Amos Mansdorf and his temper [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Amos Mansdorf and his temper

Frederick16
12-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Is this true?? :

Mansdorf at times displayed a temper. One time, after jumping over the net and pushing an opponent who he thought was cheating, he was suspended for a month

i found it on his wiki site

Rogiman
12-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Is this true?? :

Mansdorf at times displayed a temper. One time, after jumping over the net and pushing an opponent who he thought was cheating, he was suspended for a month

i found it on his wiki siteI don't remember that, but that would be a typical Israeli reaction :lol:

Frederick16
12-20-2007, 08:40 PM
haha i dont remember him really as a player cause i am to young but i know his name. but i never heard this story. this should have happened on a mm tournament :)

Raquel
12-20-2007, 11:31 PM
I remember reading once that when he played Yannick Noah, he got so annoyed with Noah's family making noise and applauding his errors, that he went over to their box and stood there loudly cursing them out. I think Noah also accused him of aiming balls at him in between points. Noah refused to shake his hand after the match.

Or Levy
12-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I don't remember that, but that would be a typical Israeli reaction :lol:

Try not to give us all a bad name, will you? :angel:

Amos was known for his temper, he was an emotional kind of guy.

shonami slam
12-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Not all Israelis have bad temper.
I, for example, have a terrible one.

GlennMirnyi
12-21-2007, 03:37 PM
The only thing better than Israelis' temper is their sense of humour. :lol:

binkygirl
12-22-2007, 01:03 AM
I remember reading once that when he played Yannick Noah, he got so annoyed with Noah's family making noise and applauding his errors, that he went over to their box and stood there loudly cursing them out. I think Noah also accused him of aiming balls at him in between points. Noah refused to shake his hand after the match.

True story. It happened at the US Open 89. I saw it on TV. Noah was pissed and at the net told Mansdorf,'You don't curse at my family.' Noah's sister was in the box that day.

trivfun
11-11-2008, 05:24 AM
I remember him playing a Davis Cup against India around 1987. He lost a match to and old Vijay Armitraj. Man, did he go ballistic.