The "Say What You Want" Thread.... [Archive] - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

The "Say What You Want" Thread....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

sigmagirl91
01-01-2005, 09:35 PM
No idea what time David was born though I'm afraid!

I thought he was born in the afternoon.

sigmagirl91
01-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I wonder at what hour he was born...he could have been one of the first babies in 1982 :)

I'm sure that the hospital would have that on record.

Fedex
01-01-2005, 09:38 PM
I know what you mean Rosie. I thought it might be interesting to have you're birthday on January 1st, but I myself, would rather have my birthday far from from the Holidays, which it is.

sigmagirl91
01-01-2005, 09:39 PM
I know what you mean Rosie. I thought it might be interesting to have you're birthday on January 1st, but I myself, would rather have my birthday far from from the Holidays, which it is.

Mine is a couple of days before St. Patrick's Day, so it's somewhat close to a holiday-besides I get that time off for Spring Break. Woo hoo....

Fedex
01-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Mine is a couple of days before St. Patrick's Day, so it's somewhat close to a holiday-besides I get that time off for Spring Break. Woo hoo....
Which means you're birthday is close to mine (Mine is March 8th). Yes, yours is very close to St. Patricks day, but mines more than a week before St Patricks day, so I am not super close to a holiday.

jazz_girl
01-01-2005, 09:54 PM
My birthday is on July 10th and our independence day is on the 9th, so people usually calls me the 9th thinking that's the day :rolleyes:
It's even worse for a friend of mine, she was born on Feb. 29th!

Fedex
01-01-2005, 10:02 PM
My birthday is on July 10th and our independence day is on the 9th, so people usually calls me the 9th thinking that's the day :rolleyes:
It's even worse for a friend of mine, she was born on Feb. 29th!
My sister was born on July 6th, and our Independence day is on the 4th, so you can imagine how she feels.

sigmagirl91
01-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Which means you're birthday is close to mine (Mine is March 8th). Yes, yours is very close to St. Patricks day, but mines more than a week before St Patricks day, so I am not super close to a holiday.

Are you older or younger than me? Hee hee...I'll be 34 my birthday.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Are you older or younger than me? Hee hee...I'll be 34 my birthday.
About a week older.

sigmagirl91
01-02-2005, 01:40 AM
About a week older.

OK, then we can have a birthday thread when it's time.

bovenbuuf
01-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes, it's shit especially when it could have been prevented.

Btw, have you sent in your Rebound Ace points for the ATP game, the big launch isn't far away. :)
yes I all gave the stuff to Tijn.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 09:57 AM

Well I'm, on May 3rd which means I'm very close to what we call our Early Spring Bank Holiday. It's meant to commemorate Mayday, but we just have it on the first Monday in May instead of shutting everything down on May 1st, so I have quite a high chance of getting my birthday as a day off work :)

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I am not saying when my birthday is, but once it's over I might say what month.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 10:05 AM
I am not saying when my birthday is, but once it's over I might say what month.

Why not - are you scared of all the fan mail ;) I would take a wild guess and say it's probably early in the year - January or February - because I see you as an Aquarian.............but then again - I'm probably wrong!

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Why not - are you scared of all the fan mail ;) I would take a wild guess and say it's probably early in the year - January or February - because I see you as an Aquarian.............but then again - I'm probably wrong!

Scared about some things, but I am not sure about fan mail though. :) You can guess as much as you like.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Well I'm, on May 3rd which means I'm very close to what we call our Early Spring Bank Holiday. It's meant to commemorate Mayday, but we just have it on the first Monday in May instead of shutting everything down on May 1st, so I have quite a high chance of getting my birthday as a day off work :)
Then I suppose you wont be going to the Rome Masters this year??

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Then I suppose you wont be going to the Rome Masters this year??

Of course I will - what better place to spend my birthday than in Rome watching David! And - GWH - I didn't think you were scared of anything :angel:

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Of course I will - what better place to spend my birthday than in Rome watching David! And - GWH - I didn't think you were scared of anything :angel:

2004 was a good birthday for you this is true. Yes, of course I am scared of things, too many actually.

Choupi
01-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Yes, of course I am scared of things, too many actually.
A myth has just fallen apart... ;) don't you agree with me Rosie? :)

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 10:49 AM
A myth has just fallen apart... ;) don't you agree with me Rosie? :)

No - it takes a REAL man to be strong enough to admit that he is scared of things ;)

Fedex
01-02-2005, 10:49 AM
That should be nice, especially since you will be visiting such a historical city on your birthday. :) I just hope the tournement goes a bit more smoothly than last year.

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 10:51 AM
That should be nice, especially since you will be visiting such a historical city on your birthday. :) I just hope the tournement goes a bit more smoothly than last year.

When are you going to watch some proper tennis in Europe then Fedex?

I mean the summer claycourt events are real fun, and the TMS ones are good as well.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 10:51 AM

Well David got to the final last year -so that was pretty good - just want him to go one better in 2005!!

Choupi
01-02-2005, 10:57 AM
No - it takes a REAL man to be strong enough to admit that he is scared of things ;)
That's exactly the answer I was waiting for... ;)

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Well David got to the final last year -so that was pretty good - just want him to go one better in 2005!!
Yes, that would be a nice birthday present, and as unrealistic as it is, woulden't it make the victory all the better if David roasted the Duck in the finals? :) :)

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Duck doesn't go down very well in Rome.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Yes, true, Rosie, and I will admit to being scared of certain things. I, for instance, am horrified that my country can be so full of such morons, that they would re elect that vile thing known as Bush. That is my primary fear, and you can add spiders to that list as well.
But, alas, there are still plently of good people to talk about, like the man who runs the site thats in my signature.

*Ljubica*
Yes, that would be a nice birthday present, and as unrealistic as it is, woulden't it make the victory all the better if David roasted the Duck in the finals? :) :)

Not sure I want the Duck near me on my Birthday - he might put me off my birthday cake!!

Fedex
Duck doesn't go down very well in Rome.
I think Canas would beg to differ. :)

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Not sure I want the Duck near me on my Birthday - he might put me off my birthday cake!!
Dont worry. As long as you dont share the same hotel, you'll be fine.

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I think Canas would beg to differ. :)

I meant he doesn't play well and Cañas was in ordinary form in that match, and he still never looked like losing.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Yes, true, Rosie, and I will admit to being scared of certain things. I, for instance, am horrified that my country can be so full of such morons, that they would re elect that vile thing known as Bush. That is my primary fear, and you can add spiders to that list as well.
But, alas, there are still plently of good people to talk about, like the man who runs the site thats in my signature.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having fears/phobias and admitting to them - I'm absolutely terrified of thunderstorms and I'm not so keen on flying either (especially long-haul flights). Problem is, in our society, it's socially acceptable for women to admit to fears, but more difficult for men.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Problem is, in our society, it's socially acceptable for women to admit to fears, but more difficult for men.
Its a general, but true statement, but men also tend to have bigger egos, so it makes it more difficult to admit to having fears or phobias.

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Its a general, but true statement, but men also tend to have bigger egos, so it makes it more difficult to admit to having fears or phobias.

Very true and the fact that women have a higher pain threshold as well makes it humorous in a way.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Very true and the fact that women have a higher pain threshold as well makes it humorous in a way.

And must say it's nice to see a man admit to that one. Don't they always say that if men had to have children there would be an awful lot of one-child families in this world! :)

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 11:32 AM
And must say it's nice to see a man admit to that one. Don't they always say that if men had to have children there would be an awful lot of one-child families in this world! :)

There are enough fools on the planet, not just in this forum, but if men had children it would only be worse than it is now.

Choupi
01-02-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with having fears/phobias and admitting to them - I'm absolutely terrified of thunderstorms and I'm not so keen on flying either (especially long-haul flights). Problem is, in our society, it's socially acceptable for women to admit to fears, but more difficult for men.
Of course, there's nothing wrong in admitting you have your phobias...it simply shows that you're human and that you assume them...
Personally, I'm arachnophobiac, yes, Fedex, you're not alone. I suffer vertigo and it is quite a shame when you know that I have to cling firmly to the ladder when I do DIY at home...I tell you it is rather comic for those who happen to witness the situation, but it's a real pain for me! It leaves me only one free hand to work...And I also fear the storm, but mostly because I can't erase from my mind that terrible one which caused so many damages out here in 99, right after Xmas. I can't sleep if I hear the wind blowing outside!

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Personally, I'm arachnophobiac, yes, Fedex, you're not alone. I
I woulden't necessarily call this a phobia, but I am certainly not a 'spider lover', and I even find it difficult to kill them. I just dont want to be around them. I hate spiders, yet I dont mind snakes; Thats wierd, I guess, but I do have more respect for spiders now that I've seen all the good things they do. They kill those annoying pests, like mosquitoes and flies, and I've even tried purposely letting spiders in my house, just to get rid of them.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:38 AM
There are enough fools on the planet, not just in this forum, but if men had children it would only be worse than it is now.
So, GWH, where do I post my tournement commitments?

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 11:41 AM
So, GWH, where do I post my tournement commitments?

Try these links.

Surface Points

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=21474

Committments

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=21473

Choupi
01-02-2005, 11:49 AM
I woulden't necessarily call this a phobia, but I am certainly not a 'spider lover', and I even find it difficult to kill them. I just dont want to be around them. I hate spiders, yet I dont mind snakes; Thats wierd, I guess, but I do have more respect for spiders now that I've seen all the good things they do. They kill those annoying pests, like mosquitoes and flies, and I've even tried purposely letting spiders in my house, just to get rid of them.
My fear of spiders is so strong that when I happen to see one, I'm like paralysed...I can't move any single part of my body. If nobody's there to kill it, the situation is very embarassing...

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 12:12 PM
My fear of spiders is so strong that when I happen to see one, I'm like paralysed...I can't move any single part of my body. If nobody's there to kill it, the situation is very embarassing...

I understand what you mean Choupi! I quite like spiders and snakes personally - but my fear of thunderstroms is so bad that once, (when one started while I was on the bus coming home from work) - I actually spent 2 hours on the bus going round and round the town rather than getting off at my stop, because I was too scared to walk through the storm from the bus stop to my house! And if one develops when I'm working, I actually get sent home because I'm too hysterical to work - but someone has to take drive me because I won't drive in them or walk to the bus stop!! And - yes - before anyone asks - I have tried many "cures" including hypnotherapy (even Valium from the Doctor),but nothing has ever worked, and I am only grateful that England has no more than 2 or 3 storms each year -sometimes not even than many - which is a great relief to me!

Choupi
01-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I understand what you mean Choupi! I quite like spiders and snakes personally - but my fear of thunderstroms is so bad that once, (when one started while I was on the bus coming home from work) - I actually spent 2 hours on the bus going round and round the town rather than getting off at my stop, because I was too scared to walk through the storm from the bus stop to my house! And if one develops when I'm working, I actually get sent home because I'm too hysterical to work - but someone has to take drive me because I won't drive in them or walk to the bus stop!! And - yes - before anyone asks - I have tried many "cures" including hypnotherapy (even Valium from the Doctor),but nothing has ever worked, and I am only grateful that England has no more than 2 or 3 storms each year -sometimes not even than many - which is a great relief to me!
Well Rosie, I do have my own embarassing situations too...as I told up above, I'm paralysed by spiders. And one day, I was at my dads and I found one on the wall in my bedroom. Of course, being paralysed doesn't help me from shouting! So that my bro, who is now well trained to my phobia has run into my room with the firm intention to kill the beast. But he failed... :confused: and the spider has escaped...he has spent almost 45 minutes trying to locate it..with no success...I was about to decide to sleep on the couch in our sittingroom when a sudden frightening idea crossed my mind...And what if the spider had hidden in my bed? It was totally nonsense, replied my bro but I've begged him to check...and guess what? IT was there, right in the middle of the bed, quietly warmed up under the sheets... :confused: I'm convinced from now on that spiders feel my phobia and do all they can to increase it...And don't even think about telling me it's non sense...

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi guys!!!
I stayed up till 4 am to watch the mix doubles in the Hopman Cup and it was fun! LOL It was really fun to watch Gisela and Coria together, or as they call it here, The Beauty and the Beast LOL!
Anyway, while I was watching it, the comentators remembered David's birthday and they said that when they interviewed him a few years ago, he said he was very happy to turn in that day. The commentator couldn't understand, cause it usually gets overshadow, but David said it was great cause he always had fireworks and huge parties. He thought everyone was celebrating for him, when he was a kid. Just like Mrs Guga said! LOL

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 01:56 PM
That is harsh Coria is not a Beast, a weasel yes, but not a beast at all. I saw a bit of the play and he seemed to move well, but my interests lie elsewhere at the moment.

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 02:14 PM
He played alright, not great.
But I think Gisela played much better in doubles than in singles, and her returnrs to Sanguinetti's serve was amazing.
Hey, I'm watching a Gastón interview and he's talking about his match to David and how he felt. It's very interersting, let me finish watching it and I'll post it :)

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 02:20 PM
When he was playing David he wasn't nervous at all, he was enjoying the moment. But knowing that he was playing so well against David made him realize he was play great tennis. He said great things of David, and that after the match he thanked David because for the first time he was in a GS final and not him.
Then he said that in the final match, he knew Coria was gonna fight in the fifth set, he was sure of that. And he was mentally prepared for it. And that he wouldn't change anything in the world for that moment because it was the happiest of his life.

Action Jackson
01-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Yes, I will going soon, so I will read it later and appreciate your translation work as usual.

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 02:48 PM
There's an interview with David now, talking about how he's handling his dad's death.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 02:59 PM
That is harsh Coria is not a Beast, a weasel yes, but not a beast at all. I saw a bit of the play and he seemed to move well, but my interests lie elsewhere at the moment.

Can't he be a Beast :devil: and a weasel :devil: And I think that story about David as a child is really sweet. You can kind of imagine his Mum telling him all the fireworks were for him so he didn't feel left out!!!

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 03:07 PM
He said a lot of interesting things, they'll repeat the interview and I'll try to take pics of it so you can see how he is. He seems slimmer.
He said that it was very hard for him to accept the death of his dad, and that it's very hard for him to stay in focus in a match, cause his mind starts going somewhere else. But he's been working too hard in the pre-season and can't let that affect him. The journalist asked him to ask for three wishes for these holidays and he said that these holidays are too hard for him and his eyes were full of tears, so the jouranalits told him, to think of it in the professional aspect and he said: "I want to be among the first 3, fighting for the N°1 spot. Win a Grand Slam, and the big goal is the DC because we deserve it." And he smiled.
Then he talked about his year, he started well and felt great in Australia, till he was beaten by Federer, and he can make two balances in the year: one bad because of all the injuries and another one good because he's still a top ten in spite of everything. And that he's happy that even though it was a very irregular season, he was able to come back strong every time, and he has to thank his family for that cause they are great and always give him the best advices.
He didn't listen to the comments made after the Olympics, beacuse he knows that that people don't know anything about tennis.
He was happy to play in Argentina in Copa Argentina, cause he could felt the warmth of the people in his difficult situation and he was missing it cause he didn't play here in a long time.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks Jazz. Do you know if there is anywhere we can watch the repeat of the interview on-line?

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 03:28 PM
They'll repeat it at 2pm, and David started talking in the second part of the show, so I guess he'll be on around 2:30. You can watch it online at: www.tn.com.ar :)

Björki
01-02-2005, 03:28 PM
thanks Jazz :)

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 03:30 PM
They'll repeat it at 2pm, and David started talking in the second part of the show, so I guess he'll be on around 2:30. You can watch it online at: www.tn.com.ar :)

Thanks Jazz - so that's 5.00pm - 5.30 pm here. I'll make sure I'm there!

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 03:30 PM
You're welcome guys! :)

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 03:33 PM
They'll also repeat it at 9pm, but I guess that's too late ;)
I'll make some caps so everyone can enjoy him.
I noticed him kind of sad, but still confident. I hope he can find strength to keep fighting, I'm sure his family will be there to support him as always.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 04:34 PM
:devil: :devil: Well I've never had problems watching that channel before - but today :sad: - I couldn't connect to the link at all :sad: Ah well - I'll just have to wait to see Jazz's pictures!

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Try again, David's interview hasn't started yet! www.tn.com.ar

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Try again, David's interview hasn't started yet! www.tn.com.ar

:sad: No - it keeps on giving me this message that either the URL, the link or the server are incorrect!!! Could possibly be the weather here - we have massive gales and rain storms now that are causing some structural damage -and they're telling everyone to stay indoors :eek: may be something to do with that!?

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Don't worry, I took a lot of pics and they're pretty good. I'm copying them now and I'll post them here soon :)

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Don't worry, I took a lot of pics and they're pretty good. I'm copying them now and I'll post them here soon :)

sigmagirl91
01-02-2005, 07:04 PM

Those pics are great, by the way, and he looks great-as usual.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Try these links.

Surface Points

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=21474

Committments

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=21473
Thanks.

sigmagirl91
01-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I think I'll take a nap now. I'm so tired. Talk to you all later.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 07:38 PM
:wavey:

*Ljubica*
01-02-2005, 07:45 PM

:wavey: Well I'm going to sleep now too - so I guess I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. It's still quite early here (only coming up to 9.00pm - but I've been fighting against a sore throat and a headache all day, and I'm pretty sure I'm developing a temperature now because I can't stop shivering and aching :sad: I actually feel like s***, so I guess I'm coming down with a chill or a fever or something, and the best place for me is bed with a hot water bottle and some paracetamol. Have fun tonight whatever you're doing :)

Fedex
01-02-2005, 07:49 PM
:wavey: Well I'm going to sleep now too - so I guess I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. It's still quite early here (only 9.00pm - but I've been fighting against a sore throat and a headache all day, and I'm pretty sure I'm developing a temperature now because I can't stop shivering and aching :sad: I actually feel like s***, so I guess I'm coming down with a chill or a fever or something, and the best place for me is bed with a hot water bottle and some paracetamol. Have fun tonight whatever you're doing :)
:hug: Get better, Rosie. You know I did have a terrible cough (really really bad) for about a month, since Thanksgiving, but I survived so I know you can. :) Yes, rest is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Hope you feel better soon.

Choupi
01-02-2005, 08:38 PM
:wavey: Well I'm going to sleep now too - so I guess I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. It's still quite early here (only coming up to 9.00pm - but I've been fighting against a sore throat and a headache all day, and I'm pretty sure I'm developing a temperature now because I can't stop shivering and aching :sad: I actually feel like s***, so I guess I'm coming down with a chill or a fever or something, and the best place for me is bed with a hot water bottle and some paracetamol. Have fun tonight whatever you're doing :)
Yes Rosie, Fedex is right, your bed is the best place for you now...hope you'll get better tomorrow! :D

jazz_girl
01-02-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry to hear Rose, I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

sigmagirl91
01-02-2005, 10:38 PM
:hug: Get better, Rosie. You know I did have a terrible cough (really really bad) for about a month, since Thanksgiving, but I survived so I know you can. :) Yes, rest is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you feel better soon.

-ernie-
01-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Get Well Very fast! :D :wavey:

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm shocked, just a bit, at how fast the tennis off season went this year. Already tournements are starting again tomorrow.

sigmagirl91
01-02-2005, 11:26 PM
I know--wow, things do go by really fast. I'm astounded. And I have to be back at work on Thurs.

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Christmas break went by too fast for my liking though. But I am happy that tennis is starting again. :)

Iza
01-02-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm so excited too! I realy can't believe that Doha, Adelaide and Chennai are really starting 2moro!
BTW, do u know what tournament David begins with in 2005?

Fedex
01-02-2005, 11:54 PM
He starts in Kooyong.

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
I felt it was fast as well!!! I feel it was yeaterday when he last played in Basel...

sigmagirl91
01-03-2005, 05:24 AM
Yeah, and I can't wait for Kooyong to start.

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey guys - thanks for your nice words :) I've just got up after 14 hours sleep :eek: and to be honest I still feel pretty lousy :sad: but I don't have to work today, so I'll stay in the warm all day with the computer and the Doha TV coverage and hopefully feel better tomorrow. Like Fedex says - I'll get over it - it's nothing serious, - just a fever of some kind - and if I don't feel better tomorrow I'll just gave to stay off work for a day. Thanks for your concern everyone.

bovenbuuf
01-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Good to hear you are feeling better Rosie!

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear Rosie, I hope you feel better soon!

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear Rosie, I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Jazz - worst thing is they were meant to be showing Doha live on TV this afternoon, and I was really looking forward to it, but seems we just have ski jumping :sad: So I am sitting here with the heating turned up full and loads of blankets wrapped round me watching these strange men jumping off a ramp in the snow and hoping Roger Federer will start soon!

Choupi
01-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks Jazz - worst thing is they were meant to be showing Doha live on TV this afternoon, and I was really looking forward to it, but seems we just have ski jumping :sad: So I am sitting here with the heating turned up full and loads of blankets wrapped round me watching these strange men jumping off a ramp in the snow and hoping Roger Federer will start soon!

Rosie, glad to read that you're a little better... :) But I'm surprised. Are you talking about Eurosport? Coz here we have the scheduled coverage...JUst saw Lopez win and now it's Roger playing.

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Rosie, glad to read that you're a little better... :) But I'm surprised. Are you talking about Eurosport? Coz here we have the scheduled coverage...JUst saw Lopez win and now it's Roger playing.

Yes - we do have Eurosport but it's our own version called British Eurosport. And I know the lucky rest of Europe has Roger's match because I'm following it on the tournament thread, but Greg Rusedski's match starts when Roger finishes,so our coverage won't start til then!! :devil:

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, they promised Hopman Cup here and Doha too, and I'm not watching any of them :mad:

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Well, they promised Hopman Cup here and Doha too, and I'm not watching any of them :mad:

Well our coverage has just started - but instead of showing Roger (or even Rusedski) live - we're getting a repeat of Volandri/Lopez :devil: :devil: Unfortunately British Eurosport sucks BIG TIME :devil: :devil: - I can't bear to think that they are our only provider of the Australian Open this year :eek: :eek:

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm sure when this channel said that they were showing Doha and the Hopman Cup, they meant they were only gonna show the matches in which an argentine was playing :rolleyes:

bovenbuuf
01-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Well our coverage has just started - but instead of showing Roger (or even Rusedski) live - we're getting a repeat of Volandri/Lopez :devil: :devil: Unfortunately British Eurosport sucks BIG TIME :devil: :devil: - I can't bear to think that they are our only provider of the Australian Open this year :eek: :eek:
Really sorry to hear Rosie.. we did had Roger indead at Euro. But I am not sure if we are going to see something from the Hopman cup. Hope they do. I heard all week that it was so great what Micha and Peter did, that it was so long ago when we made it to the Hopman cup.. so I do think that at least they could show something off it......

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Really sorry to hear Rosie.. we did had Roger indead at Euro. But I am not sure if we are going to see something from the Hopman cup. Hope they do. I heard all week that it was so great what Micha and Peter did, that it was so long ago when we made it to the Hopman cup.. so I do think that at least they could show something off it......

I think we get the Hopman Cup from Wednesday on Sky - so we will have two tennis channels to choose from :)

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 06:56 PM
It's soooooooo hot in here!!! 36°C :eek:

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 07:16 PM
It's soooooooo hot in here!!! 36°C :eek:

36 degrees :eek: It's about -6 here! LOL!!

Iza
01-03-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm getting coverage of the Hopman Cup now and I'm gettin mad cos Marat lost :rolleyes: :smash:
Ooh it's so hot in Argentina! I dunno the temperature here tho

BTW, how r u feelin' Rosie?

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Rosie, don't you wanna switch places with me? LOL

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Rosie, don't you wanna switch places with me? LOL

No - sorry Jazz - I don't like excessive hot weather! And thanks for asking Iza - I still feel a bit poorly actually :sad: Still got quite a high temperature and my throat is really sore, so I probably won't go to work tomorrow - and have another day at home in the warm. I'll set the alarm and see how I feel in the morning - but going out in -6 with a high temperature like this isn't the cleverest thing - I might catch pneumonia or something!.

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah, you should just stay in bed and rest :)

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, you should just stay in bed and rest :)

But make sure I'm up on time to watch Doha - it starts at 12.00pm here tomorrow - and hopefully might show Gaston :)

Iza
01-03-2005, 07:50 PM
poor u! :hug:

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
I hope they show Gastón tomorrow too. I can't wait to watch some tennis matches! :)

*Ljubica*
01-03-2005, 08:13 PM
British Eurosport's coverage is 5 hours long tomorrow so hopefully they will. But for now I'm going back to bed - talk to you in the morning guys :wavey:

jazz_girl
01-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Good night Rosie! :wavey:

sigmagirl91
01-03-2005, 09:01 PM
No - sorry Jazz - I don't like excessive hot weather! And thanks for asking Iza - I still feel a bit poorly actually :sad: Still got quite a high temperature and my throat is really sore, so I probably won't go to work tomorrow - and have another day at home in the warm. I'll set the alarm and see how I feel in the morning - but going out in -6 with a high temperature like this isn't the cleverest thing - I might catch pneumonia or something!.

Poor you. Take it easy--and have some tea.

taysbest
01-03-2005, 10:34 PM

Hope you are feeling better soon Rosie! Maybe there will be some good tennis on to cheer you up! Get alot of rest too.......:zzz:

liptea
01-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Feel better, Rosie. :hug:

Iza
01-04-2005, 03:24 AM
Good night, every1!

Hopman cup is deadly boring... :yawn: the netherlands vs. usa!! and it's not even raemon sluiter :zzz:

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all your wishes again guys :) I do feel quite a lot better this morning and planned to go to work, but when I got up it was -8 degrees C outside and pouring with icy rain and sleet and a howling gale :devil: so I decided maybe a day off sick wouldn't hurt me. Don't want to catch pneumonia or bronchitis from going outside in that! So I'm taking it easy today - watching Doha on TV! Have to take Wilby to the Vet later for his consultation for his operation :sad: but that isn't til the evening because it was booked for after working hours, so I have a whole day of doing nothing!

Choupi
01-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Have to take Wilby to the Vet later for his consultation for his operation :sad: but that isn't til the evening because it was booked for after working hours, so I have a whole day of doing nothing!
I'll think of you both tonight then... :) fingers crossed!

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I'll think of you both tonight then... :) fingers crossed!

Thanks -and thanks for the PM too :)

taysbest
01-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks for all your wishes again guys :) I do feel quite a lot better this morning and planned to go to work, but when I got up it was -8 degrees C outside and pouring with icy rain and sleet and a howling gale :devil: so I decided maybe a day off sick wouldn't hurt me. Don't want to catch pneumonia or bronchitis from going outside in that! So I'm taking it easy today - watching Doha on TV! Have to take Wilby to the Vet later for his consultation for his operation :sad: but that isn't til the evening because it was booked for after working hours, so I have a whole day of doing nothing!

Good Luck to Wilby, and to you too. Its tough but you both will be ok. All of us here in cyberspace are thinking of you! :hug:

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm sure Wilby will be alright! You'll see :hug:

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks to all my friends in cyberspace!!! I am now watching Santoro v Thomas Johansson - I quite like being home during the day watching temnis - I think I could get used toi t!!!

Choupi
01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks to all my friends in cyberspace!!! I am now watching Santoro v Thomas Johansson - I quite like being home during the day watching temnis - I think I could get used toi t!!!

I'd love to get used to it too....how was Fabrice, my twin? I'm desperatly at work, wondering about how things are going for all my boys...knowing that I'll only be able to see the today's matches tomorrow afternoon, coming back home from work... :sad: But I want to know now...

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 04:35 PM
I'd love to get used to it too....how was Fabrice, my twin? I'm desperatly at work, wondering about how things are going for all my boys...knowing that I'll only be able to see the today's matches tomorrow afternoon, coming back home from work... :sad: But I want to know now...

Fabrice played well and won easily - which is more than I can say for Gaston :sad:

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't think Gastón played badly, I even like his attitude. But this Monfils guys is really good...

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't think Gastón played badly, I even like his attitude. But this Monfils guys is really good...

Yes he is - but I don't like him - too much like Roddick or Hewitt for my liking :devil: Too much shouting and gesticulating for me!

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
LOL! I didn't like the fact that while being French he kept on screaming "Vamos"

taysbest
01-04-2005, 06:15 PM
LOL! I didn't like the fact that while being French he kept on screaming "Vamos"

I have to see this guy play. Here the chance is super slim that any tournament shown on ESPN will show his matches unless it's against Roddick or Agassi.....I'm sure I'll get to see him sooner or later, though I wish Gaston would have won.

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I wanted Gastón to win too...

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 06:44 PM

Yes - they kept on mentioning that on Eurosport. I'm not sure he meant it in a derogatory way to Gaston though - many Europeans are pretty multi-lingual (I say "Vamos" a lot myself and "davai" which is the Russian equivalent :) ), and I dont know what his family background is - he may just feel more comfortable saying "Vamos"!

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Our commentators were saying that he might have caught that while playing a LOT of challengers in Spain last year :)

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi, all. I got my dinette set today-and it looks good.

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
That's great sig!

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Yes - they kept on mentioning that on Eurosport. I'm not sure he meant it in a derogatory way to Gaston though - many Europeans are pretty multi-lingual (I say "Vamos" a lot myself and "davai" which is the Russian equivalent :) ), and I dont know what his family background is - he may just feel more comfortable saying "Vamos"!
ALOT of players are using it now, many who arent spanish :D I think even our commentator called vamos "a universal word" I cant wait till tiger tim starts using it :yeah:

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 07:10 PM
:haha:

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Will Hewitt ever replace his C'mon with Vamos? ;)

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I dont think it would sound good with his aussie accent :(
But it would be hilarious to see either tim or greg use it :D Maybe andrew murrary will because of, all of his training in spain. If i am correct, vamos is also used in the portugese (brasilian language) too?

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 07:29 PM
That word exists in Portuguese, but it's pronounce differently :)

taysbest
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi, all. I got my dinette set today-and it looks good.

thats good Sigma! Glad it looks good. I love redecorating.

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Just for the first time i have looked at your profile picture :) i thought you were like 32 or something jazzer :D and had not seen the photo, it was a nice surprise for both

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Saying that I seemed like 30 something in a forum is actually a compliment, so thank you ;)

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 07:46 PM
I was just looking at your avatar previously and thinking why is she called jazz girl when she is around 30 :P but now i know why

taysbest
01-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Our commentators were saying that he might have caught that while playing a LOT of challengers in Spain last year :)

I hear Vamos said in other sports too. A lot of people speak Spanish so maybe Monfils is learning too. There are lot of Spanish speaking players and all.

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Just for the first time i have looked at your profile picture :) i thought you were like 32 or something jazzer :D and had not seen the photo, it was a nice surprise for both

So what's wrong with 32 Joe :devil: :devil: But - it's OK - you're forgiven - I'm still giggling over the picture you painted of Timmy clenching his fist at Wimbledon and saying "Vamos"!

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Just expected her to be that age ;) nothing wrong there rosie. I wonder when jazz girl will change her name to jazz woman?

taysbest
01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Just expected her to be that age ;) nothing wrong there rosie. I wonder when jazz girl will change her name to jazz woman?

a girl is a girl, no matter what her real age! ;)

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 07:52 PM
I am sure if you called a 45 year old woman a "girl" they wouldnt be too happy :D

taysbest
01-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I am sure if you called a 45 year old woman a "girl" they wouldnt be too happy :D

I got ya- but I would like to be called girl forever. I've been holding at 19 for many years.....

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
a girl is a girl, no matter what her real age! ;)
LOL! That's true!

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I know a few 50 year old that would love it! LOL

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 08:04 PM
maybe calling them groovy chicks would be better :yeah:

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Will Hewitt ever replace his C'mon with Vamos? ;)

Stranger things have happened...perhaps he will....but it will never sound-or look-as sexy and as attractive on him as it does David.

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 08:08 PM
thats good Sigma! Glad it looks good. I love redecorating.

It looks great now. My place feels complete.

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Stranger things have happened...perhaps he will....but it will never sound-or look-as sexy and as attractive on him as it does David.
That's true! :)

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 08:11 PM

They would probably be flattered!!! And I was only kidding with you Joe - I wasn't offended at all. Btw - off-topic, but for all those who were kind enough to ask about Wilby's impending operation - I took him back to the Vet tonight and he doesn't want to operate quite yet because he still has too much of an infection for them to decide the extent of the operation - so it's another course of (very expensive) antibiotics and back for another consultation in 2 weeks.

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Well, I hope it's nothing serious and that he can be alright really soon ;)

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 08:14 PM
They would probably be flattered!!! And I was only kidding with you Joe - I wasn't offended at all. Btw - off-topic, but for all those who were kind enough to ask about Wilby's impending operation - I took him back to the Vet tonight and he doesn't want to operate quite yet because he still has too much of an infection for them to decide the extent of the operation - so it's another course of (very expensive) antibiotics and back for another consultation in 2 weeks.

Awww, Wilby. Get well soon.

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I got ya- but I would like to be called girl forever. I've been holding at 19 for many years.....

So have I--and I plan to hold it for many more.

*Ljubica*
01-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Wilby says thank you :cat: - he's a little sleepy now because he hates the Vet and gets really stressed out and wears himself out :sad: but he's still grateful for your concern! And as for the age thing - I've found the trick is always to date older men so then you always feel young :)

taysbest
01-04-2005, 08:31 PM

I like that! I could go for that.

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 08:33 PM

Now, that's a name that I can dig. I like it, I like it.

taysbest
01-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Wilby says thank you :cat: - he's a little sleepy now because he hates the Vet and gets really stressed out and wears himself out :sad: but he's still grateful for your concern! And as for the age thing - I've found the trick is always to date older men so then you always feel young :)

Glad Wilby is feeling better! Younger men, hairdye and various skin creams all do the trick. I do miss getting carded though. I bought Champagne for New Years and the guy didn't card me- I asked him if he wanted to see some id.. and he said no- you look at least 25 :mad: Then he tried to redeem himself by saying- but you are a very attractive 25. Jerk- but I'm older than 25 so it was ok I guess. He could have redeemed himself and given me the Champagne for free.

joeb_uk
01-04-2005, 08:59 PM
I actually bought my 85 year old nan a mug once saying groovy chick! she loved it :D

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
I am nearing my mid 30s, to be honest, and I am told that I don't look like it. I still get carded; I still get mistaken for a high school student-and that's OK. It's my guilty pleasure-a trade-off for having a positive attitude and a full life. Everyone should be that lucky, no?

taysbest
01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
I think that's cool! You are only as old as you feel. And as groovy as you feel!

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I think that's cool! You are only as old as you feel. And as groovy as you feel!

Exactly. Which is why I'm taking to heart Oprah's insistence to "own your age"-and I will. With great relish.

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 09:20 PM
My mom always forgets her exact age, so she ends up saying she's older and people keeps telling her how great she looks! LOL
But to tell you the truth, she could say she's younger because she looks great! :)

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 09:49 PM
My mom always forgets her exact age, so she ends up saying she's older and people keeps telling her how great she looks! LOL
But to tell you the truth, she could say she's younger because she looks great! :)

Are you sure your mom forgets her exact age? You know, women don't tell their age. My mom looks great at her age-and....she doesn't look her age either, so that's where I get my "good genes" from.

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, she forgets, believe me! LOL She doesn't pay attention to it all, she spent a whole year saying she was a year older till she checked her ID and realized she was younger. She was thrilled! LOL :haha:

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah, she forgets, believe me! LOL She doesn't pay attention to it all, she spent a whole year saying she was a year older till she checked her ID and realized she was younger. She was thrilled! LOL :haha:

I'll bet.

misha
01-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi, all! It's been ages like since my last post, but many things happened in my life and I haven't got any time (and sometimes opportunity). I moved to another city, went to university and stuff...
At the moment I don't even have a TV to watch David's performances, but I hope I'll work this problem out...soon...Everytime David has a match, my brother calls every 5 minutes to keep me informed with the result :)
I haven't forgot you. Missed y'all! I hope the new year will bring me more free time to be able to come here...
Sorry, I forgot...Happy New Year, my friends! I hope there'll be many more smiles and laughs throughout...And, of course, may David be the reason for a big part of them :)Wish you all the best of luck! :)

jazz_girl
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi misha!!! Welcome back, and I hope to see you here more often :hug:

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi, all! It's been ages like since my last post, but many things happened in my life and I haven't got any time (and sometimes opportunity). I moved to another city, went to university and stuff...
At the moment I don't even have a TV to watch David's performances, but I hope I'll work this problem out...soon...Everytime David has a match, my brother calls every 5 minutes to keep me informed with the result :)
I haven't forgot you. Missed y'all! I hope the new year will bring me more free time to be able to come here...
Sorry, I forgot...Happy New Year, my friends! I hope there'll be many more smiles and laughs throughout...And, of course, may David be the reason for a big part of them :)Wish you all the best of luck! :)

Welcome back. Hope to see more of you in the days to come. So, how's it in your new city?

Iza
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey Misha :bigwave: ! Welcome back and Happy New Year to u too!

So. What plans do u girls have for 2005? What tournaments are u planning to go to?

sigmagirl91
01-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey Misha :bigwave: ! Welcome back and Happy New Year to u too!

So. What plans do u girls have for 2005? What tournaments are u planning to go to?

Oh, I have lots of big plans-one of which is to get a teaching job. Now tournaments? I don't know.

Iza
01-05-2005, 12:05 AM
nice plans sigma! my plans are to learn as best as I can and with the smallest effort possible :devil:

*Ljubica*
01-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Welcome back Misha :wavey: it's always nce to see you here whenever you have the chance.

Action Jackson
01-05-2005, 05:24 AM

Monfils is from Martinique, his dad was a pro footballer. Martinique isn't one of the Spanish Carribean islands. :)

*Ljubica*
01-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Monfils is from Martinique, his dad was a pro footballer. Martinique isn't one of the Spanish Carribean islands. :)

Thanks for that info. GWH :) Didn't know his dad was a pro footballer either.

misha
01-05-2005, 09:03 AM
The new city is pretty small and very calm, but it's fun. In the beginning it was very hard for me to get used to their mode of living, because my home town is big, all the time everyone is on a hurry, on a high speed...but it's ok now. :) It's very beautiful. Actually I moved from the sea to the mountains. The city is built on three hills.
The university is a prestigious one, so there are many students. During the vacations there is almost nobody on the streets.
If someone wants to come, just call. Everybody's invited! :)

Choupi
01-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Sorry if it's a little late but I'd like to come back on the famous "Vamos" shouted by Gaël...It wasn't meant to disturb or tease or anything...it's just that that word has become totally part of our language here and though many of us French fellows can't speak Spanish, we use it very often...Only have a look at the official dvd of RG 04, for those of you who happen to have it- and I know some of you must have it!- in the bonus footage, before they entered the centercourt for the final, Fabrice Santoro and Michael Llodra have shouted Vamos very loud to wish them good luck!!!! So answered their trainer!!!

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks a lot for that explaination Choupi!!! :)

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm reading the news and what the articles say about our win against Russia in the Hopman Cup and it bothers me that all the credit goes to Coria. I mean, I understand that he beat Safin and Dulko lost her single match, but she was the best by far in the doubles and drove Marat completly crazy! She broke his service and was the only player whom the service wasn't broken...

*Ljubica*
01-05-2005, 11:15 AM
The new city is pretty small and very calm, but it's fun. In the beginning it was very hard for me to get used to their mode of living, because my home town is big, all the time everyone is on a hurry, on a high speed...but it's ok now. :) It's very beautiful. Actually I moved from the sea to the mountains. The city is built on three hills.
The university is a prestigious one, so there are many students. During the vacations there is almost nobody on the streets.
If someone wants to come, just call. Everybody's invited! :)

So whereabouts are you living now Misha? And Jazz - remember EVERYTHING about Coria :devil: bothers me!

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 11:35 AM
LOL! I don't like him either, but I truly enjoyed his match yesterday. He was very clever, moving well and driving Marat insane.

taysbest
01-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Sorry if it's a little late but I'd like to come back on the famous "Vamos" shouted by Gaël...It wasn't meant to disturb or tease or anything...it's just that that word has become totally part of our language here and though many of us French fellows can't speak Spanish, we use it very often...Only have a look at the official dvd of RG 04, for those of you who happen to have it- and I know some of you must have it!- in the bonus footage, before they entered the centercourt for the final, Fabrice Santoro and Michael Llodra have shouted Vamos very loud to wish them good luck!!!! So answered their trainer!!!

I forgot about that! Yes- it is on the DVD!

*Ljubica*
01-05-2005, 11:39 AM
LOL! I don't like him either, but I truly enjoyed his match yesterday. He was very clever, moving well and driving Marat insane.

Even I could drive Marat insane if he was in the wrong mood :devil:

bovenbuuf
01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok back again. yesterday I had problems with my internet...so it didn't work.
So hope you are feeling better now Rosie and well that the operation with WIlby went Ok

sigmagirl91
01-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm relaxing deeply, since today's my last day of the holiday break. Yeah, I go back to "hell" tomorrow.

taysbest
01-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm relaxing deeply, since today's my last day of the holiday break. Yeah, I go back to "hell" tomorrow.

Enjoy the day. Tomorrow won't be so bad. Before you know it, you'll forget all the fun of vacation and be deeply submerged in the joys of "hell" aka "work". I only vaguely remember my vacation and it was only over a few days ago! Remember to use that positive attitude......

I actually have a quote taped on my computer at work-----

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

I don't know who Herm is but he's ok by me!

*Ljubica*
01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Enjoy the day. Tomorrow won't be so bad. Before you know it, you'll forget all the fun of vacation and be deeply submerged in the joys of "hell" aka "work". I only vaguely remember my vacation and it was only over a few days ago! Remember to use that positive attitude......

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

:haha: :haha: I like that one!

sigmagirl91
01-05-2005, 04:33 PM

I'll use it-along with the "BFD" attitude I already have.

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
:haha: nice quote!!!
I gotta say, I'm melting over here! 38°C and I'm praying now for rain!

sigmagirl91
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM

We have had plenty of it here. I would love to have some of your sun.

*Ljubica*
01-05-2005, 04:42 PM

:eek: :eek: 38 degrees! How do you survive? It hasn't gone above freezing here for weeks now - and I actually prefer it that way!!!

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Well, I'm staying in a room with air conditioner, having a lot of ice-cream, water, etc. And this is the second day in a row I didn't go to the gym...

sigmagirl91
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, I'm staying in a room with air conditioner, having a lot of ice-cream, water, etc. And this is the second day in a row I didn't go to the gym...

No gym for you? Bad, bad girl.

Iza
01-05-2005, 06:52 PM
so hot??? geez I wouldn't change this cool, rainy weather for that hotness!!!

sigmagirl91
01-05-2005, 06:56 PM
I would like to see the sun shine for one day.

Iza
01-05-2005, 07:18 PM
yeah, but not melt me :rain:

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking on going to the pool this week-end, because if the weather is still like this I'll just burn alive!

Iza
01-05-2005, 07:24 PM
good idea, jazz :)

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Actually, the weather's nicer now: 35°C!!! :eek:

Iza
01-05-2005, 07:25 PM
nicer?? holy crap, that is awfully hot!

jazz_girl
01-05-2005, 07:31 PM
I know, but comparing it to a province in the north (50°C!!!), Santa Fe, I have nothing to complain about.

sigmagirl91
01-05-2005, 09:08 PM
I got back from the library, and I only checked out two books-two, I tell you. I usually check out five or more.

taysbest
01-05-2005, 09:49 PM
I got back from the library, and I only checked out two books-two, I tell you. I usually check out five or more.

Why so few? I just finished reading David Sedaris- dress your family in denim (something like that)...it was really, really funny.

justClaudia
01-05-2005, 10:44 PM

You lucky girl!!
How I envy you.. :devil:
Here is sooo cold right now,and I hate cold weather..my feet hurt cause they're always cold,grrr!!
I wish I was in Brazil or somewhere else as long as it's hot :sad:

sigmagirl91
01-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Why so few? I just finished reading David Sedaris- dress your family in denim (something like that)...it was really, really funny.

Cuz our library is suckin' bad.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-06-2005, 06:06 AM
i don't mean to sound like i care so much about David's personal life only, but I do :o ... well, i'm nosy

does he have a girlfriend?

*Ljubica*
01-06-2005, 07:09 AM
i don't mean to sound like i care so much about David's personal life only, but I do :o ... well, i'm nosy

does he have a girlfriend?

Short answer is yes. Her name is Vicky and she comes from Argentina too. They were together for quite a few years - then they split up in March 2003 - and quite recently got back together. There are some photos of her somewhere in the Yahoo Group. Hope that helps.

bovenbuuf
01-06-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking on going to the pool this week-end, because if the weather is still like this I'll just burn alive!
you should come with me Jazz.. This sunday I am going to Heerenveen to Thialf. There will be some speed skating.. lots of ice there!

bovenbuuf
01-06-2005, 08:14 AM
still hot then.. here its now 7 degrees and with some sunshine..

misha
01-06-2005, 09:26 AM
A few days ago I was standing at a bus stop (just having missed my bus, actually), it was freazing cold (probably about 0 degrees C) and I received a message on my mobile from my boyfriend, who happens to be on a holiday in Brazil: "I'm lying here on the beach, soaking up the sun...". What about that!? An irony of the faith maybe! And actually I don't even like going to the beach and I hardly ever do!

*Ljubica*
01-06-2005, 09:43 AM
A few days ago I was standing at a bus stop (just having missed my bus, actually), it was freazing cold (probably about 0 degrees C) and I received a message on my mobile from my boyfriend, who happens to be on a holiday in Brazil: "I'm lying here on the beach, soaking up the sun...". What about that!? An irony of the faith maybe! And actually I don't even like going to the beach and I hardly ever do!

I don't lie on beaches either! Still don't know where you are by the way Misha :)

jazz_girl
01-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I like beaches a lot. I wish I was in one now :)

misha
01-06-2005, 03:45 PM
So, let me explain it properly. I lived in Varna until recently, but moved to Veliko Tarnovo (about 220 km from Varna) in order to study in the local university.

*Ljubica*
01-06-2005, 04:17 PM
So, let me explain it properly. I lived in Varna until recently, but moved to Veliko Tarnovo (about 220 km from Varna) in order to study in the local university.

OK thanks - just being nosey!! For some reason I thought you were in Hungary - but now I know it's Bulgaria :)

justClaudia
01-06-2005, 05:02 PM
I like beaches a lot. I wish I was in one now :)

How I understand you Jazz!!
I would give anything to be in one right now..

This bad weather is killing me :sad:

Ultraman
01-06-2005, 05:29 PM
rain....rain...go away.....come back another day.

jazz_girl
01-06-2005, 06:07 PM
If you don't want rain, please send it here!!! It's 39°C and they're saying it won't rain till tomorrow. I'm melting here!!!!

bovenbuuf
01-06-2005, 06:27 PM
wow its really warm there Jazz.. glad I am not there

bovenbuuf
01-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Nova I now you are very busy now. Thanks for your mail.

Wanted to wish you the best with your exams. Now the last ones are always the hardest but you can do it!
:hug:

Iza
01-06-2005, 06:33 PM
good luck w/your exams Nova :clap2: .Keep my fingers crossed 4ya!

jazz_girl
01-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah Nova! Good luck, I know you can do it! :yeah:

*Ljubica*
01-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Good luck Nova :hug:

sigmagirl91
01-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey, all you good people.

It's starting all over again-spring registration-and the parents and students are already calling.

Just this morning, we got the voice mail of a parent, and here it is:

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeey, sexy.....missed your call. Leave your message after the beep. Your time is my dime. Holla".

Now, what the hell was that? And did we leave a message? Hell no.

sigmagirl91
01-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Best of luck on exams, Nova.

jazz_girl
01-06-2005, 06:44 PM
What's wrong with those people???

sigmagirl91
01-06-2005, 06:49 PM
What's wrong with those people???

Crazy....
We've concluded that the parent is on crack.

jazz_girl
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
LOL! That must be it :)

bovenbuuf
01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey, all you good people.

It's starting all over again-spring registration-and the parents and students are already calling.

Just this morning, we got the voice mail of a parent, and here it is:

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeey, sexy.....missed your call. Leave your message after the beep. Your time is my dime. Holla".

Now, what the hell was that? And did we leave a message? Hell no.
its really a strange message...

taysbest
01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Nova- Good Luck with your Exams....

And what in the world kind of message is that to have? That was the parents message? People are weird. :confused:

sigmagirl91
01-06-2005, 08:06 PM
And what in the world kind of message is that to have? That was the parents message? People are weird. :confused:

That parent is queen of the hood.

justClaudia
01-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Good luck with your exams Nova!

Weird people you have to deal with, Sigma!

misha
01-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I bet that message put a smile on your face... So it's not that bad to have those kind of strange people.

Iza
01-06-2005, 11:12 PM
man, what a strange parent!!! :scared: :scared: all sortsa weirdos lurk around in this world!! :eek: i'm sorry for that kid :hug:

sigmagirl91
01-06-2005, 11:56 PM
man, what a strange parent!!! :scared: :scared: all sortsa weirdos lurk around in this world!! :eek: i'm sorry for that kid :hug:

I said the same thing. These parents are crazy sometimes.

sigmagirl91
01-06-2005, 11:57 PM
I bet that message put a smile on your face... So it's not that bad to have those kind of strange people.

I have strange people I deal with on my job every day.

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi guys! Is anyone around here? Well, I have to be here, is the only way to do something without falling asleep. I have to do a test with only a couple of hours of sleep, so I'm just figuring out a way to stay awake!

Action Jackson
01-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Hi guys! Is anyone around here? Well, I have to be here, is the only way to do something without falling asleep. I have to do a test with only a couple of hours of sleep, so I'm just figuring out a way to stay awake!

Ola jazzita I am around.

Btw, can you send your reactions to Gaston's victory very soon and you can write in Spanish as I will need all of them before I present them to him next week.

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah!!! I'll do that now! I have a lot of time :)

Action Jackson
01-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Yeah!!! I'll do that now! I have a lot of time :)

What is happening is that Adri translated all the reactions that were collected by all the posters. So Gaston can read them in Spanish and I have the original language version as well.

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 08:09 AM
I just did in Spanish, so Adri can have less work :)

Action Jackson
01-07-2005, 08:15 AM
I just did in Spanish, so Adri can have less work :)

Thanks for that it was welcomed.

So what test do you have to do then?

Choupi
01-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi Jazz! wish you good luck for your test...

George, for the compilation, I have mailed Adri the whole English version...I thought it would be much more practical than the numerous PMs I've sent you...Plus she was looking for a presentation and she has found ours was good and decided to keep it.

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 08:33 AM
It's a brain test, they want to see how it reacts while I'm sleepy. So they'll put me a lot cables and I should sleep there for an hour or so. The only think that bothers me, is tha I think I won't be able to stay awake till 11pm to see the Hopman Cup final...

Action Jackson
01-07-2005, 08:37 AM
It's a brain test, they want to see how it reacts while I'm sleepy. So they'll put me a lot cables and I should sleep there for an hour or so. The only think that bothers me, is tha I think I won't be able to stay awake till 11pm to see the Hopman Cup final...

If you were with me I could keep you awake. :p

Seriously Red Bull is good for that, have some chocolate or drink plenty of water, it will be hard to fall asleep too much with that.

Years of experience in this regard.

Choupi, it works and that is the most important thing.

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
The thing is that I also have to take a boold sample in a few hours and I can't eat not drink anything!!

bovenbuuf
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Jazz Good luck today! with the test! :hug:

Action Jackson
01-07-2005, 08:43 AM
The thing is that I also have to take a boold sample in a few hours and I can't eat not drink anything!!

Yes, that's a problem for sure. Has this something to do with the earlier problems you had?

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks boven! :hug:

bovenbuuf
01-07-2005, 08:46 AM
sometimes people are really surprizing you. Yesterday we had this Telethon to raise some money for Asia.. I thought that it wouldn't be that much, but it was 112 million euros.. thought it was really a lot.

bovenbuuf
01-07-2005, 08:47 AM
even harder then to stay awake..

Choupi
01-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Jazz, I'm really with you...hope you're gonna get through...and that the test won't reveal some bad news...fingers crossed! ;)

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 09:20 AM
sometimes people are really surprizing you. Yesterday we had this Telethon to raise some money for Asia.. I thought that it wouldn't be that much, but it was 112 million euros.. thought it was really a lot.
Wow, it is a lot!
Changing the subject, I'm following the live score and Hewitt is losing 6-7 3-5 to Dent :eek:

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Jazz, I'm really with you...hope you're gonna get through...and that the test won't reveal some bad news...fingers crossed! ;)
Thanks a lot :hug:

bovenbuuf
01-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Wow, it is a lot!
Changing the subject, I'm following the live score and Hewitt is losing 6-7 3-5 to Dent :eek:
wow didn't expect that...

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Yes, that's a problem for sure. Has this something to do with the earlier problems you had?
Yeah, it's all the same.

jazz_girl
01-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Massive choke???

bovenbuuf
01-07-2005, 09:53 AM
yeah saw that Lleyton lossed..