PAW board [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

PAW board

robuś
01-02-2008, 04:25 PM
You can sign up to member of PAW board.
All volunteers - please declare, you can suggest other people as well :)

Main tasks and rules of PAW board (unofficial):
1. looking after the managers' crew of the tournaments and if possible personal management too
2. updating rankings
3. posting and updating commitments table
4. updating wildcards table
5. updating "History Of Number #1 Players"
6. other

7. members should know the Rules and Supplement of PAW really well
8. the membership is obligatory minimum up to the end of PAW season
9. the intent of resignation from the Board should be reported adequately earlier, to find a substitute
10. in controversial cases of the PAW the Board decides

__EDITED_________________________________

Current members of the board:

Cervantes
Frooty_Bazooty
greatkingrat
hallso
maldini
ntorcida
robuś
Rik.
Caio_Brasil

maldini
01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
robus of course :p

and VaiBrasil :yeah:

then hallso, Strangelove etc. to bring up some names ;)

robuś
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I suggest: VaiBrasil, maldini,
and Frooty Bazooty to updating "History Of Number #1 Players" :)

robuś
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
and Cervantes of course
if you have time .....

maldini
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
greatkingrat might be an option as well

Caio_Brasil
01-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I totally can take part :)

Caio_Brasil
01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
maldini (although I think he will have military service :shrug:)
Strabgelove
greatkingrat
hallso

Frooty_Bazooty
01-03-2008, 12:46 PM
I suggest: VaiBrasil, maldini,
and Frooty Bazooty to updating "History Of Number #1 Players" :)

yep no problemo :hatoff:

greatkingrat
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I would be happy to be a member as well.

hallso
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
as usual I will be able to manage few-several tournament this year
robus, I can also somehow share commitment list, if you are interested contact me via PM

hallso
01-05-2008, 05:22 PM
who would be so kind to help me updating commitments table?
volunteers please contact me bye PM, I will tell you the details

ntorcida
01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
This year most probable I will not be able to manage any tournament because of my job :sad: so I can help with some "little" things if you need. If anyone needs me- just contact me by PM and I will help ;)

:wavey:

robuś
01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
There has been created universal account for the members of Board. The members will be able to update all threads written by Board.
More information will be given on PM. :wavey:

Cervantes
greatkingrat
hallso
maldini
ntorcida
robuś
VaiBrasil

maldini
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I have to do military service from March to August and will only be here on weekends (but then probably not hanging around MTF all the time :p)
but before and after that, I'm available if needed ;)

:wavey:

Strangelove
01-07-2008, 01:55 PM
My allegiance to PAW is a bit off an on. Meaning I sometimes like to play. And sometimes I don't :p
And I'm not sure if I know the rules well enough :lol:
So don't know if I'd make a good board-member. I could run a tournament here and thee though...
I also have tables for 13, 16, 26 picks, but I believe those are already availiable for d'load.

robuś
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
The members will be able to update all threads written by Board.
All updated files I suggest to save (upload) -> here (http://www.drivehq.com/file/showfolderframe.aspx).
Everyone anytime will be able to download files, update and upload again.

More infos on PM :)

hallso
02-11-2008, 06:33 PM
what do we do with Netin!'s case?
more here: link (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=112017&page=6)
I'd let him play now and tell that the next time will cause ban longer that 1 month or even permanent

greatkingrat
02-11-2008, 07:15 PM
more here: link (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=112017&page=6)
I'd let him play now and tell that the next time will cause ban longer that 1 month or even permanent

I agree. As it is his first tournament I think a warning is sufficient.

Rik.
02-11-2008, 07:16 PM

I agree with this too ;)

Caio_Brasil
02-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm not that certain... in the managers thread he said he edited once; I checked the thread and actually he edited twice.

Also, as robus said, he edited when the session had started in 2 hours. Even playing his first tournamet, he must know that this is cheating. 2 hours is almost the duration of a whole match... :rolleyes:

robuś
02-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Frooty_Bazooty PMs me:

I think he should be banned for one month as suggested. If we make exceptions of the rules because someone says they didn't understand and then put in a few sad face emoticons, it undermines the rules.

I know that it's making an example of him, but it's only a month anyway so it's not that serious. If we do nothing though, we could find a lot more people 'stop understanding'

Anyway, thats just my opinion,

Tomás :wavey:

Netin!
02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not that certain... in the managers thread he said he edited once; I checked the thread and actually he edited twice.

Also, as robus said, he edited when the session had started in 2 hours. Even playing his first tournamet, he must know that this is cheating. 2 hours is almost the duration of a whole match... :rolleyes:

2 hours after started of session day and not of the match that o changed. I didnt knew about rules. If I had know, I had put SupPaw when I put after :wavey:

Caio_Brasil
02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
What was decided?

robuś
02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure
2 members vote for banning and 2 (+ tennis2006) against :shrug:

I'd let him play, but as Frooty said if we do nothing though, we could find a lot more people 'stop understanding',
so I don't really know what we should decided ...

ok
I suggest as following:
Netin! gets the last warning, and next time will cause permbanning from playing PAW.
He can play Brasil Open then :angel:

Caio_Brasil
02-12-2008, 10:47 AM
ok :yeah: :)

maldini
02-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I'm ok with that :shrug:

Renaud
02-14-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6575581&postcount=121

He really sucks.

Netin!
02-14-2008, 09:43 PM

He really sucks.

Sorry Renaudb...
I am learning this rules...
Never edit post :(

robuś
02-14-2008, 09:52 PM

He really sucks.
fucking great, you were right about him Frooty

Renaud
02-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Sorry Renaudb...
I am learning this rules...
Never edit post :(

More than 200 members has played paw yet (don't know the exact number it may be much more), and i don't think anybody made this mistake 3 times ...
Robus will confirm....
I'm going to edit my paw 25 in the AO thread and replace it by Tsonga def Nadal.
See you. :wavey:

TankingTheSet
02-14-2008, 11:05 PM
I think Netin! is pretty stupid, but I don't think the Costo da Sauipe edit was malicious. I think the original post with the pick was edited within a minute after it was posted (so it doesn't show as edited), long before the matches started, and then he posted another message saying he edited the message, and three hours later he edited that message. So in this case he didn't cheat, but he did make himself look stupid and suspect.

Netin!
02-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I think Netin! is pretty stupid, but I don't think the Costo da Sauipe edit was malicious. I think the original post with the pick was edited within a minute after it was posted (so it doesn't show as edited), long before the matches started, and then he posted another message saying he edited the message, and three hours later he edited that message. So in this case he didn't cheat, but he did make himself look stupid and suspect.

I am very stupid... I agree with you
I will go more atencious

Renaud
02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I still hope Sheva or someonelse will win the tournament.

robuś
02-15-2008, 04:35 PM
... and then he posted another message saying he edited the message ...

How do you know? Have you got a copy of the oryginal post before it was changed?
If not there is nothing to talk about, and it's rather pointless to speculate what could have been written in the original post.

greatkingrat
02-15-2008, 10:25 PM
As Netin seems unable to follow simple rules I now think he should be given a ban from PAW. Maybe he can have some time to read the rules while he is banned.

sdtoot
04-16-2008, 12:16 AM
To paw board members,

I am currently managing PAW Estoril and it has come to my attention this evening that there appears (in my opinion) to be blatant copying of one players' PAW picks by another player. If you check through the PAW Estoril thread, you will see that VaiBrasil has so far made 10 PAW picks. One other player with the nickname 'canas' has seemingly copied every one of VaiBrasil's PAWs shortly after they have been posted. The text contained in the posts by canas is also identical which infers that he/she is simply copying and pasting VaiBrasils PAW picks.

As it stands at the moment, both players have obviously scored identical points and if this copying continues, then both players could be tied for position at the end of the tournament. I would appreciate the opinions of the paw board members in this matter.

Thanks
sdtoot

TankingTheSet
04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
It's clearly unethical behaviour that should not be condoned. But I think there's nothing specific in the rules about this issue. So I'm not sure what should be the correct way to act, either (1) a big warning, (2) a disqualification for this tournament, or (3) a ban.

Caio_Brasil
04-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh come on, this is getting ridiculous

This guy copied my first 10 picks in Estoril. Because of that I had to make a pick when he wasn't online just not to finish tied with the same picks :rolleyes:

Now the Monte Carlo Masters will begin and the guy already copied my first pick, with the same type of letter than I write.

It's pretty clear he is copying me, please give a permanent ban to this cheater, otherwise he will keep doing it (with me or other players) and ruin PAW.

Here's a little resume of this shameless situation: (Brasil time)

ESTORIL

4-12, 9:05 PM
PAW01: Gil d. Mahut
PAW02: Elias d. Berrer
PAW03: Machado d. Karlovic
PAW04: Melzer d. Davydenko

4-13, 2:46 PM
PAW01: Gil d. Mahut
PAW02: Elias d. Berrer
PAW03: Machado d. Karlovic
PAW04: Melzer d. Davydenko

4-14, 3:46 PM
PAW05: Sousa d. Marach
PAW06: Naso d. Serra

4-14, 6:58 PM
PAW05: Sousa d. Marach
PAW06: Naso d. Serra

4-15, 4:14 PM
PAW07: Machado d. Serra
PAW08: Vanek d. Berrer
PAW09: Sousa d. Gil

4-15, 4:58 PM
PAW07: Machado d. Serra
PAW08: Vanek d. Berrer
PAW09: Sousa d. Gil

4-15, 7:50 PM
PAW10: Gabashvili d. Gremelmayr

4-15, 8:20 PM
PAW10: Gabashvili d. Gremelmayr

4-16, 6:57 AM - finally uncopied :eek:
PAW11: Gicquel d. Ascione

4-16, 10:06 AM - look at the letter font; in the previous 10 picks he posted exactly like me, and now that he wasn't able to copy my PAW11 he changed the way of typing :rolleyes:
paw11: Minar over Davydenko

After that, he had to make different picks from mine, and in all of them he wrote in another style than the one I do, the style that he copied troughout 10 picks!

Well, I thought this would be over now :shrug: but noooooo

MONTE CARLO

Today (4-19), 3:06 PM
PAW01: Soderling d. Stepanek

Today (4-19), 5:24 PM
PAW01: Soderling d. Stepanek

Amazing :) He suddenly started to write exactly like me :worship:

Seriously, this guy shouldn't be allowed to play PAW again. I'm saying this as someone who really like this game.

Rik.
04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
:tape:

Action Jackson
04-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I mean yes you are going to get some people waiting for your selections and I know some of my picks have been bandwgoned.

This is just a joke what has happened to Vai Brasil. I have never had that happen, where every single selection was copied word for word.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/GWH2/originals_bullshit1_ranndino.jpg

TankingTheSet
04-19-2008, 08:57 PM
I agree, this is ridiculous. I've sent robus a PM to see what he thinks, a decision should be made soon.

robuś
04-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I think there's nothing specific in the rules about this issue.
That's right we haven't had such a case before.
And this isn't so easy as it looks. Theoretically canas could have wanted to post the same picks as Caio. I know it looks differently in this case and probably is. There are always clever ways to get rid of such an intruder by the harmed one, e.g.:
- posting a pick just a few minutes before the match
- posting a "deceiving" pick and changing it later
Of course I know it doesn't solve the problem.
Therefore it is necessary to add appropriate rules.

10.3. Don't copy pick(s) from another player(s)!
If the manager recognizes, that Your picks were copied from another player, You will get warning, if Your picks are still "suspicious" You will be disqualified from the current tournament, in case of another attempts of cheating You will be banned.

What do you think?
Has canas got any warning yet?

sdtoot
04-20-2008, 02:07 PM
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I only became aware that he seemed to be copying VaiBrasils picks after PAW10. I then immediately PM'd VaiBrasil to ask had he noticed and he had already sent a PM to canas asking why he was copying his picks. Strangely after PAW10 he suddenly changed his writing style and as manager I made a reference to this change of writing style on the PAW Estoril thread (just to let him know he was being watched).

At this moment in time, canas is currently in 5th position at PAW Estoril and he has been given no warning about his actions. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw his first pick at PAW Monte Carlo (identical to VaiBrasils only pick).

Please let me know as soon as possible what action I should take against canas for PAW Estoril.

Thanks
sdtoot

robuś
04-20-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=6910744#post6910744

thank you sdtoot :wavey:

robuś
05-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Can someone do the commitments for June please?

Yves.
05-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes!

robuś
06-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Can someone do the commitments for July please?

Drikke
07-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Could somebody please update the Cincinnati entry list. He's not updated yet.
Thanks

robuś
07-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Could somebody please update the Cincinnati entry list. He's not updated yet.
Thanks
and updated file please upload to www.drivehq.com (http://www.drivehq.com/file/showfolderframe.aspx) (as I suggested) ...

robuś
09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Can someone do the commitments for October please?
And what about management for next tournaments?

Caio_Brasil
09-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Sorry, but this end of year I can't manage any tournament neither help with the commitments as I used to do last year and until the middle of this year.

robuś
11-12-2008, 08:36 PM
I suggest to replace Cervantes and Rik. with sdtoot and -Evita-
thank you

Cervantes
Frooty_Bazooty
greatkingrat
hallso
maldini
ntorcida
robuś
Rik.
Caio_Brasil

Board 2009

Caio_Brasil
-Evita-
Frooty_Bazooty
greatkingrat
hallso
maldini
ntorcida
robuś
sdtoot

Yves.
11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
The Federer of PAW out of the board! :eek:

robuś
11-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Yes, but it doesn't mean anything. Cervantes hasn't got much time for PAW lately.

Yves.
11-13-2008, 06:46 AM
I know.

Yves.
11-13-2008, 06:46 AM
But, will he do an update of 2008 tourney winners?

sdtoot
11-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I suggest to replace Cervantes and Rik. with sdtoot and -Evita-
thank you

Cervantes
Frooty_Bazooty
greatkingrat
hallso
maldini
ntorcida
robuś
Rik.
Caio_Brasil

Board 2009

Caio_Brasil
-Evita-
Frooty_Bazooty
greatkingrat
hallso
maldini
ntorcida
robuś
sdtoot

Yes I would be very happy to be a member of the PAW Board. I will definately be helping out with PAW management duties again next year.

sdtoot :wavey:

Yves.
11-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Commitment thread?

-Evita-
11-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I just saw my name here and I can tell you I'd be happy to be on the board in 2009. Although I've been a player for a year now I didn't start managing until recently. Is there a system among the board members to decide who does what or does it all happen on a "who has some free time at the moment" basis?

hallso
11-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I think we should discuss next year PAW's season and managers case.
Everybody knows, that there is problem. Let's find some solution before next season.
Any suggestions?

I got one, but even I don't like it very much, so maybe we can find any better.
Something like: "to play in paw tournament you have to manage at least one during last 2 years"

Yves.
11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
If I remember correctly, I'm banned from managing PAW right?

sdtoot
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
If I remember correctly, I'm banned from managing PAW right?

Yes ;)

sdtoot
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I think we should discuss next year PAW's season and managers case.
Everybody knows, that there is problem. Let's find some solution before next season.
Any suggestions?

I got one, but even I don't like it very much, so maybe we can find any better.
Something like: "to play in paw tournament you have to manage at least one during last 2 years"

Maybe if we introduced some kind of incentive to manage a PAW tournament, it could possibly encourage more players to manage. i.e. for every tournament that you manage you could be given a 'joker' to play at another PAW tournament which gives you double points for one pre-selected PAW pick or maybe a PAW manager could be given one extra PAW pick to play at another PAW tournament. :shrug: Would it a problem to reward the managers for their hard work?

It sounds a bit radical but we need to do something to get more PAW managers on board for next year. I for one would like to run much less tournaments next year if at all possible.

hallso
11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I also thought about substitution for mandatory tournaments by smaller one
but still, it is too big interference imo :shrug:

maybe some virtual cash for managers? :lol: but we need to 'pay' for playing or find sponsors

NyGeL
11-15-2009, 08:57 PM
I like the "joker" rule.

Caio_Brasil
11-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Actually it's terrible that we need to create crazy ideas to bring managers to the game.

We have been posting that big message alerting about the lack of managers for one semester at least in every post of every tournament and little has changed in the end of this year (the usual suspects managed the tournaments and only a few exceptions volunteered). If the "PAW will die if you don't help" sentence didn't make any impact, that's because that's what will happen, sadly.

In my opinion we shouldn't reward the managers. We must try to convince people the game will really die and this way we will see if PAW is strong enough to survive. Otherwise we would have to play one tournament per week (something and really wouldn't like) or even playing just the big tournaments (Masters 1000 + Grand Slams).

Hopefully we will figure out a way of bringing new managers to the game in the off-season, but exclusevely through messages and words power.

Sorry for being so repetitive :lol: