The "Say What You Want" Thread.... [Archive] - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

The "Say What You Want" Thread....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

sophia_c
02-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Hello all from my hospital bed....surgery went well and now I am drugged up to my eyeballs....but it feels good....right now I am so pissed with David...especially as Jud was so excited to get tickets...and btw...that gossip about Gaston and Mariano....heard it all before......yawn....yawn

justClaudia
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Gossip about Gaston...the media as nothing better to do??
They love talking about everyone when they're up,but when things are not so good,not even a word...that's so shitty..
Gaston should kick their ass,that's what he should do!

Sophia I'm glad to know you're fine! Hope you can go home soon :hug:

joeb_uk
02-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Strangely enough - all the Argentine guys I know kiss twice - maybe they just want an excuse to kiss me again :angel: Must admit I was a bit confused by the Dutch 3 kisses tradition when I met Jud - but that is a lovely tradition too :) The English are more like the Americans - shake hands and keep your distance - but I am learning the South American ways ;)
Oh its bad when the old granny/ old aunties etc want 2/3 kisses :D one is enough, but not anymore

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Claudia, the media likes to talk about people when they are down on their luck or doing something wrong, but let them turn their lives and fortunes around...the media gets ghost and you never hear from 'em again-that is, until the next scandal breaks.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Hello all from my hospital bed....surgery went well and now I am drugged up to my eyeballs....but it feels good....right now I am so pissed with David...especially as Jud was so excited to get tickets...and btw...that gossip about Gaston and Mariano....heard it all before......yawn....yawn

Don't be pissed off with David. Things will be fine.

justClaudia
02-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Claudia, the media likes to talk about people when they are down on their luck or doing something wrong, but let them turn their lives and fortunes around...the media gets ghost and you never hear from 'em again-that is, until the next scandal breaks.

The media can be very mean..there's so many weird storys here in my small tiny country. You know,we're having elections next Sunday..if you knew what some kind of media said about one of the candidates..about his personal life..it's absurd,they have no respect for him.
Pissed me so much.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 10:16 PM
The media can be very mean..there's so many weird storys here in my small tiny country. You know,we're having elections next Sunday..if you knew what some kind of media said about one of the candidates..about his personal life..it's absurd,they have no respect for him.
Pissed me so much.

That stuff happens so often over here, that we Americans have grown thick-skinned toward the media. Most of what we read is smut anyway, so it's nothing new or exciting. Just recycled in a different manner in a different publication, is all.

justClaudia
02-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah I know and that's what happens here too.
But I just mentioned this case because this time sexual preferences were involved..and that never happened before.

Changing totally the subject...I had the wildest dream with Gaston Gaudio last night - i'ts not just the Argentine press very interested in him!! Silly me...no dreams with David- never actually! And there I go and dream about someone that I don't even find particulary cute!

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 10:45 PM
I hope you can recover really soon Sophia!!!

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 10:47 PM
If we had a dime for every time someone's sexual history were mentioned, we'd all be rich.

justClaudia
02-15-2005, 10:51 PM
If we had a dime for every time someone's sexual history were mentioned, we'd all be rich.

Actually I barely have sexual dreams...very rare.

Now I have a Gato hunting me...

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Actually I barely have sexual dreams...very rare.

Now I have a Gato hunting me...

I have had sexual dreams before, but I don't remember all the details. Go figure that....

sophia_c
02-16-2005, 08:52 AM
I hope you can recover really soon Sophia!!!

Thanks Jazz.....I should be home this afternoon with a bit of luck....but my Dad has brought my laptop so at least I am not bored now... :)

taysbest
02-16-2005, 12:01 PM
And now they're saying that both Gastón and Zabaleta spent the night with a vedette :o
These people have nothing better to do, don't they?

Ok- I will fess up. They are both dating me- they spent the night here in PA. Sorry guys...Don't tell my husband please.

Only teasing!! :D

taysbest
02-16-2005, 12:04 PM

Hope you are feeling better soon!!! Enjoy the medicines while you can ;)
Seriously- hope you are back on your feel real soon!

taysbest
02-16-2005, 12:07 PM
That stuff happens so often over here, that we Americans have grown thick-skinned toward the media. Most of what we read is smut anyway, so it's nothing new or exciting. Just recycled in a different manner in a different publication, is all.

That's for sure. It's always interesting to see what the tabloids are saying- but it's rarely true. I don't think alot of people here believe the crap they read. (but still read it anyway)

Choupi
02-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Ok- I will fess up. They are both dating me- they spent the night here in PA. Sorry guys...Don't tell my husband please.
How much are you ready to pay for my silence? :) Make sure it's higher than what tabloids are ready to pay... ;)

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 12:24 PM
That's for sure. It's always interesting to see what the tabloids are saying- but it's rarely true. I don't think alot of people here believe the crap they read. (but still read it anyway)

Nah, they don't.

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Rosie and Sophia,
You will be pleased to know that I am now a "slapper". Yes, believe it.

*Elsie*
02-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Rosie and Sophia,

What's a slapper???!!!

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 01:07 PM
What's a slapper???!!!

I am now a "ho"-a slut, if you will. Well, I've been called that before, so what's new, right.

*Elsie*
02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
I am now a "ho"-a slut, if you will. Well, I've been called that before, so what's new, right.

What's a "ho"-a slut???!!! In fact, it's just the "ho"-a that I don't understand...

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 01:19 PM
What's a "ho"-a slut???!!! In fact, it's just the "ho"-a that I don't understand...

A "ho" is slang for slut. Like I said, I've been called that before.

*Elsie*
02-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Why so? I will add you to my buddy list. I don't know what it's good for, but maybe it'll make you feel better.

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Why so? I will add you to my buddy list. I don't know what it's good for, but maybe it'll make you feel better.

Stick around long enough, and you'll understand why.

*Elsie*
02-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Stick around long enough, and you'll understand why.
Count on me

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Stick around; this place can be quite addictive.

*Elsie*
02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Stick around; this place can be quite addictive.

It sure is!

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
As you can tell, it took me a little over a year to acquire 8000+ posts. Either this place is addictive or I have no life.

*Elsie*
02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
As you can tell, it took me a little over a year to acquire 8000+ posts. Either this place is addictive or I have no life.

:haha:

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
'Tis true, sweetie. Hang around a bit.

sophia_c
02-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Rosie and Sophia,

You a "slapper"...never!!!

*Ljubica*
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the club Sigma :devil: According to some of the no-hopers on GM I've been a groupie/slapper/ho - call it what you will - for years - so you're in good company!!

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 04:18 PM
A "ho" is slang for slut. Like I said, I've been called that before.

So when did you reach thiis great stage to be called " a slapper".

Then again I am a Nazi with a personality disorder, who has a psychotic hatred towards animals with webbed feet.

Also I allegedly have sex with my dead father, wear an anorak even when it's dry.

Welcome to the world of the internet.

Choupi
02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey, Sigma, Rosie, GWH, should I feel sad for not having those nice qualifiers for myself? :confused: Do you think I've been forgotten? ;) Or maybe it's only after a certain time of registration that you get that so distinguishable right to be considered... :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
02-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey, Sigma, Rosie, GWH, should I feel sad for not having those nice qualifiers for myself? :confused: Do you think I've been forgotten? ;) Or maybe it's only after a certain time of registration that you get that so distinguishable right to be considered... :rolleyes:

I think it's because you stay more within the peaceful realms of here and Gaston's Forum (and maybe Non-Tennis) and spend less time in GM. It's in GM that the vitriol flows freely - mostly spilt by idiots who have never been to a tennis match in their lives, and think the world revolves around web-feet :devil: Must admit, that as my Internet time has been limited these past few weeks, I've hardly visited GM at all - and haven't really missed it. Maybe I will follow your example and stay with the good guys here and in Gastonland from now on.

And have to say Choupi - my week in France has left me a lovely lasting legacy - a filthy cold and high temperature that infected various Team "N" people there last week-end and seems to have finally caught up with me :devil: .

sophia_c
02-16-2005, 04:45 PM

Hey Choupi...do you want to be considered?? stick with us...the civil, peaceful and thoroughly nice people... :) :)

Choupi
02-16-2005, 04:48 PM
I think it's because you stay more within the peaceful realms of here and Gaston's Forum (and maybe Non-Tennis) and spend less time in GM.
It's true that I don't really like posting there. I read but that's all. Usually, I don't even feel like posting. And the rare times I do, I try to avoid sterile controversy. Though sometimes, it can be fun to stir it up a bit. You agree with me George? ;)
Maybe I will follow your example and stay with the good guys here and in Gastonland from now on.
My example? Wow, I don't consider myself as an example. But yes, we're good guys over here and you won't regret your choice if you finally decide to stay in this haver...
And have to say Choupi - my week in France has left me a lovely lasting legacy - a filthy cold and high temperature that infected various Team "N" people there last week-end and seems to have finally caught up with me :devil: .
Don't tell me you caught that devastating flu? :confused: It's making serious damages among the overall population here. And at the time you were in Marseille, it was the epidemic peak. Poor Rosie, I'm sorry for you... :sad: And for the other in the N team.

Choupi
02-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Hey Choupi...do you want to be considered?? stick with us...the civil, peaceful and thoroughly nice people... :) :)
Depends on who's supposed to consider me? ;) Oh, btw, I hope you get better soon! :D

sophia_c
02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Depends on who's supposed to consider me? ;) Oh, btw, I hope you get better soon! :D

Well you don't want to be considered by anyone/thing from the other thread.....so like I said stick with us....and btw...thanks for the get well message....I feel a lot better now I am home in my own house...I hate hospitals.....I have just seem too much of the in the past few months...

Choupi
02-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Well you don't want to be considered by anyone/thing from the other thread.....so like I said stick with us....
OK! :D
I feel a lot better now I am home in my own house...I hate hospitals.....I have just seem too much of the in the past few months...
It's always better to be at home...you get better faster! :) I hate hospitals too... :( I've seen them so many times, not for me, and the memories they have left me are still painfull... :sad:

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:10 PM
You a "slapper"...never!!!

In addition to being a "stupid and slut beach", a troll, a hick, a bitch (funny that), a "Nalby twat" (I think everyone in here has been called that at one time or another), a whore/ho, an MF in Spanish, etc., I have been recommended to be banned.

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:11 PM
So when did you reach thiis great stage to be called " a slapper".

Then again I am a Nazi with a personality disorder, who has a psychotic hatred towards animals with webbed feet.

Also I allegedly have sex with my dead father, wear an anorak even when it's dry.

Welcome to the world of the internet.

Check out the Lleyton Hewitt thread on GM.

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Check out the Lleyton Hewitt thread on GM.

I will now, and one of my old friends decided to make an appearance today. I must have argued with every person on here, but this one is brilliant.

Ok, this is someone who didn't rate Wilander in the top 10 of all time claycourters and tells me that they have no respect for my opinions.

Then a normal debate became an apologist session.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=9863&page=5&pp=40&highlight=Slip

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:21 PM
I will now, and one of my old friends decided to make an appearance today. I must have argued with every person on here, but this one is brilliant.

Ok, this is someone who didn't rate Wilander in the top 10 of all time claycourters and tells me that they have no respect for my opinions.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=9863&page=5&pp=40&highlight=Slip

Oh...your friend. I remember that thread. What a twit!!!!

Choupi
02-16-2005, 06:21 PM
In addition to being a "stupid and slut beach", a troll, a hick, a bitch (funny that), a "Nalby twat" (I think everyone in here has been called that at one time or another), a whore/ho, an MF in Spanish, etc., I have been recommended to be banned.
Sigma, you know what, I'm so happy to learn new words and expressions everyday here... ;) What an interesting place to enrich your vocabulary... :worship:

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:22 PM
I think it's because you stay more within the peaceful realms of here and Gaston's Forum (and maybe Non-Tennis) and spend less time in GM. It's in GM that the vitriol flows freely - mostly spilt by idiots who have never been to a tennis match in their lives, and think the world revolves around web-feet :devil: Must admit, that as my Internet time has been limited these past few weeks, I've hardly visited GM at all - and haven't really missed it. Maybe I will follow your example and stay with the good guys here and in Gastonland from now on.

I wondered if David himself got infected. Judging from how he played that third set, I wouldn't be surprised.

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Sigma, you know what, I'm so happy to learn new words and expressions everyday here... ;) What an interesting place to enrich your vocabulary... :worship:

Isn't it, though? I have been called just about every name but a saint in here. It gets bad when someone recommends that you get banned because you're useless.

Choupi

Your old friend needs to see his name back in your siggy, with the link...maybe he has forgotten! ;)

jazz_girl
hey guys, I'm sorry to change the subject, but an hour ago, I came back from the hospital and they finally found why I faint!!! :bounce:
They made me a "tilt" test. They put me on a bed and they changed the positions of it, I started it being laid down and I ended up on my feet. 20 minutes after beeing on my feet, I fainted again, and they finally found an explaination! Apparently, I can't be standing up for more than 15 minutes, because my heart can't send too much blood to my brain, and that causes the faints. It's nothing serious, in fact, it's something really common and apparenlty a lot of people has it, but doesn't know it.
The good news is that I have some sympthoms before it happens, so I can lay down in time, and I'm not at risk of breaking my head! :lol:
So now, I'm happy, cause I have nothing serious at all, I can go on with my life. All I have to do is more exercise :)

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:24 PM

And the "stupid and slut beach" came from two Chilean trolls who said that Fernando Gonzalez could bagel Roger Federer. Then they proceeded to tell me that I had a "fucking problem".

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:25 PM
hey guys, I'm sorry to change the subject, but an hour ago, I came back from the hospital and they finally found why I faint!!! :bounce:
They made me a "tilt" test. They put me on a bed and they changed the positions of it, I started it being laid down and I ended up on my feet. 20 minutes after beeing on my feet, I fainted again, and they finally found an explaination! Apparently, I can't be standing up for more than 15 minutes, because my heart can't send too much blood to my brain, and that causes the faints. It's nothing serious, in fact, it's something really common and apparenlty a lot of people has it, but doesn't know it.
The good news is that I have some sympthoms before it happens, so I can lay down in time, and I'm not at risk of breaking my head! :lol:
So now, I'm happy, cause I have nothing serious at all, I can go on with my life. All I have to do is more exercise :)

That's good news. At least it's controllable.

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 06:25 PM
And the "stupid and slut beach" came from two Chilean trolls who said that Fernando Gonzalez could bagel Roger Federer. Then they proceeded to tell me that I had a "fucking problem".

Those 2 Chilean friends of yours, they were interesting.

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Those 2 Chilean friends of yours, they were interesting.

Oh, very....

Choupi
02-16-2005, 06:30 PM
That's wonderfull news jazz! :D And as long as doctors don't talk about heart surgery or anything worse, I'm really happy for you. :)

sophia_c
02-16-2005, 06:43 PM

Jazz...I am so glad you know what it is...now you can relax and just live.....

jazz_girl
02-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys :)

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 06:50 PM

You're welcome. Now that you know what it is you're dealing with, I'm sure it's a relief.

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 06:51 PM

Glad to know you are better and the like.

I mean come on I need you as my Buenos Aires guide.

jazz_girl
02-16-2005, 06:56 PM
You can count on me ;)

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 06:59 PM
You can count on me ;)

Of course. I mean I have Rosario, Ushuaia, Misiones and Mendoza covered for, so of course it'll be an honour to be shown around by a porteña.

jazz_girl
02-16-2005, 07:00 PM
:)

*Ljubica*
02-16-2005, 07:39 PM

Don't let the bastards get you down Sigma :hug: - we love you. I'll go and investigate the threads now.

*Ljubica*
02-16-2005, 07:42 PM

Jazz :hug: I'm so glad that it's nothing serious - must be such a relief :)

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Don't let the bastards get you down Sigma :hug: - we love you. I'll go and investigate the threads now.

Me? Nah....

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Me? Nah....

You revel in it don't you.

crigazzio
02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Jazz :hug: I'm so glad that it's nothing serious - must be such a relief :)
JAZZ :worship:

It´s a GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! I´m so glad.....you know it!!!!!

sigmagirl91
02-16-2005, 07:52 PM
You revel in it don't you.

I sure do. :devil:

justClaudia
02-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Jazz, I'm really glad you're ok!
Fainting can never be good...so it's good to know that's nothing serious.

Now you go and take care of youself,ear me?!
We need you!! ;)

jazz_girl
02-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Thank you so much guys :hug:

bovenbuuf
02-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Maybe I should learn them too? :angel:
you should learn those traditions Sig.. its nice

bovenbuuf
02-17-2005, 08:56 AM
That must be great Jazz, to finaly know what it is..And well hope the exercises work so you don't faint to often

*Elsie*
02-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Hola los putas :wavey: What's new?

I haven't been insulted yet and probably never will be (hope so) because I am not posting in GM. Actually, I don't even read it and I don't have the feeling I miss anything.

Sopie_c and Rosie, get well soon
Jazz, I am happy your health is OK
Tif, you are a saint

sigmagirl91
02-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Hola los putas :wavey: What's new?

I haven't been insulted yet and probably never will be (hope so) because I am not posting in GM. Actually, I don't even read it and I don't have the feeling I miss anything.

Sopie_c and Rosie, get well soon
Jazz, I am happy your health is OK
Tif, you are a saint

Thanks.

taysbest
02-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Jazz- Glad things aren't serious and you're ok!!!! That's great news!

Rosie- hope you are feeling better soon!! Too much excitement got you sick!!!

Sig- you "slapper"! :hug: I love ya!

sigmagirl91
02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Jazz- Glad things aren't serious and you're ok!!!! That's great news!

Rosie- hope you are feeling better soon!! Too much excitement got you sick!!!

Sig- you "slapper"! :hug: I love ya!

That's me, the "slapper".

taysbest
02-17-2005, 06:43 PM
That's funny that someone called you a slapper. People are so strange. But, who cares what they think. Take it as a compliment- after all- they are spending their time thinking about you right? ;)

sigmagirl91
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
That's funny that someone called you a slapper. People are so strange. But, who cares what they think. Take it as a compliment- after all- they are spending their time thinking about you right? ;)

And you know I love being obsessed over. :o

Choupi
02-17-2005, 07:35 PM
I even wonder how you could survive if it wasn't the case my dear... :devil: ;)

sigmagirl91
02-17-2005, 07:36 PM
I even wonder how you could survive if it wasn't the case my dear... :devil: ;)

I know. I think I'll shrivel up and die.... :o

justClaudia
02-17-2005, 10:37 PM

And you do have a lot of ppl obsessed about you,Tiff.

Deep inside they love you..they just don't want to confess :p

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 12:31 AM
And you do have a lot of ppl obsessed about you,Tiff.

Deep inside they love you..they just don't want to confess :p

Of course not.

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Where is everybody? I feel alone :sad:

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Where is everybody? I feel alone :sad:

Hi Connie :wavey: I really don't feel so well with this wretched flu, so I've only just got out of bed - but I'm here now.

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi Connie :wavey: I really don't feel so well with this wretched flu, so I've only just got out of bed - but I'm here now.

Poor Rose! I hope you wil be better soon. Eat a kiwi! :) I suppose it's 'stay in bed weather' in England today anyway. :rain:

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Poor Rose! I hope you wil be better soon. Eat a kiwi! :) I suppose it's 'stay in bed weather' in England today anyway. :rain:

Actually it's very bright and sunny here today Connie - but incredibly cold - I can see the frost and ice everywhere through the window! Even my cats won't go out in it!!! And as for the kiwi fruit - I don't like them at all :( but I'm eating lots of small oranges to keep up my Vitamin C levels - does that count?

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh...poor Rosie. It'll pass soon. Around here, the flu is going around something fierce. Fortunately for me, I haven't caught anything yet.

Choupi
02-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Rosie, sorry to read you don't get better with that French flu... :confused:
Keep it up with the oranges, if you don't like kiwis. And some lemon with honey in your tea can help you too.

Icy cold weather here too, but no sun. And we are under another snow alert. My trip to my dads this weekend is delayed.

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Actually it's very bright and sunny here today Connie - but incredibly cold - I can see the frost and ice everywhere through the window! Even my cats won't go out in it!!! And as for the kiwi fruit - I don't like them at all :( but I'm eating lots of small oranges to keep up my Vitamin C levels - does that count?

It's cold erverywhere in Europe and it even will be worse next week! I understand your cats, I hate cold! As for the oranges, ofcourse they count! You'll be better in no time!

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 11:49 AM
sorry to hear you are got the sick Rosie..:hug:

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 11:51 AM
this report I have to finish is still very boring :sad:

jazz_girl
02-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Good morning everyone! :wavey:
Rosie, I hope you start feeling better really soon! :hug:

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 12:10 PM
this report I have to finish is still very boring :sad:

Don't worry; we'll still read it.

taysbest
02-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Get well soon Rosie!!!

I have been lucky not to get sick from the Flu so far. Knock on wood- I don't want it!

Hope everyone is getting ready for an exciting Friday!!!

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Get well soon Rosie!!!

I have been lucky not to get sick from the Flu so far. Knock on wood- I don't want it!

Hope everyone is getting ready for an exciting Friday!!!

I am, I am. :D

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks girls :hug: - it just annoys me when I'm still on holiday from work and I feel like s*** :devil:

I even had the flu vaccination last October but seems it doesn't cover this particularly nasty version - as I know other people who have been vaccinated and still caught this one :devil:

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks girls :hug: - it just annoys me when I'm still on holiday from work and I feel like s*** :devil:

I even had the flu vaccination last October but seems it doesn't cover this particularly nasty version - as I know other people who have been vaccinated and still caught this one :devil:

New strains every year...this year has been particularly yucky for flu sufferers. Get well soon, Rosie. :hug:

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Don't worry; we'll still read it.
well you can't read it, its in Dutch...

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 12:59 PM
well you can't read it, its in Dutch...

Translation please.

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 01:13 PM
well taht will be a lot of work Sig, then you have to wait a little bit longer.. I am glad if I finish it in Dutch in time...

Its just about organisations and the contacts they have with the local goverment. and what kind of structure of the organisation is better to increase the contact with the local goverment. Contact with the goverment is needed to have a democracy. The idea is that there can be contact between people and the goverment itself.. but that also organisations, like a soccerclub or what so ever, can be seen as an intermediary to have contact between citizens adn their goverment.

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 01:17 PM
well taht will be a lot of work Sig, then you have to wait a little bit longer.. I am glad if I finish it in Dutch in time...

Its just about organisations and the contacts they have with the local goverment. and what kind of structure of the organisation is better to increase the contact with the local goverment. Contact with the goverment is needed to have a democracy. The idea is that there can be contact between people and the goverment itself.. but that also organisations, like a soccerclub or what so ever, can be seen as an intermediary to have contact between citizens adn their goverment.

It seems very boring indeed!

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 01:23 PM

*sticking finger down throat* Ick....worse than my impromptu essay.

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 01:29 PM
*sticking finger down throat* Ick....worse than my impromptu essay.

We need a puke smiley!

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 01:31 PM
well I think there is a puke smiley somewhere....

and yes it is a little bit boring, but I have to do it. If I have done it,I am almost there to get my degree!

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Btw - completely off-topic :topic: - but Jud - I meant to tell you when we met last week how much I have fallen in love with your Dutch biscuits - they are yummy :) I bought a whole selection in a supermarket near the Hotel last week and still have some left to help me through the flu. Why can't we have such nice things here?

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Btw - completely off-topic :topic: - but Jud - I meant to tell you when we met last week how much I have fallen in love with your Dutch biscuits - they are yummy :) I bought a whole selection in a supermarket near the Hotel last week and still have some left to help me through the flu. Why can't we have such nice things here?

What kind of biscuits are you talking about? I thought the english were the kings of the biscuits?

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 02:01 PM
well I think there is a puke smiley somewhere....

and yes it is a little bit boring, but I have to do it. If I have done it,I am almost there to get my degree!

You do what you have to do.

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Oh good to hear you like our biscuits so well! so what kind do you fancy then? There are really a lot.. I always have troubles to find out what i want this time..

but well do hope to biscuits will speed up your recovery!

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
We need a puke smiley!

Darn....there is none....

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 02:08 PM
You know, I was gonna call in to work today, citing "anal glaucoma" as my reason, but I thought better of it. :o

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 02:16 PM
What kind of biscuits are you talking about? I thought the english were the kings of the biscuits?

The ones I'm eating at the moment are called "Roomboter fondantspirits" and are a bit like English shortbread but with a bit of fondant icing on them - bit difficult to describe - but they're gorgeous!!!! I also liked the plain version without the icing!!!

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 02:19 PM
The ones I'm eating at the moment are called "Roomboter fondantspirits" and are a bit like English shortbread but with a bit of fondant icing on them - bit difficult to describe - but they're gorgeous!!!! I also liked the plain version without the icing!!!

My new favorite :)

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 02:20 PM

I only know the plain ones and it's true they are delicious.

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I only know the plain ones and it's true they are delicious.

Well next time you go shopping - try these - I promise you - they're wonderful! :) I just picked them up in the local Supermarket when I went to get something to take into work next week. Must admit I'm very tempted to open the big tin of assorted biscuits that I bought for work - they'll never know will they:devil:

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Well next time you go shopping - try these - I promise you - they're wonderful! :) I just picked them up in the local Supermarket when I went to get something to take into work next week. Must admit I'm very tempted to open the big tin of assorted biscuits that I bought for work - they'll never know will they:devil:

Nah...not if you don't tell 'em.

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh I know what you have... but Rosie it are not spirit bicuits, it are spritsen ;) DId you also tried the spritsen with the chocolate? those are my favorites

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Oh I know what you have... but Rosie it are not spirit bicuits, it are spritsen ;) DId you also tried the spritsen with the chocolate? those are my favorites

No - I haven't tried the chocolate ones - maybe next year if David goes back to Rotterdam. And I was just reading the name off the packet - you know I can't speak one word of Dutch!!!!!

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 02:49 PM
nope just go and eat them!

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 02:50 PM
No - I haven't tried the chocolate ones - maybe next year if David goes back to Rotterdam. And I was just reading the name off the packet - you know I can't speak one word of Dutch!!!!!
yeah try them next time!

It almost seems like I have to send you some biscuits over for your birthday ;)

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 02:52 PM
I want some too--for "the rag"...hee hee...

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 02:57 PM
yeah try them next time!

It almost seems like I have to send you some biscuits over for your birthday ;)

I will be in Rome on my Birthday. So you're more than welcome to bring them over personally and watch David play some tennis at the same time!!!! Be sure to pack extra ones for Team "N" though - don't want them to feel neglected, and David has lost some weight now so I'm sure he's allowed to eat a few chocolate treats!!!!

Or maybe Sigma will get jealous if you give treats to her new "husband" Mariano!!

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 02:58 PM

Just do it Rose!

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 02:59 PM
well then you have to ask Rosie, Sig! At the moment I don't have spritsen....

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I will be in Rome on my Birthday. So you're more than welcome to bring them over personally and watch David play some tennis at the same time!!!! Be sure to pack extra ones for Team "N" though - don't want them to feel neglected, and David has lost some weight now so I'm sure he's allowed to eat a few chocolate treats!!!!

Or maybe Sigma will get jealous if you give treats to her new "husband" Mariano!!

David is not allowed to have chocolate. He can have the plain strawberries and the local Perrier, but no chocolates. Now, Mariano, on the other hand...he can have all the Godiva available...

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:00 PM
well then you have to ask Rosie, Sig! At the moment I don't have spritsen....

*stomping feet* Damn....

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 03:00 PM
btw did you know I ate chocolate from Switserland. It was really funny, Martijn won the meet and greet contest with Roger and then some of the Roger fans who are living in Switzerland send him chocolate. So during the tournement we ate chocolate from Switzerland.

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:01 PM
btw did you know I ate chocolate from Switserland. It was really funny, Martijn won the meet and greet contest with Roger and then some of the Roger fans who are living in Switzerland send him chocolate. So during the tournement we ate chocolate from Switzerland.

Swiss chocolates set my "whore-mones" on fire. :o

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 03:03 PM

wow that I have to bring a lot of biscuits then, can't leave team N out if it. Wonder if they tasted the Dutch biscuits. And well if I do it, then I will share the chocolate spritsen with you.

adn well don't think Sigma would mind

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:04 PM
wow that I have to bring a lot of biscuits then, can't leave team N out if it. Wonder if they tasted the Dutch biscuits. And well if I do it, then I will share the chocolate spritsen with you.

No, I don't. As a matter of fact, I will start a riot with team "N" if spritsen is served. :o

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 03:04 PM
*stomping feet* Damn....

We need a stomping feet smiley

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 03:06 PM

Yes they did ;) Well - not sure about David but the other two did. Actually - Mariano seems always to be eating -maybe he is keeping his strength up for when he meets Sigma -I think he will need to!!!!

*Elsie*
Swiss chocolates set my "whore-mones" on fire. :o

Is there something that doesn't set hour "whore-mones" on fire?

sigmagirl91
We need a stomping feet smiley

We sure do, but until then we have :mad: :fiery: :banghead: :armed: :timebomb: :shout: :explode:

Those don't cover it.

sigmagirl91
Is there something that doesn't set hour "whore-mones" on fire?

Some ugly-ass man with bucked teeth? :devil:

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Yes they did ;) Well - not sure about David but the other two did. Actually - Mariano seems always to be eating -maybe he is keeping his strength up for when he meets Sigma -I think he will need to!!!!

Mariano will get a workout, that's for sure. And so will David's tank ass.... :o

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Some ugly-ass man with bucked teeth? :devil:

So I take it you're not a Radek fan :angel:

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
So I take it you're not a Radek fan :angel:

Uhh....I'd do him with the lights completely off and a paper bag on my face.... :o
Oh, and Chela, Henman, and Escude too. :o

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 03:12 PM
well not sure if a riot is ok.. guess we have to be certain that there will be enough spritsen.

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:13 PM
well not sure if a riot is ok.. guess we have to be certain that there will be enough spritsen.

There must be more spritsen. And team "N" must be ready for a riot; after all, they will be dealing with a female on "the rag". :o

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Mariano will get a workout, that's for sure. And so will David's tank ass.... :o

Well Mariano is a Fitness Trainer so I guess he should be more up for it than most!!! :devil:

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Well Mariano is a Fitness Trainer so I guess he should be more up for it than most!!! :devil:

:D

"Crunk Corner" is now in business, everyone....courtesy of yours truly.

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 03:16 PM
well guess that if I meet you again at a tournement I need to have a list first, what kind of biscuits i have to buy for the tournement.

bovenbuuf
02-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Ok- I have to go. WIll be gone most of the weekend. Will visit my granny who is very ill. So won't be much online during this weekend.

So have all a great weekend!

And good luck to you, Rosie, hope you are feeling well soon! And have fun these last couple of days ;)

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:19 PM
well guess that if I meet you again at a tournement I need to have a list first, what kind of biscuits i have to buy for the tournement.

Scooby snacks for David's opponent :devil: ; some plain biscuits for David (I have not lifted the chocolate ban from him yet); definitely chocolate for Mariano; and any flavor for me.

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Ok- I have to go. WIll be gone most of the weekend. Will visit my granny who is very ill. So won't be much online during this weekend.

So have all a great weekend!Wish you all a great weekend! And good luck to you, Rosie, hope you are feeling well soon! And have fun these last couple of days ;)

Take care, Jud.

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 03:22 PM

So have all a great weekend!

And good luck to you, Rosie, hope you are feeling well soon! And have fun these last couple of days ;)

Take care Jud :hug: Sorry your Granny is still so ill - talk to you when you come back.

And thanks ;)

*Elsie*
02-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Me too I have to go girls. Speak to you all monday. Take care? I love you all. :hug:

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Me too I have to go girls. Speak to you all monday. Take care? I love you all. :hug:

Have a nice week-end Connie :hug:

justClaudia
02-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Rosie - I hope you're already feeling better :hug:

Jud - sorry to ear about your Granny,hope she gets better - take care :smooch:

Have a good week end Connie!

bovenbuuf
02-20-2005, 07:44 AM
goodmorning everybody!

bovenbuuf
02-20-2005, 07:45 AM
thanks Girls, for all the sweet words about my granny!

Yesteday I went to see her, she is looking better then the last time I saw her, but still not ok, so now she has to go to an elderlyhome...

Choupi
02-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Good news that you have found her better looking. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll take good care of her.

*Ljubica*
02-20-2005, 09:50 AM

Yesteday I went to see her, she is looking better then the last time I saw her, but still not ok, so now she has to go to an elderlyhome...

Glad that she is looking a little better Jud :hug: She will be well looked after in a home for the elderly and will have all the expert care she needs.

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 09:55 AM
I hope your grandma gets well looked after in the nursing home.

Choupi
02-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Rosie, how is it going with the flu you've picked up in Marseille? Hope you're finally getting through...

*Ljubica*
02-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Rosie, how is it going with the flu you've picked up in Marseille? Hope you're finally getting through...

Thanks for asking Choupi :hug: I don't have a temperature anymore which is good news, though my cough is still pretty bad and I've pulled a muscle from coughing just like you did :sad: I guess I'll live though!

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Too much smoking Rosie, btw did you get the PM I sent?

sophia_c
02-20-2005, 10:46 AM

I'm glad your Granny is doing better....will speak to you when you get back home.....

Choupi
02-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks for asking Choupi :hug: I don't have a temperature anymore which is good news, though my cough is still pretty bad and I've pulled a muscle from coughing just like you did :sad: I guess I'll live though!
Oh no Rosie...well, no need for me to say I know what it is. Go and see the doctor for your cough. Don't go like me, thinking you'll get better on your own means. You'll only get more trouble... :confused: I really hope you'll get better soon.
And yes, GWH is right. Smoking has never been of any help. ;)

*Ljubica*
02-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Too much smoking Rosie, btw did you get the PM I sent?

Haven't had a cigarette since the day of the Stepanek match because it hurts too much :sad: And yes - I did get the PM, - I am in the middle of answering it now.

And - yes I know I should go to the Doctor Choupi - but they'll just give me antibiotics and I don't like taking them at all - I'll leave it a few more days and see what happens I think. Plus I should go back to work tomorrow too :devil:

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I am lucky that I haven't had that many breathing problems, but then again watching some players can do that to you. I just chew a lot nails, chewing gum or just fidget.

Choupi
02-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Haven't had a cigarette since the day of the Stepanek match because it hurts too much :sad: And yes - I did get the PM, - I am in the middle of answering it now.

And - yes I know I should go to the Doctor Choupi - but they'll just give me antibiotics and I don't like taking them at all - I'll leave it a few more days and see what happens I think. Plus I should go back to work tomorrow too :devil:
Well, it's great news to read that you haven't had any cigarette since the Radek episode...smoking is such a bad habit. I've seen what it can do to your health with my mother. And I really don't feel like smoking my first cigarette...
As for the antibiotics, I can understand. But I do hope you won't wait for too long. As for work, if you're sick, you got a good reason to stay at home, don't you?

jazz_girl
02-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I hope your Grandmother gets better Jud! :hug:

bovenbuuf
02-20-2005, 12:25 PM
thanks for all the nice words! :hug:

bovenbuuf
02-20-2005, 12:26 PM
and Rosie do hope you get better soon!

*Ljubica*
02-20-2005, 03:31 PM
OK - I'm probably going to upset all the Roger fans here now :sad: but I've just finished watching the Rotterdam Final, and I'm really, really sad :bigcry: that Ivan Ljubicic didn't win. To lose any match in a final set tie-break is bad - to lose a final is even worse - and I understand this was Ivan's 3rd final this year and he has lost each one :sad: and I think everyone here can identify with that feeling.

He actually played better than Roger - he really tried and fought for every point - but in the end he wad just too nervous, and even though he had a break of serve in the final set tie-break, Roger still came back to win :devil: He's such a nice guy and he looked heart-broken at the end I just wanted to hug him :hug:

So -sorry Nova and Connie and all the other Roger fans here - but I really am :mad: Move over and give someone else a change Roger - PLEASE!!!

jazz_girl
02-20-2005, 07:18 PM
OMG What a day!!!!
I've been able to study some things, and I think I'll be able to study all by the time of the test starts. But right now I have to deal with a rabbit and my dog's jelousy...
My sister decided to bring a rabbit at home cause her friend was out of the city for 3 days, and she was gonna take care of it, but like everything, she liked it for 1 hour and then she got tired of it :rolleyes: It's not too much work really, but I feel terrible watching that little thing the entire day in a cage and looking for attention, and to make things worse, my dog cries every time I get close to the rabbit. So I have to hold him while I take care of the rabbit and I have to find some time to study as well. Thank God the owner comes pick it up today!!!
But I still can't undestand how anyone would have a rabbit in an apartment, it's so sad! :sad:

jazz_girl
02-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah Rosie, Ivan lost a HUGE chance...

*Ljubica*
02-20-2005, 08:13 PM
OMG What a day!!!!
I've been able to study some things, and I think I'll be able to study all by the time of the test starts. But right now I have to deal with a rabbit and my dog's jelousy...
My sister decided to bring a rabbit at home cause her friend was out of the city for 3 days, and she was gonna take care of it, but like everything, she liked it for 1 hour and then she got tired of it :rolleyes: It's not too much work really, but I feel terrible watching that little thing the entire day in a cage and looking for attention, and to make things worse, my dog cries every time I get close to the rabbit. So I have to hold him while I take care of the rabbit and I have to find some time to study as well. Thank God the owner comes pick it up today!!!
But I still can't undestand how anyone would have a rabbit in an apartment, it's so sad! :sad:

Oh - you're a good girl Jazzita - looking after everything so well :hug: And I agree it's cruel to keep the poor little rabbit caged up indoors, - it's natural for them to live outside and be free - but I guess if he has always lived that way he wouldn't survive so well outside. I can imagine Puppy getting jealous though - LOL - poor you! Good luck with the studying.

jazz_girl
02-20-2005, 08:28 PM
The bunny is just one month old, so I'd like to see him free with other bunnies. This is too cruel :sad:

*Ljubica*
02-20-2005, 08:41 PM
The bunny is just one month old, so I'd like to see him free with other bunnies. This is too cruel :sad:

Oh bless - he shouldn't even be away from his Mother at that age. Can he feed properly? Oh - poor little thing - that's so sad :sad:

jazz_girl
02-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, he can eat! Believe me! LOL
I just fed him again :)

*Ljubica*
02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Yeah, he can eat! Believe me! LOL
I just fed him again :)

Well that's one good thing :)

But the bad thing is I have to go back to work tomorrow :sad: - first time in 2 weeks :sad: - so I guess I ought to get off this computer now and go and sort some clothes out and organise some stuff, and then try and get to sleep - or I'll never get up at 5.30am tomorrow. I just wish I could go back to Marseille and start my "Tour" all over again.

So guess I'll talk to you tomorrow sometime - give the bunny (and Puppy) a big hug from me and don't work too hard :hug:

sigmagirl91
02-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi, all.

Choupi
02-20-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't know if you'll turn on your computer in the morning before leaving for work, but good luck Rosie for your come-back in hell... ;)

:wavey: Hi Tiff!

sigmagirl91
02-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey, Choupi. I'm cooking spaghetti now.

Choupi
02-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Come on Tiff. You don't help me here. It's past midnight. I should reasonably go to bed and you talk about your cooking spaghettis...Well done. I'm hungry now. :)

sigmagirl91
02-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Sorry....it's after 6pm here, and I am in bad need of something else to eat.

Choupi
02-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I understand...anyway, I'm gonna join Pinky in my comfy warm bed now...She has warmed it up for some hours now! ;) Have a good evening. See you... :wavey:

sigmagirl91
02-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Bye now. Talk to you tomorrow.

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 05:17 AM
I don't know if you'll turn on your computer in the morning before leaving for work, but good luck Rosie for your come-back in hell... ;)

:wavey: Hi Tiff!

Yes I do Choupi - so at 6.10am with ice and a howling gale outside - it's time to leave and go to "hell" :devil: Thanks for your thoughts :hug:

Have to say I am now determined to change my job in the next 2 months - I said it before I went away and my views haven't changed. I'd rather become a secretarial "temp" for a few months over the Summer while I look around properly, than go into that place much longer. It makes me really miserable and depressed :sad: and life's far too short to wish your day-to-day life away because you so much hate the thing you're forced to do for 8 hours each day :sad: Talk to you later if I can but I'll guess I'll have a lot of s*** to catch up on. :wavey:

bovenbuuf
02-21-2005, 06:04 AM
Rosie, sorry to hear your job is not that great, but well guess I knew that already ;) Hope you find a better one really soon, because I think the best job is the one you like to do so much. :hug:

bovenbuuf
02-21-2005, 06:16 AM
ok well I an off too. GOod luck today Rosie.
Hope my day will be around the 8 hours aswell... but guess I won't be that lucky :sad:

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Rosie, sorry to hear your job is not that great, but well guess I knew that already ;) Hope you find a better one really soon, because I think the best job is the one you like to do so much. :hug:

Being a naturally lazy person - my ideal job means staying at home all day doing nothing ;) I'm giving up this full-time work rubbish.

Choupi
02-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Rosie, hang on tight! I wish you find a job that suits you much better than the hell you're forced to go through every single day. I've already said it before, but each time you talk about your job and how much you hate it, I can't stop thinking I'm so lucky. I've worked real hard for it but have no regrets... :)

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Rosie, hang on tight! I wish you find a job that suits you much better than the hell you're forced to go through every single day. I've already said it before, but each time you talk about your job and how much you hate it, I can't stop thinking I'm so lucky. I've worked real hard for it but have no regrets... :)

Well Choupi - I've only been here one and a half hours and I've alredy been in tears once because I hate it so much :sad: Truth is I don't really feel well enough to face all the grief - I should have taken your advice and gone to the Doctor and stayed at home. I need a cuddle from a good man (or even a bad man!) - though a friendly ginger cat would probably suffice at the moment.

Choupi
02-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Well Choupi - I've only been here one and a half hours and I've alredy been in tears once because I hate it so much :sad: Truth is I don't really feel well enough to face all the grief - I should have taken your advice and gone to the Doctor and stayed at home. I need a cuddle from a good man (or even a bad man!) - though a friendly ginger cat would probably suffice at the moment.
Wow, this sounds like some call for rescue...It hurts to read you're in pain, physically and mentally. The least I can do is be here, trying to cheer you up a bit. I'm no good or bad man, I'm no ginger cuddling cat, I'm just a simple girl trying to help. All I can provide right now is a virtual big hug...Hope it helps. :)

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Wow, this sounds like some call for rescue...It hurts to read you're in pain, physically and mentally. The least I can do is be here, trying to cheer you up a bit. I'm no good or bad man, I'm no ginger cuddling cat, I'm just a simple girl trying to help. All I can provide right now is a virtual big hug...Hope it helps. :)

Thanks sweetie :hug:

Choupi
02-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Rosie, I've found this for you. Hope it's gonna help you crack a shy smile on your face. Are you ready? OK. Click on the link below and try to follow the rythm. Little piece of advice, it's from a German-speaking site so try to pronounce with some German accent, it'll be funnier. :D If others want to join, feel free! Don't be shy!!!!

http://fun.from.hell.pl/2003-02-18/volare-karaoke.swf

Oh Rosie, hope you have good relations with your colleagues at your office. Coz from now on, they'll look at you with some different eye... ;)

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Great fun - Choupi - thanks :) Bit embarrassing doing it at work though!

Choupi
02-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Yes it may be embarassing...but who cares? The ones around you who are taking you for a weirdo now, are too shy to admit they've liked it...Glad to have helped you a little! :)

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Yes it may be embarassing...but who cares? The ones around you who are taking you for a weirdo now, are too shy to admit they've liked it...Glad to have helped you a little! :)

Are you any good at using Excel?

Choupi
02-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Are you any good at using Excel?
Well I don't use Excel that often as I have only Lotus Smart Suite at work...but I can use it. Why?

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Well I don't use Excel that often as I have only Lotus Smart Suite at work...but I can use it. Why?

Ok, here is the thing I have a whole lot of numbers to add for the game I am looking after. I know the whole sum thing and the like.

I was wondering is there a way instead putting the formula in the line at the top. To say highlight the sheet and then click something that will add it all together.

Choupi
02-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Ok, here is the thing I have a whole lot of numbers to add for the game I am looking after. I know the whole sum thing and the like.

I was wondering is there a way instead putting the formula in the line at the top. To say highlight the sheet and then click something that will add it all together.
I know there's an icon in certain Excel versions that allow you to do so. The Greek Sum symbol. You highlight the line or the column, and then you click on that button. But I can't remember if it works for a whole sheet. :confused:
I hardly use that function in Excel. Sorry. I think the formula use is the better way for what you need to do.

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 10:33 AM
I know there's an icon in certain Excel versions that allow you to do so. The Greek Sum symbol. You highlight the line or the column, and then you click on that button. But I can't remember if it works for a whole sheet. :confused:
I hardly use that function in Excel. Sorry. I think the formula use is the better way for what you need to do.

I really couldn't be fucked typing the same formula 175x, so I am going to have to find other ways.

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Yes I do Choupi - so at 6.10am with ice and a howling gale outside - it's time to leave and go to "hell" :devil: Thanks for your thoughts :hug:

Have to say I am now determined to change my job in the next 2 months - I said it before I went away and my views haven't changed. I'd rather become a secretarial "temp" for a few months over the Summer while I look around properly, than go into that place much longer. It makes me really miserable and depressed :sad: and life's far too short to wish your day-to-day life away because you so much hate the thing you're forced to do for 8 hours each day :sad: Talk to you later if I can but I'll guess I'll have a lot of s*** to catch up on. :wavey:

I feel you on the job thing, and I'm determined to give a new job a good shot. I'm too damned old to stay in a job that gives me the blues day in and day out.

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 10:40 AM

Hey, George, select all the numbers that you're trying to add together, and press on the "sigma" sign to get your answer. Hope that helps. Or if you do want to put the formula at the top, then write out =sum(x1-x34), or something like that. Tell us how it works out.

Choupi
02-21-2005, 10:41 AM
I really couldn't be fucked typing the same formula 175x, so I am going to have to find other ways.
Of course, I understand your pb. I'm sure there's a way to do the summing without having to type the formula each time...but I don't know which one. :confused: If I were at school, I could ask one of our specialists, I'd have the answer straight away, but I won't return to work before next Monday...and I doubt you can't wait that long. Sorry but I can't help you on that. :sad:

Off topic, have I read you might get tv coverage for Acapulco?

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey, George, select all the numbers that you're trying to add together, and press on the "sigma" sign to get your answer. Hope that helps. Or if you do want to put the formula at the top, then write out =sum(x1-x34), or something like that. Tell us how it works out.

It's pissing me off and I will kick the crap out of this computer.

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I feel you on the job thing, and I'm determined to give a new job a good shot. I'm too damned old to stay in a job that gives me the blues day in and day out.

My feelings exactly - do we have the mid-30's blues :devil: Mind you - I think I need to re-visit "The Rag" today as well - which isn't helping :devil:

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
My feelings exactly - do we have the mid-30's blues :devil: Mind you - I think I need to re-visit "The Rag" today as well - which isn't helping :devil:

Oh, I definitely do. I may visit that thread later myself.

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
It's pissing me off and I will kick the crap out of this computer.

No...no...no...don't. Can I be your online assistant?

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 10:57 AM
No...no...no...don't. Can I be your online assistant?

I am giving this 10 mins and then I am going to do something more productive.

Choupi
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
George, check this link, it might help you...

http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/xw999998/eng/exlform.htm

*Elsie*
02-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Hello everybody!

The only reason I got out of bed this morning and dragged myself to work is YOU. I really missed you all this weekend. At home I have a MAC and Internet is not working so I am not able to post nor to read your posts.

Jud, I am happy that yout granny is better.
Rose, what can I say to make you feel better? As Choopi, I give you a big virtuel hug :hug: Please find another job quickly!

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Ok, I am going to hassle my computer geek friends at tomorrow, this shit isn't worth worrying about now.

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 11:08 AM
I am giving this 10 mins and then I am going to do something more productive.

OK....
Oh, and when you get your function working, should you ever need to use it again within the workbook, you can "copy and paste".

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Hello everybody!

The only reason I got out of bed this morning and dragged myself to work is YOU. I really missed you all this weekend. At home I have a MAC and Internet is not working so I am not able to post nor to read your posts.

Rose, what can I say to make you feel better? As Choopi, I give you a big virtuel hug :hug: Please find another job quickly!

Good morning, Connie. It looks like your PC is working now.

Choupi
02-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Ok, I am going to hassle my computer geek friends at tomorrow, this shit isn't worth worrying about now.
Hope they'll be able to help you. Anyway, I've helped one person today. Now Rosie has a great singer reputation at her office! :p

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 11:13 AM
OK....
Oh, and when you get your function working, should you ever need to use it again within the workbook, you can "copy and paste".

I am ok with the "copy/paste function" it's just there is no way I should have to enter the same formulae 170x albeit changing the numbers.

Choupi
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM
:wavey: Connie=choupinette! ;)

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Getting ready to go to "hell" now. Will talk to you all in a few.

*Elsie*
02-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Good morning, Connie. It looks like your PC is working now.

Hi Sig. I am at work and my PC here works fine. It's the MAC at home that's not working. I wanted to say you that I had a great time friday afternoon with you on this forum. You really made me laugh a lot. :worship:

*Elsie*
02-21-2005, 11:17 AM
:wavey: Connie=choupinette! ;)

:wavey: Salut Choupette! Do you have snow in your region?

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Hello everybody!

Hi Connie :wavey: Thanks for the big virtual hug - hope you people don't catch my flu or whatever it is with all this hugging!

*Elsie*
02-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi Connie :wavey: Thanks for the big virtual hug - hope you people don't catch my flu or whatever it is with all this hugging!

As long as it's a viruel flu I don't care!

Choupi
02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
:wavey: Salut Choupette! Do you have snow in your region?
Please, not "choupette"...I just hate it! choupinette is much nicer... ;)

Well, yes we have snow. Not much left as we have had around 5 inches. But temps yesterday have contributed to have it melt away...It's still white on the ground but it's not the same. If you are interested, I've posted pics in the GG forum, in the "where we are from" thread.

*Elsie*
02-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Please, not "choupette"...I just hate it! choupinette is much nicer... ;)

Well, yes we have snow. Not much left as we have had around 5 inches. But temps yesterday have contributed to have it melt away...It's still white on the ground but it's not the same. If you are interested, I've posted pics in the GG forum, in the "where we are from" thread.

I'll have a look, choupinette!

*Elsie*
02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Can't find it. I never find anything in GM! :mad:

taysbest
02-21-2005, 12:00 PM

I'm happy for you Rosie. I'm sure you feel better now.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Back to work- I'm sad but I'm only working 3 days this week so I shouldn't be so sad to be here today. 3 inches of crunchy snow....UGH- but my husband shoveled :)

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Connie, the Gaston Gaudio forum, which is listed just below this forum by the way.

taysbest
02-21-2005, 12:01 PM

I hope you feel better soon- Rosie! :hug:

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm happy for you Rosie. I'm sure you feel better now.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Back to work- I'm sad but I'm only working 3 days this week so I shouldn't be so sad to be here today. 3 inches of crunchy snow....UGH- but my husband shoveled :)

Aren't you the luckiest. The next break for me is in three weeks-Spring Break. Yes, I'm taking the entire week off, even though the office takes only three days of the break. I'm going to celebrate my birthday.

*Elsie*
02-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Connie, the Gaston Gaudio forum, which is listed just below this forum by the way.

Oops! Do you think I need glasses?

taysbest
02-21-2005, 12:04 PM
That sounds like a good deal Sig! A week off will be like Heaven!!!

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Oops! Do you think I need glasses?

Sure you do. ;)

sigmagirl91
That sounds like a good deal Sig! A week off will be like Heaven!!!

Yes...it would. I'm already thinking of things to do.

Choupi
Connie, I'm sorry if I have mislead you...GG means Gaston Gaudio. :)

And concerning the GM, don't worry, sometimes it's much better not finding... ;)

taysbest
02-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes...it would. I'm already thinking of things to do.

You will have no trouble filling that week up! I'm sure of it!

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 01:41 PM
You will have no trouble filling that week up! I'm sure of it!

Not at all. In fact, sleep is at the top of the agenda.

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
And concerning the GM, don't worry, sometimes it's much better not finding... ;)

I want to lose GM in the stack of homework I'm completing for my classes. :devil:

taysbest
02-21-2005, 04:41 PM
I hope you don't get lost under that stack though!

Is it time for me to go home??? I can't believe it's not 4pm.....

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Aren't you the luckiest. The next break for me is in three weeks-Spring Break. Yes, I'm taking the entire week off, even though the office takes only three days of the break. I'm going to celebrate my birthday.

Have fun Sigma :hug: And now I have a week off too - though for different reasons! I went to see my nice, kind Doctor on the way home from work tonight - and he took one look at me, prescribed me some very strong antibiotics, and signed me off work for a week. Apparently I have a "severe chest infection" and can't go out in the cold or do anything much for a week.

And considering we now have a really, really bad blizzard outside and people are being told not to travel - well - I think it's the right week to be in the warm with my cats :)

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Have fun Sigma :hug: And now I have a week off too - though for different reasons! I went to see my nice, kind Doctor on the way home from work tonight - and he took one look at me, prescribed me some very strong antibiotics, and signed me off work for a week. Apparently I have a "severe chest infection" and can't go out in the cold or do anything much for a week.

And considering we now have a really, really bad blizzard outside and people are being told not to travel - well - I think it's the right week to be in the warm with my cats :)

Sounds great-or does it?

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 05:03 PM
I hope you don't get lost under that stack though!

Is it time for me to go home??? I can't believe it's not 4pm.....

I've got mounds of it to do, trust me. 4:30 can't come soon enough for me.

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Sounds great-or does it?

Actually it does sound pretty great :) I could do without the medication (I hate taking antibiotics) - but a week indoors with some videos to watch and some books to read, instead of slipping and sliding on icy roads on the way to work suits me just fine!!!!

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Actually it does sound pretty great :) I could do without the medication (I hate taking antibiotics) - but a week indoors with some videos to watch and some books to read, instead of slipping and sliding on icy roads on the way to work suits me just fine!!!!

What I wouldn't give for another weekend. I'm already ready for one. I can finish this book that I started and discuss it with some online buddies.

bovenbuuf
02-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Being a naturally lazy person - my ideal job means staying at home all day doing nothing ;) I'm giving up this full-time work rubbish.
why not, its sometimes really great to have a vacation.... just after 1 day work again, I wish it would have been vacation time again... didn't feel like i just had 1 week vacation

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 06:31 PM
why not, its sometimes really great to have a vacation.... just after 1 day work again, I wish it would have been vacation time again... didn't feel like i just had 1 week vacation

So, it's back to school again, huh? I have a lesson plan to begin work on. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

bovenbuuf
02-21-2005, 06:50 PM
yes i am! and well the kids where sweet today. so guess I can't complain much.. its just that i didn't had much vacation last week, so well guess i will work 2 weeks and then have a holiday or something, just a break and stay home.

Oh a lesson plan is good. Hope it all works out, Sigma!

sophia_c
02-21-2005, 07:13 PM

Get well soon Rosie !!

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
yes i am! and well the kids where sweet today. so guess I can't complain much.. its just that i didn't had much vacation last week, so well guess i will work 2 weeks and then have a holiday or something, just a break and stay home.

It will; I'll make sure of that.

taysbest
02-21-2005, 07:27 PM

I hope you feel better soon! I'm sure those kitties will take good care of you. Even though you are sick- I think you will enjoy that week off from work. ;)
Stay in and get well!

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Another hour left. I want out of here-and now....

taysbest
02-21-2005, 07:30 PM

It's so hard to come back from vacation :sad: It takes forever to get back into the swing of things. Ohh- I can't wait for Thursday and Friday!

Only a half hour left of "hell" to go!! Then I'm gonna take a nap. I'm supposed to make cookies for work tomorrow. I wish I could train my cats to do it.

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
It's so hard to come back from vacation :sad: It takes forever to get back into the swing of things. Ohh- I can't wait for Thursday and Friday!

Only a half hour left of "hell" to go!! Then I'm gonna take a nap. I'm supposed to make cookies for work tomorrow. I wish I could train my cats to do it.

I need a nap. When I get home I need to eat, watch Judge Judy, and do some homework (the dreaded lesson plan, remember?).

taysbest
02-21-2005, 07:34 PM
I need a nap. When I get home I need to eat, watch Judge Judy, and do some homework (the dreaded lesson plan, remember?).

that darn lesson plan!!! I hope that goes quickly!

I watch J. Judy too! She's fantastic!! I love when she calls people "Madam". She's the best.

I hope the rest of your day goes quickly- that nap is on the way!!

sigmagirl91
02-21-2005, 07:37 PM
that darn lesson plan!!! I hope that goes quickly!

I watch J. Judy too! She's fantastic!! I love when she calls people "Madam". She's the best.

I hope the rest of your day goes quickly- that nap is on the way!!

I've already got one from last semester saved on my hard drive at home; all I have to do is type my information in and save it under another name. Judge J. is a riot (I love when she calls people "madam" and "sir"); she's so no-nonsense. I want the rest of my day to go smoothly, although I think I'm asking too much.

*Ljubica*
02-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks for your good wishes girls :hug: The antibiotics are making me feel very sleepy :zzz: so it's time for me to turn off the computer and go to bed. No doubt I'll catch up with you all tomorrow sometime - but - I'm not planning on getting up very early I can assure you. The good Doctor told me to rest - so that's what I intend to do for the next few days. Good night for now :wavey: