iSpy [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

iSpy

Denaon
12-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Can we have it back please? :awww:

Sunset of Age
12-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Seconded - it's a very handy tool to keep track!

Deboogle!.
12-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Wasn't it supposed to have been gone ages and ages ago? They removed the link to it on all the pages of MTF, but we were all still able to use it b/c we had the direct link.... I remember Steve saying ispy was one of the worst drains on the server, so maybe that's why MTF is loading so much faster now? :awww:

Denaon
12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Wasn't it supposed to have been gone ages and ages ago? They removed the link to it on all the pages of MTF, but we were all still able to use it b/c we had the direct link.... I remember Steve saying ispy was one of the worst drains on the server, so maybe that's why MTF is loading so much faster now? :awww:

Well...I guess it can be...I dunno much about that...:shrug:
I'm just giving it a shot...it's such a pain in youknowwhere to click on the new posts links every xx seconds....iSpy was way way much better than that...:shrug:

:awww:

Mara_M
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Well...I guess it can be...I dunno much about that...:shrug:
I'm just giving it a shot...it's such a pain in youknowwhere to click on the new posts links every xx seconds....iSpy was way way much better than that...:shrug:

:awww:

every at least 30 sec which is indeed a pain in there ;)

tho i admit ispy made me see some posts i didn't want to see :lol: :o

but i remember the posters having it bookmarked :scratch: does it still work?

Lee
12-19-2007, 07:38 PM
every at least 30 sec which is indeed a pain in there ;)

tho i admit ispy made me see some posts i didn't want to see :lol: :o

but i remember the posters having it bookmarked :scratch: does it still work?

The direct link won't work anymore because the function was removed in the latest upgrade.

iSpy was a HUGE drain on the servers.

Denaon
12-19-2007, 07:51 PM
The direct link won't work anymore because the function was removed in the latest upgrade.

:awww: too bad for us...cause it was a great feature (at least for me)

ok....I'll keep on clicking on new posts....:sobbing:

Mara_M
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM

i haven't used it for ages but i do remember some days ago while :yawn:ing at the uni that i was trying to remember the direct link in order not to refresh it each 30 sec...but it's true i realize it must be a hard bargain on server's speed to check on a couple hundred threads and "post" it in real time,especially that it was used by several ppl in the same time.

Sunset of Age
12-22-2007, 06:24 PM

That's a good reason to get rid of it, I suppose. Too bad, but an understandable decision.