The "Say What You Want" Thread.... [Archive] - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

The "Say What You Want" Thread....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks for your good wishes girls :hug: The antibiotics are making me feel very sleepy :zzz: so it's time for me to turn off the computer and go to bed. No doubt I'll catch up with you all tomorrow sometime - but - I'm not planning on getting up very early I can assure you. The good Doctor told me to rest - so that's what I intend to do for the next few days. Good night for now :wavey:

Nighty and take care.

jazz_girl
02-22-2005, 12:23 AM
What a shitty day I had!!!! I just came home, and I can't wait for the day to be over, too many shitty things for one day.
I cannot believe the bad luck I have!!! :mad:

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 12:50 AM
What happened?

jazz_girl
02-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Too many things for just one day...I had a job interview and I didn't do too well...

Choupi
02-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Sorry to read that Jazz. :confused: I hope you'll have soon other opportunities which will turn out more positive...

*Elsie*
02-22-2005, 09:54 AM
DAY -3

Not that I want to make you jealous or anything, but uh... I have still 3 days to work and then I am off for a week!!! :bounce: I am going to Holland spending my time sleeping, eating and shopping.

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh nice Connie! hope you can enjoy your holiday!

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 10:11 AM
and well today I already worked hard, started at 7.30 am so guess I am doing fine. Have to go in 2 hours to school again to teach these kids something!

and its snowing here! everywhere its white.. nice view!

Choupi
02-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey Connie, nice programm for your holiday! :)

It was all white here again this morning. I've just finished shovelling... :p The winter doesn't seem to be willing to leave us...

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Oh nice Choupi, well there is not that much snow that i had to shove..It was just htat the grass is all gone...

*Ljubica*
02-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Lucky Connie - having a holiday next week - hope you enjoy it :) Well it's still very white here too - although the snow has stopped falling for the moment. We are forecast to have more in the next few days though.

Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday Jazz - hope today is better :hug:

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I want to be home!!! Unfortunately, I have to go in to "hell" today.

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
sorry to hear its going so bad Sigma.. I have to go soon too, class is waiting. Hopefully they will be nice!

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
and do hope you are feeling better too Rosie :hug:

*Ljubica*
02-22-2005, 12:51 PM
and do hope you are feeling better too Rosie :hug:

A lot better not being in "hell" Jud :) Good Luck Sigma - you have my sympathy!

taysbest
02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
DAY -3

Not that I want to make you jealous or anything, but uh... I have still 3 days to work and then I am off for a week!!! :bounce: I am going to Holland spending my time sleeping, eating and shopping.

Yeah! Have fun Connie!

taysbest
02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
I want to be home!!! Unfortunately, I have to go in to "hell" today.

I'm here too Sig- we'll be ok. Just think you will have a week off soon!! I'm pulling for you!

taysbest
02-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Too many things for just one day...I had a job interview and I didn't do too well...

I'm sorry you had a bad day! I hope today is better for you. Don't worry about the interview. It might not be as bad as you think.....and something else will come along if that one doesn't work out. Don't worry!

*Elsie*
02-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks girls, for your nice words. :hug:

*Ljubica*
02-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks girls, for your nice words. :hug:

Btw Connie - slightly off-topic but we were wrong when we said there is no tennis for me to watch on TV today. Eurosport have an hour or so of Dubai every afternoon - starts in about half an hour. I think the match they are showing today will be Thomas Johansson v Youzhny , - so that will keep me out of mischief!!!!

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm here too Sig- we'll be ok. Just think you will have a week off soon!! I'm pulling for you!

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 01:16 PM

Well...best of luck anyway.

*Elsie*
02-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Btw Connie - slightly off-topic but we were wrong when we said there is no tennis for me to watch on TV today. Eurosport have an hour or so of Dubai every afternoon - starts in about half an hour. I think the match they are showing today will be Thomas Johansson v Youzhny , - so that will keep me out of mischief!!!!

Good for you. Hope it'll be worth it.

Choupi
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey Connie, I saw in the news that there has been some snow around where you are this morning...the roads were dangerous they said. Black ice mostly. Hope everything's OK for you.

*Elsie*
02-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey Connie, I saw in the news that there has been some snow around where you are this morning...the roads were dangerous they said. Black ice mostly. Hope everything's OK for you.

Yes, I am fine, thanks for asking. The roads were dangerous? Oh, now I see why everybody was driving so slowly! ;) There is more snow to come this week. I am hoping we'll have two meters orso, then I don't have to go to work!

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 02:03 PM
You all, it's cold here for the moment. Not bone-chilling cold but the kind that would be expected for this time of year. From the looks of it, pretty soon it will be spring.

Choupi
02-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Yes, I am fine, thanks for asking. The roads were dangerous? Oh, now I see why everybody was driving so slowly! ;) There is more snow to come this week. I am hoping we'll have two meters orso, then I don't have to go to work!
Connie, you comic girl... :rolleyes: Now you know why they were driving so slow!
2 meters snow, don't daydream my dear...work is waiting for you! :o
It's true that the temps we have here are much inferior to what we should have at that time of the year. It's icy cold. Especially the nights...around -10C°.

*Elsie*
02-22-2005, 02:15 PM
You all, it's cold here for the moment. Not bone-chilling cold but the kind that would be expected for this time of year. From the looks of it, pretty soon it will be spring.
You lucky girl!

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
You lucky girl!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

*Elsie*
02-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Not that anybody cares (nobody's online this afternoon :devil: ) but I am going home. Bye and speak to you all tomorrow. :wavey:

*Ljubica*
02-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Not that anybody cares (nobody's online this afternoon :devil: ) but I am going home. Bye and speak to you all tomorrow. :wavey:

Course we care :hug: have a lovely evening and speak to you tomorrow I expect.

justClaudia
02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Rosie - I hope you're feeling much better, take care of yourself and rest a lot :hug:

Jazz - I'm sorry to know about your shitty day ,hope today things can get better..they will I'm sure :smooch:

Choupi
02-22-2005, 05:30 PM
We DO care Connie! alors bonne soirée choupinette! :)

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 05:50 PM

Talk to you later. I've been busy with phone calls, paperwork, and answering students' questions.

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 06:48 PM
bye Connie, talk later :wavey:

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 06:52 PM
well I did got home, but still I have to work. Are you almost done SIgma, or is "hell" almost over?

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 07:01 PM
well I did got home, but still I have to work. Are you almost done SIgma, or is "hell" almost over?

No--I'm still in "hell". Another two and a half hours yet; then I go home and prepare for my class.

sophia_c
02-22-2005, 07:11 PM
No--I'm still in "hell". Another two and a half hours yet; then I go home and prepare for my class.

Whats the lesson about Sigma?

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Whats the lesson about Sigma?

I will teach "word use" to my class. Now....keep in mind that I am gearing my lessons toward students whose exposure to writing is on the high school level. When I graded their diagnostic essays, I realized that many do not know how to use some words very well. I even had one student overuse the words "make sure". We want to avoid cliches when we write, people.

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 07:54 PM
:woohoo: I finished work for today! Finaly!

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 07:57 PM
I will teach "word use" to my class. Now....keep in mind that I am gearing my lessons toward students whose exposure to writing is on the high school level. When I graded their diagnostic essays, I realized that many do not know how to use some words very well. I even had one student overuse the words "make sure". We want to avoid cliches when we write, people.
it really sounds interesting Sigma. If I could I would join your class.

sophia_c
02-22-2005, 07:58 PM

Well done Jud.... :)

bovenbuuf
02-22-2005, 08:02 PM
yeah the assignment was easier then I thought it would be

sigmagirl91
02-22-2005, 08:02 PM

:bigclap: Now, I'm waiting for 4:30 to come so I can be finished.

justClaudia
02-22-2005, 09:53 PM

I need some lessons on that..I tend to use the same sentences and words everytime I want to say something. And not only in English, I also do it in my mother language..I need to read more, think that helps.

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 08:31 AM
:wavey: What's the stories morning glories?

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 10:10 AM
:singer: :music: Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, let it snow let it snow let it snow

It's beautiful, but if it continues like this I will have to spend the night at work!

Choupi
02-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey Connie, here's the same...snow, snow, snow...they have announced temps down to -10 C° for the upcoming nights! Grrr....I love snow, but I'm getting sick and tired of shovelling every single morning for about one week now... :o Roads aren't safe so I won't be able to go and see my Dad's...A true pity! a 2-week break and no opportunity to go there... :(

The best place right now is beside the hearth...hmmmmmm....can you hear the fire crackling?

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 10:27 AM
The best place right now is beside the hearth...hmmmmmm....can you hear the fire crackling?

No, unfortunately we have electric heat at my work. Sorry you can't go to see your father.

bovenbuuf
02-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Goodmorning, all!
What a great day it is, no work! All I did so far is having breakfast,do some shopping for food, make a lunch appointment and read in my book...

bovenbuuf
02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
I need some lessons on that..I tend to use the same sentences and words everytime I want to say something. And not only in English, I also do it in my mother language..I need to read more, think that helps.
Hi Claudia, I also do that in my mother language.... its getting really boring to read.

So Tiff, if you want to practise here, we will listen and read.

Choupi
02-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry you can't go to see your father.
Well, it's not as if there was some emergency..it's just that I'm used to go and see him every time I'm on a break. Plus, we're about to enter another bad period of the year, March...always difficult to go through as it recalls bad memories...I'll go another time.

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Connie, here's the same...snow, snow, snow...they have announced temps down to -10 C° for the upcoming nights! Grrr....I love snow, but I'm getting sick and tired of shovelling every single morning for about one week now... :o Roads aren't safe so I won't be able to go and see my Dad's...A true pity! a 2-week break and no opportunity to go there... :(

Yes - delightful snow here too - think it's the same all over Northern Europe. And the forecast is for more and much colder here over the next few days too. So glad I'm not working this week :) Just curled up at home with the cats doing nothing - it's great!!!

Choupi
02-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Yes - delightful snow here too - think it's the same all over Northern Europe. And the forecast is for more and much colder here over the next few days too. So glad I'm not working this week :) Just curled up at home with the cats doing nothing - it's great!!!
Yes, that's great. Mostly because I'm not working... :)

Are you getting better? How's your strain muscle?

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I have to go to "hell" again today. I am ready for the weekend!!!!

Choupi
02-23-2005, 11:57 AM
I have to go to "hell" again today. I am ready for the weekend!!!!
The weekend? I think you have to be a little patient...it's never been so close! :)

Good luck for your day in "hell".

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Yes, that's great. Mostly because I'm not working... :)

Are you getting better? How's your strain muscle?

Thanks for asking Choupi. The muscle is still quite painful :sad: but thanks to the antibiotics I am coughing a lot less now, so I guess it will get better with time. I do feel quite a bit better today actually - the rest is doing me good - but definately not well enough to go to "hell" in the snow though!

Good Luck there today Sigma.

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks, all. Rosie, take care of yourself.
Choupi and Connie, snow is icky....remember that.

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Guess who badrepped me today?

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Just curled up at home with the cats doing nothing - it's great!!!

Wow, that must be wonderful!

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Who???!!! I'll teach her or him! :devil:

Choupi
02-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Sbdy who's under your irresistible charm my dear... :) But who?

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks, all. Rosie, take care of yourself.
Choupi and Connie, snow is icky....remember that.

Thanks for caring sweetie. :hug: I'll promis I'll be careful OK?

Choupi
02-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks for asking Choupi. The muscle is still quite painful :sad: but thanks to the antibiotics I am coughing a lot less now, so I guess it will get better with time. I do feel quite a bit better today actually - the rest is doing me good - but definately not well enough to go to "hell" in the snow though!
Well what you say doesn't sound too bad...I know what it is when you strain a muscle...do you believe me if I tell you that I can still feel some pain in my intercoastals? But it is bearable, it doesn't stop me from training a bit every day.

Keep on resting Rosie. That's the best way to recover.

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Well what you say doesn't sound too bad...I know what it is when you strain a muscle...do you believe me if I tell you that I can still feel some pain in my intercoastals? But it is bearable, it doesn't stop me from training a bit every day.

Keep on resting Rosie. That's the best way to recover.

Yes I believe you - these things take time. Guess that's why tennis players have so many injury problems because they rush back too quickly after an injury and don't give their bodies time to heal adequately.

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 12:50 PM

No idea - do tell - and we will go and sort them out :devil:

joeb_uk
02-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Tangerine dreamer

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Tangerine dreamer

Please don't use such abusive language here Joe :devil: The name offends us too much!

Choupi
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Hopefully we're not in the GG's forum. Remember our head honcho has forbidden the simple use of that name... :devil:

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Hopefully we're not in the GG's forum. Remember our head honcho has forbidden the simple use of that name... :devil:

Yes -I know - and not a bad idea either! Where is GWH these past few days by the way - haven't seen or heard from him.

Choupi
02-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes -I know - and not a bad idea either! Where is GWH these past few days by the way - haven't seen or heard from him.
Don't know where he is. Must be busy. Hope he's OK.

taysbest
02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Good Morning all! (or afternoon for some). Happy Wednesday!

Yes- GWH is missing isn't he?

Rosie- are you feeling any improvement? I hope so- but this is the right time to stay in- I see all of you are getting snow. We are supposed to get some tomorrow.

Tif- bad rep?? Jerks- who was it?? T.D.?

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Good Morning all! (or afternoon for some). Happy Wednesday!

Yes- GWH is missing isn't he?

Rosie- are you feeling any improvement? I hope so- but this is the right time to stay in- I see all of you are getting snow. We are supposed to get some tomorrow.

Tif- bad rep?? Jerks- who was it?? T.D.?

Yes - afternoon here now - and I do feel a little better today thanks :hug: though it is soooo cold here - even indoors with the heating turned up as high as it will go is it still cold! :eek:

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Who is this person badrepping my friends? :mad:

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 01:21 PM
No, it wasn't her, everyone. It was Miss Prima Donna. And...I bad repped her back.

Choupi
02-23-2005, 01:24 PM
No, it wasn't her, everyone. It was Miss Prima Donna. And...I bad repped her back.
Awwww....you're trully a too nice person Tiff...I can understand now why ppl show so much love for you. :o

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Awwww....you're trully a too nice person Tiff...I can understand now why ppl show so much love for you. :o

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 01:31 PM

Who the hell is Miss Prima Donna? You can tell how much time I haven't been spending at GM recently? What did you did you do to upset her anyway?

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Well done! :bigclap:

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Who the hell is Miss Prima Donna? You can tell how much time I haven't been spending at GM recently? What did you did you do to upset her anyway?

This is her comment to me this morning, all in big, red dots:
You're constantly rude to me for no reason that I can surmise. So, oh well.

Rosie, Miss Prima Donna is that waste of air and space called Leena.

Choupi
02-23-2005, 01:43 PM
This is her comment to me this morning, all in big, red dots:
You're constantly rude to me for no reason that I can surmise. So, oh well.

Miss Prima Donna=Leena... :haha: :haha: :haha: But are you sure she deserves the Miss title? We still haven't seen anything after all... ;)

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Miss Prima Donna=Leena... :haha: :haha: :haha: But are you sure she deserves the Miss title? We still haven't seen anything after all... ;)

Not really, but if it prevents me from calling her other unflattering names (not the "b" word, because that's my domain exclusively), then I'll take Miss Prima Donna or Little Miss Can't Be Wrong. *Already singing the Spin Doctors' version*

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh - right - I should have worked that one out I guess. She drives me crazy too -always wanting so much to be the centre of atttention by stirring up controversy/trying to be be "funny" :devil: I tend to ignore her and she leaves me well alone - that's how I like it!

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh - right - I should have worked that one out I guess. She drives me crazy too -always wanting so much to be the centre of atttention by stirring up controversy/trying to be be "funny" :devil: I tend to ignore her and she leaves me well alone - that's how I like it!

:cool:

Björki
02-23-2005, 02:30 PM
:lol:

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Morning, Bjorki. Enjoying the "nice" weather? Here, the sun is out.

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Morning, Bjorki. Enjoying the "nice" weather? Here, the sun is out.

It would be very nice of you to send some of it's warming rays over to your freezing European friends then Sigma :) All I can see through the window is grey skies and snow and I guess Bjorki will see the same - could do with brightening up a bit.

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 02:40 PM
It would be very nice of you to send some of it's warming rays over to your freezing European friends then Sigma :) All I can see through the window is grey skies and snow and I guess Bjorki will see the same - could do with brightening up a bit.+

Poor you all. Could I arrange instead to have hot beverages to send to you? Any hot chocolate, hot apple cider, etc. for you?

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 02:41 PM
I think we'll get 60 degrees. I wonder how the weather will be for tay.

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Here the sun is shining and the snow is melting. We were all hoping we would have the permission to leave early today because of the weather but no. GRR!

jazz_girl
02-23-2005, 02:58 PM
I love hearing about snow! I wish I was there. Here's really hot right now: 32°C!!!!!!!! And I'm sure it'll be hotter!

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
I love hearing about snow! I wish I was there. Here's really hot right now: 32°C!!!!!!!! And I'm sure it'll be hotter!

Noooo....you don't want snow. Snow is EEEEEEEEEEEVIL!!!!

jazz_girl
02-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, at least some rain!!! Something!

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Well, at least some rain!!! Something!

You can have the rain we had last night. It rained buckets.

jazz_girl
02-23-2005, 03:28 PM
It rained a LOT here too, there was a storm. But the temperature is still high :sad:

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 03:28 PM
+

Poor you all. Could I arrange instead to have hot beverages to send to you? Any hot chocolate, hot apple cider, etc. for you?

Well I have a nice hot cup of tea as I write this - but hot chocolate always goes down a treat - or even some warm gluhwein ;)

And - Jazz - these are for you - from this morning - before it clouded over and started snowing again. I love snow but it can be treacherous for driving and for any old people having to go out and about.

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Well I have a nice hot cup of tea as I write this - but hot chocolate always goes down a treat - or even some warm gluhwein ;)

And - Jazz - these are for you - from this morning - before it clouded over and started snowing again. I love snow but it can be treacherous for driving and for any old people having to go out and about.

I drive in that regularly-or at least the last couple of winters when we had snow. Where's the snow that comes up to your ass? :devil:

jazz_girl
02-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Thank you so much for the pics Rosie! :hug:
Actually, I can't complain. My dad just called me and he's in the north of Argentina, with over 40°C, in his car!

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Actually, I can't complain. My dad just called me and he's in the north of Argentina, with over 40°C, in his car!

:eek: :eek: Hot, hot, hot!!!!

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 03:48 PM

40 degrees :eek: That would kill me! It rarely gets above 25 here even in mid-Summer. I'll stick with my snow thanks.

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
40 degrees :eek: That would kill me! It rarely gets above 25 here even in mid-Summer. I'll stick with my snow thanks.

Me too! I hate cold but would burn alive with 40 degrees!

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 04:09 PM
40 degrees celsius is--let's see-90 degrees fahrenheit? Something like that? Wow...that's hot.

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 04:24 PM
40 degrees celsius is--let's see-90 degrees fahrenheit? Something like that? Wow...that's hot.

I think it's in the high 90's F Sigma - 90 F is around 32 C I think. For some bizarre reason we use both scales here. It's bloody hot whichever way you look at it! Just like our -10 C today is pretty bloody cold :devil:

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I think it's in the high 90's F Sigma - 90 F is around 32 C I think. For some bizarre reason we use both scales here. It's bloody hot whichever way you look at it! Just like our -10 C today is pretty bloody cold :devil:

It's still too hot for this girl to go out. And your temps are waaaaay too cold.

*Elsie*
02-23-2005, 04:38 PM
It's still too hot for this girl to go out. And your temps are waaaaay too cold.
Aren't they? Almost too cold for this girl to go out, but not quite. I have no choice anyway, I don't want to sleep in my office. Bye girls! :wavey:

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Aren't they? Almost too cold for this girl to go out, but not quite. I have no choice anyway, I don't want to sleep in my office. Bye girls! :wavey:

They're cancelling work for the rest of the day? Must be nice. I'm going to class in fifteen minutes.

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 04:50 PM

:wavey: Connie. Be safe driving home.

Choupi
02-23-2005, 05:25 PM
See you tomorrow Choupinette! :wavey: Drive safely back home... :)

sophia_c
02-23-2005, 05:31 PM
It would be very nice of you to send some of it's warming rays over to your freezing European friends then Sigma :) All I can see through the window is grey skies and snow and I guess Bjorki will see the same - could do with brightening up a bit.

Rosie...I think I live in the one place that has not been covered in snow over the past few days...why?...why? I so want snow....I find it amazing that we live so close to one another and you have been practically snowed in....its not fair... :sad:

Bibir
02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi everybody! :wavey:

How's you?

I think I'm in the right place here...."off topic" ;)

Nice pics Rosie!....it's snowing in Europe...and in Paris finally. :o

Björki
02-23-2005, 05:37 PM
welcome bibir :wavey:

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey, Bea, I wanted to good-rep you earlier, but it won't let me. How are you, BTW?

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Everyone: update on my lesson plan: I'm on track-very on track, according to the teacher I'm observing. Now...all I need is the teacher's edition of the book.

sophia_c
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Everyone: update on my lesson plan: I'm on track-very on track, according to the teacher I'm observing. Now...all I need is the teacher's edition of the book.

Well...good for you...can we swap places please?......I have a six period day tomorrow....yr. 10- Nazi Germany, 2x year 7- Black Death, yr. 8- English Civil War and 2x yr.12 lessons covering why the Bolsheviks won the Russian Civil War....oh the joy of being a 22 year old History teacher in an all boys school!!!

*Ljubica*
02-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Ah - the Black Death :devil: - enjoy Sophia :devil: And sorry you still have no snow :sad:

And hi Bea :wavey: - yes - we're pretty much always off-topic over here!!!!

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Well...good for you...can we swap places please?......I have a six period day tomorrow....yr. 10- Nazi Germany, 2x year 7- Black Death, yr. 8- English Civil War and 2x yr.12 lessons covering why the Bolsheviks won the Russian Civil War....oh the joy of being a 22 year old History teacher in an all boys school!!!

*sticking finger down throat* Nope. You can keep history. Then again, it would be interesting for me to do a unit on history and literature at one point in my teaching career.

sophia_c
02-23-2005, 08:53 PM
*sticking finger down throat* Nope. You can keep history. Then again, it would be interesting for me to do a unit on history and literature at one point in my teaching career.

Actually I love what I do...I just wish I could teach more Politics...which is what my degree is...I specialised in American, Russian and Yugoslavian politics...but my teaching degree is History....I just have a crap timetable....but as a new teacher can't complain....

sigmagirl91
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Actually I love what I do...I just wish I could teach more Politics...which is what my degree is...I specialised in American, Russian and Yugoslavian politics...but my teaching degree is History....I just have a crap timetable....but as a new teacher can't complain....

I'll bet. You do what you can for awhile.

Bibir
02-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey, Bea, I wanted to good-rep you earlier, but it won't let me. How are you, BTW?

Hi Sigma!

I'm ok...still on vacations. :)

Unfortunately, I use to be a flu victim...and I hate to take antibiotics. :(

What about you?

Edit: I'm reading your blog right now...WOOW...the roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. :hug:

justClaudia
02-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Not really, but if it prevents me from calling her other unflattering names (not the "b" word, because that's my domain exclusively), then I'll take Miss Prima Donna or Little Miss Can't Be Wrong. *Already singing the Spin Doctors' version*

Now what the hell that thing wants with you,Tiff??

Like Rosie said she wants all the attention for her,and she thinks she's very funny..her comments on Maria Sharapova kill me..she's hopeless and I thought she was banned or something like that..to bad she wasn't :devil:

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Hi Sigma!

I'm ok...still on vacations. :)

Unfortunately, I use to be a flu victim...and I hate to take antibiotics. :(

What about you?

Edit: I'm reading your blog right now...WOOW...the roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. :hug:

This is so true, but hey......I'm loving it.

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Now what the hell that thing wants with you,Tiff??

Like Rosie said she wants all the attention for her,and she thinks she's very funny..her comments on Maria Sharapova kill me..she's hopeless and I thought she was banned or something like that..to bad she wasn't :devil:

She's a cow, that's what.

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 07:08 AM
didn't she gave you that before the lessons started? When I had to observe I already got my books for the whole year!

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Oh and Goodmorning all! yesterday was really good, saw some of my friends and had fun, so my day off was really nice.
Pity I don't have a day off today..

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
its really quiet this morning..

Choupi
02-24-2005, 09:36 AM
:wavey: I'm here! I figure everybody's busy...working, studying or sleeping... :)

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:46 AM
:wavey: Probably.. well I was studying too.. but its to boring.

Björki
02-24-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm here too :wavey:

Choupi
02-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Boring but...necessary! :rolleyes: Believe me, when you get your job, there will be times when you tell yourself..."how it was fun when I was studying"!

Choupi
02-24-2005, 09:50 AM
:wavey: Peggy! What's the weather like in Berlin? dreadfully cold as here?

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi Bjorki!

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Boring but...necessary! :rolleyes: Believe me, when you get your job, there will be times when you tell yourself..."how it was fun when I was studying"!
probably. Well of course you do get some more time to do what you want, and when you want to do it.. But I would be glad if its all over...

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:55 AM
is it really that cold Choupi? Here we do have snow again, but its not that cold, so guess that is good.

Björki
02-24-2005, 10:23 AM
:wavey: Peggy! What's the weather like in Berlin? dreadfully cold as here?
yes it's cold but no more snow at the moment :)

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 10:26 AM
They're cancelling work for the rest of the day? Must be nice. I'm going to class in fifteen minutes.

Nope. It was just the end of my normal working day.

Choupi
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
is it really that cold Choupi? Here we do have snow again, but its not that cold, so guess that is good.
Well, depends on what you call cold...we're having temps at night around -10 C°, and it is announced that we should go down to -15 C° this weekend...I'm sure a Northerner like GWH would laugh, seeing that I consider those temps to be dreadfully cold...but I find it cold, yes!

Connie, be careful, they have announced a huge amount of snow for this afternoon where you are. I think they even have cancelled scholar transportation. So please, drive carefully home and if you can, quit as soon as possible.

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Connie, be careful, they have announced a huge amount of snow for this afternoon where you are. I think they even have cancelled scholar transportation. So please, drive carefully home and if you can, quit as soon as possible.

At the moment the sun is shining, but they except 10 cm of snow this afternoon. If 'Big Boss' is OK, I will leave early and I promis I'll drive carefully sweetie.

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 11:04 AM
yes Choupi, that is cold. Here its just -3 degrees during the night, and its now around the 5 degrees

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 11:05 AM
ok I have to leave.. have to go to school, and then I have classes. SO will be back really late today. Talk later :wavey:

Choupi
02-24-2005, 11:15 AM
:wavey: Have a good day. See you later! :)

Connie, I hope your "Big Boss" is a reasonable person... :( the risk is real this time! :confused:

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
:wavey: Bye Jud! Have a nice day!

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
They LIED to us--we didn't get snow at all. No snow, none, nada, nothing, zip, zilch, zero.

Choupi
02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Poor Tiff...you want snow? come here. We've had more than enough... :)

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 11:55 AM
They LIED to us--we didn't get snow at all. No snow, none, nada, nothing, zip, zilch, zero.

Well I woke up to even more this morning - so you can have some of mine with pleasure!!!

And Choupi - you were right - I was busy sleeping til around half an hour ago. I'd like to say it's because the tablets are strong and make me sleepy - but perhaps I'm just lazy!!!!!! So belated Good Morning to everyone - though it's almost afternoon here already - I'm actually quite shocked at my laziness - I can't remember the last time I slept so late :eek:

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Poor Tiff...you want snow? come here. We've had more than enough... :)

Ok....anything to keep me from "hell".

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 12:02 PM
:wavey: Good morning Tif and Rosie. I hope you are better Rosie. If you woke up so late, it's because you needed it. (It's what I say to myself when I wake up at noon...)

Tif, no snow, no excuses, just go to hell.

Choupi
02-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Well I woke up to even more this morning - so you can have some of mine with pleasure!!!

And Choupi - you were right - I was busy sleeping til around half an hour ago. I'd like to say it's because the tablets are strong and make me sleepy - but perhaps I'm just lazy!!!!!! So belated Good Morning to everyone - though it's almost afternoon here already - I'm actually quite shocked at my laziness - I can't remember the last time I slept so late :eek:
Hehehe! So nice to sleep that long every now and then. Don't feel guilty Rosie. You needed it. And when you see how dreadfully cold it is outside, your warm bed is the best place to be...

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Tif, no snow, no excuses, just go to hell.

Why, thanks. I shall do that. :devil:

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Still 115 minutes and I am off! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Choupi
02-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey great news! :D And what about the weather? Still sunshiny?

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 01:35 PM
It's too warm here for snow. My boss just came in and said there's more snow falling. I don't think it will stick.

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey great news! :D And what about the weather? Still sunshiny?

No! :mad: It's snowing again.

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 01:37 PM
I hold out little hope for snow.

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 01:41 PM
I hold out little hope for snow.

Too bad. Maybe next year.

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Too bad. Maybe next year.

Maybe....but all this will mean that we will have a blistering hot summer.

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Maybe....but all this will mean that we will have a blistering hot summer.
OK, I only see one solution: pack your bags and move to France!

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 01:52 PM
OK, I only see one solution: pack your bags and move to France!

It may be worse than last summer for us-blistering hot with no end in sight.

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 02:55 PM
It may be worse than last summer for us-blistering hot with no end in sight.
What do you call blistering hot?

jazz_girl
02-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Guys, my computer crashed and I dont know if it can be fixed, so it's gonna take a while to have another one, or this one fixed. So I won't be around much, especially cause I have a final coming up. If anything happens, please tell Amanda and she'll fix it.
Hugs!

Choupi
02-24-2005, 03:17 PM
What do you call blistering hot?
I think that what Tiff qualifies as "blistering hot" is what we have had 2 years ago with the "canicule". So hot that ppl nearly suffocate...

Choupi
02-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Guys, my computer crashed and I dont know if it can be fixed, so it's gonna take a while to have another one, or this one fixed. So I won't be around much, especially cause I have a final coming up. If anything happens, please tell Amanda and she'll fix it.
Hugs!
Terrible news Jazz...Hope you're gonna come back soon. You'll be missed.

Action Jackson
02-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Take care jazz and it'll be good to get away from this place, though this is a good forum.

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Hugs!

Sure....we got it all under control, jazz-or you can get GWH to assist you in your "absence".

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Hugs!

Jazz - we'll miss you :hug: Good Luck with the studying and come back soon. Have you let Amanda know you'll be missing for a while?

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 03:22 PM
I think that what Tiff qualifies as "blistering hot" is what we have had 2 years ago with the "canicule". So hot that ppl nearly suffocate...

That's exactly what I'm talking about. When I went waaaaay down south last year, it was really hot-so hot that you couldn't breathe.

Action Jackson
02-24-2005, 03:24 PM
jazz, if you want me to help around here I could do it, sadly I don't think my Spanish is up to a level to keep my eyes on that thread.

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Y'all it's that time again....time to go to conference. Every year, I go to a work-related conference, and this year I go to two-one locally and one regionally. So, to Louisville (in April) and Asheville, NC (in June), I go for several days. At least I'll have a break from "hell".

Choupi
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
jazz, if you want me to help around here I could do it, sadly I don't think my Spanish is up to a level to keep my eyes on that thread.
If you need a help with Spanish, see Vale and/or Adri...maybe Rosie can help too...
I'd love to help too but don't know where to begin...

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes - I'll certainly do what I can. And Sigma - enjoy your conferences - anything is better than hell I guess!

jazz_girl
02-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah guys, Amanda is aware of the situation. I'll try to check in from time to time, every two days or so :)
See you soon!!!

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Y'all know my Spanish is...well..nonexistent?

*Elsie*
02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
OK girls, I have to go now. I am packing my bags this evening and will take the train tomorrow for a week of well deserved holidays. I won't be online :sad: and will miss you terribly. But hey, that's life.

Speak to you al 7th march. :wavey:

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Alright, then. Take care...

jazz_girl
It's ok guys, If anything happens, just contact Amanda. I told the guys in the Spanish forum the same thing. I don't think anything will happen though, everything's been quiet lately ;)

sigmagirl91
It's ok guys, If anything happens, just contact Amanda. I told the guys in the Spanish forum the same thing. I don't think anything will happen though, everything's been quiet lately ;)

Gotcha. Take care.

Choupi
02-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Jazz, it's OK. Nothing's gonna go wrong... :)

Connie, enjoy your deserved break. I'll miss my choupinette... :sad:

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Connie - take care, travel safely and have a wonderful week off. We'll miss you - but at least we'll know you'll be having fun :hug:

Jazz - come back soon!!!

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Well....class is starting soon. I hope I can get my "key" to start my lesson.

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 07:28 PM
I got my book today, so that I can continue planning my lesson. I think I'm on the right track in that regard. All that needs to happen now is to pass out my surveys and put the info. on my computer at home. That will also help me to complete my lesson plan and prepare to teach the lesson. Later, I think I'm gonna check and see where my field assignment is and give the school a call tomorrow. I don't have my class tomorrow, so I can use the time to go to lunch.

sophia_c
02-24-2005, 07:49 PM
I got my book today, so that I can continue planning my lesson. I think I'm on the right track in that regard. All that needs to happen now is to pass out my surveys and put the info. on my computer at home. That will also help me to complete my lesson plan and prepare to teach the lesson. Later, I think I'm gonna check and see where my field assignment is and give the school a call tomorrow. I don't have my class tomorrow, so I can use the time to go to lunch.

So Sigma..tell me something....are you training to be a teacher just like Jud...or have you trained?....I trained to teach last year...and really I just had to get on and teach...there wasn't much help from anyone...so what is the support you receive like? Obviously if I had problems I could talk to someone at the school or at Uni....your course seems a lot different to mine....thats all....

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 08:02 PM
So Sigma..tell me something....are you training to be a teacher just like Jud...or have you trained?....I trained to teach last year...and really I just had to get on and teach...there wasn't much help from anyone...so what is the support you receive like? Obviously if I had problems I could talk to someone at the school or at Uni....your course seems a lot different to mine....thats all....

Check your pm.

sophia_c
02-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Check your pm.

Have done that...still is quite different from my course...which I am glad is over and now I am fully qualified and as you know I teach in a boys school...we only have some girls in the sixth form (Rosie...you will understand that)....I do love the job...but it is so hard a lot of the time....right now on a Thursday night I am exausted...but at least it has started to snow at long last...and man is it snowing...hope it lasts until tomorrow and I can post some pictures from my part of the world...

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 08:59 PM
ok Jazz can't still make it online... but she wanted to me tell you here that David is sick :sad:

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Connie have a lot of fun! Talk soon :hug:

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 09:27 PM
ok Jazz can't still make it online... but she wanted to me tell you here that David is sick :sad:

And I promise it has nothing to do with me. Get well soon David :hug:

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Good to hear Rosie..So how are you? Feeling better already?

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 09:34 PM

What's wrong with David?

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:35 PM
don't know anything more Tiff...

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 09:35 PM
don't know anything more Tiff...

Darn....what does Ceci know?

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:37 PM
nothing more.. and poor girl doesn't have time to find out... I am busy with work, but comparing to her, I am not allowed to complain...

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh, I know. Look, if you find out more, just post it here. I'll be back later. I have class in about fifteen or twenty minutes.

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I will do my best! Good luck with classes!

sigmagirl91
02-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks. Talk to you later.

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Good to hear Rosie..So how are you? Feeling better already?

Yes I feel a lot better tonight thanks :hug: But I sincerely hope David hasn't caught this flu - it really makes you feel weak and ill for a couple of weeks - remember I was already getting mine when I met you in Rotterdam and I'm still not 100%.

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 10:06 PM
yes lets hope its not that. Would be really bad.

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
and of course goodto hear you are feeling better :hug:

bovenbuuf
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Ok I am off, talk to you all tomorrow! Sweet dreams :wavey:

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok I am off, talk to you all tomorrow! Sweet dreams :wavey:

Yes - and to you :hug:

*Ljubica*
02-24-2005, 10:28 PM
What's wrong with David?

I understand he has a fever - sounds not dissimilar to what I have had from what I can tell. Guess it's not so surprising - this particular fever is very contagious according to my Doctor - several people (including Eduardo) had it in Marseille and Rotterdam so working so closely with people it would have been hard for David to avoid it. Just hope he seeks urgent medical treatment and shakes it off quickly.

justClaudia
02-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Jazz - we'll miss you, be back as soon as you can :hug:

Connie - have a great time,take care :hug:

I hope that David can get better soon..DC is close..

sigmagirl91
02-25-2005, 12:56 AM
I understand he has a fever - sounds not dissimilar to what I have had from what I can tell. Guess it's not so surprising - this particular fever is very contagious according to my Doctor - several people (including Eduardo) had it in Marseille and Rotterdam so working so closely with people it would have been hard for David to avoid it. Just hope he seeks urgent medical treatment and shakes it off quickly.

I know. I think it's the flu coming on.

sigmagirl91
02-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Yes I feel a lot better tonight thanks :hug: But I sincerely hope David hasn't caught this flu - it really makes you feel weak and ill for a couple of weeks - remember I was already getting mine when I met you in Rotterdam and I'm still not 100%.

I think he has caught it, although we won't know until tomorrow.

Choupi
02-25-2005, 08:46 AM
I think he has caught it, although we won't know until tomorrow.
Poor David, if that's the flu Rosie's got in Marseille, he must be really in bad shape... :confused: The flu this year has been terrible. What a great souvenir from France! :rolleyes:

bovenbuuf
02-25-2005, 10:59 AM
well I think it would be more the differneces in temperature Choupi. I think Rosie told that it was really warm in Marseille... and then he came to rainy, wet Holland... so guess that this does no one good.

bovenbuuf
02-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Hope so too, Rosie..a fever is never nice to have..

bovenbuuf
02-25-2005, 11:02 AM
talking about being ill, how are you Rosie? Do hope you are feeling a little bit better today. Its almost weekend, then it would be nice to be OK.

bovenbuuf
02-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Ok I am off again.. feeling not so great, but I have to go to school. Luckly I don't ahve to do much, my kids will do all the talking, and I just have to listen!So talk to you all later. :wavey:

*Ljubica*
02-25-2005, 11:10 AM
talking about being ill, how are you Rosie? Do hope you are feeling a little bit better today. Its almost weekend, then it would be nice to be OK.

Yes - thanks Jud - feeling a lot better today although still coughing a lot :devil: I'm quite happy here in the warm watching Keifer/Robredo on Eurosport and cuddling my cats - I think I may retire you know, - I'm much happier at home than in "hell" :devil: !!!! Sorry to hear you don't feel well yourself today - please get well soon :hug:

sigmagirl91
02-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Any news on David? I know it's not gonna be much, but has anyone heard anything?

sigmagirl91
02-25-2005, 11:48 AM
well I think it would be more the differneces in temperature Choupi. I think Rosie told that it was really warm in Marseille... and then he came to rainy, wet Holland... so guess that this does no one good.

And illnesses were going around like crazy, so that didn't do much to help matters either.

*Ljubica*
02-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Any news on David? I know it's not gonna be much, but has anyone heard anything?

I am currently wading through the Argentine Press looking - but so far most of the stuff I can find is about Gaston's withdrawal from the DC Team so I'm trying to translate that over on Gaston's Forum. I'll post any news here as soon as I find anything - but I'm not so fast or so good at translations as Jazz- so please bear with me!!!

sigmagirl91
02-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I am currently wading through the Argentine Press looking - but so far most of the stuff I can find is about Gaston's withdrawal from the DC Team so I'm trying to translate that over on Gaston's Forum. I'll post any news here as soon as I find anything - but I'm not so fast or so good at translations as Jazz- so please bear with me!!!

OK, although I don't any of us will be surprised. Oh....and where are you looking online? La Nacion?

*Ljubica*
02-25-2005, 12:27 PM
OK, although I don't any of us will be surprised. Oh....and where are you looking online? La Nacion?

There's a short article in "La Nacion" that I've just translated. I've done Ole now too (nothing there), - so on to Clarins now - and then all the Cordoban ones! Come back Jazzita!!!!!

sigmagirl91
02-25-2005, 12:30 PM
There's a short article in "La Nacion" that I've just translated. I've done Ole now too (nothing there), - so on to Clarins now - and then all the Cordoban ones! Come back Jazzita!!!!!

Saw that. Thanks. I hope Jazzita can come back soon and provide some news. Hurry back, Jazzita.

justClaudia
02-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Rosie I'm glad to know you're felling better :hug: ..I woulnd't mind being ill right now,if that means I have to stay at home..I'm really really tired :devil:

Jazz sweetie, we miss you :smooch:

Soda
02-26-2005, 12:50 AM
she is way into improving his tennis, she told me to say here that she's happy with the improvement, the ball now goes to the other side of the net. btw. i should challenge her to a match...yeah..well now you can kill me when im not around with your little posts.

sigmagirl91
02-26-2005, 01:41 AM
she is way into improving his tennis, she told me to say here that she's happy with the improvement, the ball now goes to the other side of the net. btw. i should challenge her to a match...yeah..well now you can kill me when im not around with your little posts.

Soda, uh, what the hell are you talking about?

sophia_c
02-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Soda, uh, what the hell are you talking about?

Hey Sigma....he lives on "Planet Soda"....life...but not as you know it..... ;)

sigmagirl91
02-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey Sigma....he lives on "Planet Soda"....life...but not as you know it..... ;)

Don't we know it? He's a little unstable at the mo.

sophia_c
02-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Don't we know it? He's a little unstable at the mo.
Well I wouldn't say that he is unstable......he is actually a really nice guy and he is my friend. He is very funny once you get to know him but that can take some time.....but think of all the fun you can have with him...all the mutual insults...it is fun to watch and read.

novanora
02-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Rosie I'm glad to know you're felling better :hug: ..I woulnd't mind being ill right now,if that means I have to stay at home..I'm really really tired :devil:
awh....Rosie, are u also ill? :eek: sorry, i am not much online these days, and just know this. Cough is terrible, drink more warm water, and get more rest with less talking, dear :hug: get will soon

Jazz sweetie, we miss you :smooch:
ditto. Jazz, miss u so much :kiss:

*Ljubica*
02-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks Nova :hug: I was ill in Rotterdam,and the Doctor signed me off from work for a week when I got home - but I am feeling much better now thanks.

sigmagirl91
02-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Well I wouldn't say that he is unstable......he is actually a really nice guy and he is my friend. He is very funny once you get to know him but that can take some time.....but think of all the fun you can have with him...all the mutual insults...it is fun to watch and read.

I'm shocked at you. :eek:

sophia_c
02-26-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm shocked at you. :eek:

Why?????? :eek:

sigmagirl91
02-26-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm not anymore. You've turned me into a believer.

sophia_c
02-26-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm not anymore. You've turned me into a believer.

Thats my good deed done for today then.... :)

sigmagirl91
02-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Thats my good deed done for today then.... :)

:)

bovenbuuf
02-27-2005, 09:49 AM
OK I am feeling better again, think it was just a short something.. Good to hear you are also feeling better Rosie!

sophia_c
02-27-2005, 10:51 AM
OK I am feeling better again, think it was just a short something.. Good to hear you are also feeling better Rosie!

Good to hear that Jud....meanwhile I am being a good nurse.. ;) , which I know will please you.....

Choupi
02-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Haven't come here for a little while and it's good to read that most ppl who were sick are feeling better. :)

Claudia, I'm glad to read that you're regularly posting in our Gaston land... ;)

Still very cold out here. Still snow to shovel. And back to work tomorrow morning. :( That's life I suppose...

bovenbuuf
02-27-2005, 11:38 AM
yup, well good to hear you can do some nursing there!

have a great afternoon with your friends :)

bovenbuuf
02-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Haven't come here for a little while and it's good to read that most ppl who were sick are feeling better. :)

Claudia, I'm glad to read that you're regularly posting in our Gaston land... ;)

Still very cold out here. Still snow to shovel. And back to work tomorrow morning. :( That's life I suppose...
HI Choupi ! Good to see you here again!
Sorry to hear its so cold there, today its here nice.. some snow but a lovely sun :)

bovenbuuf
02-27-2005, 11:47 AM
ok off to lunch, talk to you all later :wavey:

Choupi
02-27-2005, 11:59 AM
HI Choupi ! Good to see you here again!
Sorry to hear its so cold there, today its here nice.. some snow but a lovely sun :)
The sun is out here too but it's not enough to warm up the atmosphere. We're regularly having unusual temps for the season. We've had an average of -10 C° this week at night. And tonight, as there will be no clouds, we're expecting -15! :confused: I just can't wait for the spring to come back, once for all...

Off to lunch too. Eat up! See you later. :wavey:

*Ljubica*
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM

Welcome back to Davidland Choupi :hug: You know you are always welcome.

Choupi
02-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Welcome back to Davidland Choupi :hug: You know you are always welcome.
Awww...thanks Rosie. :) I know. I must admit I feel quite as comfortable in Davidland as in Gastonland.
Glad to read you're feeling better. I'm going back to work tomorrow. And you know how much I love my job. But I'm really not enthusiastic about returning there. It's pretty a shame, isn't it? But I suppose that's human, after having had 2 weeks where I did all I wanted to do, at the time I wanted...

sigmagirl91
02-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, it was unseasonably warm yesterday, with temps reaching 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I went out to an early dinner with a couple of girlfriends, and of course we had fun. We promised to do this once a month, to keep up with one another and to establish a "tradition".

Choupi
02-27-2005, 01:56 PM
That's a great tradition to establish Tiff. :) Hope you're having a nice Sunday.
Btw, I've entered the club...I stand on the list of the posters Leena has put on ignore. I think she was mad about what I had written in the thread where she wanted to ban you. As the thread had been deleted too quick, she may not have had the time to bad rep me. Now I'm on ignore. What a priviledge! :angel:

sigmagirl91
02-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh, and I am privileged to be part of the "chosen few" myself. There's no love lost, that's for sure.

I am having a nice Sunday so far. It's sunny outside at 31 degrees. I don't know what the high will be-hopefully 70 like it was yesterday.

novanora
Thanks Nova :hug: I was ill in Rotterdam,and the Doctor signed me off from work for a week when I got home - but I am feeling much better now thanks.
that's good, sweetie :hug: now i know why David lost so early in Rotterdam, coz his lucky charm was unfortunately ill :p
but one week from bored work is also not a bad thing :hug: take care~

sigmagirl91
Not that anyone hasn't noticed, but I think it's cool how we jump back and forth between Davidland and Gastonland.

Choupi
02-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Yes, you said it. That's too cool! :cool:

sigmagirl91
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
It is, but it's all good. It keeps us all together.

Choupi
02-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Yes. And it makes us stronger in front of adversity...Wowowow Choupi. Calm down! I'm getting epic now... ;)

sigmagirl91
02-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Yes. And it makes us stronger in front of adversity...Wowowow Choupi. Calm down! I'm getting epic now... ;)

:haha: :haha:

*Ljubica*
02-27-2005, 03:00 PM
That's a great tradition to establish Tiff. :) Hope you're having a nice Sunday.
Btw, I've entered the club...I stand on the list of the posters Leena has put on ignore. I think she was mad about what I had written in the thread where she wanted to ban you. As the thread had been deleted too quick, she may not have had the time to bad rep me. Now I'm on ignore. What a priviledge! :angel:

Well I am very sad not to be on Leena's list with you two privelaged girls :) though I'm sure I might join you very soon. Best thing about that "Ignore" thread, is tangerinus posting links to several of my old posts from here and Gastonland just to prove what a horrible person I am :haha: How sad - to spend your life trolling forums of players you don't like just to find "evidence" against people you have never met that you can store up and save and use at a later date :haha:

And - yes - I like your "tradition" too Sigma - with work and the busy lives everyone leads these days - it's all to easy to lose touch with friends and forget the things that are important in life.

Choupi
02-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Well I am very sad not to be on Leena's list with you two privelaged girls :) though I'm sure I might join you very soon. Best thing about that "Ignore" thread, is tangerinus posting links to several of my old posts from here and Gastonland just to prove what a horrible person I am :haha: How sad - to spend your life trolling forums of players you don't like just to find "evidence" against people you have never met that you can store up and save and use at a later date :haha:
Don't be sad Rosie...tell yourself that you still can express yourself freely about Leena and that she'll be able to read and feel all the love you feel for her.
As for the other one you have hinted at, I didn't know that life could be so boring for some ppl...

bovenbuuf
02-27-2005, 04:09 PM
yeah its a great tradition Tiff, I also have that tradition now with some of the dutch posters, its really nice to see all of them from time to time

sophia_c
02-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Well, it was unseasonably warm yesterday, with temps reaching 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I went out to an early dinner with a couple of girlfriends, and of course we had fun. We promised to do this once a month, to keep up with one another and to establish a "tradition".

Thats always a good idea..I have the best times when I go out with my girlfriends....

sigmagirl91
02-27-2005, 06:47 PM

And - yes - I like your "tradition" too Sigma - with work and the busy lives everyone leads these days - it's all to easy to lose touch with friends and forget the things that are important in life.

And sadder still is the response she gets-zero, which should tell her something.