Making some Thunder Down Under: AO Thread (He brought a whole t-storm :p CHAMPION!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Making some Thunder Down Under: AO Thread (He brought a whole t-storm :p CHAMPION!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

savesthedizzle
01-11-2008, 02:35 AM
People talk about making one but then don't make one :)

I'll post the draw shortly :p

savesthedizzle
01-11-2008, 02:42 AM
DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB [3] v BECKER, Benjamin GER
QUALIFIER, v BOLELLI, Simone ITA
QUERREY, Sam USA v ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
MALISSE, Xavier BEL v TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS [32]

HEWITT, Lleyton AUS [19] v DARCIS, Steve BEL
ISTOMIN, Denis UZB (W) v QUALIFIER,
GULBIS, Ernests LAT v SAFIN, Marat RUS
JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE v BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP [15]

NALBANDIAN, David ARG [10] v SMEETS, Robert AUS (W)
ZABALETA, Mariano ARG v LUCZAK, Peter AUS
JONES, Alun AUS (W) v MONTANES, Albert ESP
KIEFER, Nicolas GER v FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP [22]

STEPANEK, Radek CZE [30] v SPADEA, Vincent USA
QUALIFIER, v ROITMAN, Sergio ARG
VENTURA, Santiago ESP v DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG
ROGER-VASSELIN, Edouard FRA v FERRER, David ESP [5]

Novak's Quarter :scared: :scared:

neenah
01-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Nole's quarter is :eek:

I wish him the best of luck. :)

PennyThePenguin
01-11-2008, 10:07 AM
WHY ARE ALL MY BOYS IN THE SAME QUARTER :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

jitterbug
01-11-2008, 11:04 AM
:smash: :sobbing:

Jelena_78
01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Jess :worship: I like the thread title very much!:p

Yeah,the draw is pretty tough,...but I don't know, I have a feeling that everything is going to be just fine...
I hope he's fit and ready!

Scotso
01-11-2008, 01:59 PM
How did I know Nole would be in Federer's half? :rolleyes:

The draw is soooooo top heavy.

savesthedizzle
01-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah Novak's quarter is awful. This isn't just superstition me saying it, I really mean it when I say:

The draw sucks.

:awww:

I mean you know the section is tough when you have Gulbis-Safin first round. I mean in his quarter there is Nalbandian, Ferrer, Stepanek, Safin, Hewitt, Baghdatis.. :unsure:

It's like every tough seed and unseed person that could be in there, is in there. There's no one difficult who is missing :lol:

Lee
01-11-2008, 07:09 PM
The draw sucks. Let's take it one match at a time. :tape:

Anne-Claire
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
GO Nole down under!! :bounce: :bounce:

jeahhh!
01-12-2008, 12:38 AM
His draw :tape: :(

:bounce:

Scotso
01-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Hopefully all those tough players in his draw will wear each other out for when he has to play them.

silverwhite
01-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Tough draw. Potential 3rd round against Tursunov :unsure:

amdany
01-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Novak's interview, 12.01.2008

Q. Do you wish to make a statement?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: That's a good way to start (smiling).

No, I'm happy to be here, back in Australian Open, you know, one of the four strongest tournaments in the sport. I didn't do so well in the past, except last year when I started to do better here on the Australian hard courts. I won Adelaide and I played the last 16 here. I lost to Federer, which is understandable.

Of course, it's always good to be back in the city and in the tournament where you did well, where you feel good. I had my best year in 2007. I reached the third place of the world, made a lot of great results in the major events, which was one of the priority goals. And now I can only hope to be consistent with the results and to continue playing on a high level.

You know, I'm motivated. I'm playing with a lot of confidence. You know, I started playing well here in Australia. I played the Hopman Cup, though. It's a prestigious tournament, but still I won my four matches. I feel confident. I made some couple of changes. I changed my strings.

You know, it's always on the start of the season, the players are trying to get used to a new things. You know, you always try something new. You always try to improve. So I think I improved on a couple of things, elements in my game, which I was planning to do with my coach. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Q. It was such a huge year for you last year. Many, many matches, many tournaments. I guess there was probably a little bit of burnout towards the end of the year. How did you recharge?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I wasn't really trying to think about the finish of the year 'cause, as you said, it was a little bit unexpected to lose all three matches in Shanghai, even though I had amazing season. Probably there was a lot of expectations. But just a lot of things happened in that I think October, November, two, three months before the beginning of the season. Right of after Madrid, I had this little surgery of the wisdom tooth. This came out. Plus, you know, the really exhausting season, a lot of matches, you just, you know, want to have some time off.

It all came out in the end in a negative way, unfortunately, even though I wanted to do well in my debut in a Masters Cup. But of course, you know, there are many more years to come in front of me. I took the best out of it. You know, I know what I made bad and which were the mistakes. My coach was there. Everybody was there. Now I know that I will have to approach that kind of tournaments in a different way.

It was just mental problem a little bit in Shanghai I can say, and physical as well. So it's not end of the world. You know, I'm just 20 years old and I have still a lot more Masters Cups, I hope, to come.

Q. Do you feel fresh now?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I do. I do, yes. I had holidays, which was about two, two and a half to three weeks long, which was really necessary for me, even though I started my preparation period a bit later, which is as well important. You know, vacation was more important for me. I needed to recover my body and get fresh into the new season, which I did, as I said, on the start. I've been trying to work, you know, recently on some elements in my game which I think that are missing so I can be one of the challengers for the No. 1 or No. 2 spot in the world.

I think I deserve to be here. I showed my quality in 2007 many times, a lot of different surfaces. You know, considering the fact that my best performances were on the outdoor hard courts, I can hope for a good result here in Australian Open.

Q. You came close to winning the US Open last year. What do you have to improve to win this tournament?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes, US Open was amazing experience, a first final in a Grand Slam for me. Of course, maybe that lack of experience in the Grand Slam finals was a crucial in that match. And even though I had a lot of chances, I missed them. And if you miss all those chances against a player like Roger, you know, you don't get any more chances.

You know, I'm happy with all that, all the season, and especially the hard court season in States. So these courts are similar to the ones in Indian Wells and US Open. So, you know, as I said, I can hope for the good result. But still there is a lot of good players around the world who are trying to improve, who are trying to get as far as they can in a Grand Slam, because Grand Slam is a specific competition. It's 128 players and everybody is trying to get far. So it's not going to be easy, but I think I need to improve my volley game a little bit more. I have a good groundstroke game. I have a lot of chances in the point and in match to get to the volley and just finish off the point earlier and just save some energy, which is going to be much better for me.

I've been really trying to work on that. It's been going okay, you know, but it's not a thing that it can happen over the night. You know, it takes time. I'm really taking it easy. I'm not in the rush.

Q. Roger's limited preparation, does that make him more vulnerable at this tournament or not?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: For Roger?

Q. Yes.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Of course, I mean, that's maybe a question for him. We don't need to talk about him too much. He proved that he's the best player in the world in the past three, four years, and he really deserves that spot and that honor. Of course, he's one of the best ever that played this game.

Now, you know, I'm one of the players who is really trying to challenge him in that matter. You know, as a 20‑year‑old, I reached the third place of the world, but I'm really not trying to rush anywhere. I know the way he's playing now on any surface he's not really thinking of letting go of that first place in the world. We cannot forget, you know, Rafa Nadal is right behind him already for three years trying to get to the best place in the world. Obviously their rivalry is the biggest rivalry in men's tennis.

But, you know, I've been recently making a lot of good results and people started, you know, talking about ‑‑ more about three players, you know, not any more just two. So it's a nice thing to hear and it's very flattering. But I just really need to focus on my life, on my career, and then, you know, try to achieve my lifetime goal.

Q. You talked about how you had a great year that made it into a top three as opposed to a top two. You separated yourself. Could you imagine a situation where Andy Murray has a similar year like you had and makes it a top four?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I think that's realistic, in my opinion, because he's very talented player and he has a lot of potential. You know, I know him all my life. Last year he had this, you know, problems with the injuries. It was, you know, not easy for him to hang in there. He almost reached the Masters. He was just one match away.

I think he's been willing to get to the top five in the world a lot, very much. He wants to prove himself. I think he's gonna make it. Of course, if he stays out of the injuries, just be healthy, he has all the elements and all the things he needs to be there, you know, to be a top five player. I think he proved many times in the past two years.

Björki
01-12-2008, 09:54 AM
adje Nole :rocker2:

AnitaOlea
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
nice interviw =) I hope he do well with these tough players :scared:

njnetswill
01-13-2008, 10:50 PM
:bounce: Best of luck novak!

jennyian
01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Good Luck Nolé!

I wish you all the best! :D

Scotso
01-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Looks like it should probably be on the Tennis Channel tonight.

ataptc
01-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Nole won 6-0 6-2 7-6 :)

Björki
01-15-2008, 07:48 AM
well done Nole :)

amdany
01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
well done

PennyThePenguin
01-15-2008, 02:59 PM
nice start..MORE MORE MOREE!
heard he was made to do impersonations again *shakes head*

savesthedizzle
01-15-2008, 04:08 PM

And he really was MADE to. He didn't want to.

Scotso
01-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Great win for Nole. Nice start to his tournament.

The top mens players are all looking pretty strong. His draw is looking really tough now after seeing how well Marat played. :scared:

Oh well, he can do it. :rocker2:

Lee
01-15-2008, 06:03 PM

We were having dinner with the TV on when he was asked to do the impresonations, he tried to get out of it and explained someone told him his impersonations offended some players. My hubby and son both were confused why. Even my son has close to zero sense of humor still can't figure why his impersonation will offend anyone. ;) So I explained to them that those players feel offended not really because of the impersonation, but because they are not happied they lost to him. :angel:

So he only impersonated Sharapova and emphasized she doesn't mind. :lol:

neenah
01-15-2008, 08:32 PM
He was asked repeatedly to do impressions and each time he said, "No, I really can't, some people get offended." But after it seemed like the interviewer/crowd wouldn't let him leave the court without an impression, Nole just said, "Oh, okay." :p

ataptc
01-16-2008, 03:27 AM
It's tough being put on the spot. They had better not ask him to do any more :rolleyes:

neenah
01-16-2008, 03:30 AM
It's tough being put on the spot. They had better not ask him to do any more :rolleyes:

Yeah, I thought it was a little disrespectful to keep bugging him about it. I suppose because he's such an easygoing guy they figured he wouldn't mind. But he didn't even seem that into it; he didn't bother picking up a racquet or finishing the service motion.

kirkicica
01-16-2008, 04:16 AM
at least he only did a Sharapova one.

To be honest I never liked the Rafa one :o

Anyway, it was kinda rude to insist on it after he said no already. It was a stupid situation!

Scotso
01-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Oh relax. He was smiling the whole time. Nole loves the spotlight, so I don't think he was too upset. :p

And Maria doesn't seem to mind. :p

PennyThePenguin
01-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Great win for Nole. Nice start to his tournament.

The top mens players are all looking pretty strong. His draw is looking really tough now after seeing how well Marat played. :scared:

Oh well, he can do it. :rocker2:

I've been getting conflicting impressions on that. some says he's doing pretty good, others say he's just blah and not doing anyhting much. but from past experience, I think i'll just say this..DON'T BE FOOLED BY HIPPOS!!!! :p

peacechick
01-16-2008, 04:21 PM
DON'T BE FOOLED BY HIPPOS!!!! :p

:haha: :rolls:

neenah
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh relax. He was smiling the whole time. Nole loves the spotlight, so I don't think he was too upset. :p

And Maria doesn't seem to mind. :p

:shrug: I just don't want anyone offended. Nole was fine with it. :rolls:

savesthedizzle
01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Nole didn't want to do it though and he said so. He's not the kind of guy to get mean about things, but if you read his post match interview he makes it clear he doesn't want to do them anymore.

I kind of hope he stops. :shrug: A lot of people don't like it. Apparently Maria is over it now too :shrug:

Scotso
01-17-2008, 06:41 AM
Djokovic def. Bolelli 6-1 6-2 6-2 :worship:

Nole :rocker2:

I'm pissed at TTC and ESPN2, though. They kept talking about the Nole match over and over being a featured match and how they were going to show it.... and they only showed match point. Boo!

Scotso
01-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Nole didn't want to do it though and he said so. He's not the kind of guy to get mean about things, but if you read his post match interview he makes it clear he doesn't want to do them anymore.

I kind of hope he stops. :shrug: A lot of people don't like it. Apparently Maria is over it now too :shrug:

He probably will stop, and I agree that it was wrong that they pressured him to do it. But I still don't think it's all that bad.

And if people get that upset over a few impressions, their egos need a little deflating.

ataptc
01-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Nice scoreline :yeah:

PennyThePenguin
01-17-2008, 12:22 PM
impressive scoreline today :D

Scotso
01-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm happy Safin is out, because I really saw him as the toughest competition for Nole in his quarter. Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of great players... but the draw looks a lot more friendly now with Safin out of it.

PennyThePenguin
01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm happy Safin is out, because I really saw him as the toughest competition for Nole in his quarter. Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of great players... but the draw looks a lot more friendly now with Safin out of it.

I HATE HIPPOS :sobbing: at least I still have my novakito :hearts:

amdany
01-17-2008, 02:21 PM
I HATE HIPPOS :sobbing:

:hug:

savesthedizzle
01-17-2008, 02:28 PM

I agree. Also Safin losing won me my TT match :tape:

But big hugs to all our Safinettes here. He tried. :hug:

peacechick
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks Jess :p
Hopefully we'll need less hugs because of Hippo losing this year :lol:

(Is he taking this thread over aswell? :aplot:)

neenah
01-17-2008, 09:49 PM
But big hugs to all our Safinettes here. He tried. :hug:

I left for school with him down two sets to none, so I'm happy he got to five. :)

silverwhite
01-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Good start to the tournament so far. Next round shouldn't be too much of a problem.

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Novak is frustrating meeeeeeeeee.

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:39 AM
FINALLY up a break.

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Come on Nole :rocker2: Beat the Berenstein Bear!

http://www.nwnjmediacenter.org/clipart/4bears.jpg
http://i.eurosport.de/2006/07/18/296240-1390953-317-238.jpg

AnitaOlea
01-19-2008, 07:44 AM
5-3 he's got this set =D and hopefully the match

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Broke for the first set 6-3 :D :woohoo:

Saumon
01-19-2008, 07:46 AM
They showed Nole's last game in the 1st. He was looking good in black. :D

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:47 AM
I like it :) I'm glad it brought it out today since it's indoors :D

Saumon
01-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Is it me or Janko's shorts are completly wet? :tape:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Janko deserves a cookie. I'll eat one on his behalf at almost 3 am :rolls:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:49 AM
You're paying too much attention to his shorts :p

I didn't notice. :lol:

neenah
01-19-2008, 07:50 AM
I can't stay up much later but I caaaaaaan't go to sleep. :sobbing:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Nole actually looks REALLY hot in the black shirt :lol:

neenah
01-19-2008, 07:54 AM
I want to see it. :rolls:

Yahoo Sports taking its time putting a picture of him up.

savesthedizzle
Querrey was up 40-0 but Nole has it at deuce! Break him!

savesthedizzle
bp Nole!

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Up the early break 2-0 :D Go Nole :D

Great point by Janko!

Ajde both of you!

Saumon
01-19-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw belco! :D :lol:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Nole gave the break back :(

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Random... does anyone know if Janko's younger brother is cute?

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Roger is so pissed off :rolls:

Saumon
01-19-2008, 08:04 AM
His bro is scary. :scared: I sat next to him at a match once. :lol:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:05 AM
His bro is scary. :scared: I sat next to him at a match once. :lol:

Janko's? So not cute then? :(

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Novak got the break back :D *3-1

Saumon
01-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Not really. :scratch: He was swearing the whole match. :tape: I noticed he had the same kind of tattoos as Janko so I thought he might be related. Then I had to move to the seat next to his and I saw his name on his badge. :lol:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Not really. :scratch: He was swearing the whole match. :tape: I noticed he had the same kind of tattoos as Janko so I thought he might be related. Then I had to move to the seat next to his and I saw his name on his badge. :lol:

Ah. :sad: Boo. When I heard them mention a brother on ESPN I got excited :rolls:

Saumon
01-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Roger's break point conversion is crap. :rolls:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:10 AM
janko ajdeeeeee

nole 4-1*

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:11 AM
ajdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee jankoooooooooooooooooooooooo

savesthedizzle
5-5 janko BREAK HIM NOW!!!

savesthedizzle
0-15. ajde janko!

neenah
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Oh my god, Roger. :tape:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:13 AM
blah 30-15. come on janko!

savesthedizzle
novak who?

savesthedizzle
beautiful DF 30-30

Saumon
01-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Janko had challenges left? :scratch: :lol:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Janko had challenges left? :scratch: :lol:

just 1. he's always right :D

BP BP BP BP

wait fed challenge? he's always wrong.

savesthedizzle
DEUCE :D

Janko sees everything so clearly :p must be the glasses :p

neenah
Why didn't Roger just serve out the first set?!! Then I would be asleep right now. :sobbing:

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:16 AM
BP BP BP BPB

dskgjaklgjaweklgjklragjwaekgjakl

JANKO!

savesthedizzle
crap he's right this time :(

Saumon
Roger is pissed off :rolls:

savesthedizzle
Roger is pissed off :rolls:

He really is. And I absolutely love it.

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:17 AM
OMGGGGGGdjngADJSGKLADJGKLADJGKADJHGKLAWKGL

neenah
asdlkfjal;kdjf;laseijL:EIJF

:sobbing:

Saumon
SERVE IT OUT!!! :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
SERVE it OUT janko

oh my god.

ajde ajde!!!!

neenah
01-19-2008, 08:18 AM
You guyssssssssssss. :sad:

Federer is total crap today. I've never seen him play this bad ever. :sobbing:

Saumon
01-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Set point for Nole! :D

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Awww :hug:

I remember him before he was GOAT, so I vaguely remember him not playing so great ;)

neenah
asldkjflaksdjfal;skdfjal;skdfja
I NEED TO SLEEEEEEEEEP.

savesthedizzle
Nole 6-3 6-1

neenah
01-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Awww :hug:

I remember him before he was GOAT, so I vaguely remember him not playing so great ;)

:lol: I didn't follow tennis until Wimbledon of...two years ago. The final. When Fed won. :p

fangirl
01-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Live scores have won out for a while. AJDE JANKO!!!

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:35 AM
JANKO IS CRASHING MTF :D

i love it.

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:35 AM
come on janko! ajdeeeeeeee

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:36 AM
fight Nole :D

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Nole holds on after being down 0-40 for 3-1 :D

my fingers are shaking. i am going to spazz out soon.

neenah
01-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Still no pics of Nole in his black shirt. :(

neenah
01-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Who cares about sleep? Not I. :D

neenah
01-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Roger I love you. Some beautiful shots in that last game. :inlove:

neenah
01-19-2008, 08:58 AM
(Sorry for the offtopic-ness. :o)

savesthedizzle
01-19-2008, 09:03 AM
YES that's why it looked so hot :D

Saumon
01-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Still no pics of Nole in his black shirt. :(

it matched his hair :inlove:

Björki
01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Nole :clap2:

Scotso
01-19-2008, 11:07 AM
At least Nole won :shrug:

He's going to spank Federer in the SF. :rocker2: If Federer makes it, that is. :p

missbungle
01-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Marry me Janko! I don't care that you lost!

foul_dwimmerlaik
01-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Very impressive stuff today (from Nole, that is). It took him all of half a set to figure out the serve, after that there could be no doubt about the winner. Keep it up.

ataptc
01-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Good job Nole! (even though I had no coverage of it)

adynadal
01-19-2008, 01:33 PM
BRAVO,MAJSTOREEEE!!!:worship::bounce::rocker::bana na:
To be honest i`m a little bit worried...those 3 wins came too easily and i`m affraid that he might not be prepared enough for Hewitt or Matcos!at least i hope their match will at least last for 3 hours so they can be tired,very tired:angel:!
i didn`t get to watch Nole`s match today but with Janko and Roger there i don`t believe i would have watched it even if they had showed it!i was about to cry at the end!Janko deserve the win sooooooo much!he`s such a fighter,we all know it here,but today he showed more than we could ask him for!God...how could he lose?!what did he deserve it for:sad::crying2::awww:?!
but still JJ,Anci and Nole are on fire!Ajdeeeee:crazy::rocker::banana:!!!

Scotso
01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Hewitt vs. Baghdatis isn't a very high quality match, so I'm thinking/hoping that Nole has nothing to worry about.

Scotso
01-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Baghdatis is really annoying. :tape:

Scotso
01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm glad they're tiring each other out, good news for Nole.

Scotso
01-19-2008, 05:04 PM
They're both playing pretty well now :lol: especially Llegs.

I would prefer Nole to play Baghdatis, honestly... his fitness isn't great and I think he's not as tough an opponent for Nole. Also, Llegs would have the crowd majorly on his side. :p

I'm bored.

Scotso
01-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Baghdatis is so unfit. He looks like he's going to fall over and die.

Scotso
01-19-2008, 05:16 PM
8th deuce in this game :lol:

Loves it!

njnetswill
01-19-2008, 06:12 PM
I have a feeling Djoko-Hewitt will be another marathon. :unsure: Hopefully Novak will be fresh enough to go the distance, his short early rounds should help.

amdany
01-19-2008, 06:36 PM
I have a feeling Djoko-Hewitt will be another marathon. :unsure: Hopefully Novak will be fresh enough to go the distance, his short early rounds should help.

let's hope so!!!

Anne-Claire
01-19-2008, 11:02 PM
GO NOLE :bounce: :bounce:

Scotso
01-20-2008, 04:23 AM
Nole is gonna blow him away.

Magenta
01-20-2008, 04:42 AM
This is potentially a scary match up for Nole. The home crowd really does wonders. I watched the Dellacqua match live, and she's no star, but the home crowd pulled her through and she ended up beating Mauresmo.

Nole will have support, no doubt, but it is a dangerous one. Nole needs to act like a true champion and dispose of him quickly.

Jelena_78
01-20-2008, 10:52 AM
I have to admit I'm a bit scared :unsure:

I hope the fact he saved his energy in the first three matches will help him...Ajde Nole!:clap2:

Saumon
01-20-2008, 12:26 PM
What worries me is that he had too easy matches so far. :unsure:

fangirl
01-20-2008, 03:07 PM
If Novak loses to Lleyton, I will be forced to move to Belgrade to escape the Hewitt lovefest and asskissing that will happen in this country.

PLEASE NOLE, DISPOSE OF THE LITTLE SHIT.

savesthedizzle
01-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I have faith in him.

Ajde Nole! :rocker:

neenah
01-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Haha, I'm not a huge Hewitt fan, ajde Nole! :D

Maya_4
01-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Nole is going to beat him,I'm sure!He is going to win AO!;)
AJDE NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:worship:

ataptc
01-21-2008, 02:47 AM
I have faith in him.

Ajde Nole! :rocker:

Yes! I can't stand Hewitt so he needs to go :bounce:

Ajde!

Scotso
01-21-2008, 05:28 AM
I like Lleyton :lol:

but I'm cheering for Nole, of course.

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Morning
Anyone else really nervous?
If he were to lose against Hewitt there is no disguising it would be a very bad loss...

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Morning
Anyone else really nervous?
If he were to lose against Hewitt there is no disguising it would be a very bad loss...

I do not want to think about how bad it might be since I believe he'll win!

But I am nervous, still thinking should I watch the match, follow the scoreboard or go somewhere and watch it after it's already finished ;)
oh well, I have another hour to decide.

oww, and morning all :wavey:

fangirl
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Ajde Novak! Anyone else awake for the match or are you all pulling Ana's and hating to get up early ;)

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Am here.

He's started well - looking very determined...

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm here too, but due to my silly superstitions, I'm kinda ignoring the match :rolls:

PennyThePenguin
01-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm around. somewhere :p

Saumon
01-21-2008, 09:18 AM
:fiery: Bad boy! Baaaad baaaaaaaad boy! :mad:

Magenta
01-21-2008, 09:19 AM
NOLEEEEEEEEEEEE! What are you doing boy!!?!??!?! Offensive not defensive!

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Aaargh...

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Would ONE service game without deuce or facing break points be too much to ask!!!

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Yes! Playing pretty rubbish but has the first set on his first set point. Sign of a great player...

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Well done Nole, that was one! now, can we try with two? :rolleyes:
a break in the meantime would be nice.

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Talk about making life difficult for himself...

fangirl
01-21-2008, 10:00 AM
ADJE for winning the first set. Also AJDE for the sexy racket toss and then the subtle 'pretend to play with the strings and see if I cracked it' move.

Magenta
01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
ADJE for winning the first set. Also AJDE for the sexy racket toss and then the subtle 'pretend to play with the strings and see if I cracked it' move.

I second that!

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Nole - you can't play like this and expect to keep your number 3 world ranking...

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 10:21 AM
blah, stupid superstition. I turned off the TV and while making some coffee (which means ignoring the scoreboard) he won 3 games in a row.

But thats too good. hmm.
I wonder if Jess is up and taking a shower? :lol:

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I HATE this!!!!!!!!!!!

the moment I start watching he is facing BP :bigcry:
HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please Nole, the TV is off, I promise.

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Jess has been up but too freaked out to type :p

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Thank you :)

and it will stay off.

Jelena_78
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
5:2 :)

Ajde!!:dance:

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I might shower depending on how the third set goes :p If he needs my superstitious help :p

Jelena_78
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
*5:3 that was fast :unsure:

Now HOLD!!!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
7-5 6-3 :rocker:

COME ON!

Jelena_78
01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
What a point!!! :p

:rocker2:

fangirl
01-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Ajde to that!

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 10:38 AM
:rocker2:

I wanna seeeeeeeeeee :bigcry:

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Now focus...break him early on and then kill...

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 10:42 AM
deuce!

ajde nole! take this game!!

Magenta
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM
A few points ago Nole missed a shot and said he couldn't breathe, he's breathing quite deeply now, has anyone noticed? I'm getting a little worried.

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 10:46 AM
He'll be okay. He doesn't usually have that problem too badly anymore :confused:

Lossi
01-21-2008, 10:47 AM
A few points ago Nole missed a shot and said he couldn't breathe, he's breathing quite deeply now, has anyone noticed? I'm getting a little worried.

:scared:

Just 4 more games and he can rest, AJDE!

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
2:0 :rocker2:

okay, thats it. I can't stare at this scoreboard any more. I'm going to watch a bit.

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Novak looks fine. I've seen him FAR worse with the breathing and still able to play. As he walked to the chair after that game I didn't see any real problem :)

So don't fret my pets :D

He will win this, then he will beat Ferrer in a reallyhotandsexymatch and then he will take out Roger, then take out Youzhny :angel: and win the AO :) Okay?

*knocks on wood*

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
2:0 :rocker2:

okay, thats it. I can't stare at this scoreboard any more. I'm going to watch a bit.

Looking rather better - please don't jinx things!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
3-1*

ajde!!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:02 AM
2 more bps!

ajde!!!!

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Looking rather better - please don't jinx things!
:awww:
I was back to the lovely colorful scoreboard after 3-2.

I just took a short look.

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:03 AM
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

*vicht*

:rolls:

5*-2

serve it out kiddo! :rocker:

Lossi
01-21-2008, 11:04 AM
SERVE IT OUT! :rocker2:

Jelena_78
01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Ajdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:rocker2:

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
15-15

do eeeeet!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:06 AM
30-15 ajde! 2 more points!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:06 AM
40-15

VAMOSSSSSSSS

2 match points!!! ajde! come one!!! vamos!!!

Lossi
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
40-15!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Djole is so adorable with the cheering :lol:

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Okay good shot Lleyton. Credit where credit is due.

40-30

AJDE!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
ad-spewitt :armed:

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
deuce.

COME ON NOVAK!

Lossi
01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
KUKI STOP WATCHING! :p

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Do I need to go shower?

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Nole wtf was that point you moron. You had the whole court instead of that lame ass lob.

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
KUKI STOP WATCHING! :p
I'm soooorryyyyyyyyyyyy :cry:

Magenta
01-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!?!?!?!? :(

Lossi
STOP WITH THE TERRIBLE DROP SHOT :o:sad:

savesthedizzle
WTF with the drop shot. WHY in that point? WHY.

I ban the drop shot from all Serbian tennis. Between you, Viktor and Janko. It's forbidden.

15-40

COME ON! 2 more match points.

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 11:13 AM
STOP WITH THE TERRIBLE DROP SHOT :o:sad:
another one?? :eek:
Can he get a warning for drop shot abuse?

savesthedizzle
dshfkagjkalwgjkawgja

VAMOS!

Told you guys :p I had faith all along ;) :lol:

Lossi
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

First AO QF! (Of many)

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Now he's been in the QF of all the Slams ;)

Let's make it so he's been in the SF of them all now, eh?

AJDE!!!!

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 11:16 AM
kjhl.kjakl ic jk.li ojkhhgb,jzgl,ki :banana:

AJDE :rocker2:

This is soooo unfair. Only two games I was watching was Hewitt'd hold for 3:2 in the third, and Nole waisting 2 match points.
I'm cursed never to watch hem playing :bigcry:

but who cares while he's winning. AJDE!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:18 AM

This is soooo unfair. Only two games I was watching was Hewitt'd hold for 3:2 in the third, and Nole waisting 2 match points.

:hug: You poor thing. I didn't even have to shower :p I will shower now though. After having a week off, I have to go to work :bigcry:

Herdwick
01-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Exhales deeply.
He has got to stop those drop shots though at critical points...or play them a damn sight better.

And today's performance wouldn't be good enough against Ferrer, who did look very solid earlier.

Lossi
01-21-2008, 11:21 AM

:hug: RTS will have a replay, surely?

:hug: You poor thing. I didn't even have to shower :p I will shower now though. After having a week off, I have to go to work :bigcry:

:hug: :hug: Starbucks. Lots and lots of Starbucks.

Jelena_78
01-21-2008, 11:25 AM
:woohoo:

Noleee! Good that he won in three sets! Next Ferrer!:unsure: :lol:

You can do it!!! C'mon! :clap2:

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Do you think Pics/Nole will be night or day? :sad: :confused:

fangirl
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
I have to go to work tommorow morning as well. A very strong hot chocolate is in order me thinks!

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I have to go to work in 1.5 hours :bigcry: :rolls:

Maya_4
01-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Do you think Pics/Nole will be night or day? :sad: :confused:

I think it's going to be night!But then again maybe they will put Fed/Blake at night!

Maya_4
01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm very proud of Nole,even if he didn't play his best tennis he won in 3!:worship:But I think that next match against Ferrer is going to be much better!It's always like:one match not so good but then next is much much better,like at the US Open 2007!
AJDEEEEEEEEEEEE:worship:
SRBIJA DO AUSTRALIJE:lol:

Saumon
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I think Federer/Blake will be the night match. Pics is not as famous as Blake. :shrug:

:sad: :confused:

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I think Federer/Blake will be the night match. Pics is not as famous as Blake. :shrug:

:sad: :confused:

Day match would be a benefit for Pics I think, as he's fitter than Nole and Novak has a history of not being able to deal with heat. :sad:

but it would be a more convenient time for me to watch

fangirl
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
That is because like, Novak is this evil cheater faker who is all, wah wah I hate the heat so I will pretend to be sick blah blah blah.

:p

PennyThePenguin
01-21-2008, 01:08 PM

:hug: :hug: it's the same with me and marat. except that even when i decide to not watch to not jinx, he still loses anyway :sobbing:

BUT NOOOOOVAAAAKKK!!! i was watching the first two sets. had to leave at the start of the third :woohoo: :woohoo: me liked what i saw, mostly :p maybe 90% of the time :D TAKE THAT POTATOHEAD!

_sanja_
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm very proud of Nole,even if he didn't play his best tennis he won in 3!:worship:But I think that next match against Ferrer is going to be much better!It's always like:one match not so good but then next is much much better,like at the US Open 2007!
AJDEEEEEEEEEEEE:worship:
SRBIJA DO AUSTRALIJE:lol:

that`s right ;)

Scotso
01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Nole :rocker2:

He ain't scurred.

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Some good http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/laie/Laie_30B.gif today from Nole.

But he needs to play even better for the next rounds.
Ajde!
Edit: blah I need sleep :lol: I wanted actually to say that *ahem* It's not really SF vs. Ferrer, isn't it?

neenah
01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
:woohoo: Nole!

I like Ferrer. And Almost everyone left on the other side of the draw. :tape:

I hate being torn. I have too many favorites.

Jelena_78
01-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Some good http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/laie/Laie_30B.gif today from Nole.

But he needs to play even better for the next rounds.
Ajde!
Edit: blah I need sleep :lol: I wanted actually to say that *ahem* It's not really SF vs. Ferrer, isn't it?

I wanted to say that too... QF

But maybe that's a sign...that he'll play in the semis:D ;)

kirkicica
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I wanted to say that too... QF

But maybe that's a sign...that he'll play in the semis:D ;)

of course you saw that. 'the Jelenas? powaah :rocker2:

He will! and beyond.

amdany
01-21-2008, 04:11 PM
:clap2:congrats Nole

savesthedizzle
01-21-2008, 11:51 PM
WHOOPS hahahahah I didn't meat to put SF. :tape:
*runs to fix*

neenah
01-22-2008, 12:22 AM
No one noticed out of wishful thinking. ;)

Lee
01-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Did anyone noticed the Djokovics in the box had "N", "O", "L" and "E" respectively on their shirts? Unfortunately, they were blocked by the coach, trainer, etc in front and the camera only picked up "N" on Srdjan and "O" on Djana (wrong spelling)

ataptc
01-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Yup I thought it was cute

Scotso
01-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Seeing how poorly the field is playing, I think this is a great chance for Nole. Although he plays the player playing the best in the tournament next. :p

It's a big test, but should he get through it, I think he could really go all the way. :rocker2:

peacechick
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Damn, to get up in the middle of the night to watch or not :(

Jelena_78
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Serbia is not going to sleep tonight :eek: :spit:

Ana around 3am,and then Nole... all night long

Can't wait...:p I'll have to go to bed earlier to get some sleep or I won't be capable of doing anything tomorrow...

amdany
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Did anyone noticed the Djokovics in the box had "N", "O", "L" and "E" respectively on their shirts? Unfortunately, they were blocked by the coach, trainer, etc in front and the camera only picked up "N" on Srdjan and "O" on Djana (wrong spelling)

I just saw NOL coz Djole had the E and he was too small and blocked by the coach, poor baby:hug:

peacechick
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Serbia is not going to sleep tonight :eek: :spit:

Ana around 3am,and then Nole... all night long

Can't wait...:p I'll have to go to bed earlier to get some sleep or I won't be capable of doing anything tomorrow...

That's my problem... Is it worth being completely exhausted tomorrow :lol:

Herdwick
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
That's my problem... Is it worth being completely exhausted tomorrow :lol:

Do you need to ask! We're young; we don't need sleep!

Nole will need your support tonight - am nervous again. Ferrer is so damn consistent...mind you thank heavens he didn't get Tsonga!

Jelena_78
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Do you need to ask! We're young; we don't need sleep!

Nole will need your support tonight - am nervous again. Ferrer is so damn consistent...mind you thank heavens he didn't get Tsonga!

Me too...Don't remind me...I'm trying to calm down :drink:

Ajde Nole! We believe in you! :rocker2:

adynadal
01-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Me too...Don't remind me...I'm trying to calm down :drink:

Ajde Nole! We believe in you! :rocker2:

i`m calming down with red wine:angel:
i`ll have to stay awake almost all night to watch both Ana and Novak so i decided that a couple of glasses would help!:haha::haha::haha:
at least,if i get drunk,the losses(i`m not saying whose uses,i don`t want to challange the fortune!!!:tape:)won`t be that harmful for me!and the wins will be even more enjoyable!Cheers:drink:!

Scotso
01-22-2008, 11:37 PM
I need to drug myself with tranquilizers, lol. I'm getting really nervous.

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:06 AM
NOVAK TIME!

Jelena_78
01-23-2008, 04:14 AM

;) Ajde Nole!!!:clap2:

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:15 AM
closes the game out with an ace!

1-0*

break him :D

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:19 AM
I hear a lot of squealing girls.

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:19 AM
from 40-0 to deuce. ajde!!!!

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:20 AM
bp novak!!! take ittttt pleeeeeeease!

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:20 AM
blech. deuce.

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Novak's sneakers are annoying me. The squeaking.

Lucky net cord. bp chance again.

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
BREAK! ajde! 2*-0

hold hold hold hold!

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Another nice solid hold 3-0*

break again! please!

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:30 AM
4*-0 and 40-15 ajde!

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:32 AM
bp ferrer :armed: lucky net cord :(

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:34 AM
5-0*

:dance: break for the bagel novak. show him who's boss. the boss would be you. keep it up dude!!!

jeahhh!
01-23-2008, 04:36 AM
:rolls: It's all Jess in here.

Ajde Novak!:rocker2:

savesthedizzle
0-30 :d

savesthedizzle
0-40 ajde!! 3 set points!

savesthedizzle
01-23-2008, 04:37 AM