***Ajmooooo Mario in Adelaide 08*** [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

***Ajmooooo Mario in Adelaide 08***

Jadranka
12-29-2007, 03:22 PM
[1] Lleyton HEWITT (AUS) v Dudi SELA (ISR)
Alejandro FALLA (COL) v Jose ACASUSO (ARG)
Ernests GULBIS (LAT) v QUALIFIER
Victor HANESCU (ROM) v [6] Jo-Wilfred TSONGA (FRA)

[3] Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v Simone BOLELLI (ITA)
Florian MAYER (GER) v Mischa ZVEREV (GER)
Vincent SPADEA (USA) v [8] Sebastien GROSJEAN (FRA)

[7] Juan Martin DEL POTRO (ARG) v Michael RUSSELL (USA)
[WC] Robert SMEETS (AUS) v Benjamin BECKER (GER)
Evgeny KOROLEV (RUS) v Mario ANCIC (CRO)
Michael LLODRA (FRA) v [4] Gilles SIMON (FRA)

[5] Radek STEPANEK (CZE) v [WC] Joseph SIRIANNI (AUS)
Sam QUERREY (USA) v Steve DARCIS (BEL)
[WC] Chris GUCCIONE (AUS) v QUALIFIER
Julien BENNETEAU (FRA) v [2] Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)

linus
12-29-2007, 05:18 PM
One match at a time, Mario :aplot:

LOVE_RAFA
12-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Ajmo Mario!

clooe
12-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Good Luck Mario!!! =)

vero
12-30-2007, 02:33 PM
wish Mario a better luck in 2008 :angel:

Ajmo Mario!! :)

Deathless Mortal
12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
One member on this forum said Mario has cought a virus again, and that he asked the tournament director if he could play his first match as late as possible :awww:

linus
12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
so withdrawl is the truth? :eek:

Gosh :(

neenah
12-31-2007, 07:32 PM
One member on this forum said Mario has cought a virus again, and that he asked the tournament director if he could play his first match as late as possible :awww:

So much bad news in one career...At least it's not an injury this time.

clooe
01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Mario :sad:

ataptc
01-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Get well soon Mario :awww:

liz-bj
01-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Poor Mario... :sad:
get well soon :hug:

jitterbug
01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Mario :awww:

kanok02
01-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Poor Mario :sad:..I don't know why.. "Virus" love him so much.. :mad:
Happy New Year 2008 to all of you.. :wavey: I just come back... and a bit disappointed with his news..how's going? and when will he recover..? :confused:

jitterbug
01-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Mario is a wildcard in Auckland and will play Juan Carlos Ferrero :scared:

linus
01-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Health seems so so important now once again :rolleyes: Mario :hug: Really not a good start for the year while take care of yourself first please :hug:

As for Auckland, as long as Mario is way back to fitness, nothing to worry about :p

fanancic
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
happy to see Mario back on court!! good luck against ferrero!

The Hooded Claw
01-05-2008, 04:26 PM
JCF is a tough first match, although I obviously think he can win.

I'm just worried a bit about these constant viruses and injuries interrupting whenever he starts to find his form... hopefully this is just a one off and he can play a full schedule this year.

chabela
01-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Oh, MARIO is not good :sad:.

Look at this article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10485441)

Tennis: Not so Super Mario
5:00AM Sunday January 06, 2008
By Gregor Paul

If there there was one thing Mario Ancic didn't look yesterday, it was super.

The big Croat had just finished his first training session for two weeks after being laid low by a vomiting bug that had him virtually bedridden since it hit on Boxing Day.

He looked like a man in need of a serious feed, his frame so devoid of meat you'd worry about sending him out to buy milk in a stiff breeze.

You'd certainly worry about him having to play fourth seed Juan Carlos Ferrero in his opening match, as he will have to do.

For much of the hour and a half that he was plugging away on the back court he was huffing and puffing, clearly toiling in the heat.

Dubbed Super Mario by the British tabloids after he reached the semifinals of Wimbledon in 2004, Ancic is a long way from living up to his moniker. Being drawn against the 28-year-old Spaniard was not ideal but Ancic is getting used to overcoming adversity.

The last two weeks have by no means been the worst for the 23-year-old. Illness and injury have plagued him since February last year when he contracted glandular fever. That kept him out of action until August and, just as he was feeling his way into form, his right shoulder packed a sad and he was back to spectating for another two months.

All that time not playing saw his world ranking slide from No 7 to No 83 which has, to say the least, made it a frustrating period.

But the important thing for him now is he feels he's at least back on the path to redemption. The bad times, he's sure, are now behind him.

"I am just happy to be back playing tennis," he said. "I have had a lot of bad luck and this was my first practice today for 14 days. I hope now with 2007 out of the way all my bad luck is finished and Auckland can be my turning point."

Auckland has been a happy hunting ground for him in the past. He came here in 2006, defeated the British hope Andy Murray in the second round and went on to the final where he lost to Jarkko Nieminen.

It was just the boost the Ancic star needed to continue its ascent and hemanaged to break into the world's top 10.

"Two years ago Auckland was a turning point for me. I played my finest tennis after a good start here. I am going to have to take things one match at a time.

"I just want to be healthy and I know that because of all the hard work I have put in, I will soon recover after missing training for the last two weeks.

"I know in the next few days I will start to feel better."

That's about as far as Ancic will commit with regards to his future. When he says he's given little thought to his performance goals this week, there's a real sense he means it.

His goal for the last few days has been simply to get upright and to get through a tough couple of hours training on court without feeling like death warmed up.

And now he's done that he's got no idea what's ahead of him once he actually makes it on to court.

"I really don't know what to expect," he said. "The depth of men's tennis makes it tough. I want to try and get into shape over the next couple of days.

"I'm looking forward to the fight and I know there are a lot of Croatian supporters here so hopefully I can do well and go on and have a good 2008."

He'll need all the support he can get against Ferrero, currently ranked 24th in the world. But Ancic is due some good luck and there is no doubting his determination to once again be known as Super Mario.

amdany
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
:sad:, I hope it's nothing and good luck to him *fingers crossed*
thx Chabela:)

The Hooded Claw
01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Looks like he might be out of Auckland as well.

Oh Mario :sobbing:

He seems to have the worst luck of any player right now. Hopefully he can recover in time for the AO and at least win a round or two.

neenah
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
:sobbing:

chabela
01-08-2008, 01:28 PM
oh:sad:, he has a very litle chance to play AO, what's a bad luck!!!!!!!!!!

the article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10485770)

Tennis: Croatian star withdraws through illness
1:30PM Tuesday January 08, 2008

Wildcard Mario Ancic, one half of what would have been the feature clash of the first round of the Heineken Open tennis tournament in Auckland, has withdrawn, stricken by an on-going virus.

The Croatian, a former top-10 player now ranked 83rd, was due to meet fourth-seeded Spaniard Juan Carlos Ferrero, the former French Open champion, today.

But he pulled out on doctors' advice after going to hospital for tests.

Ancic, who has been coming to Auckland for the past five years and was a finalist in 2006, has been hit by injuries and bad luck over the past 18 months.

He arrived in New Zealand this time having withdrawn from the Adelaide International last week without hitting a ball because of the same illness, which left him with a temperature and vomiting.

He had a practice session on Saturday for the first time in 10 days, but began vomiting again the next day.

"It's been very frustrating because you know what I've been through and I worked very hard, almost six weeks, to be fit for the new season," he said.

"I like this tournament a lot and I hoped it would be a great start to the year and a turning point, but it's not to be. I'll still keep my head high and do the best I can."

Ancic, 23, said he would wait a few days before deciding whether he could play in the Australian Open, which begins next Monday, but didn't fancy his chances.

"If it wasn't the Australian Open, I would straight away tell you no, but it's a Grand Slam," he said.
"I'll prolong the decision but it's a very small chance, I would have to say. It's not looking good."

amdany
01-08-2008, 06:15 PM
noooooooooo:crying2::hysteric:

jitterbug
01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
He IS out of the AO, according to the thread on GM :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

The Hooded Claw
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
"I'll still keep my head high and do the best I can."

:awww:

I hope he does. I wouldn't blame him for getting down on himself with his recent luck. :(

Get well soon Mario and come back strong the rest of the year.

fanancic
01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
this guy is very unlucky...

kanok02
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Lastly he still withdrawn from "Stomach virus"...hur!! I wonder how serious it is..

(http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/2/draws/oop.asp)
**[LL] J Levine replaced [WC] M Ancic (stomach virus)

linus
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
His bad luck hasnt stopped yet :mad: :sad:

kanok02
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
" Sick Ancic in doubt for Australian Open" :(:confused:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis/sick-ancic-in-doubt-for-australian-open/2008/01/08/1199554631181.html

poooooooor Ancic..and I could not find his name in Oz open's players list :sad: :sad:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/bios/index.html

liz-bj
01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Poor Mario :sad:, he's so unlucky... :awww:

fangirl
01-13-2008, 05:22 PM
:sad:

Look, I know Mario is really hot and all, but can't the virsues kindly back off and stop hitting on him. Thanks.

chabela
01-22-2008, 01:04 PM
I think in this article (http://www.vecernji.hr/newsroom/sports/tenis/2995378/index.do) Mario talked about Cilic, but at the end, I think he talked about his next tournament. Can any Croat help us? . Thank

Ančić: Čilić može biti i među 10 najboljih

Mario Ančić imao je velike planove za početak 2008., no umjesto nastupa na terenima Melbourne Parka, završio je doma. Dvotjedna viroza potpuno je iscrpila organizam našeg tenisača... Gubitak kilograma Izgubio sam šest-sedam kilograma, tek sam prije koji dan lagano počeo trenirati. Radim polako, želim biti potpuno spreman, objašnjava Čunči, koji događanja na prvom Grand Slam turniru sezone prati na televizoru. Naravno, glavna je tema uspjeh Marina Čilića... Budan sam noću jer gledam prijenose mečeva. Gledao sam i navijao za Marina kad je igrao protiv Gonzaleza. Igra odlično, vidio sam koliko je dobar još u listopadu na turniru u St. Peterburgu gdje smo trenirali zajedno. Čeka ga velika karijera, mislim da ima mogućnosti doći i među prvih deset. Naravno, to je odlično i za reprezentaciju, u kojoj svi od njega puno očekujemo, rekao je Mario, koji nam je komentirao i nastupe ostalih Hrvata u Australiji. Karlović je ulaskom u treće kolo postigao svoj najbolji rezultat na ovom turniru, što je još jedan korak naprijed u njegovoj karijeri. Ljubo je izgubio u prvom kolu, no za njega se ne brinem, sada dolazi dio sezone u dvorani gdje će doći na svoje, uvjerava nas Mario, koji će gubitkom bodova za lanjski nastup u osmini finala Melbournea pasti iza 130. mjesta ATP ljestvice. Prvo kvalifikacije Ma, više i ne pamtim koji sam na listi, jer ne igram. Sada ću morati proći teži put do povratka, s 80. mjestom ATP ljestvice mogao sam izravno ulaziti na većinu turnira, a sada mi slijede kvalifikacije i nastupi na challengerima, svjestan je Mario, koji bi prvi turnir sezone trebao odigrati za tri tjedna u Marseilleu. Nakon Marseillea igrat ću u Zagrebu, no razmišljam u tjednu između odigrati jak challenger u francuskom Besanconu. Treba mi mečeva, zaključuje Mario, koji je, statistike radi, posljednji challenger odigrao prije gotovo četiri godine u američkom Boca Ratonu. Na kraju je poslao poruku: Ne brinem se za povratak, samo da ozdravim. I volio bih da ubuduće razgovaramo samo o lijepim stvarima...

_sanja_
01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
first he talks about his health-he lost about 6-7 kilos:( he started to play again few days ago... than he talks about Marin and how good he is, that has a quality to enter even top10 and he also talks about other croats and their AO preformances... at the end he said he`s position in ATP rankings is gonna be now around 130.(because of last year`s 1/8final in AO) which is not good for him cos now he`ll have to play all quallies and also some challengers, which he wouldn`t have to with ranking 80. his first tournament will probably be Marseille (in 3weeks) and he`ll also play in Zagreb, but he`s thinking of playing on a challenger in Besanconu (in a week between Marseille and Zagreb) cos he needs to play a lot of matches.
he also said he`s not paying attention on coming back but only to get healthy and in a future he`d love to talk only about nice things...:)

thats it!

hope to see him back on courts soon!! :(

:wavey:

chabela
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
hope to see him back on courts soon!! :(

Thank you very much Sanja. :hug:

I hope he be ok and plays a lot this year.

amdany
01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
thanks for the translation, Sanja:)

croat123
01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
he has a wc into marseille. hopefully he can finally get this year started!
i'm pretty sure the tournament has had a webcam that last few years

amdany
01-25-2008, 06:50 PM
great:D, yes the site had a livestream these last years but too bad I can't go to see him live:(

kanok02
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
thanks for the "update new and translation" :wavey::angel:

Saumon
01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
The Besançon Challenger site says he will play there.

jitterbug
01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Gab, you know I love Mario :p *cough cough*

amdany
01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Gab, you know I love Mario :p *cough cough*

I love him too;)Gab

asma jaouadi
01-29-2008, 06:31 PM
25 janvier 2008

Mario ANCIC N°7 Mondial (juillet 2006) vient de confirmer sa présence aux internationaux de tennis du Doubs -Open de Franche-Comté

yes he confirmed to play on besançon so he won't play on rotterdam :rolleyes:

_sanja_
01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
but thats better cos in rotterdam he`d play just few matches probably...and as he said he needs to play A LOT of matches and challenger is perfect when u need matches...thats what I think...:p

cant wait to see him in Zagreb!! :yippee:

croat123
01-30-2008, 12:27 AM
it's great that he is playing a challenger. he needs the match practice!

Sommarsverige
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I think this is my first time to post in this forum, strange though...because I really like Mario :)

Just wanted to let you know that Marios coach Fredrik Rosengren is currently writing a blog on a Swedish website (unfortunately it´s only in Swedish) and he told that Mario will arrive in Växjö (where Fredrik lives) tomorrow. For the first 4 days Mario will practice with an upcoming player from Finland.

If someone is interested even if it´s in Swedish, here is the link:
http://www.viasatsport.se/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=1972&lang=se

jitterbug
01-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Thank you! :wavey: