MTF vBulletin Upgrade discussion [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MTF vBulletin Upgrade discussion

Steve
12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Just in time to get ready for the 2008 tour, we are excited to launch a whole new version of MensTennisForums.com! We’ve upgraded the entire site and this means you now have a host of fantastic new features to face-off with!

Enjoy the new features and thanks for making MensTennisForums.com number one!

User Blogs
User blogs are now live! We've found a new replacement for the old journals. And the best part? Old journals should work again! Don't already have an old journal? Then start yours today!

Multi-Quote
The much-requested multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted in the new post.

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.

Quote Tags Link to Quoted Post
When quoting a post, the location of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the original post.

Mark Forums Read with AJAXlace
If you wish to mark a forum read, you can simply click its status icon on the index page and the change will be processed without a reload. You can even mark individual sub-forums as read in the same way.

New Buddy/Ignore List Editor Saves with AJAXlace
Along with a new interface, your buddy and ignore lists are saved with AJAXlace to prevent an unnecessary reload. Additionally, to make the interface even easier to use, vBulletin searches for matching users as you type their names.

Unique Unsubscribe Link in Emails
Thread and forum subscription emails now include a link for unsubscribing that is unique to each user. When using this link, unsubscribing from a thread or forum no longer requires logging in.

Save Search Preferences with AJAXlace
Changing your search preferences on the advanced search page no longer requires a page reload.

Pop-Up List of Attachments in a Thread
The paperclip icon that denotes whether a thread contains attachments is now clickable. It will pop up a window that shows a list of all the attachments in the specified thread, including file size and number of views.

Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only
You may now choose to receive private messages only from users on your buddy list. If a non-buddy tries to send you a message, they will receive an error saying that you do not accept private messages. Administrators and moderators are automatically able to bypass this restriction.

Give Reputation Using AJAXlace
Reputation can now be added to a poster without leaving the page. When you click the reputation icon on a post, a box will appear and allow you to choose whether you approve or disapprove of the post and provide a reason.

Full BCC Support in Private Messages
Like in an email, BCC (blind carbon-copy) allows you to hide the full list of recipients from each recipient of your private messages. In previous versions of vBulletin, the “to” field acted like a BCC field. Now, the “to” field acts like the field in an email; each recipient will see all the names in the “to” field.

Announcements Display when Viewing New Posts
In previous versions of vBulletin, announcements were only shown when a user viewed a list of threads in a forum. As some users only viewed new posts by clicking the “New Posts”, they never saw the announcements. vBulletin 3.6 displays those announcements at the top of the results.

Points replaced with MTF Credits
We are switching to a new form of currency: MensTennisForums credits. These credits will replace the old point system that we had and can be used for vBookie betting. In addition, this new feature comes with a realistic bank. You can view how many credits you have in your checking account in the status panel to the right, and if you click on the Banking link, you can see how much you have in your savings account collecting interest. Look forward to more ways to earn credits!

FerrersLinda
12-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I see iSpy got buried again:awww:

Denaon
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
I see iSpy got buried again:awww:

yes...I was wondering the same....:sad:

:sobbing:

krystlel
12-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I want iSpy back too. :sobbing:

tangerine_dream
12-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Since yesterday's upgrade I've been getting a lot of error messages like this one (I use Safari, if that matters any):

Warning: connect(): Can't connect to 10.10.10.114:11214, Unknown error (0) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 307

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 309

Also, the premium members have that little blue question mark box under their names now where the premium icon used to be.

User Blogs
User blogs are now live! We've found a new replacement for the old journals. And the best part? Old journals should work again! Don't already have an old journal? Then start yours today!
Is there any way we can delete old journals?

Truc
12-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Since yesterday's upgrade I've been getting a lot of error messages like this one (I use Safari, if that matters any):

Warning: connect(): Can't connect to 10.10.10.114:11214, Unknown error (0) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 307

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 309Same here (with Firefox).

FilipeMB
12-16-2007, 12:24 PM
This people also (including me) are having the same problem -> http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114201

maldini
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Personally I don't like that Sticky Threads and the others are now like "separated" :shrug:

(I hope this is the right place to post this..)

Deboogle!.
12-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Can we not change usernames anymore? the option is gone from the UserCP

adee-gee
12-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Noooooooo :help:

The Hoff was only supposed to be a joke :lol:

savesthedizzle
12-16-2007, 11:03 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

FilipeMB
12-16-2007, 11:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-17-2007, 12:24 AM
uh ohhhhhhhhh :lol:

keqtqiadv
12-17-2007, 11:06 AM
:sad:

Nathaliia
12-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I like the changes except of lack of ispy :sad: and that users can't change the names anymore (if it's true)

GlennMirnyi
12-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Second that. :eek: We want that option back!

Sunset of Age
12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd like to have both ISpy and the option to change the username back... didn't mean to stay "ClayBuzza" forever... :eek: because as soon as Muzza beats one of my two fav players, the love will be over, :armed: :lol:

Jelena
12-21-2007, 03:02 PM
I don't think it was good to take the namechange-option away for the paying members without giving an announcement that it will be taken away soon. If you had given an announcement then the paying members would have had the possibility to change their name back on an again permanent name. As you can see, many paying members used the option as a joke in the last few months. So I think, if you take the option off, you should reinstall it for a week or so that the paying members have the possibility to change their name back to a permanent name.

Zirconek
12-23-2007, 10:12 PM

and I should start 2008 as McZircon :sad:

I think we can ask in the username change thread and, as site supporters, be allowed to do it more than once. :p or the administrators can't do it anymore too? :scared:
But it was great the way it was (in User CP), why did they change? Or will we have to wait 1 month to have it again? :scratch: don't know, it would be helpful if they at least answer to this tread.

Nathaliia
12-29-2007, 05:45 PM
I also suppose less and less people will be paying for the membership. I was taking it into a consideration, now I don't.

El Legenda
01-05-2008, 05:35 AM
this forum sucks.

01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow I'm gone for a while and the whole place changes :eek: