The "Say What You Want" Thread.... [Archive] - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

The "Say What You Want" Thread....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

*Ljubica*
12-21-2004, 07:30 PM
lovely cat BTW Rosie ;)
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/tiere/3698.gif

LOL - Iza - he's so cute :)

Iza
12-21-2004, 07:40 PM
his name is Sasha?

*Ljubica*
12-21-2004, 07:49 PM
his name is Sasha?

Yes - this is him again, with my other cat Wilby - I wanted Wilby to get into the Christmas tree picture but he didn't want to play!!!!!

Iza
12-21-2004, 07:50 PM
awww :lol:

Bibir
12-21-2004, 07:55 PM
is there a connection between Wilby and Wimbly? ;)

*Ljubica*
12-21-2004, 08:10 PM
is there a connection between Wilby and Wimbly? ;)

No - Wilby's full name is William Wilberforce :) - he was a British politician. I was reading a book about him when I found Wilby as a stray kitten, so I just called him by that name but it quickly got shortened to Wilby!!!

novanora
12-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Yes - this is him again, with my other cat Wilby - I wanted Wilby to get into the Christmas tree picture but he didn't want to play!!!!!
rosie, they are :hearts::kiss:
are they brothers?

*Ljubica*
12-22-2004, 05:27 AM
rosie, they are :hearts::kiss:
are they brothers?

No Nova - they are not. Sasha did have a brother - but he died from leukaemia when he was a kitten :sad: After that, Sasha was a spoilt "only cat" until I found Wilby - he was a stray and was starving when I found him when walking in the woods near my home one day - as you will see - neither of them are starving now!!!

Action Jackson
12-22-2004, 05:33 AM
Yes, the hippos and Sascha are definitely stars in this thread.

I have to say my favourite cat is the one that was in the TV series "Red Dwarf".

Rosie, thanks for the email.

Sigma, well done on your grades I never see marks that high when I am studying.

jazz, 50 percent is all you need, anymore is 1 per cent too much effort.

boven, congrats on becoming a professor.

bovenbuuf
12-22-2004, 08:24 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo:
Great job. What will you do next?
Thanks Sigma, Iza and GWH

well still moving on;) have to do another course for teaching methodology and well still doing a lot of teaching practise, have to fulfill 40 hours at a school in my own city and after that 60 hours at a school in a city nearby. And i have still to do a research at a school.. so not done yet..

Choupi
12-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Though I'm no regular poster here, I wanted to wish to all of you a Merry Xmas.

And also congratulations to Jazz, Sigma and Bovenbuuf for their great achievements... :worship:

*Ljubica*
12-22-2004, 09:21 AM

And also congratulations to Jazz, Sigma and Bovenbuuf for their great achievements... :worship:

Thanks Choupi - and a very "Bonne Noel" to you as well :)

bovenbuuf
12-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks Choupi! Hope aswell that you have a merry Christmas and a good 2005

sigmagirl91
12-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks Sigma, Iza and GWH

well still moving on;) have to do another course for teaching methodology and well still doing a lot of teaching practise, have to fulfill 40 hours at a school in my own city and after that 60 hours at a school in a city nearby. And i have still to do a research at a school.. so not done yet..

That's a lot. Wow, you will be busy.

sigmagirl91
12-22-2004, 04:31 PM

Thank you, Choupi, and Joyeux Noel.

novanora
12-22-2004, 06:47 PM
I have to say my favourite cat is the one that was in the TV series "Red Dwarf".

:rolls:

bovenbuuf
12-22-2004, 06:47 PM
That's a lot. Wow, you will be busy.
yes it is a lot of hours.. but do think you learn the most when you are teaching these kids.. and now I have a really good teacher who helps me a lot.. gives me a lot of information etc.. So do think you learn more from that, then just reading books about how to become the greatest teacher on earth..

sigmagirl91
12-22-2004, 07:00 PM
yes it is a lot of hours.. but do think you learn the most when you are teaching these kids.. and now I have a really good teacher who helps me a lot.. gives me a lot of information etc.. So do think you learn more from that, then just reading books about how to become the greatest teacher on earth..

That is so true. You'll be a great teacher; just keep doing what you're doing. Next semester, I'll be working alongside a teacher for my writing class, so I'll be learning a lot too.

novanora
12-22-2004, 07:02 PM
you can be both good teachers!!! i am not a patient person, so.....:awww:
i prefer to be a student :lol:

Fedex
12-22-2004, 09:53 PM
If anyone is in the mood for some quality entertainment, you will take a visit to GM, where are good friend CoriaFuck4Ever, is posting some of his well known intelligent posts. :)

taysbest
12-22-2004, 10:26 PM

WOW- There are alot of great accomplishments to celebrate!! Congratulations everyone!
Job Well Done!

justClaudia
12-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Sigma ,Boven and Jazz (hope I'm not too late!),congratulations on your achievements!!
I'm very happy for you!!

Bibir
12-22-2004, 11:29 PM
http://www.longbraid.com/sigtags/MCsparkle.gif

Fedex
12-23-2004, 12:43 AM
This has to be the funniest thing I've read all day. Its from our good friend CoriaFuck4Ever.

"no matter what he wins or not Federer will never be loved the way coria is loved by so many people."

Fedex
12-23-2004, 12:53 AM
:) :) By looking at that picture you would think they were brothers; they are very similar in color. I think I may get another cat soon. My cat, Cinnamon, who I had a very strong bond with, sadly she died last year(due to poison, had to put her to sleep) and my other cat might now be ready for me to get another cat. You know they did not like each other much, but you could tell he was depressed after she died; she was sort of a mother to him, if you know what I mean. I didn't want to rush into getting another cat, but he maybe ready for another one now. :)

*Ljubica*
12-23-2004, 05:18 AM
:) :) By looking at that picture you would think they were brothers; they are very similar in color. I think I may get another cat soon. My cat, Cinnamon, who I had a very strong bond with, sadly she died last year(due to poison, had to put her to sleep) and my other cat might now be ready for me to get another cat. You know they did not like each other much, but you could tell he was depressed after she died; she was sort of a mother to him, if you know what I mean. I didn't want to rush into getting another cat, but he maybe ready for another one now. :)

Oh Fedex - that's so sad - the idea of anyone hurting an animal just breaks my heart - poor Cinnamon :sad: And I'm sure your existing cat would be happy with a new addition to the family. I must admit I was worried about Sasha when Wilby first arrived because he had been on his own for a few years and two male cats together can often have "territorial" problems,- but he accepted him straightaway. Of course they have the occasional little fight (like children!), but then they curl up and sleep together and they play for hours, and have a very strong bond. And yes I guess they do look similar, although Wilby has a white chest and paws while Sasha is totally ginger, and when you see them together Wilby's ginger colour is slightly lighter that Sasha's.

sigmagirl91
12-23-2004, 06:01 AM
This has to be the funniest thing I've read all day. Its from our good friend CoriaFuck4Ever.

"no matter what he wins or not Federer will never be loved the way coria is loved by so many people."

Can I make that my sig so I can get a bad rep from it? After all, I'm due a bad rep from it.

bovenbuuf
12-23-2004, 07:50 AM
That is so true. You'll be a great teacher; just keep doing what you're doing. Next semester, I'll be working alongside a teacher for my writing class, so I'll be learning a lot too.
well if you want a hint.. skip christmas time! they all want grades, video or want to leave...I hope my voice survives the last days...

bovenbuuf
12-23-2004, 07:51 AM
you can be both good teachers!!! i am not a patient person, so.....:awww:
i prefer to be a student :lol:
ah well if you are sweet then, you may join my class:p

bovenbuuf
12-23-2004, 07:54 AM
Sigma ,Boven and Jazz (hope I'm not too late!),congratulations on your achievements!!
I'm very happy for you!!
Thanks Claudia! :hug:

novanora
12-23-2004, 12:30 PM
ah well if you are sweet then, you may join my class:p
Profesora, i don't think i am sweeter than those lovely dutchie kids.... :awww:
no problem, if you would like, you can have another class on msn, but only one student, that's me :hatoff:

shirleyhewitt
12-23-2004, 02:14 PM
next year's ranking
NO.1 lleyton, No.2 david, No.3 safin, No.4 andy......

jazz_girl
12-23-2004, 02:16 PM
next year's ranking
I have no arguments with that, only if David can be N°1 in 2006 :)

Iza
12-23-2004, 03:02 PM
next year's ranking

i don't really think Federer is gonna drop THAT low unless he gets a bad injury

sigmagirl91
12-23-2004, 04:53 PM
next year's ranking

Even I hold no hope of that ever happening. :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
12-23-2004, 05:35 PM
OK - wasn't quite sure where to post this - but in case I don't speak to some of you tomorrow - just wanted to say Happy Christmas to all my friends here on David's Forum. So to Jazz, Sigma, bovenbuuf, Nova, Ceci, Iza, Fedex, GWH, Bea, Tennis724, Claudia, Sophia, Choupi, Taysbest and anyone else I missed - have a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful, happy and healthy 2005.

bovenbuuf
12-23-2004, 05:39 PM
thanks Rosie! Nice to see the 2 boys at 1 cart!

jazz_girl
12-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Awwwww Thanks a lot Rosie!!!

Fedex
12-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Can I make that my sig so I can get a bad rep from it? After all, I'm due a bad rep from it.
Sure go for it, sigma. Stupid quotes are meant to be put in sigs, just look at mine. Difference is, with mine, I wont be getting any bad reps, unless P-Mac becomes a member of mtf, lmao.

sigmagirl91
12-23-2004, 06:50 PM
OK - wasn't quite sure where to post this - but in case I don't speak to some of you tomorrow - just wanted to say Happy Christmas to all my friends here on David's Forum. So to Jazz, Sigma, bovenbuuf, Nova, Ceci, Iza, Fedex, GWH, Bea, Tennis724, Claudia, Sophia, Choupi, Taysbest and anyone else I missed - have a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful, happy and healthy 2005.

Merry Christmas, and thanks a bunch for your card. It was lovely-just like your boys there.

sigmagirl91
12-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Sure go for it, sigma. Stupid quotes are meant to be put in sigs, just look at mine. Difference is, with mine, I wont be getting any bad reps, unless P-Mac becomes a member of mtf, lmao.

In that case, let me get that on there-later of course.
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell "crumps" are. Just check out the post from our friend WillyCañas on the Coria thread on GM. Guess he didn't proofread.... but "crumps"? Insane...criminally insane.

Fedex
12-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh Fedex - that's so sad - the idea of anyone hurting an animal just breaks my heart - poor Cinnamon :sad: And I'm sure your existing cat would be happy with a new addition to the family. I must admit I was worried about Sasha when Wilby first arrived because he had been on his own for a few years and two male cats together can often have "territorial" problems,- but he accepted him straightaway. Of course they have the occasional little fight (like children!), but then they curl up and sleep together and they play for hours, and have a very strong bond. And yes I guess they do look similar, although Wilby has a white chest and paws while Sasha is totally ginger, and when you see them together Wilby's ginger colour is slightly lighter that Sasha's.
Thanks Rosie :hug:, and the poison came from the oil in cars, you know how cars leak, we're almost certain thats how she got it. There's a poison in the oil (forgot the name), and supposedly cats love the taste of it. That produced kidney failure, and only a kidney transplant could have possibly saved her, which was too expensive and there's no guarantee there either. And the thing, that sort of ruined my holidays last year, was that my other cat (Domino) had gotten sick (kidney stones), but the doctors thought he had complete kidney failure, and he was almost put to sleep on a few occasions. :sad: Luckily they discovered the kidney stones, and now he has a modified diet, and will be on treatment for the rest of his life, but that's alright.
Yes, I know what you mean by "territorial". My older cat Cinnamon(who was a bit older than my other cat) was not too pleased with the addition of a new cat, and it took awhile for them to get used to it. They eventually just learned to leave each other alone, and stay out of each others way. (Or rather 'domino' learned to stay out of her way, as she was the far tougher of the two cats, lol.) I think he will be a bit more accepting of a new cat than Cinnamon was, though.

Fedex
12-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Merry Christmas, Rosie, and I love the card. :hug: :)

Fedex
12-23-2004, 07:13 PM
next year's ranking
I would love to see David and Marat at number 2 and 3, but I do have a bit of a problem with that number one ranking. ;)

Fedex
12-23-2004, 07:15 PM
In that case, let me get that on there-later of course.
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell "crumps" are. Just check out the post from our friend WillyCañas on the Coria thread on GM. Guess he didn't proofread.... but "crumps"? Insane...criminally insane.
Crumps?? And I'm still trying to figure out what grammar king CoriaFuck4Ever means by 'pimps'?

sigmagirl91
12-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Crumps?? And I'm still trying to figure out what grammar king CoriaFuck4Ever means by 'pimps'?

CoriaFan is a pimp. And that reminds me. I need to post a song, "Deck the Boards"....

*Ljubica*
12-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks Rosie :hug:, and the poison came from the oil in cars, you know how cars leak, we're almost certain thats how she got it. There's a poison in the oil (forgot the name), and supposedly cats love the taste of it. That produced kidney failure, and only a kidney transplant could have possibly saved her, which was too expensive and there's no guarantee there either. And the thing, that sort of ruined my holidays last year, was that my other cat (Domino) had gotten sick (kidney stones), but the doctors thought he had complete kidney failure, and he was almost put to sleep on a few occasions. :sad: Luckily they discovered the kidney stones, and now he has a modified diet, and will be on treatment for the rest of his life, but that's alright.
Yes, I know what you mean by "territorial". My older cat Cinnamon(who was a bit older than my other cat) was not too pleased with the addition of a new cat, and it took awhile for them to get used to it. They eventually just learned to leave each other alone, and stay out of each others way. (Or rather 'domino' learned to stay out of her way, as she was the far tougher of the two cats, lol.) I think he will be a bit more accepting of a new cat than Cinnamon was, though.

Thanks for telling me that Fedex - I though poor Cinnamon had been poisoned deliberately. If I could I would have a house full of cats (at least another two!), but my two boys are so spoiled I'm not sure they would be happy and the house and garden aren't that big.

Fedex
12-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks for telling me that Fedex - I though poor Cinnamon had been poisoned deliberately. If I could I would have a house full of cats (at least another two!), but my two boys are so spoiled I'm not sure they would be happy and the house and garden aren't that big.
No, and ever since the Holidays last year, my cat has been a permanent indoors cat. I do let him out alittle bit, supervised of course. I think from now on, I will raise all of my cats to be indoor cats. Its too risky having you're cats being outdoor cats.
And I know what you mean Rosie, about having a 'house full of cats', but if I did that, I would be cleaning and feeding all day long!

*Ljubica*
12-23-2004, 08:07 PM
No, and ever since the Holidays last year, my cat has been a permanent indoors cat. I do let him out alittle bit, supervised of course. I think from now on, I will raise all of my cats to be indoor cats. Its too risky having you're cats being outdoor cats.
And I know what you mean Rosie, about having a 'house full of cats', but if I did that, I would be cleaning and feeding all day long!

Actually Wilby is quite an "indoor cat" - he doesn't like the big wide world outside too much and rarely goes further than the end of the garden for 5 minutes maximum before rushing back indoors crying for me!! I guess it brings back bad memories of whatever happened to him before I found him abandoned, bless him. But Sasha is a real wanderer - a typical "tom" cat - he disappears for hours and won't come back in until he's good and ready!!! If I call him and he doesn't want to come inside he just sits up a tree or on a nearby roof and laughs at me :devil: I know he goes into most of my neighbours' houses and eats their cats' food and terrorises their own cats - LOL!! He even terrorises their dogs :eek: He's a real terror I have to admit- and keeping him indoors would be a nightmare and also cruel to his nature because he just wouldn't be happy.

Fedex
12-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Actually Wilby is quite an "indoor cat" - he doesn't like the big wide world outside too much and rarely goes further than the end of the garden for 5 minutes maximum before rushing back indoors crying for me!! I guess it brings back bad memories of whatever happened to him before I found him abandoned, bless him. But Sasha is a real wanderer - a typical "tom" cat - he disappears for hours and won't come back in until he's good and ready!!! If I call him and he doesn't want to come inside he just sits up a tree or on a nearby roof and laughs at me :devil: I know he goes into most of my neighbours' houses and eats their cats' food and terrorises their own cats - LOL!! He even terrorises their dogs :eek: He's a real terror I have to admit- and keeping him indoors would be a nightmare and also cruel to his nature because he just wouldn't be happy.
Sasha sounds like a bad boy. :devil: My Cinnamon was quite an outside cat too; but she would never go over into the neighbour's houses and eat their cats food. ;) :eek: Cinnamon was quite territorial though; any Cat that came on to 'her' property had better be prepared to run. :devil: One funny thing is, that when she was outside, if you would call her, or try to play with her she would act as though she doesn't even though you, but as soon as she came inside, she was in you're lap in a hurry, ready for a good nap. ;) She was such a sweet cat though, even if she did some bad things like going into a birds nest once, and attacking baby birds (i had to get a hose to get her down, and this was a tree at a neighbour's house :eek: ). She was the 'hunting' type of cat outside, yet so sweet inside.

Fedex
12-23-2004, 09:26 PM
You know, all of those Coria threads in GM are making me quite nauseous.

jazz_girl
12-23-2004, 09:28 PM
With the time difference and everything, I don't know how many of you I'll be seeing tomorrow, so just in case, I want to wish you a very Merry Xmas. I hope you can spend that day with the people you love the most and remembering the ones that are gone. I also hope David can find peace in this day, especially after all that has happened to him. :hug:

Fedex
12-23-2004, 09:32 PM
With the time difference and everything, I don't know how many of you I'll be seeing tomorrow, so just in case, I want to wish you a very Merry Xmas. I hope you can spend that day with the people you love the most and remembering the ones that are gone. I also hope David can find peace in this day, especially after all that has happened to him. :hug:
How are things where you live, Jazz? What's the weather like down there?? Its awful here today, all rain, its so dark here, and its only 5:30, and you would think it was 10 or 11 if you didn't know what time it was.

Iza
12-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Merry Xmas Rosie and thank u for the wonderful card :kiss: ! Your boys are lovely :yeah: ! Would they enjoy the company of a bright yellow, old, fat, non-flying budgie (y'know, those small lil parrots) ?

Iza
12-23-2004, 09:42 PM
How are things where you live, Jazz? What's the weather like down there?? Its awful here today, all rain, its so dark here, and its only 5:30, and you would think it was 10 or 11 if you didn't know what time it was.

same here! what part of the States are u from, Fedex?

Fedex
12-23-2004, 09:43 PM
same here! what part of the States are u from, Fedex?
New England; You're in New Jersey, right? So it makes sense that its raining there; its raining in all of the New England states today.

Iza
12-23-2004, 09:47 PM
and the wind is so goddamn crazy! it's colder than I expected :scared: !

sigmagirl91
12-23-2004, 09:53 PM
You know, all of those Coria threads in GM are making me quite nauseous.

It's International Troll Day.

sigmagirl91
12-23-2004, 09:54 PM
New England; You're in New Jersey, right? So it makes sense that its raining there; its raining in all of the New England states today.

It snowed down here.

justClaudia
12-23-2004, 10:57 PM

Merry Christmas to you too,Jazz!

As I'm not coming til Monday..I want to wish a Very Happy Christmas everyone here :smooch:

Stay happy and in peace..
And, yeah I hope the Nalbandian Family can find some kind of peace in this time.

Fedex
12-24-2004, 04:18 AM
It snowed down here.
I know; you guys were the lucky ones. Some of the southern states were in the snow path, while most of New England got rain :(

Fedex
12-24-2004, 04:19 AM
It snowed down here.
It must be, although the best trolls like hitchhiker and tangerinus have yet to make an appearance.

Dirk
12-24-2004, 04:20 AM
I hope hitchhiker comes back during Oz. Andy would have to go far though maybe make the finals. I LOVE COMEONAUSSIE!!!!!!!! :hug: Where is he at?

Fedex
12-24-2004, 06:10 AM
I hope hitchhiker comes back during Oz. Andy would have to go far though maybe make the finals. I LOVE COMEONAUSSIE!!!!!!!! :hug: Where is he at?
I dont know where CmonAussie is, Dirk, but he was no troll.

Action Jackson
12-24-2004, 06:13 AM
CmonAussie was great and he was the minister for Lleyton Hewitt propaganda, but under all that he wasn't a troll and have some useful things to say.

Fedex
12-24-2004, 06:30 AM
CmonAussie was great and he was the minister for Lleyton Hewitt propaganda, but under all that he wasn't a troll and have some useful things to say.
Very true, but I would like to see him comeback too.

Action Jackson
12-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Very true, but I would like to see him comeback too.

I might send him a PM and try and catch up with him at the AO, as I said we hardly agreed, but at least they were entertaining and among the propaganda there was some good stuff.

At least in the greatest claycourter of all time thread which got derailed by an idiot who wouldn't put Wilander in the best ever (top 10) because they didn't like them and made excuses for defeats. I can't tolerate people who make excuses instead of taking responsibility.

Fedex
12-24-2004, 06:50 AM
I can't tolerate people who make excuses instead of taking responsibility.
Indeed. Why do you think I cant stand the Bush administration?

Action Jackson
12-24-2004, 06:51 AM
Indeed. Why do you think I cant stand the Bush administration?

There are more than that, but it';s not your fault your nation elected an incompetent fool with good moral values.

Fedex
12-24-2004, 07:02 AM
There are more than that, but it';s not your fault your nation elected an incompetent fool with good moral values.
Well I was a bit lucky in the regard that I have always lived in traditionally pro Democratic states, so I am not around many of those assholes that voted for Bush.
The rednecks that voted for Bush on 'moral values' are even more incompetent than Mr. Bush himself.

Action Jackson
12-24-2004, 07:04 AM
That's like where I am from has always voted the one way and it's not the wrong way.

Fedex
12-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Speaking of Bush, GWH here is a site you might enjoy. The guy that does this radio show is great, and I used to listen to him before I moved.
http://www.raytal.com/home.html

Action Jackson
12-24-2004, 07:05 AM
I will check it out.

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Merry Xmas Rosie and thank u for the wonderful card :kiss: ! Your boys are lovely :yeah: ! Would they enjoy the company of a bright yellow, old, fat, non-flying budgie (y'know, those small lil parrots) ?

Oh Iza - I don't think your fat yellow parrot would like my boys at all :eek: Like Fedex said - Sasha is a bad boy - and he is a natural hunter (especially with birds :sad: ), so we better keep them well apart.

Btw - am I the only person here with REAL snow on Christmas Eve? Perhaps I should sing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" - but then again - perhaps not :)

bovenbuuf
12-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Here is still no snow yet... they say we have here a 50% change we get some snow...

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi Fedex!
The wheather here is nice! :) It's been said that it's gonna rain, but now they're saying it's gonna be nice :confused: I hope it doesn't rain, it wouldn't be ther same...

Fedex
12-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Btw - am I the only person here with REAL snow on Christmas Eve? Perhaps I should sing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" - but then again - perhaps not :)
Well, just the other day we had a bit of snow, but the rain washed any bit of snow away yesterday, and I dont know if it'll get cold enough again to have snow on Christmas. I'm optimistic, but its unlikely that we will.

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Well, just the other day we had a bit of snow, but the rain washed any bit of snow away yesterday, and I dont know if it'll get cold enough again to have snow on Christmas. I'm optimistic, but its unlikely that we will.

I would gladly send you some if you wanted :) But if you don't like it being dark at 5.30pm, I doubt you would like it here at this time of year, when it gets dark at 3.00pm and stays that way til about 9.00am the next day :devil:

Fedex
12-24-2004, 12:05 PM
I would gladly send you some if you wanted :) But if you don't like it being dark at 5.30pm, I doubt you would like it here at this time of year, when it gets dark at 3.00pm and stays that way til about 9.00am the next day :devil:
No thanks, I'll take 5 o clock instead. ;) Soon, thankfully, the days will be getting longer again; I just cant stand it being so dark, so early; it makes you feel like you have less time during the day to get things done, and it makes life a bit more stressful.

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 12:14 PM
No thanks, I'll take 5 o clock instead. ;) Soon, thankfully, the days will be getting longer again; I just cant stand it being so dark, so early; it makes you feel like you have less time during the day to get things done, and it makes life a bit more stressful.

Well believe it or not, it's already growing dark here today and it's only 1.15pm!! Strangely enough I like it - it's lovely and warm and cosy to be indoors with the doors locked and the curtains drawn and the Christmas tree lights twinkling :) It's hot weather that raises my stress levels - I really cannot stand it :devil:

Fedex
12-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Well believe it or not, it's already growing dark here today and it's only 1.15pm!! Strangely enough I like it - it's lovely and warm and cosy to be indoors with the doors locked and the curtains drawn and the Christmas tree lights twinkling :) It's hot weather that raises my stress levels - I really cannot stand it :devil:
Hot weather?? I somehow dont see you liking a state like California too much. ;) New England never gets very hot, and you do see a wide variety of weather and seasons here. :)

Fedex
12-24-2004, 12:19 PM
I would gladly send you some if you wanted :)
Thanks Rosie, and are you going to ship it by UPS, or are you going to ship it with Fedex? :devil: ;)

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks Rosie, and are you going to ship it by UPS, or are you going to ship it with Fedex? :devil: ;)

Which would you prefer? And - no - I know I would hate California or anywhere that gets above 22 degrees C - that is about the hottest I can stand without turning red like a lobster and getting snappy and miserable!

Fedex
12-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Which would you prefer? And - no - I know I would hate California or anywhere that gets above 22 degrees C - that is about the hottest I can stand without turning red like a lobster and getting snappy and miserable!
Hmm, Well Fedex is always the best :devil: ,so I guess FedEx. ;) California is hot, it gets up to 100+ degrees in Northern California, near Sacramento, but it is still a beautiful state, and you could always go to the beach to cool yourself off. I'm afraid you cant say the same thing about the Atlantic, so you wont be seeing me jump into any of that water anytime soon, unless I was desperate. :eek: ;)

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 12:51 PM
What will you be eating tonight? We'll be eating a lot of meat and different kind of salads for sure, but since I usually don't like any of that, I reserve myself for dessert :) Although, I must admit I started eating already :)
Oh BTW, for those ones who were interested yesterday, my hair is fixed and i can go out again :)

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 01:09 PM
What will you be eating tonight? We'll be eating a lot of meat and different kind of salads for sure, but since I usually don't like any of that, I reserve myself for dessert :) Although, I must admit I started eating already :)
Oh BTW, for those ones who were interested yesterday, my hair is fixed and i can go out again :)

We don't eat anything special tonight Jazz - just salads and light stuff, because our main eating day is tomorrow. Christmas Day lunch is a huge, stodgy affair consisting of roast turkey and roast heef with all the vegtables, and followed by a really heavy Christmas pudding dessert and "mince pies" served with loads of cream. Being vegetarian I tend to stick to the vegetables and then have extra Christmas pudding and cream which is a meal in itself :haha:

And Fedex - sorry - but the Californian beach would be no good for me -I'm cursed with that typical Northern hemisphere pale skin and blonde hair that burns in anything over 60 degrees F! :eek:

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Well, it's understandable that you eat a lot, it's winter. But here it's summer and we eat a lot of heavy meal!!!

sigmagirl91
12-24-2004, 02:45 PM

You almost scared me there for a second. I couldn't bear the thought of you going out like that....I trust your mom saved the day, yes?

sigmagirl91
12-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Right now, I'm warming up my shit-mobile because it's so cold outside. She started right up, thank goodness for small miracles, so I can finish the Christmas shopping. Hee hee....

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Actually, I bought the thing myself sigma. But I had to wear a cap to go out. I wanted to give the woman that sold that product a mouthful ;)

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Actually, I bought the thing myself sigma. But I had to wear a cap to go out. I wanted to give the woman that sold that product a mouthful ;)

I think I must have missed something here :eek: - but whatever happened to your hair Jazz - glad it's back to normal now!!!

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 03:41 PM
LOL! An idiot recommended to dye my hair with a certain color, and I ended up like an albino kid. Thank God, I could fix it LOL!

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 03:48 PM
LOL! An idiot recommended to dye my hair with a certain color, and I ended up like an albino kid. Thank God, I could fix it LOL!

:haha: I have that kind of albino blonde naturally, and I would pay millions to have it changed the other way. but because it's so light it turns green if I dye it and I'm not incredibly careful :haha: Glad you're back to normal now anyway!!

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, well, I was scared to have it green too. I must admit, I already had my hair in different colors, blonde, red, brunette, green, orange, white. Although, I wasn't looking for the last three results ;)

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah, well, I was scared to have it green too. I must admit, I already had my hair in different colors, blonde, red, brunette, green, orange, white. Although, I wasn't looking for the last three results ;)

Green can be very attractive ;) Must admit I dyed mine purple once (on purpose) when I was about 15 :eek: - you can imagine the reaction I got at home :devil:

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 04:31 PM
LOL! It must have been the same when my mom found out about my sister's tongue earring LOL

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 05:27 PM
LOL! It must have been the same when my mom found out about my sister's tongue earring LOL

It was pretty bad - yes :haha:

Fedex
12-24-2004, 07:24 PM
We don't eat anything special tonight Jazz - just salads and light stuff, because our main eating day is tomorrow. Christmas Day lunch is a huge, stodgy affair consisting of roast turkey and roast heef with all the vegtables, and followed by a really heavy Christmas pudding dessert and "mince pies" served with loads of cream. Being vegetarian I tend to stick to the vegetables and then have extra Christmas pudding and cream which is a meal in itself :haha:

Yes, I am the same way Rosie. I do eat a good dinner on Christmas eve, but the main eating is done on Christmas day.

Fedex
12-24-2004, 07:27 PM
How people can even stand to have piercings in places, like you're tongue for instance, gets me. Its insane, imo.

jazz_girl
12-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Actually, my sister has one in her nose (that's the one my mom went completly insane) and another in her tongue (which she doesn't know of). In fact, once she did the nose one, she was playing with the piercing and got it out, and the hole closed, so she had to did it again. I don't have the guts to do it. I just did an extra hole in an ear and that's enough for me! LOL

Iza
12-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh Iza - I don't think your fat yellow parrot would like my boys at all :eek: Like Fedex said - Sasha is a bad boy - and he is a natural hunter (especially with birds :sad: ), so we better keep them well apart.
:)

ok. :lol:

Iza
12-24-2004, 07:56 PM
How people can even stand to have piercings in places, like you're tongue for instance, gets me. Its insane, imo.

disgusting. but the ones in the nipples are the most insane :bolt:

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 08:03 PM

:eek: Nipple piercing - OMG - NO :eek: Far too painful!! My friend has one - says it was the most painful thing she has ever had done - even more painful than childbirth :eek: No - I'm with Jazz - I have two piercings in each ear and that is as far as I am prepared to go!

Fedex
12-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Now, I have seen worse then nipples, but then again only a guy can have a piercing in the place I'm talking about :o Disgusting and probably very painful, mind you.

*Ljubica*
12-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Now, I have seen worse then nipples, but then again only a guy can have a piercing in the place I'm talking about :o Disgusting and probably very painful, mind you.

Women can have piercings in some pretty interesting places too :eek: but I'm not sure that's a subject for this thread!

jazz_girl
12-25-2004, 05:33 PM
How are you guys? I'm kind of bored. There's nothing too do, I'm tired of eating, there's nothing to watch on tv and no newspapers! So, all I do is keep checking old articles and interviews and trying to find something nice to translate :)

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 05:39 PM

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I actually find albino girls quite sexy. :)

jazz_girl
12-25-2004, 05:44 PM
LOL! You're crazy!

jazz_girl
12-25-2004, 05:47 PM
I miss tennis sooooo much! I can't wait till next year!

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 05:50 PM
LOL! You're crazy!

Come to think it I have heard that said before and there might be a little bit of truth in that.

Then again I love tongue rings as well, lets say I am not always the one who goes for the conventional things.

Btw, one of the crazy posters michelleg is going to the Buenos Aires tournament in Feb.

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 05:52 PM

I can understand, but I have enough to keep me occupied. There is a food and wine festival, another big music festival as well, playing tennis, going to a few parties, fixing up the house and planning my Jan adventure to Melbourne.

jazz_girl
12-25-2004, 05:53 PM
I don't remember talking to her/him...Where does he/she usually post?

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 05:54 PM
I don't remember talking to her/him...Where does he/she usually post?

She is very nice and is an American who can speak Spanish. She usually posts on GM or in the Frenchies section.

jazz_girl
12-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Well, I'm on vacations till Februray, then I'll have to study for my last two finals. But till then, I'll have to keep myself busy. I'm sure next week will be better, I guess I'll be going out with some friends :)

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Yes, that's right you have to study hard and what are those subjects you are doing?

jazz_girl
12-25-2004, 05:56 PM
She is very nice and is an American who can speak Spanish. She usually posts on GM or in the Frenchies section.
Oh, ok. I'll try to catch her. I'm still not sure what to do about the tournament...Maybe I'll go to the final...

jazz_girl
12-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Yes, that's right you have to study hard and what are those subjects you are doing?
Marketing and Sales, and then I have to defend an essay.

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Marketing and Sales, and then I have to defend an essay.

Good luck you will be fine with that, just make sure you have all the information you need and can relate that back to the people who are questioning you. Come on you are Argentine, you should be a great debater. :)

*Ljubica*
12-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Hi Jazz and GWH - I'm kind of bored too and I can't wait for the tennis season to start either!

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi Jazz and GWH - I'm kind of bored too and I can't wait for the tennis season to start either!

The calm before the storm I say and we just had a nice visitor in the Gaudio forum. :)

*Ljubica*
12-25-2004, 06:27 PM
The calm before the storm I say and we just had a nice visitor in the Gaudio forum. :)

Yes I've just been over there :)

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Yes I've just been over there :)

You are lucky that you are going to see David play and hopefully when I see him he is in good shape as he doesn't need a year like 2004 as injury goes.

*Ljubica*
12-25-2004, 06:42 PM
You are lucky that you are going to see David play and hopefully when I see him he is in good shape as he doesn't need a year like 2004 as injury goes.

I'm tempted to say it would be virtually impossible for him to have such a bad year with injuries again - but that would be tempting fate, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and say nothing. You will see him before me though anyway - in Melbourne.

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 06:47 PM
I hope he has done the strong base like I was whining about for the past 6 months.

*Ljubica*
12-25-2004, 06:52 PM
I hope he has done the strong base like I was whining about for the past 6 months.

I know he WAS working very hard from late November after his vacations, but obviously the family tragedy that befell him put a stop to that for a while - but I'm sure he will be working hard enough. Btw - does your harsh regime allow him a day off today and on his birthday next week?

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 06:55 PM
I know he WAS working very hard from late November after his vacations, but obviously the family tragedy that befell him put a stop to that for a while - but I'm sure he will be working hard enough. Btw - does your harsh regime allow him a day off today and on his birthday next week?

Of course, but Jan 2 he would be doing a long run to get rid of that cake. :devil:

*Ljubica*
12-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Of course, but Jan 2 he would be doing a long run to get rid of that cake. :devil:

:angel: Awww - that's nice and generous of you - I knew you were a soft and sensitive guy really :angel: Anyway - I have to go for a while now - family duties to perform :devil: I may be back later - if not - guess I'll see you tomorrow :wavey:

Action Jackson
12-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Talk to you later I need a nap, then I am going down to the local market for a while, then cook up this risotto thing. I couldn't cook it for you there is too much meat in it, though there are plenty of other good things as well.

-ernie-
12-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Soooo... What did everyone get for christmas?! :D

jazz_girl
12-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Hi guys!
I had a nice afternoon. I went to the Casino with my parents, I got even, but I had some fun :)
About David's injuries, Ceci told me that during David's match, Infantino was talking about David, and he was working with psicologists and all kinds of doctors and all of them are part of his team now. He's also been taking a lot of physical tests and training very hard to find out what's been causing him so many injuries and what to do to avoid them. Next season sounds promising :)

jazz_girl
12-26-2004, 12:31 AM
I got some clothes, money and a new cellphone. What about you?

-ernie-
12-26-2004, 01:05 AM
I got some DvDs, and some money and of course some clothes. :D

jazz_girl
12-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Which Dvd's?

novanora
12-26-2004, 01:55 AM
hi, ernie! My country doesn't spend official Christmas, Christmas Day is only an excuse for us to get party and enjoy day! :lol:
I went to church with my friends at Christmas Eve, thus a Bible from my priest is the only present ;)

Good to see you all receive many present!! :D

Fedex
12-26-2004, 02:24 AM
GWH, I have to say I love that signature, and that guy tells it exactly like it was. :)

Fedex
12-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Oh, and GWH, have you been to that site yet?

Fedex
12-26-2004, 06:47 AM
I second that, Rosie. But, alas, I have some Federer-Roddick matches on tape that I can enjoy, so I'll be fine. :)

bovenbuuf
12-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Good to hear Jazz.. it sounded really bad when we talked!

*Ljubica*
12-26-2004, 01:03 PM
I second that, Rosie. But, alas, I have some Federer-Roddick matches on tape that I can enjoy, so I'll be fine. :)

Yes - I have plenty of David matches to watch too :) But the ones I would really like to see are the ones from the Copa Argentina and I guess I'll never be able to get a copy of those :sad:

bovenbuuf
12-26-2004, 01:05 PM
yeah it would be nice if it starts again.. here they already talk about the DC against Swizz.. but well good thing now is that soccer has a break now.. so if we do watch a sport, its speed skating ...

sophia_c
12-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey Jud, I know how much you love the speed skating but I personally can't wait for the new tennis season to start. I start to play tennis on january 6th.....after I get back from South Africa and after I have started a new term at school...but as you know this is very welcome from me...I never knew how important it was in my life...god knows how important it is to a professional player....rock on the Australian Open and rock on David.....this could be his year....and I know we all hope it is.

sigmagirl91
12-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Hello, all

For Christmas, I received things for my apartment, like bookcases, new bathroom rugs (needed those badly), a throw, some place settings for my new dinette set, and the dinette set itself should be available tomorrow. My parents will have it over here by the evening. Other than that, Christmas went really well. I ate until I literally fell asleep.

Fedex
12-27-2004, 02:27 AM
Yes - I have plenty of David matches to watch too :) But the ones I would really like to see are the ones from the Copa Argentina and I guess I'll never be able to get a copy of those :sad:
The one David match I want to get is the David-Roddick match at Basel last year, but I think that is a particularly difficult match to find.

*Ljubica*
12-27-2004, 10:03 AM
The one David match I want to get is the David-Roddick match at Basel last year, but I think that is a particularly difficult match to find.

I was there at the time, so I actually only have half of it which was kindly recorded by a friend from the Eurosport coverage - I want a proper copy of it one day too.

And - you know something - never thought I would say this but I actually WANT to go back to work :devil: I am sooooo BORED - all this c*** on TV, and hardly any shops open and no tennis to follow :devil: Christmas is great if you have young children or a very large family to spend time with - I have neither and I am almost climbing the walls with boredom by now :devil: Don't know about anywhere else, but England virtually shuts at this time of year - there are no mail deliveries til Wednesday, no newspaper deliveries til tomorrow, no public transport services where I live til Wednesday either.............. :devil:

jazz_girl
12-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear Rosie! I think things are better here today, the worst part was during the week-end, cause everything was closed, but now everything's back to normal :)

*Ljubica*
12-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Sorry to hear Rosie! I think things are better here today, the worst part was during the week-end, cause everything was closed, but now everything's back to normal :)

I wish it was here :devil: So far I have sorted out my videos and CDs and tidied up the booksheves! It's like the most boring Sunday you can imagine but without the Sunday newspapers or Sunday afternoon sport to watch on TV :devil:

jazz_girl
12-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, my whole house is also very tidy! LOL!!! There was nothing to do during the week-end!
Hey, I was reading a Paola Suarez interview and I think I forgot to mention this, but in the Copa Argentina final, she was there to recieve and award, and then stayed to watch the match. She went directly to where David's family was and spent some time talking to his mom and girlfriend. Then she stayed for the whole match cheering for David :)

*Ljubica*
12-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Well, my whole house is also very tidy! LOL!!! There was nothing to do during the week-end!
Hey, I was reading a Paola Suarez interview and I think I forgot to mention this, but in the Copa Argentina final, she was there to recieve and award, and then stayed to watch the match. She went directly to where David's family was and spent some time talking to his mom and girlfriend. Then she stayed for the whole match cheering for David :)

That's great to hear. I admit I don't know much about WTA, but I've always thought Paola seems like a nice girl and very much under-estimated for all her achievements. Good Luck to her in 2005.

sigmagirl91
12-27-2004, 12:33 PM
I was there at the time, so I actually only have half of it which was kindly recorded by a friend from the Eurosport coverage - I want a proper copy of it one day too.

And - you know something - never thought I would say this but I actually WANT to go back to work :devil: I am sooooo BORED - all this c*** on TV, and hardly any shops open and no tennis to follow :devil: Christmas is great if you have young children or a very large family to spend time with - I have neither and I am almost climbing the walls with boredom by now :devil: Don't know about anywhere else, but England virtually shuts at this time of year - there are no mail deliveries til Wednesday, no newspaper deliveries til tomorrow, no public transport services where I live til Wednesday either.............. :devil:

Things get back to normal here in a hurry. I can never get bored enough around here. I'm glad for the whole week and a half that I have left for this break, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

*Ljubica*
12-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Things get back to normal here in a hurry. I can never get bored enough around here. I'm glad for the whole week and a half that I have left for this break, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Glad to hear it Sigma :) I go back to work on Thursday and can honestly say it's one of the rare times that I'm looking fiorward to going back to work :eek: If it were possible I would have worked these 3 days this week and taken 3 days off at another time when I actually want to (like when David plays in Europe!), but the office is shut so they won't let me :sad:

sigmagirl91
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
OK, I have composed a letter to my major department. How many schools do you know make you apply to both the teacher education program and the department you plan to major in? I guess it's standard procedure to make application to both-so I've learned.
I hate my writing, as you all have heard me rant on about, so if you want to see what I've written, then pm me, and I'll let you view it.

Fedex
12-27-2004, 06:02 PM

Yes, I know what you mean, Rosie. I do have some tennis tapes that are supposed to arrive today, to keep myself occupied, so they better arrive here today.
Another tennis match I need to get is the Federer-Nalbandian match from this year's Austrailian Open. I remember the match being remarkably close, and there was great tennis from both players. :)

Fedex
12-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Yesterday was enjoyable though. It certainly didn't seem nearly as bad as Rosie's day.
And that was helped in part, because I went and saw a movie yesterday at the theaters; 'Meet the Fockers'. It really is a great sequel to the 1st movie, 'Meet the Parents', and I might have to get this movie someday too.

*Ljubica*
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes, I know what you mean, Rosie. I do have some tennis tapes that are supposed to arrive today, to keep myself occupied, so they better arrive here today.
Another tennis match I need to get is the Federer-Nalbandian match from this year's Austrailian Open. I remember the match being remarkably close, and there was great tennis from both players. :)

Ah yes - the famous Australian Open quarter final that I threw a sickie for!!! Glad you enjoyed the film. This afternoon I have finally completed my European Autumn Tour 2004 diary.............And - no - it's NOT for publication - far too personal - it's just my own record of people and events from my travels or else I'll soon start to forget them. I've had notes on scruffy bits of paper and in my head for two months now just waiting for the time to collate it all together into a Word document - at least boring Christmasses are good for that!

sigmagirl91
12-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Yesterday was enjoyable though. It certainly didn't seem nearly as bad as Rosie's day.
And that was helped in part, because I went and saw a movie yesterday at the theaters; 'Meet the Fockers'. It really is a great sequel to the 1st movie, 'Meet the Parents', and I might have to get this movie someday too.

I will make sure to see that before I go back to "hell".

Fedex
12-27-2004, 07:59 PM
I will make sure to see that before I go back to "hell".
lmao, Yes you should.

sigmagirl91
12-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Ah yes - the famous Australian Open quarter final that I threw a sickie for!!! Glad you enjoyed the film. This afternoon I have finally completed my European Autumn Tour 2004 diary.............And - no - it's NOT for publication - far too personal - it's just my own record of people and events from my travels or else I'll soon start to forget them. I've had notes on scruffy bits of paper and in my head for two months now just waiting for the time to collate it all together into a Word document - at least boring Christmasses are good for that!

That sounds interesting. Why not put 'em on PowerPoint? Makes 'em look more colorful.

Fedex
12-27-2004, 10:01 PM
:woohoo: :banana: I just got my tennis DVD's today, 5 of them. 3 Federer matches, the RG Final, the 02 Basel final.

sigmagirl91
12-27-2004, 10:29 PM
:woohoo: :banana: I just got my tennis DVD's today, 5 of them. 3 Federer matches, the RG Final, the 02 Basel final.

Woo hoo--enjoy.

Fedex
12-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Woo hoo--enjoy.
Thanks, and I will. :)

jazz_girl
12-27-2004, 10:42 PM
That's great Fedex!!! :)

Fedex
12-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks, Jazz, and I plan on getting some more David matches in the near future. :) You'll have to help me out on getting some of the very best David matches though.

jazz_girl
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Which ones? Unfourtunatly I don't have any matches taped :sad:

Fedex
12-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Which ones? Unfourtunatly I don't have any matches taped :sad:
Well lets just say I want most of the matches to be ones that David wins. ;) :)

sigmagirl91
12-29-2004, 02:36 AM

Even I didn't get that lucky.

Action Jackson
12-29-2004, 02:48 AM

You can always waych the Federer/Nalbandian matches.

Fedex
12-29-2004, 04:30 AM
You can always waych the Federer/Nalbandian matches.
hahaha, True, but I would want to get the one's of best quality. I know Federer didn't play too great at the USO in 03, he played him tough in Cincy, and played two close tiebreaks. I forget what the quality of that match was, the only 'true' classics I can come up with is the Australian Open 03 match, classic 5 set match, both played pretty well, and this years Australian Open QF, which was very close as well.

Action Jackson
12-29-2004, 05:00 AM
The 5 setter was good and I remember being there having a great seat and not being able to cheer too loudly as I liked them both, but what disappointed me was that Nalbandian had a shocker against Schuettler.

Fedex
12-29-2004, 05:14 AM
The 5 setter was good and I remember being there having a great seat and not being able to cheer too loudly as I liked them both, but what disappointed me was that Nalbandian had a shocker against Schuettler.
It was a great match, and although Schuettler won that match against Nalbandian, his semifinal match against Roddick made me forgive him.

Action Jackson
12-29-2004, 05:16 AM
It was a great match, and although Schuettler won that match against Nalbandian, his semifinal match against Roddick made me forgive him.

Schuettler did the right thing, when Younes couldn't.

Got some Gaudio news that he is playing in B As. :yeah:

Fedex
12-29-2004, 05:18 AM
Schuettler did the right thing, when Younes couldn't.

Got some Gaudio news that he is playing in B As. :yeah:
Well, its nice to know that he will still play in Buenos Aires. :)

Action Jackson
12-29-2004, 05:20 AM
Well, its nice to know that he will still play in Buenos Aires. :)

Someone has to still play there.

I am trying to fix up my travel arrangements for the Aus Open and I haven't been too organised yet, but that will change soon.

Fedex
12-29-2004, 05:23 AM
Yes, but Moya and Cañas are still playing, so Gaudio is not the only big name going to the tournement.

Action Jackson
12-29-2004, 05:24 AM
Yes, but Moya and Cañas are still playing, so Gaudio is not the only big name going to the tournement.

So you saw the posting on the Cult then? I can't post it here as they are not up to speed on it as of yet.

Fedex
12-29-2004, 05:29 AM
So you saw the posting on the Cult then? I can't post it here as they are not up to speed on it as of yet.
Yes, I did. You know I am a bit glad that Coria is not playing that tournement.
I mean surely a tournement filled with classy guys, like Carlos, Gaston, etc., the tournement does not need him, and I'm sure Coria would not fit in very well there.

Action Jackson
12-29-2004, 05:30 AM
Yes, I did. You know I am a bit glad that Coria is not playing that tournement.
I mean surely a tournement filled with classy guys, like Carlos, Gaston, etc., the tournement does not need him, and I'm sure Coria would not fit in very well there.

:worship:

I can't rep you, but that's a great call though.

*Ljubica*
12-29-2004, 09:13 AM

Jazz - is that your Puppy on your avatar? He's so cute :hearts:

Fedex
12-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Jazz - is that your Puppy on your avatar? He's so cute :hearts:
I didn't notice that until just now, but I have to say, Rosie, you're cats have some competition. ;)

jazz_girl
12-29-2004, 09:29 AM
LOL! guys, yeah that's my dog. I've been harassing him with my new camera :o

Fedex
12-29-2004, 09:53 AM
That's ok, as long as you're not the type of person that dresses their dogs in clothes. :o

jazz_girl
12-29-2004, 10:13 AM
No, that's horrible!!!!
Besides, he wouldn't let me! LOL He doesn't even let me put him his "coat" when it's too cold...

Fedex
12-29-2004, 10:33 AM
lol, Its good to know. ;) I cant stand people who do that; Pets just simply aren't meant to be dressed up, lol.

jazz_girl
12-29-2004, 10:36 AM
lol, Its good to know. ;) I cant stand people who do that; Pets just simply aren't meant to be dressed up, lol.
LOL! I know!

*Ljubica*
12-29-2004, 11:24 AM
I didn't notice that until just now, but I have to say, Rosie, you're cats have some competition. ;)

Yes I know - but as you may have noticed they have gone into retirement until next Christmas anyway!!! Sasha managed to destroy the Christmas tree by Boxing Day so it's all been put away now, - he is in disgrace ;), and little Wilby has to have an operation next week so he didn't feel like posing. So Puppy can definately have centre stage - he's a cutie :)

jazz_girl
12-29-2004, 12:29 PM
LOL! Puppy has been playing with the decoration as well, and hiding food in the nativity. Yesterday I found baby Jesus next to his bone :o Although, I must be happy cause this year I didn't have to decorate it so many times :)

sigmagirl91
12-29-2004, 03:25 PM

But, he's such a cutie pie.

bovenbuuf
12-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Yes I know - but as you may have noticed they have gone into retirement until next Christmas anyway!!! Sasha managed to destroy the Christmas tree by Boxing Day so it's all been put away now, - he is in disgrace ;), and little Wilby has to have an operation next week so he didn't feel like posing. So Puppy can definately have centre stage - he's a cutie :)
Really hope that the surgery for WIlby is not that serious...

Bibir
12-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Jime! Puppy is sooo cute! :hearts:

Get well soon Sasha! :cat:

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/boy-dog.gif

bovenbuuf
12-29-2004, 06:07 PM
oh nice pic Bea

sigmagirl91
12-29-2004, 06:51 PM

Love the pic, Bea.

sigmagirl91
12-29-2004, 06:57 PM
I have a job interview, which I am apprehensive about. First, it's 55 miles away. Second, the work hours are ghastly. Third, I would have to pre-empt my studies to take it. I'll interview for it, but I sure as hell won't take it if I am offered it. Right timing, but wrong opp, you know what I'm saying?

jazz_girl
12-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I Sig. Unfourtunatly I know what you're talking about. I hope in 2005 we can have more luck with it...

*Ljubica*
12-29-2004, 07:51 PM

Cute pic Bea - but actually it's Wilby who is having surgery - not Sasha - but don't worry - everyone gets them confused.

sigmagirl91
12-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I Sig. Unfourtunatly I know what you're talking about. I hope in 2005 we can have more luck with it...

I've decided not to, because I've declared 2005 a "Year of No Drama". I have a feeling that this opp will be more trouble than it's worth.

Bibir
12-29-2004, 08:30 PM
is it your first job interview Sigma?

Oooops Rosie! Get well soon William Wilberforce!;)

sigmagirl91
12-29-2004, 08:32 PM

Oh, no, not my first. My umpteenth. The timing of this thing isn't right. Maybe there will be a next time.

*Ljubica*
12-29-2004, 08:40 PM

Don't worry Bea - Wilby is a forgiving kind of cat :) And luckily he doesn't feel ill anyway - just has a problem with his paw that needs rectifying. It was damaged when I found him (maybe a trap, maybe a car accident - no one really knows) and the Vets thought maybe it would sort itself out with time, - but it still isn't right,and as he has grown bigger his claws are kind of growing in on themselves, so he needs an operation to straighten things out. They may have to amputate one of his toes :sad: but they say it won't affect his movement and he'll be fine - I'll be a worse mess than him - having to take him to the Vets for the operation and leaving him there :sad: I'll be in tears all day I'm sure :sad:

Ultraman
12-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Nike, in their infinite wisdom, has discontinued the Air Resolve Mid tennis shoe and does not currently have an offering in the mid arena. I happen to prefer mid-cut shoes because they protect the ankle. I've twisted my ankle once and it's not a pleasant experience. In any event........now I either have to wait to see what Nike releases or try another brand. The downside of that is I won't be attired in exlusively in Nike. A concept that I am not too particularly enthused about. Maybe I should start buying shoes, that I like, 3-5 pairs at a time. :mad:

*Ljubica*
12-29-2004, 08:47 PM
:confused:

sigmagirl91
12-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Nike, in their infinite wisdom, has discontinued the Air Resolve Mid tennis shoe and does not currently have an offering in the mid arena. I happen to prefer mid-cut shoes because they protect the ankle. I've twisted my ankle once and it's not a pleasant experience. In any event........now I either have to wait to see what Nike releases or try another brand. The downside of that is I won't be attired in exlusively in Nike. A concept that I am not too particularly enthused about. Maybe I should start buying shoes, that I like, 3-5 pairs at a time. :mad:

OK, that's wonderful. Thanks, though, for giving us the heads up about bad shoes. We'll remember that.

Bibir
12-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Don't worry Bea - Wilby is a forgiving kind of cat :) And luckily he doesn't feel ill anyway - just has a problem with his paw that needs rectifying. It was damaged when I found him (maybe a trap, maybe a car accident - no one really knows) and the Vets thought maybe it would sort itself out with time, - but it still isn't right,and as he has grown bigger his claws are kind of growing in on themselves, so he needs an operation to straighten things out. They may have to amputate one of his toes :sad: but they say it won't affect his movement and he'll be fine - I'll be a worse mess than him - having to take him to the Vets for the operation and leaving him there :sad: I'll be in tears all day I'm sure :sad:
poor Wilby :sad:...a cat has four toes, no?

jazz_girl
12-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Awww Rosie :hug: I'm so sorry to hear! But don't worry, he'll be alright in no time, you'll see :)

*Ljubica*
12-30-2004, 05:19 AM
Thanks Bea and Jazz :hug: and yes, Bea - a cat has four toes. He's on antibiotics at the moment for another infection he got in his paw :sad: - when they finish, I take him back to the Vet after work next Tuesday, and then they decide when to operate and the extent of the operation. He's quite happy though - such a cheerful little soul - not naughty like his big brother Sasha!!

Choupi
12-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh Rosie, I've just learned for Wilby... :confused: I'm sure everything will be fine. You know, cats are very strong and resistant beings...they can face so many dramatic health troubles...simply because they feel they are loved...so they cope with it strongly! I've had many of my cats who have happened to be poisoned by some jerk of the neighbourhood! :mad: And most of them have survived...though the vet wasn't sure they would survive the upcoming hours...I really do hope everything will be allright.

*Ljubica*
12-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Oh Rosie, I've just learned for Wilby... :confused: I'm sure everything will be fine. You know, cats are very strong and resistant beings...they can face so many dramatic health troubles...simply because they feel they are loved...so they cope with it strongly! I've had many of my cats who have happened to be poisoned by some jerk of the neighbourhood! :mad: And most of them have survived...though the vet wasn't sure they would survive the upcoming hours...I really do hope everything will be allright.

Thanks - yes - I'm sure he'll be fine. The operation is a simple one. I just don't want to leave him at the Vets and drive away without him, because he's had such a rough life I'm scared he'll think I'm deserting him and he's being abandoned again :sad:

Choupi
12-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks - yes - I'm sure he'll be fine. The operation is a simple one. I just don't want to leave him at the Vets and drive away without him, because he's had such a rough life I'm scared he'll think I'm deserting him and he's being abandoned again :sad:
I understand what you mean...but don't worry, cats do have a 6th sense...he'll know that you're doing all you do for him, to help him getting better. He'll feel your attachment to him and no doubt he'll feel your sadness...so try to be courageous. For him. Your return to the vets after the surgery will be all the more joyfull... :D for both of you!

*Ljubica*
12-30-2004, 11:44 AM
I understand what you mean...but don't worry, cats do have a 6th sense...he'll know that you're doing all you do for him, to help him getting better. He'll feel your attachment to him and no doubt he'll feel your sadness...so try to be courageous. For him. Your return to the vets after the surgery will be all the more joyfull... :D for both of you!

Thanks for your support :)

taysbest
12-30-2004, 05:12 PM

Oh Rosie, I'm so sorry to hear about your Kitty! I'm sure he'll be ok. The vet will give him drugs and he'll forget! Think of how excited he'll be to see you when you pick him up. I'll be thinking of you and him and hoping for a great outcome. :hug:

taysbest
12-30-2004, 05:19 PM

You're little doggie is a cutie! Sorry I didn't get to say that sooner! Very Photogenic!

bovenbuuf
12-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Ok I guess I won't be online anymore till 2005 so to all the David fans

Happy New Year and that 2005 may be great!
and of course Happy birthday David!

:hug: Jud

jazz_girl
12-30-2004, 08:40 PM

Thanks a lot Jud :hug:
Happy New Year to you too!!!

sigmagirl91
12-30-2004, 09:02 PM

Take care. Talk to you in 05.

justClaudia
12-30-2004, 11:12 PM

Happy New Year Jud! :smooch:

And to everyone here!
I won't be online til Monday,so here it goes:
Hope you all have fun at the last night of the year and may 2005 bring you everything you've asked for and a bit more!

And of course..Happy Birthday David :hug:

ZuZia
12-31-2004, 02:03 AM
Hi everyone, :wavey:

May I join in? I am a Nal fan too and very sad for his recent loss. Happy Birthday to David, hopefully 2005 will be a great year for him! Break the "pattern" and win a final soon!

Happy New Year to all!

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-31-2004, 03:56 AM
I am curious... are there any good David Nalbandian websites??? Where do you guys find all these David photos?>

*Ljubica*
12-31-2004, 05:24 AM
Hi and welcome ZuZia :wavey: - of course you can join in. And Mrs.Guga, we get most of our photos from the Argentine Press and from various Photo sites as well as the different tournaments that we all attend. I run David's Yahoo web-site at http://sports.yahoo.com/group/davidnalbandian/ and there is also http://www.davidnalbandian.net. Hope that helps.

liptea
12-31-2004, 05:40 AM
I want to join in too. I like David.

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-31-2004, 05:47 AM
Yeah, the latter site is the only David site I ever found, but it doesn't have many pictures. But thanks, that was a help. I will check out the yahoo group!

I run David's Yahoo web-site at http://sports.yahoo.com/group/davidnalbandian/ and there is also http://www.davidnalbandian.net. Hope that helps.

Greetings Liptea :)

Action Jackson
12-31-2004, 07:32 AM
I just found this piece of sad news.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4703163,00.html

Argentina Club Fire Kills at Least 149

Friday December 31, 2004 7:01 AM

By KEVIN GRAY

Associated Press Writer

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - A fire swept through a crowded Buenos Aires nightclub during a rock concert, killing at least 149 people and injuring more than 360 as young concert-goers scrambled for the exits, officials said Friday.

The blaze broke out late Thursday and the building in the Argentine capital quickly filled with smoke, setting off a stampede for the emergency exits, witnesses said. Television images showed the bodies of youngsters curled up on the sidewalk as bystanders carried people out of the smoldering building.

``People were pushing and jumping over each other trying to get out,'' one concert-goer, Jose Maria Godoy, told The Associated Press. ``It was like a human wave. As people fell down running for the door, others just simply ran over them or pushed them down.''

City officials said it wasn't immediately clear what caused the fire, but several witnesses said they saw a flare hit a foam lining on the roof of the concert hall, triggering a fire.

``Someone from the crowd tossed a flare and there were immediately flames,'' said Fabian Zamudeo, a 22-year-old in the crowd to see the Argentine rock band, Los Callejeros.

``Parts of the roof started falling down in flames and people started running, knocking over the speakers and light stands,'' he added. ``People were choking on smoke and I tried to push as many people out as I could.''

Alfredo Stern, an official in the Buenos Aires health department, told reporters at least 149 had been killed and more than 360 people injured.

Hundreds of bystanders and relatives stood outside the building as rescue workers carried the wounded away on stretchers. Others could be seen treating the injured on the street in front of the Republica de la Cromagnon disco in the Argentine capital, which is popular with teenagers.

Rescue workers turned a nearby parking lot into a temporary morgue, lining up dozens of bodies as parents rushed to the club looking for their children.

As firemen battled the flames, some kids - many dazed and covered in soot - lingered outside the building after rushing out, shouting out the names of friends, hoping to find them.

Streets outside the nightclub in downtown Buenos Aires were lined with stray pairs of tennis shoes and strewn with blackened clothes - remains of a chaotic scene that saw hordes of people pushing their way out of the building.

An unidentified youngster told the TodoNoticias television network that the heavy smoke quickly filled up the concert hall.

``We could barely see there was so much smoke,'' he said. ``People were kicking the doors down trying to get out.''

Argentine media reported as many 1,500 people were believed to have been in the building at the time, with some saying the amount could be almost twice as much.

The fire was the worst in South America since a blaze swept a Paraguayan supermarket in August, killing 399 people in an Asuncion suburb. Authorities later said the doors were ordered shut by the store's owners to prevent looting, trapping people inside.

*Ljubica*
12-31-2004, 08:38 AM
That is dreadful news GWH. I just hope none of our friends here were involved in any way.

Action Jackson
12-31-2004, 08:39 AM
I hope not I am going to have send a few emails to Argentina to find out. I know if it were two or three other bands and that happened, then I would be really worried.

jazz_girl
12-31-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi guys! I went to bed early yesterday and I just found out about this. It's horrible! I cannot believe that idiot that lit a firework inside that place!!! Unbelievable!
I just has to turn off the tv because I keep seeing these poor families finding out their sons or daughters have died and it's heartbreaking :sad:

jazz_girl
12-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the group Liptea and Zuzia!! :wavey:

novanora
12-31-2004, 12:40 PM

sweetie, i know you are busy, and i already received your email.
Happy new year 2005, and all my best wishes just for you!! :hug::smooch:

bovenbuuf
12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Good to hear you are ok Jazz. But still very sorry to hear what happend:sad:. Firework can be nice ... but well I just don't like it after what happend in 2000 here.

bovenbuuf
12-31-2004, 01:04 PM
and yes, welcome here Zuzia and Liptea :)

novanora
12-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi guys! I went to bed early yesterday and I just found out about this. It's horrible! I cannot believe that idiot that lit a firework inside that place!!! Unbelievable!
I just has to turn off the tv because I keep seeing these poor families finding out their sons or daughters have died and it's heartbreaking :sad:
so many death and sad events at end of 2004 :sad:
i read GWH's report in non-tennis, and seems most of injuries and death are young rock music fans :sad: condolence to their family, a sad new year to them though.

*Ljubica*
12-31-2004, 01:35 PM
I know I'm late with this - but welcome liptea :wavey: And I wish a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends here. Be happy and healthy in 2005, - have fun in whatever you do, - and look forward to following David with you all next :hug:

Action Jackson
01-01-2005, 06:00 AM
I survived the whole New Years thing and now onward with 2005.

Action Jackson
01-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Here is the latest with the fire in Argentina.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/argentina/story/0,11439,1381733,00.html

175 die in Argentinian 'death trap' club fire

Uki Goni in Buenos Aires and agencies
Saturday January 1, 2005
The Guardian

At least 175 people, most of them teenagers, were killed and more than 700 injured when a fire raged through a packed nightclub in Buenos Aires yesterday.
Officials said the club's only two fire exits had been tied shut with wire - apparently to stop people getting into a rock concert without paying - turning the venue into a "death trap".

The blaze began when someone in the audience let off a flare that had been smuggled into the club - setting fire to an overhead cloth-and-foam canopy.

Witnesses spoke of chaos as many of the 2,200 fans inside, including some young children, stampeded towards the blocked exit doors.

"The fire spread in a minute and we were a mountain of people trying to escape," said one survivor, Ariel Monges, 25, who lost a friend and a cousin in the blaze and was searching for another friend.

Most of the victims died from smoke inhalation. Hospital lists showed they were mainly in their teens and 20s, but rescue workers found at least a dozen children in the club. Some fans had brought their babies, including an 11-month-old, to a makeshift nursery in the women's lavatories, said witnesses.

A car park next to the Republica Cromagnon club was turned into an improvised morgue, where dozens of bodies, their faces covered with T-shirts, were lined up by rescue workers in the early hours of yesterday.

"Only two exits were open. The others were tied up with wire," Anibal Fernandez, Argentina's interior minister, told reporters. "These young people were doomed in a death trap."

Anibal Ibarra, the mayor of Buenos Aires, said: "The place had two fire exits, but our reports tell us they were shut so tight that they had to be prised open by the firemen." The emergency exits appeared to have been shut "so that people wouldn't enter without paying".

Other reports said one of the exit doors burst open from the pressure of hundreds of people crushing against it, allowing some to escape. As they fled, scores of shoes were left strewn on the ground outside. Witnesses said the blaze was set off by a flare lit by fans of the popular local rock band, Los Callejeros, who were performing at the club.

"People were pushing and jumping over each other trying to get out," said one concert-goer, José Maria Godoy. "It was like a human wave. As people fell down, running for the door, others just simply ran over them or pushed them down."

The scene outside the club was one of total mayhem, with the injured crying desperately over the bodies of friends as they waited for ambulances. "It's like an open-air hospital on the street," said one survivor as doctors fought to save people carried out of the club.

Thousands of parents and other relatives crowded the streets around the Ramos Mejia hospital in Buenos Aires, demanding information about the dead and injured.

Parents also gathered outside the Buenos Aires city morgue yesterday, fearing that their children might be among the dead.

"I want to go and identify all the corpses, wherever they are. I need to know where my granddaughter is," sobbed one woman, searching for a 19-year-old, Marianela Rojas.

A young man looking for his 11-year-old nephew sought to justify the presence of young children at the concert, saying the performing group was a "family band".

Officials said identifying victims was made harder by the fact that ID papers were strewn on the club's floor by those fighting to get out.

The club's owner, Omar Chaban, who was reported to have left moments before the blaze began, could not be located by police yesterday. Newspapers in Buenos Aires rated the death toll as the sixth highest for a fire in a public place anywhere in recent years, after a fire last August at a supermarket in Asuncion, Paraguay, which left 464 dead, and other deadly blazes in Peru and China.

One young survivor said one of the producers of Thursday night's concert had pleaded with members of the audience not to light fireworks within the hall, warning them that "this could become a massacre".

bovenbuuf
01-01-2005, 09:38 AM
really sad this, its so sad that people die on a moment like this, during a party so close around new year...
Thanks for the article GWH

Action Jackson
01-01-2005, 09:44 AM
really sad this, its so sad that people die on a moment like this, during a party so close around new year...
Thanks for the article GWH

Yes, it's shit especially when it could have been prevented.

Btw, have you sent in your Rebound Ace points for the ATP game, the big launch isn't far away. :)

Bibir
01-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Happy new year everyone!!!!!! :hug:

http://www.hippochri.de/images/hippoansager.gif

*Ljubica*
01-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Happy New Year to you too Bea - and to all your hippo friends! But must say I am sad :sad: that we do not have a Happy Birthday Hippo from you for our David here today. :sad: Poor baby always gets forgotten having a Birthday on New Year's Day!

Bibir
01-01-2005, 10:51 AM
yeah, you're right Rosie...I'm soo sorry! :sad:

That's because I was preoccupied today with some devil ducks (look at my sig!) :o

*Ljubica*
01-01-2005, 11:14 AM
yeah, you're right Rosie...I'm soo sorry! :sad:

That's because I was preoccupied today with some devil ducks (look at my sig!) :o

Yes - I've already checked out your signature ;) Pity all the Devil Ducks can't disappear for 2005! And - don't be sorry - I was only joking!!

Bibir
01-01-2005, 11:19 AM
don't be sorry - I was only joking!!
I know - I was kidding too! ;)

but you can check the birthday thread now!...it's full of love! :inlove:

*Ljubica*
01-01-2005, 11:49 AM
I know - I was kidding too! ;)

but you can check the birthday thread now!...it's full of love! :inlove:

Thanks - I already have :)

jazz_girl
01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone! How did you enjoy the New Year's party?
I'm still trying to get over it :)

*Ljubica*
01-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone! How did you enjoy the New Year's party?
I'm still trying to get over it :)

LOL - must have been good!! I went to a party at a neighbours - it was quite fun but I didn't stay so late because I had been at work all day yesterday and I was quite tired. Glad you had fun though :)

jazz_girl
01-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, it didn't start well at all, but at around 2am I was better and stayed having fun till 5 am, so you can understand how tired I am today :)

sigmagirl91
01-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Yea!!!! It's the New Year. Now, I gotta root through these closets and get rid of stuff I absolutely do not wear and do not plan to wear. Fun, fun....
Anyway, my New Year celebration was a rather low-key affair.

Fedex
01-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes I know - but as you may have noticed they have gone into retirement until next Christmas anyway!!! Sasha managed to destroy the Christmas tree by Boxing Day so it's all been put away now,
:eek: :eek: How big was you're Christmas tree? That seems quite a big task for Sasha himself to pull of. I bet he invited some of his neighborhood cat friends over to help him. ;)

Fedex
01-01-2005, 09:11 PM
That is dreadful news GWH. I just hope none of our friends here were involved in any way.
Yes, my thoughts are with them. I cant believe that so many disasters are all seemingly happening around the same.

Fedex
01-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I know I'm late with this - but welcome liptea :wavey: And I wish a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends here. Be happy and healthy in 2005, - have fun in whatever you do, - and look forward to following David with you all next :hug:
I know I am late with this, but Happy New year also to everyone here. :) May the 2005 season bring many great tennis memories. :)

*Ljubica*
01-01-2005, 09:18 PM
:eek: :eek: How big was you're Christmas tree? That seems quite a big task for Sasha himself to pull of. I bet he invited some of his neighborhood cat friends over to help him. ;)

No task is too big for Sasha :devil: He enjoys the challenge! And actually the tree was not that big but it still made a hell of a mess!! I wouldn't put it past him though - to have a "party" here while I'm at work - the only time that cat is well-behaved is when he's asleep and even then I don't know what he's dreaming about :) And I know it's almost too late because January 1st is almost over here - but as I haven't seen you here for a day or two - must take this opportunity to wish you a Very Happy New Year for 2005 :hug:

Fedex
01-01-2005, 09:23 PM
:hug: Thanks Rosie. Its still January 1st here, so I guess I still have time to say 'Happy Birthday, David' ;) :) :). It must be cool having you're birthday on the 1st of January.

Fedex
01-01-2005, 09:24 PM
And, regarding Sasha, I think he may have decided to destroy you're Christmas tree when 'Santa' didn't get him the gifts he wanted for Christmas. :devil: ;)

jazz_girl
01-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I wonder at what hour he was born...he could have been one of the first babies in 1982 :)

*Ljubica*
01-01-2005, 09:33 PM
And, regarding Sasha, I think he may have decided to destroy you're Christmas tree when 'Santa' didn't get him the gifts he wanted for Christmas. :devil: ;)

No - my "boys" are the most spoilt cats in England :) so they both got everything they wanted! And actually I must say I think it would be horrible to have your bithday on January 1st - everyone kind of forgets with all the Christmas/New Year celebrations, not many people would feel like going out and celebrating tonight, and no one could afford to buy you a present :sad: An ex-boyfriend of mine had his birthday on December 31st and he hated it! No idea what time David was born though I'm afraid!