The "Say What You Want" Thread.... [Archive] - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

The "Say What You Want" Thread....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

*Ljubica*
11-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks a lot guys :kiss: I'm feeling much better today, but I'm still resting here, so I'll try to be online later :hug:
Just to change the subject a bit, I heard Coria in an interview yesterday, and I have to agree with him again: He said that Federer is a great N°1 player, cause he's good in every surface and every one of his shots is great, unlike some others that only have one good shot...Was he thinking about the same guys I'm thinking? :devil:

I guess he was including them Jazz :) Glad to know you're feeling a bit better today btw!

bovenbuuf
11-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi Jazz... Good luck with all the things, Good to hear you are feeling better now

bovenbuuf
11-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Finaly I have weekend, what a week this was..

novanora
11-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi Guys!
I'm feeling better now, but the doctors are making some tests on me cause today I fainted again, but this time was awful (I had some convulsions apparently), and I've been having a terrible headache for the last few days, and they are not sure about what's causing them. In the X rays you can see I have a cervical rectification. But a doctor told me that I'm too young to have these kind of problems because of it, so he wants to go a little bit further...So now, I spending as little as possible in front of the computer :sad:
jazz, i go to hospital too :sad: my left eye got the infection by some bacteria, it is swollon a lot. So i can hardly be on internet now until my eye recovered. My eye looks quite terrible now!!! like a bubble-fish eye or sth!!

and our sports newspaper made an interview with Mac yesterday, Mac said he will go to Shanghai to watch TMC next year, and he plans to develop some furniture business here....:ras:

bovenbuuf
11-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Nova, good luck to you too! Hope your eye will be better soon!

novanora
11-19-2004, 02:27 PM
thanks, bov!!!! :hug::hug: i can't believe my eye got swollen in the TMC period :(, it is quite hard and tired to use only one eye to watch tennis matches, and have to limit the watching hours not to hurt my another eye.

maratski
11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
:hug: to Jime and Novanora

I hope you get better soon!

*Ljubica*
11-19-2004, 02:40 PM
thanks, bov!!!! :hug::hug: i can't believe my eye got swollen in the TMC period :(, it is quite hard and tired to use only one eye to watch tennis matches, and have to limit the watching hours not to hurt my another eye.

Nova - take care, - and be careful with your eye. Sight is our most precious sense I think. I had big problems just over a year ago with my eyes and ended up in Hospital and off work for 6 weeks - so you have my sympathy! Take care of yourself :)

jazz_girl
11-19-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Nova!!! I guess it wasn't a good week, huh? I hope you get better soon and you can enjoy more matches :)

novanora
11-19-2004, 03:00 PM
maratski, Rosie and Jazz, thanks a lot!!! :hug::hug: you make me feel better with my scary and horrible eye now!

i have to be off now and get some medicine for my eye, get more rest to recover soon. Enjoy your tennis matches and weekends!! :wavey:

*Ljubica*
11-19-2004, 03:46 PM
OK guys - now I am feeling guilty - everyone is ill and I think it's my "November curse" attacking you all. You see - we have this thing in my family that everything bad that happens to us happens in November - so now it seems like even my friends on the other side of the world are getting ill :sad: Here's hoping you all get better soon - and counting the days til the end of November!!

jazz_girl
11-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Oh Rosie, don't feel guilty!!!! I'm pretty sure your curse has nothing to do :hug:

sigmagirl91
11-19-2004, 11:26 PM
I hope you all get to feeling better soon.

jazz_girl
11-20-2004, 01:05 PM
I cannot believe what I just read in Olé: MacIngvale is planning on doing a Master Series in Argentina! :eek: :eek: :eek: Now I know what Vilas was saying to him LOL!
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=872606

*Ljubica*
11-20-2004, 02:01 PM
I cannot believe what I just read in Olé: MacIngvale is planning on doing a Master Series in Argentina! :eek: :eek: :eek: Now I know what Vilas was saying to him LOL!

:haha: I don't know what to make of that at all!! Btw - it's snowing here - the first snow of the Winter - and I love it :banana:

sigmagirl91
11-20-2004, 03:10 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
*fainting from shock*

Fedex
11-20-2004, 11:41 PM
I woulden't mind seeing a Masters Series in Argentina, but Mac running the show?? No that woulden't be good, but atleast this year, he put together a half decent event. It might not be as bad. It suprises me he'd want one in Argentina though.

jazz_girl
11-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Well, Coria said very nice things about him, it appears he tried to make up from last year. Although, I heard that Safin was complaining a lot, cause a couple of days ago, he went practising with Cañas and they were given a flooded court :rolleyes:

novanora
11-21-2004, 11:42 AM
OK guys - now I am feeling guilty - everyone is ill and I think it's my "November curse" attacking you all. You see - we have this thing in my family that everything bad that happens to us happens in November - so now it seems like even my friends on the other side of the world are getting ill :sad: Here's hoping you all get better soon - and counting the days til the end of November!!
Rosie :hug: my swollen eye is much better now, i can open it completely! and even finished watching TMC semifinals :banana: don't blame it on u, dear :hug:

novanora
11-21-2004, 11:56 AM

:eek: :eek: :bolt:
eh......think about he cheers for the duck in front of argentinians all court around......:retard:.....and get stinking-eggs-rain falling on himself :devil:

after organize two years TMC, Mac did decided to plan more matches such as Davis Cup, and some hard court USA tournaments in his westside tennis center. but i don't know he plans to do a TMS in Argentina, a business man will never do a non-profit thing, guess except tennis, he has other motivations to do it.....

anyway, if argentina finally got a TMS, it is really a good thing to the fans. :D

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 12:04 PM
There won't be a TMS in Argentina anytime soon, as much as I would love it. Martin Jaite does a great job with the BA tournament and I doubt that Mac could do any better, it must be a stunt.

*Ljubica*
11-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Rosie :hug: my swollen eye is much better now, i can open it completely! and even finished watching TMC semifinals :banana: don't blame it on u, dear :hug:

Glad to hear you're feeling better Nova :)

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Good to hear you are better Nova.

novanora
11-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks, Rosie and GWH :hug::hug:

if Argentina has a TMS, it high possibly will be a clay one, though i prefer a grass TMS can be added in the future....

jazz_girl
11-21-2004, 01:56 PM
A grass in Buenos Aires??? LOL!!! Maybe Cañas and David would have a chance...The newspapers are talking about this again, I don't know if it's true or not, but it would be nice.
I also checked the ATP site and it confirmed Hamburg for next year, I thought they had decided not to do it this year...

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Alfie was being cheeky when he said that they should play it on grass.

I would love it if it was in Argentina, but Jaite would have to organise it and Mac is up to something and wouldn't be interesting in doing this without some motive. I still think it's a wind up.

If it was on grass I demand a wildcard for Franco Squillari.

jazz_girl
11-21-2004, 02:05 PM
LMAO!!!!
Well, if it really is in Buenos Aires I think it should be on clay, but I don't think Mac is suicidal...

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Mac is a shonky businessman, but not suicidal.

I am serious about the Squillari comment if it was on grass.

jazz_girl
11-21-2004, 02:10 PM
I heard that the first tennis court in Buenos Aires were grass ones. I wonder why they changed it...Although I prefer clay, it's much more entertainig to watch...

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 02:13 PM
I heard that the first tennis court in Buenos Aires were grass ones. I wonder why they changed it...Although I prefer clay, it's much more entertainig to watch...

No argument from me. My grassphobia is famous around here, considering I disappear during Wimbledon usually.

Clay is much better for sure.

Don't forget there are plenty of Anglo-Argentines and they would have had grass courts to represent the mother country, just like hockey, rugby, cricket and it's called the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, but they woke up and put clay down instead.

jazz_girl
11-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah, you're right. That's the reason.
And about the Master Series, I think there will be a MS in Asia before than in Latin America.

*Ljubica*
11-21-2004, 02:31 PM
A grass in Buenos Aires??? LOL!!! Maybe Cañas and David would have a chance...The newspapers are talking about this again, I don't know if it's true or not, but it would be nice.
I also checked the ATP site and it confirmed Hamburg for next year, I thought they had decided not to do it this year...

As far as I know they've confirmed Hamburg for another 3 years. It was actually a very well-attended tournament last year and extremely well-organised, and since Boris Becker took it over it has become a lot more high profile too. I like the venue a lot - just hope it gets a bit warmer there next year!

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah, you're right. That's the reason.
And about the Master Series, I think there will be a MS in Asia before than in Latin America.

If I had my way there would be one in Asia. At the same time if I ran the circuit I would have the 3 week Latin American section of the tour as the opening of the claycourt season, but that would mean there would only be clay events at that time. It would be great if Federer played in South America.

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 02:33 PM
As far as I know they've confirmed Hamburg for another 3 years. It was actually a very well-attended tournament last year and extremely well-organised, and since Boris Becker took it over it has become a lot more high profile too. I like the venue a lot - just hope it gets a bit warmer there next year!

How could Hamburg not be a good tournament when the legend Kent Carlsson won it.

Though Wilander and Muster never won there.

There have been some great finals the 1999 final was a classic between Rios and Zabaleta, then 2000 between Guga and Safin was even better.

jazz_girl
11-21-2004, 02:52 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=847949
I knew I read it somewhere! Apparently they had some deficit and won't do the tournament for the ATP and WTA, they'll just do it for the ATP.

novanora
11-21-2004, 03:10 PM
If I had my way there would be one in Asia. At the same time if I ran the circuit I would have the 3 week Latin American section of the tour as the opening of the claycourt season, but that would mean there would only be clay events at that time. It would be great if Federer played in South America.
Actually, Shanghai once tried to buy Hamburg TMS after 2002, but didn't succeed, as Hamburg now is the only TMS in Germany after they sold one to spain and well-organized for sure.
It's hard to add another TMS into the schedule, coz the schedule is already very tight for the players. And time is also a problem, Asia has big jet leg from Euro and America, if a new TMS in Asia, then could be anpther hard court one, and in the Asian season around Sep and Oct, very near to Euro TMS Madrid. The players have to fly half of the earth. ATP maybe should rearrange the whole schedule if they want to add a new TMS, and that's won't be a short time to spend.

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 03:12 PM
The ATP need to change the schedule anyway.

novanora
11-21-2004, 03:17 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=847949
I knew I read it somewhere! Apparently they had some deficit and won't do the tournament for the ATP and WTA, they'll just do it for the ATP.
i know they had the deficit, that's why Shanghai choose Hamburg to buy, but as i said, Germany won't sell their only TMS.

*Ljubica*
11-21-2004, 03:32 PM
How could Hamburg not be a good tournament when the legend Kent Carlsson won it.

Though Wilander and Muster never won there.

There have been some great finals the 1999 final was a classic between Rios and Zabaleta, then 2000 between Guga and Safin was even better.

Yes - I know it's a great tournament - just wish it was a bit warmer there that's all! When David lost in the first round there this year - he was on an outside court, he was last match on, and by the time he started it was cold, dark, drizzling, - and about the only people there were Eduardo, Javier (David's brother), Jorge Trevisan, me and Louise!!!!! And she deserted me half way through!!!!

Action Jackson
11-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Yes - I know it's a great tournament - just wish it was a bit warmer there that's all! When David lost in the first round there this year - he was on an outside court, he was last match on, and by the time he started it was cold, dark, drizzling, - and about the only people there were Eduardo, Javier (David's brother), Jorge Trevisan, me and Louise!!!!! And she deserted me half way through!!!!

You never know with the Hamburg weather and it's good that Boom Boom is in charge of the tournament, he should be able to turn it around.

The joys of watching sport in that weather, it's called bonding.

*Ljubica*
11-21-2004, 03:51 PM
You never know with the Hamburg weather and it's good that Boom Boom is in charge of the tournament, he should be able to turn it around.

The joys of watching sport in that weather, it's called bonding.

That is one word for it - though I can think of many others!!!!

sigmagirl91
11-24-2004, 08:31 PM
OK, all. I have three and one half hours of classroom observations to do; two more hours of clinicals to do; and a couple of computer projects to do before the semester is done. Right now, I'm making an "A" in everything. My portfolio is almost done, and I am applying for formal admission to the Teacher Education Program next semester.
Oh, and I will be teaching a remedial English class next semester as part of my reading/writing practicum. I won't be as busy next semester, but this semester didn't seem all that busy because I loved what I was doing.
Well, I've got one and one half hours before I go home for the holidays. Woo hoo....

*Ljubica*
11-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Holidays - wish we had one here this week-end :sad: I have to work, and it's been a nightmare at work all week because we've had a national computer system breakdown which means no computers at all in my office all week :eek: Every single item of my work is on the computer and they won't be fixed til at least Friday, so I've spent the week filing, cleaning, doing admin. and getting really angry as my work piles up around me and I can't do any of it :devil: Oh - and the fact that I can't access the Net at all from 7.30am til 4.00pm does NOT help :devil: Happy holidays Sigma!!

jazz_girl
11-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Well, I'm not any better than you...I've been visiting a lot of doctors this week, and I'll have to visit a few more, and make some health test. And I should be studying, but my mind has been somewhere else and I haven't been able to grab a book yet...:mad:

*Ljubica*
11-25-2004, 05:59 AM
Well, I'm not any better than you...I've been visiting a lot of doctors this week, and I'll have to visit a few more, and make some health test. And I should be studying, but my mind has been somewhere else and I haven't been able to grab a book yet...:mad:

Your health is more important than the books.........they can wait! Take care and try and keep cheerful :)

bovenbuuf
11-25-2004, 01:17 PM
yeah Jaz, really good luck with all the tests in hospital, hopefully they can find out how serious and what it is htat you have.

Here its busy, doing a little bit the same what Sigma is doing.. so are aswell not much at home and no acces at the computer.

novanora
11-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Bov, glad to see you again :hug:

Are you still doing the teaching practise?

ATPTOUR
11-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Please get well soon jazz.

jazz_girl
11-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Thank you so much :hug:
There are two, very interesting articles and interviews of David. I'll translate them know!!!

*Ljubica*
11-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Well the computer problems still remain at work :devil: so the good news is they have closed the office for the rest of the day because we literally haven't got anymore work that we can do!! So here I am at 1.00pm on a Friday - sitting at home - it's great!!!!

jazz_girl
11-26-2004, 01:13 PM
That's great Rosie!!! I'll leave in a couple of hours, I guess I'll be back in the evening, so have a nice day everyone :)!!!

*Ljubica*
11-26-2004, 01:17 PM
That's great Rosie!!! I'll leave in a couple of hours, I guess I'll be back in the evening, so have a nice day everyone :)!!!

You have a nice day too Jazz. I should be trying to make the most of my extra afternoon off by doing some washing and ironing instead of having to rush everything over the week-end..............but so far sitting here on the computer is winning!!!!

sigmagirl91
11-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Well the computer problems still remain at work :devil: so the good news is they have closed the office for the rest of the day because we literally haven't got anymore work that we can do!! So here I am at 1.00pm on a Friday - sitting at home - it's great!!!!

Hee hee...I'm home on Thanksgiving holiday. It's been great so far. I want to get out of here later this afternoon and catch up with family and eat more food.

*Ljubica*
11-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Hee hee...I'm home on Thanksgiving holiday. It's been great so far. I want to get out of here later this afternoon and catch up with family and eat more food.

Of course I forgot it was your Thanksgiving Holiday. I don't know too much about it but I hope you have a really great day with your family and friends..........and eat as much as you like - it's only one day a year :)

sigmagirl91
11-26-2004, 03:50 PM
I've eaten a lot, that's for sure. And check out who signed up for MTF today.....Perfect candidate for a good bashing, wouldn't you say?

novanora
11-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Sig, happy Thanksgiving Day!! a little bit late though..... :p
How long will this holiday remain? only 1 day?
Poor turkeys, they lost many families and relatives in this day :sad:

sigmagirl91
11-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Sig, happy Thanksgiving Day!! a little bit late though..... :p
How long will this holiday remain? only 1 day?
Poor turkeys, they lost many families and relatives in this day :sad:

Yeah, I guess. It's not long enough for me, though.

jazz_girl
11-26-2004, 04:09 PM
What is ghf?

jazz_girl
11-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey guys, I'm back early from the doctor, but I have to return in a few hours till night.
Till now everything looks fine so I'm quite happy :)

sigmagirl91
11-26-2004, 04:11 PM
What is ghf?

Hell if I know....

sigmagirl91
11-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey guys, I'm back early from the doctor, but I have to return in a few hours till night.

That's great to hear, Jazz. I hope that they find whatever it is they're looking for, so that you can get back on the path to recovery.

*Ljubica*
11-26-2004, 05:17 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be good news.

*Ljubica*
11-27-2004, 10:47 PM
:devil: :devil: I am sick of GM - I've just been accused of being a groupie again because I happened to post that I had met Tommy Haas a couple of times and he seemed like a nice guy! Why are there so many narrow-minded, sexist bigots here who don't think a woman can have a conversation with a man or afford to stay in a nice Hotel unless she's sleeping her way there :devil: :devil:

Fedex
11-27-2004, 11:12 PM
:devil: :devil: I am sick of GM - I've just been accused of being a groupie again because I happened to post that I had met Tommy Haas a couple of times and he seemed like a nice guy! Why are there so many narrow-minded, sexist bigots here who don't think a woman can have a conversation with a man or afford to stay in a nice Hotel unless she's sleeping her way there :devil: :devil:
Well, Rosie, you should know by that GM stands for "General Meatheads", so expecting intelligence or intelligent conversations there is rather ridiculous.

jazz_girl
11-27-2004, 11:29 PM
I completly forgot to mention it!!!! But I asked my dad if he knew David's new PT and he said he did. He said he was one of the best there is out there, so I think David is in good hands. Thought you'd like to hear this :)

sigmagirl91
11-28-2004, 12:23 AM

Don't pay attention to the mindless drivel that goes on over there. Seems to me they're jealous haters who thrive on conflict and controversy.

sigmagirl91
11-28-2004, 12:23 AM
I completly forgot to mention it!!!! But I asked my dad if he knew David's new PT and he said he did. He said he was one of the best there is out there, so I think David is in good hands. Thought you'd like to hear this :)

Our David's in wonderful hands, and he should be prepared for an awesome 2005.

Action Jackson
11-28-2004, 04:56 AM
I am happy David has a new PT, this means he could be doing some high altitude base work and sand running then like if he had me as a trainer.

novanora
11-28-2004, 07:57 AM
great, good luck to this new PT guy! Jazz, your dad is also a tennis fan?

and it's good to hear that your health is ok :D

Action Jackson
11-28-2004, 07:59 AM

Great to hear your health is better.

jazz_girl
11-28-2004, 10:33 AM
great, good luck to this new PT guy! Jazz, your dad is also a tennis fan?

and it's good to hear that your health is ok :D
Thanks George, Nova and Everyone :)!!!
And Nova, no, he's not a tennis fan although he watches it with me from time to time. He's a huge football fan and he has a lot of friends in that field, and David's new PT is a football PT from an important football team, that's why he knows him ;)

*Ljubica*
11-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info Jazz......and I have to ask - what are you doing up so early :confused: The time here in Europe is about 4 hours ahead of you and I have only just crawled out of bed this morning :eek: Mind you - I guess I need all the beauty sleep I can get if I'm going to succeed in my new job as a groupie that GM seem to have put me into!!!!

jazz_girl
11-28-2004, 11:28 AM
LOL!!!! What can I say, I'm a morning person...Actually I've been taking pills to relax, and I'm so relaxed now that I can't sleep anymore LOL! I woke up at 6 in a sunday!

*Ljubica*
11-28-2004, 11:31 AM
LOL!!!! What can I say, I'm a morning person...Actually I've been taking pills to relax, and I'm so relaxed now that I can't sleep anymore LOL! I woke up at 6 in a sunday!

Well I'm a morning person all week - up at 5.30am every day :devil: So today I decided I would wait until I woke up naturally and that was 10.30am! And it's pouring with rain here, so there's nothing much to do but sit here and be lazy and watch the Fed Cup Final on TV - not really a fan of womens' tennis but it's the only choice I have right now!!

jazz_girl
11-28-2004, 11:38 AM
I have to follow it online cause they're not showing it :(

*Ljubica*
11-28-2004, 11:44 AM
I have to follow it online cause they're not showing it :(

The match between Dechy and Kuznetsova (where Dechy won 8-6 in the final set) was excellent. Since then they haven't been so good, - I am much more looking forward to next week's Davis Cup Final - we have that live as well :)

jazz_girl
11-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah, we have the DC here as well, but they never show woman's tennis. Only if Gisela or Paola are playing a GS and it's not interfering with Men's tennis...
About the Kuztnetsova match from yesterday, I was suprised she lost it!!! i mean, in the second set she had lots of chances of winning it.

*Ljubica*
11-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah, we have the DC here as well, but they never show woman's tennis. Only if Gisela or Paola are playing a GS and it's not interfering with Men's tennis...
About the Kuztnetsova match from yesterday, I was suprised she lost it!!! i mean, in the second set she had lots of chances of winning it.

I think she was just nervous - playing at home in front of her own crowd and being very much the favourite. She isn't playing so well now actually - perhaps the pressure of the occasion is too much for her.

jazz_girl
11-28-2004, 12:08 PM
If she wins the match Russia is the champion, right?

*Ljubica*
11-28-2004, 12:21 PM
If she wins the match Russia is the champion, right?

Yes - because they are already 2-1 up and they play best of 5 like the DC. I think they deserve to after the year their women have had - they have won 3 out of the last four Grand Slams and two of those finals have been all-Russian encounters. Good for them :) Funnily enough - Tatiana Golovin is really Russian too - her parents just moved to France when she was very young and she took French nationality! I'd say it must prove they're all just naturally excellent sportswomen, but that gene obvously by-passed me as my Mother was from that part of the world as you know and I've always been hopeless at sports!! Only thing I inherited is the straight blonde hair!!

Bibir
11-28-2004, 05:42 PM
I didn't know where to post it Rosie!...Hope you like it :wavey:

http://www.rosiehippo.com/2004menuimages/logo2004small.gif

*Ljubica*
11-28-2004, 05:52 PM

Bea - they are so cute :) You know how much I love your hippos - and when I'm feeling sad and down and p***** off with life in general, they always make me smile :) Thanks for sharing your hippos with me, and hope it didn't take up too much of your time while your enjoying the sunny Caribbean!

sigmagirl91
11-28-2004, 07:16 PM

Darn, Bea. How I wish I could be in the Caribbean. Have a great time.

Bibir
11-28-2004, 11:57 PM
:hug: :hug:

Well, I'm not really in Caribbean ...Marat is over there in vacation...and now all his schizophrenic fans from MTF(me included) claim to be in Caribbean with him ....The effect of hippo mushrooms I presume. :o

I'm the one with the blue dress. :)

http://www.fabricblowout.com/JFK/hippobeachLG.jpg

*Ljubica*
11-29-2004, 05:54 AM

Well, I'm not really in Caribbean ...Marat is over there in vacation...and now all his schizophrenic fans from MTF(me included) claim to be in Caribbean with him ....The effect of hippo mushrooms I presume. :o

So I presume Marat is the one with the surfboard? You do make me laugh Bea :p

sigmagirl91
11-29-2004, 11:52 AM

And you do look smashing in that blue dress, my darling. Give the rest of the hippos a big hug and kiss from me.

jazz_girl
11-29-2004, 01:04 PM
LOL!!! That seems so much fun!!!! I wanne be there as well :)

*Ljubica*
11-29-2004, 01:20 PM
So if Marat's the one with the surfboard - which one is David? I guess he must be the one peeking from behind the sand dune - just checking that Sofia isn't around :devil:

jazz_girl
11-29-2004, 02:33 PM
What??? So David is also a hippo now? :haha:

*Ljubica*
11-29-2004, 02:44 PM

But it would be so cruel to make him miss out on all the fun - so perhaps he can just pretend to be a hippo for the duration of the holiday :) I'm sure he and Marat would have lots of fun with all the glamourous lady hippos on the beach!

sigmagirl91
11-29-2004, 03:23 PM
So if Marat's the one with the surfboard - which one is David? I guess he must be the one peeking from behind the sand dune - just checking that Sofia isn't around :devil:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

sigmagirl91
11-29-2004, 03:24 PM

Ahem.....yes..... :o

*Ljubica*
11-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Ahem.....yes..... :o

Never mind he will soon lose weight and become a slim hippo, if GWH gets anywhere near him and makes him run up and down those sand-dunes!!! By the way - I rather see myself as the one in the red dress in the deck-chair - kind of being lazy and keeping my eye on everything and everyone!!!

Bibir
11-29-2004, 10:30 PM
By the way - I rather see myself as the one in the red dress in the deck-chair - kind of being lazy and keeping my eye on everything and everyone!!!
:lol:
I knew it was you....the lazy Rosie :zzz:

It's nice to see that Nalby's fans are schizophrenic too...like Hippo's fans! :hug: ...we're taking the same substances visibly ;)
We all need some (love) treatments in Caribbean...next to sexy David and Hot Marat! :D

http://members.aol.com/HippoPix2/hiphip.gif

Bibir
11-29-2004, 10:53 PM
LOL!!! That seems so much fun!!!! I wanne be there as well :)
No problem girl!..This is you Jime....already in action...trying to seduce David! :cool: ...hehe...He seems quite interested! :)

http://www.hippopotamus.org/misc/boogiehippo.gifhttp://www.carp.org.ar/img/davis/05nota-nalbandian.jpg

jazz_girl
11-30-2004, 12:43 AM
LMAO!!!!!!! That looks like me after eating too much chocolates! :haha:

sigmagirl91
11-30-2004, 12:52 AM
And you do look smashing in that blue dress, my darling. Give the rest of the hippos a big hug and kiss from me.

Maybe I'm the last hippo in the conga line.

*Ljubica*
11-30-2004, 05:59 AM
:lol:
I knew it was you....the lazy Rosie :zzz:

It's nice to see that Nalby's fans are schizophrenic too...like Hippo's fans! :hug: ...we're taking the same substances visibly ;)
We all need some (love) treatments in Caribbean...next to sexy David and Hot Marat! :D

http://members.aol.com/HippoPix2/hiphip.gif

Like Marat's fans - David's fans go through an awful lot of stress sometimes :eek: - you can't begin to imagine how many times we've seen him serve for a set or a match and lose that awful serve of his :eek: :eek: So guess we need to be schizophrenic and keep taking those substances in order to survive!

Bibir
11-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Like Marat's fans - David's fans go through an awful lot of stress sometimes
So true! :hug:

Sigma<<< Great outfit as always! :yeah:

http://members.aol.com/Granada772/hippstuf/stamp12.gif

Hehe...you're not doing too badly! Look at David! He wants to say something. :eek: :eek:
"I love u" :p

http://www.geocities.com/beccerz_99/hloves2s1x1.gif

Edit: As I couldn't see the first pic...I changed it.

*Ljubica*
11-30-2004, 09:44 AM

http://hem.passagen.se/hippolove/danseuse3.gif

Hehe...you're not doing too badly! Look at David! He wants to say something. :eek: :eek:

:p Bea :p You have just made me laugh out loud in the middle of the office and about 50 people turned round to see what the fuss was about!! What was I supposed to tell them when I'm not meant to be on the Net during working hours! Thanks for giving me such a good laugh - and glad David is saying "I love you" in English ;)

Bibir
11-30-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm sure they will understand you Rosie! :hug:...You can see the first pic?...I can't...OK I will find another pic of sigma...in swimsuit! :banana:

<<<< Voilà...I already found another pic...you can check! ;)

*Ljubica*
11-30-2004, 10:33 AM
When Sigma wakes up and sees that I'm sure she'll be very pleased!

jazz_girl
11-30-2004, 10:43 AM
LOL!!!! You're too funny Bea! :haha:

Bibir
11-30-2004, 02:09 PM
C'mon Sigma, wake up! :banana:

sigmagirl91
11-30-2004, 02:37 PM

http://members.aol.com/Granada772/hippstuf/stamp12.gif

Edit: As I couldn't see the first pic...I changed it.

I love it, I love it....thanks, Bea.

sigmagirl91
11-30-2004, 02:37 PM
When Sigma wakes up and sees that I'm sure she'll be very pleased!

I am over the moon right now.

*Ljubica*
11-30-2004, 02:45 PM
I am over the moon right now.

Knew you would be ;) And I wish I was :sad: Just spent the past 2 hours standing outside in the pouring rain because we had a "bomb alert" - turned out to be a false alarm but in a Government Department we can't be too careful. Now I'm wet and cold and p***** off and want to go home :devil:

jazz_girl
11-30-2004, 03:07 PM
That's sooo bad Rosie!
I hope you're day can finish soon and you can go home :)

sigmagirl91
11-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Knew you would be ;) And I wish I was :sad: Just spent the past 2 hours standing outside in the pouring rain because we had a "bomb alert" - turned out to be a false alarm but in a Government Department we can't be too careful. Now I'm wet and cold and p***** off and want to go home :devil:

Oh, that's terrible. Did everything get worked out?

*Ljubica*
11-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Oh, that's terrible. Did everything get worked out?

Yes thanks - it was only a hoax - we get a lot of them to be honest, but as a Government organisation we can't dare ignore them. Worst part was just that it was so wet and cold - we wanted to go into the pub down the road to stay dry :) but we weren't allowed to because we're not allowed to be seen in such establishments during working hours :devil: Anyway - I'm home now - had a shower and warmed up a bit, but I'm still in a bit of a bad mood :devil: - it's still raining, the cats are fighting because they're bored and they don't want to go out in the rain, I've got a bad case of PMS - well - you get the picture! Sorry for the rant!

crigazzio
11-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Yes thanks - it was only a hoax - we get a lot of them to be honest, but as a Government organisation we can't dare ignore them. Worst part was just that it was so wet and cold - we wanted to go into the pub down the road to stay dry :) but we weren't allowed to because we're not allowed to be seen in such establishments during working hours :devil: Anyway - I'm home now - had a shower and warmed up a bit, but I'm still in a bit of a bad mood :devil: - it's still raining, the cats are fighting because they're bored and they don't want to go out in the rain, I've got a bad case of PMS - well - you get the picture! Sorry for the rant!

Ohhh Rose!! :rolleyes: So sorry!!! But it was just a bad day(really bad by the way!! :mad: ) But you´re in home, and there´s nthing like being there, warm and calm, right??? Have nice dreeems girl.... :)
And a better day tomorrow!!! :wavey:

jazz_girl
12-01-2004, 08:58 PM
This is too quiet!!!
Where's everyone??? :confused:

*Ljubica*
12-01-2004, 09:06 PM
This is too quiet!!!
Where's everyone??? :confused:

You don't want to know :devil: When I got home tonight my Internet provider was f*****! I've been having problems with them for a while - so now I've decided to change to another one, so I have been working all night trying to get my new one sorted out on the computer. Now I seem to have Internet access but can't get into my emails :eek: I'm going to go to bed in an extremely bad mood in a minute! And admit I've been driven to my first cigarette since I left Basel :devil:

jazz_girl
12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Sorry Rosie!!! And please, put out that cigarrette!!!!
I've been having some problems with my server this morning, but it seems to be working fine now.
I've been studying the whole day cause I have two finals tomorrow! It's French and English, but I'm not so worried cause I think I'll do alright :) I've already studied everything that was needed so I should be alright :)

*Ljubica*
12-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Sorry Rosie!!! And please, put out that cigarrette!!!!
I've been having some problems with my server this morning, but it seems to be working fine now.
I've been studying the whole day cause I have two finals tomorrow! It's French and English, but I'm not so worried cause I think I'll do alright :) I've already studied everything that was needed so I should be alright :)

Too late for the warning Jazz - in fact - I've had two :eek: But don't worry about it - promise I won't go back to the vile habit full-time! I was just angry because I came home early to write a report for work, but couldn't get on-line, so I wrote it all off-line - and promptly lost the lot and had to do it all again :devil: So the cigarettes were preferable to going out and killing some innocent stranger in the street :devil: Good luck in your exams - you're brilliant and I know you will do well! I'm going to bed now because I have the most dreadful headache from all the stress :sad:

jazz_girl
12-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks Rosie!
I hope you have a better day tomorrow :)
Good night!!! :wavey:

*Ljubica*
12-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks Rosie!
I hope you have a better day tomorrow :)
Good night!!! :wavey:

Goodnight Jazzita :wavey:

jazz_girl
12-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Night! :)

sigmagirl91
12-02-2004, 12:55 AM
You don't want to know :devil: When I got home tonight my Internet provider was f*****! I've been having problems with them for a while - so now I've decided to change to another one, so I have been working all night trying to get my new one sorted out on the computer. Now I seem to have Internet access but can't get into my emails :eek: I'm going to go to bed in an extremely bad mood in a minute! And admit I've been driven to my first cigarette since I left Basel :devil:

You may want to contact your new ISP to see if there are some security or firewall issues with regard to your email. They may want you to "repair" your connection.

-ernie-
12-02-2004, 03:16 AM
my computer did that too. but now it works its all so confusing.

*Ljubica*
12-02-2004, 06:08 AM
You may want to contact your new ISP to see if there are some security or firewall issues with regard to your email. They may want you to "repair" your connection.

Already done all that Sigma - thanks.

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 10:41 AM
I just read some DC news in Olé and they said that yesterday Roddick didn't have a good day with his raquet...Then, they decided to play a Baseball game and the Spanish played too, of course the American won. Then they played a football match, and the Spanish got their revenge.
Apparently Spadea is there too and he's being tested to see who plays the second single match: Fish or Spadea.

Action Jackson
12-02-2004, 10:45 AM
I think MC Vinny will love being boooed by the Spanish crowd and maybe he can do a rap about them.

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Coria on the DC:
"tengo que ganarme el puesto. Para mí, hoy por hoy estoy afuera del equipo de la Davis porque Gaudio, Cañas y Nalbandian están antes que yo. Voy a hacer lo mejor para estar en el equipo, pero sino, ya le dije al Luli (Mancini) que voy a entrenar con ellos esas dos semanas"
"I have to win my place there. To me, right now I'm out of the DC team cause Gaudio, Cañas and Nalbandian are ahead of me. I'll do my best to be in the team, but if not, I already said to Luli (Mancini) that I'll train with them during those two weeks."

Action Jackson
12-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Nadal is playing the 2nd singles.

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Is Ferrero or Moyá out? I think Nadal will do great! He'll crush Roddick.

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey Rosie, I just read what's being said in the Coria Yahoo group about David's split and don't you find it odd that she wrote the exact same thing 4 or 5 months ago about him splitting with Infantino? I mean, she wrote the exact same words! LOL
I guess they're bored, with no tennis on tv they have to start spreading rumors...

sigmagirl91
12-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey Rosie, I just read what's being said in the Coria Yahoo group about David's split and don't you find it odd that she wrote the exact same thing 4 or 5 months ago about him splitting with Infantino? I mean, she wrote the exact same words! LOL
I guess they're bored, with no tennis on tv they have to start spreading rumors...

Personally, I think they are the most vitriolic, vindictive, hateful fans on the 'net. And I'm willing to bet that most of them don't have a job or anything, so they have time to make up some real good rumors.

A whole lot of Coria's fans may not endorse that opinion, as they are also fans of David. I just wished they would step up and stamp out vicious rumors, because it makes them look bad.

sigmagirl91
12-02-2004, 12:03 PM
my computer did that too. but now it works its all so confusing.

My server is all whacked sometimes, but it's all good now.

sigmagirl91
12-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Already done all that Sigma - thanks.

So, all is good now, I trust?

*Ljubica*
12-02-2004, 12:39 PM
So, all is good now, I trust?

Well I'm at work now so won't know for sure til I get home but I hope so. I'm working late tonight so I can take tomorrow afternoon off to go home and watch the Davis Cup Final on TV - but I will check it out then.

novanora
12-02-2004, 01:21 PM
hi~~friends! i am quite busy with the exams this week!!! totally worn out!! don't have any time to scratch the internet! but glad it already been over now!!~~:D

BTW, finally i will begin to learn spanish next week:woohoo:, only has learned pronounciation so far, the letter "r" is sooooo difficult for me to pronouce it! :( my tongue seems almost a knot!!! "dalahhlahhhhldalhahahla" :shrug:

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 02:39 PM
You'll get it right eventually Nova! When I begun studying French the "r" sound was too hard for me to do, but now I've learnt it and don't find it hard anymore :)

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi guys!!!
I just came back from school and I passed my two finals!!! I got 100% in English and 70% in French. I'm kind of mad at my French prof. cause I know I deserved a higher grade, but whatever!
Right now I'm glad I'm home and not outside cause it's way too HOT (30°C)

*Ljubica*
12-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Hi guys!!!
I just came back from school and I passed my two finals!!! I got 100% in English and 70% in French. I'm kind of mad at my French prof. cause I know I deserved a higher grade, but whatever!

Congrats Jazz - I knew you could do it :worship: And you wouldn't want to be outside here either because it's below freezing :)

sigmagirl91
12-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi guys!!!

Congrats, Jazz!!! We knew that you could do it. Anymore finals coming up?

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Yes, I have 6 more finals!!! But I'll take it easy, if I can't handle it I'll leave it for february. The next will be on tuesday and it's Human Resources.
Right now the weather outside is even worse! 33°C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking about having some ice-cream :)

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 09:41 PM
OMG!!! I just checked again and it's 34°C! I think I'm melting LOL!!!

*Ljubica*
12-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Enjoy your icecream - you deserve it :) But OMG - 34 degrees is far, far too hot for me :eek: - it's well below freezing here so I could just put the icecream outside if I wanted and wouldn't need a freezer!!! I think I'll stick to a nice cup of hot chocolate though before I go to bed!!

jazz_girl
12-02-2004, 10:05 PM
I only like hot weather when I'm in a pool. Not when I have to wear a uniform and travel by subway :mad:

-ernie-
12-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Here in Texas its 30 degrees Farenhiet, dont go by celcius. Good weather right now its gonna start chillin up dramtically as we head further into DECEMBER. chrismas is near tho :)

gravity
12-03-2004, 02:09 AM
OMG!!! I just checked again and it's 34°C! I think I'm melting LOL!!!

I know what you mean. :eek: Today I wore just the one sweater when I was out shopping on Avenida Santa Fe.

Rosie: Do you prefer the freezing cold English winter to a scorching summer in Argentina with all the goodlooking guys hanging around shirtless? :devil:

sigmagirl91
12-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Give me well-sculpted, sexy man candy any day of the week-especially in the summer.

Action Jackson
12-03-2004, 03:51 AM
The only good things about summer are longer daylight hours and the women wear less clothing.

*Ljubica*
12-03-2004, 11:00 AM
I know what you mean. :eek: Today I wore just the one sweater when I was out shopping on Avenida Santa Fe.

Rosie: Do you prefer the freezing cold English winter to a scorching summer in Argentina with all the goodlooking guys hanging around shirtless? :devil:

LOL - Gravity!!! Well like most women I like to see good looking guys hanging around shirtless :), but if I lived in Argentina I could only admire them through the window of an air-conditioned room so it probably wouldn't be much fun! I'm one of these pale blonde types who go red and burn in anything over 20 degrees C and I get ill if I'm subject to hot temperatures - so guess the good looking guys will have to come to freezing England and take their shirts off in my house!!!!

jazz_girl
12-03-2004, 11:06 AM
LOL!!!
Well, right now it's 27°C and only 8am. I hope it starts raining really soon!!!!

bovenbuuf
12-03-2004, 11:52 AM
hi all. I am still busy. Have now aswell another job. Have to give classes at University about some Research models. But hopefully it will be nice. But it does mean i won't be posting that much anymore.. no time.

novanora
12-03-2004, 12:02 PM
what a pity, bov! i still hope you can squeeze sometime to post.:) i am also busy, but will rush over the forum. Hope your classes will be fine!! i will miss you if you don't come :hug::hug:

bovenbuuf
12-04-2004, 09:15 AM
thanks Nova, it was also really good to talk to you again! will try to post from time to time:hug:

jazz_girl
12-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi boven and Nova!!! It's nice to see you here! :wavey:
Have you seen the DC matches yesterday??? Rafa was just amazing! :worship: He's got a huge heart and he played with it yesterday. It was also very sweet to hear him afterwards all choked up and about to cry. I hope he can win today so Spain finally wins :)

bovenbuuf
12-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi Jazz :wavey: yes well saw the highlights...

novanora
12-04-2004, 03:38 PM
hi, Jazz and bov, nice to see u two today! :hug:
i watched the Moya's live match on internet, but no Rafa, it's good to see he wins:yeah: Spain team captain made a right choice :devil: But actually, i don't care much about the DC final. Neither USA nor Spain interests me......also there's no suspension of this final.

By the way, i wanna ask, is there anyone who play MTF 2005 tournament game hasn't the doubles partner for your player so far? i am looking for a doubles partner for Misha~ :scratch:

jazz_girl
12-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Hi Nova!
Sorry, I chose two players and put them together in the doubles. Why don't you choose another player?

novanora
12-04-2004, 05:26 PM
i did choose two players like you, but Robin has already been picked as double partner of TJ. I think they made a quite ideal swedish pair ;)

so now, i am still searching a proper partner for misha.

jazz_girl
12-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh, sorry Nova.
Hey, I was watching the DC match and a reporter said that it hasn't been confirmed yet, but apparently Cañas won't play in the exhibition :sad:

*Ljubica*
12-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Sorry Nova - my two players David and Agustin Calleri are playing together, and if they are in different tournaments then David is playing with Canas and Agustin with Chela. Hope you find someone for Misha.

jazz_girl
12-05-2004, 12:13 PM
There's been some changes with coaches, again!
Markus will coach Giovanni Lapentti, and Frana, Chela. Mancini is not Nicolás Lapentti's coach anymore, now it's Alejandro Gattiker.

sigmagirl91
12-05-2004, 02:41 PM
There's been some changes with coaches, again!
Markus will coach Giovanni Lapentti, and Frana, Chela. Mancini is not Nicolás Lapentti's coach anymore, now it's Alejandro Gattiker.

Musical coaches once again.

*Ljubica*
12-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Yes- GWH's "Argentine coaching dance" is building up speed :) Personally I don't care what they do as long as David and Eduardo stay together - they will have worked together for 2 years next month which is a hell of a long time in Argentine coaching history - good luck to them and long may their partnership continue :)

jazz_girl
12-05-2004, 03:10 PM
That's true Rosie! Am I wrong or not even Gaudio and Davin have been together so long? Good for them :yeah:

*Ljubica*
12-05-2004, 07:53 PM
That's true Rosie! Am I wrong or not even Gaudio and Davin have been together so long? Good for them :yeah:

Not sure exactly how long Gaudio and Davin have been together -I think it is less than David and Eduardo, but not much difference in it so they are a great partnership too. I have a photo of all four of them together at the 2003 WTC and Davin was Gaudio's coach then so it has to be at least 18 months for them.

taysbest
12-05-2004, 09:16 PM
I think David and Eduardo's partnership might be a record! I agree, I think it's been a bit longer than GG and FD. Good for them- it's good that they can maintain their partnership.

jazz_girl
12-05-2004, 09:45 PM
What about Cañas and Gummy?

novanora
12-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Oh, sorry Nova.
Hey, I was watching the DC match and a reporter said that it hasn't been confirmed yet, but apparently Cañas won't play in the exhibition :sad:
:sad: :sad: he was the champion last year, right? why he won't play?
I think he will be with Gummy next year. They are great pair, and achieved a lot this year, no reason to change.

BTW, thanks, Rosie. I am still searching the partner for Misha. If any of you have good one to recommend, i would appreciate a lot!! :worship:

jazz_girl
12-06-2004, 11:43 AM
It hasn't been confirmed yet Nova, but that's the rumor.

*Ljubica*
12-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Well today Massu has pulled out of the exhibition because he is not yet fully recovered from his recent surgery - not entirely surprising -I thought he was being very optimistic to start playing so soon after an operation. He is being replaced by Fernando Gonzalez- but Canas is still in the draw at present.

jazz_girl
12-08-2004, 10:56 AM
I think Horna should have replaced Massu in the draw, and not Gonzalez. After all, Horna was in the alternate list...

sigmagirl91
12-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Oh....my....goodness, you all, I just put together what has to be a novel of a teacher portfolio. It's quite heavy, and contains bunches of assignments collected over the semester. This portfolio, of course, will be added to and be used to help me get into the teacher education program-and eventually, get a job.

Fedex
12-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Oh....my....goodness, you all, I just put together what has to be a novel of a teacher portfolio. It's quite heavy, and contains bunches of assignments collected over the semester. This portfolio, of course, will be added to and be used to help me get into the teacher education program-and eventually, get a job.
Well, good luck with that, sigma. :)

sigmagirl91
12-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Yea, yea, yea for me--I finished the darn thing. My portfolio is ready for me to submit for a grade. The thing took long enough to compile. Thank goodness it will be easier to keep up with now that the majority of it is in one place. Maybe next semester when I teach this remedial class I can be less stressed and more relaxed.
Right now, I am hoping my final grades in my classes are good enough to earn me a spot in the Teacher Education Program next fall.

novanora
12-09-2004, 05:03 AM
good luck to you, sig. But why you want to change your financial job to being a teacher? is it the ideal job for u? If you keep your current job, you needn't deal with those bunches :)
anyway, do what you want to do.

jazz_girl
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Good Luck sigma! :)
Right now I'm on the middle of hell, I've got to study for lots of tests. I did well so far, I go 90% in Human Resources, but today I have a Financial, not very easy...

sigmagirl91
12-09-2004, 01:08 PM
good luck to you, sig. But why you want to change your financial job to being a teacher? is it the ideal job for u? If you keep your current job, you needn't deal with those bunches :)
anyway, do what you want to do.

I'll still be doing my job, but the teaching part is for a class I'm taking. I'm not getting paid (at least I don't think I am) for teaching that class-besides, I'm teaching alongside another instructor.

sigmagirl91
12-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Good Luck sigma! :)
Right now I'm on the middle of hell, I've got to study for lots of tests. I did well so far, I go 90% in Human Resources, but today I have a Financial, not very easy...

Is that Financial test gonna be your last one? Or do you still have more to go? I have a take-home test, along with a couple of quizzes that I have to complete by Tuesday. Shouldn't be that bad.

jazz_girl
12-09-2004, 06:38 PM
No sigma! I still have 5 more tests left, but I don't know if I'll manage to take them all now, maybe I'll leave a couple of them for February...My Financial test went well, I got 70% :)

sigmagirl91
12-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Icky. Well, best of luck. How's the job hunting going. You're almost finished, right?

jazz_girl
12-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Almost done.
A friend of mine offered to take my CV to her boss, she's working in a very important hotel and she's being transfered so she thought of me :) I'll try not to get my hopes up because I've been intervied there 4 times, with no luck, so...
Right now I'm focusing on finishing my tests, and once it's done I'll start thinking about the job hunting.

sigmagirl91
12-10-2004, 04:25 AM
Almost done.
A friend of mine offered to take my CV to her boss, she's working in a very important hotel and she's being transfered so she thought of me :) I'll try not to get my hopes up because I've been intervied there 4 times, with no luck, so...
Right now I'm focusing on finishing my tests, and once it's done I'll start thinking about the jub hunting.

Sounds great. Best of luck to you.

*Ljubica*
12-11-2004, 10:00 PM
OK - I know this won't mean anything to anyone here outside England, but it is the "Say What You Want" thread............So I've been watching "X-Factor" for months now (it's one of those National TV Talent contests), and it was the final tonight - and Steve won - and he's been my favourite from Week 1 so I'm really pleased for him :) He wasn't just one of these "pretty boy band" types - he was older and ordinary looking but he really COULD sing - he cried when he won and I cried for him too :) Way to go Steve :worship:

jazz_girl
12-12-2004, 12:55 AM
I forgot to tell you this, but I heard an interview with Coria yesterday and he said that he's planning on playing doubles with David. They tried to do it this year, but every time they tried some of them got injured and couldn't do it. He also said that they know each other too well, and he's sure they're gonna make a great team. One of the reasons of playing together again is for the DC.

jazz_girl
12-12-2004, 12:41 PM
I just read that David has donated some personal objects to sell on the internet, along with other sportsman, to get money for a little kid, who's 10 months old and needs a surgery. :yeah:
I'll try to see if I can find out more about this.

*Ljubica*
12-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I just read that David has donated some personal objects to sell on the internet, along with other sportsman, to get money for a little kid, who's 10 months old and needs a surgery. :yeah:
I'll try to see if I can find out more about this.

That's good - yes -I'd love to hear more about that :)

jazz_girl
12-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Ok, this is what I know so far: the other people that's participating are Ginobili(baskeball player), Julio Bocca (ballet dancer), football players and rugbiers. They're donating some autographed items and will be sold in the internet.
The little kid needs 150.000 dollars for a surgery.
http://www.lacalle-online.com/suplementos/informatica/nota.php?id=143

*Ljubica*
12-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Ok, this is what I know so far: the other people that's participating are Ginobili(baskeball player), Julio Bocca (ballet dancer), football players and rugbiers. They're donating some autographed items and will be sold in the internet.

Thanks for the info Jazz- please keep us informed.

khyber
12-12-2004, 03:56 PM
I'd donate if I thought I could get Bocca to show up at my house and dance around my living room in his ballet tights! :devil: Male ballet dancers have the best bodies in the world. :worship:

novanora
12-12-2004, 04:11 PM
I forgot to tell you this, but I heard an interview with Coria yesterday and he said that he's planning on playing doubles with David. They tried to do it this year, but every time they tried some of them got injured and couldn't do it. He also said that they know each other too well, and he's sure they're gonna make a great team. One of the reasons of playing together again is for the DC.
is that means they will make permanent partners next year?

http://www.lacalle-online.com/suple...nota.php?id=143
this kid was lucky. Many kids in the world suffer illness, and some of them could be dead, not all of them can receive such attention like this kid. Guess what david will donate? his racquet? or ......his plate? :haha: we know he got many plates

jazz_girl
12-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Bocca is an amazing dancer, and good looking too ;)

khyber
12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Bocca is an amazing dancer, and good looking too ;)
What a photo :yippee:
http://www.criticaldance.com/reviews/2003/Bocca_2003_0600.html

^Sue^
12-13-2004, 03:54 AM
That guy is brave yo..

sigmagirl91
12-13-2004, 04:47 AM
Whoa...wow..that guy looks amazing....

jazz_girl
12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Yeah, he's hot :)

gravity
12-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Yeah, he's hot :)

And obviously gay. :p

jazz_girl
12-14-2004, 02:04 AM
bisexual, according to him ;) He's still hot.

jazz_girl
12-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi guys! I just read in Olé that Cañas withdrew because of a tendonitis, Acasuso will replace him. The confirmed players till now are:
David Nalbandian, Gastón Gaudio, Fernando González, Juan Ignacio Chela, Mariano Zabaleta, Agustín Calleri, Juan Mónaco and Juan Monaco.

*Ljubica*
12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi guys! I just read in Olé that Cañas withdrew because of a tendonitis, Acasuso will replace him. The confirmed players till now are:
David Nalbandian, Gastón Gaudio, Fernando González, Juan Ignacio Chela, Mariano Zabaleta, Agustín Calleri, Juan Mónaco and Juan Monaco.

Shame about Canas - hope he gets better soon.

jazz_girl
12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm not too sure he's injured. I heard a journalist two weeks ago, and he said he was planning on withdrawing to take some more rest before the next season ;)

sigmagirl91
12-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Yea.....I just finished the semester with two A's. The hard work has paid off.

Just some highlights (some very funny highlights):

My Monday class had three serious idiots who could compete with the guys from Dumb and Dumber for a sequel. That serious....
One of 'em plagiarized his PowerPoint assignment, and paid $59.95 for a free financial aid application.
The other couldn't perform a simple mail merge and whined to the teacher that he "just couldn't do it; it's too hard". He's the same guy who failed the class because he couldn't complete the observation requirement-something everyone must do to pass the class; otherwise, you fail no matter how you do with the rest of the assignments. And....he said "fuck" to the teacher, which she gave him hell about.
And another had Darwin as his PowerPoint assignment. Keep in mind that this particular assignment required the class to discuss something technology-related. When he finished his rather exhausting "compendium" on Darwin (everyone was laughing, and you would have been too if you were sitting in on this), the teacher asked him how what he talked about related to technology. His response? "Our bodies are technology, aren't they?"

My Tuesday class had a music major. This is how genius he was: he told the class that he knew great ways and strategies to cheat. Now why would you discuss this with the class-in front of the teacher? And I wasn't there when he had to teach the class, but I heard from another student that it was totally hilarious.

Well, that's my semester. I totally look forward to more hilarious antics next semester with my reading/writing practicum, which will find me teaching a bunch of remedial students, who can't write an effective appeals letter to save their lives. "I am a hard worker" is hardly enough when you're talking about getting your scholarship back.

jazz_girl
12-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Congratulations Sigma!!!! :worship: :yeah:

Bibir
12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Congrats Sigma! :banana:

I think it's party time now! ;)

http://www.hippochri.de/images/hippocartoon.gif

sigmagirl91
12-15-2004, 03:35 PM

I love the dancing hippo, Bea. Is there a Christmas one out?

Bibir
12-15-2004, 04:02 PM
:angel:

http://www.hippochri.de/images/hippoXmas.gif

ho! ho! ho! hippo Christmas Sigma, Rosie and Jime. :hug:

sigmagirl91
12-15-2004, 05:02 PM
:angel:

http://www.hippochri.de/images/hippoXmas.gif

ho! ho! ho! hippo Christmas Sigma, Rosie and Jime. :hug:

I like it, I like it..... :D

*Ljubica*
12-15-2004, 06:04 PM
I like it, I like it..... :D

So do I :) Thanks Bea for the cute Christmas hippo come to cheer us up in a sad week.

jazz_girl
12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks a lot Bea :)

gravity
12-15-2004, 08:16 PM

:lol: you hippo fans are crazy

congratulations sigmagirl glad all the hard work is paying off for you.

sigmagirl91
12-15-2004, 08:59 PM
:lol: you hippo fans are crazy

congratulations sigmagirl glad all the hard work is paying off for you.

Thanks.

bovenbuuf
12-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Good to hear your classes and stuff goes well Sig..

Today I had to teach again, and found out that a Christmas ball has a huge impact. Kids who are angry because they want to decorate instead of following classes, the question what to wear tonight, and what neckless would be better, and well apologies because half of the class didn't had any books....

novanora
12-16-2004, 06:54 PM

Today I had to teach again, and found out that a Christmas ball has a huge impact. Kids who are angry because they want to decorate instead of following classes, the question what to wear tonight, and what neckless would be better, and well apologies because half of the class didn't had any books....
i have read your email.....Profesora Bovenbuuf :lol: it's so nice you meet the "donkey" and talk :yeah:

and now i know you also teach Christmas decorating class :lol: good wishes to you and your lovely little kids students :wavey:

novanora
12-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Yea.....I just finished the semester with two A's. The hard work has paid off.

Just some highlights (some very funny highlights):

My Monday class had three serious idiots who could compete with the guys from Dumb and Dumber for a sequel. That serious....
One of 'em plagiarized his PowerPoint assignment, and paid $59.95 for a free financial aid application.
The other couldn't perform a simple mail merge and whined to the teacher that he "just couldn't do it; it's too hard". He's the same guy who failed the class because he couldn't complete the observation requirement-something everyone must do to pass the class; otherwise, you fail no matter how you do with the rest of the assignments. And....he said "fuck" to the teacher, which she gave him hell about.
And another had Darwin as his PowerPoint assignment. Keep in mind that this particular assignment required the class to discuss something technology-related. When he finished his rather exhausting "compendium" on Darwin (everyone was laughing, and you would have been too if you were sitting in on this), the teacher asked him how what he talked about related to technology. His response? "Our bodies are technology, aren't they?"
:haha::haha::haha: Professor Dumb, Professor Dumber and Professor Dumbest~ :lol: thanks sig for the sharing and you did amazing job.

My Tuesday class had a music major. This is how genius he was: he told the class that he knew great ways and strategies to cheat. Now why would you discuss this with the class-in front of the teacher? And I wasn't there when he had to teach the class, but I heard from another student that it was totally hilarious.

:eek::eek::eek:

novanora
12-16-2004, 07:10 PM
ah, i never saw a hippo dance ballet ;) classic Swan Lake, maybe we should say Hippo Marsh?
Thanks for sharing, bea. stunning one.

sigmagirl91
12-16-2004, 08:34 PM

So, how did the semester go? Busy I'll bet.

bovenbuuf
12-17-2004, 07:31 AM
i have read your email.....Profesora Bovenbuuf :lol: it's so nice you meet the "donkey" and talk :yeah:

and now i know you also teach Christmas decorating class :lol: good wishes to you and your lovely little kids students :wavey:
:lol: well must say have to get used by the word profesora, Juf in Dutch btw.. and well and Donkey made it worse.. once she had my name wrong so she said JuJu. and now with Juf Judith.. it became even more JuJu.. so well not sure if I am making progress;)

And yes it was nice to meet Donkey! She is really nice:)

bovenbuuf
12-17-2004, 07:34 AM
So, how did the semester go? Busy I'll bet.
well they went well, almost passed all courses, here we end 1 period at the end of January so have to wait for that.. but its going well, and just giving now around the 6 classes at highschool, and 3 classes at Uni..

jazz_girl
12-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Well guys, I'm off to school to take another final. I'm kind of nervous for this one, but I don't know. I don't wanna think much till I have the paper in from of me!
I don't know if I'll be able to talk to you again before the match, it depends on how long I am at school. Anyway, if there's someone from Argentina, Chile or Uruguay who can post some live score or results at the exhibition thread, I'm sure a lot of members will be very pleased ;)
Big hugs!

novanora
12-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Good luck, jazz! :hug: exam is only a piece of cake for u.

*Ljubica*
12-17-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm probably too late - but just wanted to say GOOD LUCK JAZZ :) Don't worry and I'm sure everything will be fine. And -of course ENJOY Copa Argentina tonight - have loads of fun and, if David plays, please give him a big cheer from me :)

jazz_girl
12-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Well, the exam was terribly difficult, and a lot of good students didn't pass it. Luckily I did pass it, but with a horrible grade (50%). But I don't really care, I studied a lot for it and I passed it. Now I can go enjoy the exhibition :bounce:

novanora
12-17-2004, 08:31 PM
great, you can cope with loads of exam cakes.
enjoy the matches and bring us the report :hug:

*Ljubica*
12-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Congratulations Jazz :yippee: Now go and have loads of fun at the Copa Argentina- you deserve it :hug:

bovenbuuf
12-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Congrats Jazz

bovenbuuf
12-18-2004, 10:33 AM
oh and Rosie I really like your new avatar. Lovely cat

Bibir
12-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Congrats Jazz! Jedi Force in you! :)

http://www.hippochri.de/images/hippoLuke_Eiwalker.gif

novanora
12-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Wow~~~ Jedi hippo is coming!!

:bigwave: Bea

*Ljubica*
12-18-2004, 12:18 PM
oh and Rosie I really like your new avatar. Lovely cat

Thanks - seems Sasha is getting his own fan club over here - you wouldn't believe how many GoodReps I got overnight from people thinking he was cute :)

And as for Jedi Hippo - :worship: Thanks Bea - gorgeous hippos as always!

jazz_girl
12-18-2004, 02:20 PM
LOL!!! Thanks Bea!
And thanks a lot for your nice wishes and for thinking of me so much, it means a lot to me :hug:

sigmagirl91
12-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Gah, Bea, I can't good-rep you because I have to spread them around. Anyway, I love the Jedi Hippo.

sigmagirl91
12-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Thanks - seems Sasha is getting his own fan club over here - you wouldn't believe how many GoodReps I got overnight from people thinking he was cute :)

And as for Jedi Hippo - :worship: Thanks Bea - gorgeous hippos as always!

It says I have to spread my reps around before I can good-rep you again. Sasha is so adorable.

jazz_girl
12-18-2004, 02:44 PM
I have to spread them too :(

*Ljubica*
12-18-2004, 02:57 PM
I have to spread them too :(

And I can't give one to you for all your reports for the same reason :devil:

jazz_girl
12-18-2004, 03:01 PM
LOL! I guess we're all too very thankful people :)

*Ljubica*
12-18-2004, 03:07 PM
LOL! I guess we're all too very thankful people :)

Guess we are -and on the subject of "thanks" - I have a friend who is a regular visitor to MTF but not a member for various reasons, and yesterday she specifically asked me to give you a special thanks for all your Copa Argentina reports - especially about her favourite player Gaston!!! So this is a big :hug: from my friend ........... and if you're reading this A**** - don't be shy - come and join us - promise we don't bite :banana:

jazz_girl
12-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Tell her: "you're welcome" from me :wavey:
It would be nice if she can join us, please tell her to do it, we're nice people :)

sigmagirl91
12-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Guess we are -and on the subject of "thanks" - I have a friend who is a regular visitor to MTF but not a member for various reasons, and yesterday she specifically asked me to give you a special thanks for all your Copa Argentina reports - especially about her favourite player Gaston!!! So this is a big :hug: from my friend ........... and if you're reading this A**** - don't be shy - come and join us - promise we don't bite :banana:

Yeah, "A", we don't bite. You'll be home-free if you can get past the immature antics of certain people, but I'm sure you can put them in their place quite well if you have the dubious pleasure of encountering them.

bovenbuuf
12-18-2004, 03:56 PM
well yes A if you want, please join. Like the others said, its always nice to meet other fans

Fedex
12-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Rosie, you have an excellent avatar. :) Which cat is in the picture?

*Ljubica*
12-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Rosie, you have an excellent avatar. :) Which cat is in the picture?

That's my beautiful oldest "boy" Sasha sitting under my Christmas tree :) Glad you like him. I wanted to get my other one in the picture too but he didn't want to play and disappeared!!

Fedex
12-19-2004, 12:22 PM
That's my beautiful oldest "boy" Sasha sitting under my Christmas tree :) Glad you like him. I wanted to get my other one in the picture too but he didn't want to play and disappeared!!
:) :)
And that reminds me, I still have a bit of decorating to do on my Christmas tree.

sigmagirl91
12-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Woo hoo....I did it, I absolutely did it....
I made an "A" in both classes this semester. I'm ecstatic. Now, I will apply to the teacher education program next semester.

bovenbuuf
12-20-2004, 08:01 PM
:woohoo: good to hear Sigma.. Well done!

Fedex
12-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Woo hoo....I did it, I absolutely did it....
I made an "A" in both classes this semester. I'm ecstatic. Now, I will apply to the teacher education program next semester.
Well done sigma, and good luck. :)

sigmagirl91
12-21-2004, 02:00 AM
:woohoo: good to hear Sigma.. Well done!

Thanks. So, how are you doing in your teaching thing?

*Ljubica*
12-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Congrats Sigma :worship: :worship:

bovenbuuf
12-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks. So, how are you doing in your teaching thing?
well we work with trimesters, and I just heard that I passed all my exams and assignments for the first trimester.

Bibir
12-21-2004, 11:08 AM

http://www.hippochri.de/images/hippozylindschwenk.gif

jazz_girl
12-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Congratulations Sigma!!!

sophia_c
12-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Well I don't know you Sigma but well done anyway...so what are you going to do next?

sigmagirl91
12-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Well I don't know you Sigma but well done anyway...so what are you going to do next?

I have spring classes to take: a reading/writing practicum, in which I co-teach a remedial English class. I will add students' work to my portfolio. And, I plan to take American Lit. online, so my schedule will be freer next semester than last.

Speaking of portfolios, I do plan to apply to the teacher education program by February, so I will present this to the committee to help them make a decision about my application.

sigmagirl91
12-21-2004, 04:30 PM
well we work with trimesters, and I just heard that I passed all my exams and assignments for the first trimester.

:woohoo: :woohoo:
Great job. What will you do next?

Iza
12-21-2004, 06:55 PM
:woohoo: great job Sigma and Boven! :hatoff: :bounce:

I'm so mad cos I dunno my averages this semester cos there still were 3 days of school left when I came to the US and noone is tellin' me my averages :fiery: :bigcry: !!!

Iza
12-21-2004, 06:58 PM
lovely cat BTW Rosie ;)
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/tiere/3698.gif