Discuss the separate livescoring thread here please! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Discuss the separate livescoring thread here please!

Deboogle!.
01-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Hello lovely people,
Before the AO I wanted to start a poll to see what you guys think. Did you like having the separate thread for livescoring during DC? Do we want to try it for the AO and see how it goes? Yes? no? Maybe? Please vote and discuss :)

Tytta!.
01-09-2008, 08:55 PM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

kaylee
01-09-2008, 09:18 PM
psst Re is sleeping!!!!

cath777
01-10-2008, 01:26 AM
I know I don't post here that often, but I do lurk a here a fair bit, so thought I'd throw in my two cents. A live scoring thread is a good idea, to avoid cluttering up other threads. It would be nice if the first post could have an update on around which post starts a new match, incase someone wants to read about a particular match, assuming that isn't too time consuming to do for the thread starter :angel:

Deboogle!.
01-10-2008, 02:38 AM
I know I don't post here that often, but I do lurk a here a fair bit, so thought I'd throw in my two cents. A live scoring thread is a good idea, to avoid cluttering up other threads. It would be nice if the first post could have an update on around which post starts a new match, incase someone wants to read about a particular match, assuming that isn't too time consuming to do for the thread starter :angel:oooh that's an excellent idea and could easily be arranged :) thanks :)

tangerine_dream
01-10-2008, 03:58 AM
I agree that having one scoring thread instead of separate scoring threads for each slam/season would work out just fine.

Deboogle!.
01-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Maybe I should clarify, I didn't mean one scoring thread for the whole year, I meant keeping the actual scoring, as in "30-0" and "Andy's staying back too much" separate from the actual event discussion where we post the news, pics, interviews, analysis, schedule, etc. The Marat forum has done it and I've talked to Jiat and she says it works. I think it worked pretty well for DC but since the US won their matches relatively easily and there were only 3 of them, it didn't really get tested too much but I think during slams and other tourneys where Andy's playing every day or two, it gets very hard for people who aren't here for a day or two to catch up on the news and pics within all of the hundreds of livescoring posts.

So we'd still have separate threads for each season, but all of the actual livescoring would be in one thread. Am I making sense? And if this isn't how people understood it, if you want to change your vote now that I have explained it more clearly, just let me know, as we'll decide what to do based on the poll results here by Sunday (US time)

tennis lover
01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I voted yes just because, on a personal note, I'm not going to follow the matches live at the moment and it's not fun to have to search through all of the "break, Andy!" type posts and stuff to find actual information on how well he is playing and he press conferences and everything. :)

Fee
01-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes, I vote for a live scoring thread, but perhaps instead of one massive thread, we should consider doing them seasonally as well. Just a thought. :)

acoffeygirl
01-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I voted based on what you described Deb....I'm all for a Livescoring thread separate from the tourney threads etc...

Deboogle!.
01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes, I vote for a live scoring thread, but perhaps instead of one massive thread, we should consider doing them seasonally as well. Just a thought. :)Yeah, that's another option

I voted based on what you described Deb....I'm all for a Livescoring thread separate from the tourney threads etc...alright, cool :)

It looks like it's overwhelmingly in favor of at least trying it for the AO. What i'll do is put the post # in the thread title itself for where each new match starts, should someone get home or wake up after a match and want to "re-live" it, and then those like Jo and others can go to the actual tourney threads to discuss.

After the AO in that off-week before DC, I'll have another poll and see what people think and we can then address whether we want to have just one thread or seasonal ones too.

Sound good?

Tytta!.
01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
yup momma :zzz:

Breakaway
01-11-2008, 05:51 AM
I don't really post on MTF or around here that much anymore, but I do like the idea. I think it would help alleviate some clutter in the tournament threads as was said already. :)

Deboogle!.
01-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Well of course as we all know Andy didn't last as long as we were hoping or expecting so we didn't get to try the scoring thread for too long, but what did you guys think? Did it work, not work? Did it make things clearer, or more confusing?

Do we want to keep it all in this thread all season long or do we want to have 'companion' scoring threads for each season?

Don't think it's necessary to start another poll, but if you'd all voice your opinions/thoughts/concerns here (or PM me if you'd prefer), then we can make a decision before Davis Cup. Please post, even if it's just to agree with someone else or something, so we can get a good idea on what the majority feeling is. Thanks all :D

Tytta!.
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Me wants livescores threads, doesn't have to be for each tornament but as long as we have them I'm okay with it. :p

:zzz:

Hi Deb. :D

kaylee
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I agree with Re. Hi Deb and Re!

Fee
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I like the live scoring thread, it kept the tournament thread much 'cleaner'.

But really Deb, why did you even ask. You know we're all just sheep and we do whatever you say. I don't even get dressed in the morning without calling you. This poll was just window dressing right? ;) :lol:

Tytta!.
01-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Sheep? Oh.

Deboogle!.
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I like the live scoring thread, it kept the tournament thread much 'cleaner'.

But really Deb, why did you even ask. You know we're all just sheep and we do whatever you say. I don't even get dressed in the morning without calling you. This poll was just window dressing right? ;) :lol::spit:

tennis lover
01-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I agree. Even though we didn't get to try it out for very long :( it worked well and made it much easier to find whatever it was I wanted to find! and since the post number is in the title for each match, I think just keeping the one scoring thread is enough. :)

blosson
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
It turns out this scoring thread is very short. Andy :o

snaillyyy
01-21-2008, 01:26 AM
I like having the scoring thread, makes the other one easier to navigate. One scoring thread is fine with me:)

Kate87
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Although I voted for the Lets try it option I fully support it now:)

Deboogle!.
01-30-2008, 11:39 PM
OK since there hasn't been any further discussion on this in over a week, I'm going to assume that people's opinions haven't changed, so we'll go ahead and have our 2008 Scoring thread. I will update the first post for each match with the post # where the next match will start and I will also edit the first post and keep a running list of each match too, so at any time people can find a particular match, should they want to.

I know that right before/after a match it's a little weird/confusing to know, when do we move to the live scoring thread, when do we move back to the tourney thread, etc. So how about to make it easier, we literally have the scoring thread for scores only. So right until the players come on court, stay in the tourney thread and right after match point, go back to the tourney thread, and I think that should work and alleviate some of the confusion.

I'll unstick this but if anyone has anything else to add, speak up :)

Tytta!.
01-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Obrigada, mom! :D

tennis lover
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
OK since there hasn't been any further discussion on this in over a week, I'm going to assume that people's opinions haven't changed, so we'll go ahead and have our 2008 Scoring thread. I will update the first post for each match with the post # where the next match will start and I will also edit the first post and keep a running list of each match too, so at any time people can find a particular match, should they want to.

I know that right before/after a match it's a little weird/confusing to know, when do we move to the live scoring thread, when do we move back to the tourney thread, etc. So how about to make it easier, we literally have the scoring thread for scores only. So right until the players come on court, stay in the tourney thread and right after match point, go back to the tourney thread, and I think that should work and alleviate some of the confusion.

I'll unstick this but if anyone has anything else to add, speak up :)
I agree that that is a little bit confusing. I think scores only is good, but does that include discussion during the match about how well he is playing and stuff as well, or just actual scores? :scratch:

Tytta!.
02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
During matches you can discuss it all in the scoring thread. When the match's over, you go back to the thread itself and discuss how good/bad he was etc again. :p