How to buy a Racquet? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How to buy a Racquet?

juninhOH
11-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi, I'm going to start taking tennis lessons next week. I only held a racqet in my hand once hehe, so I really don't know how to choose my racquet.

Of course I don't want anything very costy, fancy, etc, I just would like some ideas on what racqet should I buy, since I'll be probably playing two-three times a week, mainly for fun.

the size of the racquet, etc, I would like to know how do I choose it.

Thank you very much.

GlennMirnyi
11-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Ask your coach. I don't think you're in a position to choose a racket on your own right now. Then with technique and experience you'll be able to choose one.

jazar
11-27-2007, 09:32 PM
unfortunately beginners tennis rackets have the most technology in them, making them more expensive. but they are well worth the money if you are going to be playing regularly

Pimmchanok
11-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Does the "pick a racquet which is the same length as your arm" rule still apply or is that only for juniors?
As a beginner I dont think it matters that much what racquet you use as long as it's of a decent quality and is durable if you're going to play a couple times a week.
As Hughes said, once you get a some technique and some good strokes, then you should go and buy one that suits you. But if you're just going into a shop to buy a racquet, you should probably ask someone in store for which ones are good for beginners for a decent price