p next stop: Marseille.

Via
01-14-2008, 05:57 AM
I hope Esther is taking pictures! Especially of Arnaud lying on the court before he went over to the Chair to complain!

btw, Via, your pictures on your site are great.

gosh that's dramatic.

thanks :D (:secret: esther takes pretty good pics too, but she doesn't put it into practice much :p)

:help:

kukka
01-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Too bad for Arnaud. I was too tired to even think about staying up at 2am to follow the scores. Hopefully he does better in doubles. I assume he plays doubles there. :confused:

Elina

kukka
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Ok, I had to check whether they already have the doubles draw, and there it was.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/md/index.html

Nice to see Arnaud teaming up with Mika again. :D

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
gosh that's dramatic.

thanks :D (:secret: esther takes pretty good pics too, but she doesn't put it into practice much :p)

:help:

Dramatic is right. If he would keep his head in the game I think he would be more successful. Maybe I should coach him lol. And speaking of that, if Bruno wasn't his brother, I think he'd have been fired by now...sorry, c'est vrai!

Ok, I had to check whether they already have the doubles draw, and there it was.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/md/index.html

Nice to see Arnaud teaming up with Mika again. :D

Thanks for the link. I had somehow forgotten about doubles! :rolleyes:

Hangdog
01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks to Higherlaw and Via/Esther for the reports and match details. Normally I find Arnaud's crazy matches like this one quite funny and they do not annoy me so much. But that's definitely not something I'd like to stay up for in the middle of the night, so I guess it's more of a good luck I haven't seen it. Though I've seen Micka's match and it was something of the same style.

Let's hope they will go through the first round at least in doubles. Though it won't be a cakewalk for our Frenchies, those twins they've been draw against rule the Challengers tour, and they already beat Llodra/Mahut last year...
Allez les gars http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7315/glasses9uz5.gif http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7462/iconrrzv1.gif
Oh but Marseille is almost in a month. Isn't there a DC rubber earlier in February?

higherlaw
01-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh but Marseille is almost in a month. Isn't there a DC rubber earlier in February?

Yes, forgot about that, too :rolleyes:. But, will he make it in this year??

Hangdog
01-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Yes, forgot about that, too :rolleyes:. But, will he make it in this year??
A good question.
His and Micka's progress in doubles this week will mean a lot. And good for him Forget is still the captain.

Kezzi
01-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Esther and Via! :wavey:
I'm lucky enough to have access to a livestream so I'm watching it. Seems like he has a lot of supporters there.
Orange shirt and new sunglasses.
Where did you find that livestream?
I was up untill 3 am looking at the scoreboard while searching for a livestream :(

But hey, there's a good thing about Rainer's win, for the rest of the tournament I won't lose any sleep :p

Kezzi
01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
He just got a code violation for an obscenity!!!!!!
What did he do? :eek:

Kezzi
01-14-2008, 08:27 PM
:bounce:
I'm already looking forward to it :D

(Hopefully enough people cancel in Rotterdam, otherwise Arnaud will be in Holland for the weekend and we will be in Marseille :rolleyes: )

Kezzi
01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Dramatic is right. If he would keep his head in the game I think he would be more successful. Maybe I should coach him lol. And speaking of that, if Bruno wasn't his brother, I think he'd have been fired by now...sorry, c'est vrai!

Thanks for the link. I had somehow forgotten about doubles! :rolleyes:
Maybe Bruno also gets afraid of his brother when he acts that way? :p
However, helping Bruno coach Arno is a good idea :yeah: :angel:

higherlaw
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Where did you find that livestream?
I was up untill 3 am looking at the scoreboard while searching for a livestream :(

But hey, there's a good thing about Rainer's win, for the rest of the tournament I won't lose any sleep :p
Livestream is ESPN360; only good in the US, sorry.

What did he do? :eek:

F-word, I think.

Kezzi
01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Livestream is ESPN360; only good in the US, sorry.

F-word, I think.
I know, came across that in my search :p
Even tried such PPlive things, but with al chinese or japanes language, I couldn't find matches. And other things were those betting sites where you have to register :(

esther
01-16-2008, 01:43 AM
hey everyone!!! (special hello to marine :hug: now that im back i realise how much i miss posting here)

sorry for the late update. The past two days, i was at the tennis from 11am-11pm because i was working at the tennis (food) until the last match. ANYWAYS. Let me get my thoughts into order

1) That is awesome that there is live streaming of matches in the US.... too bad that its not international.

2) No i was not the girl with fake owls LOLLL...

3) Arnaud played like crap. Schuettler wasnt anything special... he didnt have to be. Arnaud was just making error after error after error. Yelled at the umpire maybe 4 or 5 times. Seemed like he was fighting himself more than anything or anyone really.

4) The funniest thing about the match was the way Arnaud acted about how the ballkids gave him his towel. The ball kid gave him the towel the normal way- scrunched up. Arnaud mumbled something and stretched the towel horizontally and held it right in the middle before using it. He showed this to the ballkid, but i dont think he understood what Arnaud was demanding.

So the next time Arnaud got the towel, the ballkid just gave it to him normally again and Arnaud got all angry and showed him again. It was hilarious, but so rude.

5) Sorry, no photos. I really am sorry, if i knew people would be waiting for them here i would have taken some!! Ive just taken 100 photos of Arnaud in the past few years, i didnt bother... He still looks the same :P

6) The match took up the whole day basically. Didnt get to do much afterwards, just walked around and saw JCF and federer practising.

7) Arnaud is playing doubles tomorrow right? Hopefully its not the same time as Seb's singles match

higherlaw
01-16-2008, 03:05 PM
:wavey: Esther, thank you for all the information. No problem on the pictures, just glad you're having a good time!

Seems Arnaud was fined, along with some others, for his obscenity during that match:
From heraldsun.com.au
AUSTRALIAN Open officials have wasted little time in a crackdown on player behaviour at Melbourne Park.

With the second round yet to finish, 12 players have been charged and fined.

Vince Spadea and Arnaud Clement were both fined $560 for audible obscenities.

Nicolas Almagro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Boris Pashanski were docked the same amount for racquet abuse.

And 2002 champion Thomas Johansson was penalised $560 for unsportsmanlike behaviour following his first-round defeat to Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis.

Hugo Armando, Alexadre Kudrayavtsev and Bjorn Rehnqvist were fined $280 for audible obscenities.

Gilles Muller, Philipp Petzchner and New South Welshman Nathan Healey were hit with the same fine for racquet abuse.

;)FYI, I'm working on some screen caps from the Schuettler match which I hope to post later today. In the meantime, here's a cap of the girls with the owl tattoos.

esther
01-17-2008, 12:24 PM
THURSDAY- saw Arnauds doubles match today. Mika and arnaud played pretty well, closed out the match pretty easily. Not much to comment on really. Some really loud music started playing in the middle of the match (Robbie Williams Rock DJ haha) and i thought arnaud would have made more of a fuss (a la US open when a concert was too loud and he complained like a baby) but seemed alright.

I will post photos tomrorow.

higherlaw
01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Here are some screen caps from what I thought was a funny show by Arnaud during his match vs Schuettler regarding a bad line call.

:topic: During the Venus/Camille match the commentators said Camille was dating Arnaud. Old information...:rolleyes:, or is there something we should know?

barbottin
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Here are some screen caps from what I thought was a funny show by Arnaud during his match vs Schuettler regarding a bad line call.

:topic: During the Venus/Camille match the commentators said Camille was dating Arnaud. Old information...:rolleyes:, or is there something we should know?

I don't think it's true as Camille said in an itw that she will leave Aix en Provence to live and practice in Paris after AO. If they were dating again, I guess she would stay in Aix. But everything is possible with love and Camille is so pretty :hearts: ( If my girlfriend reads that, I will sleep on the sofa tonight :help: )

Marine
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM

What a comedian, arnaud on the pics ! lol
I watched camille's itw too on eurosport and now she's moved to paris after so many years in the south, sure that's definitly over between them. :sad:
She's very sweet, what a pity...

higherlaw
01-17-2008, 10:20 PM
[/B]

I don't think it's true as Camille said in an itw that she will leave Aix en Provence to live and practice in Paris after AO. If they were dating again, I guess she would stay in Aix. But everything is possible with love and Camille is so pretty :hearts: ( If my girlfriend reads that, I will sleep on the sofa tonight :help: )

I watched camille's itw too on eurosport and now she's moved to paris after so many years in the south, sure that's definitly over between them. :sad:

Camille :(

Arnaud was not trying to be funny. He was clearly quite angry and walked over to the Chair and let him know it. Then he then complained to the line judge, too. I thought was funny, however! :)

esther
01-17-2008, 11:27 PM
he complained about so many line calls that match. hes such a big baby!

esther
01-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Photos From Arnauds Doubles First Round

esther
01-17-2008, 11:57 PM
im starting to get the impression that arnaud doesnt like australia as much as he used to

Hangdog
01-18-2008, 07:37 PM
;)FYI, I'm working on some screen caps from the Schuettler match which I hope to post later today. In the meantime, here's a cap of the girls with the owl tattoos.
I was quite curious about how fake owl tattoos could look like to attract cameras attention lol Thanks for all the caps :yeah:

Camille was playing for a Paris club during Interclubs. I thought she was practising in Paris, too?

Arnaud was not trying to be funny. He was clearly quite angry and walked over to the Chair and let him know it. Then he then complained to the line judge, too. I thought was funny, however! :)
I've noticed such hmmm... emotional ways of complaining are very typical for some French players and they see nothing funny or odd about that, just take it absolutely seriously and as a norm. But if I see their matches only a couple of times in a year it does look hilarious lol

barbottin
01-18-2008, 08:59 PM
I was quite curious about how fake owl tattoos could look like to attract cameras attention lol Thanks for all the caps :yeah:

Camille was playing for a Paris club during Interclubs. I thought she was practising in Paris, too?

I've noticed such hmmm... emotional ways of complaining are very typical for some French players and they see nothing funny or odd about that, just take it absolutely seriously and as a norm. But if I see their matches only a couple of times in a year it does look hilarious lol

Yes, she's playing for Lagardere Paris racing for two years now, but she was still working with her long time coach Eric Bremond in Aix en Provence. Bremond split with her because he wanted to dedicate all his time to his wife's carreer. I guess that Camille's new coach is from her club.

Via
01-18-2008, 11:50 PM

:haha: these two guys mentioned in the same line for the same offence... unimaginable in the past for me.

im starting to get the impression that arnaud doesnt like australia as much as he used to
because he isn't winning as much as he used to? i certainly feel that he's going through the motion now with the obligatory autographs for fans. he doesn't seem to care any more.

THURSDAY- saw Arnauds doubles match today. Mika and arnaud played pretty well, closed out the match pretty easily. Not much to comment on really. Some really loud music started playing in the middle of the match (Robbie Williams Rock DJ haha) and i thought arnaud would have made more of a fuss (a la US open when a concert was too loud and he complained like a baby) but seemed alright.

I will post photos tomrorow.

well i saw another doubles match on friday (they just had to make sure i arrived on time every morning :o) this time at a court on the vodafone side, and guess what... there're some beatles songs played repeatedly (not even performed by the original fabs) in the background, and even i found it pretty annoying!!!! lol

mika at one point couldn't keep his mouth shut about that any more... and he addressed the umpire as 'mate' when he complained about the music :haha::haha::haha: it took that umpire a second to realise that he's that 'mate' that mika was talking to..... :haha:

Via
01-18-2008, 11:52 PM
btw many thanks for the screen caps and pics... higherlaw you're so good with these :yeah:

but are we to believe that a guy rolling on the ground is dead serious about his point? and not trying to be funny :o

higherlaw
01-19-2008, 06:52 PM
he complained about so many line calls that match. hes such a big baby!

Funny, I had used that exact term for him also :). Getting mad like that is so counter-productive to the issue at hand...winning the darn match :rolleyes:!

Thanks for your pictures.
btw many thanks for the screen caps and pics... higherlaw you're so good with these :yeah:

but are we to believe that a guy rolling on the ground is dead serious about his point? and not trying to be funny :o

Yup, quite serious; the big baby! :baby:

Thanks for the match reports.

Kezzi
01-19-2008, 08:51 PM
:wavey: Esther, thank you for all the information. No problem on the pictures, just glad you're having a good time!

Seems Arnaud was fined, along with some others, for his obscenity during that match:
From heraldsun.com.au
AUSTRALIAN Open officials have wasted little time in a crackdown on player behaviour at Melbourne Park.

With the second round yet to finish, 12 players have been charged and fined.

Nicolas Almagro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Boris Pashanski were docked the same amount for racquet abuse.

And 2002 champion Thomas Johansson was penalised $560 for unsportsmanlike behaviour following his first-round defeat to Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis.

Hugo Armando, Alexadre Kudrayavtsev and Bjorn Rehnqvist were fined $280 for audible obscenities.

Gilles Muller, Philipp Petzchner and New South Welshman Nathan Healey were hit with the same fine for racquet abuse.

I would rather go shopping with all that money :p
In Euros it doesn't look so bad, only 381,63 at this moment, but still... If Arno wants to lose that money, he can better give it to me, that's about the amount my trip to Marseille costs me ;)

Kezzi
01-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Maybe a new career for when he retires from tennis? :lol:

Is itw short for interview?
Anyway, it's sad that it's definitely over between them :sad:
I saw Camille once in 's-Hertogenbosch and remember the moment where she walked with Arno to the players lounge hand in hand after practice. They were really cute! Arno even gave a kiss one her hand when he grabbed it, my sister and I directly went 'Ahhhhh' :hearts:
And I remember Camille said that my camera was lovely when Bruno took a pic of us :p

Kezzi
01-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Camille :(

People are usually funny when they try not to be :p

esther
01-19-2008, 11:18 PM
mika at one point couldn't keep his mouth shut about that any more... and he addressed the umpire as 'mate' when he complained about the music :haha::haha::haha: it took that umpire a second to realise that he's that 'mate' that mika was talking to..... :haha:

thats hiliarious!

esther
01-19-2008, 11:21 PM
about that $560 fine... arnaud wasnt too bad like he was angry about the CALL but he wasnt directly abusing the umpire or the opponent. He just swore one time. I got so mad at andy roddick because he was fully abusing the umpire, patronising the umpire, directly threatening the opponent, insulting the crowd.... and was a complete dickhead and he only got fined $560 too!! Andy should have gotten $5000 fine in comparison

Kezzi
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
about that $560 fine... arnaud wasnt too bad like he was angry about the CALL but he wasnt directly abusing the umpire or the opponent. He just swore one time. I got so mad at andy roddick because he was fully abusing the umpire, patronising the umpire, directly threatening the opponent, insulting the crowd.... and was a complete dickhead and he only got fined $560 too!! Andy should have gotten $5000 fine in comparison
If he just swore once I think $560 is a little bit over the top compared to Andy's behaviour :rolleyes:

Hangdog
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
What about some good news? Don't know why it's not written here yet but after all Arnaud and Micka beat #10 seeded in straight sets and so made it to the 2nd week - and 1/4 final. Quite not bad already, isn't it? Though next match is against #2 Zimonjic/Nestor. Hope they've found a store with good French wine...

Marine
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Merci for your positive attitude Irina :)
They're still there, you're right, and remember, they celebrated their loss together as 2 losers ! With wine for sure. Only the quality changes: a australian wine for a loss, a good bordeaux for a win. ;)

Kezzi
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Good luck against Zimonjic and Nestor! :bounce:

I would send them a bottle of good French wine, but it won't arrive in time for sure :p

Via
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
i'm sure one can find french imports here. but why bothered? apart from national pride, aussie wine is much better value ;)

they seem to be winning their doubles pretty easily. this morning, clement/llodra and nestor/zimonjic will get centre court treatment as well... good on them! then i'll have lunch, and come back to the tv for rafa :drool: the late night show tonight will feature jo jo v youzhny... i like watching jo jo! what a treat today will be

:drink:

btw, i've posted photos of arnaud/mika in my blog and melbourne gallery, if you haven't found out by now :)

Kezzi
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks, I'm not really up to date with pics and everything. I actually should do homework instead of posting here :p

This picture is really cute :hearts:
http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/vtp/pics/358.jpg

Via
01-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks, I'm not really up to date with pics and everything. I actually should do homework instead of posting here :p

This picture is really cute :hearts:

it's good enough for the public, but not for friends. i'll send you one without the watermark ;)

edit: oh no :o i can't attach a file with a pm!!! :p

Via
01-22-2008, 02:23 AM
update: clement/llodra into the semis :) 64 64

one of our commentators (think it's allan stone) still called him 'little arnaud', not 'the veteran' :tape:

Marine
01-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Good performance
:woohoo:

Now, allez Jo Jo !

kukka
01-22-2008, 08:04 AM
What a nice win for Arnaud & Mika! :D Good luck to the semis! :hearts:

Elina

Kezzi
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
update: clement/llodra into the semis :) 64 64

one of our commentators (think it's allan stone) still called him 'little arnaud', not 'the veteran' :tape:
:woohoo: :bounce:

Little Arnaud :awww:
Our commentators never say cute things about him that one time a year he's on television :p

Truc
01-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Qualifiés en double pour les demi-finales de cet Open d'Australie, Michaël Llodra et Arnaud Clément étaient tout joyeux, mardi, dans l'une des petites salles de conférence de presse où les interviewer s'est révélé un exercice particulièrement délicat en raison de leurs blagues incessantes. Tenants du titre à Wimbledon, les deux hommes espèrent toujours se qualifier pour les prochains Jeux Olympiques où, selon eux, rien n'est acquis en raison d'un règlement qui n'est toujours pas confirmé, la Fédération internationale et l'ATP poursuivant leurs discussions. En principe, la France pourra avoir un maximum de six joueurs à Pékin où les tricolores auraient quatre joueurs de simple et deux paires de double. Rappelons que c'est le classement du 16 juin qui fera autorité pour les sélections.
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2008/sport_sto1453130.shtml

The journalists had a hard time interviewing them after their match because they were laughing and joking non-stop. They're hoping to qualify for Peking, but they say nothing is sure yet since the ATP and the ITF are still negotiating (normally, France should have at best 6 players: 4 singles players + 2 doubles teams).

higherlaw
01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Wonder if it is true that Arnaud practiced with Federer?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/justin_gimelstob/01/22/federer/

Couldn't stand our commentators, Stubbs and Martina. No "little Arnaud" comments, but they were full of bad information and they totally trashed Nenad.

I wish Arnaud had played this well in Shanghai...

gtg

Kezzi
01-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Journalists sometimes ask silly questions, so it's good they were laughing and joking. They shouldn't make it too easy for them :p

Via
01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
arnaud and mika could be seen last night in jo jo's box, along with most of the remaining french contingent. (except for fabrice....)

there's a blonde lady sitting in between them, was she possibly mika's wife? arnaud looked quite dashing without the silly glasses and bandanas, wearing a black shirt. they left early though.

it was actually the 7th anniversary of his famous battle with kafelnikov at the same stage of the ao in 2001, which was also the men's night match. now it's tsonga turn with another russian. time flies.... but same result, the frenchman won ;)

I wish Arnaud had played this well in Shanghai...

arnaud/mika had a very different mindset in shanghai, i guess that's obvious!

esther
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
arnaud DID look 'dashing' last nite at jo jos match.

very impressive that they beat the number 2 seeds. cant wait for their match tomrorow

Truc
01-23-2008, 08:01 AM
arnaud and mika could be seen last night in jo jo's box, along with most of the remaining french contingent. (except for fabrice....)

there's a blonde lady sitting in between them, was she possibly mika's wife? arnaud looked quite dashing without the silly glasses and bandanas, wearing a black shirt. they left early though.

it was actually the 7th anniversary of his famous battle with kafelnikov at the same stage of the ao in 2001, which was also the men's night match. now it's tsonga turn with another russian. time flies.... but same result, the frenchman won ;)Mika's wife isn't blond, but maybe she died her hair. You can see her here (last year in Roland-Garros):
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/reportages-videos/rg-2007_main.php3?date=2007/06/1er&id_article=92
I don't know who it was, I saw only Mika.

There was an interview of Arnaud and Escudé yesterday in L'Equipe to talk about their own experience of a quarter of final at the AO, but he didn't say anything new. He stresses how "disconnected" you're from France when you're down under and don't get much of the buzz in the media. He was pretty cool at the time, his main problem seemed to be the press conferences in English ("Pffff.... je ne faisais pas le malin!") It's special to enter the lockerroom and everything is empty, it feels so solemn all of a sudden. But they both say Jo should be able to deal with it. The interview really is mostly about Jo.

VolandriFan
01-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Arnaud was amazing in doubles the other day! :eek:

Marine
01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
mika's wife, camillle is brunette, i guess the blonde girl was bruno's g/f.

(video wimbledon http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=KGctC7IKf-Q)

Via
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
well i got the idea it's mika's wife, because they were sitting close together! otherwise i'd have speculated about her being arnaud's new girl :lol:

so don't tell me that mika was rather close to a blonde girl who wasn't his wife last night :lol:

it's good that jo's getting tips from his predecessors at the ao (but now that he's into the semis.... umm :ignore:)

Marine
01-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Rod Laver Arena

11.00 am

1 Men's Doubles - Semis
Jeff Coetzee (RSA)/
Wesley Moodie (RSA)
v. Arnaud Clement (FRA)[7]/
Michael Llodra (FRA)[7]

Allezzz

Via
01-23-2008, 09:48 PM
they should be stronger on paper, but never underestimate a team that's got themselves into the semis as well!

go arnaud/mika... two more matches and arnaud will finally be an australian champion (i'm looking ahead now :p)

Via
01-24-2008, 02:04 AM
they've done it! :bounce:

lol @ mika giving arnaud a lift, then almost threw him to the ground like the tango :lol:

esther
01-24-2008, 05:30 AM

lol @ mika giving arnaud a lift, then almost threw him to the ground like the tango :lol:

aaah i missed the match because i was at work. How was it??? Number 1 seeds = byron brothers= have been knocked out as well. Yay! Is the doubles final on Saturday?

esther
01-24-2008, 05:32 AM
and good luck jo jo for tonite!!!!

Marine
01-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Génial ! :bigclap:

kukka
01-24-2008, 09:27 AM
:bounce: Woohoo! On to the final!!! :kiss: :hearts:

Elina

Kezzi
01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
:woohoo: They made it!
Good luck in the final guys! :bounce:

And off topic:
I love Tsonga! :bounce: Defeating Nadal with that score is just fabulous! :worship:
I was hoping this would happen, just never thought it was possible outside my dreams :devil:

I have something against Nadal, maybe that's useful info :p

Via
01-24-2008, 11:03 AM

And off topic:
I love Tsonga! :bounce: Defeating Nadal with that score is just fabulous! :worship:
I was hoping this would happen, just never thought it was possible outside my dreams :devil:

:mad:

... but jo :worship::worship:

(as usual i was into arnaud spotting in the stands! he was there for the whole three sets... maybe they told jo jo if he won in 3 then they would stay up for him :lol:)

higherlaw
01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Good luck in the finals. (My second favorite team is Erlich and Ram.)

screen cap of that:

Marine
01-24-2008, 06:04 PM

And off topic:

Don't be ashamed I assume my :mad:nadal

what a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg I can't believe he trashed the monkey like that it's incredible, I love jo jo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! respect :worship::worship:

Kezzi
01-24-2008, 07:53 PM
:mad:

... but jo :worship::worship:

(as usual i was into arnaud spotting in the stands! he was there for the whole three sets... maybe they told jo jo if he won in 3 then they would stay up for him :lol:)
Not to offend anyone, I'm sure I like players others can't stand :p
(In some cases that even applies to Arno :tape: )

If it worked, he might want to drag them along more often :lol:

Kezzi
01-24-2008, 07:55 PM

screen cap of that:
Thanks for the screen cap, it's hilarious :rolls:

Kezzi
01-24-2008, 07:58 PM

what a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg I can't believe he trashed the monkey like that it's incredible, I love jo jo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! respect :worship::worship:
As I said, I don't want to offend anyone by saying that, especially not you guys :hugs:
I just feel that way about Nadal, can't help it :shrug: If I can't see what you see in him, it's my loss not yours, right? :p

Hangdog
01-24-2008, 08:16 PM
And everything began with a dinner of losers :lol: Well, that's how losers become champions. Whatever happens in the final that's already a great result.
In his latest interview to FFT Arnaud tells that he came in Australia being not really in form (huh we noticed that) and said to Micka that if he wanted to win this GS he'd better change the partner because with Arnaud he wouldn't win much lol

screen cap of that:
That's funny, thanks. Are you (or someone else who has the coverage) going to record the final? My TV seems to have something against doubles, so it'd be great to see at least some highlights or caps of the match. I guess we are all looking forward to a new post-match show lol

:haha: but respect to Jo indeed :worship: Youzhny, Nadal... This guy is unbelievable!

Marine, do you have Eurosport now? JG is on TV on a Sunday afternoon, have a look if you get a chance.

Marine
01-24-2008, 10:04 PM
unfortunatly i won't be at home this week end ! and i can't see the final.

Via
01-24-2008, 10:20 PM
As I said, I don't want to offend anyone by saying that, especially not you guys :hugs:
I just feel that way about Nadal, can't help it :shrug: If I can't see what you see in him, it's my loss not yours, right? :p

you are so diplomatic :kiss:

no need to trash the loser, huh?

higherlaw has espn livestream (you don't get doubles on tv?) but for others i think there should be other livestreams available.

moi i use the old-fashioned method of recording from my tv! haha... i don't know, i don't actually go back to watch old matches much at all, so i don't know what that's for :p

higherlaw
01-25-2008, 02:35 PM
unfortunatly i won't be at home this week end ! and i can't see the final.

:eek: No!

higherlaw has espn livestream (you don't get doubles on tv?) but for others i think there should be other livestreams available.

moi i use the old-fashioned method of recording from my tv! haha... i don't know, i don't actually go back to watch old matches much at all, so i don't know what that's for :p

We get doubles sometimes, but imagine my disappointment/disgust/distain/shock when I turned on what was advertised as "live doubles" to watch Arnaud and Micka vs Moodie/Coetzee and what do I get?? replay of the Bryans vs Bhupathi/Knowles:mad::mad: Then, it wasn't even on the ESPN livestream until the next day:sad:.

I will record it on my DVR, but I haven't figured out how to transfer to a DVD yet.:confused: I need to delete some (or all) of the ten matches I recorded in 2007 --every single match, doubles or singles, was a loss :mad:. I think the only matches ever worth saving would be anything from AO 2001 :).

Via
01-25-2008, 11:05 PM
We get doubles sometimes, but imagine my disappointment/disgust/distain/shock when I turned on what was advertised as "live doubles" to watch Arnaud and Micka vs Moodie/Coetzee and what do I get?? replay of the Bryans vs Bhupathi/Knowles:mad::mad: Then, it wasn't even on the ESPN livestream until the next day:sad:.
how unfortunate :hug: at least you finally got it.

I will record it on my DVR, but I haven't figured out how to transfer to a DVD yet.:confused: I need to delete some (or all) of the ten matches I recorded in 2007 --every single match, doubles or singles, was a loss :mad:. I think the only matches ever worth saving would be anything from AO 2001 :).

:lol: (i reckon you mean arnaud matches)

i'll watch it live today, this afternoon... so they'd better not waste my time!

esther
01-26-2008, 12:56 AM
how unfortunate :hug: at least you finally got it.

:lol: (i reckon you mean arnaud matches)

i'll watch it live today, this afternoon... so they'd better not waste my time!

via will they show it on channel 7? i dont think the doubles is scheduled to be on tv... grrrr. maybe if the womens match finishes early

esther
01-26-2008, 12:58 AM
and what an amazing chance the french davis cup will have this year!!!! go jo jo!!

Via
01-26-2008, 02:56 AM
via will they show it on channel 7? i dont think the doubles is scheduled to be on tv... grrrr. maybe if the womens match finishes early

they've given the whole afternoon to the tennis, so i don't think the women will last that long lol

doubles matches at overseas tournaments, are another matter :(

Via
01-26-2008, 06:25 AM
lost 1st set 5-7 :(

edit: now they've changed into 'wimbledon whites' lol

edit2: our coverage is cut! :mad: now i have to come back to watching scores

edit3: :( erlich/ram won 75 76

arnaud is again ao runners up :rolleyes: well, not bad.

VolandriFan
01-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Good effort boys, they had their chances. :sad:

Truc
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I didn't watch the match, but Arnaud sounds pretty gutted about his performance in the audio interview - "j'étais nul"!

I only saw the video of the ceremony posted by nouf in GM http://wtatour.fr/showthread.php?t=1331 - I'm not sure I got the part in French right because the commentators are talking about something else at the same time, but I think Mika complains in his speech that only a couple of people/Frenchies stayed for the final ("merci à ceux qui sont restés pour la finale - je balance, ça m'énerve!") :lol:
(Which is true, it does look a bit empty in their box while there still are so many Frenchies in Melbourne for Jo.)

kukka
01-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Too bad that Arnaud & Mika lost the final, but still a great tourney for them. :D :worship:

Elina

PS. Bad planning... I'll be in train tomorrow during the singles final... Oh well, I'll get the score from somewhere... :rolleyes:

Kezzi
01-26-2008, 07:45 PM
And everything began with a dinner of losers :lol: Well, that's how losers become champions. Whatever happens in the final that's already a great result.
In his latest interview to FFT Arnaud tells that he came in Australia being not really in form (huh we noticed that) and said to Micka that if he wanted to win this GS he'd better change the partner because with Arnaud he wouldn't win much lol

That's funny, thanks. Are you (or someone else who has the coverage) going to record the final? My TV seems to have something against doubles, so it'd be great to see at least some highlights or caps of the match. I guess we are all looking forward to a new post-match show lol

:haha: but respect to Jo indeed :worship: Youzhny, Nadal... This guy is unbelievable!

Marine, do you have Eurosport now? JG is on TV on a Sunday afternoon, have a look if you get a chance.
:lol: it always turns out better when you don't expect anything :p

I'm hoping I can find some live stream or anything. I even tried the livestream at the AO website, but it isn't available to Holland.The will to pay for it doesn't even get me coverage :(
Maybe if I'm lucky they will show a little bit on Eurosport here.
It was so annoying with wimbledon, the bbc showed the possibility to change courts all the time, but that's only available for the UK :rolleyes:

Kezzi
01-26-2008, 07:52 PM

Life would be boring if everyone likes the same people :p

I tried to find a livestream for Arno's first round match, I found a betting website that you had to register with before you could watch, but it was free to register. When I was filling out the form, Holland wasn't listed. All countries were there, even the Antilles, but not Holland itself :(

But I will do a new search tonight :)

I can't record from my tv, my taperecorder is broken. And I don't really care, because there's hardly anything I want to record :p

Kezzi
01-26-2008, 08:03 PM
they've given the whole afternoon to the tennis, so i don't think the women will last that long lol

doubles matches at overseas tournaments, are another matter :(
Don't underestimate the women :p I went to the Dutch masters last year for Fred and he was last of the day. Before that a women's match. I expected I could see Fred's whole match, but luckily I could stay with a friend and therefor could watch an hour longer. The women played almost 3 hours :eek: If I had to go home, I could've seen Fred walking on the court and then run for my train, now I've seen 1 hour :(

Doubles matches everywhere are a problem for Dutch tv :rolleyes:

Kezzi
01-26-2008, 08:06 PM
lost 1st set 5-7 :(

edit: now they've changed into 'wimbledon whites' lol

edit2: our coverage is cut! :mad: now i have to come back to watching scores

edit3: :( erlich/ram won 75 76

arnaud is again ao runners up :rolleyes: well, not bad.
Is it already over? :(
I'm not used to Aussie time, I thought it would take place sometime at night here :p

Kezzi
01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I didn't watch the match, but Arnaud sounds pretty gutted about his performance in the audio interview - "j'étais nul"!

I only saw the video of the ceremony posted by nouf in GM http://wtatour.fr/showthread.php?t=1331 - I'm not sure I got the part in French right because the commentators are talking about something else at the same time, but I think Mika complains in his speech that only a couple of people/Frenchies stayed for the final ("merci à ceux qui sont restés pour la finale - je balance, ça m'énerve!") :lol:
(Which is true, it does look a bit empty in their box while there still are so many Frenchies in Melbourne for Jo.)
That speech is hilarious! Thanks for the video :)
To Arno: "We have to stay focused next time" :lol:
"I would like to thank the sponsor, especially Garnier, I love the gel" :rolls:

And what does it mean what he said it French? Looking at Bruno that also must be something very funny :) I can't find a good online translator for the last part of it :p
Was Gilles also there or did I see it wrong?

Hangdog
01-26-2008, 08:59 PM

Oh yes, Arnaud usually is not so much critical to himself so it sounds like he did play crap. Though they also have been mentioning some slight injury before. Hopefully he'll be in a better shape for the next tournament.

That video is absolutely tremendous! Mickaaaa :haha:
There is a YouTube link to it, BTW: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uI8WAA-fQHs.

And this video from Eurosport is just wonderful, too: http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2008/video_vid63094.shtml. I couldn't stop laughing just looking at Arnaud's face during the interview, I have a feeling he thought they were taking a close-up of Micka when he was speaking so he, Arnaud, could relax. And that mosquito killing, mein Gott!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls:

These two are the best videos I've seen so far this year.

Via
01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
thanks for all the links, guys! what a shame that i have to watch the ceremony on youtube :(

arnaud is a collector of aussie furry animals :)

ahhh mika... you could always have treated your aussie fans to stay behind for you... we are very good with our french flags :p (it's true, there wasn't much cheering for the french team at all. the israeli fans however, were out in force)

edit: aiya... the winner was thanking them very nicely, but arnaud looked totally blank... at least mika understood the english! :lol:

Via
01-26-2008, 10:11 PM
kezzi, you don't mean you don't even have access to the men's final tonight? (tonight translation.... 10 hours from now, lol)

Kezzi
01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh yes, Arnaud usually is not so much critical to himself so it sounds like he did play crap. Though they also have been mentioning some slight injury before. Hopefully he'll be in a better shape for the next tournament.

That video is absolutely tremendous! Mickaaaa :haha:
There is a YouTube link to it, BTW: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uI8WAA-fQHs.

And this video from Eurosport is just wonderful, too: http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-d-australie/2008/video_vid63094.shtml. I couldn't stop laughing just looking at Arnaud's face during the interview, I have a feeling he thought they were taking a close-up of Micka when he was speaking so he, Arnaud, could relax. And that mosquito killing, mein Gott!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls:

These two are the best videos I've seen so far this year.
:haha: That Eurosport video is cool!
Arno's eyes look so funny when following that mosquito :lol:

Kezzi
01-26-2008, 11:43 PM
kezzi, you don't mean you don't even have access to the men's final tonight? (tonight translation.... 10 hours from now, lol)
Yeah, men's final will be broadcasted here. But for the rest of the tournaments and most matches of grand slams it looks like the Dutch Eurosport prefers WTA, except for Federer's matches and the occasional Davydenko/Nadal/Djokovic. Usually the only GS I can see a lot of is Wimbledon, because I have acces to BBC 1 and 2 here. I can also watch the Arag World Team Cup on the German channels, but for the Dutch channels there isn't more in tennis than GS finals.
We would see a lot more when Sjeng Schalken still played, but the best player in our country now is a doubles player, but we never get to see him. Rogier Wassen and he's from Roermond, just like me :D But most of the time he doesn't even get selected for DC, they rather have more youngsters than an almost sure win in doubles :rolleyes: For that reason I really didn't care that we went out the world group. And ofcourse France still is my fav team :p

esther
01-27-2008, 10:32 PM
LOOLLLLL 'i love the gel' that is classic Mika.

Sad that they lost but they did really well to get to the final and is great prep for DC.

thanks for all the links

esther
01-27-2008, 10:39 PM
:haha: That Eurosport video is cool!
Arno's eyes look so funny when following that mosquito :lol:

that is hilarious, arnaud is soo preoccupied with that stupid mosquito so he hits the microphone to kill it then looks at the camera with a really cheeky face hahaha