Making some Thunder Down Under: AO Thread (He brought a whole t-storm :p CHAMPION!) [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Making some Thunder Down Under: AO Thread (He brought a whole t-storm :p CHAMPION!)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

fangirl
01-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Why thanks!

But a big props to all you guys, I have been around this forum for a while (lurking moreso than posting), and there are people that have stuck around for a long time.

I know a couple of us here have followed every single one of his matches for a long time now (for me since end of 04)...the satisfaction we get? Well, we sure know how to pick a winner ;)

I would sometimes lurk more than I posted as well (and spent most of last year writing the thesis of doom x 3), but we sure as hell know how to pick them! Both Ana and Novak have really grown abd become totally and utterly fabulous!

Saumon
01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
HE is the one to stop the the FEDERER EXPRESS!!!
When I read that I imagined him stopping a train at full speed with his bare hands ā la Superman :lol:
:hug: everyone

When the Djokovic box all group hugged, I wanted to get in the middle of that.

They just asked Fed if he thought Novak would win the final now and he was like "Honestly I don't care." :rolls:
They were so cute and excited :D

Great sport :yeah:
It would be a childhood dream come true :D
It'd be amazing if they could win at the same time. It would be one of the greatest week ends in the Serbian sport history. :worship:
Djole is still as cute as ever.
When I saw him for the 1st time on the screen I had to refrain myself from screaming "DJOLE!!!" (I was not alone).
Then I told a friend his little brother was sooo cute and she was like "how old is he? :aplot: " :rolls:
The camera showed Djole at the end of the third tb looking up at the sky, cheering/praying. It was soooo cute
awwww
:worship:http://shrani.si/f/Y/Mw/4nxeytvK/sik.jpg
djole
Marko looked especially hot today. :tape:
Whoever wins this (and I hope it'll be Nole) I'm sooooooooooo happy that tennis will have a new champ.
Me too! :D
And yes, I was thinking in the shower (yes odd location) how sad it was for Zeke to not be able to gloat about this in GM :)
This is SO. SAD. :haha:
Yup, you know me and my anti-Serbian ajdes.
Don't make me bump that post from last Saturday. :angel:

Saumon
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I would sometimes lurk more than I posted as well (and spent most of last year writing the thesis of doom x 3), but we sure as hell know how to pick them! Both Ana and Novak have really grown abd become totally and utterly fabulous!

I always picked my players fairly early and they all achieved great things: Marat, Rafa, Nole... :worship:

Zahirah! Gulbis has a great future ahead of him! :D

savesthedizzle
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I always picked my players fairly early and they all achieved great things: Marat, Rafa, Nole... :worship:

The last player I picked as a baby before Novak was Roddick :tape:

But I plucked Viktor out of obscurity too, mind you :) :p He will rise to great things :p

fangirl
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM

Well, I picked Andy early, but he is starting to prove my theory wring lately ;)

JustDoIt
01-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I am so happy for Novak, especially when I see that pic of his family :awww:

silverwhite
01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I was just gone for 5 days and woah... :eek:

Seems like Nole's been on fire at the AO. Yet to drop a set. :worship:

Lossi
01-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I had to text my dad the result :haha:

My father, the Djokotard :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
01-25-2008, 12:25 PM
My mom didn't leave for work until he had won :rolls:

kirkicica
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
from the interview

Q. Can you solve an argument I'm having with a commentary colleague. Do we pronounce your name Djokovic or Djokovic?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You still don't know how to pronounce my surname. Djokovic. It's very difficult for you, right (smiling)?

I find this quite funny :rolls:

it's hard to do it in a transcription, but Djokovic or Djokovic? :lol:

savesthedizzle
01-25-2008, 12:35 PM
:lol:

Jelena_78
01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
from the interview

I find this quite funny :rolls:

it's hard to do it in a transcription, but Djokovic or Djokovic? :lol:

:lol: :rolls:

Novakito!!! I'm still so excited! :woohoo:

This great feeling ain't stop for some time...and hopefully we'll all celebrate during weekend!:p :dance:

Saumon
01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Q. Are you surprised to be sitting here as the winner of that match?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, honestly, everything is going so fast for me. As I was saying, if you tell me at the start of last year that I will play four consecutive semifinals in Grand Slams and two finals, I would accept it right away. That's no doubt.

So I can say that it's a little bit surprising. But, again, I've been working very hard in the past year and a half, so it's paying off right now.

Q. Your form under pressure, is that a factor that pleased you tonight?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes, that was one of the positive facts, I think, in tonight's match. I was able to deal with the pressure in the best possible way. And if you do that against the best player in the world, you know, you should get the positive outcome, which resulted of course with the win tonight.

I'm very happy that in crucial moments my serve was serving me, and it was probably my best element in the game tonight in the important moments. So it is a positive thing for the future.

Q. What do you think you actually gained from having the experience of playing him in the US Open final that you brought onto the court tonight?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: As I was saying before, you know, you always learn something from the matches against Federer or Nadal or whoever you play. And obviously everybody was trying to figure out the way they can win against Roger.

I knew that I have to believe in myself on the first place, and I have to be positive on the court, not nervous, just to stay with him all the time, and be aggressive. That's what I did tonight. You know, I showed some impressive tennis throughout all these two weeks, but I'm very, very especially happy with my performance tonight.

Q. What was going through your mind being down 5‑3 in the first set?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, as I said, you know, I was just trying to keep the momentum, you know, just keep it going, not to think about the circumstances, you know, I was a break down, I'm already looking at the second set.

No, I was trying to really focus and play basically every point every game. And only in that way, you know, I was able to win in the straight sets.

Q. Why did you say that you had the feeling to play against two opponents at the end of the game?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Actually, no. Today it was quite difficult for me. You know, it's understandable crowd was a little bit more for him, because he's defending champion and No. 1 player of the world. But, you know, hopefully it's going to be better in the next match. That's what I hope for.

But as a finalist and as a pretty much experienced player I've been through a lot of situations like this, so this is another big experience for me, playing in front of a full house. You can't have always a crowd behind you. So we'll see what happens on Sunday.

Q. Did you feel Federer was the same player that you played in New York?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I didn't pay attention on him too much, you know. Was he performing the same way in US Open and here? I can't say exactly right. Why? Because I was performing better.

I was more patient and I didn't allow him to be aggressive and to play his style. So I was the one who was in the control of the match, so I think I deserved to win.

Q. What do you make of the last 24 hours when you've done what you've done to Federer and Tsonga did what he did to Nadal? Is it a very significant moment, do you think, in men's tennis?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think it is. I think every sport is waiting to have some new faces on the tour. Tsonga is coming up. He's just amazing athlete. He's been performing some impressive tennis in these two weeks ‑ as I did. I didn't still lose even a set here in Australian Open, which is amazing.

It's gonna be interesting very much to see, you know, young players playing against each other. Obviously, we will not have anything to lose. We will have, you know, motivation more, even though looking at the rankings I would be the favorite.

But it's finals, so anything can happen.

Q. At what point in the match did you feel like, yes, this is in my control; he's not going to come back; and if I continue to play at this level this will really be mine, this victory?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I was feeling it from the first moment. I was trying to feel it from the first moment, you know. Just as I said to keep that positive line and positive thoughts in my head all the time and not to have so much ups and downs in my game, which I did in our past matches.

You know, in these important moments, especially in US Open, I wasn't able to stay focused. I think I was more afraid of winning a set or a match, so that cost with a loss in this US Open, even though I think I played really, really well.

So as I said, I learned and I took out of that match a lot of things that I need to change so I could get a positive outcome. Today I was into the match all the time. On the start I was pretty nervous, you know. I knew that if I start to play a little bit worse, you know, if I start to make some unforced errors he's gonna use it right away. That's why he's No. 1.

So he was a break up, but I managed to come back. I think this was the turning point in the match. Since then I really tried to relax and be aggressive.

Q. I think Kuerten was the last player who won three sets to love with Federer, but I don't remember ever Federer losing four times his serve in five consecutive games. When he was up 5‑3 he lost on the 10th game, the 12th game. Then he lost again on the fourth game of the second set and then again on the fifth. Do you think that it was that you were serving pretty well or that he wasn't serving that well?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Do I need to say anything else? Stats say it all. I was intending to be from the start aggressive, especially on his second serve. And, you know, I was well‑prepared for the match. You know, if he wasn't serving, of course he had problems, he was struggling with the serve. Why? Because I made a lot of pressure. It's not because he was struggling.

You know, if you put pressure on somebody it's not easy to maintain the consistency of the serve.

Q. It's the first time in almost three years that Federer is not in a Grand Slam final. For you it's a big achievement. What does it mean for the world of tennis?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I just said, you know, it means a lot to see some new faces in the finals, some adidas players, of course (laughter). I think adidas will be very, very happy to see us playing. Happier than us probably (smiling).

But, yeah, you know, it's amazing for the sport. I think the dominance of Federer and Nadal, as well, especially in the men's tennis, was just amazing the last couple of years. So I think it's great for the media, for tennis lovers all around the world, to see something new.

Q. You said your ambition was always to be No. 1. Having watched Roger handle this pressure, knowing the way you've been gunning for him, can you imagine what it's like to be him?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think that's a question for him. That's not a question for me. But he knows it best 'cause I never been in his situation. Hopefully I will.

Q. What I mean is that kind of pressure. You're talking about pressure in a match.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, pressure is something which is natural. I mean, if you don't have pressure then something is wrong with you. As a professional tennis player, as a top ‑‑ one of the top players in the world, you always have a lot of expectations and a lot of pressure on your back. You know, you should get far in the tournament, you should win the tournament.

He's a special case because he's expected to win everywhere he goes on any surface. So it's not easy, of course. But for me was the less pressure maybe today 'cause I was playing against a better‑ranked player, you know. But I really wanted to win. I didn't have anything to lose. I was just, you know, going for the shots.

Q. Does it change anything, because you were always the underdog in those big matches so far?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Till this year, right (smiling)?

But, yeah, it's kind of strange, you know. As a 20‑year‑old you get to the finals of a Grand Slam as a favorite, which is a little bit strange for me.

I feel confident about the final, though. I mean, as I said before, finals is something that is very special for any player to achieve and to get to that stage. And, of course, you're gonna forget about all the problems, all the energy losses or whatever. All the past matches. You're just going to give it all because it's the last match and it's a Grand Slam.

I think both of us would be very, very happy to hold that trophy. So it's gonna be interesting to see who is going to deal with the pressure more better and who is going to perform better.

Of course, looking at the stats, he only, I think, lost a set or two, you know, throughout all the tournament, and I haven't lost even one set. So we'll be pretty fresh for that final.

Q. You're a player that knows how to use emotion to play better. Did the crowd motivate you just like the time violation seemed to motivate you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, my brothers told me actually now just 10, 15 minutes ago, It's great that you got the violation. You started playing better. But I wasn't thinking at that moment in that direction, you know. I was a bit frustrated.

But, you know, it's all sport. In that moment, sometimes you can't control it. And why I was maybe taking too much time, which is not something strange for me, though, because I was, you know, trying to relax, you know, get focused, to get some energy, get some air, be fresh for every point. I wasn't really trying to, you know, get him out of the momentum or something like that. It's not in my head.

But referee, I think the only slight mistake of the referee is that he did it on the very crucial point and very crucial moment. So it could go either way. It was 5‑3 and deuce in second set. That's a bit difficult moment to give a code violation to somebody.

Q. Have you seen any Tsonga matches? Were you surprised?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, of course. I've seen many of his matches. As I think everybody, I was impressed with the way he plays. Obviously, as he was saying on the interviews after the matches, you know, he's just living the dream. For him it's a great achievement.

You know, I'm happy to play with some younger player, you know, somebody else. So we never played against each other, so it's going to be a new experience. You know, what a way to play, you know, in the finals of a Grand Slam.

He was really playing well, especially in the semifinals. Nothing to lose. Something like that I might expect in the finals. But I'll try to recover and get the tactic ready with my coach.

Q. Your opponent has 24 hours extra to prepare. Is that a significant advantage, do you think?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, more time you have to ‑‑ the more time off you have I think is better for everybody, but I don't feel too tired and exhausted. You know, I won all my matches in straight sets. Even though today I'm mentally pretty exhausted. I'm still on the court, in the match, you know. I'm very, very happy.

But tomorrow is another day. It's good that I can have a day and a half of rest and preparation, and I'm sure we gonna both be very fresh for the match.

Q. Do you feel like your experience in big matches will work for you on Sunday, given that he's played so few matches because of his injuries and you've played a lot more and played in a Grand Slam final before?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: With the way he played I don't think so. No, I mean, you can say, looking at the stats and past tournaments in the past year and a half or two, I have more experience in these important matches, and I have been already in the Grand Slam finals.

But, as I said, it doesn't mean that it's going to be crucial at that stage, you know, in the match, 'cause it's very dangerous to play against somebody who is first time in a Grand Slam final who has nothing to lose. So I think he's going to go for the shots.

Q. Can you solve an argument I'm having with a commentary colleague. Do we pronounce your name Djokovic or Djokovic?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You still don't know how to pronounce my surname. Djokovic. It's very difficult for you, right (smiling)?

Q. Did you speak to Janko at all?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: He's at the moment on the place where I, as well, wish to be, where I started playing tennis. He's in a mountain resort doing snowboard.

Q. You wish to be there now?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I'm joking. Of course, I wish to be here and finish it off. It's amazing feeling to be in the finals.

I'll join him after the finals, after I come back there. Yeah, I spoke to him. He said, you all know, I mean, you played against Roger many times. He gave me a lot of support, so it's nice.

The part on how to say his name is weird in the transcript indeed. :lol:

I like the part on adidas too. :p But he is right, Nadal/Fed finals are always Nike vs Nike so adidas must be more than happy.

CassL
01-25-2008, 12:55 PM
OMG, I did think Nole would win, but not in straight sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Anyway, congrats Nole. I was a little worried about his form at the end of last yr.

Golfnduck
01-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Good job Novak!!! :yeah: I was excited to see that he could hold everything together and take Roger out in straights.

jeahhh!
01-25-2008, 02:01 PM

I was going to say the same thing:tape:

So my internet and cable went out like 10 minutes after the match ended,so all I can say is that it's a good thing he won in straights. I would have gone crazy if the match was going on. :p

I feel like I'm dreaming and this isn't really all true :awww: *pinches self*

Saumon
01-25-2008, 02:09 PM
BTW, where is Milan? I haven't seen our favorite webmaster in ages. :awww:
And can you guys access Novak's site? I wouldn't be surprised if it was down. Safin's biggest fansite couldn't handle the number of visitors when he won the AO. :o

PennyThePenguin
01-25-2008, 02:24 PM
How do you do that? I mean the capital letter for every word? :p

think he/she tried to type all in caps ;)

savesthedizzle
01-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I was having severe difficulties with the site earlier.

Saumon
01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Damn those BW jumpers! :ras: :p

kirkicica
01-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Damn those BW jumpers! :ras: :p

:awww:
okay, I'll crawl back to my cave.

PennyThePenguin
01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: FINALLY!!!!
I dind't get to watch the match unfortunately. DARN, was at work. BUT 'TIS GREAT NEWS!

and I was going to say something else. but I can't remember what so I'll try to remember and come back later

savesthedizzle
01-25-2008, 02:40 PM

:hug:

amdany
01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
thanks for the interview Gab:hug:, :rolls:at the Adidas part

Jelena_78
01-25-2008, 06:06 PM
BTW, where is Milan? I haven't seen our favorite webmaster in ages. :awww:
And can you guys access Novak's site? I wouldn't be surprised if it was down. Safin's biggest fansite couldn't handle the number of visitors when he won the AO. :o

It was down actually!!! Poor Milan was nervous...so many people went to site...:tape:

Now everything is ok!!!:)

Jelena_78
01-25-2008, 06:07 PM

O-ho-ho!!! New avy! ;)

:p :aplot:

kirkicica
01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
O-ho-ho!!! New avy! ;)

:p :aplot:
It was about time, besides my avatar didn't actually have a point since I post only where there are no mean people :D

RonE
01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Hiya everyone :wavey:

I just wanted to congratulate your man on an awesome win today. He played lights out tennis and fully deserves his place in the final :hatoff:

Best of luck to McNoleo in the final.

jeahhh!
01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

neenah
01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Okay...I'm so pumped for the final. :p

Nole has totally proven himself, as if what he's done in the past ten-ish months hasn't been enough. :D

adynadal
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
:eek::worship::kiss::drool::drink::bowdown: :bounce: :woohoo::scared::crazy::crazy::crazy::rocker: :banana: :aparty::inlove::crying2::spit:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!
I CRIED,I LAUGHED,I DANCED,I SCREAMED,I COULDN`T BREATHE,I COULDN`T WATCH AND AT T5HE END I CRIED AGAIN AND I COULDN`T BELIEVE MY EYES!THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT CAN DESCRIBE SUCH HAPPINESS AND RESPECT AS THE ONES I FELT TODAY!LIFE CAN BE SO BEAUTIFUL!

Scotso
01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm still riding a high. :D

I'm so excited for both finals.

Scotso
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM

He did! :D

the_natural
01-25-2008, 09:14 PM
How do you do that? I mean the capital letter for every word? :p

Holy Crap I Never realised that i did that ANd i was doing that just now, lol Umm i was really Upset about Nole losing the Bps I guess i get like that when im upset (instead of everything capitals), my pinky seems to Float to the caps lock hehe

Jelena_78
01-25-2008, 09:50 PM

I just wanted to congratulate your man on an awesome win today. He played lights out tennis and fully deserves his place in the final :hatoff:

Hiya!!! :wavey:

Thanks! :hug:

Jelena_78
01-25-2008, 09:51 PM
:eek::worship::kiss::drool::drink::bowdown: :bounce: :woohoo::scared::crazy::crazy::crazy::rocker: :banana: :aparty::inlove::crying2::spit:

I CRIED,I LAUGHED,I DANCED,I SCREAMED,I COULDN`T BREATHE,I COULDN`T WATCH AND AT T5HE END I CRIED AGAIN AND I COULDN`T BELIEVE MY EYES!THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT CAN DESCRIBE SUCH HAPPINESS AND RESPECT AS THE ONES I FELT TODAY!LIFE CAN BE SO BEAUTIFUL!

OMG Ady!!!
Where have you been?!
We missed you!
We have some job to finish tomorrow night;)

Ajde!

Magenta
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
The part on how to say his name is weird in the transcript indeed. :lol:

I like the part on adidas too. :p But he is right, Nadal/Fed finals are always Nike vs Nike so adidas must be more than happy.

:lol:

Never thought of that, but adidas is overjoyed. Jo, Nole and Ana. Whoever wins Adidas wins!

Lee
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM

Ron, you need to drop by more often :devil: :lol:

madbox
01-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Amazing match this morning, he looks ready to take one. If the final is anything like the show put on by each during both semis... can't freaken.wait.

GO NOLE

Lee
01-26-2008, 12:29 AM
I was amazingly calm through out the match. For reason unknown, I felt Roger would be broken when he served for 1st set and same for Nole in 2nd set. Then in the TB, I knew Nole would win the point at 6-5 on Roger's serve.

jitterbug
01-26-2008, 01:23 AM
:eek: :bowdown: :eek: :bowdown: :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
01-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Lee, you must have a sixth sense :eek:

Lee
01-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Lee, you must have a sixth sense :eek:

I do :p But not very reliable. Not as consistent as Nole's groundstroke. More like Venus's serve in her early days. :tape:

the_natural
01-26-2008, 06:34 AM
I just can't believe it. I'm still in shock, I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning smiling. :D

Post match comments:

Mirka looked pissed at the potential loss of new louis vuittons.

Rasheed should never be allowed near a microphone again.

Nole still hasn't dropped a set.

Djole is still as cute as ever.

I know the reason I dont want that Guy near a mic again, but why do you think he should never go near a mic again?

Scotso
01-26-2008, 06:35 AM
So many Tsonga bandwagoners on the boards right now. :lol:

neenah
01-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Whyyyyyy did I stay up so late to watch the doubles final when I KNOW I now have to endure two consecutive sleep-deprived nights? :( Oh, what I put myself through during Grand Slams.

Why can't the men's final be earlier like the women's?

Scotso
01-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Because we don't want Nole to have to play in the heat. :p

My sleeping schedule is so screwed up. Luckily I can try to repair it soon, just one more really late night.

Ajde Nole! :rocker2: make it worth it.

neenah
01-26-2008, 06:46 AM
My sleeping schedule involves sleeping from 10:30-6:15 on weeknights and...anywhere from 1-3 until 8 or 9 on weekends. :tape:

Tomorrow night will be different though. I'll sleep first then get up. Staying up from 8am-6am for Fed/Tipsarevic was...not fun.

Ajdeeeeee!!

I'm going to sleep. :p

Scotso
01-26-2008, 06:50 AM
I'll probably try to sleep most of the day and stay up all night. :p

Goodnight :wavey:

Scotso
01-26-2008, 06:57 AM
go Bernard! :D

just wanted to say that before I tried to go to bed. :wavey: :p

Cat123
01-26-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm avoiding GM, it's making me nervous!!! :lol:

I need to go and buy an alarm clock today. I usually use my phone but it decided to break on my yesterday and there's no way I'm missing this!

Maya_4
01-26-2008, 11:01 AM
For us in Serbia it's great that the final is at 7:30,because in Serbia it's 9:30 in the morning!:DSo I can sleep FINALLY!:lol:It was two very long weeks for me,but it was great!;)
AJDE NOLE:D

Anne-Claire
01-26-2008, 12:02 PM
GO NOLE :bounce: :bounce: Good luck for the final!!!!!!

fangirl
01-26-2008, 12:28 PM
In good news, my timesozne is getting the match live, so I can sneak online between sets without being spoiled!

Cat123
01-26-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm glad this final's on at a respectable time!!! I got home from a party last night at 2, terribly drunk and very sleepy, but I stayed up to watch the girls!! Well, I say 'stayed up', I fell asleep before the end of the 1st set and woke up a few games from the end. :rolleyes:

Medina
01-26-2008, 01:11 PM
im not going to miss the final.. :o.. i need to watch it :lol:

so far my pics have lost. Ana, Vika/Peer. ?clement/Llodra..

GOOOO Nole :D!

neznana
01-26-2008, 04:36 PM
I can't wait for this FINALE!!!!
I BELIVE IN NOLE!! SO HE'LL WIN!!!!!!!
ajdeeeeeee NOLY!!!

adynadal
01-26-2008, 05:24 PM
OMG Ady!!!
Where have you been?!
We missed you!
We have some job to finish tomorrow night;)

Ajde!

i`m always here!i`m!really!i haven`t missed to read a single post but now i have so much work to do with the official site!the fans are getting more and more with every single day!it`s unbelievable!!!
i must admit that all day i`m trying to ignore the thought about tomorrow but it`s getting harder and harder!at the UO it was defferent because we all were prepared for the eventual loss but this time it`s different!Nole wants to win sooooooo badly and i don`t see him getting so easy over it this time.let`s hope eniether he nor we will have to!
i believe in him so much!!!
AJDE,MAJSTORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOZES!!!!!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

amdany
01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
For us in Serbia it's great that the final is at 7:30,because in Serbia it's 9:30 in the morning!:DSo I can sleep FINALLY!:lol:It was two very long weeks for me,but it was great!;)
AJDE NOLE:D

same timezone here, Ajde Nole!!!

Björki
01-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I am worried :scared:

maybe because I so much want Nole to win.

savesthedizzle
01-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I am worried because Novak has never played him. That's what really scares me.

With Roger he knew what to do, he was able to make a plan and follow it :unsure:

Lee
01-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I worry about Tsonga too. Too many unknowns. But Nole is smart and can adjust his game plan. He needs to play very good defense on Tsonga's serve and if he can get an early break, he may be able to deflate Tsonga.

Lee
01-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank God it's a night match.

Scotso
01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm glad the time works out so well for many of you. :p For us U.S. east coasters, it's 3.30am :p

Scotso
01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I am worried because Novak has never played him. That's what really scares me.

With Roger he knew what to do, he was able to make a plan and follow it :unsure:

No doubt Nole and his coach have seen Tsonga play this entire tournament. They know what to do.

Tennis-Chick
01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm glad the time works out so well for many of you. :p For us U.S. east coasters, it's 3.30am :p

:hug: It's 8.30am for me :P

I tried to stay up this morning to watch Ana (started at 2.30am my time) but I was just too tired :lol:

maria_marie
01-26-2008, 07:58 PM

congrats dear that was actually one of the rare occasions when I cheered for novak! Since I couldn't see you online on skype I wish you much fun (and little waste of nerves) during the final and let the better win!

Swirl
01-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Can someone tell me what time the final starts, I'm in the UK i don't wanna miss it!

savesthedizzle
01-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Can someone tell me what time the final starts, I'm in the UK i don't wanna miss it!

8:30 am for you :) :wavey:

Swirl
01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
8:30 am for you :) :wavey:

Thank Ya :wavey: An early morning on a Sunday for me then!

savesthedizzle
01-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Thank Ya :wavey: An early morning on a Sunday for me then!

Try getting up at 3:30 am like I'm going to have to :rolls: :tape:

Lee
01-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Try getting up at 3:30 am like I'm going to have to :rolls: :tape:

Or stay awake at 1:30am in the mountain time zone :sobbing:

After watching the SF match vs Roger, I stayed awake until 6am to wake up my son for school then went back to sleep after 7am. :tape:

njnetswill
01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
I guess I am staying up late. I'm on the Pacific coast so only 12:30 for me. :p

madbox
01-27-2008, 12:12 AM
I don't mind going to bed at 7am. Not at allllll. :D

neenah
01-27-2008, 02:23 AM
I think I'm going to sleep before the final, but depending on how long it is I may or may not go back to sleep...AO kills my schedule. :rolls: But I can't imagine being a tennis fan in that time zone for the rest of the year.

Medina
01-27-2008, 02:33 AM
:( the final starts at 7:30 pm here. Thats my bed time :sad:

Lossi
01-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Getting up at 8:30am wouldn't be a problem for me if I didn't go to bed at nearly 4am every night now :rolls:

I'm really worried about Tsonga :tape: Someone who Nole's never played, who's on fire and has no pressure on them.

Lee
01-27-2008, 04:01 AM
I am saving the laundry to be done during the match so when I get really nervous, I can get up and have something to do :tape:

Scotso
01-27-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm going to try to avoid the internet during the match, because I go crazy and it makes me even more nervous.

But I wanted to post a last good luck for Novakito. :D ajde!

Jelena_78
01-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Good luck Novak!!! Ajde!

savesthedizzle
01-27-2008, 07:23 AM
My stomach is going crazy :awww:

Beforehand
01-27-2008, 07:25 AM
I love you all. As always, I miss you, even if my Roger love makes me forget to post with you kids.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TONIGHT/THIS MORNING!

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:25 AM
This is my first post on this board but I figured it would be a good time to post!

I am so nervous, but he is going to do it!

fangirl
01-27-2008, 07:26 AM
HELLO YOU!

I know who you are ;)

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey Kellie! GGMBers stick together :)

savesthedizzle
01-27-2008, 07:28 AM
I love you all. As always, I miss you, even if my Roger love makes me forget to post with you kids.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TONIGHT/THIS MORNING!

:wavey:

This is my first post on this board but I figured it would be a good time to post!

I am so nervous, but he is going to do it!

Welcome!

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Has the pre-final press conference transcript came out yet with Novak? I can't find it anywhere.

Saumon
01-27-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm so nervous!

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Here we go! Let's go Nole!!!!!

How weird that the crowd isn't behind him? Usually the crowd adores him!

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Gooo Nole :D!!.. wathcing now..

No stupid Drop Shots please :angel:

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Here we go! Let's go Nole!!!!!

How weird that the crowd isn't behind him? Usually the crowd adores him!

its understandable.. In Australia its known for them to always go forunderdog

example... Fed against Nole

or last year.. Pin against Maria..

Saumon
01-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm not surprised they are for Tsonga. I kinda expected it.

Before the match they shoed a mini clip of Tsonga saying that he and Nole get along well. :inlove:

Marko :hearts:

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:46 AM
ya i like how nole says Good luck at the start of the match.. Its very kind of him

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Ok break straight away Nole :lol:

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Tsonga has such a low toss on his serve. It's strange..

30-30

Medina
30-40 :rocker2:

mtdashkin
Break point!

Saumon
Where is Mila? I hope she managed to get out of bed. :tape:

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:49 AM

:haha:

1*-0

Saumon
01-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Commentator: "we have seen Djokovic's parents cheering him as hard as possible"
Escude: "VERY hard"
:tape:

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:51 AM
i love these commentators.. theyre so stupid

15-15

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Beautiful!

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:52 AM
(of course beautiful is referring to Novak's shot and Novak in general) :)

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:53 AM
What a wild forehand :tape:

30-40 :eek:

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:54 AM
1-1 :o :o

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 07:55 AM
I hate listening to the commentators..but I have to agree that if Tsonga keeps hitting it up the middle he will run into trouble.

neenah
01-27-2008, 07:56 AM
I just got up. :p

Ajde! :D

fangirl
01-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Gooo Nole :D!!.. wathcing now..

No stupid Drop Shots please :angel:

If I see a single SerbianDropShotOfDoom tonight, I will quite possibly cry.

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:58 AM
If I see a single SerbianDropShotOfDoom tonight, I will quite possibly cry.

:speakles: We all will

Medina
01-27-2008, 07:59 AM
30-0 :D..

Nice Forehands now :D!.. its back

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 08:00 AM
There we go Nole...he seemed nervous but he is doing better.

fangirl
01-27-2008, 08:01 AM
its understandable.. In Australia its known for them to always go forunderdog

example... Fed against Nole

or last year.. Pin against Maria..

Yep, pretty much. It is nothing personal against Novak but I just hope it doesn't get under his skin enough to rattle him. And with that said, Aussie Crowds are generally really polite and like Novak and will still cheer for him a fair bit :)

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Nice seve to save a break point

it wont affect Nole

fangirl
01-27-2008, 08:02 AM
:speakles: We all will

Is it going too far to say that I want to ban all Serbians from doing drop shots?

fangirl
01-27-2008, 08:03 AM

I don't think she is awake! I messaged her on MSN a couple of times and no answer, and Mila ain't no snob so she must be asleep.

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Kellie- if I am this nervous watching tennis I cannot imagine how I am going to be watching the Olympics!

Saumon
01-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I don't think she is awake! I messaged her on MSN a couple of times and no answer, and Mila ain't no snob so she must be asleep.

yeah, same thing with me. That's why I'm worried. If she doesn't wake up soon, she'll never forgive herself. :awww:

fangirl
01-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I think I will be watching the Olympics with my head under my pillow and sneaking occasional looks through the gaps between my fingers ;)

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Morning all!!! :D

Novak, stop with the drop volley. I'm begging you. :rolleyes:

Edit: Wow. He made one. :bounce: :lol:

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 08:17 AM
A drop shot that worked?? Okay..don't get too comfortable with it Nole..

Björki
01-27-2008, 08:19 AM
good morning :wavey:

adje Nole :rocker2:

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:21 AM
im back :D!

Nole Break :rocker2:

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Long. Crap. :rolleyes:

I'm so nervous!! More nervous than I was against Fed. The BBC commentators are talking about being suprised that Nole's nervous. I'm not really, Tsonga has nothing to lose.

Björki
01-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Tsonga 4-3*

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm nervous that he is using too much energy and will start getting those breathing problems when the third, or even the second set rolls around.

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Have you heard about their prep for the final? Tsonga was up and hitting at 9am. Sounds like the preparation of someone who'll crumble in the latter stages of a match.

One hopes :rolleyes:

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:25 AM
40:30 Ajde Nole

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Deuce Ajde Bre

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Ad Nole Ajde

Maya_4
4;4 Break Him Nole Now!

Björki
4-4

I am also nervous :scared:

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:28 AM
That Was Nice 15:15 Ajde

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:29 AM
5:4 Tsonga

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Tsonga has never played a 5 set match. :lol: It's inbcredible this guy got so far. Respect. :worship:

But you ain't going any further :devil:

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 08:31 AM
What happens with the time violation? Do you get fined after so many, or does it start going against their score?

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:32 AM
0-30..

dont give him the set :rolleyes:

Björki
0-30 :help:

Maya_4
0;30 This Is Not Good:(

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
15-30 :D nice points

:help:

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Ajde Noleeeeeeeeeeeeeee 30;30

Björki
01-27-2008, 08:34 AM
30 all

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:34 AM
30-30.. Please Nole :bowdown:

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Set point. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Björki
Nole :mad:

SP Tsonga

Maya_4
That Was Bad!i Don't Like This Tsonga:(

Medina
This guy has to much luck.. Im sick of him

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:36 AM
See what i mean :rolleyes:

mtdashkin
No no no no no

Sorry I liked Tsonga before this match. But not anymore. I don't care how flashy he is.

Björki
Noooooooooooooo what a point for tsonga

4-6

Maya_4
FUCK:(:(:(:(
WHY NOLE WHYYYYYYY?:sad:

Cat123
Oh Novak, you should have killed that ball... :( The one that brought up SP that is.

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:38 AM
This guy has to much luck.. Im sick of him

Me too!:(But next set is our!AJDE

mtdashkin
And I am also SICK of hearing these boxing comparisons.

Any news as to why mama Novak was complaining?

Herdwick
I can't bear this...

Medina
He over reacts to much. His like Nadal

And another stupid Drop Shot :rolleyes:

fangirl
01-27-2008, 08:39 AM
*headdesk*

Maya_4
THERE IS AGAIN THAT STUPID DROP SHOT:rolleyes:

Cat123
Oh god. I have bad feelings...

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:40 AM
He is not playing his best tennis yet,I hope!

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:41 AM

me to :rolleyes:

Herdwick
01-27-2008, 08:41 AM

Me too - I can't stand that he lose to this guy...

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Sorry but Mama Novak shouldn't really complain as long as they are not saying anything inappropriate.

Maya_4
Wake up Nole!

fangirl
I can't watch right now.

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:43 AM
What a wild Forehand.. :eek:

15-30 :tape:

Cat123
He killed the king!!! He can't go out to *him* :(

He's playing like he's shell shocked that he lost a set. Get over it boy! He's hitting wild balls all over the place. Argh.

Björki
what is he doing? :help:

mtdashkin
Yup..I am going to bed and am going to wake up in an hour. I seriously cannot bear to watch.

GO NOLE! Step it up and make us proud!

Herdwick
01-27-2008, 08:44 AM
He is sooooo nervous...

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:44 AM
2 drop shots in a row?! Not I'm shell shocked :lol:

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:45 AM
It worked :eek:

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Tsonga's serve is so good now!:(But not for long!:devil:

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:46 AM
What a challenge by Tsonga :haha:

40-15.. he needs to step it up a notch

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:47 AM
It's working everything for Tsonga,I can't believe it!:(

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:48 AM
If Tsonga wins this (if!) everyone's going to start saying he's the next Federer. I couldn't stand that. :( Novak just HAS to win!!! :devil:

Björki
01-27-2008, 08:49 AM
this Tsonga is good. I know why I was scared about today

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
15-30 :tape:

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
I can't stand this.

Nole needs his fight back. I want a few Adje fist pumps! :sad:

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:51 AM
30-30 Good..

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:51 AM
If Tsonga wins this (if!) everyone's going to start saying he's the next Federer. I couldn't stand that. :( Novak just HAS to win!!! :devil:

Yeah thats so stupid I think he is going to suck the rest of the year,like Baghdatis!
Ajde Nole win this set now;)

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Yeah thats so stupid I think he is going to suck the rest of the year,like Baghdatis!
Ajde Nole win this set now;)

Baggy didn't win though. I wouldn't have minded that, in fact, I would have loved that!! But...

Hold from 0-30. Yeah baby!

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Break now please!

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:53 AM
:woohoo:

well break now 15-0

Maya_4
15;15

Maya_4
Challenge is good!:worship:

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:54 AM
30-30

What a Nice pass :D!

Cat123
YES!! That was awesome!

Maya_4
30;30 Great point AJDE

cindygermanier
01-27-2008, 08:55 AM
30-30 come on Djoko !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maya_4
Deuce!ajdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Medina
Duece :D!>.

Great!

Cat123
01-27-2008, 08:56 AM
He seems to have got his fire back. COME ON!!! :fiery:

Medina
01-27-2008, 08:57 AM
nah Tsonga Holds

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 08:57 AM
O Men I Can't Believe It!stupid Tsonga And His Serve!

cindygermanier
01-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Djoko on the other hand has sorrow on its service Jo does not have any of it!:mad:

c'mon Djoko

Cat123
01-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Hold to love!!

Björki
3-3

Medina
3-3..

Please Nole

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 09:01 AM
This Tsonga is like Sharapova in the final against Ivanovic,her serve was great and Ana didn't have much break points!:(

Medina
-15 :d!

Björki
break him now Nole

*0-15

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 09:02 AM
15:15

Medina
01-27-2008, 09:02 AM
15-30

Björki
01-27-2008, 09:03 AM
*15-30

cindygermanier
15-30

Maya_4
Just one break please Nole and everything is going to change!AJDE

Medina
15-40!!!!

Björki
2 BP

take one!!!!!!!!!!!! please

Maya_4
Toooooooooooooooooo Care Ajde Bre

Medina
01-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Brokkkkkkkkkkeeeeeee!

Björki
yes broken

*4-3

now hold

Cat123
HELL YEAH!! :woohoo:

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 09:05 AM
THAT'S IT!AJDE NOLEEEEEEE:worship::worship::D

cindygermanier
01-27-2008, 09:05 AM
that will be hard on its service

Herdwick
01-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Please hold for God's sake...

Cat123
A break isn't a break until you hold. But I'm less nervous now!

Medina
Hold Nole.. Make that Tsonga Shutup.. He annoys the shit out of me

fangirl
AJDE! Now just hold serve and keep some momentum going and Kellie will be a very happy cookie. Please?

Medina
Lol what a Lame Attempt of Tsonga.. To change pase.. Just hit straight at Nole Lol..

15-0

Maya_4
Please Hold Now Pleaseeeeeeeee!15:0

Medina
01-27-2008, 09:07 AM
D-fault :eek:

Herdwick
Why did they show his dad walking up the stairs?

Björki
Hold :armed:

mtdashkin
I am so nervous that I keep turning off the tv. And then 5 seconds go by and I can't take it anymore so I take a peak..and then turn it back off :) It's gonna be a long match lol

Cat123
01-27-2008, 09:08 AM
DF :confused:

Medina
15-30

cindygermanier
15-30

Maya_4
That Stupid Serve Is Not Working:(ajde Sad!

Medina
30-30

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 09:09 AM
30-30

Björki
01-27-2008, 09:09 AM
30 all

ace him

Cat123
01-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Where's his serve gone?!

Though Tsonga made errors there.

Björki
5-3* :)

Medina
5-3

Maya_4
BRAVO!Break him again now!

mtdashkin
01-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Yes! Tsonga is having a lot of errors..keep it up Tsonga :)

Herdwick
01-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Now break the bastard again - sorry but I don't like him...

Medina
01-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Break again.. You want to serve first

Maya_4
Ajde Ajde Ajde Ajde!

mtdashkin
Shit..threw a break away.

Björki
Nole *5-4

serve it out

cindygermanier
01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
5-4 attention on its service now

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Now break the bastard again - sorry but I don't like him...

ME TOO!;)He is like OOOO LOOK AT ME I'M THE BEST,I'M GOING TO WIN AO!:(

Maya_4
01-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Please Hold Now For The Love Of God!

Cat123
01-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Jo, the ball's meant to go OVER the net! :devil:

Björki
Nole 6-4 :banana:

Björki
3 Sp

Herdwick
Yessssssss

Maya_4
That's it!Bravo!I knew it's going to be just one break and everything is much better!:D

mtdashkin
Set! Alright, Tsonga isn't doing too hot and Nole has the momentum! GET HIM!