Cheering Thread [Temporary in Dutch, we'll off course change to English on request] [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cheering Thread [Temporary in Dutch, we'll off course change to English on request]

Nymeria
12-16-2007, 05:51 PM
the new year is coming, so I thought it was time to start a new cheering thread for the first tournaments of the year. So far Kris' schedule is:

Chennai 31 dec - 6 jan
Australian open 14-27 jan

hopefully this new season will bring him back to his old level, with a ranking he deserves. Lot's of luck Kristof :hug:

linus
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Best wishes to Kristof :rocker:

also happy days to Yvo, hei :)

http://bbs.muwen.com/fileuploaddir/4B257580033.gif

Nymeria
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
merry christmas to you too Tosee :) :hug:

bruzilio
12-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Any news on how Vlieges's training this days? Is he willing to came back to the top?

Nymeria
12-29-2007, 04:00 PM
:wavey: bruzilio, I guess he'll try to come back, 2007 was a "wasted" season, 2009 will give more I hope :) I am sure he's still willing to come to the top, can't have changed after one season only!

His part of the draw for first tourny of the season:

[1] NADAL, Rafael ESP vs MONTCOURT, Mathieu FRA
QUALIFIER vs SCHUKIN, Yuri RUS
QUALIFIER vs GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
[WC] SALVA-VIDAL, Bartolome ESP vs [7] ESCHAUER, Werner AUT

[3] MOYA, Carlos ESP vs GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS
QUALIFIER vs [WC] AMRITRAJ, Prakash IND
NAVARRO, Ivan ESP vs SERRA, Florent FRA
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL vs [8] GICQUEL, Marc FRA

linus
12-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Kristof, warmmm up !! :)

Nymeria
12-31-2007, 07:03 PM
COURT 3 start 4:00 pm
K Vliegen (BEL) vs M Gicquel (FRA)

lots of luck Kris :bounce:

Nymeria
01-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Kristof won, 7-6, 6-4 :bounce:

TankingTheSet
01-02-2008, 01:42 AM
His draw is pretty wide open, I think he will beat Serra fairly easily. Moya won't be easy but after that he faces Nadal or another player out of that quarter and that could be a winnable match.

linus
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Go Kristof, the second now :cool:

Nymeria
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
he's playin now... lost first set 5-7, but won 2nd 6-4.... good luck in 3rd!!!

Nymeria
01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
he lost 3rd in tb... :sad:

TankingTheSet
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Didn't expect that. :(

Nymeria
01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
It's hard to predict result of Kris matches... :(

Nymeria
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Just saw Kris at tv (belgian channel) :bounce: just some words about last season, and about his match against Patience.

His part of the draw:

GASQUET, Richard FRA [8] v LINDAHL, Nick AUS (W)
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v ODESNIK, Wayne USA [Q]
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v PATIENCE, Olivier FRA
PAVEL, Andrei ROU v ANDREEV, Igor RUS [31]
CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG [18] v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
FALLA, Alejandro COL v ANDERSON, Kevin RSA [Q]
WARBURG, Sam USA [Q] v BRZEZICKI, Juan Pablo ARG
TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA v MURRAY, Andy GBR [9]
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS [14] v MONTCOURT, Mathieu FRA (W)
LEVY, Harel ISR [Q] v SEPPI, Andreas ITA
SELA, Dudi ISR v SLANAR, Martin AUT [Q]
BAKER, Jamie GBR [Q] v KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO [20]
WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI [26] v BENNETEAU, Julien FRA
LU, Yen-Hsun TPE v GICQUEL, Marc FRA
MAHUT, Nicolas FRA v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
LLODRA, Michael FRA v DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS [4]

He'll play 2nd match at court 5. First match starts at 11am and is a WTA match.

Nymeria
01-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Kristof won :yeah: 6-0, 6-1, 7-6! Great score :yeah: next opponent will be Andreev!

01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Kristof won :yeah: 6-0, 6-1, 7-6! Great score :yeah: next opponent will be Andreev!
I'm not happy about the next opponent, but I'm glad Kristof's Forum is still here :) I'm sorry I haven't been around much :sad:

Nymeria
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I miss you around Mae! :hug:

01-15-2008, 05:21 AM
I miss you around Mae! :hug:
I was just going to take a little break from posting because of my wrist. Since I'm not supposed to use a keyboard a lot. But when I came back in here I was shocked at how long I had been away :eek: :o And my how things have changed at MTF, but not at Kristof's Forum :sad: May be if he keeps winning we can get a few more posters in here :unsure:

Nymeria
01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I was just going to take a little break from posting because of my wrist. Since I'm not supposed to use a keyboard a lot. But when I came back in here I was shocked at how long I had been away :eek: :o And my how things have changed at MTF, but not at Kristof's Forum :sad: May be if he keeps winning we can get a few more posters in here :unsure:

yeah he should keep winning, and we should keep posting.... that's the only way to get other posters I think :awww:

01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm trying, but my wrist really holds me back now :sad: In my early days on the Forums I was doing Ranking Watch threads for a lot of players. But I sure can't do anything like that now :tears: I just have to slip in some posts now and again. The trouble is once I start posting again I want to keep it up and the wrist doesn't like it at all :bigcry:

Nymeria
01-16-2008, 06:33 AM
that sounds really annoying! :hug:
I had some problems with my wrist, a few weeks ago. Luckily it only last like 5 days or something.

Kris is playing right now, he lost first set 7-5 :(

01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
He lost the match. I knew I didn't like his
2nd Rd match-up :ras: Out early in yet another Tournament :sad: This won't help him at all :tears:

01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
that sounds really annoying! :hug:
I had some problems with my wrist, a few weeks ago. Luckily it only last like 5 days or something.

Kris is playing right now, he lost first set 7-5 :(
CPT is something that doesn't leave on it's own. It usually gets worse then the only thing that can be done for it when it gets so bad is surgery :eek: I don't want that, but I think I'm addicted to posting :rolleyes:

Nymeria
01-18-2008, 10:48 AM
He lost the match. I knew I didn't like his
2nd Rd match-up :ras: Out early in yet another Tournament :sad: This won't help him at all :tears:
no good indeed :sad:

but I like it he plays doubles with Yves :D

Nymeria
01-18-2008, 10:49 AM
CPT is something that doesn't leave on it's own. It usually gets worse then the only thing that can be done for it when it gets so bad is surgery :eek: I don't want that, but I think I'm addicted to posting :rolleyes:

that's really bad :( sadly a problem coming to more and more people...

and you're not the only one addicted to the board :o

01-19-2008, 06:23 AM
that's really bad :( sadly a problem coming to more and more people...

and you're not the only one addicted to the board :o
Well to have lasted here since 2002 you are amazing :worship: I haven't seen many 2002 members posting around here ;) Yes with all the keyboards being used for computers these days more and more people will develope wrist problems :sad:

Nymeria
01-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Well to have lasted here since 2002 you are amazing :worship: I haven't seen many 2002 members posting around here ;) Yes with all the keyboards being used for computers these days more and more people will develope wrist problems :sad:
I am proud to be one of the few 2002 posters left :angel: I know most left, because the board has been offline for a few months and returned with a different name. (before it was named atpworld)

yeah you are right, it's important to use them right. I am used to "light" keyboards, you know with my laptop... but at my work they have a computer and a keyboard which is harder to type on. I think that's where my problems came from. But as soon as i noticed them I took care of it, taped my wrist. Because I didn't want it to get worse...

It's raining in melbourne, so no play on outside courts. Means Kristof and Yves haven't played there doubles yet...

01-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Good idea--to tape your wrist. I try to remember to wear a wrist split when I'm on a keyboard now. I keep forgetting about Doubles. I have to admit I'm not very interested in them. You know that Robin Haase reminds me a lot of Kristof? And they both could use more meat on their bones :lol:

Nymeria
01-20-2008, 07:37 AM
it really helped to tape it, that's why it got better within 2 weeks :)

they lost in doubles with quite a bad score :sad: I would like if they play together more, so they can become a nice team with better results :)

I don't like Robin Haasse :o

01-22-2008, 04:05 AM
it really helped to tape it, that's why it got better within 2 weeks :)

they lost in doubles with quite a bad score :sad: I would like if they play together more, so they can become a nice team with better results :)

I don't like Robin Haasse :o
I have only seen him on TV once. And I know only a little about him--he needs more meat on his bones and his name is too close to Tommy Haas :rolleyes:

Nymeria
01-22-2008, 05:20 AM
I have only seen him on TV once. And I know only a little about him--he needs more meat on his bones and his name is too close to Tommy Haas :rolleyes:

wow! And you still cheer for him so much :D That's nice!

I haven't seen him on tv a lot more, just a few times at grand slams or davis cup. I saw him more irl :lol:

01-23-2008, 05:21 AM
wow! And you still cheer for him so much :D That's nice!

I haven't seen him on tv a lot more, just a few times at grand slams or davis cup. I saw him more irl :lol:
No actually I haven't seen him enough to really cheer for him, but he is tall and thin like Kristof. That's why I made the comment he reminded me of Kristof. They both need to eat more :lol: You said you didn't like Robin, do you mind telling me why?

Nymeria
01-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry, I got confused in my previous post, thought you were talking about Kristof :o

I dunno why I don't cheer for him, it helps that he's Dutch, I cheer against the people in my country coz they've enough support here already :lol: (there are some Dutchies I like though :p) I can't say I really dislike him, but I would definitely not support him. (and was happy when he lost at USO :o) only reason why I want him to do well at GS's is that we might get more tennis coverage again when we got some good tennisplayers

01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry, I got confused in my previous post, thought you were talking about Kristof :o

I dunno why I don't cheer for him, it helps that he's Dutch, I cheer against the people in my country coz they've enough support here already :lol: (there are some Dutchies I like though :p) I can't say I really dislike him, but I would definitely not support him. (and was happy when he lost at USO :o) only reason why I want him to do well at GS's is that we might get more tennis coverage again when we got some good tennisplayers
I was about to say that was interesting you not really supporting players from your own country, but then I thought I don't do much supporting of players from the U.S. either :lol: I knew so little of Robin I didn't know he was Dutch. Of course, the TV never shows much of his Matches so I never got to see the country's name or flag to see where he was from :sad: Since I like Dutch people very much (I have "met" them on Forums--not in real life--which is sad) I will add Robin to my players to support :)
I support so many players now adding one more won't make any difference anyway :lol:

Stevens Point
01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
mae! I am Yvo, logging in on Yuk's account, because I stay at his home for a few days. I'm on holiday this week, to Prague, Vienna and Zurich, but I'll be back at saturday.
Did hear Kris won his first round, but don't know anything else... so see you later :wavey:

01-31-2008, 05:03 AM
mae! I am Yvo, logging in on Yuk's account, because I stay at his home for a few days. I'm on holiday this week, to Prague, Vienna and Zurich, but I'll be back at saturday.
Did hear Kris won his first round, but don't know anything else... so see you later :wavey:
You really had me going there :lol: Would you believe I lost track of Kristof :o For some reason Kris and another player I follow GGL seem to give me trouble coming up with where they are playing--why I don't know :rolleyes:

Nymeria
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Now me with my own account, even while I am still at Yuk's computer. That's why there is this schedule here in this forum, then you can check where Kris is supposed to be. :p

Kris played his 2nd round today: vliegen - de voest 67 63 64
And to help you finding the other player, Kris plays GGL in next round :p

02-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Now me with my own account, even while I am still at Yuk's computer. That's why there is this schedule here in this forum, then you can check where Kris is supposed to be. :p

Kris played his 2nd round today: vliegen - de voest 67 63 64
And to help you finding the other player, Kris plays GGL in next round :p
I forgot to look at the schedule thread :o :rolleyes: But now it is a two for one. Now I know where both players are :lol: But now I can't cheer for anyone :eek: Or do I cheer for both :confused:

Nymeria
02-01-2008, 07:10 AM
It makes it easier to follow him if you check the schedule thread, then you don't need to go through all players forums (like I usually do :p

I think you cheer for both, so it makes it equal and it's as good as not cheering :lol:
I will cheer for Kris for sure :bounce: dunno if I'll be able to check results tonight though, otherwise it'll be tomorrow..!

Nymeria
02-01-2008, 07:11 AM
It makes it easier to follow him if you check the schedule thread, then you don't need to go through all players forums (like I usually do :p

I think you cheer for both, so it makes it equal and it's as good as not cheering :lol:
I will cheer for Kris for sure :bounce: dunno if I'll be able to check results tonight though, otherwise it'll be tomorrow..!

Nymeria
02-01-2008, 07:36 AM
my other post didn't appear as " last post " so I just wanted to post another one so you know I replied :p

02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
my other post didn't appear as " last post " so I just wanted to post another one so you know I replied :p
That same thing has happened to me--you either really don't get the post or you end up with two posts :rolleyes:
Oh well I think both Kris and GGL are smart to go to CH and try to pick up ranking points :) Since I won't know anything about the Match I don't guess it matters if I cheer or not :lol: :p

Nymeria
02-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I am here now anyway... lemme check the result!

Vliegen d. Garcia-Lopez 6-3 6-4 :bounce: :woohoo: He won :D:D:D:D

sorry for your other fave... but for Kris such result is really good!

02-02-2008, 04:46 AM
I am here now anyway... lemme check the result!

Vliegen d. Garcia-Lopez 6-3 6-4 :bounce: :woohoo: He won :D:D:D:D

sorry for your other fave... but for Kris such result is really good!
Well I'm sad for GGL :sad: But Kris actually needs the points a lot more than GGL so I'm happy for him :) Really with Kris' ranking from not that long ago he should blow a player like GGL off the court :eek: I think may be one time GGL was ranked in the 50's and that is the highest he has ever been ranked :sad:

Nymeria
02-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Kris won vs Bolelli in SF as well :bounce: 6-7, 6-3, 6-2
So now he is in final and will play vs. Melzer. Succes Kris :yeah:

02-03-2008, 08:59 AM
I saw he was in the Final :D I hope he wins, but he picked up some points anyway :yippee: He needs to get that ranking back up badly. I can't believe how low his ranking has gone :eek: And it is really bad if I can't believe it because I posted it :p

Nymeria
02-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah his rank is gone :( but see it positive: he has hardly anything to defend this season, so great possibility to get it better soon! :yeah:

But lots of luck to Kris in final, it's a big challenger with quite some great names... so it's good that he reached the final :yeah:

Nymeria
02-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Vliegen def. Melzer 6-4 3-6 6-3 :yeah:

First title of the year... :bounce: (doesn't matter it's a challenger, it counts!)
Congrats Kris :hug:

02-04-2008, 07:08 AM
I still wish it weren't a CH :rolleyes: But a title is a title and it did really help his ranking :D

Nymeria
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
of course I would rather see an atp title, but I htink for Kris this is good. To forget the feeling of losing and know how to win again. Hopefully he can continue this at ATP again as well :) Sometimes it's good to take a step back.
And it definitely was a strong challenger!

02-07-2008, 04:05 AM
Yes I think when a player keeps getting defeated it plays on their mind. The next thing you know they go out on the court expecting to get defeated and, of course, they do :eek: The mind is in may ways stronger than the body.

Nymeria
02-07-2008, 11:40 AM
you are right. So I think it was a good choice. We'll see how he'll continue now.

The DC tie is going to be tough :( hope it'll be on tv though! Would like to see a bit of it

02-09-2008, 05:35 AM
you are right. So I think it was a good choice. We'll see how he'll continue now.

The DC tie is going to be tough :( hope it'll be on tv though! Would like to see a bit of it
We have good coverage of it here in the U.S. But that CH win didn't help Kris with his Davis Cup Match :sad:

Nymeria
02-09-2008, 06:56 PM
you can't expect him to win vs. a good playing Berdych.
I watched the doubles today which was a really nice match! Sadly they lost though. Definitely bad luck with this DC draw :sad:

Kris seemed happy on court though, he really enjoyed the atmosphere and smiled a lot.

02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
I love it when a player is happy on court :D
I hope Kris won't let the DC results get him down and he will start winning again :)

Nymeria
02-12-2008, 02:48 PM
then Kris is a good fave for you, he can really enjoy being on court. Making many jokes. (

02-13-2008, 03:15 AM
then Kris is a good fave for you, he can really enjoy being on court. Making many jokes. (
Some players seem so unhappy on court you wonder why they are out there :confused: If you can't enjoy it, why be a tennis pro :rolleyes:

Nymeria
02-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I guess they do enjoy it, but they show it totally different :lol:

02-15-2008, 05:11 AM
I guess they do enjoy it, but they show it totally different :lol:
I don't know. Some of them look like they would rather be in the dentist chair than on a tennis court :lol:

Nymeria
02-15-2008, 07:34 AM
i doubt they would be laughing in a dentist chair, they just have such face which can't show happiness on court :p

02-16-2008, 06:46 AM
i doubt they would be laughing in a dentist chair, they just have such face which can't show happiness on court :p
I think all players can and should show happiness on the court. I don't mean to make fun of or show up the other player--just good natural fun :D Even Roger smiles on court sometimes :p

02-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Well Kris won his 1st Rd Match :) But I have forgotten who he played and where he played :o :lol: There are just too many Tournaments going on at once :(

02-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Kris is in San Jose :lol: And I also can report he won his Double Match as well :yippee: Kristof must be playing well right now :) I just hope he can keep it up :unsure:

02-20-2008, 03:32 AM
Kris has to play Robby next :sad: I like both players and they both need wins badly :tears:

Nymeria
02-20-2008, 03:09 PM
sorry, I am too busy this week. Knew he won his singles, but hadn't time to post..! Glad there are some wins for Kris again :)

(I miss him in Rotterdam though :sad: )

02-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm just sorry he has to play Robby. Kris when this Forum started had been ranked in the 30's and Robby in 2005 was ranked #15 in the world. And both of their rankings have dropped like a rock :sad: And one of them has to get defeated again :bigcry:

02-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Well Robby defeated Kris :eek: I'm sorry for Kris :sad: but glad for Robby :D Robby is ranked outside the Top 100 so he needed the points even more than Kris.

Nymeria
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
ranks go up and down :( but it should go up for Kris this season, after all he has nothing to defend!

Nymeria
02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
COURT 1 start 10:00 am
Y Lu (TPE) vs V Hanescu (ROU) - ATP
WTA
WTA
K Vliegen (BEL) vs B Becker (GER) - ATP
WTA
WTA
S Ratiwatana (THA) / S Ratiwatana (THA) vs [2] J Bjorkman (SWE) / K Ullyett (ZIM) - ATP

Nymeria
03-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Fernando Gonzalez CHI [1/WC] vs. Evgeny Korolev RUS
Qualifier vs. Kristof Vliegen BEL
Rainer Schüttler GER vs. Stefan Koubek AUT
Chris Guccione AUS vs. Marc Gicquel FRA [7]

what a tough draw :awww:

mae where are you???

Nymeria
03-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Kris will play his first round at court 12, 2nd match (first starts at noon)...

Nymeria
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Kristof Vliegen (BEL) d. Alex Bogdanovic (GER) 64 64
Next: Gonzo!

Nymeria
03-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Kristof Vliegen (BEL)/Peter Wessels (NED) d. Kas (GER)/Wassen (NED) 5-7, 7-5, 10-6

Kristof Vliegen (BEL)/Peter Wessels (NED) d. Andreas Seppi (ITA)/Potito Starace (ITA) 6-3, 6-4

Oh and he lost in singles vs Gonzalez :sad:
6-4, 6-7, 6-4

Nymeria
05-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Where are all Kris fans? He can use support!

I've been following him, but was too lazy to post in this forum when nobody replies anyway....

OddJob
05-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Well I love me some Kris just don't get on her often but I always wish him well.:)

Nymeria
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
That's more important than posting!

lenemie
05-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Kristof lost his first round match at RG in 3 tie breaks :sad:, good luck in doubles!!!

Nymeria
05-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Pfff, I hate all those lost matches :( I really feel sorry for him :hug:

lenemie
06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know why he retired? :sad:

EDIT: wrist injury, I hope it's not to bad.

Nymeria
06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I was in 's Hertogenbosch today, but I missed his match :o (I wanted to watch, of course, but while watchings Allegro's training I totally forgot about it and as you know the match was over too quickly).

I hope the injury is not too serious, it didn't seem to harm him in training... but the match result is just too bad :(

07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I think Kris really needs to build himself up--he is too thin! And when I was last here he was dating a woman with a child. That would take a lot of his focus off tennis I would think.

Drikke
08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Kristof is not on the qualification entry list for the US OPEN

Nymeria
08-01-2008, 09:33 AM
where will he play instead? :)

08-02-2008, 04:36 AM
I guess the wrist got all right? Wrist problems seems to be going around lately. Marcos is out until after the U.S. Open due to a wrist problem.

Nymeria
08-02-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't know :unsure: Haven't read a lot of news about him lately. I've been busy, so didn't check belgian tennis news that often. I'll see if I can find something :)

lenemie
08-02-2008, 10:55 AM
As far as I know, there's no news about his wrist and he doesn't update his website so...

Nymeria
08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks Ienemie :)

Nymeria
08-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I see he has an official website now, I didn't know that :o this is written on there:

Hi,

After to week of rest and holidays, I am back at training tomorrow. My back is going better and better, and I will be on the court again in Vigo (Spain) (http://www.kristof-vliegen.com/index.php)

lenemie
08-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I see he has an official website now, I didn't know that :o this is written on there:

I thought that was written a few weeks ago :o , I guess his wrist is better than, since he only talks about his back :shrug:

Nymeria
08-02-2008, 11:14 AM
I thought that was written a few weeks ago :o , I guess his wrist is better than, since he only talks about his back :shrug:

I dunno, there is no date on it. But I know the tournament he mentions starts august 11, so I think it's quite new...

Yeah I think the same. Hopefully no more injury will bother him after this break.

08-02-2008, 08:53 PM
He has had both wrist and back problems :eek: No wonder he has not been doing well :sad:

Nymeria
08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Oscar Hernandez ESP [1] vs. Gianluca Naso ITA
Pablo Santos ESP vs. Lamine Ouahab ALG
Miguel Angel Lopez-Jaen ESP vs. Marc López ESP
Q vs. Pablo Andujar ESP [6]

Santiago Ventura ESP [4] vs. Dick Norman BEL
Adrian Cruciat ROU vs. Julio Silva BRA
Rubén Ramirez Hidalgo ESP vs. Gabriel Trujillo-Soler ESP [WC]
Q vs. Alberto Martín ESP [5/WC]

Kristof Vliegen BEL [7] vs. Jaime Vazquez Catoira ESP [WC]
Q vs. David Marrero ESP
Alexander Ward GBR [WC] vs. Rainer Eitzinger AUT
Mariano Puerta ARG vs. Diego Junqueira ARG [3]

Eric Prodon FRA [8] vs. Pere Riba ESP
Daniel Muñoz-de la Nava ESP vs. Laurent Recouderc FRA
Q vs. Adrian Menendez ESP
Victor Crivoi ROU vs. Maximo Gonzalez ARG [2]

08-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Kris won a Tournament :yippee: But I forgot the Tournament name, the score, and who he defeated :o :o :o

Nymeria
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Just read he won :bounce: Go Kris :yeah:

rrfnpump
09-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Here is all my stuff from Düsseldorf Challenger. :)

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2008%20Challenger%20Dusseldorf/DSCN9491.jpg

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2008%20Challenger%20Dusseldorf/th_DSCN9490.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2008%20Challenger%20Dusseldorf/DSCN9490.jpg) http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2008%20Challenger%20Dusseldorf/th_DSCN9494.jpg (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2008%20Challenger%20Dusseldorf/DSCN9494.jpg)

more pictures here (http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2008%20Challenger%20Dusseldorf/?start=all)

mIUKLKSGq8g

more videos here (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ghgroups&p=r)

09-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm glad Kris is playing CH Tournaments. It will give him more experience and will also help his ranking ;)

Nymeria
09-06-2008, 07:32 PM
true, it's good he can win a bit again :)

but I was a lil "shocked" after some articles I read about him. He was close to quiting his career... luckily he's winning again now :)

Nymeria
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Kris is doing well in challengers :bounce: now he won Düsseldorf challenger :yeah:

09-08-2008, 04:14 AM
true, it's good he can win a bit again :)

but I was a lil "shocked" after some articles I read about him. He was close to quiting his career... luckily he's winning again now :)
Well if you remember he had been ranked in the 30's and then to drop all the way down like he did I can see why he thought about quiting. However, I'm glad he changed his mind and started working in the CH Tournaments :D I still think Kris needs to work more on his strength and conditioning, if he wants to play well in the regular ATP Tournaments. And that latest CH win will only help his ranking that much more ;)

Nymeria
09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Well if you remember he had been ranked in the 30's and then to drop all the way down like he did I can see why he thought about quiting. However, I'm glad he changed his mind and started working in the CH Tournaments :D I still think Kris needs to work more on his strength and conditioning, if he wants to play well in the regular ATP Tournaments. And that latest CH win will only help his ranking that much more ;)

Well it was not because of his ranking, but about his injuries. The back injury was a lot worse than I expected...

Nymeria
01-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Long time no posts here. I saw both Kris matches at the AO, I hated it that he played another fave both in singles and doubles and sadly the other was better. Kris played quite well in singles though, he deserved to win at least one set. Sadly at important moments Simo was the better one. I have hopes for a better season if he continues good game like that :) Kom op Kris!

Powerzorro
02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Go Kristof, there in South Africa!

Nymeria
02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
He is playing right now, c'mon Kris :yeah:

Nymeria
02-05-2009, 04:26 PM
He won 6-4, 6-1 vs. Minar :yeah:

ellen_
02-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Lost to Tsonga, but still a good tournament for him :yeah:

About the Kinder Bueno commercial again - there's a facebook group about that. And Kristof is a member himself :rolls: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123261690174&ref=mf
I still couldn't find the video online though :(

Nymeria
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Now I see that group I really would love to see the video :rolls:

03-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Kristof is in a Final, but it must be a CH because it is not listed in MTF's Tournament Section :confused:

EDIT: Yes it is a hard court CH in France. Kristof will play A. Beck. At least if he can do some winning even in CH Tournaments that will help his Ranking.

ellen_
03-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Indeed, tournament in Besançon ;) Allez Kristof! :banana: He starts at 3pm and here's a (very bad) livestream http://www.doubs.fr/webtv/index.php

Nymeria
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Kristof Vliegen BEL [4] vs. Andreas Beck GER [2] | 6-2 6-7 (6) 6-3 :bounce:

ellen_
03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Finally I managed to record Kristof's commercial :woohoo: It was on tv constantly this afternoon but I was too late everytime, so I thought I could hold my camera (which causes bad quality, of course) with me while I was watching tonight..., and then they suddenly stopped showing it :rolls: But as you see, I was patient enough to wait for the next commercial break. You'll have to turn up the volume completely to hear anything but at least you will have an idea of the commercial ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-oyviuIcLk

Nymeria
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Ellen, thanks a lot! :bounce: Poor Kris, somebody stealing his Kinder Bueno :awww: :hug: "Ge kunt niet altijd winnen hè" :lol: She says it as if Kris is like Nadal or Federer :p

ellen_
03-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Ellen, thanks a lot! :bounce: Poor Kris, somebody stealing his Kinder Bueno :awww: :hug: "Ge kunt niet altijd winnen hè" :lol: She says it as if Kris is like Nadal or Federer :p

They do show the commercial a lot more since he won in Besançon :lol: But it's true, that was the first thing I thought when I saw it too.

DC: Kristof will play first match of the tie againt Przysiezny (ATP-543) :scratch:

Nymeria
03-05-2009, 02:54 PM
I wish I could see it on tv once, but sadly (usually I am about it :p) één and ketnet/canvas don't show commercials. Is he really famous in Belgium, or just among tennislovers?

I haven't checked coverage for Belgian DC, will sporza show it again?

He should be able to win those matches, Kom op Kris :bounce:

ellen_
03-05-2009, 05:02 PM
We kunnen gewoon Nederlands praten ook zeker :lol: Beetje belachelijk om hier in het Engels te praten, geen kat die dit leest :p Sporza gaat het niet uitzenden :rolleyes: Maar La Deux covered de 3 dagen, weeral.

Kristof is niet zo bekend in België denk ik, tenzij onder de tennisfans natuurlijk. Hij heeft niet de status van een Malisse bijvoorbeeld. Eigenlijk kan ik dit vrij moeilijk inschatten hoor, maar ik weet niet of iedereen Kristof zou kennen moest ik het aan mensen op straat vragen ofzo :shrug: Ze zullen hem natuurlijk allemaal wel kennen nu, dankzij Kinder Bueno :banana: :lol: Ik moet iedere keer lachen als ik het op tv zie hoor ;)

Nymeria
03-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Je hebt gelijk, zo veel mensen posten hier niet (Mae, if you are around we will talk in English of course!!)
Al praat ik bij een cheeringthread eigenlijk automatisch in het Engels, omdat er natuurlijk meer fans kunnen zijn, die misschien alleen maar lezen. En aangezien het hier al zo rustig is, moeten we de laatsten ook niet wegjagen :p Sporza doet dat ook sporadisch zeg, alleen wereldgroep en playoffs zeker. Vraag me af of ik dan tennis te zien krijg, onze DC wordt op een betaalzender uitgezonden, dus die zie ik ook al niet.

Had al zo'n vermoeden, ik vind hem ook geen type om echt bekend te zijn. Ik was daarom ook verbaasd om te horen dat hij in die reclame zat, wel leuk :bounce: Ik vind het wel een rol voor Kris. Heb je ooit het verhaal gelezen van Kris met chocola in 's Hertogenbosch? (Ik denk dat ik het ooit wel ergens in één van zijn cheering of chatthreads heb gepost)

ellen_
03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Je hebt gelijk, zo veel mensen posten hier niet (Mae, if you are around we will talk in English of course!!)
Al praat ik bij een cheeringthread eigenlijk automatisch in het Engels, omdat er natuurlijk meer fans kunnen zijn, die misschien alleen maar lezen. En aangezien het hier al zo rustig is, moeten we de laatsten ook niet wegjagen :p Sporza doet dat ook sporadisch zeg, alleen wereldgroep en playoffs zeker. Vraag me af of ik dan tennis te zien krijg, onze DC wordt op een betaalzender uitgezonden, dus die zie ik ook al niet.

Had al zo'n vermoeden, ik vind hem ook geen type om echt bekend te zijn. Ik was daarom ook verbaasd om te horen dat hij in die reclame zat, wel leuk :bounce: Ik vind het wel een rol voor Kris. Heb je ooit het verhaal gelezen van Kris met chocola in 's Hertogenbosch? (Ik denk dat ik het ooit wel ergens in één van zijn cheering of chatthreads heb gepost)

Daar heb je wel gelijk in maar: This is a cheeringthread so people are supposed to cheer, not only read :p

Ja Sporza doet echt weinig tegenwoordig. Als ze dan eens uitzenden zijn ze onophoudelijk aant het klagen over de lage status van het tennis in België en dat het er in UK zóveel beter aan toe gaat. Vrij logisch denk ik dan... Ik denk zelfs dat we niet eens een samenvatting gaan krijgen :smash:

Een verhaal over Kristof en chocolade? :eek: Dat zal ik toch effe moeten opzoeken ;)

Nymeria
03-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Daar heb je ook gelijk in, misschien kunnen we de thread zo actief houden. Ik heb niks meer geüpdate de laatste tijd, ook de scores en result thread niet omdat ik het gevoel had dat ik de enige in het forum was :tape: wie weet komen er nu wat belgen die wel voor Kris zijn maar niet graag in het engels chatten. (Ik bekijk altijd alles positief, dus ook een taalwisseling :p zo lang we maar niet over gaan op Frans :p)

Ik kijk graag naar Sporza, als ik keus heb bij tennis dan kijk ik altijd eerst naar "De Belg" zoals wij de zender noemen, en daarna pas eurosport of Nederland 1. Ja toch deed belgië het nog aardig toen Clijsters en Henin speelden, opeens overal tennis! Tijd dat Kris een topprestatie op een GS neerzet geloof ik, of één van de andere belgen. Ik heb net wel heel mooi geklaagd over tennis in Nederland, maar ik zag net bij mijn digitale zenders, dat ze de davis cup gratis gaan uitzenden :cool:

Ik wil het ook wel op nieuw vertellen hoor :p

ellen_
03-06-2009, 06:43 AM
We kregen GS-matchen live, in de tijd van Kim en Justine... Nu is het heel erg verminderd. Ze zenden normaal ook altijd een hele groep Belgische journalisten naar AO bijvoorbeeld, nu was dat een groepje van 3 omwille van de financiële crisis :smash: Maar ja, genoeg gezeurd denk ik :p Misschien dat er ooit nog wel betere tijden komen, of misschien ook niet :tape:

Ik kan het verhaal niet vinden dus je mag het opnieuw vertellen ;)

Nymeria
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Ja, er waren wel veel Belgische fans daar trouwens! Bij de match van Xavier Malisse werd ik er gek van, daarna bij de match van Kristof waren ze bijzonder stil. Dat vond ik dan weer jammer, want die kon het meer gebruiken :awww:

Vast wel, het is gewoon hopen dat er binnenkort een Belg weer goed presteert... daar wacht ik in nederland ook al een paar jaar op :p

Graag :bounce: ik vind het een leuk verhaal om te vertellen :p
Kristof speelde dat jaar dubbels met Yves Allegro en omdat ik van die laatste gratis kaartjes had gekregen, voelde ik mij verplicht om naar al zijn wedstrijden te gaan. (zou ik anders ook gedaan hebben hoor, als Zwitser-fan :p) Het was het jaar dat ik echt voor Kristof ging supporteren, omdat hij zo komisch is. In één van die dubbel wedstrijden vroeg Allegro bij het inspelen aan de scheids "Can I have some chocolate? Or at least something with sugar in it?" Dus de scheidsrechter stuurt iemand om wat te gaan halen en kennelijk had Kristof zich al verheugd op chocola. Want toen die man terug kwam met een paar zakjes suiker (Yves probeerde er één op te lossen in een flesje koud water, dat werkte niet echt geloof ik) ging Kristof naar de scheidsrechter toe. "Do you call this chocolate?" Dus de scheidsrechter stuurt die arme man weer weg, Kristof moest en zou chocola krijgen. Dus even later kwam hij weer terug, maar inmiddels stonden de spelers klaar om te gaan beginnen. Dus Yves liep snel naar die man toe, die legde het chocola op zijn racket en Yves slaat gewoon al die chocolaatjes richting zijn stoel. Dus het lag op het gras helemaal vol met chocola. Toen ze na 3 games gingen zitten, zag je Kristof echt glunderen en hij pikte steeds chocolaatjes op van het gras en met een glunderende lach. Ik verstond niet wat ze zeiden (ik spreek geen Frans), maar je kon zien dat ze aan het grappen waren over de heerlijke chocola. Het leuke was dat Kris' moeder naast me zat en die keek me echt aan alsof ze zich schaamde voor haar zoon :lol:

ellen_
03-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Ja, er waren wel veel Belgische fans daar trouwens! Bij de match van Xavier Malisse werd ik er gek van, daarna bij de match van Kristof waren ze bijzonder stil. Dat vond ik dan weer jammer, want die kon het meer gebruiken :awww:

Vast wel, het is gewoon hopen dat er binnenkort een Belg weer goed presteert... daar wacht ik in nederland ook al een paar jaar op :p

Graag :bounce: ik vind het een leuk verhaal om te vertellen :p
Kristof speelde dat jaar dubbels met Yves Allegro en omdat ik van die laatste gratis kaartjes had gekregen, voelde ik mij verplicht om naar al zijn wedstrijden te gaan. (zou ik anders ook gedaan hebben hoor, als Zwitser-fan :p) Het was het jaar dat ik echt voor Kristof ging supporteren, omdat hij zo komisch is. In één van die dubbel wedstrijden vroeg Allegro bij het inspelen aan de scheids "Can I have some chocolate? Or at least something with sugar in it?" Dus de scheidsrechter stuurt iemand om wat te gaan halen en kennelijk had Kristof zich al verheugd op chocola. Want toen die man terug kwam met een paar zakjes suiker (Yves probeerde er één op te lossen in een flesje koud water, dat werkte niet echt geloof ik) ging Kristof naar de scheidsrechter toe. "Do you call this chocolate?" Dus de scheidsrechter stuurt die arme man weer weg, Kristof moest en zou chocola krijgen. Dus even later kwam hij weer terug, maar inmiddels stonden de spelers klaar om te gaan beginnen. Dus Yves liep snel naar die man toe, die legde het chocola op zijn racket en Yves slaat gewoon al die chocolaatjes richting zijn stoel. Dus het lag op het gras helemaal vol met chocola. Toen ze na 3 games gingen zitten, zag je Kristof echt glunderen en hij pikte steeds chocolaatjes op van het gras en met een glunderende lach. Ik verstond niet wat ze zeiden (ik spreek geen Frans), maar je kon zien dat ze aan het grappen waren over de heerlijke chocola. Het leuke was dat Kris' moeder naast me zat en die keek me echt aan alsof ze zich schaamde voor haar zoon :lol:

:haha: Wel, dat is nou zo typisch Kristof. Geweldig verhaal! Ik heb meestal buikpijn van het lachen als ik naar een wedstrijd van hem kijk. In Paris Bercy vond ik hem ook geweldig, dat was tijdens de kwalificaties dus dan kan je nog korter bij de spelers geraken natuurlijk. Hij was gekwetst aan zijn onderbeen, maar de fysio had hem net IETS te overmoedig ingetaped. Van aan zn enkel tot aan zn knie was hij strak ingetaped. Hij vroeg aan zn coach of hij niet beter voetbal zou gaan spelen :lol: En in Gent zijn we eens tegen elkaar gebotst, hij kwam net van de court en haastte zich naar de douches. We kwamen elk van een andere kant langs een hoek, dus konden mekaar niet zien aankomen. Ik was daar toch effe niet goed van :angel: Het is wel een vriendelijk jongen, hij heeft zich verontschuldigd.

En ik heb inderdaad veel jolige Belgen gezien op de beelden vanuit AO. Elke keer wenste ik dat er ooit eens tussen mag zitten :awww: België heeft veel jonge beloften, maar het is zo ongeloofelijk moeilijk om in het mannencircuit door te breken.

Nymeria
03-06-2009, 09:31 AM
:haha: Wel, dat is nou zo typisch Kristof. Geweldig verhaal! Ik heb meestal buikpijn van het lachen als ik naar een wedstrijd van hem kijk. In Paris Bercy vond ik hem ook geweldig, dat was tijdens de kwalificaties dus dan kan je nog korter bij de spelers geraken natuurlijk. Hij was gekwetst aan zijn onderbeen, maar de fysio had hem net IETS te overmoedig ingetaped. Van aan zn enkel tot aan zn knie was hij strak ingetaped. Hij vroeg aan zn coach of hij niet beter voetbal zou gaan spelen :lol: En in Gent zijn we eens tegen elkaar gebotst, hij kwam net van de court en haastte zich naar de douches. We kwamen elk van een andere kant langs een hoek, dus konden mekaar niet zien aankomen. Ik was daar toch effe niet goed van :angel: Het is wel een vriendelijk jongen, hij heeft zich verontschuldigd.

En ik heb inderdaad veel jolige Belgen gezien op de beelden vanuit AO. Elke keer wenste ik dat er ooit eens tussen mag zitten :awww: België heeft veel jonge beloften, maar het is zo ongeloofelijk moeilijk om in het mannencircuit door te breken.

:lol: Ja inderdaad, dat is ook weer iets typisch Kristof. In Rotterdam ook, ik was de hele dag al tegen mijn vrienden bezig dat ik Kristof nog niet gezien had. En net toen de beveiliging ons uit de hal wilde halen, kwam Kristof om de hoek. Dus ik sprint echt op hem af en zeg "Mag ik een foto nemen?" Kristof keek me slaperig aan en zegt, "Wacht ik moet nog even wakker worden!" en hij wreef met zijn handen door zijn ogen. Zo schattig! Hij vertelde daarna ook over zijn middagdutje en zo, werd wel een leuke foto!
Je ziet ook gewoon dat hij plezier heeft in de trainingen, daarom vind ik het jammer dat de resultaten zo lang zo tegenvielen. Ik wil niet dat hij stopt!

Het is een kwestie van geld sparen en gaan. Het is niet iets wat je elk jaar doet, ik heb er mee gewacht tot ik mijn studie had afgerond. De Australian Open is het zeker waard om voor naar Australië te gaan, al moet je er wel een reis omheen plannen natuurlijk, anders is het ook zo zonde.
Ja, ik heb dan ook nogal wat bewondering voor die landen die zo veel topspelers hebben. En die ontevreden zijn als ze een tijdje niemand in de top10 hebben. Wij zijn al blij als iemand top100 zou staan :lol:

Nymeria
03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
:bounce: al was het neit zijn beste wedstrijd geloof ik :tape: Ik had een makkelijkere match verwacht!
Ik weet ook nog niet wat ik van zijn haircut vind :p

ellen_
03-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Ik vind zijn bijna kale hoofd helemaal niks :help:

Ik heb eigenlijk niet echt veel van zn match gezien (was naar Gilles aan het kijken :hearts:) maar ik heb hem inderdaad al beter weten spelen op gravel. Ach, het was zijn eerste match + met een nieuw racket... Als het erop aankomt zal hij er wel staan ;) Ik vond hem wel weer ongeloofelijk schattig wanneer hij schreeuwde en vuisten maakte na het winnen van de set of na een break :dance:

Nymeria
03-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Wat ik op de stream zag leek het me ook niks. Maar ik had te slechte kwaliteit om echt te kunnen oordelen. Maar ik hou er meestal niet van als die tennissers die haren millimeteren.

Ah gilles :drool: goede keus :yeah: Ik keek vooral naar de wedstrijd van Huta Galung, ik heb wel de laatste game van Kristof helemaal gekeken. Ik vond zijn reactie ook erg leuk :yeah: En het maakt niet uit hoe, hij heeft toch dat eerste punt binnen gehaald :bounce:

ellen_
03-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Ik zal je wat helpen met foto's van betere kwaliteit :tape: :p

Nymeria
03-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Dankjewel. Maar je hebt gelijk, het is niet echt een kapsel voor Kris :tape: Ik vond dat langere haar schattiger! Dit maakt hem zo... ik weet niet, het past gewoon niet :p

ellen_
03-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Nog een extra schattig fotootje :awww: en een foto van betere kapsel-tijden :lol:

Nymeria
03-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Nog een extra schattig fotootje :awww: en een foto van betere kapsel-tijden :lol:

Ohhh wat een lieve foto! :awww:

Ik weet nu waarom ik het haar niet leuk vind, ik vind hem er een beetje ziek uitzien met dat korte haar. Dat komt denk ik omdat hij ook zo dun is, dat gecombineerd met een kale kop, dat zie je vaak in het ziekenhuis :( Dus hopelijk laat hij zijn haar weer groeien :p

ellen_
03-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh nee, je hebt gelijk :tape: Hij ziet er inderdaad ziek uit, hij is dun en kaal maar ook een beetje bleek... Hij bruint niet echt. Hij had in Australië toch nog meer haar hé? Hij heeft een tijdje geleden nog eens zo een kale kop gehad denk ik. Maar jesus, hij heeft nu toch een nieuwe vriendin? Ik kan mij niet voorstellen dat die daarmee akkoord gaat :lol:
Andy Roddick heeft nu ook weer zo een kale kop :rolleyes: Dit kan toch niet dat al die vriendinnen dat goed vinden.

Nymeria
03-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh nee, je hebt gelijk :tape: Hij ziet er inderdaad ziek uit, hij is dun en kaal maar ook een beetje bleek... Hij bruint niet echt. Hij had in Australië toch nog meer haar hé? Hij heeft een tijdje geleden nog eens zo een kale kop gehad denk ik. Maar jesus, hij heeft nu toch een nieuwe vriendin? Ik kan mij niet voorstellen dat die daarmee akkoord gaat :lol:
Andy Roddick heeft nu ook weer zo een kale kop :rolleyes: Dit kan toch niet dat al die vriendinnen dat goed vinden.

Ja inderdaad zo bleek nog erbij, ik mag hopen dat hij dit niet vaker doet :eek:
In Australië had hij gelukkig langer haar... mijn favorieten mogen best gekke dingen met hun haar uithalen, maar als ik ze ergens op een toernooi zie moeten ze er fatsoenlijk uitzien :p

Heeft hij een nieuwe vriendin? dat wist ik niet, ik volg zijn privéleven niet. Maar nee, ik kan me niet voorstellen dat iemand dit goed vind. Tenzij hij een rol in een film zou moeten spelen, als ziekenhuispatiënt :p

Ja, maar bij Roddick past het wel al beter. (Ik heb gisteren de hele match van Roddick gekeken, maar het is me niet opgevallen dat zijn haren zo kort waren :p)

ellen_
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=195146&d=1236612100

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=194798&d=1236388024

:help:

Ik kwam nog effe binnenvallen hier om jou deze foto's te tonen maar dan zag ik jouw avatar :worship: En de quote. Ook een wielerfan? En Schleck-fan? :dance: :hearts:

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
*logt net op mtf in als bezigheid tijdens parijs-nice kijken*

Yep ik ben wielrenfan :yeah: Niet zo groot als tennisfan, maar ik kijk altijd uit naar de klassiekers en de tour de france. En als ik er aan denk en tijd heb, kijk ik ook zo veel mogelijk van de andere koersen. En yep, totally in love with Andy :inlove: (en dan wel Schleck en niet die op de foto's :lol: )

Anyway, we gaan aardig offtopic in de cheeringthread, misschien moeten we dit onderwerp voortzetten in de chatthread. Want nu zitten we foto's van Roddick te posten in Kris cheeringthread :lol: Ik had Roddick trouwens al gezien ja, ik heb alle 5 de wedstrijden gezien aangezien Zwitserland mijn favoriete tennisland is. Maar bedankt voor de foto's, ik vind dit kapsel echt verschrikkelijk bij Roddick :tape: nog erger dan bij Kris (om hem er even bij te noemen :angel: ), al ziet Roddick er minder ziek uit :p

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Ik was aan het denken.., Ik heb de titel nu wel veranderd, maar ik zou hem ook nog sterker kunnen veranderen en gewoon een nieuwe cheeringthread starten voor zijn komende toernooien :scratch: en eigenlijk maakt het ook helemaal niet uit, want er komt amper iemand anders hier :p

ellen_
03-10-2009, 04:08 PM
:bigclap: Hier zit ook een wielerfan! Hoe kan het ook anders, als Belg. Ben nog een grotere fan van veldrijden eigenlijk (Larsje :awww: zal hem missen). En ik heb ook voor Schleck, Andy én Frank dan, en hun hele ploeg eigenlijk nu want ik was aanvankelijk alleen fan van Cancellara.

Over the threadnaam, ik vind het echt zonde dat er hier niemand komt :( Het maakt inderdaad weinig uit of je 'm nu verandert of niet denk ik :shrug: Grrr, Kristof verdient meer dan 2 fans!

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
:yeah: Goede smaak! Ja in België leeft het meer dan hier, ik ben nu ook naar Sporza aan het kijken. Heb je Parijs-Nice aan staan? Rabobank :worship: Al vraag ik me af of ze er uiteindelijk iets aan hebben.

Ik vind veldrijden ook wel leuk, ik keek het eerst meer, ik vind het mooi als ze helemaal modderig over de finish komen! Ik ben toch groter fan van het wielrennen. Ik was eerst vooral voor Rabobank, dat is toch Nederlands trots in het wielrennen. Maar Frank vond ik al leuk toen ik hem de eerste keer zag rijden en toen ik Andy zag wist ik dat ik voor de Schlecks moest zijn. En hoe meer ik over hem lees, hoe leuker ik hem vind :lol: Ik ben nu dus ook wel voor CSC, het is een leuke ploeg, Cancellara vind ik ook een geweldige rijder :yeah:

Ik vind dat Kristof er ook meer verdient! Maar van de andere kant vind ik hem ook een type die niet echt veel fans heeft. Toch zijn er geloof ik best wel wat mensen die hem supporteren, alleen post niemand :shrug:

ellen_
03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Tuurlijk staat Parijs-Nice aan, ik ben natuurlijk totaaaaal niet aan het kijken :lol: Ik luister wel.

Ik heb er veel meer aan om naar een veldrit te gaan kijken dan naar een gewone wegkoers. Daar zie je ze tenminste zéker 10 keer voorbij vlammen, bij een wegkoers is het maar 1 keer :lol: De sfeer is gewoon super op een veldrit. Een babbeltje met een crosser is ook altijd interessant :aplot:

Jij noemt ze ook nogaltijd CSC :lol: Ik ook. Ik vind die naam gewoon veel beter dan Team Saxo :shrug: Uiteraard ben ik ook voor de Belgische ploegen (Roelandts nu :worship: Die jongen heeft een voedselvergiftiging gehad vorige week!). Ik hou ook wel van Chavanel trouwens, wat een sterke beer zeg, héél blij dat die nu bij QS rijdt.

Ik vind dat er over het algemeen weinig Belgen hier op MTF zitten :shrug: Jammer.

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Ja ik kijk ook vooral af en toe op als ik iets interessants hoor. Maar ik vond het wel erg mooi hoe de Rabobank even een verschil maakte. Bij omloop het volk (ja ik weet dat ook die naam veranderd is, maar dat klonk zo vreemd :p) ook al, ik vind het leuk dat ze zo rijden :yeah:

Tja in België heb je veel meer kans om zo'n dingen te bezoeken. Ik ben nog niet zo heel veel bij de wielersport geweest. Ik wil dit jaar wel naar de amstel gold race gaan, naar de start bij voorkeur, want om ze alleen maar voorbij te zien flitsen vind ik niks :p

Oops :o Ja, ik ben nog niet helemaal gewend. Al zoek ik automatisch op saxo bank als ik nieuws wil vinden. :lol:

Leuk dat je wielrennen ook volgt, er zijn niet veel mensen die ik ken die het ook volgen. Ik begrijp niet waarom zo veel mensen het saai vinden!

ellen_
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Omloop het volk kwam aan in mijn stadje :awww: Nu heeft Gent de start én de aankomst gekocht pff, ik ga ze daar eeuwig voor haten. Die koers passeerde zelfs voorbij mijn huis, jarenlang! :(

Vooral hier in Vlaanderen heb je veel kans om dat te bezoeken. Veldrijden is vrijwel altijd in België en de klassiekers vinden plaats dicht bij mij :worship:

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Awwww! Dat is wel balen dat ze het verplaatst hebben dan. Ik vind dat zo'n race niet veranderd moet worden :awww: Dus voor jou is het helemaal een verschil tussen omloop het volk en omloop het nieuwsblad!

Ja, lucky you! Dus je hebt vast ook al veel wielrenners ontmoet, of niet? Ik vraag me echt af of het op één of andere manier mogelijk is om ze te ontmoeten, het is toch niet zoals bij het tennis, dat je ze op een toernooi aan kunt spreken.

Vorig jaar hadden we de Eneco tour die had finish en startplaats waar ik woon. En dit jaar weer geloof ik, dus dat staat al in de planning.

(Ik vind het een leuke finale van deze etappe!)

ellen_
03-10-2009, 04:51 PM
:worship: Chavanel!! :banana:

Ik heb al meer veldrijders dan wegwielrenners ontmoet. Maar toen de Omloop nog hier aankwam kon ik altijd naar de Vip party gaan achteraf, en dan kwamen er wel wat wielrenners langs. Die wielrenners zijn een beetje meer gereserveerd dan de veldrijders, dus het is moeilijker om er echt een babbeltje mee te doen.

Eneco tour passeert hier ook trouwens ;)

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Ja mooie rit, ik vind Chavanel ook wel leuk trouwens. Maar ik had liever Rabo zien winnen, die hadden het verdiend! Wat hebben ze er een mooie rit van gemaakt :worship:

Ik geloof het. Ik heb buiten tennissers nog niet zo veel sporters ontmoet :lol: Het is jammer dat het bij wielrennen zo moeilijk is om bij de renners te komen. Ik zou zo graag een keer een foto met Andy willen :awww:
Misschien dat ik maar naar een criterium moet na de tour :)

Volgens mij woon jij goed :lol:

ellen_
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Ja na de tour hangen ze meestal het varken uit na de koers :p Je zal ze dan wel op een of ander feestje tegenkomen :drink: Voor de start van een koers kan je wel aan een foto geraken hoor. Het moment waarop ze hun handtekening moeten gaan zetten op het podium is het perfecte moment ;)

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Ja dat zag ik bij de eneco tour, dus ik was van plan naar maastricht te gaan bij de amstel gold race, er vroeg te zijn en dan een leuk dagje er van te maken door naar andere plekken waar hij langs komt te lopen. Ik moet nog even plannen, hangt ook van het weer af natuurlijk :) Gelukkig heeft Andy nog een hele carière voor zich, dus ik zal nog wel eens kans maken :p

ellen_
03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Een meisje dat ik ken vanop MTF uit Luxemburg heeft Andy gezien in haar favorite pub ;) Misschien moet je maar eens een trip naar daar plannen :angel:

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 06:18 PM
*jaloers* Maar ach, aangezien ik nog nooit echt bij het wielrennen geweest ben (buiten een keertje langs de kant en dan die keer bij de start van de eneco) kan ik ook niet echt klagen. Ik moet misschien iets actiever wielrennen gaan bezoeken :angel: (en tennis iets minderen :p)

Nymeria
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
maar voorlopig heb ik geen geld, dus kan ik weinig plannen :p

03-12-2009, 01:36 AM
I can't understand a word that was written, but it sure looks pretty :)

Nymeria
03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I can't understand a word that was written, but it sure looks pretty :)

There was too much off-topic and just some cheering on Kris :angel:

Hey Mae :wavey:

ellen_
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Oooh :wavey: Hello Mae. We were talking about bad haircuts and cycling, and sometimes about Kristof too :angel:

Back to English then? :banana: Didn't see any cycling today due to lessons :awww: How was it?

Nymeria
03-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Well the bad haircut stuff was mostly about Kris :p

I was mostly listening today. Both weren't the most interesting stages...

ellen_
03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh okay :lol: I read that Cancellara is gonna race in Milan-Sanremo and Tour de Flandres afterall :banana:
And Boonen fell twice :awww:

Have you seen this, btw? http://www.sport.be/cycling/nl/nieuws/?Article_ID=346906 :cuckoo:

Nymeria
03-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Yay :yeah: I saw Cancellara leading the big group, that was a good sign I guess. He chose a pretty bad moment to get ill.

Yeah Boonen :awww: One of the motorbikes fell as well :o
No I didn't see that yet, wow you are insane when you do things like that :eek:

ellen_
03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
And Cancellara fell at training too :awww: Very bad start of the season for him, it's a shame.

About those motorbikes :fiery: More motorbikes than cyclists lately. They make me angry everytime with their irresponsible driving style.

Nymeria
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah, hopefully soon will be better for him :)

Yeah it can get dangerous, they gotta think of something. On the other hand it's part of cycling as well...

ellen_
03-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Milan-Sanremo today :bounce: Without Cancellara and Frank Schleck :bigcry: It's not going well with those 2, Frank fell at training too :awww: But at least we still have Andy ;)

Nymeria
03-21-2009, 03:08 PM
*terug naar Nederlands*

Ja :bounce: Al is het eigenlijk te mooi weer om voor de tv te zitten. Maar kan het moeilijk overslaan natuurlijk :angel:

Ik had het al gelezen dat 2 van mijn 3 favoriete CSC renners er niet zijn, gelukkig de belangrijkste wel gewoon :)

ellen_
03-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Cavendish :eek: Die is zo snel dat ik het eigenlijk wel een beetje creepy vind. Zijn piste-ervaring zit er zeker voor iets tussen. Ik had vooraf gedacht dat Pozzato, Chavanel of Boonen gingen winnen... :rolleyes:

Het was inderdaad véél te mooi weer om voor de tv te zitten :lol: Maar we hebben geluk, het ziet er vandaag ook nog een mooie dag uit en geen koers of tennis op tv :p

Nymeria
03-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Ja Cavendish is echt een supersprinter! Maar ik ben eigenlijk nooit voor hem.

vandaag hadden wij minder weer, gelukkig dat ik gister tot 3 uur buiten heb kunnen zitten, voor ik het wielrennen op had gezet. :lol:

Filo V.
05-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Not a lot of updates on Kristof and his condition! Well, the past year has been a rough one. Kristof suffered from back troubles and was out of action from early July to March this year, outside of the Australian Open. He was having very strong results with 2 challenger wins, a QF in Belgrade, and a second round at Wimbledon. He is now ranked 147 and his best result this year was a SF in Tunis last week, where he retired vs. Acasuso with fatigue.

He lost vs. Almagro yesterday in Munich 3-6 1-6 and his next scheduled tournament is the Bordeaux challenger next week. Lets hope he is healthy and feeling good on court, and the results will come. Good luck next week and for the rest of the season Kristof!

Filo V.
05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
The main draw for Bordeaux is out, here is how it looks:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/3824/mds.pdf

Kristof plays David Guez in R1 who has been struggling for form and has won only 2 matches since January. If he wins he would play Istomin/Silva which is also very winnable. Kristof should make the QFs, which would be a nice week for him and more much needed ranking points.

Good luck in France, Fly!

Filo V.
05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Kris is the 4th match on center court tomorrow vs. Guez, he's one of only two MD matches tomorrow. Hopefully he does well and gets a win over the Frenchman. Good luck!

Filo V.
05-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Kris lost to Guez, 7-6 (9) 2-6 3-6. He simply made too many errors, the winds were going strong so that didn't help. He didn't move well and Guez attacked his serve more effectively as the match went on, whereas Kristof never broke the Frenchman in the match.

Hopefully Kris can start having better results in future tournaments. He's not on the main list of any draws next week, and is very far down the alternate list in Nice, so his next tournament appears as if it will be the French Open.