The "Say What You Want" Thread.... [Archive] - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

The "Say What You Want" Thread....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

crigazzio
01-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, I´m not sure what i want about Hewitt vs Roddick match

Elwing
01-27-2005, 03:49 PM
i hope Leytton gets the final too and Marat beats him as he did Federer, Marat deserves to get back to his best and this will encourage him hell lot .. also i do like the guy and his tennis style...

I listened to David at the espn interview and as always he was a gentlemen regarding what hewitt said... he has style inn and out of the court...! :kiss:

crigazzio
01-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Nice words Elwing!! And i´m totally agree about David!!!

bovenbuuf
01-27-2005, 04:43 PM
OMG-OMG-OMG!!!!!!!

Not that this surprises anyone, but there is another story involving a teacher sleeping with a student.

First, it was a teacher several years, who slept with one of her students when he was 14 and had a child with him. She was charged with statutory ****, but was found mentally incompetent to account for her actions, and the child, a girl, was given to the young boy and his family to raise. Then, she went back to the same little dude, who is, I think, 18 (?!), and they have another child-another girl. I wonder why the parents never did anything to make sure she stayed in jail.

Now, there's another case-one of a 24-year-old woman who is accused by her husband of sleeping with one of her students, a 14-year-old. No further word yet as to how far this will go.

Overall, I think it's sick. I can't think of myself sleeping with a student or, if I were a student, sleeping with a teacher or professor. I think that the teachers propositioned the students with the promise of an "A" in class if they complied.

I get mad when I read or hear about stories like this. It makes you think, but it makes you want to jerk a knot in these teachers. Ughhh.....
wow Sig really said to read this. I now have my own kids and teach them.. but never ever I would do this. Really goes to far. Hope she never is allowed to teach again.

bovenbuuf
01-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to say how glad I am that Marat won today :) Sorry Fedex - no offence - just think it's time for a change.
yes it was a great match to watch. also glad he won, and do think he deserved it. Roger didn't play well

justClaudia
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
I haven't seen the match..but i got to say that I was a bit surprised when I saw the score!!
Not that I think that Marat is not a great player..but I thought Roger was unbeatible!

It's good to have a change - sorry to all Roger fans.

novanora
01-27-2005, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen the match..but i got to say that I was a bit surprised when I saw the score!!
Not that I think that Marat is not a great player..but I thought Roger was unbeatible!

It's good to have a change - sorry to all Roger fans.
Roger is not unbeatible, he just can keep his beautiful tennis more stable and longer in the court. Today, he still played some good shots, but his backhand and serving are weaker than before, especially compared with Safin's serving and baselines. Safin really played so well today. but Roger..... :sad:

justClaudia
01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Well of course he isn't since he lost to Marat.
But I saw him very strong and confident..so I was very surprised with his loss.

I'm sorry you're sad,Nova :hug:
But I'm sure Marat played very well and deserved to win.

*Ljubica*
01-27-2005, 05:49 PM
i hope Leytton gets the final too and Marat beats him as he did Federer, Marat deserves to get back to his best and this will encourage him hell lot .. also i do like the guy and his tennis style...

I listened to David at the espn interview and as always he was a gentlemen regarding what hewitt said... he has style inn and out of the court...! :kiss:

I agree Elwing - and nice to see you over here on our Forum - welcome :wavey:

novanora
01-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Well of course he isn't since he lost to Marat.
But I saw him very strong and confident..so I was very surprised with his loss.

I'm sorry you're sad,Nova :hug:
But I'm sure Marat played very well and deserved to win.
not at all, Claudia :hug:
Roger can't always keep winning, he should give others chance ;) yeah, he played so well against Agassi and felt confident as you said, so most of fans don't think he will lost to Safin, even Marat really have the talent to challenge him.
Anyway, loss is not a bad thing at all.

jazz_girl
01-27-2005, 06:56 PM
I really like your new avatar, Nova :)

sigmagirl91
01-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Cool avvie, dear.

novanora
01-27-2005, 07:26 PM

Cool avvie, dear.

thanks, :lol: actually you all know this pic is from David and Roger's QF in 2004 Australian Open. So far, both of my top favs are out after playing 5 sets, both play marvellous tennis, both fighting a lot to the last moment, both make me feel proud of them. :D I really expect their next meeting, even better in a Grand Slam final. They can play a classic match for us. ;)

jazz_girl
01-27-2005, 07:30 PM
And let's hope David can win that match ;)

Elwing
01-27-2005, 08:42 PM
I agree Elwing - and nice to see you over here on our Forum - welcome :wavey:

Thanks Rosie! being new i forgot to introduce myself , don't know if that's another post but since here is the "say what you want" then i'll follow... i'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina and i'm really big fan of David, Coria, Marat and Gaudio... not a fan that remembers all their tittles, presentations, scores or so but the one that can download all their shirtless pics! :devil: nah.. seriously i love the players full of surprises and high class games, not the ones that aces the hole match...Hope we get a great match bertween marat and hewitt on the final...

jazz_girl
01-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Elwing! :wavey:

*Ljubica*
01-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks Rosie! being new i forgot to introduce myself , don't know if that's another post but since here is the "say what you want" then i'll follow... i'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina and i'm really big fan of David, Coria, Marat and Gaudio... not a fan that remembers all their tittles, presentations, scores or so but the one that can download all their shirtless pics! :devil: nah.. seriously i love the players full of surprises and high class games, not the ones that aces the hole match...Hope we get a great match bertween marat and hewitt on the final...

Shirtless pics :yeah: And - don't worry - you can introduce yourself wherever you want :) I'm Rosie from England - I love David (of course) - but also like Agustin Calleri, Gaston, Marat ....quite a few players really :) But I hate players who just serve aces too! I'm sure you'll get to know the rest of our "happy bunch" in time! We're quite a happy family here!!

sigmagirl91
01-27-2005, 09:08 PM

Welcome Elwing. You'll find we're a funny, happy bunch. Come back again. :)

jazz_girl
01-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, I made a new thread with David's calender and made it sticky. Let me know if it bothers you having it there ;)

sigmagirl91
01-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey guys, I made a new thread with David's calender and made it sticky. Let me know if it bothers you having it there ;)

No, not at all. It's a reminder for us to check out what's going on with him. Thanks.

Fedex
01-28-2005, 01:58 AM
I cant tell you how sad I am right now.:sad: :sad: Two back to back upsetting losses, both 5 sets, and both I think you know what matches I am talking about. Had Federer won yesterday, I would of actually wanted Roddick to beat Hewitt( I am sick of Hewitt, especially after the Nalbandian match), but now that is reversed, so I really hope Hewitt wins now. I dont like Safin's chances against Roddick, thats why, but if he plays like he did yesterday, and shows the heart and mentality he did yesterday, he will win the tournement regardless.

Fedex
01-28-2005, 01:59 AM
I like yours too, and Rosie's and Sigma's. :) (They are rather similar though,lol. :lol:)

Fedex
01-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Just wanted to say how glad I am that Marat won today :) Sorry Fedex - no offence - just think it's time for a change.
Dont worry, I take no offense to this. :) I like Marat too, it just was sad to see Roger lose a big match( and its not easy, as I am still recovering from the Nalbandian match); its been so long since I've seen Federer playing nervous, and looking unsure of himself. I just hope he takes the positives out of this match, and the same thing goes for David. :)

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 02:12 AM
Fedex, I was there and did cheer for Marat, it wasn't easy but at the same time I thought Roger would come through anyway drop by the Cult and read my reports.

-ernie-
01-28-2005, 04:16 AM
I am glad Marat won because Fed was been dominating for to long, but sad to see a great person like federer loose though :sad:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 06:15 AM
[QUOTE=Fedex]I cant tell you how sad I am right now.:sad: :sad: Two back to back upsetting losses, both 5 sets, and both I think you know what matches I am talking about. Had Federer won yesterday, I would of actually wanted Roddick to beat Hewitt( I am sick of Hewitt, especially after the Nalbandian match), but now that is reversed, so I really hope Hewitt wins now. I dont like Safin's chances against Roddick, thats why, but if he plays like he did yesterday, and shows the heart and mentality he did yesterday, he will win the tournement regardless.[/QUOTE

Please don't be sad Fedex :sad: I went through a pretty bad time after David's match but now I am just so proud of him and I'm sure you must be of a great player like Roger. They say you learn more out of defeat than victory and I'm sure both will grow stronger after this Australian Open. Take care :hug:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 06:17 AM

No of course it doesn't bother me - I think it is a great idea - thanks :)

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 06:19 AM
Rosie, I just posted the report and now I am writing the Safin/Federer one and Eduardo was at that match.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Rosie, I just posted the report and now I am writing the Safin/Federer one and Eduardo was at that match.

Thanks - I've just read it and replied! Actually Eduardo watched Safin in Madrid too - maybe he enjoys watching him - most people do - he is always fun to watch. Hope he wins the whole damn thing now.

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Marat better win.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Marat better win.

Too right. I can almost hear the gloating of DuckNation now if Duckboy wins - and it's not a pleasant sound! Btw - I LOATHE being in this shit place they call my office - I want to go home NOW. Worse thing is - I have to work tomorrow too to make up for taking Monday off to watch the David/Coria match. I think I'm going to :crying2:

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 07:47 AM
I have written the Fed/Marat report and Nalle is our Norwegian petname for Nalbandian.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 08:28 AM
I have written the Fed/Marat report and Nalle is our Norwegian petname for Nalbandian.

Did you manage to get a ticket for Fed/Marat or was it another watch from the Hill job? That match must have been awesome to see live - such an incredible atmosphere though I have only seen recorded highlights of it :sad:

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Hewitt on the brushed shoulder incident:
"Lo provocó él mismo", dijo Hewitt. "Caminó un poco, como que esperó para un choque de hombros...creo".
"He provoked it himself", said Hewitt. "He walked a little, like he was waiting for a shoulder brush...I think" :rolleyes:
http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.php?Idx=164382&IdxSeccion=100704

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Too right. I can almost hear the gloating of DuckNation now if Duckboy wins - and it's not a pleasant sound!

You can smile now, Rosie. Hewitt prevailed 3-6 7-6 7-6 6-1, and he's number 2 now....

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Vamos Safin!!! :bounce:

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Go Marat!!!!

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 12:15 PM
It made me laugh to read all the stuff about Duckboy slinking off to the Locker Room and sulking and having to be called back by the Umpire :devil: How dare the members of DuckNation ever call David a "whiner" or a "sourpuss" again :devil: 6-1 fourth set - LOL!!!

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Did you manage to get a ticket for Fed/Marat or was it another watch from the Hill job? That match must have been awesome to see live - such an incredible atmosphere though I have only seen recorded highlights of it :sad:

I was there live and was sitting behind Evonne Cawley so that definitely wasn't a big screen job.

Well Marat vs Hewitt at least it won't be aces, service winners, double faults and tiebreakers, which for some people is the epitome of great tennis, luckily I am not some people.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I was there live and was sitting behind Evonne Cawley so that definitely wasn't a big screen job.

Well Marat vs Hewitt at least it won't be aces, service winners, double faults and tiebreakers, which for some people is the epitome of great tennis, luckily I am not some people.

Wow - that must have been great! So are you going to the Final?

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 12:28 PM
It made me laugh to read all the stuff about Duckboy slinking off to the Locker Room and sulking and having to be called back by the Umpire :devil: How dare the members of DuckNation ever call David a "whiner" or a "sourpuss" again :devil: 6-1 fourth set - LOL!!!

They won't.

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Wow - that must have been great! So are you going to the Final?

I am not that confident of that, though I'll go to the party afterwards. :)

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I am not that confident of that, though I'll go to the party afterwards. :)

Have a drink (or two) for me :)

Action Jackson
01-28-2005, 12:37 PM
If I can I will and the 8 minute break was interesting and I think that made Hewitt focus even more and Roddick was crushed by the end of it.

crigazzio
01-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi everybody, The final is caming!! :P
GO MARAT!!!!! I hope Hippo man can beat Hewitt I´ll be cheering for that, Roddick was really bad today........

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
If I can I will and the 8 minute break was interesting and I think that made Hewitt focus even more and Roddick was crushed by the end of it.

I saw the infamous break for the second time. What a wuss....did he think that Lleyton was going to be bothered by that?

taysbest
01-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi All!
I just heard on the radio that Hewitt one. How 'bout that? It's going to be an interesting final. I hope that Marat doesn't waste this chance. I have to go with Marat over Hewitt. That "Come on" just gets on my nerves. Sorry to the Hewitt fans here...if it were a few times a match when it mattered, that would be one thing but over and over again is just too much for me.

I didn't get a chance to say hi to Elwing...I'm from the US....I'm a fan of Gaston, David, Massu, Chela....there are others but.....I'm at work, which I'm not happy about and I can't wait to go home. That is the story of my life. :D

Hope everyone is having a good day. I hope its closer to 4 than the last time I looked at the clock.

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi All!
I just heard on the radio that Hewitt one. How 'bout that? It's going to be an interesting final. I hope that Marat doesn't waste this chance. I have to go with Marat over Hewitt. That "Come on" just gets on my nerves. Sorry to the Hewitt fans here...if it were a few times a match when it mattered, that would be one thing but over and over again is just too much for me.

I didn't get a chance to say hi to Elwing...I'm from the US....I'm a fan of Gaston, David, Massu, Chela....there are others but.....I'm at work, which I'm not happy about and I can't wait to go home. That is the story of my life. :D

Hope everyone is having a good day. I hope its closer to 4 than the last time I looked at the clock.

I am in "hell" also, and I'm not happy about it. I can't wait til 4:30; then I'll be home free.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I saw the infamous break for the second time. What a wuss....did he think that Lleyton was going to be bothered by that?

Haven't seen any of it yet because I am "in hell" too :devil: But I'll catch it on the highlights tonights and be interested to hear what our commentators have to say.

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Haven't seen any of it yet because I am "in hell" too :devil: But I'll catch it on the highlights tonights and be interested to hear what our commentators have to say.

You'll LYAO!!!

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I was preparing to leave and I didn't see that part. What happened between Roddick and Hewitt?

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I was preparing to leave and I didn't see that part. What happened between Roddick and Hewitt?

After Hewitt won the third set tiebreaker, Roddick took an eight-minute "break" in the locker room. Apparently, he thought this would rattle Hewitt's cage and break his momentum, but all it did was make Hewitt hungrier. Thus, the 6-1 thrashing in the fourth set.

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I didn't know he was allowed to do that...
Thanks for explaining that to me :)

sigmagirl91
01-28-2005, 01:44 PM

You should be able to see this again on ESPN this afternoon.

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 01:49 PM
LOL! Believe me, I won't miss it!

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 03:46 PM
I finally found the quote I was looking for:
Lleyton Hewitt on his shoulder brushing during the changeover in his match against David Nalbandian: "He brought it on himself a little. He sort of waited for a bit of a shoulder." You be the judge. Nalbandian on Hewitt: "He is not a gentleman. What he does is not good for tennis. His attitude speaks for itself."...
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-01-29/d.php

novanora
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Lleyton Hewitt on his shoulder brushing during the changeover in his match against David Nalbandian: "He brought it on himself a little. He sort of waited for a bit of a shoulder." You be the judge. Nalbandian on Hewitt: "He is not a gentleman. What he does is not good for tennis. His attitude speaks for itself."...
is that really serious? i mean many players also brush their shoulder by accident in changeover, but most of them keep friendly :confused:

sophia_c
01-28-2005, 05:02 PM

Wow...well this just sums lleyton up for me.....This should have been a David Marat final.......

justClaudia
01-28-2005, 05:08 PM
After Hewitt won the third set tiebreaker, Roddick took an eight-minute "break" in the locker room. Apparently, he thought this would rattle Hewitt's cage and break his momentum, but all it did was make Hewitt hungrier. Thus, the 6-1 thrashing in the fourth set.

Can he do that? A eight minute break??

I thought that was only legal for WTA :confused:
The duck as always to be different...

I saw some things he said after the match and he was pissed...Poor duck,I'm sooo sorry for him.. :devil:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Can he do that? A eight minute break??

I thought that was only legal for WTA :confused:
The duck as always to be different...

I saw some things he said after the match and he was pissed...Poor duck,I'm sooo sorry for him.. :devil:

:devil: :devil:

I am honestly so glad he is not in the Final :devil: Have to say - Eurosport are showing Marat/Roger semi final again at the moment, and that probably should have been the Final - some of the tennis in this match is superb.

justClaudia
01-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Honestly...I'm glad too.
Plus I don't think he had any chance against Marat.

So I guess the duck just saved himself from the humiliation :p

sophia_c
01-28-2005, 05:35 PM

I am honestly so glad he is not in the Final :devil: Have to say - Eurosport are showing Marat/Roger semi final again at the moment, and that probably should have been the Final - some of the tennis in this match is superb.

Yeah I'm watching that match again too Rose.....and it was so good....just before I go to watch "Meet the Fockers"....a little bit of light entertainment after the long week of tennis and the strange schedule I have been keeping.

novanora
01-28-2005, 05:37 PM

i don't like Mr. Hippo's tennis at all. Powerful serving and heavy baselines :yawn::zzz: but seems not any better choice now

i will stick to my ideal David-Roger perfect final, even still don't know how far should wait for.

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah I'm watching that match again too Rose.....and it was so good....just before I go to watch "Meet the Fockers"....a little bit of light entertainment after the long week of tennis and the strange schedule I have been keeping.
I saw that movie two days ago! It was great! :)

jazz_girl
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
i don't like Mr. Hippo's tennis at all. Powerful serving and heavy baselines :yawn::zzz: but seems not any better choice now

i will stick to my ideal David-Roger perfect final, even still don't know how far should wait for.
Maybe in a TMS, who knows! ;)

Fedex
01-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Marat better win.
He had better win the tournement now yes. Sadly I think after beating Federer in such a mentally draining match, I think Safin could have a letdown vs. Hewitt. :( If he shows the same heart and desire to win as he did in the semis, he will win, but thats not always easy to do, after already climbing such a huge mountain.

Fedex
01-28-2005, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=Fedex]I cant tell you how sad I am right now.:sad: :sad: Two back to back upsetting losses, both 5 sets, and both I think you know what matches I am talking about. Had Federer won yesterday, I would of actually wanted Roddick to beat Hewitt( I am sick of Hewitt, especially after the Nalbandian match), but now that is reversed, so I really hope Hewitt wins now. I dont like Safin's chances against Roddick, thats why, but if he plays like he did yesterday, and shows the heart and mentality he did yesterday, he will win the tournement regardless.[/QUOTE

Please don't be sad Fedex :sad: I went through a pretty bad time after David's match but now I am just so proud of him and I'm sure you must be of a great player like Roger. They say you learn more out of defeat than victory and I'm sure both will grow stronger after this Australian Open. Take care :hug:
Thanks Rosie :hug: :), and we obviously both know what these defeats feel like, and they dont feel good, mind you. If you havent noticed, I am passionate in sports, and supporting my players or teams; but atleast Hewitt made me feel alittle better today, beating the Duck. But I certainly DONT want to see Hewitt win the final, so I will lose some of my respect for Safin if he doesn't win the final, after his noble performance against Federer.

Fedex
01-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Rosie, this is a match you must get. Although the end result was not good for me, this match goes right up there with last years RG Final, or the David Hewitt match, although the quality was better than the Nalbandian Hewitt match. This is a match I will never forget, so I definetly recommend getting it as soon as you can.

Fedex
01-28-2005, 11:57 PM
You know it does feel good that Hewitt beat Roddick today, even more so than usual. This one is especially great, because after Federer lost, the Roddick fans thought Roddick had this tournement in the bag. :lol: How Hewitt proved them wrong. :lol: :rolls:

Fedex
01-28-2005, 11:59 PM

You were. :eek: I thought they might have shown her a few times during the match; I will have to go back through the tape and look.

Fedex
01-29-2005, 12:00 AM
And it was funny how Roddick tried to use gamesmanship by taking the 7 minute long 'bath room break'. Man did that backfire.

Fedex
01-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Roddick is really pathetic; he showed absoultly no fight in that 4th set; his fans should be mad at him for that.

Fedex
01-29-2005, 12:03 AM
He's not 'allowed' to, I dont think. They had to go and get him to come back on the court.

Fedex
01-29-2005, 12:07 AM
That would be my ideal final too, but we can always get want we want.

sigmagirl91
01-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Roddick is really pathetic; he showed absoultly no fight in that 4th set; his fans should be mad at him for that.

As usual, they explain away his "choke" by saying that he's not confident enough, or something like that. If I had a dime for every time they say that when he loses to Federer or Hewitt, I will be a rich woman.

jazz_girl
01-29-2005, 12:40 AM
I think after losing both TB, he just gave up...

sigmagirl91
01-29-2005, 12:41 AM
I think after losing both TB, he just gave up...

Waved the white flag, did he? :devil:

jazz_girl
01-29-2005, 12:44 AM
I think that would explain his 8-minute break. He didn't want to go back there and face reality...

sigmagirl91
01-29-2005, 12:48 AM
I think that would explain his 8-minute break. He didn't want to go back there and face reality...

Typical prima donna. Get a grip, Andy....

jazz_girl
01-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Tracey, come join us, don't be shy! :wavey:

jazz_girl
01-29-2005, 01:14 AM
I was checking the Dubai site and David is not on the list of players yet. I don't think he'll go there this year, he'll be playing two tournaments back to back before that one and maybe he'll want to prepare well for Indian Wells, since it's more important and he has no points to defend ;)
http://www.dubaitennischampionships.com/players.htm

Fedex
01-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Waved the white flag, did he? :devil:
Which makes you admire guys like Federer, Safin, and David even more. They dont give up. Once things arent going his way, Roddick often will give up, which is said for the number 2 player in the world.

Fedex
01-29-2005, 03:06 AM
As usual, they explain away his "choke" by saying that he's not confident enough, or something like that. If I had a dime for every time they say that when he loses to Federer or Hewitt, I will be a rich woman.
So true.

Action Jackson
01-29-2005, 03:36 AM
You were. :eek: I thought they might have shown her a few times during the match; I will have to go back through the tape and look.

You might have seen me then, then again maybe not.

Fedex
01-29-2005, 04:12 AM
You might have seen me then, then again maybe not.
When I do go back into my tape, should I look for someone like the men in your avatar?

Fedex
01-29-2005, 04:18 AM
I have officially lost my respect for Davenport after that total colapse against Serena.

sigmagirl91
01-29-2005, 05:04 AM
I was checking the Dubai site and David is not on the list of players yet. I don't think he'll go there this year, he'll be playing two tournaments back to back before that one and maybe he'll want to prepare well for Indian Wells, since it's more important and he has no points to defend ;)
http://www.dubaitennischampionships.com/players.htm

He will have no points really to defend at Dubai, so if he does skip it, it's no biggie.

-ernie-
01-29-2005, 05:22 AM
He will have no points really to defend at Dubai, so if he does skip it, it's no biggie.
thats good :) he didnt win any points at the AO did he :scratch:

bovenbuuf
01-29-2005, 09:17 AM
thats good :) he didnt win any points at the AO did he :scratch:
AO 2004 he also made it to the QF

bovenbuuf
01-29-2005, 09:19 AM
yup, was a dreadfull first round against Nieminen ...

*Ljubica*
01-29-2005, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=jazz_girl]I was checking the Dubai site and David is not on the list of players yet. I don't think he'll go there this year, he'll be playing two tournaments back to back before that one and maybe he'll want to prepare well for Indian Wells, since it's more important and he has no points to defend ;)

I think you're right Jime. I think he will prefer to go home, spend a week or two with his Mother and then prepare for Indian Wells - by that time he will have been away from home for 6 -7 weeks and it's a long time - especially under the circumstances.

jazz_girl
01-29-2005, 01:51 PM
That's true...

sigmagirl91
01-29-2005, 03:35 PM
No one would or could blame him if he were to skip Dubai. With no points to defend, and the extenuating circumstances, he would do well to go home for a couple of weeks to check up on mom and help her out.

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Anyone watching the Safin/Hewitt match???
Vamos Marat!!!! :bounce:

Leonandy
01-30-2005, 10:59 AM
I am watching it.And I'm really sleepy at 3am.But I'm still watching it.Don't wanna miss a grand slam final game.

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 11:03 AM
I think Marat's got it this time! :)

Björki
01-30-2005, 11:32 AM
It looks like Marat is going to win.
Fight lleyton

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 11:48 AM
I am so pleased Marat won....although I can't help but feel it could have been David's.....silly I know....

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 12:03 PM
I am really plesed that Marat won - and so impressed with the way he served out that match! Actually all I could think of during that last game was "why the f*** can't David serve out sets and matches like that!" :devil:

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 12:33 PM
I am so pleased Marat won....although I can't help but feel it could have been David's.....silly I know....
If david would have been that, he would have lost another final ;)

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 12:44 PM
If david would have been that, he would have lost another final ;)

Sadly I agree with you Jazz - David is improving rapidly but there's still some way to go yet and the mentaliity on the big occasion is still a big stumbling block for him at the moment. But then Marat is two years older and has been through some really troubled times (dropped down to below Number 70 in the world a couple of years ago), so I'm sure David's time will come.

I was thinking the other day - if David is to win a title this year it will almost certainly be Barcelona, because although I plan to go there for a few days at the beginning of the week, I have other commitments here that week and must be home by Friday at the latest, which means I would miss the final there - typical of my luck with finals I think! :devil:

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 12:48 PM
I think David would have lost because of Safin's level. I don't know if he would have tanked it...
As for the title, I think he'll win a tournament in a hardcourt. I mean, he has to! He has two clay titles and none in fast surfaces? There's something wrong there! ;)

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 12:58 PM
I think David would have lost because of Safin's level. I don't know if he would have tanked it...
As for the title, I think he'll win a tournament in a hardcourt. I mean, he has to! He has two clay titles and none in fast surfaces? There's something wrong there! ;)

How about starting with Marseille :yeah: I promise I'll be a good girl and I won't put him off!

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Marseille sounds great to me! :)
Although, I don't think I'll get coverage of it :sad:

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Marseille sounds great to me! :)
Although, I don't think I'll get coverage of it :sad:

I'll do my best to write reports like GWH!

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Great :)

bovenbuuf
01-30-2005, 02:06 PM
still not sure if Eurosport have will broadcast it, probably not.. so would be great Rosie if we could read some of your reports!

Soda
01-30-2005, 05:29 PM
yes we will have it on tv, fox sports announced it on the promo for this year, but they always get it on semis, anyway...thats it.

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks Soda!
Are you the same one over at the .net?

Soda
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
i mean...here in azerbaijan we will have it........(???)

-ernie-
01-30-2005, 05:42 PM
The Tennis Chanell will show the Semi's and the Finals so hopefully David will get there so I can watch him :)

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 05:44 PM
i mean...here in azerbaijan we will have it........(???)
LOL I think you chose the wrong country...How's life in azerbaijan???

Soda
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
quite difficult you know...i mean...its a difficult country....lots of....arabians....a lot of breath talking..

Soda
01-30-2005, 05:50 PM
i forgot, theres a lot of sand here. yes. thats right, sand.

-ernie-
01-30-2005, 05:53 PM
is it my afganistan? where is it?

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 05:59 PM
quite difficult you know...i mean...its a difficult country....lots of....arabians....a lot of breath talking..

Будет погодой как сегодня? :angel: If you are really in Azerbaijan guess you will be able to answer that one really quickly ;)

Soda
01-30-2005, 06:03 PM
chau loco esta flaca no me afloja....mammmita que calvarioooooooooooooo

-ernie-
01-30-2005, 06:06 PM
wait. thats spansh isnt it ? :scratch:

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 06:10 PM

It's sure as hell not Azerbaijani!!!!

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Ahora cual es el problema?
Che, vos sabes algo de alguna lesión de David?

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 07:20 PM
yes we will have it on tv, fox sports announced it on the promo for this year, but they always get it on semis, anyway...thats it.

Give it up you dimwit........but you do make me laugh out loud.....check you pm's.....oh and a very warm welcome to you :wavey: ......I know you'll appreciate my welcome...oh and I hope you can cope with the weather in Azerbaijan...it is quite different to what you are used to at this time of the year...but hey...look on the bright side.....you get fox sports.....and you have internet access to talk to us!!...speak to you soon cutie....

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Give it up you dimwit........but you do make me laugh out loud.....check you pm's.....oh and a very warm welcome to you :wavey: ......I know you'll appreciate my welcome...oh and I hope you can cope with the weather in Azerbaijan...it is quite different to what you are used to at this time of the year...but hey...look on the bright side.....you get fox sports.....and you have internet access to talk to us!!...speak to you soon cutie....

Well I did ask him how he was coping with the weather down Azerbaijan way - but - strange - he didn't seem to understand my question :angel:

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 08:07 PM

yeah its Spanish...remember Soda gets very confused...very often... :) :)

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Well I did ask him how he was coping with the weather down Azerbaijan way - but - strange - he didn't seem to understand my question :angel:

Well I do believe he has just moved there recently so I guess he is having difficulties with the lingo.....but I will ask him when I speak to him later.... :)

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 08:32 PM
LOL - have you heard the latest? Lleyton Hewitt is supposed to have proposed to his new girlfriend - they've only been dating a few weeks :eek: Talk about being on the rebound from Kim!!!

Oh - and Leena has started a thread in Bugs/Errors wanting to get Sigma banned :eek: This place is going totally crazy!!!!!!

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 08:35 PM
I'll check it out...I should be marking but I will blame our friend Soda for getting me off task all afternoon......now I'm playing catch up

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 09:04 PM
LOL - have you heard the latest? Lleyton Hewitt is supposed to have proposed to his new girlfriend - they've only been dating a few weeks :eek: Talk about being on the rebound from Kim!!!

Oh - and Leena has started a thread in Bugs/Errors wanting to get Sigma banned :eek: This place is going totally crazy!!!!!!
What??? :haha: @ both topics! LOL

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 09:16 PM
I already answer to that thread, and I can expect a bad repp coming any moment now :)

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:16 PM

I saw that. Fuck Leena. and the bottle of vodka she drank before she started the thread. To my knowledge I have more posts and rep. points than she, so she'd have to have one hell of a reason to have me banned.

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Soda, are you the new shithead on the block. And how many hours have you been in Azerbaijan, two? Your plane just dropped down. Then again, it was your ET bike that malfunctioned.

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:19 PM

You don't know where the hell you are? For all we know, you may have been assigned to a mental facility there. Don't forget to watch your ass when you go to the bathroom.

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 09:26 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: .....OMG you've been rumbled.....

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Soda, are you the new shithead on the block. And how many hours have you been in Azerbaijan, two? Your plane just dropped down. Then again, it was your ET bike that malfunctioned.

Thats too funny....but hey...I think he is just trying to make us all laugh....I know I am :haha: :haha:

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Thats too funny....but hey...I think he is just trying to make us all laugh....I know I am :haha: :haha:

He's full of shit. Where is he anyway? I need my whore-mones revved up.... :devil:

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey be nice Sigma...you know he is a sensitive boy!!!

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah, it's nice to have new posters over here :)

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:41 PM
:devil: Hey be nice Sigma...you know he is a sensitive boy!!!

And a "little" boy too. You know I can't stand those types....

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, it's nice to have new posters over here :)

Soda? New? Suuuuuuuuuure......

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 09:43 PM
New to this forum.
I can't wait to read a conversation between him and TD or our new friend Leena :)

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
New to this forum.
I can't wait to read a conversation between him and TD or our new friend Leena :)

We'll all need some Pepto.

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Well...thats something to look forward to...I will have to fill him in on all the things that go on here...just so he is fully prepared......I'd love a bit of verbal :boxing:

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Well...thats something to look forward to...I will have to fill him in on all the things that go on here...just so he is fully prepared......I'd love a bit of verbal :boxing:

With me carrying out my signature to the fullest extent. It will be a good show, I promise.

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
The ban list has been deleted. Thanks, tc, you're the bestest.

Choupi
01-30-2005, 10:04 PM
I already answer to that thread, and I can expect a bad repp coming any moment now :)
I'm expecting the same treatment from her...as I also have exposed my opinion...and it'll be my very first bad rep if she dares... :devil: Does she have so much time to waste, always trying to stirr it up? Or does she have so much trouble getting over the fact that Amanda hasn't fullfilled her wish to become admin? I'm not used to enter polemics but there, I had to.

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Well thats something....

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm expecting the same treatment from her...as I also have exposed my opinion...and it'll be my very first bad rep if she dares... :devil: Does she have so much time to waste, always trying to stirr it up? Or does she have so much trouble getting over the fact that Amanda hasn't fullfilled her wish to become admin? I'm not used to enter polemics but there, I had to.

She doesn't have enough posts to be an admin. I think she has to have senior membership to be one. So, she's quite a ways from it.

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I can see there is so much love here!!!!...its heartening to be surrounded by by it and Sigma....I think you are right....The Bitch Parade has Arrived!!! :eek:

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 10:24 PM
The Bitch Parade stays in business 24/7. I was told that I was trying too hard to be a bitch (imagine that, coming from the intellectually challenged one). Since when did I ever have to try too hard at what I do naturally? Why do other wannabe divas come on here and can't fuckin' spell, try to be a bitch? Why? I hate bitches who can't be a bitch, try to be a bitch and end up sounding like a fake wannabe. What gives here? I'm changing my sig again.

sophia_c
01-30-2005, 10:28 PM
That is too funny...and I love the new signature..... :haha: :haha: :haha:

sigmagirl91
01-30-2005, 10:37 PM
That is too funny...and I love the new signature..... :haha: :haha: :haha:

I do too. :devil:

-ernie-
01-30-2005, 10:45 PM
:lol: nice sig :yeah: ;)

jazz_girl
01-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, it's really cool :yeah:

*Ljubica*
01-31-2005, 06:19 AM
LOL - I seem to have missed a lot last night, and if the offending thread has now been deleted I'ill never catch up!!! Personally, I think Leena is just a silly little girl trying desparately for attention by being as clever and controversial as she can but failing miserably on both counts. She irritates me a lot - but I still prefer her to t_d :devil: For some reason she always leaves me completely alone and that's how I like it.

Björki
01-31-2005, 06:34 AM
I missed it too :eek:

novanora
01-31-2005, 08:24 AM
The Bitch Parade stays in business 24/7. I was told that I was trying too hard to be a bitch (imagine that, coming from the intellectually challenged one). Since when did I ever have to try too hard at what I do naturally? Why do other wannabe divas come on here and can't fuckin' spell, try to be a bitch? Why? I hate bitches who can't be a bitch, try to be a bitch and end up sounding like a fake wannabe. What gives here? I'm changing my sig again.
Cool~~, sig :lol::yeah:
i am sure if you were born in ancient Rome, you will be a great fighter ;)
We need this spirit :p

novanora
01-31-2005, 08:41 AM
I missed it too :eek:
me too, but i choose to ignore her, i think she dislike me too. ;)

niko
01-31-2005, 10:15 AM
Azerbaijan is a former republic of USSR at the Caspian Sea, borders with Turkey, Armenia,Georgia and Iran. It's populated by Azeris and the language is very close to turkish. Lifestyle- the best to discribe, you have to see "Midnight Express". Corruption is a way of life. You can buy anybody. President is addicted gambler.

Iza
01-31-2005, 10:20 AM
:eek: sounds a bit like Romania

novanora
01-31-2005, 10:25 AM
:eek: sounds a bit like Romania
lifestyle?

taysbest
01-31-2005, 12:53 PM

:lol:

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 04:15 PM
OK, I'm back. Give me a hug. It's women's day here.....

*Ljubica*
01-31-2005, 05:16 PM
OK, I'm back. Give me a hug. It's women's day here.....

Never heard of Womens' Day - but here's a big :hug: for you anyway.

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Happy Women's day! :)

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Never heard of Womens' Day - but here's a big :hug: for you anyway.

Women's day is...my term for....uh, there are men here, so I won't get into great detail..... :o

*Ljubica*
01-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Women's day is...my term for....uh, there are men here, so I won't get into great detail..... :o

:haha: Ah - and there was me thinking it was some US National Holiday that we didnt know about :haha: So in that case, even more of a :hug: is needed - I celebrated my own Womens' Day on Saturday so it's still Womens' Week here ;) and you have my sympathy!!!

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 06:26 PM
:haha: Ah - and there was me thinking it was some US National Holiday that we didnt know about :haha: So in that case, even more of a :hug: is needed - I celebrated my own Womens' Day on Saturday so it's still Womens' Week here ;) and you have my sympathy!!!

Hopefully, it's over by Wed.; otherwise, I'll tear down the walls in my house. :devil:

*Ljubica*
01-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Hopefully, it's over by Wed.; otherwise, I'll tear down the walls in my house. :devil:

:devil:

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 06:39 PM
After having eaten two Reese's cup laden with sugar, now I'm eating Lay's potato chips with a bunch of salt. What next, a soft drink with caffeine to the max? 'Fraid so.

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 06:41 PM
God, I know what you're going through. I've eaten everything at sight over the week.end, and I'm hoping this to end soon! :hug:

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 06:43 PM
It's been so hot here lately, over 30°C and today we woke up with just 10°C :eek: I'm soooo cold, I have a sore throat, and I really hope that the tempreature rises, at least next friday cause I'm going to Cordoba for a week or so, and I wanna sunbathe!

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 06:45 PM
God, I know what you're going through. I've eaten everything at sight over the week.end, and I'm hoping this to end soon! :hug:

Well, in that case, let's celebrate Women's Day right now!!!! :devil:

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 06:50 PM
I think there is a Women's Day...The 1st of April or March...I'm not sure...

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I think there is a Women's Day...The 1st of April or March...I'm not sure...

Today is my roughest day of the lot. I'm eating like a butcher's dog and there's no relief in sight.
Can we make a thread about this? It would be tremendous fun.

sophia_c
01-31-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey stop eating Sigma...you'll regret it later on in the week....

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey stop eating Sigma...you'll regret it later on in the week....

I regret it right now. When my "whore-mones" get back to normal, then I'll be ok.

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Today is my roughest day of the lot. I'm eating like a butcher's dog and there's no relief in sight.
Can we make a thread about this? It would be tremendous fun.
I started a diet today, because I've been eating like crazy! Especially yesterday, and now with this temperature I feel like eating even more. This is sooooo unfair!

sophia_c
01-31-2005, 07:12 PM
I do think its a very nice idea to celebrate women's day...we do go through a lot :mad:

sophia_c
01-31-2005, 07:13 PM
I started a diet today, because I've been eating like crazy! Especially yesterday, and now with this temperature I feel like eating even more. This is sooooo unfair!

Is it really that cold in BA Jazz?.....

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 07:14 PM
I do think its a very nice idea to celebrate women's day...we do go through a lot :mad:

I will start a thread about it soon. The women's chat thread called "The Rag". How's that for a thread?

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Is it really that cold in BA Jazz?.....
It was just a few hours ago. There was a lot of rain, and a lot of problems with the traffic, but it's much better now...

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
It was just a few hours ago. There was a lot of rain, and a lot of problems with the traffic, but it's much better now...

It's cold here. Perfect weather for drinking some hot tea.

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
I already had tea, but I drank it in the morning without eating anything first and I didn't enjoy it at all! I'd love to have a capuccino now...

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
I already had tea, but I drank it in the morning without eating anything first and I didn't enjoy it at all! I'd love to have a capuccino now...

Sounds good. That and a whole box of chocolates. :devil:

sophia_c
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Well Ladies....I am a lucky person because I have a male housemate and he is very domesticated...well partly due to my expert training....only thing is he is Australian...but I forgive him for that.....anyway...he has just made me tea and lemon pie!!! he is so sweet!!!

jazz_girl
01-31-2005, 07:43 PM
I love lemon pie!!! Sophia, you're sooo lucky!

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Well Ladies....I am a lucky person because I have a male housemate and he is very domesticated...well partly due to my expert training....only thing is he is Australian...but I forgive him for that.....anyway...he has just made me tea and lemon pie!!! he is so sweet!!!

You have a helluva man. I can't find one of those around here-unless they're looking for some honey later on. Later for that-or at least until the end of women's week. :o

*Ljubica*
01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
I will start a thread about it soon. The women's chat thread called "The Rag". How's that for a thread?

Sounds good to me :yeah: I'm past the eating day now though - just feel a bit tired and :sobbing: if you know what I mean. Saturday was my eating day - so many chocolate biscuits I'm not quite sure how I managed to eat them all now :)

Hey - do you think all the other Forums will follow our example and have a "Rag" too like they did with "Where do I come from"?

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Sounds good to me :yeah: I'm past the eating day now though - just feel a bit tired and :sobbing: if you know what I mean. Saturday was my eating day - so many chocolate biscuits I'm not quite sure how I managed to eat them all now :)

Hey - do you think all the other Forums will follow our example and have a "Rag" too like they did with "Where do I come from"?

Yeah. They'll probably call theirs something obvious like "Cramps".

sophia_c
01-31-2005, 08:01 PM
You have a helluva man. I can't find one of those around here-unless they're looking for some honey later on. Later for that-or at least until the end of women's week. :o

Well Sigma, we have certain house rules.....so he knows the score... :)

sigmagirl91
01-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Well Sigma, we have certain house rules.....so he knows the score... :)

Yeah....she's got her man in line. Go girl... :devil:
Anyway, I have the thread started.... :devil:

taysbest
01-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah....she's got her man in line. Go girl... :devil:
Anyway, I have the thread started.... :devil:

I love it when men know their places! Good job Sophia!

-ernie-
02-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Has anyone seen the movie Porky;s? Omg it is sooo funny! Lol it came out a long time ago i think.

jazz_girl
02-01-2005, 01:56 AM
I don't remember seeing it...

sigmagirl91
02-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Has anyone seen the movie Porky;s? Omg it is sooo funny! Lol it came out a long time ago i think.

Back in the 80s. I remember. Decadent movie, that was.

-ernie-
02-01-2005, 03:54 AM
I just got done playing tennis, i have to start playing hard again cuz i have a big tournament comeing up in 2 weeks. I beat this guy 6-3 6-0 :)

Leonandy
02-01-2005, 04:02 AM
I just got done playing tennis, i have to start playing hard again cuz i have a big tournament comeing up in 2 weeks. I beat this guy 6-3 6-0 :)
Good Job and good luck!!!

Leonandy
02-01-2005, 04:05 AM
It's Batistuta's birthday tomorrow.
He's birthday is Feb 1st.I know in some part of the world It is already Feb 1st.
Anyway,just want to say Happy Birthday to one of my favourite soccer players,Gabriel Omar Batistuta!
¡Feliz Cumpleaños!
http://www.soccer-gallery.net/posters/batistuta.jpg

sigmagirl91
02-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Cool!!!!

-ernie-
02-01-2005, 04:25 AM
He's birthday is Feb 1st.I know in some part of the world It is already Feb 1st.
Anyway,just want to say Happy Birthday to one of my favourite soccer players,Gabriel Omar Batistuta!
¡Feliz Cumpleaños!
cool, i dont follow soccer do i dont have a clue who he is tho :secret:

Fedex
02-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Sounds like a good beating you gave that guy, and congrats.

Fedex
02-01-2005, 05:23 AM
Back in the 80s. I remember. Decadent movie, that was.
Oh, yes. :haha: :lol: Those were great; "Porkey's Revenge" was especially good.

Fedex
02-01-2005, 05:27 AM
It's cold here. Perfect weather for drinking some hot tea.
I prefer coffee or hot chocolate, but thats just me. Lemon Ice tea is good. ;)

*Ljubica*
02-01-2005, 06:21 AM
¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

Happy Birthday Gabriel :)

sophia_c
02-01-2005, 07:44 AM

Well I don't know you ernie...but well done!!!! :)

jazz_girl
02-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Good luck in your next tournament ernie :)

taysbest
02-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Good Luck Ernie- hope you do well. I wish it was warm enough here to play tennis! :D

*Ljubica*
02-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes - good luck Ernie :)

sigmagirl91
02-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Good luck, ernie. Kick ass.

bovenbuuf
02-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Well Sigma, we have certain house rules.....so he knows the score... :)Well that Aussie really sound sweet Soph.
And the lemon pie sounded really nice.

novanora
02-01-2005, 04:49 PM
good bagel, ernie.
and good luck to the big tourney :D

bovenbuuf
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
and good luck Ernie. Hope you can do well!

-ernie-
02-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the luck guys...girls...:D :wavey:

sigmagirl91
02-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Women's week is almost over for me. Yea......:bigclap:

jazz_girl
02-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Congratulations! :yeah:

sigmagirl91
02-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Congratulations! :yeah:

Thanks.

jazz_girl
02-02-2005, 02:27 PM
I went to my tennis class and it was great! My drive and backhand worked great and I am finally improving my serve! :)

sigmagirl91
02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I went to my tennis class and it was great! My drive and backhand worked great and I am finally improving my serve! :)

:bigclap: :bigclap:

*Ljubica*
02-02-2005, 02:50 PM

So when do you start playing mixed doubles with David? :)

jazz_girl
02-02-2005, 02:51 PM
LOL! I'm waiting for him to call me, I'm ready! :)

sigmagirl91
02-02-2005, 03:07 PM
LOL! I'm waiting for him to call me, I'm ready! :)

He won't call; he'll be there in the flesh.

jazz_girl
02-02-2005, 03:09 PM
LOL

taysbest
02-02-2005, 05:21 PM
You and David could wear matching outfits!!

Glad you are improving! I'm forever working on my serve.

jazz_girl
02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Matching outfits? :haha: I don't think I'd like it.
And my serve is not great, but I'm glad I'm improving it :)

*Ljubica*
02-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Matching outfits? :haha: I don't think I'd like it.
And my serve is not great, but I'm glad I'm improving it :)

Jazz - you would look much better in yellow or orange than David does :)

jazz_girl
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
LOL! You're too kind!

sigmagirl91
02-02-2005, 09:02 PM
You and David could wear matching outfits!!

Glad you are improving! I'm forever working on my serve.

I need to work on the whole thing-the serve, the volley, all of it. And jazz....you would look smashing in orange and yellow. David looks like a damned lollipop in that mess.

jazz_girl
02-02-2005, 10:03 PM
David's color choices are not too good, I'd rather have a different outfit ;)

sophia_c
02-02-2005, 10:13 PM
David's color choices are not too good, I'd rather have a different outfit ;)

Hi Jazz, I think you are right.....light blue is the colour for both of you in your new mixed doubles partnership.... :)

btw.....I have just got home from a 14 hour day today.....and I will have the same tomorrow...then the government inspection next week....I'm exausted but luckily I live with an angel and he has gone to get take out.....lucky too we work in the same school....

-ernie-
02-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Awesome! :D By the way Daniela Hantuchova won her first round match in the Toray Pan Pacific Open! :D She plays Maria Kirilenko tonihgt.

-ernie-
02-03-2005, 05:01 AM
There was just a GREAT interview on the Tennis channel with David. He looked great and happy and it was great to see him! It was really long about 30 mins so it would take a while to sum it all up just ask if u wnat. :D

*Ljubica*
02-03-2005, 06:09 AM
There was just a GREAT interview on the Tennis channel with David. He looked great and happy and it was great to see him! It was really long about 30 mins so it would take a while to sum it all up just ask if u wnat. :D

Thanks ernie. If it's the same interview that was shown a couple of months ago - then Khyber has already written a report of it - I think the thread he started is called "David's Interview on Tennis Channel". Unfortunately, very few of us here have seen it :sad: as the Tennis Channel is only available in the States, - and even then not in all areas I believe. Thanks for the offer anyway.

And completely off-topic :topic: really pleased that both Gaston and Agustin Calleri won their respective matches in Vina last night - VAMOS CHICOS!

taysbest
02-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Vamos Gaston! sorry- I had to do that :)

UGH!!the Tennis Channel, I can't believe how few people can get it here! I'm in a big city and you would think I could get it but no! Comcast is evil. They are what is wrong with the world.

Ernie- you are so lucky to get The Tennis Channel!

*Ljubica*
02-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Vamos Gaston! sorry- I had to do that :)

UGH!!the Tennis Channel, I can't believe how few people can get it here! I'm in a big city and you would think I could get it but no! Comcast is evil. They are what is wrong with the world.

Ernie- you are so lucky to get The Tennis Channel!

It's cool - we're nice people here - so you're allowed a "Vamos Gaston" :angel:

taysbest
02-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Thank you!! :)

novanora
02-03-2005, 02:03 PM
great, jazz :D i don't have a coach. My friends and me only play tennis for fun. My forehand is ok, but backhand is much poorer. I always think backhand is more difficult to play than forehand. And about volley, i even don't want to try it. My sense at net is rather poor :p

jazz_girl
02-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Well, I've always felt more confortable with backhand than with my drive, but now my forehand has improved a lot and I'm as confortable :)

novanora
02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Awesome! :D By the way Daniela Hantuchova won her first round match in the Toray Pan Pacific Open! :D She plays Maria Kirilenko tonihgt.
nice, ernie! good luck to Daniela in later rounds!! she is one of my fav female players! :yeah:

novanora
02-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, I've always felt more confortable with backhand than with my drive, but now my forehand has improved a lot and I'm as confortable :)
:yeah: jazz
my backhand is really poor, can only for defending and can't play any angle at all :o . but glad my forehand is much powerful and attacking. So for many times, i just avoid playing my backhand, coz it's my big weakness. :p

jazz_girl
02-03-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm sure with some practise you'll be able to improve it! :yeah: Is it one or two-handed backhand?
I was shocked to see the angles I could hit yesterday with my forehand! I even left my coach stood up a few times LOL! It was good day, I have one of those every now and then ;)

novanora
02-03-2005, 02:27 PM
my backhand is double-handed. i lack power, so one-handed is too difficult for me to play it!!!! i tried one-hand backhand before, but only for once time, i gave up!! Thanks jazz, i will practise it more :D

and how do you improve your serving? seems not a easy way to find.

jazz_girl
02-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Well, my problem is with my backhand with slice, it's sooooo bad! I only use it when is 100% necessary LOL
And I have no idea how I'm improving my service. Actually my main problem is the ball toss, and I was watching some Clerc tips on tv and they actually kind of worked :lol:

novanora
02-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, my problem is with my backhand with slice, it's sooooo bad! I only use it when is 100% necessary LOL
And I have no idea how I'm improving my service. Actually my main problem is the ball toss, and I was watching some Clerc tips on tv and they actually kind of worked :lol:
i can't slice at all :o all my backhand is only for defend poorly :rolleyes: damn backhand, why it's so terrible for me!! :mad: :mad:

As to the ball toss, yeah, it's really important, especially for those who play tennis not very long time. i watch the tennis teaching video and books too :lol: it does some work, but not big to me :p

Elwing
02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
oh my backhand and my forehand work perfectly for me, i can even use the slice nicely the problem is when i play drops cuz the remote control falls to the floor... :retard: i don't play tennis out of the lack of partner can you belive it???!! thank god ATP is coming this weekend!!!!

Does Clerc's tv show really work?? I never liked Clerc but it seems to be a good coach then... :)

sorry for this interrumption! i'm just bored at work!!

jazz_girl
02-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Clerc's show is still on, but he's sooooooo awful! LOL

-ernie-
02-03-2005, 08:50 PM
After I hid 22 in the nation my game has been detoriating, i just last in the first round in a tournament i was seeded 5th in, with a draw of 64 :o Too mayn errors My ranking is now in the 30s i think. Oh well, glad to hear everyones tennis is coming along well :wavey:

RogiFan88
02-03-2005, 09:18 PM
nalby on the atpshow now online tw1.at liveprogramm...

RogiFan88
02-03-2005, 09:19 PM
oops, now horna...

sophia_c
02-03-2005, 09:25 PM
After I hid 22 in the nation my game has been detoriating, i just last in the first round in a tournament i was seeded 5th in, with a draw of 64 :o Too mayn errors My ranking is now in the 30s i think. Oh well, glad to hear everyones tennis is coming along well :wavey:

So how old are you ernie? I played the junior circuit and my sister plays it now...I just spent most of the time injured.... :sad: but I had a blast and still play...I love it...

-ernie-
02-03-2005, 09:53 PM
So how old are you ernie? I played the junior circuit and my sister plays it now...I just spent most of the time injured.... :sad: but I had a blast and still play...I love it...
Im 14, stlil have another year in this division untill im 15 then i start in sixteens, sadly when i do age up my ranking well jump a couple hundred rankings back

Choupi
02-04-2005, 10:09 AM
This is a msg for Rosie...well I don't know exactly when you're leaving for Marseille but I figure out it should be soon. Have a safe trip there, enjoy your time in France- too sad we can't actually meet...and watch out who you meet in Marseille. Some guys there may be unrecommandable! ;)