New Posting by Guille [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Posting by Guille

boliviana
06-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Even though he lost today in England, he is still trying . . .

Guille wrote: "I watched the match again and I felt pleased"

"It is in this moments when you realize who loves you for real and who doesn't", Guille said in his e-mail.

"Hello everybody!!!"

"I hope you excuse me for not having written before, but the truth is that I'm still sad because I missed the title at Roland Garros... Anyway, you deserve that I write to you, above all because of all the e-mails I got...Honestly, I really appreciate it!".

"As regards what happened on Sunday, it was something new to me. It's never happened to me before... I kept thinking that winning at Roland Garros was right there and that really backfired".

"I watched the match again and I felt pleased because I played the best tennis I could. I couldn't believe what I was able to achieve during the fifth set beacuse I was totally torn due to the muscular spams and I endured it. Undoubtfully, it will be very useful for my future. I'll work on it so it would never happen to me again".

"The weariness was so important that my body still hurts. I played for a while today and I was very hard for me, so I hope I can adapt quickly to Queen's grass and win in my debut. I will be hard, but I will fight back".

"I repeat, I'm sad but I'm calmed because I did everything I could to win. I was just a point away and I took the risk, but I missed...I felt it slipping away!!!! Anyway, I know that next time I won't give way...".

"I've had a lot of time to think and I feel that it happened for a reason. The tournament wasn't meant for me, but I will keep training hard as usual to come back next year and let all my anger out".

"I wish I could let it all out sooner honestly, because there still are many important tournaments left. I will continue with the same strenght I always had, but I want to win Roland Garros more than ever!!!".

"Some people were asking about my confidence...I'm fine today, I didn't forget how to play tennis or anythiong of the sort: Be relaxed, I trust in me as always".

"All the people that surround me have a lot to do with that. It is in those moments when you realize who loves you for real....Losing the final was also good to "separate the wheat from the chaff"".

"As regards whether I will or won't incorporate a psychologist in my work team, it will very hard to analyze since it has never been released. I haven't thought much about it. Currently, I'm trying to start working with somebody that is not a trainer, some kind of a partner...I can't tell you the name yet, I wll only tell you that rumors are not wrong".

"Once again, I want to thank everybody because of all the e-mail you sent me....my friends from Venado Tuerto and Rosario, the parents of some of them, you, everyone...".

"I know that I will surprise you with a huge joy. Anyhow, life gives and takes...This time I had to lose, but I will never forget what I have achieved so far. And I won't submit because that's the way tennis is".

"Well, send you a big hug...".

Guille

Washa Koroleva
06-09-2004, 05:58 PM
I read that too. He's the most incredible person on earth! Wow...
It's nice to know that he cares so much about us :)

Fostin
06-09-2004, 06:04 PM
wow that was amazing! :)

-wokkel-
06-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Guille :worship:

boliviana
06-09-2004, 06:16 PM
His head seems to be in a much better place than before. The postings he put up during Hamburg were really weird in my opinion. He is playing too many head games with himself and it takes away his concentration from his game. Sunday was criminal and he did it to himself. It's amazing that the mind can so cripple you physically.

Tennis has some big problems though. Everyone complains about the schedule and the drug-testing is out of control. Agassi won't take vitamins either. It's bizarre and they need to stand together and find better ways. It's a shame Safin (who I love despite his insanity) is the only one who makes any noise. I think he is dismissed as nuts but he makes very valid points about the state of the game.

have a great day :wavey:

Washa Koroleva
06-09-2004, 09:35 PM
was his mail in english or translated from spanish?
I think his English is incredible then! I love what he says there like Life gives and takes...
He's intelligent, I guess :) did he finish high school? :confused:

boliviana
06-09-2004, 09:50 PM
This was in English on his site but his English (as I understand it) is very limited. The style was very different too than some of his other postings but I agree that his sentiment is really pure and sincere. That's why Sunday was so dreadful to watch. I wouldn't be surpised if he didn't graduate from high school. He was never home. He lived in Florida and then was on the road. When could he have gone to school but I am just speculating. Clearly he is really bright. He has to be to play the kind of game he does . . .

rue
06-09-2004, 10:16 PM
It is really nice to hear from him especially after his loss on Sunday and being honest about how he feels as of now. He will be fine and things will fall into place when the right time comes at Roland Garros. Let us hope that will be next year.

Guille's Girl
06-09-2004, 10:22 PM
He types in Spanish and the folks who keep up with the site translate it. The english site isn't updated as fast as the Spanish version cuz of all the translating that has to be done.

What state are you in boliviana?

Ma. Estefania
06-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanx for posting that :)

I'm glad that apparently he is feeling ok, not thinking that much about the final and all what happened. That's good. He must not stay thinking in the past.

I really admire him.....that kind of positive attitude only have them the great ones, and of course, he is one of them. :worship:

Washa Koroleva
06-09-2004, 10:27 PM
This was in English on his site but his English (as I understand it) is very limited. The style was very different too than some of his other postings but I agree that his sentiment is really pure and sincere. That's why Sunday was so dreadful to watch. I wouldn't be surpised if he didn't graduate from high school. He was never home. He lived in Florida and then was on the road. When could he have gone to school but I am just speculating. Clearly he is really bright. He has to be to play the kind of game he does . . .

I think you're right. But his intelligence comes form the heart ;)