Predict-the-SCORE Suggestions Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Predict-the-SCORE Suggestions Thread

silverwhite
06-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Please post any suggestions you have on the scoring format, the game, features in this forum, etc. here.

Lady
07-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Ok, I have this idea!
How about awarding 10 bonus points for the comletely guessed score! You know, it happens so rare, when the player guesses exact same score, so I think it could be rewarded. :)

silverwhite
07-11-2004, 03:24 PM
But those usually make the list of top scoring predictions and earn bonus points already don't they?

silverwhite
07-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Anyone has any suggestions on the Top 3 Highest-Scoring Predictions? Think the points given are too many or too few? Think the system needs to be changed?

jrm
07-27-2004, 12:12 PM
I think every single perfect score should bring +10 points

In a GS a perfect score would bring +50 points

silverwhite
07-27-2004, 12:17 PM
See my reply 2 posts above.

Aleksa's Laydee
10-31-2004, 08:19 PM
hey silverwhite...are we having a masters cup?

silverwhite
11-01-2004, 08:57 AM
hey silverwhite...are we having a masters cup?

Yes, but I think I'll accept any player since the game is not that popular. :(

silverwhite
08-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Idea:
League table format for rounds prior to QF + knockout tournament from QF onwards for the Top 8.

Trial Runs:
TBA, but definitely after the USO

Rationale:
1. To make the game more exciting and competitive.
2. To lower the weightage of the first few rounds. A lot of tournaments tend to be decided by the early round scores.
3. Rest in between tournaments for players.
4. Everyone will have to settle replacements in the first few rounds.
5. Slightly less work for the admins.

Details:
1. Knockout tournament: Top 4 seeds and then randomly draw the other 4
Alternative: Randomly draw all 8

2. Predictions for knockout rounds sent through PM.

3. TB for league table round:
# of perfect picks, then (if tied) # of zeroes (the one with less zeroes wins, of course :lol: ), then (if still tied) average of common picks between players.
Alternatives: Scores from latest round, arrange individual prediction scores for each player in descending order and compare in the form of an ATP TB (eg. 32 vs 30: 32 > 30 so score is 1-0)

4. TB for knockout rounds: Scores from previous league table/knockout rounds (i.e. compare scores from previous round and if tied, go back one more round)

5. Ranking points:
Total 1st Round to QF scores to rank quarterfinalists
Total 1st Round to SF scores to rank semifinalists

Foosimoo
08-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Idea:
League table format for rounds prior to QF + knockout tournament from QF onwards for the Top 8.

Trial Runs:
TBA, but definitely after the USO

Rationale:
1. To make the game more exciting and competitive.
2. To lower the weightage of the first few rounds. A lot of tournaments tend to be decided by the early round scores.
3. Rest in between tournaments for players.
4. Everyone will have to settle replacements in the first few rounds.
5. Slightly less work for the admins.

Details:
1. Knockout tournament: Top 4 seeds and then randomly draw the other 4
Alternative: Randomly draw all 8

2. Predictions for knockout rounds sent through PM.

3. TB for league table round:
# of perfect picks, then (if tied) # of zeroes (the one with less zeroes wins, of course :lol: ), then (if still tied) average of common picks between players.
Alternatives: Scores from latest round, arrange individual prediction scores for each player in descending order and compare in the form of an ATP TB (eg. 32 vs 30: 32 > 30 so score is 1-0)

4. TB for knockout rounds: Scores from previous league table/knockout rounds (i.e. compare scores from previous round and if tied, go back one more round)

5. Ranking points:
Total 1st Round to QF scores to rank quarterfinalists
Total 1st Round to SF scores to rank semifinalists

Interesting... :scratch:

silverwhite
08-24-2006, 05:45 PM
You mean you didn't read about it in the New Haven thread? :lol:

Foosimoo
08-24-2006, 05:47 PM
You mean you didn't read about it in the New Haven thread? :lol:

I couldn't play PTS this week, so I wasn't following the thread too closely. :lol:

silverwhite
08-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I see :p

Ria
10-13-2007, 03:45 PM
PTS is in serious decline and this week a tournament has not been played and no one seemed to notice :sad: . Swissmister1 hasnt posted on MTF since the US OPEN, (I hope he is ok) so Puschkin and I decided to post to see if the players are still interested in playing or should we just forget about PTS.

We are looking for suggestions about what you like about the game, what changes would you like and any insight on how to make this game alive and popular again.

The game also needs volunteers to keep the race and rankings updated regularly.

Looking forward to your comments and feedback :wavey:

Caio_Brasil
10-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Of course i'm interested, i love PTS!

Yes, i noticed that no tournament was played this week. But i had lots of games to manage and i didn't want to post every week in the managers thread "who will open the thread bla bla bla", it's boring.

I think there's no secret to make the game popular, the only thing to do is inviting more players and keep the game organized. It's very cool and for sure there will be players always playing it :yeah:

Who will run Madrid? :banana:

Allez-Alejo
10-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I really don't see why there is such a lack of interest....it has to do directly with real tennis, not fantasy like many of the games...people must know about it as the threads are always in the same place, right next to TT, suicide and PAW of which have a tremendous amount of players...I'm at a loss.

:(

Peta Pan
10-14-2007, 05:59 AM
Well I've lost interest because of the rankings not being updated. Other than that I LOVE the game and it's the one I've had the most success with!

Unfortunately I can not offer help with that though because I do not understand how rankings work properly so I would never work it out (and I really don't have the time to do it).

Puschkin
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Well, we could ask SW how the ranking works, he was the PTS- manager up to the end of 2006 :worhsip:. But I cannot access the archives, so I don't know all winners and results from this year.

Instead of one person doing the rankings which might turn out to be quite laborious, in particular if one lets the results pile up, we could share the work. each manager of an individual tourney also does the ranking. This would lead to a better distribution of work and the results would come on time. What do you guys think? And don't answer so enthusiastically.:devil:

Ria
10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Well, we could ask SW how the ranking works, he was the PTS- manager up to the end of 2006 :worhsip:. But I cannot access the archives, so I don't know all winners and results from this year.

Instead of one person doing the rankings which might turn out to be quite laborious, in particular if one lets the results pile up, we could share the work. each manager of an individual tourney also does the ranking. This would lead to a better distribution of work and the results would come on time. What do you guys think? And don't answer so enthusiastically.:devil:

I'm like Peta, I dont understand exactly how the rankings work. Maybe the race is easier to keep track of.

I guess we should just forget about this year's rankings and start fresh next season. I dont imagine someone is going to take up all the work to update all this year's results and be done with them in time for Shanghai :shrug:

Puschkin
10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm like Peta, I dont understand exactly how the rankings work. Maybe the race is easier to keep track of.

Well, it works like the real one, but for this it is necessary to have the previous results and I don't have them and as I said, I can't get into the archives' thread. Just for my curiosity: Can you?

I guess we should just forget about this year's rankings and start fresh next season.

Probably the most pragmatic solution, though a bit disappointing. I'll ask SW about the point distribution.

Ria
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, it works like the real one, but for this it is necessary to have the previous results and I don't have them and as I said, I can't get into the archives' thread. Just for my curiosity: Can you?

Yes I can access the Archive.

This is a direct link http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

qczi
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
i could run a pts tourney next week. i know it was basel last year, but i'd prefer lyon over basel this year.

Ria
10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
i could run a pts tourney next week. i know it was basel last year, but i'd prefer lyon over basel this year.

That's great, thank you qczi :yeah:

I'll run Paris. :)

FilipeMB
10-18-2007, 11:05 PM
I can try to update the race in order to run a PTS Masters Cup for the best 8players in the seaosn, if you guys want

Puschkin
10-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys for all the offers. Lyon is fine with me. Together we manage to keep PTS alive. :wavey: